MiSTing--"2000-X" Pt. 4

Omega

Nov 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/4/96

And the last of the nightmare that is...2000-X.

[door sequence, all walk into theatre, Mike is just zipping up his
jumpsuit again]

Mike: You guys will pay for this, you know.
Crow: Oh, come on, you looked cute in a bikini.

> Newsgroups: alt.comics.fan-fiction
> Subject: 2000-X ch.3/?

Crow: You mean there could be more?
Tom: Don't say it, don't say it...

> **All characters and places except 2000-X students and Atlanis
> Base belong to Marvel Comics. Everything that doesn't belong to
> Marvel Comics belongs to Adam McPartlin.

Crow: Any new jokes, guys?
Mike: No, I think we went over this already.

> All characters and
> stories belonging to Adam McPartlin may be distributed/used

Crow: To wrap fish in.

> freely. If archived on the 'net, please inform me of the URL at
> ma...@awod.com
>
> ***This chapter contains graphic accounts of violent death.

Tom: Of the author?
Mike: We should be so lucky.

> If you
> do not enjoy reading this material, please do not read on.

Crow: Does this mean we can stop now?
Tom: I don't think so.
Mike: And if you do enjoy reading this material, please seek
professional help.

> 2000-X
> Chapter 3
>
> At that moment the potentially omnipotent young mutant
> called Megamorph and teammate of 2000-X stepped into the battle.
> "Please help.......... YOURSELVES!"

Mike: To the All-You-Can-Eat Buffet! Just three easy payments of
$19.99!

> Megamorph had used his incredible power to transform into
> pure diamond. Falcon, Raven, Waverider and Psyber hit him with
> everything they had. Even though the energy wielded by the four
> far overpasses that of a nuclear blast, there was no effect on the
> diamond entity.

Tom: Of course, all of their team-mates were dead, as the island was
annihilated by the force of the blast...

> In fact, in the adopted bodyform of Megamorph
> was designed so that the energy was refracted toward it's senders.

Crow: How do you refract water? Or balls of force?

> Megamorph then transformed his arm into long spikes. As he
> went to attack Venus,

Crow: Oh, that one's just too easy.

> Megamorph was hit with a blast of
> telekinetic energy. Immediately following Venus,

Mike: Was Mercury.

> Anubis and
> Psyber psilinked and attacked Megamorph.
>
> By this time Megamorph transformed into Onslaught. Their
> psiblast had absolutely no effect on the Onslaught impersonator.

Crow: Who then launched into a 'Blue Suede Shoes' rendition.
Tom: No, that's an Elvis impersonator.

> Megamorph sent a blast of magnetic energy at 2000-X.
>
> However, Onslaught was unprepared for the presence of
> Magneto, Master of Magnetism.

Mike: So was the audience, for that matter.
Tom: No, Venus has spontaneously mutated the power of plot
contrivance.

> The god-like mutant playfully
> stopped the magnetic wave and returned it to it's source.
>
> "Villain, how dare you attack these children," shouted
> Magneto.

Mike(as Magneto): That's my job!

> As Magneto prepared to send the finishing blast toward
> Onslaught, Anubis sent, <Magneto, he's nae Onslaught, he's
> only a shapeshifter.>

Crow(as Magneto):Yeah, so? *squish*

> <<I MAY NOT BE ONSLAUGHT BUT I DO HAVE HIS
> POWER.>> said Megamorph in the psi voice of Onslaught.
>
> <No longer.> said Anubis as he activated his power to
> absorb life force energy. <As much as I hate to do this, I cannot
> allow ye to hurt anyone.>

Crow(as Anubis): I'd like to allow you to hurt people, but my dad says
I can't do that anymore.

> It was moments before Anubis was able
> to absorb enough of the ambient energy to control Megamorph's
> mind. He forced Megamorph into his natural form, and then locked
> away his consciousness.

Mike: Wonder what he locked it in?
Tom: Is it bigger than a breadbox?
Mike: No. No, it's definitely not bigger than a breadbox.

> "Anubis, we must return to the academy. I sense
> that something is happening." said Venus.

Tom: Oh, yes, she's using her mutant power of plot contrivance again.

All: Awwww...

> The entire campus had been completely destroyed. All of
> the instructional facilities and offices had been burned to the
> ground. The Boisphere had nothing but a few ashes left of it.

Crow: Whoa, that was one heck of a frat party.

> "What happened here? Did Dr. McCoy accidentaly detonate
> a nuclear bomb" said Warrior, the team's muscle man

Mike: But obviously not the team comedian.

> Then came the greatest shock. As Waverider found the
> dead body of Artie Maddicks. The young psionic mutant in the
> care of the Academy.

Crow: Why didn't he just use his time-travel powers to--oh, wait,
wrong one.

> "Who would do this to such a sweet little boy?" asked
> Psyber

Tom: The entire reading audience of X-Factor?

> as Anubis, Raven and Falcon attempted to revive his life
> force.
>
> As the energy from Anubis increased it's flow into the
> deformed body of young Artie, his vital signs came back into
> existence. However, such a recovery doesn't come without a cost.

Mike: See, Artie didn't have medical insurance, so there were some
pretty hefty fees.

> In this case many of the injuries inflicted were far too
> massive for Raven and Falcon to heal, and the psi's of the group
> could tell immediately that the child had rreceivedextensive brain
> damage.

