Richard Hunt in MM

Tom Stone

Sep 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/19/96

OK, this may seem a bit far fetched, but here it goes:
You know howon various occations the puppeteers make a live performance in
the movies (Jerry Nelson in MTI)? Well, in the Muppet Movie, when Kermit
walks into the El Slezo and there's a waiter fella slapping down various
frog leg dishes, was it me, or did he kinda look like Richard Hunt? I know
there's some things about him that give me my doubts, but that's who he
reminds me of.
Stephanie

"There is always hope in a tear."

TNesi

Sep 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/19/96

I don't think so - but I do remember Richard Hunt was a Taxi Driver in
the opening scene of TGMC.

tED
--
Visit My Muppet Page!
http://members.aol.com/teddyn10/index.html

Visit My Peanuts Page!
http://members.aol.com/peanutstv/index.html

Visit My Lucille Ball Page!
http://members.aol.com/teddyn10/lucy/index.html

"I'm just your average, wholesome girl next door." - Michelle Pfeiffer
"Boy, I'm living in the wrong neighborhood!" - Clifford
--from "Muppets Tonight!" w/ Michelle Pfeiffer (Aired 3/8/96)

Wynn611

Sep 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/19/96

hmm.....i always think i see him in great muppet caper in the opening
song, driving a taxi......??

then again i could just be seeing things.....:>

julie

Beaker128

Sep 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/19/96

Nope. That wasn't Richard. But the guy who throws Fozzie behind the bar
is Frank Oz, and Richard Hunt does make a cameo as a cab driver in Great
Muppet Caper, as does Jim Henson in the Duboney Club and Jerry Nelson in
the park of the same movie. Those are all the Muppeteer cameos in the
movies that I know of.

-Dave Beukema

Daniel J Horn

Sep 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/19/96

Tom Stone (toms...@goodnet.com) wrote:
: OK, this may seem a bit far fetched, but here it goes:
: You know howon various occations the puppeteers make a live performance in
: the movies (Jerry Nelson in MTI)? Well, in the Muppet Movie, when Kermit
: walks into the El Slezo and there's a waiter fella slapping down various
: frog leg dishes, was it me, or did he kinda look like Richard Hunt? I know
: there's some things about him that give me my doubts, but that's who he
: reminds me of.

I don't think the waiter in the El Sleezo was Richard Hunt, but Hunt
does appear at the beginning of "The Great Muppet Caper," as an angry
taxi driver. Henson and Nelson make cameos in GMC, too.

-- Danny

Danny Horn X ho...@dolphin.upenn.edu
-------------------X---------------------------------------------------------
Editor, MuppetZine X A fanzine for Muppet and Henson fans: Write for info.

Melissa Yowhan

Sep 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/20/96

No, that's not Richard Hunt, but keep a close eye out for cameo
apperances by Frank Oz in a leather jacket, and a very young Steve
Whitmire!

T. Erik Browne

Sep 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/20/96

In article <51s9be$o...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>,

Jim Henson played the driver of the horse-drawn carriage in "The Muppets
Take Manhattan". He's never in a close shot, but his haircut and beard can
be recognized in the long shots.

And don't forget Jerry Nelson's wonderful performance as Squire Trelawny's
butler in "Muppet Treasure Island".

And if we want to get niggling, Brian Henson appeared onscreen in GMC. The
last scene of the "Couldn't We Ride" song has all the Muppets riding on
their bikes down a street in a park. There are a couple of tricycles out in
front of the Muppets, which are actually towing the Muppet bikes. Brian was
riding one of the tricycles.

T. Erik Browne | All operating systems suck.
tbr...@thuban.ac.hmc.edu | The sooner you learn this, the better.
tbr...@netcom.com | finger @netcom for pgp key
"I've had this dream, only without the cold cuts."

Kerry Robin

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

Melissa Yowhan wrote on 20 Sep 1996 02:08:11 GMT:

> No, that's not Richard Hunt, but keep a close eye out for cameo
> apperances by Frank Oz in a leather jacket, and a very young Steve
> Whitmire!

Um.... are you sure about Steve's appearance?

Melissa Yowhan

Sep 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/24/96

Couldn't be more positive! It's a fact! :)

S Whitmire

Sep 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/24/96

Richard and Jerry are seated inside the El Sleazo at the beginning of the
scene. I was standing behing Kermit and Fozzie during the beauty pageant
at the county fair (on crutches). Richard did drive a taxi in TGMC,
because he actually owned one in NYC.

