MiSTed - "Five Facets of a Myth" (w/short "Rent Strike 2000") (1/1)

Bill Livingston

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00
[SOL - Crow is in front of a computer, watching the screen (which we
cannot see) intently]

CROW: Look at that - up to $2000 already! I knew this was a great idea!
Laserjet 6E Printer, here I come! Printer?!? HAH!! I'm gonna buy
Hewlitt Packard - lock, stock and toner cartridge!

[Mike enters, carrying a videotape]

MIKE: Hey Crow, what's going on?
CROW: I'm making money hand over fist, that's what!
MIKE: That's nice. You seen Servo anywhere?

[Servo zips in]

TOM: You rang?
MIKE: Yeah. We need to talk. [holds up tape for Tom to see]
TOM: *sigh* We *did* ask you not to leave it in the VCR when you were
done, didn't we?
MIKE: Yes, and we *did* agree to check first, didn't we? You got your
"WWF Smackdown" all over my "Sports Night"!
CROW: Don't sweat it, Tommy - I'll cover it!
TOM: Really?!?
CROW: You betcha! By the time I'm done, I'll be buying and selling runty
little companies like Sony and Boeing, so a little thing like
a videotape is gonna be chump change!
TOM: Hey, thanks!
MIKE: Yeah, that's really nice of you, Crow.
CROW: No prob. Oh, by the way Mike, I need for you to be in the OR next
Tuesday morning so I can remove your kidney.
MIKE: Tuesday? Okay, I'll be th- [long pause] Did you just say you
wanted my *kidney*?!
CROW: Yep. Well - only if the check clears.
MIKE: The CHECK?!? Crow - tell me you're not doing what I think you're
doing!
CROW: Wait, [chuckling] do you think I'm selling your organs over the
internet?
MIKE: Well - that's what it sound like.
CROW: Oh it is to laugh, Nelson! [pause] Of *course* I am!
MIKE: WHAT?!?!
TOM: Really? What kind of market you gettin'?
CROW: Surprisingly good.
MIKE: Let me see that - [he and Tom come around to look at the screen]
You sold one of my kidneys to a guy named "StinkyPoo99" for
$11,000?!?
CROW: Relax, Mike - it's just one.
MIKE: I know, but -
CROW: Got a much better price for the other one - twenty-five large from
"Torgster", heh heh heh!
MIKE: [reading, stunned] $30,000 apiece for lungs - $4000 for my big
toe - $12,500 for my spleen - Vertebrae, $75 each! Incredible.
CROW: I know - I didn't think those would haul more than $40 a pop.
MIKE: [crossly] So your plan is to just sell me off in bits and pieces
to the highest bidder?
TOM: C'mon, Mike, I need a little discretionary income! Ever since I
maxed out your Diners' Club and Optima, I haven't had a thin dime!
TOM: Y'gotta admit, Mike, he's showing initiative!
MIKE: But this is just - just *wrong*!
CROW: Fine, go ahead, be judgmental!
TOM: What've you got written by each one - "MST3KPROP"?
CROW: Oh, that's code - it means "Mike's Sweetbreads - Terrific! 3000
pieces! Proprietary". That's so buyers can tell if someone tries
selling them any of those *fake* Mike bits.
TOM: Pretty sweet arrangement.
MIKE: And what's this other list over here?
CROW: That's my list of future ite- NO, DON'T READ THAT!!!
MIKE: "Bubble Globe". "Barrel Torso". "Vestigial Arms (Two)".
"Hoverskirt"!
TOM: Hah! Who in their right minds would buy a... hover... skirt...
Heeeeeeeeeeey!!!!!

[Both glare angrily at Crow]

CROW: [Defensive] What?!? *What*?!? Sheesh! You guys act like
there's something wrong with selling off pieces of your friends
for fun and profit! I mean - WHAT?!?!?

[Lights flash]

MIKE: We *will* discuss this - count on it! But let's see what the
Terrible Trio needs first.
CROW: You two just don't *want* me to be happy!

[CASTLE FORRESTER - Pearl and Bobo are watering what looks to be a
series of potted plants]

PEARL: Ah, Nelsaurus. You've caught us in the middle of our gardening.
BOBO: Oops, looks like this one's got aphids.
PEARL Well, you know what to do!
BOBO: Right! [begins picking the aphids off and eating them]

[SOL - Tom & Crow are in the background, glaring at each other]
MIKE: Gee, Pearl, no Venus Flytraps?
CROW: Cretin!
TOM: Jerkwad!

