HENRY'S "THE INTERVIEW" INTERVIEW

el...@aol.com

Feb 9, 2006, 3:20:21 PM2/9/06
REPORTER: How does it feel, having the responsibility for saving such a
great number of lives?
HENRY: We just take 'em one or two, sometimes maybe twenty at a time.
The big trick is not to start thinking of 'em as numbers - as just
so many stats that go into a report that winds up in somebody's
filing cabinet under "out of sight, out of mind." You've gotta
always remember that what you're dealing with is hurt people, people
that have been run over by a war.
REPORTER: And not just -
HENRY: You gotta remember to take a peek at the odd dog tag now and
then and remind yourself that that dangling leg or busted gut you're
going to try and put back together again is somebody's dad or son or
boyfriend - that all that blood and guts soiling your linen belongs
to somebody that's got a name attached to him.
REPORTER: You can't afford to lose your sense of humanity.
HENRY: There's just so many senses you can lose over here.
REPORTER: Humor not being one of them, obviously.
HENRY: Around here laughter's just crying without the tears.
REPORTER: You have a family back home, sir?
HENRY: In Bloomington. The one in Illinois, not in Indiana - unless
things have changed since I went away.
REPORTER: You keep in touch with them, of course, your family.
HENRY: We write, we phone. Far apart as we are, I don't think we've
ever been closer.
REPORTER: Would you like to say hello to them on television?
HENRY: Be better if this was kissovision, but, yeah, can I?
REPORTER: Go right ahead.
HENRY: Lorraine? Hi, honey. Hi, kids. I got your report cards this
morning and I had Radar go out post 'em on the bulletin board here so
everybody can see why I'm so darn proud of you. Especially how
you're doing in math. You must get those brains from your mom. Got
to be. Old as I am, I still don't know how many tens to give someone
for a five-dollar bill. (TO REPORTER) Thanks.
REPORTER: That it?
HENRY: That's it. (TO CAMERA) Except I'm counting the days till
we're back together again.
REPORTER: You have any idea when that will be?
HENRY: I try not to have too many ideas. There's always someone who
ranks you who's sure you'll agree he's got a better one.
REPORTER: When you do finally get home, what are you going to tell your
children is the biggest lesson being over here has taught you?
HENRY: To always try to work things out, I guess. Whatever those
things might happen to be. You don't make your point killing the other
guy. Even if you do it's kind of wasted if the other guys not around
to get the message.
REPORTER: You seem - if all may so, Colonel - you seem near exhaustion.
HENRY: What I am mostly is tired of being tired. We're supposed to
be a hospital but it's more like a chop shop around here. We're up
to our elbows in people that other people are doing their best to chop
down.
REPORTER: That doesn't lead to a lot of sleep, I would imagine.
HENRY: I used to think of sleeping in terms of hours. How many did I
get last night, how many will I get to steal tonight. I'm down to
minutes now. It's like somebody broke one hand off the clock.
REPORTER: Does that ever affect your performance?
HENRY: I fell asleep a few weeks ago in the middle of resecting a
patient's bowel. How's that for exhausted?
REPORTER: Does that fishing hat mean there are those times when you do
get to get away from it all?
HENRY: What it means is that I have to fish for those times. And let
me say, the biting's pretty poor.
REPORTER: Business is too good around here.
HENRY: Let's just say it takes a whole lot longer to take a bullet
out of a belly than it does putting one into one.
REPORTER: Thank you, sir.
HENRY: Can I say one more thing?
REPORTER: Of course.
HENRY: I just want you to know we all here are grateful for this visit
you've paid us, this attention you're paying to the job we're doing.
You get the feeling sometimes, being over here that, aside from our
families, we've kind of dropped off the planet, that we've been
kind of disinvited to the party - like everyone back home is busy
living their real lives and for us to give them a call when we get back
to town. (TO REPORTER) That sound too preachy?
REPORTER: It sounded just fine, Colonel.
HENRY: Henry. I'm a lot more a Henry than I'll ever be colonel.
REPORTER: Thank you, Henry.
HENRY: Tell me the truth: didn't that feel better?
REPORTER: You're an excellent doctor.
HENRY: Hey - that's why I'm over here getting 300 hundred dollars a
month.

Leslie

Feb 9, 2006, 3:40:51 PM2/9/06
Thank you,Elsig. It's sounded right in time.

Parry

Feb 9, 2006, 3:41:20 PM2/9/06
el...@aol.com wrote:
> REPORTER: How does it feel, having the responsibility for saving such
> a great number of lives?

2 comments...

1. WOW

2. gets a point over with out being preachy....

