[MSTing] FFFFFF! (Part 4 of 6)

Shay_...@letterbox.com

Jan 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/1/99
to mne...@engin.umich.edu
< - - - - - - - - - - Designed for a 78-letter line size - - - - - - - - - - >
The Final Fantasy Fan-Fiction Fun Fest!
MSTing by Shay Caron
Part 4 of 6: "Final Fantasy III: The New Returners", Part 2

[ Everyone enters the theater. ]

CROW: Oh, *boy*, are we ever desperate.
MIKE: Look, just shut up, okay?

> Final Fantasy III:
> The New Returners

TOM: Hey, they got a new supply of Returners in at the mall!

> We last left our heroes preparing to do battle against the armies of the
> most evil being ever to call their universe home, Zarok:

MIKE: Zarok the Colon.
CROW: Is he gonna talk now?
TOM: I think you're still stuck in script mode.

> a ruthless, evil
> man-beast, whose name literally means "ultimate horror" in the Vehssian old
> tongue. Now, we travel to this corrupt despot's lair...

TOM: Corrupt despot. Now *that's* fun to say.
CROW: I wanna be a corrupt despot when I grow up.

> Part 2

MIKE: Whoop-De-Doo.

> Zarok sat on a richly embroidered Denubian carpet in his dim chambers,
> contemplating his latest attack...

CROW: [ Zarok ] Hyuk, we're gonna kick their butts.

> He wondered how he could put the land
> of Figaro to work, once it was one of his provinces.
> Zarok was a beastman, a bloodthirsty, hideous result of one of the first

MIKE: I'm gonna guess "alien abduction".

> horribly botched experiments of the Empire to imbue humans with Esper
> powers.
> He had once been human, a citizen of Figaro, and a soldier under King Edgar
> III...but of course, Edgar IV--the present king--knew nothing of that.

TOM: He hasn't got much on the ball, if you know what I mean.

> Edgar
> IV also didn't know that Edgar III had executed Zarok's mother and brother,
> after Zarok had defected to the Empire...and he also didn't know that now,
> Zarok was out for revenge.

CROW: Are we supposed to feel sympathetic?

> Of course, as it was said, vengeance was a dish best served cold.

MIKE: Wait, that's sushi.

> Bit by
> bit Zarok had amassed an empire, and an army, and now, revenge would be
> his.
> And it would be sweet.

MIKE: You're not supposed to put *that* much sugar in the cake mix!

> * * *
>
> Everyone rushed around in a frenzy, hurrying to put on armor, sharpen
> blades,

CROW: Turn off all the lights...
MIKE: Remind the neighbors to pick up the mail...
TOM: Program the VCR...

> and the like. Terra, already in her usual armor, picked up her Atma Weapon
> from the armory and rushed over to the dungeon.
> She rushed to the cells of Crono and company, and began to unlock them.
> "Hey, what gives?" asked Crono as she came to his cell. "I thought we were
> prisoners."

MIKE: [ Terra ] We're downsizing.

> "You are," said Terra as she rushed from cell to cell, "but Zarok of the
> Zenobian Empire is going to attack soon,

CROW: Nice how Zarok gave them all this advance notice to prepare, eh?

> and we can use all the help we can
> get."
> "So...we art free?" wondered Glenn aloud as he meandered out of his cell.

TOM: No way! You gotta pay to go to the museum just like all of us.

> "For the time being," Terra replied. As she unlocked the last cell, she
> said,
> "Now follow me. I'll show you to the armory, where your weapons are.

MIKE: [ Terra ] And to the weaponry, where your armor is.

> And
> also, I wouldn't expect much help from everyone else during the battle. Most
> of them still don't trust you."
> "Yeah, I kinda thought that would be the case," muttered Crono as he and
> the others followed Terra out.

CROW: Geez, they're only prisoners. What's not to trust?
MIKE: Yeah, they're pulling all their homicidal maniacs out of jail to go
fight for them.

> * * *
>
> Edgar stood next to the armory door, his armor polished and his spear in
> hand, as he directed people in and out of the armory. On the other side
> stood
> Percy, now wearing a glossy black chestplate over his tunic.

TOM: You're not supposed to wear clothes under armor! Are you?
MIKE: Don't look at me. I haven't been to the Ren-Fest for years.

