[MiSTied] The "Saturn Myth" and modern science I

Keith Williams

Oct 26, 1994, 8:28:17 AM10/26/94

Sorry, no invention exchange or titillating banter this time, just straight
into the pain.

Enjoy.

-K

--
"Maybe all I need / besides my pills / and surgery / is a new metaphor
for reality."

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[] Kurris (aka Keith Williams) will...@aix.wingra.com []
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

[ <>...1...2...3...4...5...6... ]

> From dtal...@netcom.com Fri Oct 14 14:09:10 EDT 1994
> Article: 11622 of alt.paranormal
> Newsgroups: talk.religion.newage,alt.alien.visitors,alt.astrology,
> alt.paranormal,alt.pagan

SERVO: A pagan and an alien walk into a bar...

> From: dtal...@netcom.com (Dave Talbott)
> Subject: The "Saturn Myth" and modern science I

CROW: Can't believe I ate the whole thing.

> Date: Sun, 9 Oct 1994 00:39:44 GMT
> alt.astrology:27224 alt.paranormal:11622 alt.pagan:64262
>

> The following will begin a series of posts offering an

MIKE: Inspired way to kill brain cells.

> introduction to
> what has been called the "Saturn Thesis,"

SERVO: By some, and a complete waste of time by others.
CROW: Namely us!

> using a question and answer
> format. Five successive posts will be included over the next five days.

CROW: We won't have to do them all, will we?
MIKE: I guess that depends on the mads.
CROW: [shuddering] I don't know if I can take this.

> To economize on the logistical requirements,

SERVO: I will rudimentize, and then compartmentalize the esphasmorial
temporal, gizmoffitalists.

> after the five initial posts

MIKE: You will be sufficiently comatose, that my minions will be able to
destroy you easily.

> the introduction will be continued only on the group talk.origins. If
> the ideas look interesting to you,

CROW: Get professional help...NOW!!!

> we hope to see you on talk.origins--a
> site of some interesting discussion--within the next few days.

SERVO: If you can't make it by then, don't bother showing up at all.

> WHY SHOULD WE CARE ABOUT MYTH?

CROW: When we have all this delicious *cheese*?

> I think there's a very good reason to care about myth, even though myth

SERVO: Doesn't care about you.
MIKE: Myth isn't a very loving person, is he?
SERVO: Sadly, no.

> as a whole may seem to speak a language too obscure for rational,
> feet-on-the-ground folk.

CROW: Which is why you need *me* to translate them for you. Hi, my name
is Dave Talbott, and I'll be your host for the next sixty minutes of
adventure!

> Myth is, I believe, a window to early human

SERVO: Psychosis.

> history, a more intensely dramatic period than we've realized.

MIKE: I was not aware of that.

> The myths
> have their roots in a time of celestial catastrophe,

CROW: The opening of Ghostbusters II.

> and more often than
> not the appearance of confusion results from viewing myth as something
> other than what it is.

SERVO: It's a myth, treat it as such and it will respect you. Treat it as
fact, and it'll bite your shins.

> In the course of cultural evolution and scientific advance, we left

CROW: Our mark on many'a tree.

> behind the fabled "long ago,"

MIKE: In a galaxy far, far away...

> whose images seemed wholly out of touch

SERVO: Reality.

> with our own world. Yet my personal conviction is that ancient myth,

CROW: Is my father. Dad! When are you coming home?!!?

> when seen as a symbolic record of earth-shaking events in the sky, will
>
> with our own world. Yet my personal conviction is that ancient myth,

CROW: Is my father. Dad! When are you coming home?!!?
SERVO: What the...?
MIKE: Deja'vu?

> when seen as a symbolic record of earth-shaking events in the sky, will
> permanently change man's view of his celestial environment.

MIKE: What just happened there?
SERVO: Must have been a time bounce.
MIKE: Weird.

> BUT YOUR CONCLUSIONS ARE NOT THOSE OF OTHERS WHO DEVOTED LIFETIMES TO THE
> STUDY OF MYTH.

CROW: What a bunch of losers *those* guys must be.

> HOW DOES YOUR APPROACH TO MYTH PRODUCE SUCH SURPRISING
> CONCLUSIONS?

SERVO: Well, I like to sneak up behind it and then goose it.

> For many years now--22 to be exact--I've been working to solve a puzzle.

