[MiSTed] Heart of Darkness [3/3]

Jamas Enright

Jan 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/16/97

<SOL>
<Tom and Crow are in view.>

TOM: So, that circuit working out?

CROW: Never felt better, buddy boy.

TOM: You don't think it's making you... over the top?

<The lighting on the bridge goes dark, but Crow is lit up in a dark red
light>

CROW: Over the top? I don't go..OVER THE TOP!

TOM: Woah, Crow buddy, simmer down.

CROW: I AM NEVER OVER THE TOP! I AM ALWAYS IN COMPLETE CONTROL!

<Crow jumps on Tom, and they fall out of sight.>

<Mike walks back in, and the light sreturn to normal.>

MIKE: Hey, what's up?

<The 'bots rise, Tom puzzled, Crow confident.>

CROW: Just a friendly game of 'bot bump.

<Tom and Mike share looks.>

<Divers alarums>

ALL: WE GOT THE FANFIC SIGN!

[6..5..4..3..2..@..]

> Article 16 of alt.tv.due-south.creative:
> From: QuePasha <quep...@fyiowa.infi.net>
> Newsgroups: alt.tv.due-south.creative
> Subject: Heart of Darkness 5
> Date: Sun, 23 Jun 1996 18:29:56 -0400

TOM: You know, there's only so many riffs you can do on those headers.
MIKE: But we'll keep trying, right guys?
<No responce from the other two.>

> ***
>
> Victoria sat down beside the two drugged figures that lay in the bed.

CROW: Let's see. That'd be Mrs. Vecchio and her daughter. In bed
together. Saayy....
MIKE: Crow, don't go there.

> "So how are we all doing?" she asked them, not expecting a reply.

TOM: And was quite surprised by Mrs. Vecchio suddenly spouting
Shakespeare!

> She stared coldly at them for a few minutes, but only thinking about
> Ray. How Ray had taken Ben from her. "I was so close," she whispered
> to herself. "So close..."

CROW: Just another minute would have done...
<Mike thwaps Crow, who turns and bites Mike.>
MIKE: You just got yourself another Time Out.

> Sighing, she reached for the telephone and dialed. It rang twice before
> it was picked up. "Everything is set. Yes. At eleven as planned."
> Victoria slowly hung the phone up, knowing that tonight was the most
> crucial part of her plan. "Nothing will stand in my way this time" she
> said with deadly earnest.

MIKE: Well, now you can tell she'll be deafeted. Villains alwyas say
that before they lose.
TOM: Oh, now I'll never be in suspence.
MIKE: If you've been waiting until now, then you should have known better.

> ***
>
> Ben glanced uncomfortably over at Ray. "You just don't understand..."

CROW: The fractal nature of reality.

> "Don't understand! For crying out loud Fraser. I know you're obsessed
> with Victoria but I swear to god...if she hurts Franny or my Ma, I'll
> kill her. No one will stand in my way...not you, not god."

MIKE: Better recheck who you're calling obsessed, buddy.

> He paused
> to inhale.

<All make huge inhaling noises.>

> "I want the old Fraser to come back and help me but I can
> tell that is not going to happen. You've changed. I've changed. She
> hasn't. Why can't *you* understand it?"
>
> Ben had never been so disappointed with Ray. He decided that he had
> better leave now before he said something he'd regret so he turned on
> his heel and left the house without another word.

<All follow the run-on sentence to the right and fall off their seats.>

> ****
>
> Ben sat at his desk at the consulate and tried to concentrate on the
> mound of paper work in front of him but his mind kept wandering.

CROW: So he was his usual mindless self?

> Wandering back to Victoria and Ray and how he fit in between. Now that
> Victoria was back he felt whole again; at peace. Why couldn't Ray
> understand that and be happy for him? Just as he was about to return to
> his work his phone rang.

TOM: If the phone system ever went down, this fanfic would come to a
screeching halt.
<Pause.>
ALL: Ohpleaseohpleaseohplease.

CROW: Skin. Ewww.

> worries into
> nothing.
>
> "Would you like to meet for lunch?" she asked already knowing the
> answer.
>
> "I would love to," he said meaning every word, "how about the park?"

