[MiSTing] Llanas Trilogy, Part III: "This Moment's Madness" (3 of 3)

1 view

Kaitou Juliet

Feb 28, 2002, 11:55:16 PM2/28/02

> Avon awoke suddenly with an agonizing scream.

Tom: [Avon] Aaaaaugh! The story's still going! I thought it was
all just a bad dream!

> His heart was
> pounding, and little rivulets of sweat cascaded down his forehead.
> He had trouble focusing on anything in the cave. His left arm
> throbbed

Crow: Sure that's his arm?

> with a sharp pain.
> Keyhna was soon standing beside him. "Are you all right?!
> What--"
> "My arm...it's my arm..." the computer expert moaned.
> "Let me see." Keyhna ripped open the sleeve of the tunic

Tom: Wasn't he wearing a robe?
Crow: Is this a bodice-ripper? A sleeve is close enough to a bodice,
isn't it?

> and
> exposed Avon's swollen

Crow: Oh boy!

> arm.

Crow: D'oh!

> A large reddish lump had formed on his
> inner arm just below the joint.

Joel: This must be the scene Dr. Forrester warned us about...
Tom: The *surgeon general* should have warnings for scenes like this!

> Keyhna touched the lump gently.

Crow: Uhh....
Joel: It's his arm! Just keep remembering, his *arm*!

> Avon cried out and tried to pull away. "It...it *hurts*!"

Tom: [Avon] Make it hurt so good! Sometimes love don't feel like it
should!

> Keyhna steadied his arm, holding it fast with both of her
> hands. "Keep still!" she commanded.

Tom: [Avon] Yes, Mistress!

> She studied the wound,
> carefully pushing and prodding, much to the computer expert's
> distress.

Joel: [Keyhna] Not there...not there...oh, be quiet. I'll find it
eventually.

> "It's an abscess," she concluded. "You probably had a
> fracture or a chip of bone there that I didn't notice.

Joel: She must have been one hell of a nurse back in the day...

> I can help
> you, but it'll hurt."
> "It...it...hurts...*now*! Go...go...ahead..."

Crow: [deep voice] Oh, yeah.

> "All right." Keyhna walked over to her pack and pulled out a
> knife and a small pan.

Tom: [Keyhna] But first, how about some fried green tomatoes?

> She set fire to a small piece of wood,

Joel: [Keyhna] I must make an offering to the spirits....

> and
> sterilized the blade with the flame. "I don't have any painkiller,
> Kerr.

Crow: [Avon] You don't? Um, maybe this isn't such a good idea.

> This'll hurt, but it's better than leaving your arm to
> gangrene."

Crow: [Avon] Says who?! I've changed my mind! I'll take my chances
with the gangrene!

> She gave him a piece of leather ripped from his old
> jacket.

Joel: Man, that 50-foot drop was enough to shred *leather*?

> "Bite this. And *don't* watch."

Tom: [Avon] Yes, Mistress.

> She waited for the
> computer expert to turn away,

Joel: [Keyhna] I'll get him when he's not looking.

> then held his arm fast in one hand
> while tying a cord just above his elbow.

Crow: She tapped the inside of his elbow until a nice, thick vein rose to
the surface, then readied the needle to administer his first taste
of "smack".

> She readied the knife and
> made an incision.
> Avon nearly went blind with the pain. He screamed,

Crow: [Avon] Yes! Yes! Yes! Yessss!

> so loudly
> that he could not hear her comfort him as she probed his arm for the
> bone chip. He felt the pain rise to an excruciating climax,

Crow: I feel so dirty...

> and
> then his mind went blank.

Tom: You mean it hasn't been blank the entire time?
Crow: The Soul-sucker must have found him unpalatable.

> "You passed out," Keyhna said.

Crow: [Keyhna] I'm just that damn good.

> Avon sat before her, pale and
> drenched with sweat, holding

Joel: --a cigarette.