Noah

Sep 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/24/96

VTW...@prodigy.com (S Whitmire) wrote:

> Richard and Jerry are seated inside the El Sleazo at
> the beginning of the scene.

Well I guess uh, that ends that argument.

(wow. what an understatement.)

NoaH

William R Sherman

Sep 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/25/96

In article <...>, VTW...@prodigy.com (S Whitmire) writes:
> Richard and Jerry are seated inside the El Sleazo at the beginning of the
> scene. I was standing behing Kermit and Fozzie during the beauty pageant
> at the county fair (on crutches). Richard did drive a taxi in TGMC,
> because he actually owned one in NYC.

So Steve, what second-jobs did the rest of ya-all do when there was
a lull in Muppet performances?

Bill

/************************************************************************/
/* Bill Sherman (wshe...@ncsa.uiuc.edu) */
/* National Center for Supercomputing Applications */
/* University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign */
/* */
/* "You want to do mankind a real service? Tell funnier jokes." */
/* Og */
/************************************************************************/

Kerry Robin

Sep 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/25/96

S Whitmire wrote on 24 Sep 1996 17:19:34 GMT:

Hey.... is this the REAL Steve Whitmire, or someone using is name to
pick up chicks?

<sorry, folks - inside joke>

> Richard and Jerry are seated inside the El Sleazo at the beginning of
> the scene. I was standing behing Kermit and Fozzie during the >
beauty pageant at the county fair (on crutches). Richard did drive > a
taxi in TGMC,
> because he actually owned one in NYC.

But by law, taxi drivers aren't allowed to speak audible English. Of
course, Richard did have a way with dialects....

Kerry
".....Taxi!...."

TNesi

Sep 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/25/96

S Whitmire wrote:

> Richard and Jerry are seated inside the El Sleazo at the beginning of the
> scene. I was standing behing Kermit and Fozzie during the beauty pageant
> at the county fair (on crutches). Richard did drive a taxi in TGMC,
> because he actually owned one in NYC.

Holy Moley! NO ONE KNEW ABOUT THE S. WHITMIRE ONE!!

Ted

Nancy Eilers-Hughes

Sep 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/25/96

TNesi wrote:

> S Whitmire wrote:
> >
> > Richard and Jerry are seated inside the El Sleazo at the beginning of the
> > scene. I was standing behing Kermit and Fozzie during the beauty pageant
> > at the county fair (on crutches). Richard did drive a taxi in TGMC,
> > because he actually owned one in NYC.
>
> Holy Moley! NO ONE KNEW ABOUT THE S. WHITMIRE ONE!!
>
> Ted

Are you calling my friend Melissa a "no one"?? She mentioned a couple of
days ago that Steve was in the county fair scene!

Nancy

Ross Garmil

Sep 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/27/96

William R Sherman (wshe...@ncsa.uiuc.edu) wrote:
: In article <...>, VTW...@prodigy.com (S Whitmire) writes:
: > Richard and Jerry are seated inside the El Sleazo at the beginning of the
: > scene. I was standing behing Kermit and Fozzie during the beauty pageant
: > at the county fair (on crutches). Richard did drive a taxi in TGMC,
: > because he actually owned one in NYC.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's one of the coolest things I've ever heard. I want to own a cab. A
big old yellow one. The question is, what would you do if someone just
walked in when you were stopped in traffic? What did he do?

Oh, and how come I never get to see these posts directly on the group?
They're always responded to by Bill or Kerry about a week before I read them.
Oh well.

: So Steve, what second-jobs did the rest of ya-all do when there was

: a lull in Muppet performances?

Depends who got the taxi, I suppose.

: Bill

Ross

John Wiltshire

Sep 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/29/96

>You know howon various occations the puppeteers make a >live
performance in the movies (Jerry Nelson in MTI)?

really?! have i missed something here?

Imzali
------

TNesi

Oct 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/1/96

Nancy Eilers-Hughes wrote:

> TNesi wrote:
> >
> > S Whitmire wrote:
> > >
> > > Richard and Jerry are seated inside the El Sleazo at the beginning of the
> > > scene. I was standing behing Kermit and Fozzie during the beauty pageant
> > > at the county fair (on crutches). Richard did drive a taxi in TGMC,
> > > because he actually owned one in NYC.
> >
> > Holy Moley! NO ONE KNEW ABOUT THE S. WHITMIRE ONE!!
> >
> > Ted
>
> Are you calling my friend Melissa a "no one"?? She mentioned a couple of
> days ago that Steve was in the county fair scene!

Heh, heh, well, Nancy, um, my, um STUPID NEWSREADER never recieved a
message about it.