[MST] [PG] [AD] Chain and Rechain [1/3]

Natalie Welch

Jun 6, 2001, 3:36:37 PM6/6/01

It's time for Mystery Email Theater 3000!!!!

Continuity: Standard late SciFi Channel -- Mike, Castle Forrester, et
cetera.

Rating: PG

Send comments and critiques to nwe...@greenapple.com. This is my
first MiSTing . . . in a while. I did one back in college, around '95
or so, but it's been lost to the ether, and is not in either my
archives nor WS#9.

More details, disclaimers, et cetera, are at the end.

Grab some popcorn, and enjoy the reading!!

[SoL. All three robots are on the bridge. The guys are squabbling.]

TOM: I'm sick and tired of you!
CROW: Oh, yeah? Well, I'm sick and tired of all your clones running
around this ship!
TOM: Your singing in the shower sounds horrible! I'd rather wash
Pavarotti's back than listen to that one more time!
CROW: Oh, like *that* was possible.

[Tom lunges at Crow. They scuffle.]

GYPSY: Guys, ever thought that *I* have desires?
BOTS: [Pause long enough to say in unison] NO! [They resume.]
GYPSY: Maybe *I* want to get away from *you!!* [Groans in
frustration.]

[Mike steps just into view in front of Cambot.]

MIKE: [Softly over general bot squabbling. Hi. Welcome to Mystery
Email Theater 3000. This all started why Gypsy accessed the
specs for the SoL. It turns out that there was a second escape
pod hidden in the cargo bay. But it only seats one, and
everybody wants to get away from each other. I think I have a
way to solve this problem.

[Commercial sign.]

MIKE: We'll be right back. [Reaches over and taps commercial sign
light.]

COMMERCIAL:
Confessions presents: "Inshallah: Songs of the Muslim World." This
two-volume set gives you songs ranging from the Taliban classics
--- "Jihad Now!" and
--- "Why Are You Still Listening to This?"
to the feel-good classic
--- "Sunni Day."
Act now and we'll throw in The Artist Formerly Known as Cat Stevens,
aka Yusuf Islam, in a bonus CD:
--- Sing along to the classic anti-jihad protest classic,
"Blowin' in the Sand Storm."
--- Thrill to his cover of Christian artist Michael W. Smith's
nearly-ecumenical hit "Friends"!!!!
--- Weep at his response to the Rodney King beating and
aftermath, "Can't We All Just Get Along?"
But wait, there's more! Tell the operator that Mohammed is your
favorite prophet and get a CD of breakthrough Muslim rapper Mo' Hamm
Ed M, featuring
--- "Farrakhan This!" and
--- "Brotha's Bow Tie On Too Tight."
--- And feel your heart warm when you hear him rap with Christian
rappers DC Talk on "Props 2 Da Prophetz"!!
That's a four-voulme set for only $19.99!! Call within the next
twenty minutes and we'll throw in a beautifully-bound copy of the
Koran FREE!! Call the number at the bottom of your screen NOW!!!

[We're back. The SoL is darkened, lit only by simulated tiki torches
behind and a simulated council fire on the desk. All are packed and
ready to go. Guess why.]

MAGIC VOICE: Welcome back to "Who Wants to Leave the SoL?"!!
CROW: I do!!
TOM: Hush!
MAGIC VOICE: It's time to vote on who's to leave. Each of you will
go one at a time and show your vote to Cambot and explain why you
chose that person. And remember, you can't vote for yourself.
[Groans of disappointment all around.] Tom, you're first.

[Cambot moves to focus on the desk from an angle. Tom brings a folded
piece of paper in his beak. He drops it into the the pot on the
floor.]

TOM: There.

[Cambot peeks in. We see enough of the vote to discern that Tom voted
for Crow.]

TOM: Yeah, I voted for Crow. He can't sing worth a lick. And all
his sexual innuendoes. [Shudders.] The sooner he's off, the
better it will be for us. [Leaves.]
MAGIC VOICE: Crow, you're up.

[Crow comes over, shows his vote -- "Tom" -- and drops it in.]

CROW: I want Tom off the SoL. He nitpicks my grammar too much. He
doesn't lift a finger to help -- because he can't! He's *such* a
liability. And he has all those annoying dec-- er, clones --
running around. I want him and his spare bodies off! [Leaves.]
MAGIC VOICE: Mike, you're next.

[Mike comes and shows his vote: "Gypsy." He drops it in.]

