MiSTed: "Devilism/Satanism In The Radio/Music Biz!!!"

Steve Brinich

Aug 16, 1994, 9:26:07 PM8/16/94
[SATELLITE OF LOVE -- Mike, Gypsy, and Crow are standing on the bridge
discussing something animatedly. Tom Servo pops up in the foreground.]

Tom: Oh, hi, everybody, and welcome to the Satellite of Love. Mike
and the other bots are arguing over the deep hidden meanings of the
old '50s space-invasion movies.

Crow: I grant you, the metaphor for Communist infiltration was part of
it, but I think you also have to consider fear of the underlying
social problems beneath the veneer of 50s America.

Mike: I think you're overanalyzing this, Crow--

[INCOMING CALL LIGHT FLASHES]

Mike: --but it'll have to wait till later; Eisenhower and Stevenson are
calling [hits call answer button].

[DEEP 13 -- Dr. Forrester and TV's Frank are bent over a table covered
with wiring and black boxes. About a dozen lines of standard TV
cable run between the gadgetry and a box on the wall. Dr. F looks up
from the electronic spaghetti.]

Dr F: [to Frank] Just plug in the inputs to the audiovideo processor and
plug the outputs to the monitor. [to SOL crew] Ah, hello! You're just
in time to witness my bid for global domination!

Crow: [sotto voce] What is this, the twenty-ninth one so far?
Mike: How is a bunch of studio equipment from Radio Shack going to help
you take over the world?

Dr F: As you can see, we're wiring Deep 13 into the cable TV system.
Before long, we'll be ready to hack into cable channels and substitute
our own signal.

Tom: Hey, neat! Maybe you can combine that with the Commerical Zapper
and get rid of those stupid Mentos ads....

Frank: Yeah, Steve, that'd be a real public service!
Dr F: Hah! What do I look like, Mother Theresa? No, I've got much more
ambitious and subtle plans.

Mike: What I don't understand is how you can mess with all those cable
broadcasts without getting caught.

Dr F: That's where the subtlety comes in, Minnow. I'll be sending what
looks like the same program, but with secret subliminal signals.

Crow: You mean, like brainwashing?

Dr F: Precisely! For starters, I'm patching into CNN right now. Every
time a politician makes a speech, it's overlaid with hidden sounds
and images designed to undermine the credibility of the U. S. Government.

Crow: Ahhhh... does the phrase "gilding the lily" mean anything to you?
Tom: Yeah -- that's like inventing a machine to pump water downhill.

Dr F: [annoyed] Well, since you aren't in an appreciative mood, why
don't I just give you something *nobody* would appreciate -- namely,
today's experiment.
Frank: This one's a Ras Mikael Enoch double-feature.

Crow: [nervously] Well... maybe I was a little hasty in my judgment.
Actually, that idea of yours looks really... interesting...
Mike: [to Crow] I don't think trying to suck up is going to help.

Dr F: [cheerful] I'm afraid *nothing* will help you through this, boobie!
Push the button, Frank!
Frank: [pushes the button]

[SOL -- USUAL ALARMS AND PANDEMONIUM]

[INCOMING DOOR SEQUENCE]

>From taf...@netcom.com Fri Aug 5 20:39:51 EDT 1994
>Article: 3331 of ba.broadcast
>Newsgroups: ba.broadcast,rec.radio.noncomm
>From: taf...@netcom.com (Ras Mikael Enoch)
>Subject: What goes around.... (Was: Lynn Gold @ KFJC)
>Date: Fri, 5 Aug 1994 19:36:25 GMT
>

>: Lynn Gold (fi...@netcom.com) wrote:

>: Well, this "corrupt" station sure as heck doesn't sound like the KFJC
>: *I* know and love!

[Mike and the bots enter the theater.]

>: Yes, there was someone in charge of Promotions, just as there is at any
>: pro station. Yes, this person is in charge of who gets into concerts
>: and events free when the station has a limited number of passes, but the
>: method in which they're doled out is pretty fair, IMHO.

Mike: This doesn't look like one of the Mads' experiments. Everything
makes sense, and it's written in coherent English.
Crow: Enjoy it while you can....

>: Everybody who works at KFJC has to put in eight hours of service/week.
>: If you don't put in your eight hours, you don't get to go to shows.

