[MSTing] Quinn and Wade, by Clare Mosely

DStalker

Jul 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/5/97

--------------3E7AFB71D6F8B95655A753CC

Another Sliders fan fiction...

--------------3E7AFB71D6F8B95655A753CC

MSTing by "DStalker"
Mail responces to ro_...@hotmail.com
To fully enjoy this MSTing, make sure you can see this entire line on your monitor. Enjoy!

(SOL)
MIKE: Hi everybody. It's Earth Day today and we are doing our part on the SOL.
TOM: Since we produce a lot of trash, and our trash compartment is getting rather full...
CROW: We've decided to do the best thing available.
MIKE: Since we can't recycle, we're going to eject our garbage into space and try and shoot it
with a laser!
GYPSY: Ejecting trash now. Good hunting guys!
(Mike and the bots put on VR gear and pick up pistols with wires.)
CROW: Hey! I got a huge battery!! It's spilling acid all over the place!!
TOM: Ooops, didn't mean to hit those Spotted Owl embryos.
MIKE: Whoops, there goes those Condor eggs.
CROW: Uh oh. Remember that nuclear reactor? It's spilling radiation all over the Northern
hemisphere!
MIKE: Well, the trash is out of range now. (Mad light) Oh, George Forman is calling.

(D13)(DR. F is bald)
DR F: Thanks Mike! All that radiation has made everybody down here bald!!!

(SOL)
MIKE: Whoops. Sorry about that.

(D13)
DR F: I was going to send you some post by somebody named "Bo", but instead I'm going to
send you another Clare Mosely Sliders waste of kilobytes. Eat it and die Nelson.

(SOL)
CROW: Oh no! We've got Moseley sign!!

*.. 2.. 3.. 4.. 5.. 6..

>Quinn and Wade
>
>By: Clare Moseley (dmos...@mailserv.interhop.net)

CROW: Note to self, mail bomb the above address.

>Disclaimer: Sliders is property of St. Clare Entertainment . I am borrowing
>all of the characters from this company. All of the characters were created
>for the television show Sliders. I do not have permission to use these
>characters, but this story is only written for my own pleasure and that of
>the readers.

MIKE: Well that's up to us isn't it.

> So don't sue me. This story happens one world
>after "Coruscant/ Earth". This story has spoilers to that. The book
>mentioned in part one is my own Star Wars fanfic. I am just promoting it.

TOM: If she got published, I'm Queen Victoria.

>Also this story has some reference to "Summer of Love" "Last Days" and
>"Obsession in the first season. All reference to the Beatles is just to
>depict the difference in worlds, and hopefully not offensive to Paul and
>Linda McCartney, the late John Lennon and Yoko Ono. I just though it would be funny.

CROW: Thought is the key word.

> Email comments to me at dmos...@mailserv.interhop.net
>
>Wade Wells was sitting on top of a bed in the Dominion Hotel.

MIKE: As opposed to beneath the bed.

>She sat with the remote in one hand, her other hand was wrapped around Quinn
>Mallory's waist. The television was on and the Mary Hart of Entertainment Tonight spoke

CROW: (Mary Hart) It's the party event of the century!!
MIKE: (Wade) Oh, I wonder if those alien ships orbiting over LA mean anything? Nah.

>"Today John Lennon's new single 'Winged Beatle' has reached number one.
>This is Lennon's fiftieth number one hit. Lennon and his wife, Linda, are
>going back to Lennon's home town to meet up with former Beatle buddy Paul
>McCartney and his wife, Yoko, to start on a new single called 'Free As A
>Bird' it will be part of the Beatles reunion CD. For Entertainment Tonight,
>this is Mary Hart."

TOM: Oh, god. I wonder if she's a Beatle's fan?
MIKE: Clare Mosely is the Walrus, cu cu catchoo.

>Quinn grabbed the remote from Wade's hand and flipped off the TV.

CROW: I bet the FOX censors had a field day with that.

>She said "Hey, why did you do that?"
>
>Quinn replied "Because Mary Hart is the most annoying person on this planet
>ranking up there with Urkel and Michelle Tanner.