--
Parry
http://www.pazza.biz

sg

Feb 9, 2006, 3:49:45 PM2/9/06

Leslie wrote:
> Thank you,Elsig. It's sounded right in time.

In 6 days it is 10 years since McLean Stevenson died.

Leslie

Feb 9, 2006, 3:58:59 PM2/9/06

Yeah.. But I meant that "I have no words" only good impression.
Not preachy at all, honest.

Jack Burrito

Feb 9, 2006, 4:26:19 PM2/9/06
Larry,

I'm impressed that after all this time, being away from the character
as long as you have been, to be able to hit a home run.

bravo, Sir!

Jack B.

el...@aol.com

Feb 9, 2006, 4:44:24 PM2/9/06
Thank you, Leslie.

el...@aol.com

Feb 9, 2006, 4:46:13 PM2/9/06
Thanks, Jack.

The truth is, l have never been (nor probably ever will be) very far
from these sharacters.

LG

David Galleon

Feb 9, 2006, 5:22:03 PM2/9/06
Henry couldn't put that many words together and Stevenson wasn't that
good of an actor to pull it off...."You have to know the actor can make
the scene work, or you rework the scene."

Leslie

Feb 9, 2006, 5:42:13 PM2/9/06
Yep..
Gelbart's creations ..They don't need someone to pull them off.

el...@aol.com

Feb 9, 2006, 5:55:59 PM2/9/06

"You have to know the actor can make
the scene work, or you rework the scene."

I will rework it as soon as l find the time. Thanks for your
expertise.

LG

Leslie

Feb 9, 2006, 6:06:39 PM2/9/06

...simple.
That's why I love first seasons.

sg

Feb 9, 2006, 6:24:35 PM2/9/06

Absolutely.. agree. They are perfect and simple.
What's a matter with you,ls, you become preachy.

Leslie

Feb 9, 2006, 6:37:01 PM2/9/06
Thanks a lot.:) bad influence of Platon. My project in college.

Dan

Feb 9, 2006, 6:38:11 PM2/9/06

Just wonderful, Larry. Put a tear in my eye.

Dan

sg

Feb 9, 2006, 7:05:09 PM2/9/06
Looking forward for all your reworks...Larry.

Eddie

Feb 9, 2006, 7:18:16 PM2/9/06

<el...@aol.com> wrote in message

Thanks, Larry! I'm keeping this.

deny

Feb 9, 2006, 7:23:35 PM2/9/06

It's beautiful, Larry. Thanks!

Leslie,it's not so bad. Don't worry.

MarkO

Feb 9, 2006, 7:42:29 PM2/9/06
H-O-L-Y C-O-W! This is like finding The Dead Sea Scrolls. THANK YOU,
Larry Gelbart. I turned my back for 2 weeks and missed this GLORIOUS
post. I envision Henry speaking these lines as I read them. What a
treat...from the man, himself!

MarkO

Feb 9, 2006, 7:49:10 PM2/9/06
Lol...ok, ok...wait a minute. My fiancee just reminded me that this is
a new post, not one that appeared within 2 weeks. Forgive me, I had no
idea today was the 9th. 7 trips to the dmv, and dealing with nursing
homes, lawyers and a reletive's colonoscopy preparation-- which
required 2 hours of clean up and one can of comet has caused my
judgement to be impaired.

Parry

Feb 9, 2006, 8:50:35 PM2/9/06
David Galleon wrote:
> Henry couldn't put that many words together and Stevenson wasn't that
> good of an actor to pull it off...."You have to know the actor can
> make the scene work, or you rework the scene."

I completly disagree - a recent discussion about Henry & the Mayo Clinic,
even that part was so well played by Mac, that one scene & Radars
announcement are probably the two scenes that could bring me to tears...
Henry was a bumbler but only when he was panicing (the court marshall & such
like) when he was being himself (the one where they watch the home movie,
and Deal me out etc etc) he was just a normal person... look at Klinger
during the Interview, nothing like his character running around and such
like... it was a more normal quieter,

--
Parry
http://www.pazza.biz

Gazzoo

Feb 9, 2006, 10:38:17 PM2/9/06
<el...@aol.com> wrote:

> HENRY: Around here laughter's just crying without the tears.

I think I'm going to cry...or laugh...

Larry, I hope you used this line somewhere else cause it's too good to
waste on us.

BG

PS: Would it be greedy to ask for a Hot Lips interview? We never got
one in your original show.

George Hiebert

Feb 9, 2006, 11:23:54 PM2/9/06

"Eddie" <Esolom...@verizon.net> wrote

> Thanks, Larry! I'm keeping this.