Tom: And get sent to bed without supper.
Mike: That was pretty weak.
Tom: I don't think the experiment's really started yet.

>: When there are a limited number of openings to a show, the following
>: criteria are used to determine who gets to go:

>: . who's been putting in the most hours/work
>: . who's been going to the most concerts

>: If someone is putting in a lot of hours and rarely asks for a freebie,
>: they pretty much get to go to whatever they want. If someone is putting
>: in a lot of hours and goes to lots of concerts, they may have to
>: bargain with the Promotions Director for an especially popular show.

Mike: Maybe we can bargain with the Mads for better posts.
Crow: Fat chance, Nelson!

>: This, IMHO, was MUCH better than what another station I worked at did where
>: they merely drew random names from everyone who was up to date with hours
>: who wanted to go to a show. When I was with KFJC, I always got into the
>: one or two shows/events a year I wanted to attend, whereas at this other
>: station I only got into one thing, and that was only because they had
>: lots of tickets.

>: KFJC was my third radio station. I thought they were pretty good.

>: --Lynn
>: Former KFJC Public Affairs Director
>: now with Metro Traffic, San Jose
>: --
>: Lynn Gold "net.fogey" fi...@netcom.com

>: "I want patience, and I want it NOW, DAMMIT!"

Mike: No more colons. Does that mean what I think it means?
Crow: 'Fraid so....

> I wonder if KFJC's management and staff feel regrets that you are
> the person that has brought their inside dealings to the public
> forum?

Crow: [ominous voice] Because now they'll have to kill you.

> Your misguided rant

Tom: ...cannot hold a candle to my laser-guided rants.

> concerning your adventure in the radio
> biz (KFJC), that was not the issue of contention, was only a sign
> that you wanted to expose a station's business.

Crow: You can read excerpts from Lynn's shocking expose' in the current
issue of _The National Enquirer_.

> We are so very happy
> for you Lynn and your experiences at KFJC. Do you speak for KFJC, or
> is your ex-titled position just that - ex?

Mike: Nah, my "ex"-titled position is actually "z"....

> Are you at KFJC now?

Tom: [exasperated] What part of "former" don't you understand?

> And if not, maybe the station might have wished that you were still
> a member - so that they could bridle your mouth.

Mike: Whoa!

> Your days at KFJC
> are general knowledge with people at ba.broadcast, etc.

Tom: Try though you might, your past will always catch up with you....

> For in a just
> or un-just seperation from a station, it can cause many an expose', to
> be ushered forth

Mike: So you should never fire anybody who knows your secrets?
Crow: [ominous voice] No... you should "terminate" them....

> in a continual shame that is only felt by the station
> itself, and those that are offensive at that particular station.

Mike: "Those that are offensive"? Like "shock jocks"?
Tom: Yeah, like *they'd* ever feel shame about anything!

> Certainly your information will increase the knowledge of other
> collegiate stations, that know not

Tom: ...and care not.

> of KFJC's internal workings -
> for you have been so enlightening to all of us over a period of time.
>

> Evil policies at stations are caused by evil people that work for
> certain stations. It isn't the station that is offensive.

Mike: Unless it carries Howard Stern's show.

> Exorcisms sometimes have to be conducted to rid offending stations
> of their heathen refuge,

All: Huh?!

> that only perpetuate the evil polices
> that drag a station down. Selfishness in regards to information
> that should be shared amongst the station, is an item of contention
> in many stations.

Tom: [official voice] All information will be disseminated on a
strict need-to-know basis.

> Individuals who are entrusted to conduct ticket
> business are usually the individuals who particpate in and are
> the ones who are fostering fraud, deceit, and in their fudging of

Mike: The station's financial records.

> names that are to be faxed or called into the individual clubs and
> venues. Stations that continually give power to such individuals,

Crow: ...train them for lucrative careers in politics.

> while driving others 'with' ethics away, are guilty of fostering
> an atmosphere of fraud and deceit. I really know nothing of KFJC,

Tom: Or anything else, for that matter.

> other than what you have stated Lynn. But in the big biz of radio,
> there will always be evil people in leadership positions. Sometimes
> devout satanists will inhabit the programming department of certain
> commercial and collegiate stations,

Tom: [fire&brimstone preacher voice] And they will play loud
ROCK-AND-ROLL MUSIC and turn the minds of the CHILDREN toward
SEX, and DRUGS, and PO'NOGRAPHY!!!
Crow: [stereotypical Holy Roller voice] Lawd ha' mercy!