MIKE: I voted for Gypsy because she's sweet and I feel she deserves
to go and see the world. [Leaves.]
MAGIC VOICE: And Gypsy, last but not least.

[Gypsy approaches ans shows her vote: "Mike." She drops it in.]

GYPSY: I voted for Mike because he's sweet and he won't last as long
as us robots up here. We can deactivate; he can't. [Leaves.]

[Cambot returns to standard view of the desk.]

MIKE: So, Magic Voice, who gets to leave?
CROW: Yeah, who?
TOM: Please let it be Crow!
CROW: Good, 'cause then I'll be away from *you*!

[They begin to scuffle, but Mike separates them.]

MIKE: [Straining against the angry lunges of the bots.] Come on,
Magic Voice, tell us!
MAGIC VOICE: Um . . . how can I say this . . .
TOM: It's Gypsy, isn't it?
CROW: No, it's Magic Voice!
MAGIC VOICE: No -- and how I wish I *can* leave -- but . . .

[Mads' sign flashes.]

MAGIC VOICE: [With relief in her voice.] Castle F is calling.
MIKE: [As he reaches for the mads' light.] Come on, Magic Voice,
tell us!

[Castle F. Pearl is at the computer.]

PEARL: [Looks up.] Oh, hi, Nerdson. I was going through Clayton's
things the other day and found some old log files of things he
did to the SoL. As much as I would like to see one of you go --
it would mean more pain for the losers -- I'm afraid Clay
jettisoned the second and only other escape pod right after Joel
escaped.

[SoL. Dissappointment all around.]

MIKE: But what about the shuttle that brought me up here?

[Castle F.]

PEARL: Took Clay back to earth after he dropped you off. Later sold
for scrap. SORR-EEE!! Mwha ha ha!!

[SoL.]

MIKE: Man, I was hoping to leave.
BOTS: [Unison, pointing at each other.] I hoped *he'd* leave!!

[Castle F.]

PEARL: Too bad. Say, Nelsbutt, I have a favor to ask of you.

[SoL.]

MIKE: Oh, ma'am?
BOTS: [Unison.] Suck-up.

[Castle F.]

PEARL: I hate spam as much as the next gal, and today, I got spammed
by three messages. I want you and your robot pals to work your
magic on them.

[SoL.]

MIKE: Um . . .
TOM: Don't do it, Mike!

[Castle F.]

PEARL: [Flirtatious.] Come on, Mikey, do it for Pearlsy-wearlsy. I
promise to go easy on you for a few days if you do-oooo. [Bats
eyelashes.]

[SoL. Crow is panting.]

MIKE: Ummm . . .
CROW: [Breathless.] Ohhh, Peeeaaarrll . . .
TOM: No! Don't do it! She's evil, I tell you!! Ee-villl!!

[Castle F.]

PEARL: Do it for Pearl, huh, Mikey?

[Bobo and the Observer walk behind Pearl, talking. Bobo has a bunch
of bananas; Observer has a paper.]

BOBO: So the Lawgiver can help me multiply this bunch of bananas into
a *million* of them?
OBS: Oh, yes. And all you have to do is send one of those bananas to
these five addresses, then send this note to as many chum-- er,
chimps -- as you can. Then the bananas will roll in!
BOBO: Oo-oo! Great! I'll go do it right now! [Leaves.]
PEARL: [Turning on Observer.] Gee, thanks, Brain Guy! You blew my
cover! [Faces the camera.] Alright, Nelson. The *real* reason
I want you to ridicule my spam is because I wish I has thought of
these schemes myself. Right now, the market is saturated to the
gills, so either I have to find another market, like Bobo's
ancestors, or contrive a way to kill it so I can pounce on an
amnesiac market of suckers in ten years' time! And I've enlisted
you and your bots as hitmen! NOW MIST THESE EMAIL!!!! BRAIN
GUY, SEND THE MAIL!!!
OBS: Um, ma'am, it's email. The Satellite of Love has Internet
access. Just forward it. You don't need me.
PEARL: YES, I DO!!! I NEED SOMEONE TO YELL AT!! NOW SEND THE
MAIL!!!
OBS: Yes, ma'am. [He uses his mind powers to send the spam-mail.]

[SoL. General chaos.]

ALL: WE GOT EMAIL SIGN!!!!

[The theater. They enter.]

MIKE: I really gotta get a firewall program for our broadband
connection.
TOM: Gee, I guess we'll never know who was voted off the SoL, will
we?
MIKE: Nah, I'll just review Cambot's tapes after this is over.