[MiSTied] Darkest Days part 6

Claye Hodge

Jan 6, 1995, 7:33:55 PM1/6/95
>From: "Lt. Cmdr. Corbett" <sco...@gl.umbc.edu>

MIKE: Oh no, she's into that Lieutenant Commander thing again.

>Newsgroups: alt.startrek.creative

CROW: alt.startrek.creative.PADDING!! Think about it.
TOM: I don't think I want to.

>Subject: STAR TREK : DARKEST DAYS (6)

MIKE: Part Six? Well, she IS trying to write a book or a novel, come to
think of it.

>Date: Fri, 4 Nov 1994 16:20:19 -0500

TOM: Why isn't this Corbett person like every other red-blooded American on
Fridays?
MIKE: We don't know whether this person is from America.
CROW: I don't know about you guys, but I'm seriously going with the opinion
that this person is NOT from Earth.

TOM: Hey Mike, We've seen this part already. Let's get something from the
fridge.
CROW: YEAH!!
MIKE: [sigh.] Well, Someone's got to stay in the theater, and since Crow's
arms are in the shop and Tom, your arms don't work. I'll go get some
stuff.
TOM: HEY!
[Mike gets up and goes off screen.]

CROW: It's the same, sad heading.
TOM: Yep. And to think, I was actually WONDERING where it was in part one.

[Mike comes back on-screen with his hands sorta full. He sits down.]

MIKE: Did I get back in time for the story?
CROW: Yeah. What did you get?
MIKE: Well, I brought some popcorn. Here's a bag of ramchips, and I brought
each of us a bottle of Coke.
[Mike gives Crow and Tom their drinks.]
CROW: I like to call it soda.
MIKE: DOOOHHHHHH!
TOM: Are those ramchips, the lightly salted ones??
MIKE: Yes.
TOM: Oooh! I'll take some.
[Mike hands Tom some ramchips.]

> [BEGIN PART VI]

CROW:[Chewing.] The popcorn is good. It needs just a liiittle more butter.

> CHAPTER NINE

CROW: BUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!
TOM: Ohhh YUCK!!
MIKE: PEEYEEEEWWWWW!
CROW: Sorry.

> "Commander Sisko, there is nothing we can say on the situation. It

TOM: Heh, there's BEEN nothing said on the situation, since part one.

>does appear that the Borg are making a move in the Gamma Quadrant, but

CROW: That IS more than I can say about this story.

>that be no means...

TOM: What????

> means that the Borg are coming through." the Andorian

MIKE:[sarcastic.] NO???? Really???

>Admiral said, leaning forward close to the view screen. He was agitated,

CROW:[Sisko.] I'm definitely buying a big-screen TV.

>irritated that Sisko had found out something he wasn't supposed to know.
>Now all he could do for the time, is deny that anything was taking place.

TOM:[Nixon.] I am NOT a crook!

> "Then, why, Admiral,"Sisko began, " is StarFleet sending six
>starships to this sector?". Sisko was eager to hear the explanation for

CROW:[Admiral.] Uhh.. Well, uh... They're tourists.

>this one. He found it hard to believe what he was being told by his
>superior officer, compared to what a vanishing person had said only an

TOM:[soft voice.] You will believe.

>hour earlier in his doorway.
> "Three of the ships are for protection against the Marquis, they

CROW: The other ships are there, just for looks.

>are : the Avenger, the Revere, and the Voyager. "the Admiral said. His
>command pips/pin sparkling in the lights that lit his office. They also
>happened to light up the droplets of sweat that were forming on his blue
>brow.

MIKE: Wow, that was very intrigueing.

> "And what of the other three...if I may ask, sir" Ben Sisko asked,

TOM:[Admiral.] They are: The Moe, The Larry, and The Curly.

>hestitating a bit, not wanting to make the admiral made. I don't even
>remember, he thought, his name. Damn.

CROW: Why.. I don't even remember MY name.

> "Commander, you tread a very thin line," the Andorian said, his
>slit like mouth turning slightly downward. "The other three are coming to
>survey the area around the wormhole better than before..." then the

MIKE:[announcer.] They're BACK! Better than EVER!!

