Favorite Line?

Maymun

May 3, 2002, 12:59:20 AM5/3/02
Just trying to light a spark here....

"Good times....good times."

Tay-vee

May 3, 2002, 1:14:38 AM5/3/02
"Don't mock me, Dave. Don't be a hurter."

It's not really the line, though... it's the delivery...

The first thing that sprung to mind was "It's like horsewhipping ether." <g>

Tavie (rhymes with GRAVY, not savvy)
==
"Welcome to LA; follow this ASS!" -Dave Foley

"Once there was a man called God, who liked to arrange things in my favor."
-Goose

JoE

May 3, 2002, 8:18:41 AM5/3/02
"Your last name is Garrelli?"

"Maymun" <f...@f48.com> wrote in message

John

May 3, 2002, 11:05:29 AM5/3/02
DAVE (to Bill):
"Wait a minute. If what you're saying is true... then I still don't
care."

Best line, and I still steal it to this day!!

-John-

Djordjic

May 3, 2002, 5:57:32 PM5/3/02
sp...@spam.com (John) wrote in message news:<3cd2a671...@news.optonline.net>...

Fantastic line that. However, it is Dave to Joe, not Bill. I didn't
want to appear all arrogant as I'm certainly not infallible! Just a
warning should the question 'who did Dave say this line too?' ever be
posed in a tense situation.

Dave: Have you ever heard the expression 'you can catch more flies
with honey than vinegar?'
Bill: Have you ever heard the expression that only hillbillies sit
around figuring out the best way to catch flies?!

SPRint3876

May 3, 2002, 6:02:11 PM5/3/02
Best line IMO was from Bill of course which I sent to that French bakelite
spammer:
"Don't try confusing us with half truths and gorrilla dust!"
Leo in Tucson

Sadge

May 3, 2002, 6:48:19 PM5/3/02
"Ever been bitch - slapped?"

or

"The devil mixes his lies with the truth people!" (when Bill is trying to
rally all the people to go down the stairs during the fire)

or

"When Johnny comes marching home again ... he's gay, he's gay" (Bill signing
when he was trying to find another career)

or (last one, I swear)

(this one is got to be my favorite NR moment, and it's not really becuase of
the line delivered, but I'm streching the rules)

Steve (Dave's replacement) : Bill, you wanted to see me?
(Bill punches Steve)
Dave: That was your big plan?
Bill: I *panicked*.

Djordjic

May 4, 2002, 2:54:30 PM5/4/02
> or (last one, I swear)
>
> (this one is got to be my favorite NR moment, and it's not really becuase of
> the line delivered, but I'm streching the rules)
>
> Steve (Dave's replacement) : Bill, you wanted to see me?
> (Bill punches Steve)
> Dave: That was your big plan?
> Bill: I *panicked*.

Thats my favourite Newsradio moment too, thanks for bringing it to my
attention - its been a few hours since I've laughed out loud in public
whilst remembering it! Who said violence wasn't funny?

More in our cavalcade of quotes!

Dave: 'Bill'
Matthew: 'Yeah'
Dave: 'Tells you lies - because he thinks thats funny'
Matthew: 'I don't see whats funny about that'
Dave: 'Thats kinda the point'

and the show goes on.....

Bill: 'What about all those phone calls you said we got about people
saying Joe was great?'
Lisa: 'I made those up'
Bill: 'Why?'
Lisa: 'To drive you insane'
Bill: 'WELL IT DIDN'T WORK!!!'

and finally....this isn't word for word but you'll know what I mean...

Lisa: 'Bill, have you got the final draft for todays 'Real Deal?'
Bill: 'Its all in here Lisa' *he points to his head*
Lisa: 'Bill, you can't just go on the air and make stuff up!'
Bill: 'I'll improvise!'
Dave: 'Yes, but Bill when you improvise the show usually consists of
inane ramblings about randomly placed objects within the broadcast
booth'
Bill: 'Well, I for one thought my piece 'Microphones - why do they
have to be so close to your face?' was very good'

Thats enough typing for now.

SPRint3876

May 4, 2002, 3:35:03 PM5/4/02
Hey, any line by Bill McNeal is a favorite, how about lines from others like
Matthew:
"Damn Hippy!"

or JJ:
"cough <good work>cough, but I'm not here right now."

or Carl from accounting:
Dave: "when was the last time we all ate together?"
Carl: "Never"

or that tall singing dude:
"Ha, Bowser" (while Joe is restrained)

or Matthew:
"Now what would you use that for?"

