MiSTed--Jammers (Pt. 1)

Omega

Nov 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/13/96

OK, this is now my first solo MiSTing. Having done one with a group,
I...well, I wanted to do another one with a group, but none of the
others could make it past the first page of the story. They tried, but
the quality of the writing--or rather, the utter lack of same--simply
overwhelmed them. In the end, I was the only one who survived to riff.
So be warned...this sub-Ratliffian piece of dreck is not for the
squeamish. (The original story, that is. My MiSTing is hopefully
good.)
And please, I implore you all, write and tell me what you think. Even
if you just write in to tell me you hated it, that's a piece of
feedback I wouldn't have. As it stands, I feel like we dropped
"2000-X" into a black hole. :)
And now, for better or worse..."Jammers"!

...theme music, la-la-la's, guitar twang, door sequence, and...

Tom: Ooh, and then we'll make Captain America the President!

Crow: Yeah! And when he needs to go on secret missions against Doctor
Doom--who's the ruler of the United European Technocracy--he wears the
suit so no-one will know who he is! Not even Vice-President Tony
Stark!

Mike: Hi, everybody, welcome to the Satellite of Love. I'm Mike
Nelson, and Tom Servo and Crow, here, are trying to cash in on comics'
latest trend. Right, guys?

Crow: Yep! See, the new hit trend in comics is to reinvent popular
comics characters in an alternate universe--deconstructing popular
mythos in an effort to make a quick buck!

Tom: Just kill off a few characters, resurrect a few more, make good
guys bad guys, add a despotic tyrant and a resistance movement, and
you're set! So, where were we?

Mike: You were explaining how Spider-Man had been kidnapped by the
Swedish government and turned into Spider-Woman.

Tom: OK, so--Hey!

[yellow light starts flashing on console]

Mike: We've got commercial sign, guys.

Crow: Don't think you can weasel your way out of this one, Mike.

[Mike taps yellow light.] We'll be right back.

["Here at Comedy Central, we don't do anything to get ratings."
Including keep worthwhile programming on the air, or show anything
new, or--Excuse us. We're planning another 24-hour 'Saturday Night
Live' marathon. Did we mention how crap NBC is?]

Mike: And the Hulk could have his own talk show; I mean, can't you see
it? "Hulk smash puny guests!"

Tom: Oh, puh-lease, Mike. The Hulk hasn't talked like that since issue
#327, when--

Crow: What about issue #376? What about Iron Man #1?

Tom: Pshaw. 'Heroes Reborn' doesn't count for--

Mike: Button it, fanbot, the Wonder Twins are calling. [Taps red
flashing light.]

Dr. F: Greetings, Spider-Twit! You and your Amazing Friends had better
just kneel down before my almighty Invention Exchange!

[Pan over to TV's Frank, who is lying in a hospital bed, complete with
IV's and an oxygen mask. Bellows are pumping, machines are beeping,
etc.]

Frank (voice slightly muffled by mask): How many times has this
happened to you? You've got a friend in an ICU that's costing you
money. You want to pull the plug, but it's too emotionally draining.
So--

Dr. F: You just use my new invention. [Giggles maniacally and rubs his
hands together, then claps twice. All the machines switch off.] The
Intensive Care Clapper!

[Cut back to SOL. Mike and the bots are gaping openly, with an
expression of stunned shock on their faces. Well, except for Tom,
who's got as much of an expression of stunned shock as you can have
with a transparent head.]

Crow (in low, Clint-Eastwood/Jack-Palance-esque tones): We'll just
pretend we never saw that.

[Mike shakes his head violently back and forth.] Well, now it's time
for our Invention Exchange--which won't be some sick, depraved
excursion into the darker reaches of the human spirit. [He holds up a
small box about the size of a cigarette lighter.] It's the TV Beeper!

Crow: Yeah, it tells you when something good is on TV, so you won't
have to waste time watching bad shows!

Mike: Now, how do you turn it on?

Tom: Um, Mike...it is on. It's been on for twenty minutes.

Mike: Oh.

[Cut back to Deep 13. Dr. Forrester is standing at the console, and in
the background, Frank is clutching violently at his oxygen mask.]

Dr. F: Gee, that's just thrilling. Well, Michael Moore, your little
slice of pain today is a tale of the Age of Apocalypse...but not
anywhere near as interesting. It's a worthless little piece of tripe
called "Jammers", and it makes Ratliff look like Shakespeare. Send
them the fanfic, Frank. [looks over at Frink, who is turning a rather
interesting shade of violet.] Oh, for-- [hits the button quickly
before running to the bed.]

