Season wrapup

Mark Carson

Dec 19, 1992, 3:40:22 PM12/19/92
Fresh from BBI, here's the current take on the remainder of season four,
enriched with kooky kapsule reviews (it always helps not to have seen the
movies before reviewing them):

420 The Human Duplicators
[XEROX - the early, evil days. Hugo Grimaldi directs.]

421 Monster a Go-Go
[Rubber suit time again, guys. But it's short, real short. Inside note:
original footage by Bill Rebane, "joked" up by "Sheldon Seymour" (Herschell
Gordon Lewis)]

422 The Day the Earth Froze
[Wrong-way Corrigan's version of The Day the Earth Caught Fire.]

423 Manos - the Hand of Fate
[Fickle finger's big brother. Shouldn't that be ManUs?]

424 Bride of the Monster
[Tor Johnson, as you've never seen him before! Yeah, he still just lumbers
around, but this time in a tux. And talk about short, this one's the same
length as Bambi (69 min)! Essay question: what other similarities do the
two films have?]

It looks like Charro! is off the list. I heard Elvis showed up at BBI and
convinced them not to do it - he was worried about the effect on his
career.

--
Mark Carson car...@cs.umd.edu 301-240-7348
Department of Computer Science University of Maryland, College Park -or-

BogusMan

Dec 21, 1992, 3:25:29 PM12/21/92
In article <62...@mimsy.umd.edu> car...@cs.umd.edu (Mark Carson) writes:
>Fresh from BBI, here's the current take on the remainder of season four,
>enriched with kooky kapsule reviews (it always helps not to have seen the
>movies before reviewing them):
>

>421 Monster a Go-Go
>[Rubber suit time again, guys. But it's short, real short. Inside note:
>original footage by Bill Rebane, "joked" up by "Sheldon Seymour" (Herschell
>Gordon Lewis)]

Joked up? Hell, Lewis took 6 hours of footage with nothing going on, shot
inserts, walking shots, and all sorts of crap just to make it LOOK like
a movie. Henry Hite plays the guy who returns from space as a giant. Hite
died several years ago when his ankles cracked from supporting his 7' +plus
frame. Story is the same as The Quatermass Experiment essentially. Lewis
only created this to have a double feature for his classic hillbilly epic
"Moonshine Mountain"!

>423 Manos - the Hand of Fate
>[Fickle finger's big brother. Shouldn't that be ManUs?]

Hey, this is one of the best films ever made by a ferilizer salesman from
El Paso!! Poodles are tortured in low rent backyard temples. Weird, and
funny, even on it's own.
<Well, only one poodle, but there are lots of "Harem Queens">

>424 Bride of the Monster
>[Tor Johnson, as you've never seen him before! Yeah, he still just lumbers
>around, but this time in a tux. And talk about short, this one's the same
>length as Bambi (69 min)! Essay question: what other similarities do the
>two films have?]

Attention Plan 9 from Outer Space Fans!!!! This one is written and directed
by Edward D. Wood Jr., and stars Bela Lugosi in his last speaking role!
Talk about cheap, Bela was paid $1,000! Tor is Lobo, a victim of strange,
budget experiments. Check out the octupus from "Wake Of The Red Witch"
with John Wayne!! Great use of stock footage too!
Oddly similar at times to "The Unearthly", where Tor also played a lumbering
guy named Lobo, the victim of cheapo experiments!

>It looks like Charro! is off the list. I heard Elvis showed up at BBI and
>convinced them not to do it - he was worried about the effect on his
>career.
>
>--
>Mark Carson car...@cs.umd.edu 301-240-7348

No, Timmy talked them out of it.

A couple of choice selections on the way, looks like!
Can't wait!!!!!
Pax
--Judex--

uph...@msu.oscs.montana.edu

Dec 26, 1992, 10:01:05 PM12/26/92
In article <1992Dec21.2...@news2.cis.umn.edu>, don...@manowar.micro.umn.edu (BogusMan) writes:
>In article <62...@mimsy.umd.edu> car...@cs.umd.edu (Mark Carson) writes:
>>Fresh from BBI, here's the current take on the remainder of season four,
>>enriched with kooky kapsule reviews (it always helps not to have seen the
>>movies before reviewing them)
>

>>423 Manos - the Hand of Fate
>>[Fickle finger's big brother. Shouldn't that be ManUs?]
>
>Hey, this is one of the best films ever made by a ferilizer salesman from
>El Paso!! Poodles are tortured in low rent backyard temples. Weird, and
>funny, even on it's own.

><Well, only one poodle, but there are lots of "Harem Queens"

I love poodles, Ah! POODLE BASEBALL!!!!

>>424 Bride of the Monster
>>[Tor Johnson, as you've never seen him before! Yeah, he still just lumbers
>>around, but this time in a tux. And talk about short, this one's the same
>>length as Bambi (69 min)! Essay question: what other similarities do the
>>two films have?]

Date? Date for Tor? (Lumber, lumber!)

>Attention Plan 9 from Outer Space Fans!!!! This one is written and directed
>by Edward D. Wood Jr., and stars Bela Lugosi in his last speaking role!

Tor? Tor, Put down that ketchup! TOR!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
(Munch Munch, burp!)

--How Bela Lugosi's Death Really Occurred--
(From Memoirs of Tor, used without
permission)

EEEEEeeeew...
La Mort.