Leo in Tucson

Jordan Tucker

May 4, 2002, 4:02:36 PM5/4/02
> Hey, any line by Bill McNeal is a favorite, how about lines from others
like
> Matthew:
> "Damn Hippy!"

MAYHEM!

SPRint3876

May 4, 2002, 5:34:41 PM5/4/02
"Kiss me bum, monkey!!"

JoE

May 4, 2002, 7:46:57 PM5/4/02
Yessss!!! I love that one; was trying to remember it, but couldn't
verbatim. Thanks!

JoE

"SPRint3876" <sprin...@aol.com> wrote in message

Sadge

May 4, 2002, 8:38:34 PM5/4/02

> Hey, any line by Bill McNeal is a favorite

True.

How about this, though:

Bill: Why would she, Dave? Why would she ... french her daddy?

and of course:

"This is a two-part question. 1. What does Lisa look like naked? And 2. What
does Lisa feel like naked?"

Bill: It smells like an ashtray when I pee. Is there anything you can do to
help with that?
Dave: Gosh, I hope not.

Here's a good Dave one:

"No I am not paranoid cause I can say without a trace of irony you're all
out to get me!"

Tay-vee

May 4, 2002, 10:05:43 PM5/4/02
Leo said:

>or that tall singing dude:
>"Ha, Bowser" (while Joe is restrained)

I can't believe someone mentioned this. It cracks me up EVERY TIME. For awhile
I was just walking around saying, "Heh heh, Bowser" a la Brian Posehn.

Aaron O'Donnell

May 4, 2002, 10:56:26 PM5/4/02
On Sun, 05 May 2002 00:38:34 GMT in alt.tv.newsradio, "Sadge"
<Sad...@hotmail.comNOSPAM> wrote in message
<ea%A8.55671$n7.50...@bin8.nnrp.aus1.giganews.com>:

>Here's a good Dave one:
>
>"No I am not paranoid cause I can say without a trace of irony you're all
>out to get me!"

That would have to be my all-time favorite Newsradio quote.

Although the episode where Bill invents new ways to use the word
"Adequate" comes in a close second.

--

+-----------------------------+
| Aaron O'Donnell |

sagacity

May 5, 2002, 7:49:20 AM5/5/02
> "This is a two-part question. 1. What does Lisa look like naked? And 2.
What
> does Lisa feel like naked?"

"Ofcourse, if I DIDN'T become news-director I could answer these questions,
and more, in almost pornographic detail."

and the bit where Max tells Jimmy about wanting to sleep with someone, and
Jimmy goes "No, not right now" or something like that. Um. Kinda forgot how
that went.

--
Roy

stinkbutt

May 5, 2002, 5:11:31 PM5/5/02
Bill: "Are you challenging my constitutional right to make nude phone
calls?!"

*-Stinkbutt-*
-*-*0o0o0*-*-

Wraith

May 5, 2002, 6:50:49 PM5/5/02
"Will you relax? You've got more paranoid fantasies than Stephen King
on crack." - Jimmy

"Jimmy, when true love is unrequited, the whole world is a load of
crap." - Bill

"I think I've got a title. 'I Suck: The Bill McNeal Story'." - Bill

"I can't believe you! You are laughing on the inside!" - Dave

"11:35 am. Test subject now 'wicked smart.'" - Dave (reading from
Joe's notes)

Lisa: It doesn't matter, that was beyond inappropriate!
Max: What? The kissing itself, or the involvement of tongue?
Lisa: Ugh. Both. Both. And I think you owe it to me to go in there and
tell Beth the truth.
Max: About the involvement of tongue!?

(most of those weren't from memory, but good quotes nonetheless.)

Jordan Tucker

May 5, 2002, 7:22:20 PM5/5/02
Bill: "Well, I'm hurt -- deep down inside, where I'm soft, like a woman..."

bill walsh

May 5, 2002, 7:38:15 PM5/5/02
What about Jimmy James and the tort bar?

"I've got so many lawyers lining up to see me, you'd think I had tobacco
leaking out of my breast implants."

"You're sending out more letters of apology than Union Carbide."

I miss my Unca Jeemee. (Actually, I miss the first season's vaguely
scary, ambiguously 'insane or genius' Jimmy James...)

--
bill walsh
ott...@mindspring.com

"It's not the despair, Laura. I can handle the despair. It's the _hope_."
--Michael Frayn, "Clockwise"

Richard Trionfo

May 5, 2002, 10:06:08 PM5/5/02
Bill wrote (among other things):

>I miss my Unca Jeemee.

I was in Tampa this past weekend for a seminar, and they still air NewsRadio on
the UPN affiliate. It turns out that the episode they aired on Thursday was
the first episode with Brad Rowe. Of course it has the Unca Jeemee lines
throughout.