Mike: Why doesn't he just clap again--[lights, buzzers, total chaos]
We've got FANFIC SIGN!

[All head for theater amidst much hullaballoo]

> This is my first attempt at Fan-Fiction

Tom: Oooh, that's a bad sign right off the bat.
Mike: Now, now, just because it's his first doesn't necessarily mean
it's bad.

> so bear with me. I wrote this in
> script form to make this easier to read enjoy....if it's possible

Crow: Nope...sorry, don't think it is.
Tom: Can we start worrying yet?

> - Prelate Syphon
>
> Note **command ** mean an action is being don

Mike: Rickles?
Crow: Knotts?
Tom: Adams?

> The Jammers in The Age of Apocalypse\Orgin of the Prelates

All (singing): This is the dawning of the Age of Apocalypse...Age of
Apocalypse...

> Cast: Syphon/Prelate-Syphon-Male Prelation 16

Tom: The story...is about the author. I think it's now officially time
to panic.

> Gothic/Prelate-McCone-Female Prelation 16
> Hott Jammer- Male Mutant 17

Crow: OK, who would actually be cruel enough to name their child
"Hott"?
Mike: Well, Mr. and Mrs. Jammer, obviously.

> Plasma Jammer-Male Mutant 16

Crow: "Hott" and "Plasma"? Boy, Mr. and Mrs. Jammer must have been
thinking some really sick thoughts when they named these kids.

> James Jammer-Male MetaMutant 18
> Plasmonica-Female Mutant 14

Mike: Hey, I learned how to play the plasmonica in sixth grade! But I
had to stop because it burnt my lips.

> Vortex-Male Mutant 15
> Gambit-Male Mutant 24
> Aftermath-Male OmniMutant 1,260,957

Crow: Bet he still needs to show ID in bars, though.
Mike: I think I have Gym class after math.

> Genenti-Male XenoMutant 1,9840
> Klaw-Male XenoMutant 1,209
> Kzan-Male XenoMutant 1,092

Mike: Great, it's the first story where the bad guys can qualify for
the 'senior citizen' discount at Hardee's.

> Dark Star-Male CloneMutant 3 but looks 16
> Moira Trask-Female Human 37
> Bolivar Trask-Male Human 37
> Dark Beast-Male Mutant 27
> Catalyst-? Prelation ?

Tom: Don't ask us, we don't know.

> Prelate-Richards-Male Prelation 23
> Prelate-Summers-Male Prelation 25

Crow: Gosh, I never realized "Prelate" was such a popular first name.
Tom: Yeah, it's a yuppie thing, like "Morgan" and "Ashley".

> Sentinal#1
> Sentinal#2

Crow: I heard Connery auditioned for the role of Sentinel #2.
Mike: Sean?
Crow: No, Neil.

> Guard#1-Male Human 20
> Guard#2-Male Human 20

Tom: As played by Robert DeNiro in an uncredited cameo!
Crow: Yeah, I heard he was paid a thousand dollars per second of
screen time.
Mike: But for DeNiro, that's 'scale'.

> Magneto-Male Mutant 40
> Angel-Male Mutant 23
> Karma-Female Mutant 21
> Apocalypse-Male Mutant ?

Tom: And playing the role of Apocalypse...Mick Jagger!

> Rogue-Female Mutant 22
> Sabretooth-Male Mutant 84
> Wildchild-Male Mutant 20
> Blink-Female Mutant 16
> Morph-Male Mutant 21
> Mikhail-Male Mutant 23
> Trish Tilby-Female Human 22
>

> February 1, 1995
>

> Int. Eurasia, Night in the AOA

Crow: Interior: Eurasia?
Tom: Yeah, you know...in the Age of Apocalypse, it got domed and
turned into a mini-mall.

> A team of teenage mutants known as the Jammers outside the Human High
> Council Building.

Tom: I guess we're supposed to take his word for it.

> Syphon: Uh? Jim what are we doin'' again Mon Ami?

Crow: Yeah, could you recap the plot for us?

> James Jammer: We tracked Aftermath and his desiples here
>
> Vortex: Thanks to me for my time travel and dimensional portals

Mike: Oh, yes, let's all bow down to the Almighty Vortex now...whoop
de doo.

> Plasma Jammer: Thank you Vortex,

Crow: Now shut up.

> Jim I guess we should split up

Tom: So as to be killed more readily.