> and in that, the problems will
> surface in backstabs against the righteous just. I know of a
> disc jockey that actually had his show taken from him on Halloween,

Tom: That's not a very nice treat.
Mike: I guess the program director played a trick on him.

> at the hands of this same satanic bitch

[All jump in shock.]

> who controlled programming
> for the station concerned. It was a complete backstab,

Crow: Unlike those messy partial backstabs.

> for never
> did the disc jockey hear of the conspiracy to take over his
> show, until the very last minute -

All: [gleefully] SURPRISE!!

> and with the incident, there were
> lies abound, concerning what actually transpired/preceeded the
> whole incident. The Holloween incident manifested itself in the
> 'total' replacement of this particular disc jockey.

Mike: His insurance wouldn't cover replacements for just specific
body parts.

> This Woman
> satanist, giving the fellow conspirer the position. Then there are
> the many other cliquish conspiracies

Crow: There's another kind?

> and made up allegations

Mike: Like all the ones in this post.

> and
> incidents, that enable the evil in power to oust the righteous
> just. I can imagine at KFJC, a college station, that muturity in
> the dealings between man and man, are painfully childlike and
> irrational.

Crow: If you think that's bad, you should see the dealings between
man and woman! It's like a bad soap opera!

> Is this true Lynn? You have been so very good at
> exposing KFJC's inner dealings for a long time, thanks.

Tom: [exasperated] Sheesh, he makes it sound like Deep Throat
blowing the lid off Watergate.

> At many college stations (KFJC?), equal opportunity, in regards to
> all students being able to participate in all aspects of promotion
> are unfortunately not fair or just.

Mike: What did that sentence say?
Tom: As far as I can tell, he said that equal opportunity was neither
fair nor just.
Crow: Or was it promotion that was neither fair nor just?
Mike: What he's doing to the language is neither fair nor just....

> Phony guest lists, stolen
> promotional records, tapes, cd's and a whole host of other illegal
> activities are certainly fostered in a continual blissful atmosphere
> by some stations management and staff.

Mike: Didn't Ronald Reagan start out in radio?
Crow: Yeah! Maybe that explains the whole Iran-Contra thing....

> There are many things that I could discuss that affects college
> and commercial radio, but I will wait till a later date.

Tom: Preferably in a later century.

> For in
> your position at KFJC Lynn, you have been most informative about
> many unknown happenings there. The future looks awfully bright
> in regards to information coming to light and in complete truthful
> smears,

Mike: "Truthful smears"?
Tom: "Jumbo shrimp".
Crow: "Military Intelligence".

> concerning radio. We shall see what happens. Oh my, I
> know much too much

Crow: [ominous voice] So now they'll have to kill you, too....
Tom: Yes, *please*!

> to be treated the way I have been.
>
> BTW, do you know how to get ahold of the Tom Donahue people
> (Tom Donahue awards)? I need to talk with them badly

Mike: You sure know how to talk to everybody else badly.

> about
> something that is of great interest to them.

Tom: How to improve their security and keep out riffraff.

> I mean after
> all, when were dealing with right and wrong, why be disgruntled
> over backstabs

Crow: [perky voice] Instead, why not regard them as entertaining
and fun for the whole family?

> - just leave in the most righteous way possible.
> And in that, they will be painfully sorry of what was done by
> their own hands. Apologies are a start, but all I hear is
> silence.

Mike: I wish I could say that!

> If the cap fits, wear it baby!
>

> Ras Mikael Enoch
>
> * I am going to have to get ahold of this 'other' Michael Enoch
> that is in radio too?

Mike: There's two of him??
Tom,Crow: AAAAAAAA!!
Mike: Calm down, guys -- it's over.
Tom: [muttering] At least part 1....

[Mike and the bots exit the theather]

[OUTGOING DOOR SEQUENCE]

[SOL -- Crow and Gypsy are standing in front of a VCR connected to an
assortment of electronic junk. Mike enters from stage right.]

Mike: What is this stuff?
Crow: We're going to find some hidden signals in cable TV broadcasts.

