[MiSTied] Darkest Days part 2

Claye Hodge

Jan 2, 1995, 6:09:18 PM1/2/95
>From: "Lt. Cmdr. Corbett" <sco...@gl.umbc.edu>

CROW: This guy thinks he's a Lieutenant Commander??

>Newsgroups: alt.startrek.creative
>Subject: STAR TREK : DARKEST DAYS (2)

MIKE:[announcer.] Darkest Days Two; Corbett's Revenge!

>Date: Fri, 4 Nov 1994 16:18:47 -0500

TOM:[geeky.] Computer language is a pattern based upon ones and zeros..

CROW: And boring.

> charset=US-ASCII

MIKE: Hey Tom, there's your header. Satisfied?
TOM: Yeah.

> [BEGIN PART II]
>

> CHAPTER TWO

CROW: Wait, I thought this was PART two.

> "So... there she is, " the 'Fleet Commander said. Beside him stood

TOM: Can't this person figure out what sex her characters are??

>the night manager of the 'Fleet Museum, mostly there for security
>reasons, not for managing anything. They stood inside the well lit
>command center, a room with four inche thick transparent aluminum as a

Tom: Tupperware set.

>window looking out in the elder space station. Out there, beyond the
>glass, were the ships that had formed the Federation, mostly outdated
>rust-buckets, some stood ready for reassignment. One stood ready to fight
>the Borg, though her engineers had constructed her more than a hundred
>years before, for very different reasons.

MIKE: But was the Borg around a hundred years ago?

> "I don't think I can make that kind of decision," the freckled
>twnety-something said, his uniform the standard, though he would never
>actually be part of StarFleet.

TOM:[geeky.] I can't decide whether to use Stridex or Oxy.

> "Oh, sure you can... besides, I'm not asking for permission, I'm
>giving an order." the Fleet Admiral said.

CROW: So There! NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

> He liked giving orders, he

MIKE: But he hated to take orders.

>liked doing this kind of thing every now and again. It just gets to
>stuffy in the same office day in and day out, he thought.

TOM: Get a humidifier. That should help.

> "Yes, sir," the night manager said, "But I don't think Bob's going
>to like this...". He reached down and flung the lights that shined on the

MIKE: To the ground, breaking each and every one.

>old girl on, the metal plating of the ship glowed with age,

CROW: Under the dust and cob webs.

> a proud and
>respected ship, she was. She was also the last of her kind, the last of
>thirteen original ships. Now she was being readied for one final voyage,
>one that would be both a beginnings, of sorts, and a reunion, of sorts.

TOM: And Sorts, of sorts. hehehe.

> "Don't worry, we'll take good care of her." The Admiral said,

MIKE:[female.] Just, when is her bedtime, and does she need to be changed?

>patting the young man on the back, "We're going to upgrade weapons and
>shields and that will be all... she'll look the same," trying to comfort
>the boy/man.

CROW:[child's voice.] I'm a child inside a man's body.
TOM:[Deep voice.] I'm a man inside a child's body.

> "What about...uhh...what about a warp core? She doesn't have one,

CROW: Heck, she doesn't even have an engine, but you can have it.

>you know," the manager of the "Fleet Museum said.
> "We'll take care of that too..."
>
> *** *** *** ***

TOM: Oh boy, here we go again with these things.
CROW: Do you not like *******'s, Tom?
TOM: Well, not if they're used so often as they are in thi.. HEY! Crow
do that thing again.
CROW: What?? This? ******************************.
TOM: How can you do that??
CROW: I have an output modulating transponder, with dual turbo emmitters.
TOM: Ohh.

> "Captain Picard," the Romulan said, thinking of what he knew of
>the man,"Yes, we've met many times, all of them quite friendly, of

TOM:[female.] We had a couple of drinks, then we went to his house and it
was a night of PASSION.
MIKE: Ewww.. Don't do that joke again, Tom.