> As Edgar
> directed
> the 'traffic,' as he called it, he noticed several peculiar figures
> gradually
> getting closer to the door.
> When they finally reached the door, he wasn't very happy about who they
> turned
> out to be.

TOM: [ Edgar ] Cloud and Tifa? You're not due here until the *next* FF game!

> "Why, it's...you!" he exclaimed in a mixture of surprise, amazement, and
> contempt.
> "Yes, it's us," said Terra as she approached. "Who else would it be?"
> "Well," Edgar said through clenched teeth, "perhaps some people who're not
> supposed to be in prison."

MIKE: Well, that does make a certain amount of sense.
CROW: Not where plot contrivances are concerned!

> Magus elbowed his way to the front of the group, and Edgar could see the
> hate glowing in his narrowed eyes as he spoke. "You know, this security is
> highly unnecessary. After all, if I wanted to kill you, you'd already
> be dead."

CROW: Oh, that's mature.
TOM: Yah, he's gonna trust you now!

> Edgar narrowed his eyes to match. "Fine," he said gruffly. "Get in and get
> your weapons. And hurry up."
> Everyone filed in and retrieved their things.

MIKE: [ as the characters walk past Edgar ] Moron.
CROW: Dickweed.
TOM: Wuss.

> At last, they were prepared for battle.

MIKE: Oh, didn't I tell you? The war was called on account of rain.

> * * *
>
> Funsworth, burdened by the weight of Zarok's Brunhild Sword,

TOM: The Sword of Brunhilda?
CROW: [ begins to opera sing ]

> not to mention
> his own dagger and coat of chain mail, stumbled into his master's chambers.
> Funsworth was closely related to a rare Vehssian race of elves, and thus,
> stood barely three feet tall.

MIKE: Aww, he's so cute!
TOM: Are you a good Funsworth? Yes you are!
CROW: It's Trumpy!

> However, he was a master with many weapons,
> and a deadly opponent in battle. That was why Zarok had chosen him, out of
> all his soldiers, to be his personal bodyguard--as if Zarok really needed
> such a thing.

CROW: Any attackers'll just bounce right off his ego.

> His main uses for Funsworth were to retreive his sword and
> listen to his evil plots, which Funsworth enjoyed immensely.

TOM: He's the perfect henchman.
CROW: [ Funsworth ] Eee hee hee hee, yes, Master! Hee hee!

> He hoped Zarok
> would have another one for him today.
> "There you are, Funsworth," said Zarok as he got up from his favorite carpet
> and lit the fireplace. On his face was a friendly, though bestial, smile
> of recognition.
> "Here's your sword, sir, as you requested," said Funsworth as he laid the
> sword down, happy to have its weight off his hands.
> "Excellent," said Zarok.

MIKE: [ Zarok ] You get a cookie.

> "Has it been sharpened?"
> "Of course, sir," Funsworth replied.

CROW: [ Funsworth ] Um, duh.

> He normally would have said more, but
> he sensed that his master wasn't in the mood. "S--something...wrong, sir?"
> he finally stammered, and pushed a lock of jet-black hair back under his
> iron helmet. He hoped Zarok wouldn't become angry, and rip his heart out
> of his chest...

TOM: Or make him listen to Kenny G!

> After all, that was what Zarok had done to the last bodyguard who'd annoyed
> him.
>
> * * *
>
> Magus swung his scythe too swiftly for the eye to see, cleanly cutting in
> half the white cloth Terra and Setzer were trying to rip apart into
> bandages.

CROW: [ Terra ] Hey, my bedsheets!

> After the disappearance of magic, they had found it necessary to use
> conventional medical techniques instead of healing spells. Magus thought
> it a pity, but it didn't matter much to him, since he knew no healing
> techniques
> at all.

TOM: The jerk.

> "You know, we could have done that ourselves," whined Setzer as Magus
> lowered
> his scythe. "I'm sure you could have," said Lucca, who was standing beside
> Magus, "but it's considerably easier this way, don't you think?"
> Setzer grumbled something under his breath that wasn't meant for anyone to
> hear,

MIKE: Umm, no?

> but Magus's ears picked up a little of it. "...outsiders...think they
> can tell us what to do...little pipsqueaks..."
> Magus ignored the swearing that followed as he continued to cut bandages.
>
> * * *

CROW: Aww, they bleeped it out.

> Funsworth ran down the dank passageways of the main barracks, finally
> reaching
> the soldiers' quarters.