> his aching arm. The swelling had all
> but gone, and his arm was numb.

Tom: Wait, wait, wait! Didn't you just say his arm was aching?
Orac: Perhaps this is his *other* arm.
[Crow snickers]

> "The pain must have been
> unbearable."
> "Yes," the computer expert agreed.

Crow: [Avon] Excruciatingly, wonderfully unbearable!

> "What did you do?"

Tom: [Avon] And could you do it again?

> "I made a simple incision to remove the bone chip causing the
> abscess. Here." She held the piece of bone out to Avon, then tucked
> it away in a pocket of her robe.

Joel: [Keyhna] I'll treasure it always--a little piece of you.

> "What?!" The thought of this made Avon sick.

Tom: Wait! Perhaps the real Avon has returned?

> "It's really not as bad as it sounds," she said, noticing the
> look on the computer expert's face.

Crow: [Keyhna] A little soy sauce, and it'll taste just great!

> "If I hadn't done it, you'd
> have lost that arm."
> "I thank you, then." Avon smiled weakly.

Tom: Never mind, it's still the wussy alien clone.

> It was the first
> time in a long time that a smile had crossed those lips.

Crow: Regrettably, it didn't stay long.

> "What will you do now, Kerr? There's really nothing for you
> here.

Joel: [Keyhna] Except me, of course. Hint, hint.

> Do you have a ship somewhere that can get you away from here?
> Unless, of course..." Keyhna paused. "Unless, of course, you're
> planning on dying?"

All: Please die! Please die!

> She half-smiled.
> Avon almost laughed. "No, no, not now. I think. I thank you
> for that, too. It took jumping off a cliff and *living* to show me
> that dying was not the way.

Tom: He's a little thick like that.

> The pain is there--it always will be,
> I'm sure--but it is under control now. You did that for me,
> Keyhna."

Crow: [Avon] I mean, Mistress.

> "No, Kerr," Keyhna began with a smile. "*You* did that for
> yourself."

Tom: After all, "Avon does for Avon, and Avon alone."

> She held his hand in her own.

Joel: [sings] I hold your hand in mine, dear...

> "As for leaving, my companions have a stolen Federation cruiser
> orbiting this planet. One of them came down for me, but at the time
> I was still not sure if I wanted to leave--or *live*. I didn't tell
> you for that reason."
> "I understand," she said.

Crow: ...turning various shades of purple.
Tom: [Keyhna] Certainly, I understand that you were too wrapped up in
your own selfish problems to think about getting me out of this
hellhole! No problem, no problem at all!

> "So anyway, he left me two teleport bracelets in a niche in
> this cave. I told him that I would contact them within two weeks,
> and that if I didn't, I was dead. It's been almost been two weeks.
> I don't want to die any more; I want to go back.

Tom and Crow: [singing, as Avon] I want to go back to the farm / Far
away from harm / with a milk-pail on my arm....

> That's what I'll
> do."
> "That's a wise choice, Kerr. A wise choice." Keyhna paused.
> "Did you say you had *two* teleport bracelets?"

Tom: [Avon] Yep. That idiot Vila can't count.

> "Yes." Avon knew what she was thinking, but he said nothing.

Crow: After all, he was still recovering, and wasn't sure he'd be up to
that kind of exercise just yet.

> "Take me with you, Kerr. There's nothing for me here; the
> Federation took it all. I can help you fight them. Please, let me
> go too." Her feelings were reflected in her eyes, which pleaded
> with the computer expert.

Tom: [Keyhna's eyes] Hey, don't forget us!!

> "Of course you're coming with me," Avon said with a smile.

Crow: He knows something she doesn't, sounds like!

> He
> walked back to the cave and returned the teleport bracelets.

Joel: [Avon] D'oh. I sent them up without us. Stupid, stupid,
stupid!

> "I owe you one."
> "One?" she questioned playfully, nudging him with her elbow.

