Who do you want to see guest star?

DR TE$TH & THE ELECTRIC MAYHEM

Mar 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/31/96
I'm just curious to know who everyone out there would like to see on the
Muppets. I'll start it off by asking for an encore from John Cleese. Eric
Idle (Ford Prefect in HHGTTG), Lenard Nimoy (in his OWN episode, of course),
David Gilmore (of Pink Floyd acclaim), Christopher Lambert (I'm a serious
Hilander fan. I can just see CL fencing with Gonzo while Gonz bashes out a
speech in iambic pentameter.)

Lastly, (call me odd) a cameo by Carl Sagan on Pigs in Space.

rOn

--
DISCLAIMER - These opoi^H^H "dang", ^H, [esc :q :qq !q "NYRGH!" :Q! "Whaddya
mean, Not an editor command?" :wq! ^C^C^C !STOP ^bye ^quit :quit! !halt ...

Alexander Platt

Mar 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/31/96
Bobby McFerrin.

--
Alex Platt (LHO)

Everyday Hero

Mar 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/31/96

Actually, Bobby McFerrin guest starred on an episode of The Jim Henson
Hour, and was very good as I recall. But that's no reason not to have him
on Muppets Tonight. Just a little trivia.

Everyday Hero

David Hirsch

Apr 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/1/96
In article <1996Mar31.1...@cc.usu.edu>, DR TE$TH & THE ELECTRIC

MAYHEM writes:

>I'm just curious to know who everyone out there would like to see on the
>Muppets. I'll start it off by asking for an encore from John Cleese.
Eric
>Idle (Ford Prefect in HHGTTG), Lenard Nimoy (in his OWN episode, of
course),
>David Gilmore (of Pink Floyd acclaim), Christopher Lambert (I'm a serious
>Hilander fan. I can just see CL fencing with Gonzo while Gonz bashes out
>speech in iambic pentameter.)
>
>Lastly, (call me odd) a cameo by Carl Sagan on Pigs in Space.
>
> rOn
>
>--
I was the first to say it before, and I'll say it again. I think Rowan
Atkinson (Blackadder, Mr. Bean) would be a TOP Muppets Tonight. I can't
think of a scenario for the moment, but Rowan is the closest person to
looking like a Muppet without actually being one.
Come to think of it, I imagine VendaFace giving a Muppet some Rowan
Atkinson eyes, nose, etc, and using Atkinson as a model.

-Dave

Steve Abson

Apr 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/1/96
DR TE$TH & THE ELECTRIC MAYHEM (ro...@cc.usu.edu) wrote:
> Eric Idle (Ford Prefect in HHGTTG)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
When did Eric Idle ever play Ford Prefect??? Certainly not in the BBC
mini... TTFN.

---
.-------------------------------..---------------------------------.
| Steve "The Inquisitor" Abson :: SAb...@CHAT.Carleton.CA |
| Student of Computer Science, :: http://chat.carleton.ca/~sabson |
| Carleton University (CCSS) :: No, I'm not from Keene college! |
`-------------------------------'`---------------------------------'
"Of course it's a female cheese! You want me to dance with a male
cheese? That would be weird!" - The Great Gonzo

A. K. Mauer

Apr 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/1/96
Malcolm McDowell or Bruce Campbell would be great IMHO.

Vanessa Moeller

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96

I'd love to see Bono of U2 or the Artist formerly known as Prince on
because firstly they would probably dress weirder than the muppets do and
I'd just love to see if either of them could pull off the acting.
Secondly I think they would set up Statler and Waldorf perfectly for some
pretty sarcastic remarks. Or even Brad Pitt doing a scene with that new
Veterianarian but acting like he did in the movie "12 Monkeys". Mr. Bean
would be funny or Jim Carrey (if he could keep the adreneline down). And
what ever happened to the Cook? I miss his mumbling and his chicken
beating. What a rip-off when you don't see him chasing aftera chicken
yelling "The Bok-Bok", and there should be more Beeker!!!

Flapjack

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96

ro...@cc.usu.edu (DR TE$TH & THE ELECTRIC MAYHEM) writes:

> I'm just curious to know who everyone out there would like to see on the

> Muppets. I'll start it off by asking for an encore from John Cleese. Eric

> Idle (Ford Prefect in HHGTTG)

Um. . . no he wasn't.