MIKE: The fact that she knows the full name of the latter character is scary.
CROW: The fact that you got that reference is even scarier.

> And there is a lot
>more exciting things to do than watch TV."
>Wade smiled flirtatiously at Quinn. She asked "Like what?"

TOM: (Quinn) Bass fishing, we could rent a boat and-

>Quinn smiled back and moved closer to kiss her. But the door slammed and
>Professor Maximilian Arturo and Rembrandt Brown walked into the room. The
>Professor was looking at a small remote in his hand.

MIKE: (Arturo) There's a bomb in this room, if your dialogue is more than 50
lines from it's introduction, it will explode.

>He said "Ten minutes till the slide. Come on you two. Can't we leave you
>alone for a minute?"
>
>Rembrandt laughed.
>
>He said "I guess not very long."

CROW: Should we be reading this? I think it should have a no-one under 18 admitted sign.

>Wade looked, then sheepishly took her arm back from around Quinn's waist.
>They had not really explained to Arturo and Rembrandt that she and Quinn
>were pursuing a relationship. But they could probably guess. Wade had only
>decided about her feelings for Quinn two worlds ago.

CROW: (Wade) In that cafe in Neo Paris, what was that waiters name?
MIKE: (Rembrandt) Jean Luke Skywalker.

> She had seen
>how when feelings weren't explained what could happen to a person. Luke Skywalker,
>and his girlfriend, Leyta, had almost ruined their lives, and the life of
>their son, by not pursuing their relationship. In the last world Wade had
>bought a copy of a Star Wars book called "Jedi Lover"

DR F: Note to all of you, that's what you'll be doing next.

>It told of Luke and Leyta not finding each other after the first Death Star was
>destroyed. It was twenty years after the second Death Star was destroyed did
>they get back together. Wade did not want that to happen to her and Quinn.
>Quinn was the most wonderful guy she had ever met.

CROW: Except for 75% of the male population.
MIKE: Let's go..

6.. 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. *...

(SOL)
MAGIC VOICE: Guys, there's an unknown space station approaching us.
MIKE: Cambot, give me rocket number nine.
(Picture shows Mir just outside the ship)
MAGIC: It's hailing us Mike.
MIKE: Put it on Hexfield.
MAGIC: I can't, they don't have a Hexfield. Voice only.
(Static is heard on the SOL.)
MIR: -ello? H-llo? Is -body -ere?
MIKE: Hello? We can barely hear you, turn your radio down.
MIR: Oh, that's better.
CROW: Who are you?
MIR: Ah, my name is Yuri, Yuri Staboiko. I am currently the only one on this ship.
And who are you?
MIKE: I'm Mike Nelson, and there's Crow, Tom Servo, and Gypsy. We're kind of trapped in space.
YURI: Your trapped? Maybe I can help you. I'm supposed to be resupplied in four days, they can
take you down. (Movie sign)
MIKE: That'd be great. But we've got movie sign!!!

*.. 2.. 3.. 4.. 5.. 6..

>She knew he really loved her. He had shown her that all the times he had
>helped her. And everything he had done for her made Wade loved him even more.
>Wade felt a push.

TOM: Is she pregnant? Imagine "Myna Mallory"

>It was Quinn.

MIKE: They cloned Quinn and Wade's the surrogate mother? Good god no!

>He said "Come on, Wade, we've got to go."

>Wade hopped off the bed, grabbed her backpack and they started to go
>outside. Wade smiled as Quinn took her hand and they walked along.
>
>"Ouch! Will I ever get used to hitting this damn ground!" Arturo yelled.
>Rembrandt followed. Each gave a groan. But got off the ground. The hotel
>was nowhere to be seen.

CROW: Did the scene change? I looked away.

>Arturo said "Dammit! Where are those two kids!"
>
>Rembrandt looked around. Wade and Quinn were nowhere in sight.

MIKE: They were sucked into a plot hole!