MIKE: Neat trick. I'd like to know how to make 'I would love to' mean
'every word'.

> "How about your apartment" came the quick reply with a smile in her
> voice.
>
> Ben smiled and said "I'll see you in 15 minutes."

TOM: I get my eyes put in then.

> ***
>
> Ray was quietly sitting across from Lt. Welsh, who was pondering what
> had just been said.

CROW: As he wasn't in the last scene, how did Walsh know anything was
said?

> <Am I doing the right thing?> Ray had asked himself
> over and over again. The sound of Welsh's voice brought his thoughts

MIKE: And resold them for a huge profit margin!

> back around.
>
> "Are you *sure* Victoria is back in town?"
>
> "Yes. I saw her with my own two eyes."

CROW: And someone else's three eyes.

> Welsh raised his eyebrows slightly as he asked, "And you didn't arrest
> her?"
>
> "I really thought Benny would do the right thing sir and turn her in. I
> was wrong and now my Ma and Franny are missing."

MIKE: That'll teach him to buck police procedure.

> Welsh gave a troubled sigh and leaned forward resting his elbows on his
> desk. "I'll put out a bulletin that she's in town but I'm afraid that's
> the best I can do for now."
>
> Ray's lips turned up in a bitter smile knowing Welsh spoke the truth but
> hating him anyway.

CROW: Oh, you hate him. I'm bitter.

> "Thanks," he said not trusting himself to say more.
> He got up to leave but was stopped by Welsh's voice.
>
> "I'm sorry Ray." was all he said and Ray knew that he meant every word.

MIKE: Again with the 'every word' remeaning!

> He nodded sadly and walked out of the office.
>
> ***
>
> Ben ran up the stairs to his apartment with wings on his feet.

TOM: Hey, suddenly he's Hermes.

> When he
> opened his apartment door she was standing there waiting for him. They
> didn't speak, there was nothing to say. They embraced gently at first
> , savoring the taste and smell and feel of the other but their passion
> could not be contained in gentleness. As they fell onto the bed the
> world faded away and there was nothing but their love and hunger for one
> another.

CROW: Unfortunately, their bodies had also faded away so their love and
hunger couldn't do anything.

> Hours later Victoria lay against Ben's side and watched his face as he
> slept.

TOM: Victoria's from Minbar!
CROW: Go on, cut off his-
MIKE: Crow!
CROW: Access to her family, I was going to say. Sheesh.

> She reached up and touched his cheek gently and softly got up
> from the bed and began gathering her scattered clothes from the floor.
> She got dressed as quietly as she could but when she turned around she
> found he was watching her with a contented smile on his face.

CROW: He doesn't get out much, does he?
MIKE: I'm thinking 'No ram chips for you,' buddy.

> She
> returned the smile and walked over to the bed and kissed him.
>
> "I have to go," she said as she picked up her bag, "but I'll see you
> tomorrow. I promise."
>
> "I'll look forward to it." He said smiling but his face turned serious
> as she reached the door. "I love you Victoria" he said wishing it was
> tomorrow already.
>
> "I love you too" she said and was gone.

TOM: Amoung her many other skills, Victoria also has the power of
teleportation.

> Victoria walked to her motel room and looked at the sleeping forms on
> the bed. Franny was still unconscious but Mrs. Vecchio was starting to
> come around. "Perfect timing" Victoria said as she check her watch.
> By the time she was awake it would be show time and what a show it would
> be.

MIKE: Barney the muscial?
ALL: NOOOO!

> Victoria smiled as she started to quickly pack up all of her things.
> Soon after she picked up the phone and dialed the number to Vecchio's
> cellphone. "Ello?" came a curt reply.
>
> "Detective Vecchio?"
>
> There was a short pause. "What do you want Victoria?" asked the weary
> voice.

TOM: Everyone she talks to has a weary voice.
CROW: We're weary of this fanfic.

> "Ben," she stated, hatred dripping from her voice. "And you took him
> from me and for that you are going to pay. Now if you ever want to see
> you mother and sister again you are to come directly to the old opera
> house on Hampton Ave. Do not try to get a hold of Ben and come alone."

