[MiSTied] Darkest Days part 3

Claye Hodge

Jan 2, 1995, 6:11:10 PM1/2/95

[Mike and bots enter the theater. Mike puts Tom in his seat.]

CROW: Thanks, Mike. I'm feeling much better.

TOM: Das' da' news.

>From: Praetor Corbett <sco...@gl.umbc.edu>

CROW: Oh good.. The author finally figured out that he wasn't really a
Lieutenant Commander.

>Newsgroups: alt.startrek.creative
>Subject: STAR TREK : DARKEST DAYS (3)

MIKE: How many more left??

>Date: Fri, 4 Nov 1994 16:19:11 -0500

TOM: F-U-M-B-C-8??? HEY, THAT'S NOT NICE!!

CROW: I hate mimes.

TOM: Yeah yeah, we know this... Can't we just get on with it???

> [BEGIN PART III]

MIKE:[Jack Perkins.] Let's watch Part 3 of Darkest Days on the Mystery
Science The...
BOTS:[Clearing their throats.]
MIKE: Sorry.

> CHAPTER FOUR

TOM: FORE!!

> Captains Log, Stardate 49001.3 :

CROW: He must have wrote this while in the bathroom.
MIKE: CROW!
TOM: OH, CROW! YUCK!!
CROW: Heeheehee...

> It took me two days to discover the whereabouts of Will, but
> I eventually tracked him down...

MIKE: Like the animal he is.

> New Orleans, what a city it
> has become... He just happened to know exactly where to
> contact the rest of the command crew of the now deceased

CROW: Well why did it take two days if he knew where they were?

> Starship Enterprise.
>
> "So, Captain, you mind telling me what this is all about?" Riker

CROW:[Picard.]Well OF COURSE I'm gonna tell ya. Did ya think I searched
for you, for two days for the fun of it??? I think NOT!

>said, sauntering over to stand at the bar next to his captain, and friend.
> "Will, it's classified information...

ALL: DOH!!

> not here, not now."Picard

TOM: You and me.. later.. MY place.

>answered, "You'll just have to wait till we return to Command for the
>formal briefing by Admiral Necheyev."

MIKE: But she doesn't wear briefs.

> "Riker didn't like that, classified info. usually meant the
>Romulans, and Necheyev usually meant the Borg. But Picard was looking
>around, keeping a shifty eye on everyone, including the members of the
>jazz band playing in the corner.
> "

CROW: Even the jazz band is involved.
TOM: Who said all of that, Mike?
MIKE: No one said it. I think that first quotation mark is a typo.
TOM: Typo?? In THIS story?? NO?!?

> So what are waiting for? I told Data to round up the rest and meet
>us at Command at 1800 hours." Will Riker, Commander of the USS Enterprise
>NCC 1701-D said.

MIKE:[Picard.] But it's only 1756 hours.
TOM: I was wondering who said that.. and I even got a bio.

> "Will, it takes only a moment to get to San Fransisco, and that's
>five hours from now...Why not just sitback and relax,

TOM:[singing.] I should really just relax.
MIKE: Tom, don't ever do that again.

> it'll be the last
>time we'll get to do that, for a while." Picard said with a smile,
>rubbing the top of his bald, reflecting head.

[Crow is making noises you would hear, cleaning a window.]

> Riker didn't like the sound of the last line Picard fed him. What

CROW: I hate liver!

>could he mean "for the last time for a while", he thought, it must be one
>hell of a mission StarFleet had cooked up for them.

MIKE: Or they've given us jobs behind a desk.

> *** *** ***

CROW: Did I tell you guys, I can speak that?
MIKE: Don't try it Crow.

> "Captain: Admiral Necheyev just passed by and told me to tell you

TOM: Bite me.

>that the briefing is being held in Conference Room two on Level five."
>Data announced as he stood up, leaving the the couch he had been sitting
>on lonely.

MIKE: Who is this character named Lonely?

> "Fine, Mr. Data."
> "She also wishes me to inform you that the briefing will begin as
>soon as the last person arrives." Data stated matter-of-factly.

TOM:[sarcastic.] Oh, so NOW he can speak matter-of-factly, huh?

> "See, Will, I told you we weren't going to be late for anything."
>Picard said looking up the foot and a half up to his first officer.

MIKE:[Riker.] Captain, are you finished looking up my foot?

> "Actually, Captain, You are the last two scheduled that have yet to
>arrive." Data piped in as the three began heading for the 'lift.

CROW:[Picard.] But we HAVE arrived.

> Once they got to the fifth floor of the building that held the
>brain of StarFleet,

TOM: That must be some gigantic brain, eh?

> they had nothing to do but pass three separate
>security checkpoints,

CROW: And of course, gas.