>transmission started to break-up, just a little static at first, but then
>it worsened to the point that Sisko could no longer make out the face or

TOM: Darn batteries.

>the voice. Damn, he thought.
> Slapping his communicator,

CROW: Breaking it too, in the process.

> "Dax, what's happening...the
>transmission from StarBase 312 has broken up." he shouted, the static
>still loud in the background.

MIKE:[Dax.] I can't hear you because the transmission from StarBase 312 is
breaking up.

> Over the comm channel, he heard Dax, "Ben, it's being jammed at
>StarBase 312. There's nothing we can do."

TOM: It figures. No one has been doing ANYTHING in this fanfic.

> Sisko thought about that one, what was going on, who does the
>Admiral think he's fooling, Sisko thought,

CROW:[yelling.] What's happening to this family????

> he already told me that the
>Borg were coming, just not when. He's hiding something, he's hiding
>something big, he thought.

MIKE:[announcer.] Commander Benjamin Sisko, of Deep Space Nine doesn't
know that we've switched his coffee brand with NEW Folger's Crystals...
Let's watch!.

> "Dax, send Priority One Message to StarFleet
>Command HeadQuarters... on Earth.".
> "Ready when you are, Ben" she said. But Ben had to think, what

CROW: On your mark. Get set. GO!

>exactly was he going to say, that the admiral at StarBase 312...what was
>his name? T'Well? T'Welz? that's it... that Admiral T'Welz at StarBase

TOM: Ohhhh... WHAT was the name of that StarBase????

>312 was keeping vital information from him? that the Admiral was faking a
>jammed transmission, so not to give out that information? He thouht, I'll
>them the truth,

CROW: I WANT THE TRUTH!
TOM: You can't handle the truth!

> I'll tell them about the mysterious man, and the Admiral,
>and the ships that are being sent out here, and the fact that I believe
>the man about the Borg and the Jem'Hadar. Damn, he thought, this is
>turning out to be one hell of a week.

MIKE: Hey, I'll tell'em that too!

> *** *** *** ***
>
> "Captain to the bridge, Captain to the bridge" Worf called over the
>PA. He had had trouble with his communicator, something about the new
>design, they never seemed to work right when they brung out new ones. And

CROW: Man, these spelling errors are REALLY depressing!

>that went with these as well. He was forced with doing it the way they
>did it when this ship was originally in service.

MIKE: Did anyone get that?
TOM: No.

> Picard was already on his way to the bridge when Worf's booming
>voice filled the corridor. He walked out to the little comm station on

CROW:[Picard.] Owwwwwww, my ears...

>the wall as he waited for a 'lift to stop at this deck. He realized

TOM:[female voice.] FRESH!

>things were going to be slower, the ship was slower, but there were good

MIKE: The storyline was slower.

>enough reasons for it. He punched the little white knob in with the side
>of his hand and spke into the speaker, "Ackowledged, Mr. Worf. I'm on my

TOM: How do you spke into a speaker?
CROW: I don't know, I guess the same way you @@@@%%%%%**** into a speaker.
TOM: Oh.
MIKE: Lay off that device, Crow.
CROW: But you fixed it. It's better.
MIKE: I don't want to take any chances.

>way."
> Once Picard got to the bridge and settled down into the center seat,

MIKE: He put on his feet pajamas and went to sleep.

>he began giving orders on approach to Utopia Planitia, the largest ship
>building station in the Federation, also known as "the Yard". It took

MIKE: What would it be called if they had a big sale on ships, one day??
CROW: A YARD sale.
TOM: DOH!

>five minutes for them to get it right, but eventually the ship docked and
>was ready for the transfer of the new, twenty-fourth century warp drive,
>into the century old ship. After the ship had been steadied, and the
>gravitational moorings had locked, it was up to the "Yard Crew" to finish

TOM: I think they're pushing this "Yard" thing a little bit too much.

>the job. Only one problem remained,

CROW: There was no bathroom.

> the Chief Engineer hadn't shown up
>yet. And he was the only one who knew exactly how to calibrate and set

TOM: Some crew. They only have one Engineer, and he hasn't arrived???