TOM: So, don't come alone?
MIKE: No, Don't let Ben come alone.
CROW: But Ben already came.
MIKE: CROW!

> She hung up as someone knocked on the door. "Just in time," she
> muttered.
>
> ***
>
> Fraser loved her more than anything in the world so why was this so hard
> a decision.

TOM: The black pumps or the red? I just don't know.

> Earlier she had asked him to come with her to Europe. He
> knew she couldn't stay here but he didn't want to leave. And he
> couldn't bare the thought of losing her again. It was all so confusing.

CROW: He's been reading this fanfic.

> Sighing, he glanced around for Diefenbaker, who was nowhere to be seen.
> <He's still with Ray,> Fraser sadly realized. He knew he was driving
> Ray, Dief, and everyone else away, and that was killing him too.
>
> He got up to take a shower hoping the hot water would rinse away his
> problems when there was a knock on the door.

MIKE: Isn't that always the way? You immerse yourself in water, and
someone always calls.

> He got dressed quickly
> and answered it. He was mildly surprised to see Mr. Mustafi standing
> there. "Hello," said Mustafi "you have a phone call." He said
> pointing to his apartment. Ben muttered a quick thanks and jogged over
> to his apartment. He picked up the phone "Hello?"

TOM: Where was Ben, and who's apartment did he jog to?
CROW: Just shut up, and we might get through this alive.

> "Benny I need your help," came Ray's tense voice, "I realize we are
> not on the best of terms right know but this is an emergency. She has
> Ma and Franny." Ray took a deep breath and tried unsuccessfully to calm
> himself. "Go to the old opera house on Hampton Ave.

MIKE: On the corner of Babs Street, just off Buster Drive.

> I'll meet you
> there"
>
> "Ray, wait a minute! What is going on?" Ben asked feeling confused.
>
> "I don't have time to explain," he said quickly but his voice took on a
> pleading note as he said, "please Benny, if our friendship meant
> anything to you you'll meet me at the opera house" and with that Ray
> put down the phone.

CROW: Well, that's the last they'll ever see of each other.

> Benny stood frozen for a moment as he processed what Ray had said.
> Something terrible had happened to get him that worked up and the only
> way to find out what it was to meet him there. Ben also hadn't missed
> the fact that Ray had put their friendship in past tense. Ben ran to
> his apartment , barely stopping to pull on his boots, and ran to the
> opera house wondering along the way how his life had become such a mess.

MIKE: When you're being written by a fan, anything can happen.

> End of Part Five

TOM: Woohoo!
CROW: Only the rest of our lives to go.

> --
> *QuePasha*********************QP*********************QuePasha*
> ** Toodles! **
> ** Heather Alina Gillson...aka QuePasha **
> ** PGEB and D'MOB **
> ** My email address is quep...@fyiowa.infi.net **
> ** QuePasha's Due South Site! **

MIKE: In all fairness, there should be a Due North site.
CROW: How about Due East?
TOM: I prefer Due South-By-South-West.

> ** http://www.student.toplinks.com/hp/QuePasha/duesouth.htm **
> *QuePasha*********************QP*********************QuePasha*
>

> Article 17 of alt.tv.due-south.creative:
> From: QuePasha <quep...@fyiowa.infi.net>
> Newsgroups: alt.tv.due-south.creative
> Subject: Heart of Darkness 6

CROW: Why doesn't this person have anything better to do?

> Date: Sun, 23 Jun 1996 18:31:10 -0400

TOM: Host your own NNTP-Posting party!

> pa1dsp18.cid.infi.net
>
> ***
>
> "Take them inside" Victoria said to the broad shouldered who met her at

TOM: An adjective can't really take the place of a noun. Just like
saying "said to the big" or "said to the left-handed". It's
bad writing that fails on just so many levels.

> the abandoned opera house. She had hired him to kidnap Ray's family
> members. Abduction is such messy work,

CROW: But somebody had to do it.

> she thought with disgust , but
> it was necessary. After he had carried the women into to main hall she
> handed him a wad of bills and he left without a word.
>
> "Now we wait" she said to the bound and gagged figures in front of her.

CROW: Oh, she likes to prolong the pleasure, eh?

