[MSTing] Labyrnth/Bugaloo Xover Pt 3 of 8

peasporr...@hotmail.com

Oct 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/23/99
<<MSTing: The Adventures of goblins, talk showhost, bugaloos,
witchie-poos and golden flutes named freddy
in the labrynth>>

by Brendan Herlihy and Steve Weinberg

--- Part 3 of 8 ---

[OPEN ON: The theater. Pearl, Scratch, and Gypsy enter the theater.]

GYPSY: So what about robots? Are they alive?
PEARL: Robot? Who'd make a talking machine when the machines are
already talking to you?
SCRATCH: Living Island's not exactly great for "alone time", is it?

> " Open that door!" Witchie-poo shouted.

MADGE (sarcasm): Oh, I guess Missus Poo never heard of a little spell
called "please"!

> "We can't Witchie-poo," Orson replied, "she must have it braced on
>the other side."

GYPSY: Door Bracer!
MADGE (sings): Byyyyyy, MEN-nen!

> "Well get something to batter it down with!" Witchie-poo shouted,
>hitting him on the beak.

SCRATCH (Poo): Go look through my wicca baskets!
PEARL (maliciously twisting his ear): I told you no!
SCRATCH (whimpering): OK! OK! Owie 3!

>"Do I have to think of everything around here?"

PEARL: You know, maybe the door swings open to the inside? Did you
think of that?

>Both Seymour and Orson ran down the corridor. "And hurry up, that door
>leads to the Labyrinth,

MADGE: You can tell by the way it has no lock and serves no useful
purpose.

> if that over stuffed Jareth gets hold of either of them I'll never
>see my flute again!"

GYPSY: So why does Witchie-poo have a door to the Labyrinth?
SCRATCH: I think it's like a time share? In August they swap it for a
door to Vale?

> Jenifer had woken out of a sound sleep to find her bed crowded with
> small shadowy forms.

PEARL: Hey! You cat lovers out there? Sunday morning, 5:00 A.M.?
Sound familiar?

> Panicked her first impulse had been to get out of the bed.
>She had launched herself upward only to be caught by the sheets.

[All snicker.]

>Bundled
>up in them and with a rolled up TV guide stuffed into her mouth,

MADGE: Man, I know irony gets rammed down your throat, but I've never
seen it done so literally!

> Jenifer had been carried along for what seemed like hours. Now,
after
>a long and uncomfortable trip Jenifer was rolled out of her bedsheets
>and dumped on the ground.

GYPSY: I'm sorry, I blinked. Did I miss the kidnapping?
SCRATCH: Yup! And a whole Ratliff battle sequence, too! It was cool!
GYPSY (downcast): Oo.

> She spat the tv guide out of her mouth and lay there for a moment, a
> bit dizzy.

PEARL: Oh, back to normal, then!

> There seemed to be no ground beneath her, at least no ground she
> could feel.

MADGE: But they just *dumped* her on the ground!
GYPSY: Oo, I never liked the ground anyway. Always getting underfoot.

> "You hardly look fitting for a maid." A smoothly insolent voice
>remarked.

PEARL: Thanks, you hardly look fitting for an actor!

>Jenifer looked up to see a tall thin man, with moused blond/brown hair
>standing a little bit away from her.

GYPSY: Oh, no, it's that guy from "Laserblast"!

> He was wearing skin tight grey pants with knee length black boots. A
>ruffled shirt, tight waist coat and short black cape, fastened at his
>neck with a diamond clasp, completed the picture of elegance.

SCRATCH: Boy, the new Dr. Who's a bit of a fop.

> His face was thin, angular and his eyes a cold grey. This was Jareth,
>King of the Goblins.

MADGE (Jareth, campy): King? Not hardly, dearie.

> A small smile on his face he gazed intently at her. Jenifer, wearing
> a pair of green, Chinese style pajama's flushed scarlet.

PEARL (Jareth): Heh-heh. My little China girl!

> "I am not your maid." she said, standing up quickly and facing him.

MADGE: Oh, good, the ground's back! I missed it!

> "Pity there's only one of you," Jareth said, ignoring her, "but I
>suppose you'll just have to work harder."

GYPSY (Jareth): Thus I give you your maid name- Avis!

> "Hey! Excuse me. I said I am not going to be your maid.