CROW: *Damn* that Rubik's Cube!!

> Why do ancient chronicles of celestial gods and heroes tell such similar
> stories?

MIKE: Because copyright laws were much more lax back then?

> Though the names differ, the various biographies of the gods
> reveal more parallels than I had ever believed possible.

SERVO: Yeah, who would have thought that, cultures, absorbing other cultures,
would keep the basic premise any only change the names to reflect
their different languages?
MIKE: Now that wasn't nice Tom.
CROW: Yeah, Tom, you just shot a hole through the middle of his whole
thesis.
SERVO: Sorry.

> And the deeper
> I looked the more clear it became that ancient races around the world

CROW: Shared my fascination for polyester.

> recorded many identical experiences, even when they used different
> symbols to tell their stories.

SERVO: Not *everyone's* language is based on Arabic lettering, mister.

> Many common themes run through the folklore of diverse cultures. From

CROW: Aunt Whinny and the rogue stallion.
SERVO: To Typhoid Mary.
MIKE: To little Jackie Paper.

> ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia to the Americas, from India to China,
> Scandinavia, Africa, and the Pacific Islands,

SERVO: From east to west, north to south, DOS to Windows, OS/2 to Unix.

> one finds surprisingly
> similar accounts: celestial temples and cities, a lost paradise or
> "Garden of Eden," a cosmic mountain, a flaming serpent or dragon in the
>
> similar accounts: celestial temples and cities, a lost paradise or

ALL: Aaaahhhhhh!!!!
SERVO: It's happening again.
CROW: I feel all squishy inside.

> "Garden of Eden," a cosmic mountain, a flaming serpent or dragon in the

CROW: Is this going to happen throughout this entire post?
MIKE: I don't know, but I hope not.
SERVO: Do you think it might be intensional?
MIKE: How do you mean?
SERVO: Well, maybe the author is trying to create a mood of surrealism
through repetition.
MIKE: Ah, well, I think that might be stretching it a bit for this author.

> sky--and surprisingly similar stories of global calamity ranging from

CROW: The Cubs winning the World Series.

> wars of the gods, to a great flood or a devastating rain of fire and
> gravel.

SERVO: And I guess these things never happened, eh?
CROW: Yeah, when would it ever rain fire and gravel in the real world.
MIKE: Ignoring volcanoes, right?
CROW: Right.
MIKE: Well, then, almost never, I guess.
SERVO: The author is vindicated.

> If we'll look at these collective memories carefully, it will change our

CROW: Understanding of pudding.

> understanding of the past. Many of the myths concern planets, but the

MIKE: Real money is in merchandising.

> accounts make no sense to us in terms of the movement of these remote
> bodies today. Why did the planets, these little pinpricks of light,

SERVO: [as Jupiter] Hey! Who you callin' a "pinprick," little man?

> play
> such a powerful role in the mythical "age of the gods"?

CROW: All these questions and more will be answered in the next episode of
"Soap."

> Along with others working in this field, I've come to interpret the myths

SERVO: You mean this guy isn't alone?
MIKE: *That's* a scary thought.
CROW: Yeah, I always pictured him sitting alone in a basement, smoking.
With a naked 125 Watt bulb dangling from the ceiling, casting twisted
shadows on blood stained walls.
SERVO: Wow, that was more imagery than this entire post contains.
MIKE: [obviously impressed] Well done, Crow.
CROW: Thanks.

> and drawings and ritual practices from a new vantage point.

MIKE: Standing on my head!

> Here is
> the conclusion in a nutshell:

CROW: I am completely wack-o!!

> A few thousand years ago, the sky did not
> look anything like it looks today!

SERVO: How so?
CROW: Well, for starters, there was an ozone layer.

> Planets appeared as gigantic,
> sometimes terrifying bodies above the ancient stargazers.

MIKE: Wow, Dhalgren.
SERVO: This was caused by the incessant ingestion of various indigenous
plants.
CROW: Woo-hoo!! Co-caine!!!

> In periods of
> stability this involved incredible beauty, but there were also periods of
> mind-altering catastrophe--

MIKE: Like when "Full House" got renewed *again*.

> the most traumatic experiences in the history
> of man.

SERVO: Amen.

> WHAT IS YOUR EVIDENCE FOR THIS?

