MiSTing "Flight to Bespin" (5/6)

castel...@nd.edu

Jul 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/8/97

> "No other reason?" She could even hear the
>disappointment in
>
>her voice herself.

MIKE (Han): Well, Luke is kind of cute...

CROW: Mike, no!

> His fingers moved up to her neck, crunching against her
>neck vertebrae.

FORRESTER: Did he learn massage therapy by watching "Pod People"?

BOTS: (Make a crunching sound.)

> "Give me some time." His tone sounded like a
>promise.
>
>"I'm sure I can up with something."

ALL: Whoa-ho!

MIKE: I'm sure it's not what the author meant to say.

CROW: Doesn't matter. Han's gonna get some!

> His thumbs slid down her neck, following the curve so that
>he
>
>was massaging the bare skin of her shoulders, his hands pushing
>past
>
>the loose collar of the shirt. An involuntary shiver passed
>through her as
>
>his fingers moved tantalizingly down her shoulder
>blades, up over the top
>
>of her shoulders and ever so slightly across
>the top of her chest.

MIKE: Not since Rutger Hauer's performance in "Flesh and Blood" has there
been a scene
so ripe with sensuality.

> Leia cleared her throat.

TOM: (Hacking and spitting noise.)

> "So, is there anyone back on
>Corellia
>
>wondering why you haven't written, why you haven't
>called?"

CROW: A man who calls 1-800-COLLECT is a man who cares.

> "No." His answer was soft and unaggressive, but not
>detached
>
>as she would have expected from him when discussing
>his personal life.
>
> Her head lolled sideways as she arched her neck,

ALL: It's Jan in the Pan.

> her arms
>
>touching his knees, and she rested her hands on his knee caps as
>she

TOM: ...transmogrified into a raging hellbeast and devoured Han right
there.

>absorbed the strength he rubbed into her shoulders. Her
>fingertips
>
>brushed against the red piping on his trousers and she
>glanced down.

"This is a Corellian Bloodstripe, right?"

CROW: Is that a mixed drink, Mike?

MIKE: You got me.

> She'd heard of
>the
>
>infrequently awarded military decoration but had never met
>anyone who
>
>had won it. She had suspected for some time that this
>is what the red
>
>piping on his trousers signified but had never had
>any reason or excuse
>
>for asking him if it was.

FORRESTER: How about just idle conversation? You know, she's about as
warm as a night on Hoth.

> Han's hands continued their work. "Yeah." He'd moved
>closer
>
>to her and she felt his breath against the bare skin of her
>neck.

"You don't get one just for keeping your nose clean."

MIKE (Leia): So stop picking it.

> "No." His response was almost muffled as he softly kissed
>the
>
>nape of her neck.
>

> Leia initially bristled at the unfamiliar caress, but he kissed
>her
>
>neck again and her body tingled with an unknown pleasure.

CROW: Flossing?

>She closed
>
>her eyes in anticipation of another touch from his lips.
>His hands were still
>
>on her shoulders, lightly holding her steady,
>and he placed his open mouth
>
>further up her neck. A sensual
>pleasure stirred deep within her.

MIKE: You know what this scene needs? A little mood music. Hey, Magic
Voice?

MAGIC VOICE: Yes, Mike?

MIKE: How about a little romantic music.

MAGIC VOICE: No problem.

(All of a sudden, "Closer to God" starts to play.)

MIKE: No! Uh, Magic Voice? How about something a little, uh, softer.

MAGIC VOICE: Oh, okay.

("Strangers in the Night" fills the moive theater.)

MIKE: Much better.

> She felt him edge closer so that his thighs nearly gripped
>her,
>
>and he eased her shoulders back against his chest. His breath
>was hot
>
>and sweet against her ear and she squirmed with
>enjoyment.

MIKE: (Music still playing.) Nothing like a little mood music.

TOM: Yeah, good call Mike.

> "Do you want me," he whispered, "to stop?"

She slowly turned in his arms, found herself leaning against
>him,
>
>her hands flat on his chest. He was staring at her intensely.

CROW (Spartacus): I've never been with a woman before.