PEARL (Jen): As a talk show host, I can't clean your mess. I just put
it on TV and have my audience shout at it.

>Who are you anyway?"
>
> "I am Jareth," he said with a small bow, "lord of this domain.

SCRATCH (Jareth): And by domain, I mean your knickers.

> And as long as you, Jenifer Bass, wear those," he indicated the
>bracelets, "you are mine to do with as I will. And I will you to be
>the maid of my castle, to cook, clean and sew."

MADGE: "And so"? And so what?
GYPSY: No, "sew", see?
MADGE (as an old Mexican): "Sew". Sí.

> "You know who I am?"
>
> "Of course I do."

SCRATCH (Jareth): You're that crazy chick with the talk show who can't
talk.

> He came toward her, his voice very much like the purr
> of a cat.

PEARL: Meanwhile he's ignoring the goblin holding the door open for
him
to go out.
GYPSY: And turning his nose up at the food he just spent an hour
begging for.

> "Occasionally I like to look into the mortal world." He snapped his
> fingers and a small goblin ran over to them, holding a parchment. The
> goblin looked a little like a junkyard dog, or a Disney character
> fallen on hard times.

SCRATCH: Oh, a Sid & Marty Krofft creation!

> "Jenifer Bass." he read. "Married, but separated, no children, no
> active sex life..."
>
> "Hey!" Jenifer protested.

ALL: BOOOOO!
PEARL: Goblins and Ken Starr seem to hold similar interests. Not that
I'm saying there's a connection, of course. Just an observation.

> The goblin ignored her.
>
> "Talk show host, syndicated, last rating was 2.5.

MADGE (goblin): Sixth in her time slot, behind PAX's "Very Special
Salute to Michael Landon".

> Psychological profile indicates strong need to be liked, also strong
> maternal instincts."
>
> "Perfect for a maid." Jareth said, taking the parchment and looking
> it over.

GYPSY: Perhaps the ability to *clean* might be a better qualification?

> "I am not a maid!" Jenifer growled.
>
> "Oh I know." Jareth said, scanning down the parchment.
>
> "Infact you haven't been since..."

[All chuckle and moan.]
MADGE: Jeez. Paulie Shore gets more respect than this character.

> "Give me that." Jenifer demanded, snatching the parchment.

SCRATCH: Man, when did Howard Stern start a temp agency?

> It dissolved in her hands.
>
> "I know who you are Mrs. Jenifer Bass." Jareth said.,

GYPSY: Well, yeah, we established that.

> With one finger he reached over and brushed Jenifer's hair off of
her
>forehead.

MADGE: Lawsuit!

> "I have watched your show from time to time. I know that most of the
> guest make you feel small.

PEARL: Most of the guest. The bits above the knees.

> I know that you hope your husband will someday return, not because
> you have any love for him, but because you need someone to take care
> off.

GYPSY: This may be presumptuous, but it sounds like Jenifer just needs
a pet.

> You
> let your brother-in-law stay in your driveway for that same reason."

SCRATCH: Under a nice, warm, pavement-colored blanket.
PEARL (Jen): Make sure you tuck your head in, sweetie.
SCRATCH (in-law, clueless): But can't I have a pillow?
PEARL (Jen): My good pillows on that filthy driveway?

> Jenifer desperately wanted to talk, but Jareth's voice and movements
> were hypnotic.

MADGE: He's the goblin equivalent of Gregory Hines!

> She felt a part of herself begin to wan under the truth of his
> words.

PEARL: Her hair, mostly.

> "I know you lay in bed alone at night and dream of ways to make your
> existence more exiting." he paused and smiled.

GYPSY: She's a talk show host who fights in her living room! How much
more excitement does she want?

> "And I know, that you know you will never, ever do anything to make
> those dreams a reality.

SCRATCH: Oh, I don't know. Her dream to meet an effeminate glam-pop
has-been seems to be progressing nicely!

> All this I know, and more."
>
> The Goblin King had been walking around her as he spoke, and now he
> came full circle and faced her again.

MADGE: Retroactive staging! When planning ahead is just too hard!

> Again his fingers reached for her forehead.
>
> "No!" Jenifer shouted, batting his hand away with one hand even as
> her other made a fist and socked him in the jaw.