>He said "The are probably coming. They should be here. I saw them slide!"
>But soon, Rembrandt and Arturo's nightmare became a reality as the worm
>hole closed, with Wade and Quinn nowhere to be seen!

TOM: And then they came out of the plot hole right on the Enterprise, amongst
the thousands of plot holes on it.

>Something had gone wrong during the slide. Wade had felt it. It had been
>something she had done almost a hundred times before. But something had
>gone wrong this time. She had felt a jolt that knocked her farther and
>farther away from Rembrandt and Arturo.

CROW: She had also felt a Mountain Dew. Because she felt a "Jolt".. get it? C'mon!

> Quinn had been thrown with her.
>When they fell out of the worm hole, neither of them could see Arturo nor
>Rembrandt. It looked like they were in some sort of a cave.

CROW: Some sort of a cave? Do caves come in assorted colors and sizes or something?

> It was raining hard
>outside. Wade could hear the thunder, at first it made her jump. Quinn put his arm around
>Wade. Suddenly there was a large clap of thunder and a bolt of lightening hit a
>tree. The immense tree fell to the ground right in front of the mouth of the cave.
>Quinn ran up to the tree.

MIKE: And tackle blocked it, causing a five yard penalty and loss of down.

>He said "This tree looks to heavy to move. I think we're trapped."
>
>"This is great. We can't get out."Wade said, sounding mad. Then she turned to Quinn.

TOM: And disemboweled his with one flick of her wrist.

>She quietly asked him "What are we going to do, Quinn?"

CROW: (Wade) What we going to do when they come for you?

>The soft hopelessness in her eyes made Quinn feel horrible. This was his
>fault.

MIKE: Quinn Mallory, lightning god.

> He didn't have to bring her along sliding. But he did. Now, it
>looked like they would never get out. They had no idea where Rembrandt and
>Arturo were. Arturo and Rembrandt had no idea where they were. Arturo had the
>timer and they had no food or water. For all Quinn knew something went wrong
>and Arturo and Rembrandt never came out of the worm hole. But then maybe, they
>just fell out of the worm hole in a different place. It had happened before.
>During their first few slides. And they had found each other again. Arturo and
>Rembrandt were probably looking for them right now.

TOM: You know, even with the periods that still sounded like a run on sentence.

>Quinn said "Rembrandt and Arturo are probably just in another place. They
>are probably looking for us. All we can do right now is wait."

MIKE: (Quinn) Or we could explore the caves or something.
CROW: (Wade) Nah..

>"This is just great, Professor, we are in the middle of nowhere, during a
>thunder storm, and Wade and Quinn missed the slide." Rembrandt yelled.
>Arturo replied "I'm sorry about Miss Wells and Mr. Mallory. But right now
>I'm sure that they are fine.

CROW: (Arturo) I'm sure that there fine even though I have no information what-so-ever.

> Maybe they are somewhere else in this world.
>We have till tomorrow at seven a night to find them. I suggest we find some
>shelter till this storm blows over, then look for them." Rembrandt
>shrugged. Hopefully, Wade and Quinn were nearby.

TOM: Storm blows over? Clare, at least give us a little bit of suspense.

>"Quinn? What if they slide already? What if were trapped forever?" Wade
>asked Quinn.

CROW: (Quinn) Then that'd suck.

>He was taking stuff out of Wade's back pack. At least she only pack the
>essentials. There was a sweater, a pack of matches, Wade's diary, and,
>nothing.

MIKE: How about food, water, a kerosene lamp, and a medical kit? I think those are
fairly important.

> That was it. At least, the matches could be used for a fire. Even thought
>Quinn had no idea why Wade had matches. He took them, and some branches off the
>charred tree and lit them.

TOM: A sopping wet, burned tree is going to ignite real fast.

> Soon a bright fire burned in the middle of the cave.
>Wade hugged herself.

CROW: Eww..

> A storm raged outside. She hopped if the professor and
>Rembrandt were on this world they were somewhere safe.

MIKE: So she hopped on the Professors stomach? Is that what that said?