> before entering the room. Seated around the black
>marble table were the heads of StarFleet, his command crew, and the
>Romulan Ambassador to the Federation.
> "Nice of you to show up," a voice called out from halfway up the

MIKE: You know, I'm beginning to hate this admiral also.

>table, a familiar voice that sent shudders down the spine of the chrome-
>domed captain.

CROW: Obviously, Captain Picard isn't Corbett's favorite character on
Star Trek.

> "Admiral Necheyev, it's a pleasure to see you again," Picard said,

MIKE: You big kiss up!

>knowing that the last time they spoke was directly after the destruction
>of the Enterprise, something she was not the least bit happy about.

TOM: Like we give a care, what she thinks???

> "Captain, we would like to get started as soon as possible...So if
>you and your men would take your seats, we could get started."She said,

CROW:[Picard.] Where should we take them?
TOM:[Necheyev.] DOH! Would you just sit down!

>trying to assert her power over the older man.

MIKE: Assert THIS!

> Picard, Riker, and Data moved around the table to take their
>seats, directly across from the Admiral, obviously she wanted to get so
>close to the captain that she smell his fear when word of the mission was

CROW:[announcer.] But it wasn't fear that she smelled.

>told.
> Turning to his right, he could see that someone, an admiral he
>didn't recognize, had taken to the podium at the oppisite end of the
>table. "Ladies and Gentlemen,

MIKE: ARE YOU READY TO ROCK?????

> this meeting is being held to discuss a
>situation that is becoming all but too obvious to us at StarFleet
>Headquarters." The Admiral began. He seemed to babble, Picard drifted

TOM: off to sleep.

>back to his encounter with Dr. Soran and Captain Kirk on Virdian III.
> When he came back to present, the admiral was finally getting to
>the jest of the meeting, "That's where you come in, Captain Picard."

CROW: WOAH! How did she know that??

> Oh no, he thought, I've been caught off guard. What's he talking
>about, damn. "Excuse me, Sir." was all he could come out with.
> "Captain, perhaps I didn't make it clear" the Vulcan Admiral

MIKE: No dosing off to sleep in my class Mr. Picard.

>said, "At the joint request of the Romulan Ambassador and Ambassador
>Spock, we at StarFleet command have decided to send a full task force
>into Romulan space so help defend against the Borg.". So that's what
>it was all about.

TOM: Even *I* couldn't tell, with all of those plot points mentioned.

> Romulans versus the Borg, how couldn't I see that

CROW:[sports announcer.] It's an all out BRAWL!!

>coming, Picard thought. Sitting next to him was Will Riker, who actually
>had seen that coming.

MIKE: Even the blind could've seen that.

> "I realize that, Admiral, but what exactly does this have to do
>with me and my command crew." Picard said. Jean-Luc was beginning to

TOM: Picard really isn't at his best, today. Is he?

>feel a little overwhelmed when he finally got the fact that he was going
>to be the leader of that task force. "From what I've gotten from
>StarFleet Command, the next ship out of Utopia Planitia has already been
>assigned a crew."

MIKE:[Necheyev.] Who said anything about using them in this mission?

> "True, Captain. That's why we've decided to split you're command
>crew into two separate groups. You will lead one ship into Romulan

TOM: Group A and Group B.

>space, while Commander Riker is given command of The Enforcer." the
>Vulcan said.

MIKE:[Picard.] Oh yeah, send ME into uncertain doom.

> The Enforcer was the next ship to come out of Utopia Planitia,
>although not completed construction, she was combat ready. As for

CROW: But not leak proof.

>Picard," Begging the Admirals pardon, What ship am I going to command?"
> "As of this time, that information is classified and will be
>handed out when StarFleet deems it ready."

TOM: Jeez, I just thought since I'm commanding a ship, I should know what
that ship IS, and how it works.. That's all.

> Admiral Necheyev said from
>her seat across from Picard. He could see the dislike she had for him
>in her eyes.

TOM:[Necheyev.] Chrome-dome.
MIKE:[Picard.] Nimrod.
TOM:[same.] Jerk.
MIKE:[same.] Weiner.

> "That will be all... Thank You." the Vulcan Admiral said from the
>podium, before turning to his right and exiting before any further
>questions could be asked.
> "That was surely eye opening..."

CROW: No it wasn't.
TOM: Zzzzzzz...

> Riker said cynically into Picards
>ear.

BOTS: Oh.
MIKE: Along with bittersweet nothings.

> [END PART III]
> [GOTO PART IIII]

TOM: She doesn't even know her Roman Numerals. Doooohhhh.

CROW: MORE PADDING????

[Commercials.]

[continued in part IV.]

Claye Hodge