It was David Dixon.

flapjack-who is thinks his .sig isn't half as scandalous as the name
"Slartibartfast"

--
Flapjack, the Guilt Toad who's keeping the goatee for a while
"Hey! I just realized how much I blow!"

sa...@aruba.ccit.arizona.edu

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96
How about Tim Curry? I thought he did very well in MTI.
--
* * * * *
Sally Garnaat

Mary A. Giordano

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96

Rowan Atkinson. He's a master of both verbal and silent comedy, so it
wouldn't be hard to write material for him. Besides that, his looks
would make an excellent Muppet likeness, much like they did with Marty
Feldman on the old Muppet Show.

GeekGrrl13

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96
1) Myself; I'm working towards Juilliard only so I can cameo in the 105th
Muppet Movie.

2) Jim Carrey, the Human Muppet. (I can just see him and Gonzo working
together, even though I loathe his movies)

3) Courtney Love (bizarre, huh? But I bet she and Miss Piggy would get
along really well.)

Joseph Larson

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96
DR TE$TH & THE ELECTRIC MAYHEM (ro...@cc.usu.edu) wrote:
: Eric Idle (Ford Prefect in HHGTTG),
Here here!

: Christopher Lambert (I'm a serious Hilander fan. I can just see CL

: fencing with Gonzo while Gonz bashes out a speech in iambic pentameter.)

Yea!

Paul McGann (Dr. Who #8)
Brent Spiner (Data ST:TNG)
and/or
John De Lancie (sp?) (Q)
for a realy cool Pigs in Space:Deep Dish Nine, the Next Generation of:
PIGS IN SPACE.

or for a strange episode, Sherry Lewis.

--
/================ e-mail: jla...@mosquito.frcc.cccoes.edu =====___n___===\
|| \ oo Joseph Larson || TARDIS EXPRESS: When it |__|__| ||

TNesi

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96
I would love to see Barbra Streisand. I could imagine her doing a duet
with Piggy, a "look back" with Clifford from the '60s so many other
things.
--
Visit My Muppet Page!
http://home.aol.com/TeddyN10

Visit My Peanuts Page!
http://home.aol.com/PeanutsTV

"I'm just your average, wholesome girl next door." - Michelle Pfeiffer
"Boy, I'm living in the wrong neighborhood!" - Clifford
--from "Muppets Tonight!" w/ Michelle Pfeiffer (Aired 3/8/96)

Adam

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96

Ohhh Just of the top of my head i'll Pick.....
Robin Willams.
Tom Hanks.
Jim Varney(the other Human Muppet).
Cristopher Loyd..

IMHO this is only A few you know like man you know I could like think of a
few more ya know? (:

--Adam "Aiieeeee!! No Sig!! Aiieeeeee!!"

ADAM

Apr 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/3/96

I agree!! He was spectacular as he usually is. He made the movie for me. When
you need human actors, they have to work well and he fit right in.
Adam

John Shortess

Apr 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/3/96
jla...@mosquito.frcc.cccoes.edu (Joseph Larson) wrote:

> for a realy cool Pigs in Space:Deep Dish Nine, the Next Generation of:
>PIGS IN SPACE.

Nah. How about BOAR-BALON 5?

Joseph Larson

Apr 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/3/96
John Shortess (shor...@premier.net) wrote:
: jla...@mosquito.frcc.cccoes.edu (Joseph Larson) wrote:

Cool. Piggy could be Yvonna-hog.

Steve Saunders

Apr 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/3/96
I have the first four episodes of Muppets Tonight on tape.
If Interested e-mail me

Bye,
Steve
m...@ix.netcom.com

Andrew S. Wheat

Apr 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/3/96
DR TE$TH & THE ELECTRIC MAYHEM (ro...@cc.usu.edu) wrote:
: I'm just curious to know who everyone out there would like to see on the
: Muppets. I'll start it off by asking for an encore from John Cleese. Eric

: Idle (Ford Prefect in HHGTTG),

When did Erik ever have anything to do with Hitchhikers? No, he never
played Ford, not in the teleplay or the radio show. He DOES, however,
play Rincewind in the new Diskworld game.
--
-Silverblade the Grey Wanderer (42 Jaguar games and counting,
MST3K # 65531, Founding member: Gonzo for Crosstown Bus

Steve Abson

Apr 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/4/96

He would be perfect!! I'd love to see both Mr. Bean and Blackadder visit
the Muppets. The two characters are such polar opposites that there's
ample opportunity for comedy. Just think, Muppets could be the first
place where Atkinson's most famous characters meet for the first time (or
keep happening to fail to meet, just missing each other... :). TTFN.