PEARL: Yup, this is where all that talk show training starts paying
off
big time.
GYPSY: Oo, so many people who bought "Tin Machine" are standing up and
cheering right now...

> Jareth stumbled back a few steps, more surprised than hurt but it
was
> Jenifer who fell down. For a few moments neither of them spoke.
> "A maid with spirit." Jareth said,

SCRATCH: Blue Nun!

> and there was a smile in his eye as he said it.
> "I am not a maid!" Jenifer shouted, jumping to her feet.

MADGE (Jen): I'm Laila Ali!

> "Oh I know." The voice was back to a purr and Jenifer's face became
>scarlet once more as she realized what he meant.

PEARL: Eh. Double entendres don't really make it as running gags.

> "Mrs. Bass," Jareth said, becoming very business like, "by the law
of
>this land you are mine to do with as I will."

GYPSY (Jareth): And I will you to trade me your Pokemon!

> he paused then added; "At least as far as employment matters are
>concerned. If you refuse my employ then you will be an outlaw in this
>land."

MADGE: Lordy, these right-to-work states are tough.

> "So what does that mean?" Jenifer demanded, trying to make her voice
>sound patronizing.

SCRATCH: That's *matron*izing!

> "You'll lock me in a dungeon?"
> "Not at all, my dungeons have no unwilling guest.

PEARL (Jareth): In fact they have two stars in the latest Michelin
guide.

>It means I will not protect you."
> It took a moment for his words to sink in.

GYPSY (Jen): Um... "dungeon"... that's like, a crab, I think.

>A cold breeze, or it might have been the mummer of laughter

[All snicker.]

> from the
>goblins around them made Jenifer shudder. She couldn't really see the
>goblins, only hear them.

SCRATCH (goblin): So, Roy! Still a goblin?
MADGE (Roy): Yup. You?
SCRATCH (goblin): Pretty much.

> Infact she couldn't see much of anything except Jareth. Every time
> she tried to focus on something besides him the grey mist would rise
> and obscure it. But everything around her suggested menace.

PEARL: So. Menace, anyone?
GYPSY: How could you even suggest menace at a time like this?
PEARL: Well, you know. The mist and all.

> "I am not a ma... a domestic." Jenifer said firmly.
>
> "Very well."

PEARL (Jareth, clapping twice): Domesticate her!

>Jareth bowed and stepped backward, the mist rising as he moved. "But
>should you ever feel the need of food, shelter or clothing

MADGE (Jareth): Get stuffed!

>my castle lies in the center of the Labrynth. There also lies your
>only way home."

GYPSY: Except for the exits, over here, over there, and round here.
Plus the fire escape.

> With those words the Goblin King and his goblins faded into the mist
>as the mist faded into the dawn.

SCRATCH: And the dawn faded into Cheez Wiz. And then things got kind
of disturbing...

>Jenifer found herself standing next to a high stone wall. It stretch
>from one end of her horizon to the next.

GYPSY: Oo, *Great Wall* of China Girl!

>looking away from the wall she could see only desert. Beneath her
bare
>feet was cold stone.

PEARL: -Steve Austin!
SCRATCH: A man barely alive?
MADGE: Get your head out of the seventies, pawn.

> The throne room of Jareth the Goblin King was an unholy mess.

SCRATCH (Bowie singing): I'm a *mess* without...
GYPSY: I thought goblins were nondenominational?

>Empty boxes were strewn around, food that had been left out for
> centuries sat on tables. Goblins big, small, medium, alive or dead
>lay sleeping, gaming or fighting.

PEARL: Well except for the dead ones.

> In the center of it all sat Jareth, for once not minding the clutter
> or decay.

MADGE: But that gaming has gotta stop!

>In his hand a transparent ball showed the host of "My Talk Show"
> climbing the outer wall.

GYPSY: Tom Green?

> A little more he thought, as she reached for another handhold.
>Jenifer's hand closed around a brick and she tested it for firmness

SCRATCH: Nah, still not done. Back on the grill!

>before putting her weight on it. Jareth smiled and the mortar holding
> the brick suddenly turned to paste.

PEARL: Which Jen then tried to *eat*, no doubt.

> The ball gave no sound but the look on the talk shows face

[All snigger.]
MADGE (Jen): I *am* the show!

>as she fell
>was enough. "That's the fifth brick you've dislodged Mrs. Bass,"
> Jareth whispered, "surely even your not stubborn enough to try
>again."

