Nick obliterates ZIM once and for all

mark_foster81

Sep 28, 2002, 7:54:33 PM9/28/02
I read this at Toon Zone Forums ( http://forums.toonzone.net ) about
ZIM:

"Oh maaaaaaan. . .

Just in from the rec.arts.animation Usenet Newsgroup

Invader Zim just had its production shut down. Several unfinished
episodes, including the long awaited Christmas special will never be
completed, much less shown. The staff, who were desperately trying to
get as much finished as they coud, were given 24 hours to vacate the
studio. . .

:-(

Aaaaaaauuugh!!"

This is just evidence that Nick is going down more and more each and
everyday, ala Disney. This keeps up and, eventually, the network will
undergo a wild revolution, including the obliviation of the network.

Steve Mindykowski

Sep 28, 2002, 8:13:25 PM9/28/02
mark_foster81 wrote:

> I read this at Toon Zone Forums ( http://forums.toonzone.net ) about
> ZIM:
>
> "Oh maaaaaaan. . .
>
> Just in from the rec.arts.animation Usenet Newsgroup
>
> Invader Zim just had its production shut down. Several unfinished
> episodes, including the long awaited Christmas special will never be
> completed, much less shown. The staff, who were desperately trying to
> get as much finished as they coud, were given 24 hours to vacate the
> studio. . .

Actually, it's partly my fault that I said they were given 24 hours to
leave -- "Sweet Zombie Jesus", who has worked for the show, corrected me:

> The Storyboard artists had to get out first..they told us on a Thursday
> around 4pm...and we basically had to be out the next day. BG artists and
> such had to stay another 3 weeks and finish stuff up......man, what torture
> that musta been....if I was one of them, I probably woulda just
> walked.....but, paycheck's a paycheck.
>
> Oh well......I got a new pair of glasses out of it by using my Viacom
> insurance before they cancelled it..bwahha.

The thread, "Is ZIM Gone Forever", said nothing about Nick pulling the
plug on the Chrsitmas episode -- to my recollection, it's still
scheduled, though Nick can do practically anything they want.

--
Steve Mindykowski
rugr...@tampabay.rr.com

Sweet Zombie Jesus

Sep 28, 2002, 8:25:46 PM9/28/02
"Steve Mindykowski" <rugr...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message

> The thread, "Is ZIM Gone Forever", said nothing about Nick pulling the
> plug on the Chrsitmas episode -- to my recollection, it's still
> scheduled, though Nick can do practically anything they want.

Xmas was put "back into production" soon after the cancellation, and a few
artists stayed around for another month or so to do it. It's in post
production right now.

--
-Greg
"Hello floor!!! Make me a sammich!!!!"

Sweet Zombie Jesus

Sep 28, 2002, 8:26:23 PM9/28/02
"mark_foster81" <mark_f...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Invader Zim just had its production shut down.

That happened in January........nothing new.

MegaJay738

Sep 29, 2002, 11:50:06 AM9/29/02
So does this mean Nick Animation Studios is gone for good, or something?
-MegaJ
"This Price Is Right showcase shows us the many fun ways to get wet!"

Gideon

Sep 29, 2002, 9:14:58 PM9/29/02
mark_f...@hotmail.com (mark_foster81) wrote in message news:<9d1b7e59.02092...@posting.google.com>...

Well, if it's any consolation to you, the Butt Ugly Martians seem to
be gone too. All that's left of SLAM is two hours of Speed Racer.

Steve Mindykowski

Sep 29, 2002, 9:41:12 PM9/29/02
Gideon wrote:

> Well, if it's any consolation to you, the Butt Ugly Martians seem to
> be gone too. All that's left of SLAM is two hours of Speed Racer.

I think that's only a one-time thing -- next Sunday (10/6).

That is, unless Nick was foolhardy enough to present a surprise Speed Racer marathon today (9/29).

Don Del Grande

Sep 29, 2002, 11:16:38 PM9/29/02
Steve Mindykowski <rugr...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

>Gideon wrote:
>
>> Well, if it's any consolation to you, the Butt Ugly Martians seem to
>> be gone too. All that's left of SLAM is two hours of Speed Racer.