Jason John Seaver

Apr 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/4/96
In article <4jspq9$5...@gatekeeper.umassd.edu>,

ADAM <s190...@umassd.edu> wrote:
>In article <4jqclh$r...@news.ccit.arizona.edu>, sa...@aruba.ccit.arizona.edu
> writes:
>
>>How about Tim Curry? I thought he did very well in MTI.
>
>I agree!! He was spectacular as he usually is. He made the movie for me.
>When you need human actors, they have to work well and he fit right in.

In the same vein, how about Matt Frewer? My only concern is that
the human guests are sort of supposed to be straight men to the insanity
around them - but Garth Brooks did pretty well jumping right in. Of course,
I guess Matt would have to get well-known again before they had him on MT!
Maybe in a movie?

Harry Connick Jr. Great musician and funny guy.
--
Jason Seaver: jse...@wpi.wpi.edu |"Is this a good thing, Bull?"
WPI Student and fan of Atari, |"No, Axl, it's a continuous employment

T. Erik Browne

Apr 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/4/96
In article <4k0k8p$c...@bigboote.wpi.edu>,

Jason John Seaver <jse...@bigwpi.WPI.EDU> wrote:

> In the same vein, how about Matt Frewer? My only concern is that
>the human guests are sort of supposed to be straight men to the insanity
>around them - but Garth Brooks did pretty well jumping right in. Of course,
>I guess Matt would have to get well-known again before they had him on MT!
>Maybe in a movie?

Hey, wasn't he just in "Lawnmower Man II"?

<snigger>

T. Erik Browne | All operating systems suck.
tbr...@thuban.ac.hmc.edu | The sooner you learn this, the better.
tbr...@netcom.com | finger @netcom for pgp key
"I'm not sure I can cope with poetry tonight. Not even bad poetry."

Brendan M Tuohy

Apr 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/5/96
I want to see Big Bird.I know hes a muppet,but think of the wonderful
guest he'd make on MT.They could have a reunion!It would be so much
fun.

Love,
Colleen

Brendan M Tuohy

Apr 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/5/96
Don't you people know this isn't the Alantis page?

Love,
Colleen

Alexander Hart

Apr 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/6/96
Here are my picks for cool Muppet guests:

Patrick Stewart
"Weird Al" Yankovic
Joel Hodgson (from MST3K - he should be used to working with puppets!)
Jim Carrey
Robin Williams (both would probably upstage the Muppets, though)
Bill Murray
Leslie Nielson (even though he was already in that "Mr. Willowby" thing)
David Duchovny and/or Gillian Anderson (we still haven't seen the
"X-Flies" yet!)
Matt Frewer
Gilbert Gottfried (hey, I think he's funny!)
Any big-time, dramatic actor: Jack Nicholson, Anthony Hopkins, etc.

--Alex

S. Revell

Apr 7, 1996, 4:00:00 AM4/7/96
my picks for new guest stars :
definitely john cleese ! (or perhaps eric idle ?)
jack nicholson
maybe the lead singers from oasis or blur, to poke fun at the whole
brit-pop "war"
some cool unknown talent, rather than famous people who can't really do
very much (ie. cindy crawford, who really can't seem to sing at all and
was mostly a decoration) - i know i'm going to get flamed for this ! but
remember, it's just my humble opinion, and if you don't like it, don't
pay attention.

sheena
still contemplating john cleese on muppets tonight

"sanity is the playground for the unimaginative"

Thalia1900

Apr 7, 1996, 4:00:00 AM4/7/96
I would like to see Robin Williams.......I think it would be funny if they
did a spin on some of his movies......Can you just imagine him with the
muppets?????

Henrietta Pussycat

Apr 7, 1996, 4:00:00 AM4/7/96

*GASP* Its NOT?!?!?!?!?

wait...huh?
-=-meow meow carrie
-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o
"Be yourself. If you try to be someone else, it gets so confusing,
and it makes life so difficult for the post office and deliverymen."
---Miss Piggy
-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
*+*+*Microsoft Works is an Oxymoron*+*+*
Mahna Mahna! http://http.tamu.edu:8000/~cam7486/

Alexander Platt

Apr 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/8/96
Thalia1900 (thali...@aol.com) wrote:
: I would like to see Robin Williams.......I think it would be funny if they

: did a spin on some of his movies......Can you just imagine him with the
: muppets?????