>"This is just wonderful. There is not one civilised society on this world. We
>will most likely be killed before the next slide." Arturo yelled to his equally
>soaked companion.

CROW: It turns out that Rembrandt turns into a red haired Japanese girl when wet.

>Rembrandt yelled back "I hope if Wade and Quinn are in this world they are somewhere safe."
>
>"So? What are we going to do?" Quinn asked.
>
>This wasn't really a question to Wade, but to himself.

MIKE: Did we change scenes?

> Why were the always
>getting into such messes. Quinn thought back through the worlds they had been
>to. One where a meteor was going to destroy the Earth. One where a a psychic
>obsessed over Wade. One where Wade's pregnant double had been kidnapped by
>Arturo's son. One where Imperial stormtroopers from Star Wars ran rampant.

TOM: I'm having flashbacks man! It's a bug hunt, a bug hunt!!

> And
>it was all his fault. At times like this Quinn wanted to just die. For endangering
>his friends. Maybe this was his payback. For not being patient. It looked like Wade
>and him would never get out.
>
>"Hey, Quinn? You all right?"

MIKE: (Quinn) Just peachy, we're gonna die!!!
CROW: Let's go..

6.. 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. *..

(SOL)
MIKE: Are you guys almost done packing?
CROW: I'm done, all I have to do is grab my computer when the time comes.
MIKE: Why not now?
CROW: Because I'm down loading a game demo and I'd prefer not to interrupt it.
MIKE: What ever. Servo?
TOM: I'm done, except I need one more case.
MIKE: What for?
TOM: My underwear! I can't fit it all in just one trunk.
MIKE: I think you should leave it here, how many trunks do you have full of underwear?
TOM: Eight. I need more.
MIKE: Just take two.
TOM: Alright...
(Crow suddenly slips, his bags opening in mid-air, tons of video games spill out)
MIKE: Is this all you packed? Where's your tooth brush? Or clean underwear?
TOM: He can borrow some of my underwear.
CROW: No thanks, I won't need 'em! I mean..
MIKE: You'll pack them right now Crow.
CROW: Okay.... (Movie sign)
MIKE: Movie sign!!!

6.. 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. *..

>Quinn looked at Wade. Wade was so strong right now. She was perfect. Quinn
>didn't deserve her. After all, he had caused her to be separated from her
>family and everybody she loved. Except him, she had admitted to him. She
>loved him. Quinn smiled at Wade

TOM: Right before going postal. She pulled out an AK-47 and quickly clicked the safety-
MIKE: That's enough Servo.

>"Marry me." He said.
>
>Wade's eyes widened.

CROW: And her tongue fell to the floor, she was practicing for the female lead in the Mask 2.

>"Marry you?" She exclaimed.
>
>He nodded his head. "Yeah, marry me."

TOM: Is there an echo?

>Wade nodded her head sarcastically "Yeah, sure Quinn. I sure there is a
>minister in the corner of this cave."

CROW: (Quinn) Really? I was wondering why there were all those pews around.

>Quinn kept serious "Wade, don't do that. I'm serious. When we get back to
>our own world I want you to marry me."
>
>Wade bit her lip. She thought for a moment.

MIKE: You can hear the hamster turnin' that wheel extra fast.

>She then said "No Quinn. I won't marry you."
>
>"Why not Wade?" Quinn asked.

CROW: (Wade) Because I've never liked you and I'm dating Ellen DeGeneres.

>Wade said "Other than the fact that we are too young and not ready I do not
>want to get married right now.

TOM: Too young? You both are like thirty!

> There is too much we have to do. And I mean
>after we get home. I think you don't want to get married yet either. There is
>too much in our own world. This sliding is just confusing us. I can't base a
>life long commitment on that."

MIKE: Huh... speaking of confusing...

>Quinn nodded.
>
>"I understand," He said. Then added "But I don't like it."
>
>Wade kissed Quinn's cheek."Maybe later, Quinn. After we get back I will be
>able to decide. Maybe we will get home tomorrow."