TOM: [ Funsworth ] The soldiers' dimes are not far off.

> He moved quickly from the meeting room to the mess
> hall and through the bedrooms, and finally reached the storage room.
> He searched through piles and piles of old uniforms,

CROW: [ Funsworth ] They really oughta do the laundry in here!

> discarded weapons, and
> Tonics past their expiration dates

MIKE: That's gotta be some sort of Health Code violation!

> until he finally found his trunk.
> It was very old, inscribed with a poem in the Vehssian old tongue.
>
> Translated into English, it read:

MIKE: O-day ou-yay eak-spay ig-Pay atin-Lay?
CROW: Ooh ee, ooh ah ah, ting, tang, walla walla bing bang.

> If ever in your wildest dreams
> you've dreamt of something new,
> A thing no one has ever seen--
> then let that thing be you.

TOM: Sooo... you're a dream that no one saw?

> Funsworth didn't really understand the inscription, which dated from before
> the War of the Magi, but he thought it was pretty just the same.

MIKE: [ stupid voice ] Pretty poem...

> However,
> it was what was inside the chest that really mattered to him.

TOM: Little Debbie's! Little Debbie's!

> He opened it, and ckecked to see that everything was in place--his prized
> quicksilver boomerang, his set of eight forged-ruby throwing knives, and
> a spiked glove that he had obtained from the Mana Knight, among other
> things.
>
> He dug deeper into it, and finally found what he was looking for--

CROW: [ Funsworth ] Ah, *here's* that dress!

> quiverfull
> of all-but-nonexistent Fire Arrows

MIKE: [ Funsworth ] Ow, ow, ow, Fire Arrows, ow, ow, ow.

> and his favorite long bow, made with the
> strings of one of the Twin Harps. He picked up the bow, secured the quiver
> on his back, grabbed his item pouch from the chest, and scurried out of the
> room.

MIKE: I have yet to see someone actually "scurry".

> * * *
>
> Marle stood on the highest turret of Figaro Castle, waiting beside Crono,
> Lucca, and the others as they searched for Zarok's troops to arrive. "How
> long we wait?

CROW: [ Yoda ] Wait we must, yes?

> Ayla want fight soon," said Ayla, who was sitting on the
> tower's stone floor.
> "We don't know how long we'll be here," said Lucca, who was scanning the
> horizon

TOM: To put on her web site.

> with her patented Celesto-Scope binoculars (her 485th patent, for
> your information).
> Marle leaned over the side of the tower to watch Magus, who was hovering
> just below the tower level and was observing Edgar's troops more closely
> than he was watching for Zarok's.

MIKE: Stop trying to see down Terra's armor!

> Lucca leaned over the side as well and
> called to him, "Hey, try to keep on task, all right?" He didn't respond.
> Suddenly, Crono rushed over to their side. He pushed his way to the edge
> of the tower and yelled down at the soldiers below, "Hey guys, I've got two
> words for you:

TOM: Got milk?
CROW: Buy bonds?
MIKE: Bite me?
CROW: Eat cheese?
TOM: Frog baseball?
MIKE: Pizza pizza?
TOM: White meat?
MIKE: Two words?
CROW: Dog breath?

> heeeeere's Zarok!"

ALL: I was gonna guess that!

> * * *
>
> Funsworth rode astride his black chocobo, adorned in his finest platinum-
> and-gold
> battle armor studded with emeralds and rubies.

TOM: He collapsed under its weight and died. The end.

> His chocobo was decked out
> as well, in a matching ornamental harness, bridle, and saddle.

CROW: And a cute little straw hat.

> He rode in
> front of Zarok's first wave of troops, numbering around one thousand men.
> Zarok himself rode just in front of Funsworth,

MIKE: 'Cause it makes sense to have the boss be the first one who's going to
get attacked... Wait, why does it make sense?

> also on a black chochobo and
> wearing his finest set of silver Minerva armor.

TOM: He's so decadent, he's got mink armor.

> Zarok had explained to Funsworth that the first wave would storm in from
> the north, followed by a smaller force coming from the south. Funsworth
> wondered
> who was leading that regiment--

CROW: Me! I am!

> since as far as he knew, Zarok and himself
> were the only soldiers qualified to lead troops to war--

CROW: I decide who lives and who dies. That should count for something!