I'm curious; why do all of you people have a desire to see so many
professonal comedians on the show? IMHO these are usually the worst
shows that the muppets do. I'd much rather see Anthony Hopkins, Jack
Nicholson, Ozzy Osbourne, Bela Fleck, etc. than Jim Carrey or Robbin
Williams.

--
Alex Platt (LHO)

< O /
()~ --How goes the night?
/ >

Everyday Hero

Apr 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/8/96

How about Richard Garfield, the creator of Magic:The Gathering? There
have to be some gags in that.

I'd like to see Super Dave Osborne do a cameo as Gonzo's guardian angel.

Everyday Hero

P.S. Who is M'di Bolo(or whatever his name is) supposed to be? There were
enough famous people parodies in the Frogketeers, is he another?

Craig Box

Apr 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/9/96

ro...@cc.usu.edu (DR TE$TH & THE ELECTRIC MAYHEM) wrote:
>Muppets. I'll start it off by asking for an encore from John Cleese. Eric
>Idle (Ford Prefect in HHGTTG), Lenard Nimoy (in his OWN episode, of course),

Eric Idle was Ford Prefect? David Niven and Geoffrey Someone, but definately
not Eric Idle.

Is this some new HHGTTG I don't know about?

Craig

Alexander Platt

Apr 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/9/96
: Eric Idle was Ford Prefect? David Niven and Geoffrey Someone, but definately
: not Eric Idle.

: Is this some new HHGTTG I don't know about?

No. It was the original BBC series. HAPPY!

xandan

Apr 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/9/96
Everyday Hero <x92...@juliet.stfx.ca> wrote:

>How about Richard Garfield, the creator of Magic:The Gathering? There
>have to be some gags in that.
>
>I'd like to see Super Dave Osborne do a cameo as Gonzo's guardian angel.

I'd love to see an appearance by the Mystery Science Theatre 3000 team
Mike, Tom, and Crow are somehow transported into the KMUP studios, and on their tails are Dr. Forrester
and his mom. (Why does this seem to remind me of the Star Wars episode of TMS?) I can picture it now:

UNNAMED MUPPET: <screaming> We've been invaded by alien Muppets! AHHHHH!

CROW & TOM: <hear this, and begin screaming>

MIKE: Uhm...guys, I think _we're_ the aliens.

TOM & CROW: Oh...<begin screaming again..Crow's eyes fall out>

Ah, what fun. Perhaps have a cameo by Frank Coniff (aka TV's Frank)?

"Xandan" Mills
-"What do you think, sirs?"
No, I don't have a real sig yet...

Flapjack

Apr 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/10/96
In article <4kdlml$2...@netnews.upenn.edu>
apl...@mail1.sas.upenn.edu (Alexander Platt) writes:

> : Eric Idle was Ford Prefect? David Niven and Geoffrey Someone, but definately
> : not Eric Idle.
>
> : Is this some new HHGTTG I don't know about?
>

> No. It was the original BBC series. HAPPY!

Um. . .I really think you're mistaken here. According to the Cardiff
Movie Database, Idle has never played a role in any Hitchhikers project
(however, he was a voice in the Transformers movie, I had forgotten
that). Douglas Adams is the only non-Python to have ever written for
the show (except maybe Neill Innes) but I think that street only goes
one way.

flapjack-who was a major nerd in seventh grade, and would have known
about these things

--
Flapjack, the Guilt Toad who's keeping the goatee for a while
"Hey! I just realized how much I blow!"
--Noah, in the play of the same name by Abe Smith
Have a look at the goatee at:
HTTP://students.vassar.edu/~nosmith/nosmith.html

Kevin K. Kiuchi

Apr 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/10/96

How about instead of single stars, have like 'casts of' certain shows.
My picks would be:

Party of Five
Murphy Brown
Everyone from Star Trek The Next Geneation

And hmm.. these might work also:

The Olsen twins (I think they can sing, I dunno)
People from the O.J. Trial
Cast from either Different Strokes or Dukes of Hazard County

--------

kevin

Alexander Platt

Apr 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/10/96
Flapjack (nos...@vassar.edu) wrote:
: >
: > No. It was the original BBC series. HAPPY!