CROW: You'll get home when your series is no longer profitable.
TOM: It is now.
CROW: Good point.

>Wade then whispered "I hope we get home tomorrow."
>
>"Professor, we have got to stop running. There is nowhere to run to."
>Rembrandt said to the professor.

MIKE: (Singing) And Mary Ann! Here on Gilligan's Isle!!

>Arturo yelled "There is a cave up ahead. We can probably find shelter
>inside." Rembrandt and Arturo ran up to the mouth of the cave, which was
>covered by

CROW: Massive amounts of gingivitis.

> a large tree. Arturo tested the weight of the tree. Being struck
>by lightening had charred the tree and made it easy to move.

TOM: Apparently lightning hollows out things.
CROW: I bet Pauly Shore was struck by lightning.

>Rembrandt took one look inside the cave and said "Shelter is not the only
>thing we'll find."

MIKE: (Rembrandt) I'm convinced that in this cave is the Lost City of Zinj.

>"Professor! Rembrandt! Are we glad to see you!" Quinn yelled excitedly.
>
>Wade asked "How could you move the tree?"

TOM: (Arturo) Lightning hollows out things, didn't you know that?

>Arturo slapped the trunk and most of the wood fell away. He said "The tree had
>been rotten in the core for many years. The lightening merely gave a push to
>the inevitable."

CROW: And he knows this because he's got X-Ray vision..

>Wade smacked Quinn "Quinn! Nice going! I bet it was too heavy to move!"

MIKE: That's just the opposite of what the.. Oh just forget it.

>Quinn rubbed his shoulder "So I miscalculated the weight? Do I have to be
>right all the time?"

TOM: He's on a bargain fair ego trip to Spain.

>Rembrandt mumbled "If you were right all the time we wouldn't be here."
>
>The storm had passed. The Sliders still could not find any people on this
>world. But it did not matter. Their timer read ten seconds and soon they
>would slide into a new world.

CROW: Where they would kill half the natives with small pox, slaughter half of those
that remained, then enslaved the rest.

>"There's that damn blue worm hole. And right on schedule." Arturo said. One by
one each of the Sliders jumped through the worm hole. Leaving behind the wilderness.

MIKE: When all of a sudden, Quinn's entire family popped out of the bushes and shouted
welcome back a little too late.

>"Ouch! Pavement! At least it is a sign we are in the city." Wade said.

TOM: Then a Mel Gibson look alike by the name of Max drove by in a car and said
"Think again."

> She got
>off the ground and looked around. Their was the Dominion hotel right in front of
>them. But in front of the hotel Wade and Arturo could see Wade and Quinn's doubles.
>Quinn was on one knee and Wade was crying tears of joy. Arturo leaned over and
>whispered to Wade "Quinn proposing to you. What a crazy idea."

MIKE: A crazy, wacky, kooky idea.

>Wade smiled "Maybe not that crazy, you should no that by now professor."
>
>The End

TOM: Thank god.

>Back home....

MIKE: Oh no! That insinuates a sequel!!!
TOM: Argh.
MIKE: Let's go.

6.. 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. *..

YURI: Alright comrade. We are about to make the connection..
MIKE: Yes! We'll be free anytime now!
YURI: Yes, where exactly is your air lock?
CROW: Right below the forward rear dome.
YURI: Got it.. Uh oh.
TOM: What?
YURI: We have a problem, we're going to have to leave you guys.
MIKE: But why?
YURI: The Americans want us to pick up another cosmonaut of theirs.
CROW: But isn't the rescue off four.. people more important?
YURI: Look they are promising that if I do this I'll get two cases of Sprite and three hundred
pairs of used Levi jeans. I'll be rolling in the rubbles! See you guys later!!
TOM: Well.... Who's hungry? (Mad light)
CROW: Oh, Dr. F is calling.

(D13)
DR F: Well you tried to escape, so I'm going to keep sending you Moseley's until you stop trying
to do that. Which I was going to do anyway. G'Day Nelson.

(Insert button ASCII here)

This is all in fun, don't sue me. All characters belong to whoever they do.