>course.". His outstretched brow, hiding his eyes for his commanders view.
> Sitting behind her desk, Sela said, " Good, Commander Tomolak,

TOM: Was it as good for you, as it was for me??
MIKE: TOM...

>because it is you who will be in command of the 'Welcoming Committee'
>when Picard and StarFleet arrive.". She sat back, remembering what had
>transpired last time Picard and his damned android had been in Romulan

MIKE & TOM: WHAT ANDROID???
CROW:[at the same time.] WHAT ANDRO*****ID??

>territory. And that damned logical Spock, she thought, he's still here.
>Well, when we defeat the Borg and cripple the StarFleet when they leave,
>I'll take care of him...personally.

MIKE:[Palance.] MISSSSSSED CAAAAALLLL...

> CHAPTER THREE

TOM: Book three, episode three, day three...
MIKE: We get your point.

> The Bridge loomed large before the incoming shuttle, Picard and
>Ensign Rome had spent the entire trip from France in complete silence.

CROW: I see Rome, I see France, I see Picard's underpants. Hehehe..

>Picard worried about what the 'Delta Problem' could possibly mean to him,

MIKE:[announcer.] He was wondering whether he should get Delta Burke back
on Designing Women.
TOM: Uh.. Mike. That show ended a year or two ago.
MIKE: Oh.. Sorry.

>he knew of no ship that was ready for a new command. Picard didn't like
>the idea of taking someone elses command, he felt that they were just as
>worthy as he to command a starship.

CROW: Just not a starship that was expen***si***ve fo****r him*******.
MIKE: Crow. You okay, buddy??
CROW: Y***eah, I'm just getting*** used to my transponder. ********** This
is actually fun.
MIKE: Well don't over do it.

> Though, he thought, I wouldn't mind
>taking the Cairo away from Jellico for a while, just so he knows what's like.

TOM: I don't think a captain who likes to get revenge, is good for the
Federation. What do you guys think?
MIKE: I guess..
CROW: If it wa********s up to me. It would depend*******>>>>>>> on the
si)))))))))))******............^^^^^^^^^^tuation.

> The shuttle sat down on the pad that had been waiting for him.

TOM: It hasn't finished potty training, yet.

> Two
>other officers ushered him from the shuttle into Main, the building that
>housed all of StarFleet command, the offices, the personnel. Up two
>levels and into the official office of the one admiral he didn't want to see,

MIKE: And up to level three which is houseware and appliances.

>"Admiral Necheyev, I was wondering when you'd need me again."
> "We don't have time for the pleasantries, Captain," She said, he

TOM: Geez, DON'T say hi.

>truly disliked her, and the feeling was seemingly mutual. She leaned
>forward, hands clasped on the glass desk. The door closed behind Picard;

MIKE: He knew he was in deep doo doo.

>he took a seat directly in front of her. "Captain, we both know why we
>asked you back..."
> "Actually, all I've found out is that we have a 'Delta Problem'".
> "Yes, we do..."she said, her hair seemed different to Picard, then

CROW: ............-------------***********)(((((((*(*((^%^^^^
MIKE: Are you sure you're okay?
CROW: I think-===-*^^^^^ so.

>it seemed a different color everytime he saw her. "The Borg are making a
>move on the Beta quadrant, on the Romulans."
> "And they want us to help fend them off"

MIKE: Why help the borg?? THEY'RE the ones attacking, aren't they??

CROW: I)))'m conf*^^^%%%%@@@@@used, are t%%%%%hey talking _-_-_-_-_ about
the BBB||||||)====org or the Romulans?+_()_()_%^##

>she said.
> "Then they came to us,"
> "Not exactly...we recieved a subspace transmission from Ambassador
>Spock, on Romulus, telling of the problems with the Borg. It appears,
>Captain, that they want what the Romulans have" the Admiral said.
> "What's that?"

TOM: Money? Power? Fame? A planet that doesn't have info-commercials???

> "People, and many of them... it's seems that when their little
>stint with Lore ended, so did his type of terror."

