MiSTing: Katira's Tale, part 10.

Amanda Van Rhyn

Oct 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/12/98
Finally! This is it...
Need I push the C&C again?

[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]

[SoL. Nothing much appears to be happening out of the ordinary. M&TB
are in their usual places.]

MIKE: Hi. For those of you who are just joining us now, we’ve managed
to get the Satellite to break away from Earth’s orbit. We’re now
orbiting an unidentified planet, hoping to contact the locals and
arrange political asylum of some sort.

[The Mad Light begins flashing.]

TOM: Um, Mike?

MIKE: Yeah?

TOM: The... the... gaack!

MIKE: <shocked> My God! The light! It can’t be...

[Mike hits the light. The Mads appear in the Widowmaker.]

PEARL: Yes, it *can* be! You can run, Nelsonite Express, but you
can’t hide from the Widowmaker! Convenient that you’re orbiting a
planet as it is... we’ll just conquer it and set up shop there!
Wahahahaha! Wait a sec... we’re getting some turbulence...

BOBO: Turbulence in space?

PEARL: Be quiet, apeboy. I gotta concentrate on the steering... AAAAH!

[Rocket #9. We can see the Widowmaker hurtling towards a remarkably
diminutive planet. It impacts with a large crash.]

[SoL]

CROW: Um, what just happened?

MIKE: I don’t know. Hello, Planetbound Dark Ones?

[The small planet. We can see the wreckage of the Widowmaker in the
background. The Mads are standing around, looking ticked-off.]

PEARL: Well, we made it to the planet, didn’t we, boys? And all
because APEBOY here had to ask me about quantum physics...

BOBO: <trying desperately to distract Pearl’s wrath> Why, look,
Lawgiver! Little children in exotic costumes! And they’re running
towards us!

[Indeed, we see small children in a wide variety of ethnic outfits
run into view. These are presumably played by various Best Brains
staffers.
The kids encircle the Mads and clasp hands, and they start swaying.]

BRAIN GUY: I have a bad feeling about this...

[The kids start singing...]

CHILDREN: <singing> It’s a world of laughter / a world of fun /
where a smile means friendship / to everyone!

PEARL: Oh, please dear God no!

CHILDREN: <singing> It’s a Smaaaaall Wooooorld After All! It’s a
Smaaaaaaaaal World After All!

[SoL. M&TB are laughing uproariously.]

CROW: Hehehehe... live by the Disney, suffer by the Disney!

[The credits roll. We can still hear the awful Disney music and the
bots laughing over the theme song.]

ASSORTED CREDIT-TYPE THINGS:

MiSTing - "Katira's Tale"

Original story by Erato

MiSTers -
Co-MiSTer (and author of host segments, formatter, and editor)
* Amanda Van Rhyn
Co-MiSTer (riffer, editorial adviser, moral support guru)
* Dennis Man

Mystery Science Theater 3000 created by Joel Hodgson

_Hercules_ created by a long-dead ancient Greek and associates;
1997 version by Disney.

All original characters in this story (c) Erato. This story MiSTed by
special agreement with the author. The author's original text has not
been altered in any way except for formatting; not a word has been
omitted or changed.

Amanda's Special Thanks:

- To everyone from Sci-Fi Club (especially Drew) for giving advice,
being there as the MiSTing grew, and on occasion making jokes good
enough for me to swipe intact. And for the USELESS THINGS! Woo!

- To the guys who wrote the First Amendment. Thanks, dudes.

- To J. R. R. Tolkien, for writing a fantasy world broad enough to
allow *way* too many inside-joke riffs about it. Oh, and
Terry Pratchett, for essentially the same reason.

- To Erato, for not killing me.

- And finally, to Austi - for the Beatdown Stick[tm], and so much more.

Dennis's Special Thanks:

- To my brother, for the sicker jokes.

- To Amanda, for the experience.

[Disclaimer: "Mystery Science Theater 3000" and all characters,
settings, situations, or anything else thereof are copyright
Best Brains Inc. All other copyrighted material (c) its particular
owner(s). All rights reserved. Please don't sue us; we can't afford it.
This MiSTing is written in the spirit of fun and fair riffing. No
offense meant to Erato or any other person involved with the story or
mentioned in the text and/or credits.
All characters, places, or situations mentioned in the MiSTing (and
presumably in the original text) are fictitious or used fictitiously.
Any similarity to reality is coincidental.
Do not read this MiSTing while operating heavy machinery.]

[Copyright Info Stuff: This MiSTing is (c) Amanda Van Rhyn and Dennis
Man, Fevered Little Minds Productions / Neutral&Chaotic Publishing,
1998. This MiSTing can be distributed freely, as long as it's
attributed to the authors, by knowledge/permission of the authors
(not usually a problem; just use the e-mail addresses in the Authors'
Note to contact us), and unmutilated. Meta-MiSTing is not mutilation
if you tell us first. And so ends this installment of Legal Stuff.]

> Intended to become same flesh, and sealed in love by Lachesis.
> Hmm. That must mean we were meant to be together! All this time, we
> were intended to fall in love forever.

To everyone who read this far... thanks a lot, and I'm sorry to post so
much stuff. :P