[A light in the middle of the electronic junk flashes.]

Gypsy: We've got one!
Crow: OK, let's get started. [to Mike] Start the tape and you'll see
what I mean. I've hooked the VCR and the analyzer to the hexscreen.

[Mike pushes the VCR play button. The hexfield opens; after a moment of
static, Beavis and Butt-Head appear.]

Mike: Hey, guys, you know I can't stand this show. It's almost as bad
as the stuff the Mads send us!
Crow: Wait a minute, till we show you the hidden message... Gypsy?
Gypsy: Just a minute....

[The hexfield goes to static for a moment, and then shifts to a talking-head
adult-education program.]

Mike: You're pulling my leg. No way is *that* hidden inside episodes of
Beavis and Butt-Head.
Gypsy: It's true, I tell you! That's the signal I get.

[The hexfield shifts several more times from TV show to TV show, as if
someone were channel-surfing.]

Crow: Wha...?
Mike: Crow, Gypsy, maybe you're on to something, but I think it needs
more work.

[Tom Servo enters from stage right, holding a TV remote control in his
beak.]

Tom: Mike? [TV remote drops; the hexscreen changes programs again.]
Could you help me with this thing? I thought I could work it by
biting down on it just so, but it's not working out....

[COMMERCIAL SIGN LIGHT]

Mike: We'll be right back.

[INCOMING DOOR SEQUENCE]

>From taf...@netcom.com Wed Aug 10 20:02:13 EDT 1994
>Article: 3451 of ba.broadcast
>Newsgroups: ba.broadcast,rec.radio.noncomm
>From: taf...@netcom.com (Ras

Tom: ...al Ghul.

> Mikael Enoch)

Tom: Close enough.

>Subject: Devilism/Satanism in the Radio/Music Biz!!!

Crow: Is that Devilism in the Radio Biz and Satanism in the Music Biz,
or a mixture of both?
Mike: You've got your Devilism in my Satanism!
Crow: You've got your Satanism in my Devilism!

>Date: Tue, 9 Aug 1994 19:36:05 GMT
>

>:Mark Haase (mha...@pipeline.com) wrote:

>:>taf...@netcom.com (Ras Mikael Enoch) wrote:

Crow: Hey! Do we have to read this again?!

>:> Sometimes devout satanists

Tom: Don't you just hate those backsliding lip-service Satanists?
Mike: Or should that be "forwardsliding lip-service Satanists"?

>:> will inhabit the programming department
>:> of certain commercial and collegiate stations, and in that, the
>:> problems will surface in backstabs against the righteous just.
>:> I know of a disc jockey that actually had his show taken from
>:> him on Halloween, at the hands of this same satanic bitch who
>:> controlled programming for the station concerned. It was a complete
>:> backstab, for never did the disc jockey hear of the conspiracy to
>:> take over his show, until the very last minute.

Tom: [exasperated] Well, they didn't exactly send him a memo....

>:> The Holloween incident manifested itself in the 'total' replacement
>:> of this particular disc jockey.

>: Wow! Kinda like "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"?

> Welcome to the 'Radio Biz'.
>
> The total replacement did not actually connotate an 'Invasion of
> the Body Snatchers' type scenario.

Mike: It was more along the lines of "The Manchurian Candidate", with
just a dash of "Invaders From Mars".
Crow: Do you mean the original "Invaders From Mars", or the later
color remake?
Mike: Oh, the original, definitely.

> Unfortunately Satanic
> children

Tom: [stereotypical cranky old man voice] Lousy kids! Leaving their
pentacles all over the sidewalk! In my day, they always made us
erase them when we were done!

> along with their 'Cicle of Power',

Crow: Hail, hail, fire and snow. Call Ras Mikael, we shall go....

> will encompass
> management and decision making positions at radio stations.

Mike: Sounds like the management back at Happy Temps.

> Their decisions are mixed with scheming plots and manipulation
> of events, to further their conspiring devious agenda.

Tom: Revealed in Bob Woodward's book, _The Agenda_.
Mike: Isn't that book about the Clinton Administration?
Tom: Close enough.

> Look around at the influence that Satanic lyrics, music, groups,
> messages and material have on local and other radio stations.
> If you cannot see it,

Mike: Of course I can't see it! It's *radio*!