> "How about we make everyone a little more comfortable," she said as a
> wicked smile spread across her face. She pulled out a knife and cut the

TOM: Jugular veins. The End!

> cords that bound their feet. "Stand up," she ordered. Mrs. Vecchio
> quickly obeyed, sway slightly as she stood, but Francesca stubbornly
> refused to move. Victoria pulled out the gun that was stashed in her
> pocket and pointed it at Franny's head. "Stand up," she growled.
>
> Francesca stood, trying not to lose her balance.

CROW: And we're trying not to lose our lunch.

> A hand grabbed her
> arm to steady her, Victoria's hand. Francesca quickly regained her
> balance and Victoria let go. "Start walking. It is almost show time."

TOM: Dr Furter needs another few models yet.

> She directed them towards the stage, all
> the while thinking ahead, thinking of Benton. <I wonder what he is
> doing?> she asked herself.
>
> Moments later Victoria noticed a movement in the corner of her eye.

MIKE: Damn eye, stop that twitching!

> "Your late," she coldly stated.

TOM: His late what?

> Ray Vecchio slowly came out of the
> shadows, making sure she could see his hands. "Did you come alone?"
> she demand, knowing that he did.

TOM: Then why ask?

> He wouldn't risk the lives of his
> family.
>
> "You know I did," he calmly answered.

MIKE: D'oh!
TOM: Brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.

> Then he glanced over at his Ma
> and sister. "Ma...Franny. You okay?" They nodded, terrified. Ray
> drew his attention the beautiful woman who was dressed in black.
> "Victoria, let them go."
>
> "Why? You wouldn't let Ben go." There was a deadly seriousness in her
> voice that frightened Ray. "He was coming...coming with me

<All shudder.>
CROW: We know. We were there.

> and then you
> took him away. YOU TOOK HIM AWAY FROM ME!" she screamed. After taking
> a deep
> breath in she then started to speak in a whisper. "And now you are
> going to pay...and suffer for that mistake."

TOM: Then made a horrible gushing sound as the pent-up air rushed back
out.

> ***
>
> Fraser grasped a hold of the catwalk railing, not believing what he was
> seeing. <Ray was right,> he sadly thought. <And now I won't have
> either of them.> Ben closed his eyes and let the full impact of the
> situation hit him in face.

MIKE: What a man. Taking the situation right in the face.

> A tidal wave of
> emotion washed over him as his mind staggered to comprehend the fact
> that once again Victoria had deceived him. Ray's tight voice brought him
> back to reality.
>
> "You're crazy if you think you'll get away with this" Ray said knowing
> it was a lie.

CROW: More like "You're craxy if you think."

> Victoria would have planned for every contingency and he
> knew it.
>
> Victoria gave a short bitter laugh, "*CRAZY*!, You don't know what
> crazy is."

CROW: Crazy is being put in a stupid fanfic.

> She reached over and grabbed Franny by the arm and pulled
> her against her.

MIKE: Wow, double vision.

> Slowly and purposely she placed the nuzzle of the gun
> against Franny's neck. Franny let out a small whimper as she felt the
> gun but otherwise made no reaction. Victoria glared a Ray,

TOM: [singing] "A little ray of sunshine, a ray of sunshine, a little
ray of vitamin c."

> daring him
> to come and get his sister.
>
> When Ben saw this he could stay still no longer. He pulled himself
> across the catwalk willing his numb body to move as his mind whirled
> with plans and alternatives. He had to get Franny away from Victoria
> and Victoria away from Ray.

CROW: And that damn guitar away from Eric Clapton.

> He knew Ray would have no hesitation in
> killing Victoria and he didn't know if he could survive losing her
> again. He silently climbed down the metal stairs and walked towards
> them. He was almost there when his boot hit a screw and sent it
> skittering loudly across the stage.

MIKE: If I didn't know better, I'd say that the author planted that there.
CROW: What makes you think you know better?

> Victoria looked up startled to see
> Ben standing there and for a moment she loosened her grip on Franny.
> Franny took advantage of her momentary lapse and, using the spike heals
> of her shoes, stepped on Victoria's foot and broke free of her captor.

TOM: That's gonna leave a mark in the morning.