CROW: I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

> The primary evidence comes from ancient chronicles,

MIKE: Which were the short stories that the "Martian Chronicles" were based
on.

> submitted to
> extensive cross-referencing. By comparing accounts from around the

SERVO: Office.

> world, one can begin to reconstruct the way the sky looked in ancient
> times.

CROW: [as detective] Okay, ma'am, how would you describe the sky?
SERVO: Well, it was big, really big. And blue, definitely blue, but graying
at the temples.

> Is it possible that the myths and pictographs recorded, in a
> language unique to the starworshippers, large-scale events we've
> forgotten?

SERVO: [as Spicolli] No way, Mr. Hand. When was that?
MIKE: Tuesday.
SERVO: Were we on my time?

> By keeping that possibility firmly in mind,

CROW: And our common sense firmly in check.

> the researcher
> will begin to identify crucial themes of myth--

SERVO: Like Laura's Theme.

> themes found on every
> continent, but pointing to an alien sky.

CROW: Is he talking about McDonalds?
MIKE: I honestly don't know.

> As one begins to see the past differently, recent space age discoveries

MIKE: Like that pen that lets you write up-side-down.

> will take on a new significance. Our probes of other planets, such as

SERVO: That unfortunate incident with Venus last month.
CROW: Hey, she was askin' for it.

> the Mariner explorations of Mars, the Voyager missions to Jupiter and

MIKE: Joe Don Baker's Dairy Bar.

> Saturn, and more recently the Magellan mapping of Venus, have produced

CROW: Some *fascinating* braille etchings.

> many stunning images of the planets and their moons, together with
> undeniable evidence of large-scale catastrophe within the planetary
> system.

MIKE: Okay, that's enough about the Clinton administration.

> Taken as a whole, these stark profiles of our neighbors

SERVO: Indicate a post-modern influence.

> challenge traditional theories claiming slow and uneventful planetary
> system.

CROW: Move along, nothing t'see here.

> Taken as a whole, these stark profiles of our neighbors

SERVO: Indicate a post-modern influence.

> challenge traditional theories claiming slow and uneventful planetary

ALL: AAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

> evolution. Moreover, a new possibility arises from a reconsideration of
> the historical material:

MIKE: That we really *are* stuck in some kind of time vortex.
CROW: It's sapping my will to live!

> the possibility that at least some of the
> horrendous scars on our planetary neighbors resulted from

SERVO: Poor hygiene practices as teenagers.

> events
> witnessed by man not all that long ago.
>
> WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THE STATEMENT THAT THE PLANETS
> APPEARED AS "GIGANTIC" BODIES IN THE SKY?

CROW: I "mean" that "I" appeared "drunk" when I "said" that.

> At the core of the argument is the idea that

MIKE: *Nobody* shot J.R.

> several planets were once
> joined

SERVO: At the hip.

> in a spectacular gathering of planets,

CROW: Programs, get yer programs here! Can't tell the planets from the
moons without a program!
SERVO: Will you be attending the gathering, Mike?
MIKE: I think I have to wash my hair that night.

> together with gases and
> dust,

CROW: Phew! Did you get a whiff of that?!!?

> smaller moons and cosmic debris. For prehistoric man--who

SERVO: Liked to shop at Macy's during the Christmas season.
CROW: Prehistoric man was a masochist, eh?
MIKE: Must have been.

> witnessed all of this--the effect was a massive celestial display in the
> northern sky.

MIKE: Also known as Aurora Borealis.

> I've called this celestial assembly "the polar

CROW: Bears on Parade.

> configuration" because in its stable phases it was centered on the north
> celestial pole.

SERVO: In its unstable phases it tended to wander around the neighbourhood
muttering to itself.

> In the beginning,

MIKE: There was pinochle.

> the primary form was the planet
> Saturn, stationary but immense in the sky.

CROW: [as Saturn] Hi, I'm Saturn, and I'll be immense, but stationary, in
your sky tonight.
MIKE & SERVO: Hi, Saturn!

> Numerous lines of evidence

SERVO: Fall prey to my twisted logic.

> suggest that Saturn once towered over man and inspired the most dramatic
> leaps in human imagination the world has ever known.

CROW: [as Saturn] FEE, FI, FO, FUM, I SMELL THE BLOOD OF AN ENGLISHMAN!!