> Hott Jammer: Okay here's the teams 1: Jim, Hott, Plasma 2: Plasmonica,
> Vortex
>
> And Since you two are from this reality 3: Gothic, Syphon
>
> Gothic: Sounds good to me 'cept Sy is from New Orleans over in North
> America
>
> Syphon: Hey Chere I been here before when my an' my uncle Remy

Tom: His uncle Remy?
Crow: Oh, this is a recipe for pain, guys.

> were here after my father died in da Louisiana cullings.
>
> Gothic: Oh, sorry (sarcastically)

Mike: Oh, yeah, I'm so sorry your father died, geez, didn't mean to
bother you or anything.

> Plasmonica: Who's where

All: Third base!

> James Jammer: Dark Star and Geneti are in North America

Crow: Well, that sure narrows it down.

> Syphon: We'll go dere Mon Ami
>
> James Jammer: (To Syphon) Be careful Dark Star is you 10x

Crow: 10x? What kind of name is that for a superhero?
Tom: Well, I didn't see him in the cast listings...

> Gothic Don't worry he's been in the Jammers since he was 13 and after
> 1,000
>
> battles is he dead?

Mike: No, we've been pulling his scrawny little butt out of problems
all this time, and we'll continue to do so now!

> Syphon: Yeah thanks Chere.
>
> James Jammer: Fine, next Klaw and Kzan are in Russia
>
> Vortex: We'll take it I know Russia's lay out pretty well

Crow: (Maxwell Smart voice): I know this country like the back of my
hand! Um...could someone please show me to the back of my hand?

> Hott Jammer: But this is a different reality no America, no safe zones,
>
> no, Pauly Shore Movies

Tom: No Pauly Shore movies? That's it; I'm moving there.

> .....Damn.

Tom: These people are depressed that this reality has no Pauly Shore.
Crow: Is it wrong to wish them dead?
Mike: Not in this case.

> Plasmonica: We know we know.

Mike: But do you know you know you know?

> James Jammer: Hott Jammer, Plasma Jammer and I will stay here and
> figure out
>
> where Aftermath is.

Tom: So the team leader gets to sit on his butt and try to work out
where his Gym class is.
Mike: No, it's Aftermath, the new sitcom starring Jamie Farr and Henry
Morgan!

> Syphon: Wait a minute 2 questions Mon Ami 1. How are we going to get
> there
>
> 2. How do you know dat

Crow: I'm not wearing any underwear?

> James Jammer: answers 1. We ask the Human High Council 2. Gene Tracker
>
> If I scan for you I get..2 readings you and a variant namely Dark Star
>
> Syphon: Uh okay Mon Ami
>
> Plasma Jammer: Okay My friends shall we go in?
>
> They walk in to the building

Tom: So, if they don't have the little **'s, does that mean they just
say, 'They walk in to the building'?

> Int. Building inside night

Crow: Interior Building, inside. Isn't that a little redundant?
Tom: And repetitive?
Mike: And just saying the same thing, over and over again?

> 2 guards confront them
>
> Guard#1: Halt!, What is your business with the council

Crow: Candygram!

> Syphon: Tell Moira, Julian LeBeau is here to see her
>
> Guard#2: first answer some questions 1. What are you

Mike: I'm Batman.

> 2.Who are you

Crow (in Karl Malden voice): When I travel interdimensionally,
frequently I'm not recognized by dim-witted security guards. That's
why I carry the American Express card. Don't leave home without it!

> 3. How do you Mrs. Trask?

Tom: Say, that's a bit personal, isn't it?

> James Jammer: 1. Mutants 2. The Jammers 3. Syphon is....
>
> Syphon: Old friends with Mrs. Trask

Crow: Oh, I'm sorry, you need to put your answer in the form of a
question. But don't worry, you'll get these lovely bullets, and a copy
of our home game.

> Guard#1: Proceed

Mike: And the Jammers manage to sneak past the intense scrutiny of the
security guards.

> Vortex: Buttheads (silently)
>
> Guard#2: Hey

Tom: Yes, and that was DeNiro's only line in the entire story.
Crow: But look at how well he delivered it! I mean...he _was_ Guard
#2.

> They enter the High Council Hall

Tom: I guess the little **'s must have just been optional.

> Int. High Council Hall night
>
> Moira Trask: Who are ye?
>
> Syphon: It's me Moira, Julian LeBeau.
>
> Moira Trask: I haven'ta seen ye in years how old are ye?
>
> Syphon: 16 nice ta ya Mon Ami
>
> Moira Trask: Yeah aren't ye Remy's boy
>
> Syphon: No, Mon Ami I Henri LeBeau's kid, Remy is my Uncle

Tom: I'm sorry, but I still refuse to accept that.