It's good to post again.

Rich
"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college."
- Lewis Black

bill walsh

May 5, 2002, 11:59:34 PM5/5/02
I did enjoy some premium Stephen Root this evening on the second "King of
the Hill" episode, which had a lot of excellent Bill Dauterive speeches.
I found his crackpot peptalk for Boomhauer slightly reminiscent of some of
Mr. James's attempts to psyche up Dave...

stinkbutt

May 6, 2002, 10:10:46 AM5/6/02

Kerplobble

May 6, 2002, 1:11:05 PM5/6/02
>I found his crackpot peptalk for Boomhauer slightly reminiscent of some of
>Mr. James's attempts to psyche up Dave...

I thought the exact same thing!

Back me up here, who loves KotH? All my friends hate it and like Family Guy
instead. Oy.

-America "luker" Girl
kerpl...@aol.com

Kenneth Crudup

May 7, 2002, 12:35:31 PM5/7/02
In article <ea%A8.55671$n7.50...@bin8.nnrp.aus1.giganews.com>,
"Sadge" <Sad...@hotmail.comNOSPAM> says:

>"This is a two-part question. 1. What does Lisa look like naked? And 2. What
>does Lisa feel like naked?"

"While I cannot answer that question as Program Director, should I fail to
be elected I can answer this, and any other questions you might have in
almost *pornographic* detail."

-Kenny

--
Kenneth R. Crudup Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting (510) 745-0101
Home: 4110 E. Willow St. #246, Long Beach, CA 90815-1740

Kenneth Crudup

May 7, 2002, 12:40:11 PM5/7/02

JJ: "I've got so many lawyers coming after me I feel like I've got
tobacco leakin' outta my breast implants!"

Kenneth Crudup

May 7, 2002, 12:42:20 PM5/7/02
>>I found his crackpot peptalk for Boomhauer slightly reminiscent of some of
>>Mr. James's attempts to psyche up Dave...

Didja catch "Grounded for Life", BTW? It's so hard to dissociate his voice
from Unca Jimmee when he's in person (as opposed to being Boomhauer).

In article <20020506131105...@mb-ba.aol.com>,
kerpl...@aol.com (Kerplobble) says:

>Back me up here, who loves KotH? All my friends hate it and like Family Guy
>instead. Oy.

I watch both.

Kruger Ant

May 7, 2002, 3:20:11 PM5/7/02
Two lines that always always ALWAYS make me laugh.

Bill and Dave SCREAMING at Matthew in "smoking".

And...

The pre-programmed, Real-Deal singing jingle of "Well Screw YOU TOO"

Good times, good times.

(P.S. King of the Hill is great, because Bill is the best character to watch.
My favorite Bill moment HAS to be when Hank goes to New Orleans, and at the end
of the episode he goes back to pick up Bill who has been having 'relations'
with his cousins. Bill's only words as Hank picks him up is "BOTH of 'em!"-
Pure gold.)

I love and miss you all.

;-)

SPRint3876

May 7, 2002, 4:09:02 PM5/7/02
>Two lines that always always ALWAYS make me laugh.
>
>Bill and Dave SCREAMING at Matthew in "smoking".
>
>And...
>
>The pre-programmed, Real-Deal singing jingle of "Well Screw YOU TOO"
>
>Good times, good times.

Those are my two favorite lines also in that order. However for some reason, I
always like the lines preceeding "Good times" I really dislike the actual "GT,
GT" line for some wierd reason. Can not figure out why but I guess its like Joe
wanted to kick that big singing guy's a$$. The "Hah! Bowser" line came well
after Joe's wanting to kick his butt for some unknown reason. "I guess this is
one of those mysteries that we will never figure out" :)
Leo in Tucsonn

the rehearsal

May 7, 2002, 5:23:43 PM5/7/02
>The "Hah! Bowser" line came well
>after Joe's wanting to kick his butt for some unknown reason. "I guess this
>is
>one of those mysteries that we will never figure out" :)
>Leo in Tucsonn

Well I believe he was pissed because when they started to practice one guy
asked what he was doing and he said he wanted to watch and the big guy put his
hand on Joe's shoulder and said "Sorry, but this is a closed rehearsal." and
then as Joe started to go towards the guy Dave steps in and says," Let it go
Joe." I am pretty sure that is why Joe does not like him.