> then you unfortunately are not in touch
> with the ever pervasing amount of material that is being pushed
> today. Alternative music and labels are the breeding ground,
> and their material floods certain stations, that do use it.
> Loser Satanists following and extolling a loser like Satan,

Crow: ["Satan" voice] Hey! Who are you calling a loser! I *wowed*
'em in Vegas, you hear!

> will
> promote an image that is flattering to such a loser. Look at
> the radio biz environment, you will find it. More often than
> not, non-commercial stations are the prime satan influence
> injectors into our society.

Tom: Obviously, this guy hasn't seen the commercials they play on
Comedy Central. Talk about evil!

> Then we all wonder why the children
> of today's society are so very much aligned to destroy this
> world,

Crow: They've been reading too many posts from alt.destroy.the.earth.

> and in many times 'taking their own lives'.

Tom: That would sort of follow, unless they came up here first and
destroyed the world later.

> Satanism
> is very much alive in the Music Industry,

Mike: I thought it died out with vinyl, because they couldn't figure out
how to play CDs backwards.

> and is recruiting
> more and more children, just by the existence of just such
> stations that are known for such satanic image promotions.

Tom: [goofy DJ voice] Hi, kids! If you're the six hundred and
sixty-sixth caller, you can exchange your immortal soul for
Metallica tickets!

> So in that, they come, and they come, into an environment of
> fellow satanic acceptance into a once undefiled station(s).

All: Conform... conform... conform...

> Then, the remaining vestiges of righteousness and truthfulness
> at these transformed instituions, find it terribly hard to
> co-habit

Crow: I thought people co-habiting was part of Satan's agenda.
Mike: I don't think that's what he means.

> with allegations of lies, conspiracies, overthrows,
> coups and darkness shrouded in the image of lightness and
> justice.

Tom: Geez, is he talking about a radio station or the Kremlin?

> Unfortunately it usually is too late -

Crow: [sad, shocked voice] Why don't they look?

> in their sudden shame
> and awareness that their logos and outward public images
> only point to the most infernal loser personage/image of all
> time/history that has been selected for that particular
> organisation or station.

Tom: Or, if you prefer, organization/station.

> Look for it, and you will find them.
> The Devil who is Satan,

Mike: Not to be confused with The Devil who is Dr. Forrester.
Crow: I take it you're feeling bitter about this whole 'experiment'
thing.
Tom: With posts like this, who wouldn't be?

> is destined to be bound in a fiery hell
> for eternity - so who would take such an image? The Devil is the
> father of all lies

Crow: Although he gets help from politicians and corporate PR flacks.

> - and in that, while checking out the internal
> workings of certain stations, one will find that conspiracy and
> underhanded dealings are business of choice.
>
> Satan's crowd in commercial and non-commercial radio has to go.
> Members with rational thought,

Tom: [exasperated] Yeah, like this guy would know rational thought
if he tripped over it!

> find it abhorent that individuals
> within their organisations and companies, would cast such a
> loser image to and upon the public, that only reflects their own
> company, business and or radio station's image.
>
> The Devil who is Satan - Is a loser! And those who take such
> an image will be deemed losers. Losers they are,

Crow: Takes one to know one, Ras....

> and always
> hell bent on progamming that is no longer entertaining, but
> only to annoy.

Tom: Like Rush Limbaugh?

> Noise deemed as music, with no redeeming
> quality whatsoever. Satanic chants and drivel spouted over
> bad music.

Mike: Sounds like a concert I went to a couple weeks before the
Mads sent me up here.

> Their programming will certainly be affected.
> While conspiring to take out the popular shows, they eradicate
> the reason that the station has such a high rating amongst its
> listeners. Non-consistent programming in an aire of fund
> raising that makes one laugh, why?

Tom: Hey, he's talking about Comedy Central!

> Grand statements that
> make you happy that you are giving to a station that has
> systematically gotten rid of all of the quality, rather
> than noise that now prevails. Satan likes noise, not music.

[Mike puts his hand in his armpit and pumps his arm in order to
make escaping-air noises.]
Crow: ["Satan" voice] Hey, that's great! Let me make a couple phone
calls, and we'll get you a recording contract!

> Time to take sides,

Tom: [singing] Which side are you on? Which side are you on?

