Potter's wife

ESolomonso

Aug 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/6/00
Who is the woman in the picture on Potter's desk? I know it's supposed to be
his wife but who is she? What's her name and I don't mean Mrs. Potter?

Manic

Aug 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/7/00
"ESolomonso" <esolo...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Who is the woman in the picture on Potter's desk? I know it's supposed to
be
> his wife but who is she? What's her name and I don't mean Mrs. Potter?

The photo of 'Mildred' was actually a portrait of Verna Felton (1890-1966):
http://us.imdb.com/Name?Felton,+Verna

This was a posthumous tribute by Harry Morgan, who co-starred with her in
"Pete and Gladys": http://us.imdb.com/Title?0053529

In AfterMash, she was played by Barbara Townsend, then Ann Pitoniak.

HTH

ESolomonso

Aug 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/7/00
Thank you!

Elsig

Aug 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/7/00
>The photo of 'Mildred' was actually a portrait of Verna Felton (1890-1966):

I'm afraid that is incorrect. It was a picture of first Harry Morgan's wife.
Harry asked if we would use it, and we did,

LG

Genna Reeney

Aug 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/7/00
"Elsig" <el...@aol.com> wrote in message

That's even better... Did he throw her a salute before each taping?
--
Cheers,
Genna

ESolomonso

Aug 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/7/00
Thanks LG, once again, you come though!

Elsig

Aug 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/7/00
>Did he throw her a salute before each taping?

I assume he did. I never peeked.

LG

The Avocado Avenger

Aug 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/8/00
Elsig wrote:

> >The photo of 'Mildred' was actually a portrait of Verna Felton
> >(1890-1966):
>
> I'm afraid that is incorrect. It was a picture of first Harry
> Morgan's wife. Harry asked if we would use it, and we did,

I'd like to be irritatingly pedantic and ask if you meant Harry
Morgan's first wife? If not, what did you do to the first Harry Morgan,
and where did you find the second one?
On a more serious note, why did he want to use her pic? Irritation
value?

--
Stacia * "I've often seen the Father, the Son
The Avocado Avenger * and the Holy Ghost in our breakfast

Manic

Aug 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/8/00
"Elsig" <el...@aol.com> wrote in message
> >The photo of 'Mildred' was actually a portrait of Verna Felton
(1890-1966):

> I'm afraid that is incorrect. It was a picture of first Harry Morgan's
wife.
> Harry asked if we would use it, and we did,
>
> LG

Oh dear - I'm the victim of misinformation. Perhaps Elsig would care to shit
on a certain webmaster from a great height?

;o)

Elsig

Aug 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/8/00
>why did he want to use her pic?

Just felt comfortable for Harry to relate to a real woman when doing his lines
as a character thousands of miles away from home.

LG

TheGarbageGuy

Aug 21, 2000, 2:49:05 AM8/21/00
And not to post out of the NG, if I offend anyone, please forgive me. But
IIRC
Isn't the same picture on Captain Gannons desk in the remake of Dragnet?
my brother and I saw that the other day and could've swore it was the very
same picture..anyone know??
R. <r7777*@cdmnet.com> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes
>

> Remove " * " to reply to me.
>
> Elsig wrote in message <20000807150115...@ng-cg1.aol.com>...

> >>The photo of 'Mildred' was actually a portrait of Verna Felton
> (1890-1966):
> >>

> >I'm afraid that is incorrect. It was a picture of first Harry Morgan's
> wife.
> >Harry asked if we would use it, and we did,
> >
> >LG
>
> And Cara Williams was the actress who played "Gladys Porter" not
> Verna Felton.
> Verna Felton was on the original "December Bride" where they spun off
> "Pete & Gladys" [I remember seeing Harry for the first time as "Pete
> Porter" from that show!; Sept. '60 - Sept. '62], where Verna played
> "Hilda Crocker" [as she did on "December Bride" with Spring Byington
> ("Lily Ruskin"), Oct. '54 - Sept. '59]
> BTW, you might remember Verna Felton better as the maid ["Mrs.
> Porter" Apr. '53] in an "I Love Lucy" episode where Lucy tries to get
> rid of her by making that huge mess in the living room at the end of
> that episode.

popwe...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2019, 4:01:14 PM9/2/19
That photo on Potter's desk is NOT Verna Felton! Look up Verna Felton on IMDb and it's obvious that it's not the same woman.