> Moira Trask: Now what Can I do ye for.
>
> James Jammer: I'm James Jammer leader of the Jammers, When my
> Jammers and I

Mike: Yes, and it's 4 'Jammers' in one line, a new record!

> Came here 3 years ago we found Julian in North America with a man named
>
> Magneto in what was left of Westchester, New York.
>
> Boliver Trask: Julian long time no see lad where ye been
>
> Syphon: Boli Mon Ami been long time, I've been in New Jersey for the last
>
> Years.
>
> Plasma Jammer: To cut to the point we need transport to Russia and
>
> North America could you help us out?

Mike: No, you little free-loading twits. Why don't you get a job, huh?

> Moira Trask: Okay We have sentinels going to the former US and to
>
> Russia for Supplies anyway.

All: Supplies!

> Syphon: Thanks Mon Ami I owe you one.
>
> Moira Trask: How bout if ye promise ta help Eurasia's Defenses?
>
> Hott Jammer: I can build a Fire wall it won't be much use But it will
>
> Help if your bombed.

Tom: Whoa, man, I'm, like, totally bombed right now.

> Bolivar Trask: Any thing will help.
>
> So the Three teams spit up Jim,Hott,Plasma stay to gather info

Tom: And Sir Robin went north, through the Dread Forest of Ewing.

> Gothic and Syphon left to find Remy LeBeau and kill Dark Star and Geneti
>
> Vortex and Plasmonica left for Russia to find Klaw and Kzan

Mike: Hi, I'm the narrator. No, I don't need little :'s to show where
I'm talking. I'm the narrator, and if you tick me off, I'll make your
character run head-first into a brick wall.

> Int. Sentinel inside lounge day

Crow: So, who else has come to the conclusion that this guy just saw
the word 'Int' on a script and thought it was how you introduced
scenes?
[Both of the others raise their hands]

> February 3, 1995
>
> Sentinal#1: Estimated time to arrival to Moscow, Russia 30 minutes
>
> Vortex: So Monica You sleep well

Tom: Yes, Monica's a truly expert sleeper. Very few have so thoroughly
mastered the art of sleeping...drooling into the pillow, kicking off
the covers...

> Plasmonica: yep got my 8 hours, Vortex.
>
> Vortex: Please, call me Mike

Mike: You know, I knew a Mike Vortex in college, once...

> Plasmonica: Okay.....Mike
>
> Vortex: Lets go see the computer files maybe we'll find somethin' useful

Tom: Like 'Descent'.

> Plasmonica: Okay. He he he (silently)
>
> After 30 minutes of Making out they land and get out

Crow: They had to land from necking? Now that is a make-out session.

> Int. Wasteland noon

Tom: Interior Wasteland?
Crow: Yep...they didn't just land, they got embedded six feet into the
ground.

> Kzan: Hello Jammers
>
> Vortex: crap... I didn't Expect to see you so soon

Tom: My punctuation and capitalization generator is still on the
fritz.

> Plasmonica: Yeah!
>
> Kzan: Well to tell the truth I'm here to stall you or kill you which
>
> ever comes first Gha ha ha.

Tom: I don't know about you guys, but I'm hoping for 'kill'.

> Vortex: Ah this is going to be easier then shaving the cat.
>
> Plasmonica: What!?

Mike: Our thoughts exactly, hon.

> Vortex: Don't worry girl I get rid of him easy

Crow: Say, isn't that Elvis over there?

> **Opens a vortex to the middle of the sun Kzan dies when he falls in**

Tom: Well, there's that intense, dramatic fight scene over. Whew! I am
just sweating!
Crow: Not as much as that guy is.

> Plasmonica: How can you do that?
>
> Vortex: with great pain!

Crow: Ah, so you're reading the story too!

> **Vortex faints and the sentinel puts him in it's med lab**
>
> Plasmonica: Oh just great I'm alone now

Crow (as Plasmonica): Yes! I finally got rid of that little jerk!

> She walks toward a bus abandoned

Mike (as Plasmonica): Time to get the hell _out_ of this story.

> Int. Bus inside

Tom: As opposed, for example, to the interior of the bus outside.

> Plasmonica: All right full tank'o'gas and the keys.

Tom: So who would abandon a bus with a full tank of gas and the keys
in the ignition?
Crow: The gods of Plot Contrivance.