> Our work puts a new emphasis on the unusual celestial events reflected in

MIKE: The eyes of a deer, caught in our passing headlights.

> the myths. When you first dive into world mythology,

CROW: Wear a suit, since the water's very cold.

> all of your prior
> training will tell you to dismiss the myth-makers as fabricators or
> victims of hallucination.

CROW: Cool, man, do it again.
SERVO: No way, man, ya' gotta take it sloooow the first time.
CROW: Ahh, come on, man, I can take it.
SERVO: Okay, man, it's *your* head.

> But there's another way to see the myths.

MIKE: Now playing, at a theatre near you.

> Ancient man experienced extraordinary events,

CROW: Thanks to the ready availability of numerous psychoactive drugs.

> then strove to remember and
> to reenact them in every way possible.

SERVO: It became an obsession, really.

> The result was not only a global
> mythology, but entirely new

ALL: CAR!!

> forms of human expression. And the whole

MIKE: Thing is just a load of crap. Sorry, folks! Enjoy your parting
gifts.

> range of expressions--sacrifices to the gods, wars of conquest,
> monumental construction, pictographic representations,

CROW: Roseanne in syndication.
MIKE: The Power Rangers in prime time.
ALL: NOT THAT!!!

> and endless
> celebrations of the lost age of the gods--

SERVO: [as cop] Now, where did you last see this "age of gods."
MIKE: Well, I had it with me when I was taking a shower.

> left us a massive reservoir of
> evidence.

CROW: Unfortunately, someone left the lid ajar, so it all spoiled.

> These highly novel expressions are,

SERVO: Complete and utter fabrication!! Heh, I made it all up!!

> in fact, the
> distinguishing characteristics of the first civilizations.

CROW: Were moles in the most unsightly of places.

> BUT WHY SHOULD WE BELIEVE THE SKY HAS CHANGED SO DRASTICALLY?

SERVO: You don't have to believe *me*, but the guy holding the gun would
be *very* upset if you disagree with him.

> The best I can ask for is a willingness to consider an argument.

CROW: Is that the *best* you can do?
MIKE: [sobbing] I tried.
CROW: And it just wasn't good enough, was it?

> I could
> show you,

SERVO: Hey, hey, calm down. None of us want to see *that*!

> for example, that certain celestial images preoccupied ancient
> man to the point of an obsession.

CROW: Like, "how can I get my very own Elvis painting on black velvet?"

> A great cosmic wheel in the sky.

ALL: THE WHEEL OF FORTUNE!!

> The
> pyramid of the sun. The eye of heaven.

CROW: I *see* you.
MIKE: I'm not touching you.
CROW: I *see* you.
MIKE: I'm not touching you. Does this bother you?
CROW: I *see*...
SERVO: We get it.

> Also the ship of heaven, a

CROW: 747 with racing stripes!

> spiraling serpent, the raging goddess,

MIKE: It's that time of the month.

> and four luminous "winds" of the

CROW: Phew! Who let that one go?

> sky. The problem for conventional perspectives is that these images are

SERVO: Only on Beta.

> far, far removed from anything we see in the heavens today. But that is

CROW: Okay, since nobody really cares, anyway.

> only the beginning of the theoretical challenge. As soon as you realize

MIKE: That you've lost your mind completely.

> that far-flung cultures, though employing different symbols, tell a
> unified story, all of the previous "explanations" of myth collapse.

SERVO: Like "a" house "of" cards.

> Of course the point will not be proven in a few sentences,

CROW: Or in a few *thousand* sentences, as we've already seen.

> and not in a
> few pages. But the more you learn on this subject, the more compelling
> the collective memory becomes.

SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: [hypnotized] A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
SERVO: Not that deeply.
CROW: A new car?

> SO YOU ARE CHALLENGING THE IDEA THAT THINGS HAVE

MIKE: A mind of their own.

> NOT REALLY CHANGED THAT MUCH WITHIN THE SOLAR
> SYSTEM.
>
> Yes, we

SERVO: And by "we," I mean "me," only more so.

> are challenging an intellectual system as a whole.

CROW: I'll take the whole system with me, if I have to! Just *try* me!!

> What is at
> stake here are the pillars of the modern world view.

MIKE: Good thing Sampson got that trim.