> Victoria was just about to go after her when she was tackled to the
> ground by Ray. She raised the hand that held the gun and hit him with
> all her strength in the face. It opened a gash and she felt his blood
> splatter on her face

CROW: It's one of *those* kinds of movies!
MIKE: It is not!

> but the blow did not phase him. He grabbed the
> hand that held the gun and twisted until he heard the bones crack.

TOM: Wrong hand, wrong hand!

> Then
> and only the did she drop the gun. He grabbed it swiftly and got to his
> feet. A wave of nausea swept over

CROW: The audience.

> him but his anger gave him the
> strength to stand. He raised the gun and pointed it at her chest. She
> sat on the floor with her broken hand held tightly to her

CROW: Mouth, drinking in the lovely fluid.
MIKE&TOM: Crow!

> stomach,
> knowing she was at his mercy.
>
> Ray felt a hand on his arm and a quiet but commanding voice say, "Put
> the gun down, Ray."

ALL: Put the dog down, Damien.

> Ray didn't move. The temptation to kill her was
> almost overwhelming.

ALL: Do it! Do it! Do it!

> <She's the one who deserves to suffer> he though bitterly, <She's the
> one who framed Ben for murder and then broke his heart. She's the one
> who kidnapped Ma and Franny and used then as pawns in her own little
> twisted game.>

TOM: She's the one that sawed the legs off the periodic table.

> "No" Ray whispered, his eyes never leaving her face.
>
> "Ray *please*" came Ben's pleading voice. The raw emotion in his tone
> cut though Ray's inner turmoil and he turned his head and looked at him
> as if seeing him for the first time.

TOM: Too...many...pronouns... Can...not...parse... Ray looking at Ben?
Ben looking at Ray? Ray looking at Ray??

> "Please" Ben repeated his eyes begging him to lower the gun.
>
> Victoria sat watching the exchange and waited for her opportunity. When
> she saw Ray turn his head she knew that was it. She reached into her
> pocket, pulling out the knife she had used to cut the ropes and leapt to
> her feet and lunging at Franny.

MIKE: Must remember for next time: Check the vicious killer for weapons!

> Ray and Ben saw her actions at the same time. Ben ran towards her
> trying simultaneously to place himself between Victoria and Franny and
> Victoria and Ray's gun.

MIKE: I had a problem like that in my High School physics paper.

> Ray looked at the four people in front him and
> seamed to see their reaction in slow motion. He felt years of police
> training take over his reflexes as his gun to aim and fired twice.

CROW: Franny and Ma will never bother me again!

> He
> watched as the knife fell from her hand and she looked down at her chest
> in mute horror before joining the knife on the floor.

TOM: To get down and boogie the night away.

> When Ben heard the shots he immediately knew what had happened but he
> refused to believe it. "NO! Victoria!" he screamed as he ran the rest
> of the way and kneeled down by her side. He desperately searched for
> any signs of life as he lifted her head and shoulders onto his lap. Her
> life blood poured onto his legs and hands but he did not seem to notice.

MIKE: Now that's gonna take a tough stain remover.

> Ray could only watch in shock. He had meant to shoot her in the leg....
> how did the bullets end up in her chest..?

CROW: BeCaUsE tHeY'rE cRaZy BuLlEtS.

> Ben looked up at Ray, "Call an ambulance!" he yelled frantically. Ray

CROW: Laughed at him mercilessly.

> nodded and sprinted out of the theater with Franny and Ma following
> close behind.

TOM: Quick, get out of the fanfic while there's stilll time!

> Ben placed his hands on her wounds but it did little to stop the torrent
> of blood. Her breathing was as shallow as her heartbeat and her skin
> was looking dangerously pale.

MIKE: Now remember, guys: if it's pale, then it's dangerous.

> For a moment her eyes flickered open and
> focused on his face. Her eyes spoke volumes to him;

TOM: Encyclopedia Brittanica, volumes 3 and 4, to be precise.

> I love you, I am
> sorry. "Ben..." she whispered before her mouth filled up with blood and
> choked off the rest of her words. Her body shuddered once,

CROW: Oh, Ben!
<Mike wacks Crow again, and gets bitten again.>
MIKE: I'm really gonna have to look you over after this.
CROW: You touch me and the girl dies.