: Um. . .I really think you're mistaken here. According to the Cardiff
: Movie Database, Idle has never played a role in any Hitchhikers project

It wasn't a movie. It was a series.

amy perritano

Apr 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/11/96

I would like to see the members of Rush guest-starring. Or at least Geddy
Lee.

Seriously, I think it would be cool to have Richard Dean Anderson (MacGyver)
or of course, Mulder and Scully.

Amy
:)

Ross Garmil

Apr 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/11/96
Kevin K. Kiuchi (kiu...@news.seattleu.edu) wrote:

: How about instead of single stars, have like 'casts of' certain shows.
: My picks would be:

: Party of Five
: Murphy Brown
: Everyone from Star Trek The Next Geneation

Okay, through here I'm all right with this.

I generally don't want to complain about other people's choices...but---

: And hmm.. these might work also:

: The Olsen twins (I think they can sing, I dunno)

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

DON'T DO THAT!!

: People from the O.J. Trial

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

LOOK BUDDY, YOU'RE WALKING A THIN LINE HERE!

: Cast from either Different Strokes or Dukes of Hazard County

Somehow this doesn't really disturb me as mu--no wait a minute.

Nostalgia. I used to like those shows.
Present reality. They're terrible. Most of the actors on them were bad
and many are dead.

Conflict....can't.....go....on.

Hey, wait a minute. How 'bout Adam West?

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Ross--who really likes Adam West, but realizes his limitations.

Thalia1900

Apr 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/12/96
What about Jane Seymour? She's made enough cheesy movies in her lifetime
that the Muppets could make fun of! (Sorry Jane fans, but you gotta admit
that most of her movies are really stupid)

teresa dawn douglas

Apr 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/12/96
Ok, here's my list of who I would like to see Guest Star:
Tim Allan
Scott Hamilton
the group STOMP
Reba McIntire
Carol Burnett
Tim Conway
Whoopi Goldberg

If I think of more, I let you know :)

Reeses

amy perritano (perr...@matrix.newpaltz.edu) wrote:

: I would like to see the members of Rush guest-starring. Or at least Geddy

Matthew Jeremy Blevins

Apr 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/12/96
How about some Star Trek (Patrick Stewart, or Armin Shimerman as Quark)
or X-Files stars.
By the way, does anyone else love being able to watch Muppets Alive!
and X-Files right in a row? It's so sweet!!

--
This message has been brought to you by: Blevins:
The Lowest Common Denominator

teresa dawn douglas

Apr 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/12/96
teresa dawn douglas (tdd5...@news.tamu.edu) wrote:
: Ok, here's my list of who I would like to see Guest Star:

: Tim Allan
: Scott Hamilton
: the group STOMP
: Reba McIntire
: Carol Burnett
: Tim Conway
: Whoopi Goldberg

: If I think of more, I let you know :)

: Reeses

Ok, I thought of more...how about anybody and everybody from "Friends" (Including Marcel), and I would like to agree with whoever nominated Jane Seymour earlier. Jackie Chan would also be a riot...he and gonzo are perfect for each other!
Laters :)

Jessica Twitchell

Apr 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/12/96
In article <4kjgo2$1...@news.bu.edu> lim...@bu.edu (Ross Garmil) writes:

> Hey, wait a minute. How 'bout Adam West?

Wouldn't work. He's in Idaho doing bad stand-up comedy. No, I mean
really bad. But every now and then he does a guest interview for the
local radio station, and that's not too bad. I think someone else writes
his stuff then.

> Ross--who really likes Adam West, but realizes his limitations.

What...you think his acting skills are less than good? What on earth
would give you that idea?

Jezebell--who is being facetious, could you tell?
--

--I like you, I'll kill you last.

----------------
| I want to meet |
| interesting |
| and exotic |
| people and |
| kill them. |
| |
| -Matthew Modine|
| Full Metal |
| Jacket |
----------------

Andrea Beard

Apr 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/13/96
I'm glad to see this thread, since I made up a list of stars with
Muppet potential a couple of years ago. Pfeiffer and Crystal were
on it, and I should have thought of John Goodman. I guess we'll
have to see how many I've gotten right (my list is about 150 people
long).

By the way, I was a "regular" on this group last year and thanks to
a brand new computer, I'm baaaack! Feels good to be home among
fellow Muppephiles!