> or all will fall with him and his image.
>
> For it is Satan's children and their instigation into plots
> of lies and in turn coups of overthrow, that invoke response
> from the just, that have been thus deemed prey by those in
> unrighteous and conspiring leadership. YOU started the fight
> that YOU WILL LOSE most publicly in the end.

Crow: ["Satan" voice] Izzat so?? Well, we'll see who whips whose
keister around here!

> What goes around, comes around.
>

> Ras Mikael Enoch
> KEXO FM (They don't speak for me, and I don't speak for them.)

Mike: I'm sure KEXO-FM appreciates that disclaimer, Ras.

> * I do exorcism. Some say they take too long,

Tom: Like your posts.

> but in the end
> the offending spirits are eradicated

Crow: For a slight extra charge, I also get rid of rats, roaches,
ants, and other household pests.

> - in a murmur that is
> often heard

Tom: [snooty voice] Oooo, is the *great* Ras Mikael Enoch going
to exorcize us?

> "we should have never pissed Ras Mikael Enoch
> off" like we did.

Mike: That's it, guys.
Crow: Finally!

[Mike and the bots exit the theater]

[OUTGOING DOOR SEQUENCE]

[SOL -- Mike, Tom, Crow, and Gypsy are having a discussion.]

Crow: What I don't understand is how a Satanic radio conspiracy is
supposed to operate. Sure, they spread all this so-called "devil music",
but so what?
Tom: Well, music has a powerful influence on culture.
Gypsy: And mood.
Mike: The part I always remember is the claims about backward-masked
subliminal messages--

[INCOMING CALL LIGHT FLASHES]

Mike: Speaking of which, the Mads are calling. Maybe they have something
more to say about Doctor Forrester's plan to conquer the world with
hidden messages on TV [hits answer button].

[DEEP 13 -- Dr. Forrester has set up a large TV monitor, connected to his
experimental apparatus. This monitor shows a smaller version of the
entire Deep 13 scene, complete with recursive images of the monitor
itself. Frank is operating the controls.]

Dr F: Hello. I've got another experiment for you today--

Tom: Hey! No fair! That last experiment was pain enough for one day!

Dr F: Fair, schmair! Not that it matters, since *this* experiment is not
only [sneers momentarily] painless, but absolutely unnoticeable.

Mike: You mean your subliminal message projector?

Dr F: Right the first time. Once Frank activates the Sublimatron [gestures
for Frank to do so, which he does], my messages will be invisibly but
compellingly added to our communication link.

[A prominent text crawl, a la "Comedy Central News Bites", appears on the
screen. It says, "BOW DOWN AND WORSHIP DOCTOR CLAYTON FORRESTER".]

Tom: Gee, aren't subliminal messages supposed to be less obvious?

Dr F: What are you talking about?

[Dr. F turns to look at the monitor, which is displaying the text crawl.]

Dr F: FRANK!!

Frank: Hmmm... must be a little bug -- maybe I'd better shut it down.
Dr F: No... that might lose some vital clue. Best to leave it running
for now.

[Another text crawl starts to appear, seen on the monitor by Frank, but
not by Dr. F, who is studying the equipment.]

Frank: I *really* think shutting it down would be best....
Dr F: Frank, for the fifty-ninth time, I don't pay you to *think*.

[The text crawl can now be read. It says, "DOCTOR CLAYTON FORRESTER IS
THE GOD OF NERDLINESS". It stops and flashes *brightly* in place.]

Frank: [nervously] Besides, we need to shut everything down here before
I push the button to finish the other experiment or there'll be a power
surge or something....
Dr F: Oh, all right. Shut it down and push the button, Frank.

[Frank turns off the equipment, then leans over to push the button.]

Dr F: [voiceover] Hmmm... there seems to be some text burned into the
monitor. Where's my penlight, Frank? Frank??

MiSTing by Steve Brinich
\ | /
\ | / Mystery Science Theater 3000 and associated characters
\|/ are trademark and copyright 1994 by Best Brains, Inc. and
----O---- used without permission for satirical purposes only.
/|\
/ | \ This post is not intended as a personal attack upon
/ | \ the original author, and is meant only as entertainment
and commentary on the content of the original post.

--
<ste...@access.digex.net> ****====== I love the Republic
<GEnie: S.BRINICH1> ****====== but I fear the Empire