Tom: I think the author's recieved extensive brain damage.

> "We must get the bairn to Atlantis station." said
> Pendragon, possibly the most powerful of the group.

Crow: Wait, isn't Anubis the most powerful of the group?
Tom: Yeah, this guy canąt keep his powers going for more than thirty
seconds at a time.
Mike: But they can still cuddle, right?

> "Arthur is right. Venus, take Artie and Megamorph to the
> station. The rest of you split up and find Ms. Frost, Dr. Drake and
> Leach."
>

> In a few moments, Venus' transpatial energy patterns
> coalesced on the X-Men's Atlantis Base. As soon as the trio
> arrived
> the X-Men were put into action.
>
> The first duty was to stabilize Artie's vital signs. All of the
> Psi's on the base worked with him to try and repair the damage to
> both his physical mind and his psyche.

Mike: His physical mind?
Tom: Wait a second, which of the X-Men are supposed to be qualified to
do brain surgery?
Crow: Wolverine?

> At the same time, all X-Men
> with any medical knowledge

Tom: So, basically Beast, then.

> worked to repair the damage to the
> body of the boy. After eight hours of grueling work, Artie
> Maddicks died of massive Cerebral Hemorrhaging.

Mike: Then they remembered they were supposed to be trying to save
him.
Tom(as Cyclops): Wolverine, get your claws out of the kid's head!

> This was one of the worst events ever to happen to the X-
> Men.

Crow: I dunno, the X-Men/Star Trek crossover was pretty bad...

> It was one thing when a team member died in the field of
> battle,

Mike: That was fun.

> but when a small child gets caught in the crossfire, it strikes
> a hole deep into the spirit of the X-Men.

Crow: It what?
Tom: Geez, I don't see why they're all so depressed. I mean, it was
probably just his cyborg clone from an alternate future that went into
a death-like state only to be resurrected by Mister Sinister to
destroy the X-Men, once and for--
Mike: Um, Tom? Could we get on with the fanfic, please? It's almost
over...
Tom: Oh, OK.

> Even the normally cold X-Man called Monet St. Croix

Mike: Isn't Iceman the normally cold X-Man?
Crow: In her outfit, Psylocke is probably the cold X-Man.

> broke down in tears at the tragic loss. All of the X-Men vowed
> vengeance on whoever caused this tragedy.

Mike: Y'know, McPartlin, I'd be watching your back from now on.

> little did they know the
> worst was yet to come.

Crow: Chapter Four!

[Mike picks up Tom, and both leave the theatre screaming. Crow
follows, chortling madly. Door sequence plays in reverse, and...]

[SOL Bridge. Mike and bots are sitting around.]

Tom: Well, we've read some bad stuff in our time, guys.
Crow: Yep, that's for sure. 'Shadow Stalker"...
Mike: "Double Vision"...
Tom: "Treklander"...
Crow: And don't forget all the stuff by Ratliff...
Mike: Dom't eveen mantshun that wurd, Crriow.
Tom: Yeah. But my point is, this was really on the low end of the
scale of bad. I mean, the fact that all the characters were each more
powerful than all the X-Men put together...
Mike: Yeah, I think the writer's overcompensating just a little bit
for his own personal inadequacies, don't you?
[Crow snickers.] And then there's the badly done fight sequences.
Tom: And the sudden appearance of Magneto for no apparent reason.
Mike: And--oh, forget it, guys. We would work for hours and still not
get to everything. Let's just say, "What do you think, sirs?"

[Cut to Deep 13. Dr. Forrester is being forced to kneel down before
Frank, whose eyes are glowing in that cheesy 60's sci-fi style.]

Dr. F: Um, yes, it's quite nice, Mike...excuse, me, I'll have to get
back to you. I'm getting some 'Gary Mitchell' feedback from the
Redshirt, here.
Frank: Heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee! Now _you_ push the button,
toad-boy!
[Dr. Forrester walks jerkily over to the console, like a
badly-controlled marionette. His hand slams down on the button.]

Pwoosh!

Theme music, credits, filmed in shadowramma, keep circulating the
tapes. This story was Misted by the Starbase Omega Crew: John łOmega˛
Seavey, Jeff łAdam˛ Mariano, Tony łPickle-Bear˛ Botz, Joe łKimsaidaun˛
Mashuga, and Paul łI Donąt Have a Cutesy Nickname˛ Hagenbusch. Host
segments written by John łOmega˛ Seavey. Deep 13, the SOL, MST3K, Mike
Nelson (the character, not the person), the bots, and all associated
stuff are trademarks of Best Brains, Inc. We wouldn't write this if we
didn't think they were cool enough to understand. The story in this
MiSTing belongs to Adam McPartlin, to whom we mean no actual hatred or
physical violence. If he doesn't like this treatment of his story, he
should write a better one.

> At that moment the potentially omnipotent young mutant
> called Megamorph and teammate of 2000-X stepped into the battle.
> "Please help.......... YOURSELVES!"

Hope you liked it, it'll be up on my homepage as well, along with lots
of other keen stuff, please feel free to write to me and tell me what
you thought. Don't worry about our feelings, we're tough guys.

Omega
******
"Look, they're steam-cleaning the horses!"
--Gypsy, from Hercules and the Captive Women