aaron
--
-yes i am the elitist-

"id like to be around, in a spiral staircase
to the higher ground"- U2

SPRint3876

May 7, 2002, 6:48:31 PM5/7/02
>Well I believe he was pissed because when they started to practice one guy
>asked what he was doing and he said he wanted to watch and the big guy put
>his
>hand on Joe's shoulder and said "Sorry, but this is a closed rehearsal." and
>then as Joe started to go towards the guy Dave steps in and says," Let it go
>Joe." I am pretty sure that is why Joe does not like him.
>
>aaron

You could be right but I thought it was the "sagacious" lawyer dude who
said "closed rehearsal" I could be wrong but I thought there was a line from
Joe that said something like "I don't know what it is but I want to kick that
big singing guys ass" Kinda like Joe wanting to beat up some punk rockers and
could only find skateboarders and Beth says "Yeah, skateboarders are real
wankers, can I come with you next time?"
Leo in Tucson

chickhazard

May 8, 2002, 5:57:05 PM5/8/02
Hi all. I'm really a lurker, but this thread brought up so many hilarious
memories from the show, I had to pitch in, heh.

> The pre-programmed, Real-Deal singing jingle of "Well Screw YOU TOO"

LOL! I love that one. I need one of those in my daily life...

Other personal faves (gosh, there are MANY!) are:

- "Rockelt fuel malt liqour DAMN!"

- The whole scene where Dave reads the messages in the complaint box.
"Shaft!" Hahahaha.

- "But Jimmy has fancy plans. And pants to match."

- "Farm boat same difference."

And recently I've found myself overusing "dilznoofus" for no apparent
reason...

/annica :)

Kenneth Crudup

May 8, 2002, 6:18:07 PM5/8/02
In article <d7hC8.1379$m4.2...@news010.worldonline.se>,
"chickhazard" <chick...@telia.com> says:

>- The whole scene where Dave reads the messages in the complaint box.
> "Shaft!" Hahahaha.

... then there's the other "Shaft" reference, in "Big Day"(?) within
earshot of Matthew:

"Hey Joe, who's the private dick who gets all the chicks?"
"I believe that would be 'Shaft', Bill."

Lil'

Jun 6, 2002, 2:23:22 AM6/6/02
" If I wanted to have this conversation I'd have hired that guy Siskel
Ebert to do your job."  And I would say, "Sir, Siskel and Ebert are
two guys."   And I'm sure you would then come back with, "Dave just
'cause the man is fat is no reason to make fun of him."

and, of course,

"I want a baby. A what? A baby. Well, ya can't have a damn baby."

...that's the *best* episode. Ever.

Chad R. Bates

Jun 8, 2002, 4:29:09 AM6/8/02
How can you forget Super Karate Monkey Death Car? IMO that is the best
Episode EVER.
It also has the funniest lines.
All of the Translated- Retranslated lines of Jimmies Book make me laugh so
hard, Milk shoots out of my nose. And I haven't had milk in Years.

I had a small house of Brokerage on Wall Street, many days no business comes
to my hut. But Jimmy has fear? A thousand times NO! I never doubted myself
for a minute, for I knew my Monkey Strong bowels were girded with strength,
like the loins of a Dragon, ribboned with fat, and the opulence of Buffalo
Dung.

Soon the Super Karate Monkey Death Car would park in my space. But Jimmy
has fancy plans, and Pants to Match.

Jimmy James, the Man so nice they named him Twice.

Chad

"Lil'" <darwin...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

JoE

Jun 8, 2002, 3:35:37 PM6/8/02
lol -- loved that one "Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

Classic, just classic.

JoE

"Chad R. Bates" <res0...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Ame

Jun 10, 2002, 3:27:36 PM6/10/02
Got to give another vote to the pants line.
-Amy

"JoE" <jjal...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Eric W.

Jun 12, 2002, 3:59:05 PM6/12/02
"Dave, there comes a time in every friendship when you have to say, I
never liked you get lost!"

Eric W.

Jun 12, 2002, 3:59:06 PM6/12/02

Eric W.

Jun 12, 2002, 4:00:35 PM6/12/02

Eric W.

Jun 12, 2002, 4:00:35 PM6/12/02

Mac

Jun 19, 2002, 6:55:52 PM6/19/02
ewil...@yahoo.com (Eric W.) wrote in message news:<ac5b48c1.02061...@posting.google.com>...

> "Dave, there comes a time in every friendship when you have to say, I
> never liked you get lost!"

"Yes, except my novel will be sold in book stores and airports nation
wide, where your journal will remain tucked under its mattress with
other bobbles and trinkets."

SPRint3876

Jun 19, 2002, 9:13:47 PM6/19/02
>where your journal will remain tucked under its mattress with
>other bobbles and trinkets."

"What on Earth would you use that for?"