> How could it be
> that the sky has completely changed in a few thousand years?

SERVO: Thanks to Miracle Shine 2000 and its space-aged polymer formula!!

> Our
> textbooks do not talk about such a thing.

MIKE: The printed word is like that, sometimes.
CROW: Mute, you might say.
MIKE: I might at that.

> When instructing us on the
> history of the solar system,

SERVO: People tend to leave out the story of the littlest planet.

> the evolution of our planet, the birth of
> man, the origins of civilization, no one speaks of an unstable solar
> system, of interplanetary upheaval, or of wholesale changes in the
> celestial order.

CROW: No, that would just make people worry.

> When the popular astronomer Carl Sagan presented his impressive

SERVO: Inflection on the word "billions."

> exposition on the nature of things, called Cosmos, he didn't ask if we

CROW: Wanted to know, he just went ahead and did it. What a pushy
scientist!

> may have misunderstood our past. Rather, Sagan's expressed view--

MIKE: Tastes just like chicken.

> the
> official view of science for many years--fits comfortably within the
> textbooks on astronomy,

CROW: Right there next to the picture of Galileo.

> geology, biology, anthropology, and ancient
> history.
>
> When we launched the U.S. Space program in the late 50s,

SERVO: And by "we," I mean people other than myself.

> then devoted
> billions of dollars to exploring neighboring planets, no one thought to

CROW: Ask if *I* might like to go.

> ask if the planets might have followed different courses in earlier
> times, whether recent disturbances of the planetary system might have

SERVO: Oh, give it a rest!! The planets did *not* parade around in skimpy
underwear to the delight and wonderment of ancient man! They
just didn't!
MIKE: Thank you, Tom.
SERVO: No problem.

> left their tell-tale marks on these remote bodies. So when our cameras

CROW: Turned to the mysterious place we call Burbank.

> and measuring devices reached the planets Mars and Venus, and the Voyager
> probes provided spectacular glimpses of Jupiter and Saturn--well, we were
> left with a hundred enigmas and unanswered questions.

CROW: We were?
MIKE: We sure were.
CROW: Like what?
MIKE: You wouldn't understand.

> And yes, there's a certain irony to this.

SERVO: Sweet, sweet irony, how bitter is thy kiss.

> The prevailing view of myth
> proclaims that, through science, man escaped the bonds of superstition

CROW: When he actually had a key hidden in his shorts all the time.

> and make believe. But now, in the twentieth century--the age of science
> and reason--

SERVO: Also known as the age of Ben and Jerry's.

> there is every reason to believe that myth and symbol will
> provide the lost key to the past, the key to a new understanding of the
> solar system, of planet Earth, and of man himself.

CROW: Whoa. Deep.
SERVO: But don't forget. This guy's a ninny.
CROW: Oh, right, he almost had me going there for a second.

> HOW DO YOU DISTINGUISH THESE IDEAS ABOUT "PLANETARY"
> MYTH FROM THE IDEAS OF OTHER RESEARCHERS SUCH AS
> JOSEPH CAMPBELL, CARL JUNG AND MIRCEA ELIADE?

MIKE: I sprinkle them with gladness.

> Each of these impressive scholars came to

CROW: An unfortunate end when they called me a lunatic!

> discern certain unified layers
> of myth, layers our traditional cynicism about myth never anticipated.

SERVO: I just hate when a layer of cynicism fails to anticipate where a
myth is leading it.

> Perhaps the greatest contribution of these pioneers is their

MIKE: Curly fries.

> acknowledgment that the common view--seeing myth as random
> absurdity--will not suffice to explain the subject.

CROW: But that's how they explain the Three Stooges, isn't it?

> I think the late Joseph Campbell has done the most to awaken popular
> interest in myth, and he is one of my own favorites too.

MIKE: I like to dress him up and introduce him to Barbi.

> Following a
> comparative approach, Campbell brought to light quite a number of global
> themes.

CROW: Like Global Warming?
SERVO: And Global Thermonuclear War?

> He noted, for example, the myths of the central sun, the world

CROW: Seen it.

> mountain, the flowering of creation through sacrifice, the birth of the

MIKE: Done it.

> hero, the terrible goddess, and so on.

SERVO: Doin' it this weekend.

> Any one of these themes,

CROW: Is enough to bore you to death.

