MST: The Movie !!!!!!!!

Hershaw Al-Barazi

Feb 21, 1994, 1:44:56 AM2/21/94
I just heard on Fidonet that there is giong to be
a MST3k movie! It is due to be finished in August and , unfortunately, will
justbe like any other episode. Can't wait! I have my doubts though...
--
Another treasured thought from... WISEMAN. (In San Francisco)
Proudly mail to:hal...@eis.calstate.edu

Diana Hamilton

Feb 21, 1994, 9:27:49 AM2/21/94
In article <2k9l98$k...@eis.calstate.edu>,

Hershaw Al-Barazi <hal...@eis.calstate.edu> wrote:
>a MST3k movie! It is due to be finished in August and , unfortunately, will
>justbe like any other episode. Can't wait! I have my doubts though...

"Unfortunately"? I think making one any *other* way would ruin things.

Diana

Mike Pearce

Feb 23, 1994, 3:31:15 PM2/23/94
hal...@eis.calstate.edu (Hershaw Al-Barazi) posted this

> I just heard on Fidonet that there is giong to be a MST3k movie! It is

> due to be finished in August and , unfortunately, will justbe like any
> other episode.

Sorry folks, but I have to reply to this one...

Hershaw, beyond the eight exclimation marks there is nothing new.
The Fidonet MST3K is a waste of time. I think they're waiting for
season five to end. I'll bet they don't know that season six exists.

Kinda plan for a 'thing' in Minneapolis in early September, say the weekend
after Labor Day...

--Mike
mike....@his.com

Marcelo Gomes

Feb 24, 1994, 10:56:00 PM2/24/94
In article <76206448...@clone.his.com> mike....@his.com (Mike Pearce) writes:

> hal...@eis.calstate.edu (Hershaw Al-Barazi) posted this
>
> > I just heard on Fidonet that there is giong to be a MST3k movie! It is
> > due to be finished in August and , unfortunately, will justbe like any
> > other episode.
>
>Sorry folks, but I have to reply to this one...
[snip]

Don't be sorry, Mike. I wish people would follow the group quietly
for a while before they posted questions/comments. Crazy idea: READ
THE FAQ.

over and out,
Pat Gomes

John Mechalas

Feb 24, 1994, 11:27:23 PM2/24/94
Hershaw Al-Barazi (hal...@eis.calstate.edu) wrote:
>I just heard on Fidonet that there is giong to be

[...]

Admitting you read anything on Fidonet is worse than posting from Delphi.

Cheers,
John

:) <-- smile-captioned for the humor-impaired

--
John Mechalas \ If you can read this, you are too close.
Project Gutenberg \ "Okay I love you, bye-bye!" --Mindy

Michael L Sensor

Feb 25, 1994, 11:26:04 PM2/25/94
Just a quickie here, I couldn't resist.

On 20 Feb 1994 22:44:56 -0800, Hershaw Al-Barazi (hal...@eis.calstate.edu) surmised:
+ I just heard on Fidonet

CROW Woof, woof! Good boy!

MIKE This is gonna be painful!!!!!!!!!!!

TOM Too many exclamation points, Mike. *You* used 11.

+ that there is giong to be

TOM And now, the Giong Show, with your host.... Chuck Berris!

+ a MST3k movie! It is due to be finished in August

CROW Yes, DEAR, I'm doing it, DEAR...

+ and , unfortunately, will
+ justbe like any other episode.

MIKE Do be a justbe, don't be a wannabe.

TOM Like there's something *wrong* about being like *our* experiments?

MIKE I dunno, I might have something to say about that.

+ Can't wait! I have my doubts though...i

CROW About this post.

+ --
+ Another treasured thought from... WISEMAN. (In San Francisco)

MIKE Ar, me hearties, here's another treasurrrrrrrrred thought from
the WIIIIIIIIIIIIISEMAN. Shiver me timbers and all that.

+ Proudly mail to:hal...@eis.calstate.edu

TOM Where can we proudly send flames to?

+ "If you don't give a damn, you're welcome to keep it."--T.C.S.

MIKE Thanks!

+ "I wanna decide who lives and who dies."

CROW De-ja-fricking-VU, man!

+ "Luke, join me or star in Corvette Summer..."--Mike, M.S.T.3k

MIKE Hey.... I remember saying that!

TOM Probably because he *quoted* you?

CROW Well, guys, there's only one thing we can say:

ALL [unison] RTFFAQ! Argh!

---
Michael Sensor |Support your local anarcho-capitalist. Eschew
Duquesne Looniversity |collectivism. Dilute! Dilute! OK! OK!
School of Law |"Stay pink, soft, and oily!"
Pittsburgh, PA | -- Crow T. Robot
"Once with heads held up high they sang up to the sky/
Why do their shadows bow in fear?" -- N. Peart
<sen...@next.duq.edu>---R--U--S--H---<sen...@wb3boi-gw.physics.duq.edu>k

Marcelo Gomes

Feb 25, 1994, 6:48:52 PM2/25/94
In article <2kjunb$9...@vixen.cso.uiuc.edu> jo...@jg.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>Hershaw Al-Barazi (hal...@eis.calstate.edu) wrote:
>>I just heard on Fidonet that there is giong to be
>
>[...]
>
>Admitting you read anything on Fidonet is worse than posting from Delphi.