MIKE: He became a kind and gentler android.
TOM: Hey! You knew all along what that talk about an andriod a while back
was all about, didn't you???
MIKE: I saw this part of the story when it was posted on the internet. I
got this story by accident, but I deleted it after reading further.

> "Admiral, what's this got to do with me?"

TOM:[singing.] What's love got to do, got to do..

> "Captain Picard, you are going to lead a 'Task Force' of sixteen
>starships, your ship not included, into Romulan space to help defeat the
>Borg."
> "I see," he said, remembering, all to vividly, what happened last
>time they had a run-in with the Borg, then everytime before that...
> "You have three days to find Will Riker and the rest of your
>command crew...

MIKE: They were last seen on the S.S.Minnow.. You might want to check an
uncharted desert isle.

> I want you all back here for a briefing on the complete
>affair." she said, standing and moving toward the door.

CROW: Ho^^^^^ ca___+++++n she be st>>>>>>>>ing a(*nd <><><...oving a^^t the
sam)*^e ti^%%%e.
TOM: I think somethings wrong with Crow.
MIKE: Yeah, I'll check him in a little bit.

> "I understand." he said, leaving the Office of Death, as he
>thought of it. Damn, he said, I wanted command back, but not to fight the
>Borg.
>
> **** **** **** ****
>
> Over the world, a world with no particular sun, orbited a ship of
>unknown origin. A ship with powers that would have seemed un-imaginable to
>anyone beyond the spacefarers of this century. A ship with a crew from
>worlds scattered about the Delta Quadrant, a ship that was built for a
>single purpose - to assimilate all intelligent being.

TOM: This must be SOME ship.

> A simple task that
>was made difficult by the stubborn nature of all living things, by the
>free will of those beings. No one wants to be controlled, no one wants to
>be changed. No one wants the Borg to come to their world, usually leaving

MIKE: Is there anything you WANT to be??

>it in rubble.
> That is, no one but those who lived here, on this world. A world of
>creatures they had never seen before, a creature that was impossible to
>assimilate, a creature that resembled a glowing puddle of water.

TOM: A Comedy Central Executive!

> It was here, on this world, that the unbelievable thing happened to
>the Borg, they made a deal. A deal of no assimilation, a deal that they
>could 'live' with. But it was this compromise that started the Borg to
>begin to access the only remaining subroutine in their memory circuits
>that came from the android named Lore.
> The subroutine was named : Deceit.

MIKE & TOM: Hi, Deceit.
CROW:[at the same time.] %%(()____)*&^&&&^%%$$###@^$)*))((><<<<<<<>>>///

MIKE: Take it easy, Crow.

> [END PART II]
> [GOTO PART III]

MIKE: Good, let's see what Crow's trouble is. Tom, I'll get Gypsy on the
way, to bring you. I've got to fix Crow.
TOM: That's okay.
MIKE: Come on, Crow.
[Mike and Crow get up, Mike helps Crow leave the theater.]

TOM: Boy, there sure is a lot of padding in this post.

7...6...5...4...3...2...1...

[SOL]

[Crow is laying flat on the desk. His mouth is open. Mike is looking in,
and using what appears to be like dentist tools, in Crow's mouth. Tom comes
on screen.]

TOM: How's he doing, Mike?
MIKE: Well, I think I've found what the trouble is, and I'm trying to fix
it. [reaches for a tool on the desk.] Okay.. There. [Takes a part out
of Crow's mouth.] I think this is the little bugger. Let's see if it
was. [Reaches a switch on Crow's back and flips it.] Feeling better
Crow?
CROW:[rises up.] OooOOOhhhHHHHhhh.... Thanks Mike, you arrrrRRRRRREEEEE
WATCHING USA UP ALL NIGHT! I'M GILBERT GOTTFRI[Mike quickly turns Crow
off.]iiieeee......
TOM: Whew!
MIKE: I think this will take a little bit longer than I expected.

[commercials.]

[continued in part III.]

Claye Hodge

/--\_________/--\ /--\________/--\