> but he didn't have
> time to wonder any longer.
> They were approaching Figaro Castle.

CROW: [ singing ] Figaro Figaro Figaro--
MIKE: [ smacks him ] Cut it out.

> * * *
>
> Magus stood at the steps of Figaro Castle's entrance, listening to the quiet
> but nervous conversation making ripples through the crowd of soldiers like
> a stone dropped into water.

MIKE: Great, now I have to pee.

> King Edgar, who was standing in front of the
> crowd, cleared his throat and motioned for silence.
> "Excuse me, everyone, but I'd like to start," Edgar said.

CROW: [ Edgar ] Ahem: row, row, row your boat...

> The entire crowd
> fell silent. "Now, if I may go on," he continued, "our lookouts have spotted
> some scouts and troopers coming from the north,

ALL: [ falsetto ] Buy cookies?

> but supposedly there are
> more coming from a different direction. Our reconnaissance officers will
> give you more information."

TOM: And whatever you do, don't buy their cookies!

> At that he stepped away from his spot and Percy, Setzer and Locke stepped
> in. Percy started to speak. "Our chief spy here, Locke, stuck around in
> Zarok's capital after we left and got more information on the attack," he
> said. "I'll let Locke tell you about it."

MIKE: So what was the point of having him there?
CROW: [ Locke ] The thin mints really are the best ones.

> Locke cleared his throat, and spoke. "From the info I've been able to get,
> I think Zarok's troops are gonna attack from two sides: the first big force
> will come in from the north, and then a smaller bunch will come in from the
> south and mop up whatever's left.

CROW: Oh my god, it's an army of janitors!

> At least that's what they think they'll
> do.

TOM: [ Locke ] I hid their mops.

> "Anyway," he continued, "both Zarok and his bodyguard, Funsworth, will come
> in with the first wave. We don't know who's leading the second wave, so when
> it gets here, keep your eyes open for somebody who looks like a general,
> and--"

CROW: What does a general look like, exactly?
MIKE: Oh, a lot like the others. They're not *generally* different.

> But before he could finish, Terra sauntered up to the front of the crowd.
> "I have a clue as to who the general might be," she said.

TOM: [ Terra ] Professor Plum with the Candlestick in the Library.

> "Aw, not this premonition stuff again," Magus heard Locke mumble.
> "The general," Terra said, "is someone closely connected to him."

CROW: They're Siamese twins!

> She pointed.

MIKE: Look, you point with your *index* finger--hey!!

> She was pointing straight at Magus.

CROW: [ Magus ] Ow! My eye!

> * * *
>
> Zarok's long, sharp teeth glinted in his mouth

TOM: He's chewed one too many wintergreen Life-Savers.

> as he smiled at the thought
> of his upcoming conquest. He stepped off his chocobo and into the sand. He
> drew his Brunhild Sword, and watched as Edgar's soldiers approached.

MIKE: [ Zarok ] I can take 'em.

> He could see that they were ordinary castle guards. Obviously, Edgar was
> saving the best for last. Excellent tactics, Zarok thought to himself,

CROW: Yeah, like when the bad guy doesn't use the ultimate weapon until the
last minute. Sheesh.

> but in the end they will not matter.
> "Charge!" he shouted.

TOM: [ soldier, shouting back ] Where's the outlet?

> His infantry drew their weapons and started to mix
> it up with the Figaro soldiers. Then, little by little, members of Figaro's
> elite group of do-gooders started trickling out of the castle.

MIKE: Thanks, now I *really* have to pee.

> The Returners.

CROW: That's nice.

> Then, Zarok picked up a strange new scent with his beastly nose. The scent
> of...

MIKE: Peppermint.

> something new. Someone new. In fact, several someones. But who?
> He started to walk toward the castle, fending off soldiers as he went.

> He
> was going to find out.
>
> * * *
>
> Magus moved to a fighting stance, his teeth clenched, all his senses
> sharpening

MIKE: Along with his sword.

> for battle. He had spent the better part of his life perfecting his fighting
> technique, and it wasn't about to fail him now.

TOM: 5 bucks says it does.
CROW: You're on!

> The enemy soldier swung his sword, clumsily, it seemed to Magus's finely
> attuned senses. Magus quickly dodged, and swung his scythe. The soldier's
> head dropped to the ground, with barely any blood.

TOM: Dang.
CROW: Pay up.