PEARL: Well, sure. She dislodges enough, there isn't a wall anymore.
GYPSY: Like Atari's "Breakout"!

> In the ball Jenifer climbed to her feet and hurled the useless brick
>against the wall.

MADGE: The one made of paste, you mean.
GYPSY: She's the dreaded batter pudding hurler!

> The started to climb once more.

MADGE: By the way, she's climbing the wall.
SCRATCH (resentful): I know.
MADGE: That means that they're bracelets.
SCRATCH (same): I *know*.
MADGE: That means I win.
SCRATCH: I KNOW!
MADGE (happy): As long as we're clear.

> Jareth could see muscles tensing under the pajama's and for a moment
> the thoughts of the Goblin King turned in another direction.

[All fall on the floor laughing.]
PEARL: Towards women's soccer and a black sports bra!

> "Sire."
>
> Jareth did not stir nor say a word to Krun's entreaty.

GYPSY: Since he wasn't a paid stud horse.

> He knew who it was of course. Everyone in his palace was known to
him
> ad nauseum.

MADGE: That's Latin for "through the personals".

> That was actually the problem, everything was known to him. Like all
>truly immortal beings Jareth had faced his share of foes. Hero's,
>Knights, Wizards and more.

SCRATCH (odd little man voice): Hi! I'm the theater owner. Since
Jareth's prattling on again, let me take this time to ask you to
donate to the Will Rogers Institute!

> He had faced them all and for the most part won. But that had been
> long ago, when the worlds of fairy and man were close.

PEARL: When they giggled during homeroom and shared chewing gum.

> But now the cosmic waves
> that moved worlds like so much driftwood at sea had pushed Earth and
> Fairy Land apart. The father apart

GYPSY: - was Julius Erving!

>they drifted the more the Goblin King began to face another foe. A
foe
>Jareth could neither defeat, nor surrender too.

ALL: BOREDOM!

>Boredom.

MADGE: Oh.
GYPSY: Oo.
SCRATCH: Don't *I* feel foolish.

> It laid down with him at night and woke with him in the morning,

PEARL: It raided the fridge and left its dirty underwear on the floor.

> it made
> the air seem stale and the food a mere paste that coated his tongue
> and soured his stomach.

MADGE: Ew, horseradish!
SCRATCH: Mm, horseradish.

> In ages past Jareth would not have even bothered with Jenifer Bass.
> She was no maiden, nor was she a great beauty for him to seduce. But
>she was here.

GYPSY: Seinfeld. The paragraph about nothing!

> Jareth was about to turn the brick Jenifer was holding onto into a
> large bar of chocolate when he realized Krun was still standing
> beside him.

PEARL (Krun): Hey! (snaps fingers) Ground control to Major Tom! Snap
out of it!

> The
> distraction was enough for Jenifer to finally get to the top of the
> wall."What." the Goblin King growled, letting the spell ball
> dissolve. Krun shook a little at his masters tone but otherwise held
> his ground.

MADGE (Krun): Um, while you were ruminating? The girl escaped. And
got married. And had a kid. And he growed up, and he's here, and
in leather, and he wants to kick your ass.

> This bothered Jareth, there should be no goblin who did not quake
> with fear of him.

SCRATCH: Oh, the goblin version of the Giuliani administration.

> But Krun was a wizened old goblin who was chief of the guard. He was
> one of the very few who remembered the days before Jareth's rule.

GYPSY: Is that the one where processor power doubles every two years?

>This stuffed
>the goblin with his own importance,

PEARL: -wrapped him in bacon, and slowly roasted him over a cracklin'
hickory fire!

>and over the past few centuries his
>hubris had begun to annoy Jareth.

MADGE: So... the author can't spell the word "of", or make proper use
of
"too" and "your"... but the word "hubris" he can flash around like
Rolex!

> "The door to Living Island has been opened!"

PEARL: So, somebody opened a door. Whoa-ho, good work Krun! Next
time
someone leaves the *toilet seat up*, we'll know who to turn to!
*Jeez!*

> Witchie-Poo sniffed the air and dug her toes through the worn soul
of
>her boot

SCRATCH: The "soul" of her boot?
GYPSY: Well, you know. Living Island, living boots.
SCRATCH: Wha-hey! Could it be Mark intended that double meaning? I
mean, could this story actually be *clever*?
PEARL: It's worth thinking abou-*NO!*

> and into the rock. It had been ages since she'd been out of her own
>domain.