> when explored in its full context, could open
> the door to incredible discovery.

SERVO: Or the loony bin, if you choose door number three.

> But Campbell, like so many others,

MIKE: Liked booze a little too much.

> stopped short of asking the most important question of all:

ALL: WHY ARE WE STILL READING THIS?!!?

> if the
> celestial references of the myths are absent today, is it possible that
> they were present in a former time?

SERVO: Nope, not a chance. Couldn't happen. Next question.

> WHAT IS THE REAL MESSAGE OF MYTH, IN YOUR VIEW?

MIKE: It is a message of racial harmony and singing and holding midnight
vigils and...
SERVO: Uh, Mike, that's a Coke commercial.
MIKE: Oh, sorry.

> The mythmakers are telling us

CROW: To go make our own myths!

> we've forgotten the very thing they
> regarded as most vital--

MIKE: Jelly beans.

> in fact, the source of all meaning to the first
> starworshippers. We've forgotten the age of the gods. We've assumed

SERVO: That it was all a bunch of poppy-cock.

> that as long as man has journeyed on our planet the world looked and
> behaved almost exactly as it does today. And that is the fundamental
> error of modern perception.

CROW: Well, there *was* that time when they thought the world was flat.
SERVO: According to this guy, the world probably *was* flat. It probably
only became round around 800 B.C.
MIKE: Oh, around the time of the first explorations?
SERVO: Right, until then, the world was flat.
CROW: So, you mean, before investigation.
SERVO: Ding, ding! We have a winner.

> The answer to that error is to re-envision the past.

CROW: I think he meant "re-invent" there.
MIKE: Or "revision."
SERVO: Yeah, history v2.0.

> With the help of the
> ancient chroniclers,

MIKE: And my Pocket Fisherman.

> its time to bring the forgotten dramas--both the
> beauty, and the nightmare scenarios--into the light of day.

ALL: CLOSE THE DOOR!!

CROW: Hey, that was the the most coherent thing in this entire post.
SERVO: It was probably an accident.

> The Saturn thesis and many other areas of research growing out of the
> pioneering work of Immanuel Velikovsky,

SERVO: Including dream interpretation.
MIKE: And phrenology.
CROW: And the disposal of misbegotten gains.

> will be the subject of an
> international symposium, "Velikovsky, Ancient Myth, and Modern Science,"
> November 25-27, in Portland, Oregon.
>
> For information contact e...@pi.eai.com

SERVO: I think it's safe to say that, if you want more information, you
should check yourself into a hospital as soon as possible.

> Copyright 1994, David Talbott

CROW: Like anyone else would take credit for it.
SERVO: Let's go.

[ ...6...5...4...3...2...1...<> ]

CROW: How many of these articles *are* there?
MIKE: Five, I think.
CROW: And this was the second, right?
MIKE: Well, the second for us, but the first in the series.
SERVO: Right, our first was the fourth.
CROW: Uhh, right. So there are six more?

[ Mike and Tom stare at each other with blank looks on their faces. ]

MIKE: That sounds about right.
SERVO: Yeah.
MIKE: What do you think, sirs?

[ Deep 13 ]

DR. F: I think we're missing a Jerry Mathers marathon on account of you.
Push the button, Frank.
FRANK: Okay-doke!

\ | /
\|/
-- * --
/|\
/ | \

Mystery Science Theater 3000 and its related characters and situations are
trademarks of and (c) 1994 by Best Brains, Inc. All rights reserved.

Use of copyrighted and trademarked material is for entertainment
purposes only; no infringement on the original copyrights or trademarks
held by Best Brains, Inc. is intended or should be inferred.

> I think there's a very good reason to care about myth, even though myth
> as a whole may seem to speak a language too obscure for rational,
> feet-on-the-ground folk.

lammey bart t

Oct 26, 1994, 10:33:15 AM10/26/94
How many times and by how many different people has THIS one been
MSTed?
I swear it gets repost every other week, and now here's a new
version.
Not that I'm complaining...they
are all funny...
Oh well.
Bart T. Lammey
"Fifteen Locations to serve you, now in Altuna!"

Keith Williams

Oct 27, 1994, 8:17:44 AM10/27/94

I wasn't aware that anyone else had done this one. I got permission from the "dibs" list before starting it, so...

-K (don't ask me, I'm new in town)