> She drive toward Leningrad, (Leningrad was never renamed back to
>
> St. Petersburg for Communism didn't fall in 1991 for Apocalypse toke it
> over)

Mike: What was Apocalypse toking now?
Tom: Apocalypse...mutant conqueror and into high-grade weed.

> Plasmonica: He's probably in Leningrad he was born there a while back.

Crow: Last week, wasn't it?

> Klaw: glad ya found me girl now die

Tom: Um...no thanks?

> **He blows up the bus but she escape by jumping out the window**

Crow: This was a scene cut from 'Speed', wasn't it?

> Int. Wasteland late Afternoon
>
> Klaw: Come on try and kill me if you dare

Crow: I dare ya ta kill me! I double dog dare ya!

> Plasmonica: This going to hurt me a hellova lot more than you

Tom: Oh, no, it's hurting us more than you could possibly imagine...

> **Charges up A flaming green ball of plasma and throws it at him**
>
> Klaw: ow ow ow ow ow that hurt

Mike: Ow, ow, oowie, owie, oh, pain, with the stinging, and the
hurting, ouch!

> Plamonica: have fun?!

Crow: Oh, God, yes! Please...again with the plasma!

> Klaw: I'm taking you with me you....(groans)

Tom: I mean to say, You're taking you with me! No, wait, um, I'm
taking me with you, and you're--no, wait, I'll get it!

> **Klaw blows up, Plasmonic turn in to pure plasma and flashes in a light
>
> particle to the sentinel**

Mike: And another moment of dramatic tension is handled with all the
skill and delicate brilliance of language we've come to expect from
your average head-trauma victim.

> Sentinel#1: Is you mission complete Designate: Plasmonica?
>
> Plasmonica: yes we shall return now.

Mike: It's scary, but I think the Sentinel shows more depth of emotion
than she does.

> Sentinel#1: Affirmative.
>
> They cruise to The H.H.C.

Mike: I think we gotta cruise, too, guys. Come on...
[He picks up Tom and they all leave the theatre.]

[Door sequence, played in reverse, leads them out to the SOL
Bridge...but Crow isn't there.]

Mike: Hey, Tom, where's Crow? I thought that you and him were going to
do some more work on that comics thing.

Tom: I don't know, Mike. He said he was going to go into his room to
get the Storm/Magik limited series, and I haven't seen him--

[A loud thudding noise is heard on the outside of the ship.]

Mike: What the--? Cambot, give me Rocket Number Nine!

[The iris-shaped window opens up, revealing Crow floating in space. Of
course, we only see him from the waist up.]

Crow: Hey, guys!

Mike: Crow, what are you doing? You're supposed to be in here with us!

Crow: I am!

Tom: Huh?

Crow: The story we're reading today liberated my formerly
three-dimensional thinking. Inside, outside, it really doesn't matter
to me anymore! I'm wherever I choose to be...I am one with the
universe...I am Woman, Hear me Roar, and--

Mike: No, you are not! Now stop all this foolishness and come inside.

Crow: Oh, alright...be just a second, I have to work my way along the
ship to the airlock--and that's pretty hard to do with non-functional
hands.

Mike: I could put on the Manipulator arms, get you over there real
quick--

Crow: NO! I mean, um, no, that's perfectly alright, Mike, thanks, I'd
really rather not wind up a burnt-out cinder, crashing helplessly to
the Earth like a certain telescope you expressly forbade us to
mention...I'll make my own way there. [Starts going below the screen
as the iris closes again.]

Mike: Hmph. Bots. It's like my mom said about kids, Tom. You can't
live with 'em, and shallow graves in the backyard attract the
attention of the police.

Tom (edging away hastily): Well, gee, that's very interesting and all,
Mike, I'd love to stay and chat, but, um, I've got this, um, thing,
it's--

[lights, buzzers, sirens, total chaos begin]

Tom: IT'S FANFIC SIGN!

[all exit bridge amidst much hullaballoo]

More to come...

Omega, Mistie #--I AM NOT A NUMBER! I AM A FREE MAN!
"Who do you work for?"
"That would be telling."
--The Prisoner

FLGator_

Nov 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/14/96

> And please, I implore you all, write and tell me what you think. Even
> if you just write in to tell me you hated it, that's a piece of
> feedback I wouldn't have. As it stands, I feel like we dropped
> "2000-X" into a black hole. :)

I loved "2000-X"! Or rather the MSTing of it. I missed the last part,
please repost it!