>She'd never
>
>felt like this before, never yearned to taste a man's
>lips against hers,

TOM: Tastes like chicken.

> to be
>
>held and caressed. It was as though he had
>awakened a part of her that
>
>had been buried away behind the guise
>of princess and senator.

FORRESTER: She's definitely not U.S. Congress material.

Tentatively at first, her hand traced the line of his freshly
>shaved
>
>jaw, the scar across his chin. He kissed her fingers as they
>brushed
>
>against his lips, and she shivered again with desire. He
>copied the
>
>:movement of her hand, his rough fingers warm around
>her oval face.
>
>He touched her lips, then leaned down and kissed
>her softly. She
>
>responded to the taste of his mouth and moved
>deeper into his embrace.

TOM: And now the image of the Millennium Falcon flying through a tunnel.

>His reaction to her eagerness was
>immediate. His tongue moved slickly
>
>into her mouth, and he
>rolled her onto her back as he turned onto his side
>
>and leant down
>over her, all the while his mouth locked against hers.

MIKE: There may not be a plot, but the romance scenes are pretty good.

TOM: Maybe this is Daniel Steele working in cognito.

> Leia
>
>was
>momentarily overwhelmed by his sudden movements, but his lips
>

>were back against her neck, her ear, obscuring any doubts she had.
>This
>
>was bliss,

FORRESTER: Choco-bliss.

> she thought dreamily as he nuzzled her ear.
>

> He ran a hand through her hair as the other cupped her
>breast
>
>through the shirt. Leia's back and neck arched with
>pleasure, and his
>
>tongue licked agonizingly slowly up the length of
>her throat.

CROW: Causing her to choke to death.

> She moaned
>
>softly. It was as if she was floating,
>almost as if her spirit had detached
>
>itself from her physical body
>and she was drifting through space and time.

MIKE: She's having an acid flashback.

TOM: Is that what love is?

FORRESTER: Yeah, is it? (Everyone looks at him.)

>She had never
>wanted anything so much as she wanted this now, not with
>
>any
>man ever. Not even with Luke.

(All of a sudden, the music that was playing screeches to a halt and
everyone jerks forward.)

MIKE: Tell me she did not say that.

> Luke.

MIKE: She did!

CROW (Leia): Han, can Luke get in on a little menage a trois with us.

TOM: Oh, evil Crow! Evil Crow!

> It hit her like a blow to the stomach. Something wasn't
>right.
>
>There was a terrible, foreboding presence that ebbed
>towards her.
>
>A dark blot in the pleasure she was experiencing.
>Yet she couldn't
>
>determine the source.

MIKE (Leia): Oh yeah, that's my conscience. Heh heh.

> Was it the situation, the
>future or Han?
>

> Han.

ALL: Choose Han! For the love of God.

> What in the stars was she doing? This wasn't the way she
>
>wanted it to be. Not her first time. Not with someone she didn't
>
>couldn't - love.

TOM: That does it. Cindy's been guessing the whole way through.

> Not with a smuggler. On his ship. In his bunk.
>How
>
>many women had he seduced and brought back to his cabin?
>How
>
>many women had he made love to in this bunk? Made love.
>But it wasn't
>
>love. It was just pure sex to someone like Solo. He
>didn't love her and
>
>she definitely did not love him. How could
>she love someone like him?

CROW: Talk about a mood swing.

>She'd wanted her first time to be
>special,

TOM: Well, I guess your brother would be something special.

MIKE: Bad call, Tom.

> to be with someone she loved in
>
>some romantic location.
>This way she would be just another conquest to
>
>him, another notch
>on his gun belt. And how could she possibly face him
>
>again if she
>continued? How could she face herself? How could she
>face
>Luke?

CROW: Please, don't say that name again.

> Luke.

CROW: AAAHHHH!

TOM (Yoda): Luke, your sister wishes to sleep with you she does.

> Something was wrong.

MIKE: And a distant spark of a conscience lit the darkness that was her
id.