[CF]
PEARL: Hah! No thanks! I've seen that "Little Shop" thing! No
Audrey II's for me, thanks! Sorry, Michael, you're a bit early,
and I'm afraid. I really haven't had time to select a good
experiment for you, but I can -

[Observer enters, wearing an "Assimilate This!" T-shirt under his robe
and a baseball cap. And a smaller baseball cap on his brain. He's also
carrying a squirt bottle labeled "Brain Juice".]

OBSERVER: Well, I'm off, Pearl. Have a good time, um, doing whatever
it is you're doing.
PEARL: Hey, hold on there, Pasty! Where do you think you're going?
OBSERVER: Oh, "Toy Story 2" is playing over at the Oblongataplex 20.
I thought I'd go check it out.
PEARL: Well think again, Brainiac! I've got a little chore for you.
[picks up a box of videotapes] Here, these are potential experiments
for our orbiting lab rats. I need you to review them.
OBSERVER: [setting down his brain & Brain Juice to take the box] Good
heavens, Pearl, there are dozens of tapes here!
PEARL: Yep! Lots of nice, juicy stuff - "Cape Canaveral Monsters",
"Space Truckers", "Project: Metalbeast", "The Last Days of
"Planet Earth", "Yor", even advance copies of "Deep Blue Sea" and
"Supernova"! Those spacebound clowns won't know what hit 'em!
OBSERVER: Um, Pearl, this *is* my day off, you know.
PEARL: Not any more. Now get cracking!
OBSERVER: But -
PEARL: I'm prepared to revoke Oreo privileges!
OBSERVER: *sigh* Very *well*, Pearl! Honestly... [Brainy picks up his
Brain and puts it on top of the box, leaving the Brain Juice behind]
PEARL: Boy, you let a guy take off one day a year, and he gets all
snooty and stuff!
BOBO: [approaches with plant in hand] Okay, Lawgiver, this plant's 100%
aphid-free!
PEARL: Oh, very good, Booboo. But you can't be too careful so [tosses
plant over he shoulder, where it lands with a *crash*]
BOBO: My nasturtiums!
PEARL: Ah, they're a dime a dozen. Now why don't you water the survivors.

[Bobo looks around, spots the Brain Juice and ambles off with it]

PEARL: Anywho, Mikey-Bo, I've got a couple of small rant type things
to tide you over until Brain Guy finishes. A short piece about
the evils of progress called "Five Facets of a Myth". But first,
an even shorter piece called "Rent Strike 2000", which is ominously
goofy - or goofily ominous. Whatever. Savor the pain.

[SoL]
CROW: Okay, fine, I've canceled all the auctions, and I've refunded
all the checks, and my dreams of that little villa in the Alps
are shattered. Does that satisfy the obscene need you two have
to *hurt me*?!?
TOM: Not even close, pal!

[Lights flash]

MIKE: Save it for later, fellas!
ALL: WE GOT RANT SIGN!!!!!!!!

[Chaos, doors, etc.]

[6] {5} (4) <3> |2| O

[All enter]

CROW: All I wanted was some extra scratch!
MIKE: Maybe you could try selling Home Interior.

>From: sal....@prodigy.net[SMTP:sal....@prodigy.net]

MIKE: [singing] My gal Sal...
Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00
Bill Livingston wrote:
oh wait, you need

.

> > By natural law, we are all wealthy and serve no one but the
> >Creator.
> >

> CROW: BBI?
> MIKE: You know, if you don't stop picking at the fourth wall, it'll
> never get better.

LOL

> > Many fifteen-
> >year-olds today, seeing clearly the perils with which modern technology has
> >accompanied its progress, some of which threaten the very continuance of
> >the human species, have already worked out for themselves what's wrong with
> >the myth.
> >

> MIKE: Namely, that it won't score them any chick action.

Right on!

--
Thomas Cox
MSTie #83019

When Heinz ketchup leaves the bottle, it travels at a rate of 25
miles per year.

Go with God. (my car's full...)

I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence.
There's one called brightness, but it doesn't work.