Yeah, that's right, you tell'em John! Go get....Hey! I follow the Fidonet
discussion!

It's actually nice for a change of flavor, kind of like ST:TNG and DS9.
(My apologies for the geeky analogy, I think everyone will understand
my meaning, though). They have a tighter community there, and they can
be surprisingly organized. It was their halloween party that you saw
featured on last year's Thanksgiving marathon, for instance. However,
you won't get any "steam in space" threads there. ;)

I agree with you about the Delphi prob...ahem...issue.

FLYNN

Feb 26, 1994, 11:06:55 AM2/26/94
In article <2km2p4$n...@umd5.umd.edu>, ce...@oberon.umd.edu (Marcelo Gomes) writes:
>In article <2kjunb$9...@vixen.cso.uiuc.edu> jo...@jg.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
[...snip...]

>>Admitting you read anything on Fidonet is worse than posting from Delphi.
>>
>Yeah, that's right, you tell'em John! Go get....Hey! I follow the Fidonet
>discussion!
[...snip...] >They have a tighter community there, and they can

>be surprisingly organized. It was their halloween party that you saw
>featured on last year's Thanksgiving marathon, for instance.

Hate to split hairs on this one, but only one person from Fidonet was
in attendance at TV's MSTieWeen '93. It was primarily AOL and Prodigy
people, and a couple of us I'net-types!<G> (Shh...good thing you said
it before AOL got USENET access....... okay, just kidding!;)

FLYNN

Marcelo Gomes

Feb 26, 1994, 2:20:18 PM2/26/94
In article <CLuA3...@oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu> sis...@ouvaxa.cats.ohiou.edu writes:
[snip]

>Hate to split hairs on this one, but only one person from Fidonet was
>in attendance at TV's MSTieWeen '93. It was primarily AOL and Prodigy
>people, and a couple of us I'net-types!<G> (Shh...good thing you said
>it before AOL got USENET access....... okay, just kidding!;)

I got curious and checked with a couple of people. It turns out that
of the three FidoPeople I had in mind, two also have commercial accounts
(AOL, Prodigy, GEnie, I don't know). Oooops, mea culpa. I guess our
cyberworld is getting smaller.
Another thing, Flynn, don't apologize for splitting hairs, this is
the "steam in space" group, after all ;)

Marcelo Gomes

Feb 26, 1994, 2:28:22 PM2/26/94
In article <2kmj0s$i...@godot.cc.duq.edu> sen...@next.duq.edu (Michael L Sensor) writes:
>Just a quickie here, I couldn't resist.
>
>On 20 Feb 1994 22:44:56 -0800, Hershaw Al-Barazi (hal...@eis.calstate.edu) surmised:
>+ I just heard on Fidonet
>
>CROW Woof, woof! Good boy!

[snip]

Ouch! I guess this isn't "Be Kind To Newbies Week" here at a.t.m. ;)
Actually, he got on my nerves too, so I mailed the FAQ/lists to him.

FLYNN

Feb 26, 1994, 10:43:56 PM2/26/94
In article <2ko7di$8...@umd5.umd.edu>, ce...@oberon.umd.edu (Marcelo Gomes) writes:
>In article <CLuA3...@oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu> sis...@ouvaxa.cats.ohiou.edu writes:
>[snip]
> I got curious and checked with a couple of people. It turns out that
>of the three FidoPeople I had in mind, two also have commercial accounts
>(AOL, Prodigy, GEnie, I don't know). Oooops, mea culpa. I guess our
>cyberworld is getting smaller.
> Another thing, Flynn, don't apologize for splitting hairs, this is
>the "steam in space" group, after all ;)

Hey if you can recall who they were (Erhardt, Larry Trujillo, etc...)
e-me! Sure would be nice to find out where all of 'em have run off to!

>over and out,
>Pat Gomes

FLYNN/Moonkitten sis...@ouvaxa.cats.ohiou.edu
(A closet AOLer-turned-I'net-addict;)

FLYNN

Feb 26, 1994, 10:48:15 PM2/26/94
In article <2ko7sm$a...@umd5.umd.edu>, ce...@oberon.umd.edu (Marcelo Gomes) writes:
>In article <2kmj0s$i...@godot.cc.duq.edu> sen...@next.duq.edu (Michael L Sensor) writes:

>Ouch! I guess this isn't "Be Kind To Newbies Week" here at a.t.m. ;)
>Actually, he got on my nerves too, so I mailed the FAQ/lists to him.
>
>over and out,
>Pat Gomes

[Gypsy voice] "You're evil! EEEEEEEEEVIIIL!!!!!" ;)

FLYNN