>the engines to working order, something that would need to be done before
>they went anywhere.
> Two hours passed and still there was no word on where the ChEng was

CROW: ChEng???
MIKE: I think that's Chief Engineer, for short.
CROW: They could have simply said Chf. Eng. atleast THAT would have been
recognizable than ChEng.
MIKE: Remember Crow, this IS alt.startrek.creative

>at, another two hours and the warp core would be completely installed.
>The Chief had two hours to show, then he was going to have to face the
>wrath of Admiral Necheyev,

TOM: Ut Oh..
CROW:[singing.] He's in trouble!! He's in trouble!!

> alongside Picard. Time moved so slow on ships
>that aren't going anywhere,

MIKE: Well, don't ya think that's a little TOO obvious for the readers???

> Picard thought, especially when the ship is
>waiting for a single individual.
> Who finally showed up, forty minutes before the scheduled departure

TOM: Doctor Who???
MIKE: A who from _Horton hears a who_???

>time. It had better be enough time, he better have a damned good excuse
>for being so late, Picard thought,

CROW: Or we'll gob him to death.

> leaving the bridge for the transprter
>room.
>
> *** *** ***
>
> "Commander Sisko," Admiral S'Tral, a Vulcan,said," The mysterious
>individual that you speak of was one of the Founders who we have been

MIKE:[S'Tral] of this post. We're punishing him at this very minute.

>taking since he defected from the Gamma Quadrant three weeks ago." His
>stern, loud voice showed no sign of emotion, and he seemed to be at ease

TOM: No emotion, except for anger.

>giving out information that Admiral T'Welz of StarBase 312 had been
>reluctant to tell.
> "One of the Founders. A Changling, you mean?" Sisko was stunned, he

CROW: That's ChangELING.

>had felt like a little chill start at the bottom of his spine and work
>its' cold sweaty way up his back.

MIKE: Then it went along his stinky armpits, to his fingertips, and to
his side.

> He didn't know what caused it, the
>Admirals voice, or the facts he had just heard.
> "That is what I said, Commander."
> "So it's true?" Sisko asked, then paused and studdered to ask a

TOM: They're all against us.

>follow-up, " The Borg and the Jem'Hadar?"

MIKE: Yep, who knew they would fall for each other.

> "That seems to be the case. Intelligence indicates that the
>Jem'Hadar are adding 'Phasing/ Cloaking Devices" to their ships as well.

TOM: I can do that! Here I go![whoosh! Tom disappears.]
CROW: Ohhhh boy, he did this during "Gunslinger".
[Tom appears on Mike's lap.]
MIKE: WAH!
CROW: I hate it when he does that. [Mike puts Tom back in his seat.]

>StarFleet knows of only one culture that has successfully been able to
>construct such devices: the Romulans" the Vulcan said, looking to

CROW: The japanese.
MIKE: Crow!
CROW: They ARE doing good in the electronics industry.

>something off screen, then back again, " Which means that the Borg have
>successfully assimilated someone from inside the Romulan science

MIKE: But WHO????

>devision. The conclusion that the information passed from the Romulans to
>the BOrg to the Jem'Hadar is the only logical explanation." He was quite

TOM: Or the Borg simply assimilated a Romulan, and he happened to be from
the Romulan Science division.

>a stirring individual, Sisko thought, he's so calm and collective it's
>almost scarry.

CROW: Well, that's what happens when you pick at a scab.

> Sisko was silent for a moment, then decided to go ahead with the
>origianl question, "And those are the reasons for the ships?"
> "That is also correct, Commander." The Vulcan must have

MIKE:[gameshow host.] You win a free trip to Tahiti!!

>accomplished Kol'Hinnar, to be able to be... detached, Sisko thought.

TOM: Uh guys?? Do you think we should be listening to this?

>Bringing him back to reality, "Of course, StarFleet had given the order
>for the Voyager to assist you in the continuing problems of the Marquis a
>few months ago. It just so happened that she will be arriving with the
>other ships."

CROW: Well it's about TIME!

> "I see."
> "Commander Sisko, I've been instructed to give you the following
>orders." he paused to read directly from something offscreen, or most
>likely directly from memory,

MIKE: Or a tele-prompter. You decide.