Andi Beard

nstn...@fox.nstn.ca

Apr 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/13/96
I'd love to see David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson on the show too!!
Think of the possibilities... other great co-hosts would be Jonathan
Taylor Thomas, Zachery Ty Bryan and Taran Noah Smith (whew!)... All
together! It would be great!

MaG-Pie

Apr 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/13/96
It's a shame Frank Zappa is no longer around to host the show. :(

--
...and through the wire,

Marc

http://www.enteract.com/~giolives

Bonnie Lynne

Apr 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/13/96
I'd love to see:
--The Indigo Girls
--Tea Leone (from The Naked Truth)
--Reba McEntyre
(she's been mentioned before)
--James Taylor
(was he on the Muppet Show?)
--Johnny Carson
(what the hey, pull him out of retirement!
He's got to be the best straight man out there.)

Bonnie Lynne

Bilbo

Apr 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/13/96
How about John Flansburg and John Linnell of They Might Be Giants? Their
music definitely fits in with the fun nature of the show.

Ross Garmil

Apr 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/15/96
Jessica Twitchell (jes...@cs.chalmers.se) wrote:

: In article <4kjgo2$1...@news.bu.edu> lim...@bu.edu (Ross Garmil) writes:

: > Hey, wait a minute. How 'bout Adam West?

: Wouldn't work. He's in Idaho doing bad stand-up comedy. No, I mean
: really bad. But every now and then he does a guest interview for the
: local radio station, and that's not too bad. I think someone else writes
: his stuff then.

He does a guest interview for a local radio station in Sweden? Not the
best marketing for a standup show in Idaho, wouldn't you say?

: > Ross--who really likes Adam West, but realizes his limitations.

: What...you think his acting skills are less than good? What on earth
: would give you that idea?

Oh, come on--as Batman he did what he was supposed to, and it typecast
him forever. Of course, a Muppets Tonight! based on Batman would be fun;
I haven't seen the Linda Carter episode for ages.

: Jezebell--who is being facetious, could you tell?
Well yeah, but still....

Ross

Flapjack

Apr 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/15/96
In article <4ksei3$7...@news.bu.edu>
lim...@bu.edu (Ross Garmil) writes:

We might have to settle for Dean Cain. Teri Hatcher would be nice,
though the people spreading those anorexia rumors have a certain point.
She's been looking rather gaunt lately. Anyway, as I recall, she can
sing, which is a plus. She's hosting SNL next week, which could be
either a plus or a minus.

flapjack-who probably wouldn't be able to see the episode anyway. . .

--
Flapjack, the Guilt Toad whose goatee has vanished!
"please remove alt.sex.fetish.diapers from your posting list. your

Jessica Twitchell

Apr 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/16/96
In article <4ksei3$7...@news.bu.edu> lim...@bu.edu (Ross Garmil) writes:

Jessica Twitchell (jes...@cs.chalmers.se) wrote:
: In article <4kjgo2$1...@news.bu.edu> lim...@bu.edu (Ross Garmil) writes:

: Wouldn't work. He's in Idaho doing bad stand-up comedy. No, I mean
: really bad. But every now and then he does a guest interview for the
: local radio station, and that's not too bad. I think someone else writes
: his stuff then.

He does a guest interview for a local radio station in Sweden? Not the
best marketing for a standup show in Idaho, wouldn't you say?

Nono, a local radio station in Idaho....nevermind, I think you knew
that. Hmph..

: > Ross--who really likes Adam West, but realizes his limitations.
: What...you think his acting skills are less than good? What on earth
: would give you that idea?

Oh, come on--as Batman he did what he was supposed to, and it typecast
him forever. Of course, a Muppets Tonight! based on Batman would be fun;
I haven't seen the Linda Carter episode for ages.

Actually, I have to agree with you. I think it would be pretty nifty.
Even though I haven't seen the show yet.

: Jezebell--who is being facetious, could you tell?
Well yeah, but still....

You couldn't tell? Pitiful...

Jezebell--who really seems to like using ellipsis points....

SamtheEgle

Apr 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/16/96
Actually, if you saw the last episode with Tony Bennett, they did feature
Dr. Bunson Honeydew and Beaker.