> Leia opened her eyes as she realized that Han had pulled
>

>away from her. His eyes were downcast and he could not hide the
>

>disappointment etched across his face.
>

> "Don't worry, Leia," he said quietly as he removed his
>hands from her breast and hair. "We don't have to do anythin'
>you don't wanna do."

FORRESTER: I think you better be concerned with what she *wants* to do.

> Leia frowned. Had he read her thoughts? She propped
>herself
>
>up on her elbows as he sat upright, and realized how stiff
>and tense her
>
>body had become again. No, he'd read her body.

MIKE: She's a Heinlein novel.

> He swung his legs off the bunk and turned his back towards
>her.
>
>"I'll leave you alone," he said as he stood up. "I won't
>bother you again."
>

> The hurt in his voice hit her almost as hard as the
>foreboding
>
>presence she had felt earlier. Confused as to why she
>felt this way, Leia
>
>grabbed his wrist.

FORRESTER: And crushed it.

> "Don't leave, Han," she said. She didn't want to him go.
>A moment ago she had thought she wanted him to leave. But now
>he actually was.....why did he confuse her so much?

TOM: Because he's a chemistry professor, that's why!

> "Please.
>Just stay for a while longer."
>

> He glanced down at her. "Are you sure that's what you
>want?"
>

> The words left her mouth before she had time to analyze
>his question. "Yes."

CROW: It's not that complicated.

> Those damn hazel eyes stared deep into her again.

MIKE: Damn them, damn them to hell!

> Her
>hand
>
>moved down his wrist and took his palm in hers. The corner
>of his mouth
>
>twitched up into a half-smile as she drew him back
>onto the bunk. Still
>
>holding her hand, he sat down next to her and
>stretched his legs down the
>
>length of the bunk. Leia instinctively
>snuggled up to his warm body and
>
>he placed his arm around her
>shoulders. The bad feeling she'd before
>
>felt was gone. There
>was only herself and Han.

FORRESTER: Boy, romance with her is like a game of hot potato.

> "No takin' advantage of me now, Princess," he lamely
>joked.

Something was tickling Leia's nose.

CROW (panicked): Get these spiders off of me!

> She sleepily twitched
>her
>
>nose, drifted back to sleep. Then it tickled her again. She
>moved her
>
>hand up to rub at her face and felt warm skin beneath
>her fingers.

TOM: Well, we guess.

> She
>
>awoke with a start and raised her head slightly.
>

> In the darkness of the cabin, she realized that she had fallen
>

>asleep in Han's arms, her head resting against his chest. The last
>thing
>
>she remembered was

MIKE: ...standing over the body with the knife in her hand.

> that she had been talking to him -
>actually talking
>
>to him

FORRESTER: Huh, you've trained him well.

> - describing her life on Alderaan before she
>had become a senator.

CROW (dippy Leia): Well, I couldn't decide between a career in acting or
as an assistant to an orthopedic surgeon but this guy I know got me an
audition for a stand-in role in this Japanese film called "Karakatee" or
something like that and I know I'm not ready for my own feature film and
all but still... (He stops as he notices everyone glaring at him.)
Sorry.

>And as he had listened to her, he'd shown
>genuine interest in what she'd
>
>said.

FORRESTER (bored Han): Umm-hmm. Yeah, yeah. Very interesting. Zzzzzzz.

> Somewhere in there she'd
>obviously grown tired and had drifted off
>
>to sleep. Now she lay
>pressed up next to him, his arms around her, his
>
>head to one side as
>he softly snored.

TOM: No, no. The snorring you hear is from us.

> Leia absently rubbed his chest hairs between her fingers
>and laid
>
>her head down. The hairs on his chest tickled at her face
>again and she
>
>wriggled slightly in his arms.

MIKE: They're definitely not human hairs. They're more like, *insect.*

> The movement
>disturbed Han's sleeping
>
>pattern enough to rouse him. Leia
>quickly closed her eyes, and
>
>pretended to be asleep. Han gently
>stroked her hair, kissed the top of
>
>her head, then drifted back to
>sleep.

MIKE: Oh no! Chain yawn approaching. (He yawns. Then everyone else
does.)

CROW: Damn you, Nelson.