> Terra turned around. "That's...kind of gross," she said as she looked down
> at the beheaded soldier.

MIKE: [ Terra ] Ew, it's icky.

> "I read that your friend Celes used to do the same thing when she was with
> the Empire," Magus countered, whipping out a handkerchief and wiping the
> blood off his scythe.
> "I see you've learned our history pretty rapidly," Terra said softly.

TOM: [ Magus ] I read all of your history books in 3 seconds with my *mind*.

> "Well," said Magus, "your war chronicles were handy in the castle library,
> and I make it my business to read every book I can get my gloves on,

CROW: [ Magus ] Even though that goes completely against my characterization
in the game...

> so..."
> He shrugged awkwardly, as if he wasn't used to acting casual.
> Magus heard quiet shuffling behind him, and ducked just as an enemy
> soldier's sword swung over his head.

MIKE: [ Magus ] My hair!!

> "I guess we'd better concentrate on the battle," said Terra as she turned
> around to face another foe.

TOM: [ foe ] Um, hello? Anyone home? I'm not doing this for my health, you
know.
CROW: [ Terra ] Yeah, yeah, I'm talking here. Do you mind?

> At that moment, Magus could have sworn he felt a hint of some strange new
> emotion course through him.

CROW: Eww!
MIKE: That's it. I gotta go to the bathroom. [ stands up ]

> How peculiar, he thought as he beheaded another foe.

MIKE: Yeah, whatever. Hold down the fort for me, bots. [ leaves ]

> * * *

TOM: Get back soon!
MIKE: [ off-screen ] I will!

> Edgar thrust his spear through the flimsy chain mail of his opponent,
> quickly
> pulled it out, and edged away.

CROW: Hey, we saw this already!

> He never stuck around long after an enemy
> had been defeated. Having to look at the blood was bad enough...

CROW: He's allergic to the color red.
TOM: He's a bull?
CROW: No...

> He trotted away and circled the area, looking for another potential foe.
> Not seeing anyone on the northern side at the moment, he ran over to the
> south side,

TOM: Which way is that again?

> where Zarok's second wave had just begun to arrive. He saw the
> mysterious new general--or what he could see of the general, since whoever
> it was was wearing a long hooded cloak--

CROW: Little do they know the new general is Obi Wan Kenobi.

> slaughtering one of his men,
> strangling
> him with gauntleted hands.

CROW: Maybe it's Darth Vader.
TOM: [ Darth Vader ] Your lack of faith... eh, you know the rest.

> Edgar raised his spear and charged.

BOTS: So take away his credit card!

> * * *
>
> Magus saw what happened at the last possible moment.

TOM: So, too late to react, right?

> That new general, whose
> aura seemed so eerily familiar, was conjuring a Dark Flare spell--a spell
> that would seriously injure, and maybe even kill, Edgar if it hit him.

CROW: Oh well, let's go get a snack.

> Bluish-violet plumes of flame burst from her fingers as he watched.

TOM: That's gonna leave a mark.

> As Edgar charged, oblivious to the danger,

CROW: [ Edgar ] Dahhh...

> Magus charged as well. He pushed
> the King of Figaro out of the spell's path, taking the full brunt of the
> damage, and immediately collapsed on the ground.

TOM: [ Magus ] Tell... Mother... I love her...

> In a clearly female voice,

CROW: Edgar screamed!

> the general exclaimed, "What!? Him AGAIN!?"

TOM: [ general ] Robin Williams is in *another* movie?!

> Then
> she seemed to regain her composure. "Well, no matter. He won't ruin me this
> time. Boys, take him away." The general's bodyguards

TOM: Two guys named Vinnie.
CROW: [ general ] Vinnies, please take care a' dis mug.

> stepped out from behind
> her, picked Magus up, and loaded him onto the general's chocobo.
> Edgar, petrified with astonishment, stood there and watched the whole thing.

CROW: [ Edgar, dumb ] String tastes funny.

> * * *
>
> "HOW COULD YOU JUST STAND THERE!?" Terra screamed at Edgar, who was
> standing beside her at the castle steps.

TOM: [ Edgar ] Like this.

> Her throat was sore after shouting
> out orders to soldiers all afternoon, but she had to be firm.

CROW: Oh, she *is*.

> This was an
> important matter.
> "I'm sorry." Edgar looked down at his armored feet.