>I think that's only a one-time thing -- next Sunday (10/6).
>That is, unless Nick was foolhardy enough to present a surprise Speed Racer marathon today (9/29).

No - they showed the Invader Zim episode "Gir Goes Crazy and Stuff /
Dib's Wonderful Life of Doom" at 4:30, and while I didn't actually see
Robot Wars, they did show a commercial for today's show.

There will be a two-hour Speed Racer marathon next week, followed by a
Sabrina TV-movie (I assume that it's the live-action version, as they
don't call it "Sabrina the Animated Series"), which is also airing at
12:30 (I assume this is the first of their Sunday movies).

Don Del Grande, del_g...@netvista.net
"Remember, building robots is dangerous...if you want to build your
own robot, just ask us how!"

Steve Mindykowski

Sep 30, 2002, 12:08:59 AM9/30/02
Don Del Grande wrote:

> There will be a two-hour Speed Racer marathon next week, followed by a
> Sabrina TV-movie (I assume that it's the live-action version, as they
> don't call it "Sabrina the Animated Series"), which is also airing at
> 12:30 (I assume this is the first of their Sunday movies).

With DIC handling the movies, I think it's the animated version, even though they didn't say it was the
animated series (which was a DIC production). Viacom Productions produced the live-action series.

JBasu0

Sep 30, 2002, 1:02:19 PM9/30/02
What's funny is that "Sabrina the Animated Series" is now a
part of the weekday afternoon lineup on the Disney Channel,
but I guess there is no real concern from Nick or Disney. I
do (or did) see Disney Channel promos featuring Sabrina the
Animated Series during my local cable breaks on Nick, but
I'm not sure how widespread they are in general. On the two
cable systems that I watch regularly, Nick's local cable
breaks are already amusing because of the number of CN ads
that show up.

JB
--
Alex Mack Stuff at:
http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~joydip/alexmack/

Fish Eye no Miko

Sep 30, 2002, 5:20:15 PM9/30/02
"Sweet Zombie Jesus" <jamofo...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> "Steve Mindykowski" <rugr...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > The thread, "Is ZIM Gone Forever", said nothing about Nick
> > pulling the plug on the Chrsitmas episode -- to my recollection,
> > it's still scheduled, though Nick can do practically anything they
> > want.
>
> Xmas was put "back into production" soon after the cancellation, and
> a few artists stayed around for another month or so to do it. It's in
> post production right now.

Any word on when it's gonna air? And are they gonna air any more new
episodes after "Hobo 13" and "Walk for You Life"?

Catherine Johnson.

Don Del Grande

Sep 30, 2002, 8:40:19 PM9/30/02
Fish Eye no Miko wrote:

>> Xmas was put "back into production" soon after the cancellation, and
>> a few artists stayed around for another month or so to do it. It's in
>> post production right now.

> Any word on when it's gonna air?

Well, based on Nickelodeon's past record, all of its shows' Christmas
episodes are usually shown only in December.

> And are they gonna air any more new episodes after "Hobo 13" and "Walk for You Life"?

I'm still waiting for Nick to air the episodes of "Hey Arnold!" and
"CatDog" they've been sitting on for years...

Don Del Gra...@netvista.net
I wonder how they're going to handle the fact that they've got two
"Rugrats" Christmas episodes (one of which doesn't have Dil and Kimi)

Paul Melville Austin

Oct 1, 2002, 12:52:44 AM10/1/02

"Don Del Grande" <del_g...@netvista.net> wrote in > I wonder how they're

going to handle the fact that they've got two
> "Rugrats" Christmas episodes (one of which doesn't have Dil and Kimi)

the non Dil and Kimi one will find itself not shown?

Sweet Zombie Jesus

Oct 1, 2002, 2:55:58 AM10/1/02
"Fish Eye no Miko" <cath...@feablenm.net> wrote in message

> Any word on when it's gonna air? And are they gonna air any more new
> episodes after "Hobo 13" and "Walk for You Life"?

No idea, but it would make sense to show the last 7 episodes (7 1/2 if you
count Walk, which hasn't aired in the US) before Xmas, as the series ends w/
the Xmas ep.