> deeply
> before it went limp; she was gone.

CROW: See?

> Ben shook his head in denial. <She can't be dead> he thought. He
> called out her name over and over but there was no response. He felt a
> sob wrack his body and tears begin to fall but for once he was not
> ashamed by those tears.

TOM: Instead he was ashamed by that picture of him and Diefenbaker.

> He felt only profound loss and the greatest
> pain he had ever felt. He pulled her limp body to him and held her one
> last time letting his tears wash away any chance of a life together.

TOM: Uh, Ben, I think those bullets already finished off that chance.
MIKE: Give him a break, Tom. The guy's hurting.
CROW: So are we, Nelson.

> ***
>
> Ray couldn't bring himself to go back in there. He knew what he would
> see and he didn't want to see it. Feeling a warm hand on his shoulder,
> he turned, facing Franny. She was crying. As Ray pulled her close, he
> knew he had done the right thing.

CROW: Gunning down women always gave him that happy feeling.

> But why did it hurt so much? Fraser was the reason it hurt like hell.

TOM: Got a couple of sucker punches in during the fight, eh?

> "Will he ever be able to forgive me?" Ray whispered. Franny's embrace
> tightened as she hoarsely said,

CROW: Nayyyy.
MIKE: Wrong horse, Crow.

> "I don't know."
>
> As sirens filled the air, Ray knew he would have to go back inside the
> theater, to explain to the authorities what happened.

MIKE: Well, there was this clown, see, and this bucket of whitewash...

> End of Part 6
>
> --
> *QuePasha*********************QP*********************QuePasha*
> ** Toodles! **
> ** Heather Alina Gillson...aka QuePasha **

TOM: Heather Alina Gillson, shame on you.

> ** PGEB and D'MOB **
> ** My email address is quep...@fyiowa.infi.net **
> ** QuePasha's Due South Site! **
> ** http://www.student.toplinks.com/hp/QuePasha/duesouth.htm **
> *QuePasha*********************QP*********************QuePasha*
>

> Article 15 of alt.tv.due-south.creative:
> From: QuePasha <quep...@fyiowa.infi.net>
> Newsgroups: alt.tv.due-south.creative
> Subject: Heart of Darkness 7

CROW: Argh! What does it take to end this thing?

> Date: Sun, 23 Jun 1996 18:32:03 -0400

MIKE: Hey, line count's down.
CROW: So's the main villain.

> ***
>
> Fraser watched the scene before him. Ray and his family were in a
> corner, talking to Lt. Welsh. Should he go over to them? No. Ray
> would never forgive him. How could he? Fraser had let him down,
> jeopardizing their lives.

MIKE: And your answer for 20: Benton Fraser.

> <If I had of listened to Ray none of this would of happened...Victoria
> wouldn't be dead> he bitterly thought. <And now I have nothing. Not
> even my honor.>

TOM: [as Worf] A Klingon is nothing without his honour.

> He sighed. Tomorrow he had to meet with Thatcher

CROW: And hammer out a new American-British trade agreement.

> and
> it wasn't going to be pretty. He had aided a fugitive, and interfered
> with official acts. Most certainly he was going to lose his job.

CROW: We can hope.

> Benton's gaze fell on Ray again. Ray stared back, his face contoured
> with pain and anger. Shamefully, Fraser lowered his head and left with
> Diefenbaker following close behind.

MIKE: A dog and his boy.
CROW: Liked the story, hated the movie.

> ***
>
> Ray had returned Benny's stare. A stare that was full of hate, full of
> sorrow. <God, he must hate me> he thought as his anger towards Victoria
> grew.
>
> "I hope your happy now,"

TOM: Her happy what?

> he whispered, hoping that somehow, Victoria
> could hear him. "You've desstroyed him, taken away all that was good.

MIKE: Ah, you when you desstroy something, you take away all that was
good.

> All because of you..."
>
> ***
>
> Fraser laid in bed, clutching a pillow that still had Victoria's scent
> on it. Her scent was so vivid that he could almost feel her beside him.