TOM: [ Edgar ] I've got *such* an itch under that armor!

> "I don't know what came
> over me. I...I just froze."
> Suddenly, Marle came running from the south side of the castle.

CROW: [ Marle ] There's a phone call for Magus. Have you seen him?

> "We've managed to beat them back!" she exclaimed happily. "They put up a
> good fight, but eventually they ran out of healing potions, and Zarok told
> them to retreat.....um...something wrong? You guys look awfully
> glum."
> "Do you want me to tell her, Edgar?" Terra asked.

TOM: [ Edgar ] You kidding? I'm sure not gonna tell them that I let their
friend get capt--oops.

> Edgar nodded, not taking
> his gaze from his shoes.
> "Well," said Terra, "that new general, the one Locke warned us
> about..."
> "Yes?" said Marle.

TOM: She ate all our ice cream! There! I said it!

> "She...kidnapped Magus," Terra finished quickly. Marle gasped, and ran back
> over to the south side of the castle.
> "I hope they don't take it too hard," Terra said.

TOM: [ Marle ] Yes! He's gone!
CROW: [ Crono ] Get the hats and party favors!

> Terra and Edgar heard loud sobbing coming from the castle's south side.
> "I feel just wicked," Edgar moaned.
> You deserve it for the way you treated Crono and his friends, Terra
> thought as she entered the castle.

TOM: What happened to Mike?
CROW: Did he fall in?

> * * *

TOM: Hey, Mike, get back here! [ zips out ] <clank> Help me over the grate,
Crow.
CROW: Fine. [ Crow reaches over and pushes Tom away from the grate. ]

> Marle blew her nose on Crono's borrowed bandana as she knelt on the ground.

CROW: [ Crono ] Hey, I didn't--ick!

> Why do things like these always happen to Magus? she wondered silently,
> while tears streamed down her cheeks.

CROW: The author is a sad, strange creature?

> He's been through enough!
> Lucca, who was standing beside her, tried to comfort her. "Try looking at
> it this way," she said. "He's probably still unconscious, so he doesn't know

CROW: Much of anything.

> he's been captured, and if he doesn't know he's captured, then in theory,

CROW: We're in for some wacky comedy, folks!

> he can't suffer!"
> Marle sobbed loud enough to wake Lavos.

CROW: [ Lavos ] Whaddaya want? I'm in the middle of my half-eon beauty sleep!

> Lucca's so-called
> 'scientific' explanations made her miserable every time.
> Just then, Edgar walked around from the castle's north side. He knelt beside
> Marle, took her hand in his, and softly said,

CROW: [ Edgar ] I'm glad he's gone.

> "Please don't cry.
> I..."
> He stopped to sigh. "I'm really, really, REALLY sorry.

CROW: Yeah, but is he sorry?

> We'll get him back
> before anything happens to him. I promise."
> Marle looked up at him, and knew he was sincere. "Well," she said softly
> through her tears, "now...now you're sure we aren't the
> enemy...right?"

CROW: [ Edgar ] Wrong! Toss 'em back in the prison.

> Edgar looked solemnly into her eyes. "Magus saved my life," he said. "I give
> you--all of you--a full pardon. On the spot. I really am sorry."

CROW: Oh, great, the newcomers get their way *again*. Where've I seen this?

> Out of the corner of her eye, Marle saw Terra watching them from behind the
> corner of the castle.
> She was smiling.

CROW: Where are those two? I can't keep this up forever!

> * * *

CROW: Guys! This isn't funny! [ stalks out ] Geez!

> End of Part 2
>

> We're not done yet! What will become of Zarok, the mysterious general...and
> Magus?? Find out in Part 3!
>
> Need a sample? Here goes!
>

> Wake up, prophet...
> Wake up...
> Wake up......
> "Wake up!" a voice shouted at Magus. His eyes snapped open, and he saw
> immediately that he was in a jail cell. The person who'd been yelling at
> him was the mysterious, cloaked general, who was standing over him.
> "Ungh...did you call me...prophet?" he asked her as he sat up. Or at least,
> he tried to sit up. As soon as he did, he felt unbearably woozy and laid
> down again.
> "Correct," the general answered. Magus was unnerved. There was something
> so familiar about that voice, that aura...
> Suddenly, Magus's world went black.
>
> * * *

[ MST3K planet bumper, with no music. Commercials ensue. ]