--
Another Thoughtful Posting Lovingly Crafted By SteveO.

"The universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we CAN suppose." ‹ John Burton Sanderson Haldane
"This is truly a disturbing universe." ‹ Maggie Simpson

John Eckenrode

Nov 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/14/96

On Wed, 13 Nov 1996 08:58:47 -0600, Omega <seav...@maroon.tc.umn.edu>
wrote:

>OK, this is now my first solo MiSTing. Having done one with a group,
>I...well, I wanted to do another one with a group, but none of the
>others could make it past the first page of the story. They tried, but
>the quality of the writing--or rather, the utter lack of same--simply
>overwhelmed them. In the end, I was the only one who survived to riff.

I have never seen or heard of this movie, but, I have to say this was
pretty %^#@$ good! I liked the comics discussion segments, and
laughed out loud several times, and I have only read about 20% of it,
but I saved it to read later. I normally don't go for these homemade
MST'ings, but this was quite good (or at least the 20% I've read was).

Good work, Taco Beelzabub!

-Doc

John M Seavey

Nov 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/14/96

On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, Fever wrote:

> BEAUTIFUL! Do it again! Do it again! (With another fanfic, of course.
> :) This one is too good to duplicate...:)
>
> Fever

I called 'Jammers' a lot of things when I was MiSTing it...but you know,
'too good to duplicate' was never one of them. :)

Seriously, thanks...there will be more MiSTings, I promise. So long as
they're out there, turning out Star Trek/Highlander/Doctor Who/X-Files
crossovers, I'll be out there, running as far away from them as I humanly
can. :)

Omega
******
"Conquer the galaxy! Crush the lesser races! Unimaginable power,
unlimited rice pudding, etc, etc, etc..."
--Remembrance of the Daleks

Joseph Nebus

Nov 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/22/96

John M Seavey <seav...@maroon.tc.umn.edu> writes:

>Seriously, thanks...there will be more MiSTings, I promise. So long as
>they're out there, turning out Star Trek/Highlander/Doctor Who/X-Files
>crossovers, I'll be out there, running as far away from them as I humanly
>can.

I've received rumor of a web page featuring fanfic crossovers
of Ranma 1/2 with Star Trek, Dr. Who, Quantum Leap, Aliens, and just
about everything else imaginable. If it turns out to be true I may be
sending up a very loud distress signal.

Joseph Nebus

Chris Fischer

Nov 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/22/96

For lo!
Joseph Nebus <neb...@joeshaw.bevc.blacksburg.va.us> enscribed upon the firmament:
%John M Seavey <seav...@maroon.tc.umn.edu> writes:
%
%>Seriously, thanks...there will be more MiSTings, I promise. So long as
%>they're out there, turning out Star Trek/Highlander/Doctor Who/X-Files
%>crossovers, I'll be out there, running as far away from them as I humanly
%>can.
%
% I've received rumor of a web page featuring fanfic crossovers
%of Ranma 1/2 with Star Trek, Dr. Who, Quantum Leap, Aliens, and just
%about everything else imaginable. If it turns out to be true I may be
%sending up a very loud distress signal.
%
% Joseph Nebus

Be scared . . . be very ascared.

--
Chris Fischer - cfis...@elfie.bevc.blacksburg.va.us - cfis...@vt.edu
http://elfie.bevc.blacksburg.va.us/~cfischer/cfischer.html

Joseph Nebus

Nov 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/23/96

cfis...@elfie.bevc.blacksburg.va.us (Chris Fischer) writes:

>For lo!
>Joseph Nebus <neb...@joeshaw.bevc.blacksburg.va.us> enscribed upon the firmament:

>% I've received rumor of a web page featuring fanfic crossovers

>%of Ranma 1/2 with Star Trek, Dr. Who, Quantum Leap, Aliens, and just
>%about everything else imaginable. If it turns out to be true I may be
>%sending up a very loud distress signal.

> Be scared . . . be very ascared.

Okay, I can confirm the existence of this page, which is a guide
to an FTP site containing many, many Ranma fanfics; and that many of them
are alleged to be crossovers with: Quantum Leap; Predator; Bubblegum
Crisis; Robert Jordan's "Wheel Of Time" series; Star Trek: The
Next Generation, among others. I haven't yet figured out what format
has been .gzipped in these stories, though; if I ever do, you may well
hear an agonized scream from my direction.

Joseph Nebus
A choose-your-own-adventure? Well...that's kinda cool, actually...
hang on, what's this...a Ranma/Jeeves crossover?