CROW: That bording on necr-
<Mike grabs Crow's beak before he can finish.>

> A restless sleep finally overcame him. While he slept a figure
> entered the room and started to recite a poem in her beautiful voice,
> hoping f Fraser would hear he in his sleep.

TOM: Well, the author just went to pieces in that last sentence.

> Remember me when I am gone away,
> Gone far away into the silent land;
> When you can no more hold me by the hand,
> Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.
> Remember me when no more day by day
> You tell me of our future that you planned.
> Only remember me; you understand
> It will be late to counsel then or pray.
> Yet if you should forget me for a while
> And afterwards remember, do not grieve;
> For if the darkness and corruption leave
> A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
> Better by you should forget and smile
> Than that you should remember and be sad.
>
> Christina Rossetti
> (1830-1894)

<All wipe away a tear.>
MIKE: That was beautiful.
CROW: Yeah, 'cos the author didn't write it.
TOM: Oooh, cold, Crow.

> THE END

ALL: Du-du-du. Another one bites the dust.

> --
> *QuePasha*********************QP*********************QuePasha*
> ** Toodles! **

TOM: [British voice] Cherrio.
CROW: [same] Toodle pip.
MIKE: [same] Tata now.

> ** Heather Alina Gillson...aka QuePasha **
> ** PGEB and D'MOB **
> ** My email address is quep...@fyiowa.infi.net **
> ** QuePasha's Due South Site! **
> ** http://www.student.toplinks.com/hp/QuePasha/duesouth.htm **
> *QuePasha*********************QP*********************QuePasha*

TOM: And we're out of here...

[..@..2..3..4..5..6]

<Back in the main room on the SOL.>

MIKE: Crow, what was with you today? You were way off your normal self
in there.

CROW: Me? Why, I'm fine.

TOM: I think it's time we told him, buddy.

CROW: But you can't...

<The lighting on the bridge goes dark, but Tom is lit up in a dark red
light>

TOM: Can't I? CAN'T I? I CAN DO WHAT I LIKE! AM I NOT GOD!?

MIKE: Calm down, now, Tom.

CROW: You'll blow a gasket there, Servo.

TOM: I AM ALL POWERFUL! HAHAHAH! QUIVER, MORTALS! QUIVER BEFORE THE
SUPREME BEING!

CROW: Marrissa? Where?

TOM: AARRGGHH!! THE FLASHBACKS! THE FLASHBACKS!

<Tom falls out of sight, and the lights return to normal.>

MIKE: What was that all about?

CROW: Tom just wanted to tell you that I had the circuit board from an
evil specter inside me.

MIKE: Oh really? ... What?

CROW: Uh oh.

<Crow runs off, but trips over Tom. Mike jumps on him and rips the
circuit out. Tom and Mike stand back up.>

TOM: Mike, will Crow be all right?

MIKE: If we put a fresh board in.

<Pause.>

TOM: Well, I suppose we should.

MIKE: Okay.

<Pause. The MADS light flashes. Mike hits the button.>

<Deep 13>

DR F: Finally got rid of the golden one. Congratulations, I win!

<SOL>

<Mike is feverishly patching up Crow.>

MIKE: Never.

<Crow finally jerks, and is online again.>

CROW: Hey, where's that fanfic rubbish?

<Deep 13>

DR F: Well, I do have that sequal option.

<SOL>

ALL: NOO!

<Deep 13>

DR F: Just wait, boobies.

PEARL: [off screen] Claaayton! Come wash my feeet!

<Dr. F shudders>

DR F: Later, boobies.

<Looks disgusted, then pushes the button>

\ | /
\|/
---0---
/|\
/ | \

fwshhhh

Mystery Science Theater 3000 and its related characters and situations are
trademarks of and (c) 1994 by Best Brains, Inc. All rights reserved.

Use of copyrighted and trademarked material is for entertainment
purposes only; no infringement on the original copyrights or trademarks
held by Best Brains, Inc. is intended or should be inferred.

No personal attack on the authors intended, just on what they wrote.

Thanks also go to Jessica "Jaelle" Ihimaera-Smiler, who helped with
catching riffs to do with the Due South episode this fanfic was based on,
and also providing help and support.