MADGE: That would be ".hex", I believe.

> The witch felt the subtle differences in the fabric of reality and
it
>was not a pleasent feeling.

PEARL: For in the Labyrinth, the fabric of reality was burlap.

>Hovering in the doorway Seymour and Orson did not even dare to speak.
>
> "Well, well." She turned and faced the Goblin King and for a moment
> that stretched into a minute witch and goblin watched each other.

SCRATCH (Jareth, nasty at Poo): I'm more of woman than you'll *ever*
be!

> As power went they were equal,

GYPSY: But Jareth had more top 40 hits.

> but Witchie-Poo knew that Jareth had the home ground advantage.

MADGE: Wow, the ground really negotiated a good part for itself after
that little disappearance earlier.
SCRATCH: Mm. Sometimes you have to take a step back to move forward.

> Jareth for
> his part wondered if, with the world of man drifting away, if the
> fairy kingdoms would fall upon each other. It had happened before,
> and of late he had seen signs it would happen again.

SCRATCH: So Pearl? If we collect, like, ten hideously written
paragraphs that have absolutely nothing to do with the plot, do we
get a free sub at Subway or something?
PEARL: Sure. You didn't get your card when we came in?
SCRATCH (jaw dropping): There were *cards*?!
PEARL (holds up card): Ten stamps, free sub. Got me two stamps
already.
SCRATCH: Aw, man! I didn't know about that! It's not fair!
GYPSY: Oo, take mine, Scratch. They give me gas anyway.
SCRATCH: Really? Cool! Thanks Gyps!

> "What do you want fancy pants." the witch snarled.

MADGE (Jareth): Madam, *you* came to *me*?

> "That should be my question to you." Jareth answered calmly. He
> gestured at the wood splinters on the ground. "Doors are expensive
>you know."

GYPSY: Fairyland must be the only place without a Home Depot.

> "Yea, I know." Witchie-Poo muttered. "But so's a good meal.

PEARL: Or a Boston Market, apparently.

> My spider there caught a bugaloo

SCRATCH (Bowie): Your spider? Is he from Mars? I might have fronted
for his old man!

>and then let her get away."
>
> "A bugaloo?" Jareth asked, though it was not a question.

MADGE: Well then WHY DID YOU PUT QUESTION MARKS ON IT AND WRITE THAT
HE
'ASKED'?!
GYPSY: Oo, calm down Madge. It's only a story.
MADGE: Oh, it just makes me mad, is all.

> Indeed he did not so much speak the word as he savored it.
>
> "My bugaloo tight pants." Witchie-Poo snapped.

SCRATCH (Poo): My Official Bugaloo bicycle pants I bought at Sports
Authority!

>"My lacky caught her, I'm gonna eat her."
> Jareth smiled and the witch stood ready, for she knew that smile of
> old.
>"Well then do be careful, for more than one of our kind has lost her
> way in my Labrynth."

GYPSY: Isn't it 3M-Continental Airlines Labyrinth by now?

> For an answer Witchie-Poo let loose the same laugh that had so often
> terrified the creatures of Living Island.

PEARL: But you could say the same for an air compressor, so don't read
too much into that.

>"Me? Get Lost?" she laughed again. "Just stay out of my way fancy
> pants!"

MADGE: Jeez, what is it with her and his pants? It's not healthy!

> Jareth smiled, bowed and vanished.
>
> "Orson, Seymour get over here." Both the spider and the vulture
> rushed over to Witchie- poo

SCRATCH (as TMBG): Spider!
GYPSY (same): He is our hero!
SCRATCH: Spider!
GYPSY: Get- *rid* of-

> and she harshly rapped each of them on the head
> and the beak with her wand.

MADGE: Mm, spider beaks! Not much meat, but good eatin'!

> "What was that for chiefy?" Seymour wailed.
>
> "Because I felt like it." Witchie-Poo barked.

PEARL: Wow, they've got all the comic timing of Abbot and
Costello... 's *lifeless, maggot-riddled corpses!*

> "What are we going to do oh glorious one?"