Joel: When did this turn into a sitcom?
Tom: Gimme a Break?
Crow: Different Strokes?
Joel: Enough, Crow.

> "All right, *several*,"

Joel: [Avon] --hundred dollars and change. God, I need insurance.

> he said, as they both put on their
> bracelets. He spoke into his. "Tarrant? Avon."
> "Avon!"

Tom: [Tarrant] Avon? Tarrant. Del Tarrant.
Crow: [Avon] Tarrant? Avon. Kerr Avon.
Tom: Please kill me...

> "We're ready. Bring us up."

Tom: Wakachikawakachika...

> "Us?"
> Avon didn't have time to answer. He and Keyhna disappeared,
> leaving behing the desolate landscape of Llanas.

[They emerge from the theater. Avon is waiting for them on the bridge
with his phaser drawn]
Avon: Aha! There you are, Orac!
Orac: Back into the theatre, fellows!
Avon: Don't move... [points his phaser at Gypsy] ...or the purple one
dies.
Orac: Nooooooooo! [launches himself in front of the phaser blast.]
Joel: That was...pretty impressive, really.
Avon: [catching Orac] Excellent. You've led me on quite a chase,
Orac. I've had to search all over the ship for you. [looks
at Joel and the bots] So which of you collects underwear?
Joel and Crow: Tom.
Tom: Hey! But, uh...how did you get here, Mr. Avon? The ship's
supposed to be surrounded by an impenetrable barrier!
Avon: [mysteriously] Dr. Forrester's not the only one who can use
plot devices. Come along now, Orac....
Tom: You can't take our friend! Come on, Crow!
[Tom and Crow launch themselves simultaneously at Avon and somehow
manage to bring him to the ground. Crow pops up, holding Avon's
teleport bracelet.]
Avon: Give me that!
Crow: HAH! Not until you give back Orac! Otherwise, you'll be
trapped here--forced to watch horrible movies and fanfics with
the rest of us!
Avon: Not really. Vila handed out the bracelets when I left, and he
has this little problem with counting...
[He pulls another bracelet out of his pocket]
Orac: Gypsy, you'll come back with me, won't you?
Gypsy: I'm sorry, Orac. I have to take care of the higher functions
of the ship for these guys.
Avon: Time to go, Orac. I hate long goodbyes.
Tom and Crow: Nooooo!
Orac: [as he and Avon begin to fade out] Farewell, my friends! I will
never forget you! Perhaps someday I can reopen the space-time
continuum and find you all again... [he and Avon disappear]
Tom: Awwww. I'll miss him.
Crow: [sniffles] He'll be all right, won't he, Joel? Won't he?
Joel: I'm sure he'll be fine. We'll add him to our prayer list, just
like Megaweapon.
[Mads' light flashes.]
Joel: [hits the light] Well, what do you think, sirs?

[Deep 13. Frank and Dr. Forrester are sitting on the couch, finishing
off the foamy green stuff.]
Frank: You know, it's nice to have company, but it's even nicer when
they go away and you have the place to yourself again.
Dr. F: Yes, indeed, Frank. Yes, indeed.
[They clink their glases together in a toast]
Frank: [tastes the green stuff] You know, I think this would go well
with a twist of lime.
[He gets up.]
Dr. F: Frank, while you're getting the lime, press the button too.
Frank: Okay.
[He presses the button and the screen goes blank.]

\ | /
\ | /
- - - o - - - PWOOSH!
/ | \
/ | \

"Mystery Science Theater 3000" and its related characters and
situations are trademarks of and copyrighted [c] 2002 by Best
Brains, Inc. All rights reserved.

"Blake's 7" belongs to the British Broadcasting Corporation.

Use of copyrighted and trademarked material is for non-commercial
parody, review, and commentary purposes only; no infringement on the
original copyrights or trademarks held by Best Brains, Inc., or the
BBC is intended or should be inferred.

No personal insults to author(s), character(s), or situation(s) are
or should be implied.

Stinger: