MISTING: Um...

Mark Havens

Apr 13, 1994, 4:52:56 PM4/13/94
Fellow Misties -

Ok. Here's my first attempt at a misting, so be kind...I've only seen a small
handfull of episodes to draw any experience from, but I couldn't resist this
one teeny weeny opportunity to try it out.
Here goes -
>Article 1418 of alt.fan.mst3k:
>From: ur...@mcl.ucsb.edu (Patrick Joseph Coffman)
>Newsgroups: alt.fan.mst3k
>Subject: Um...

Crow: We're off to an eloquent start with this one already.
Tom: ...and I will pet him, and stroke him and name him George.
Joel: Come on guys, let's give him a chance.

>Date: 13 Apr 1994 17:26:28 GMT

Tom: Somebody, PLEASE tell me if anyone keeps track of these Message-ID's!
I'm writing this guy up.

>Well, I'm new to the newsgroup

ALL: Hi Patrick!

> and love the show yeah yeah stuff people
>always say like that.

Joel: Yeah, yeah, yeah...been there, done that....
Crow: "He loves me, yeah, yeah, yeah..."

>Anyway, I have a weird question:

Joel: I feel for that question...already labeled before it even has a
chance to present it self.
Tom: doomed from the start...

> what happend to Joel?!

All: AAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Joel: I'm right here!
Tom: Yep, I was right! Where's my pencil?
Crow: Pull!

> It seems like
>one day I turned it on

Crow: Turned what on?....Sorry..
Joel: But it only seemed like he had turned it on, it was just a part
of his imagination, right? right? please?

> and he had been replaced by Mike.

Joel: WHAT?!?! Why is he talking in the past tense? I'm still here, right?
Guys?!?!
Tom: Shhhh..there,there. it's ok...it was just a bad dream...go back to sleep.
Crow: Yeah, bad dream, that's it. That's the ticket. Morgan Fairchild is
my wife, too...yeah...

> I know Mike had
>always been the guy in the background during some of the Dr. Forrester /
>TV's Frank sketches, the guy who announces it on the MST Hour, and that he had
>also been a head writer always,

Crow: Now, is that "head writer, always" or "head, writer always"?
Tom: Hmm..."always been a head, writer", or "always been ahead, writer"..or
Joel: ok, we get the idea...

> but what the heck?
Joel: Yeah, what the heck! It's Miller time!
All: Party!

> Alla sudden

Tom: Is that like, Ali Babba? Open sesame stuff?
Joel: We can pretend.
Crow: Tom, bite me!
Tom: Hey! I was just trying to...
Joel: That's enough guys!

> he was in

Crow: Hell, surrounded by hell beasts! ha hahahahaha

>Joel's place

Joel: Dang! Now, I gotta go replace all the locks, my garage door opener. I
tell ya, somebody gets in you place, and it just turns your world
upside down.

> -- what is THAT deal?

Tom: I think it has something to do with the FDR presidency..and economics..
Joel: That's the "Raw" deal...back in the
Crow: Oh, like that Schwartzenager film..you know where he single handedly
wipes out the Chicago mob...and....sorry..did I interrupt?
Joel: Never mind.

>So I went to this screening here in SB,

Tom: South Berlin?
Crow: South Bacific?
Joel: "Bali Hi!!!!"

> and it was one that I had already
>seen (surprise) thanks to Comedy Central (who, BTW, I now despise,
>especially that fat prick Penn Julliard

Crow: founder of the esteemed music school, no doubt.

> --and I used to like him, too!),
>and I was outside and someone was talking about Joel, and I heard them
>mention that he died.

Joel: and this, and that, and, and, and, and,
Tom: Hit him, he's stuck.
Joel: and I died? Wait a minute...
Tom: Shhhh...sleep...sleep....
Crow: (whispering) never had a poodle, never had a poodle....

> Did they mean on the show, or in real life?!
Tom: Well, one or the other...

>In other words,

Tom: There's more?
All: AAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

> my odd question is this:

Joel: He has a thing about labeling, doesn't he?

> is Joel H. dead?!!
Crow: The butler did it! I think..
Joel: *PHEW* not talking about me...you guys know a Joel H.??
(Tom & Crow look at each other)

>Answers would be thankfully received.

Tom: but respectfully denied.
Crow: out of respect for the dead.
Joel: "Bring out your dead! Bring out your dead!"

>+-----------------------------------------------------------------------+
>The person who just wrote this is insane...

Joel: Ohhhh, that explains it.
> don't believe him;
Tom: our pleasure!
> he'll suck you
(Tom and Joel turn sharply to Crow)
Crow: (slinking down is seat) I wasn't going to say anything. Honest!

> in with him!!!!
Crow: Sounds like a party animal to me.

> Oh, yeah, and pass the salt, please. What day is it?
> --Famous quotes from the Coffman

All: *cough* *cough* *cough*

Joel: What do you think sirs?

Ok, ok, you got me. I didn't make these guys up. MST3K and these characters
belong to some Best Brains, Inc. folks - standard disclamer omitted for this
joke of a disclaimer. Fire away.

Mark & Tricia Havens | _ /| -ACK! | hav...@mozart.cs.colostate.edu
| \'o.O' -PFHHHT! |