SCRATCH (Poo): Ah, violence-induced veneration. Gotta love it!
PEARL: You see, this is all I ask. Someone to talk to me like this.
Is it really such a big thing?

> "We aren't going to do anything you moth eaten pigeon."

MADGE: Moths eating pigeons?! Witches eating bugs?! What drunken
random number generator spat out the food chain on this island?

>she snarled,
>stressing the first word. "I'm going after my flute. You two stay
hear
>and make sure no one goes through that door. I smell a rat in tight
>pants.

GYPSY: Stuart Little!

> Now call out the guard and do what I tell you!"

SCRATCH (Orson): Um, Poo, we don't *have* a guard. That requires
money, which would mean you were doing something other than chasing
a useless yellow woodwind 24-7.

> She smacked each of them
> one more time and then took off, raising an evil smelling cloud of
> dust in her wake.

MADGE: Her wake?
SCRATCH: She's dead! Hail Dorothy! The story's over! Run for it,
guys!
PEARL (grabbing his horn): Get back here, coward.
SCRATCH (wincing): Ouch! Leggo. Please.

> Jenifer moved the squares on the giant cube as quickly as she could,
> every so often sparing a glance at the door. The cube had numbers
> instead of letters, but she knew the rules of the puzzle readily
> enough. Get all the ones on one side, all the twos on another side
> and so on.

GYPSY: Uh-huh. So Jareth is centuries old, but his Labyrinth runs on
annoying geek fads of the eighties!

> This was the fourth door she had faced since she had managed to get
> over the wall. The first one opened easily to her touch, and she
> nearly fallen into a pit of spikes.

PEARL: Mulligans, Lees, Joneses...

> The second one had a face carved into it and would only agree to
open
>after an hour long session of knock-knock jokes.

SCRATCH (door): Knock-knock!
MADGE (Jen): Who's there?
SCRATCH (door): A pajama-clad idiot.
MADGE (Jen): A pajama-clad idiot wh- hey!

> The third one had sung so beautifully and so hypnotically that
> Jenifer barely noticed when it stretch a clawed hand toward her
neck.
> That fight had left her with splinters and a determination that no
> door was going to stop her again.

GYPSY: If she's strong enough to splinter doors, why's she even
bothering with the puzzles?
PEARL: When she gets out of the Labyrinth, maybe she can do a guest
spot on "Martial Law"!

> But this door was in front of her, the sun and the light were fading
> fast and Jenifer was dead tired.
> "Darn it I'm not going to give up." Jenifer announced.

SCRATCH: She's got *spunk*! I *hate* spunk!

>The door was not
>impressed. It merely stood in her way.
>
> Angrily Jenifer manipulated the cube again.

MADGE (Jen): Damn! These one-sided cubes are the hardest ever!

>A few minutes later the puzzle was done and the door opened. Jenifer
>grunted in satisfaction and walked through.

PEARL (grunting): Ergh-ergh. Jen satisfied. Ergh.
GYPSY: Oh, no, the next door is guarded by one of those troll dolls!
And a Pet Rock!

> Once through the door dazzling sunlight blinded her. The temperature
> went up fifty degrees, the ground beneath her feet suddenly sloped
> away

MADGE (Jen): I wonder if I should check for *TRA-A-A-A-A-A...!*

> and with a surprised yelp Jenifer rolled down the hill and into the
> lake. Ice cold water chilled Jenifer to the bone and she desperately
> tore her way out of the water and on to the shore.

SCRATCH: Jareth's beta testing some of the rides for Henson's "Gonzo
World" theme park in Orlando.
PEARL: Here's your E ticket to hell, kid.

> Coughing she looked around. She was sitting on the shore of a small
> lake. Apple trees were all around, shading most of the lake from the
> hot afternoon sun. It was too much for Jenifer and she fainted.

[All chuckle.]
GYPSY: Yeah, I thought she was running rich. Fiddle with the choke
and
try starting her up again.
MADGE: Tae-Bo-ing a magic door to splinters, no problem. Confront her
with a set from the Wizard of Oz, however!

[Logo, Commercials]

--- End Part 3 ---

The font of all MSTdom...
The Pink Boy Buffet!
members.tripdod.com/pink_boy/default.html
e-mail: pinkbo...@hotmail.com

--- The Imp ---

"One person CAN make a difference...
but most of the time they probably shouln't."

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.