> " To Commander, Deep Space Nine : StarFleet
>has come to the decision to evacuate all non-essential personal from the
>station. The Avenger, the Revere, the Voyager, the Houston, the Bounty,
>and the Quebec: will be given top priority at Deep Space Nine. You are to
>be their homebase. Orders will arrive with Captain Janeway, of the USS
>Voyager. Captain Janeway is in command of this mission, now named Task
>Force Beta. Thank you, StarFleet Command, General Defense Council, San
>Fransisco, Earth." He looked up and into the screen.

CROW: Uhhhhh.. Could you repeat that to me again?

> "Understood, Admiral." Sisko's head was swirling, he needed

TOM: That's definitely not good for his spine.

>sleep. At least the 'Task Force' as they were calling it wouldn't arrive
>for two more days.

MIKE: I bet that'll be quicker than the ending of this story.

> "Admiral S'Tral, StarFleet Command. Out." The screen went blue
>with the background of the Federation.
>

> [END PART VI]
> [GOTO PART VII]

MIKE: Come on guys. We gotta go.
CROW: Ok, can we get some more stuff from the fridge?
MIKE: Maybe later.

[Mike and the bots leave the theater.]

[1...2...3...4...5...6...7...]

[Crow is wearing a blue shirt, and fake Vulcan ears. Mike walks in.]
MIKE: Oh. Hi Crow, whatcha doin'??
CROW:[in the voice of Spock.] I am scanning the fanfic for any lifeforms,
Captain.
MIKE: Oooh. Uhhh, any luck?[Mike looks at Crow, with a confused look.]
CROW:[same.] Negative, Captain.
MIKE: Crow.. buddy, are you OK??
[Gypsy comes on-screen from right.]
GYPSY: MIKE! HEEEEELLPPP!!!!!
[Gypsy quickly goes off-screen to the left.]
MIKE: Gypsy, what's wrong???
[Tom comes on-screen from right.]
TOM:[in the voice of Shatner.] I.. need.. to love.
[Tom goes off-screen to the left.]
MIKE: What is going on with these two???
[Gypsy comes on-screen from the left.]
GYPSY: STOP HIM, MIKE!!
[Tom comes on-screen from the left. Mike grabs Tom and keeps him away from
Gypsy.]
MIKE: Gypsy, what's wrong with Crow and Tom??
GYPSY: Maybe it's the fanfic.
MIKE: Poor guys.. This fanfic must be really getting to them.
GYPSY: What can we do??
MIKE: I got an idea! [Mike goes off-screen. He then returns with something
behind his back.]
MIKE: Oooohhh Guyyyyys... Guess who I've got with me...
[Mike holds up Monkey puppet.] It's... [singing.] Joey, the lemur!
He's really GREAT! Joey the...
CROW:[Spock.] Lemur... A primate mammal of eastern hemisphere tropics. One
appeared in a movie "King Dinosaur".
MIKE:[sigh.] Maybe they need another robot companion. No offense, Gypsy.
GYPSY: That's okay, Mike.
[Mike goes off-screen again and returns with a blue robot.<ref. ep. 602
"Invasion USA"]
MIKE: Hey Guys, here's another robot companion for you.[Mike turns it on
but still holds it.]
ROBOT: DESTROY! DESTROY! DESTROY! DESTROY! DEST...
CROW:[Spock.] Robot... an efficient, automatic type of worker. This one in
subject, went horribly wrong.
MIKE:[Sighs, turns off the robot and throws him off-screen.] I give up,
Gypsy.
GYPSY: Let me try. [Gypsy goes off-screen and returns with a piece of paper
in her mouth.] Here,[muffled] try this.
MIKE:[Gets the paper from Gypsy, looks at it and shows it to the robots.]
TOM:[Shatner.] Spock. Spock... What.. is [back to his normal voice.] tha..
uhhh.. uhh....
CROW:[Spock.] I am not sure, Captain. It appear..[back to his normal
voice.] appears.... to be..uhh... uhh...
TOM & CROW: AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Tom and Crow run into each other in a panic, and then off-screen.]
MIKE: Works every time. [Turns the picture to where it faces the screen.
It's a picture of Twiki.] We've got commercial sign.[Taps commercial
sign button.]

[Commercials.]

[continued in part VII.]

Claye Hodge