Brendan M Tuohy

Apr 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/16/96
In <4klu65$f...@news.tamu.edu> tdd5...@news.tamu.edu (teresa dawn

douglas) writes:

>Ok, here's my list of who I would like to see Guest Star:
>Tim Allan
>Scott Hamilton
>the group STOMP
>Reba McIntire
>Carol Burnett
>Tim Conway
>Whoopi Goldberg
>
>If I think of more, I let you know :)
>
>Reeses
>

>amy perritano (perr...@matrix.newpaltz.edu) wrote:
>

>: I would like to see the members of Rush guest-starring. Or at least
Geddy
>: Lee.
>
>: Seriously, I think it would be cool to have Richard Dean Anderson
(MacGyver)
>: or of course, Mulder and Scully.
>

>: Amy
>: :)

Good news Whoppi is coming

1.Brad Pitt (kinda a male Cindy)
2.Barney(picture it,hehe)
3.Keven Cosner
4.Chelsea Clinton
5.Tim Robbins
6.Morgan Freeman

Love,
Colleen

"Light the lamp,not the Rat!!!!'
-Rizzo AMCC

Amy Elizabeth Mcwilliams

Apr 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/17/96
trying not to copy other people's good ideas,...

Dave Letterman, Conan O'Brien, and/or Dennis Miller
Scott Thompson
STING
Harrison Ford (since I didn't get him on the original muppet show and had
to deal with Mark Hamill instead)
David Bowie

Also, has NICK stopped playing the original muppet show completely?!

:
: Patrick Stewart
: "Weird Al" Yankovic
: Joel Hodgson (from MST3K - he should be used to working with puppets!)
: Jim Carrey
: Robin Williams (both would probably upstage the Muppets, though)
: Bill Murray
: Leslie Nielson (even though he was already in that "Mr. Willowby" thing)
: David Duchovny and/or Gillian Anderson (we still haven't seen the
: "X-Flies" yet!)
: Matt Frewer
: Gilbert Gottfried (hey, I think he's funny!)
: Any big-time, dramatic actor: Jack Nicholson, Anthony Hopkins, etc.
:
:
: --Alex

--
Amy McWilliams / "I haven't got a problem.
aem...@tam2000.tamu.edu / I've got problems.

B. Thomas Fallin

Apr 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/17/96
Alright, be honest, how many of you yelled out "Oh my God after all
these years, Scooters long lost sister Skeeter has returned!!!!", when
you watched the new Elvis sketch on the Tony Bennet ep. (I know it
really wasn't her, but lets just make believe!!). Am I the only one
who thought of this?
-Artie

GeekGrrl13

Apr 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/17/96
UNNAMED MUPPET: <screaming> We've been invaded by alien Muppets! AHHHHH!

CROW & TOM: <hear this, and begin screaming>

MIKE: Uhm...guys, I think _we're_ the aliens.

TOM & CROW: Oh...<begin screaming again..Crow's eyes fall out>

Ah, what fun. Perhaps have a cameo by Frank Coniff (aka TV's Frank)?

Definitely! I enjoy puppets far more than humans (you can take your hand
out if they won't shut up) and these guys would do great work together.
Imagine... Tom and Crow booting Statler and waldorf out of their La-Z-Boys
and dressing Mike as a nurse.... heh heh heh. Or is that too deviant? I
never can tell... I'm still trying to regain my composure after Kermie's
Playboy interview.

GeekGrrl13

Apr 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/26/96

Definitely Duchovny and Anderson... I'd love to see him do a Mulder take
on some of the Muppets-- who really are pretty bizarre when you think
about it. Here's a good one.... Bunsen and the "friendly veterinarian" as
top-secret, corrupted government agents. Maybe Gillian Anderson could
discover that she, along with Animal, Mulch, Sweetums and other
semi-verbal Muppets, were abductees (THERE'S a flashback opportunity for
you!) Hey... maybe Scooter knew a LITTLE TOO MUCH, y'know what I'm sayin'?

Steggmutt

Apr 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/27/96

In article <4kpet1$2...@vixen.cso.uiuc.edu>, jra...@students.uiuc.edu
(Bilbo) writes:

>How about John Flansburg and John Linnell of They Might Be Giants? Their
>music definitely fits in with the fun nature of the show.

I'll give a second to that, but only if the rest of the band, the, er,
"new" members show up too...

That episode I wouldn't miss for the world...

Feathers

Bunicula

Apr 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/28/96

geekg...@aol.com (GeekGrrl13) wrote:

Tom Cruise! I'm sure Miss Piggy would love to do a scene with him!

Bunicula