Yep, that is most definately a keeper if ever there was one. It's almost
like discovering a lost episode. Is Elsig the best or what? What other tv
newsgroup has a writer doing stuff like this. Damn, we're lucky.

Stormin Mormon

Feb 10, 2006, 8:31:19 AM2/10/06
Was it just me? I saw "Henry" but when I read the text, it sounded like
Sherm.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Leslie" <Leslie...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

PAUL GADZIKOWSKI

Feb 10, 2006, 9:13:34 AM2/10/06
I'd forgotten you'd promised us this, Larry. Thanks for the temporary
revival of the character who brought me to the show.

Paul Gadzikowski, scar...@iglou.com since 1995
http://www.arthurkingoftimeandspace.com New cartoons daily.
http://members.iglou.com/scarfman/new.htm Fanfiction stories and cartoons.

"Must ... have ... shiny ... bacon ..."

Eddie

Feb 10, 2006, 11:20:06 AM2/10/06

"George Hiebert" <ge...@shaw.ca> wrote in message

Funny, I said the same thing to myself.

el...@aol.com

Feb 10, 2006, 12:05:32 PM2/10/06
Thanks, Dan.

LG

el...@aol.com

Feb 10, 2006, 12:06:13 PM2/10/06
Thanks for your thanks, Eddie.

LG

el...@aol.com

Feb 10, 2006, 12:08:06 PM2/10/06
"What other tv newsgroup has a writer doing stuff like this. Damn,
we're lucky."

I haven't submitted my bill yet, George.

LG

el...@aol.com

Feb 10, 2006, 12:09:03 PM2/10/06
ThankO, MarkO.

LG

el...@aol.com

Feb 10, 2006, 12:11:29 PM2/10/06

BG

Gazzoo:

Nothing's too good for this NG.

I'll try to do one for HL later on.

LG

el...@aol.com

Feb 10, 2006, 12:12:17 PM2/10/06
Thanks, PG.

LG

Mikael Uhlin

Feb 10, 2006, 12:23:45 PM2/10/06
"George Hiebert" <ge...@shaw.ca> wrote:
>is most definately a keeper if ever there was one. It's almost
>like discovering a lost episode.

I agree!

Leslie

Feb 10, 2006, 4:03:12 PM2/10/06

For me it sounded like Henry,only Henry. New( because It never
happened),but Henry indeed. Amazing work, Larry.
It got me crying a bit and smiling too...when I try to imagine
this scene.

Eddie

Feb 10, 2006, 4:35:10 PM2/10/06

"David Galleon" <saga...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Henry couldn't put that many words together

Why not? He might have been somewhat less than a stellar CO, but that
doesn't mean he wasn't educated.

>and Stevenson wasn't that
> good of an actor to pull it off....

We have a difference of opinion here. Remember, this episode, The Interview,
was one, if not the only, episode that was, to an extent, unscripted as far
as the answers go. Mac could very well have answered these questions as Mac
and not Henry. The only person that was never "at ease" with his performance
was Mac himself. Everyone else thought he did a fine job, as do I.

"You have to know the actor can make
> the scene work, or you rework the scene."

You're telling this to one man who, for those three years working with Mac,
did nothing but eat, sleep and drink the characters.

David Galleon

Feb 10, 2006, 5:16:21 PM2/10/06
Sorry friend, but Gelbart never thought that Henry was a strong actor
either...."fluff and mugging is what he did best..."

el...@aol.com

Feb 10, 2006, 5:22:08 PM2/10/06
Reflecting on have a go at a Hot Lips interview, l think it's better if
l don't. You have to remember l wrote for HT before she became so
thoroughly Margaret.

Eddie

Feb 10, 2006, 5:30:34 PM2/10/06

> Sorry friend, but Gelbart never thought that Henry was a strong actor
> either...."fluff and mugging is what he did best..."

"I loved whoever I was writing for. Each was rich in characteristics, each
had a different point of view, each had a different background. It was nice
to be able to skip from one to the other, and I didn't favor one over the
other. Well, perhaps Hawkeye, making him my microphone in a way."

(Yet to be published interview from 1/20/04)

Fluff and mugging? Never heard that before.

MarkO

Feb 10, 2006, 6:47:52 PM2/10/06
You wrote for her when she was at her peak. During your years, every
single actor/actress involved with MASH deserved an emmy. I believe it
was Swit who said "you can't say a Larry Gelbart line and not be
funny". I'm content with Henry/Trapper interviews (although, it would
be fun to hear "the old" hot lips back)

Stormin Mormon

Feb 10, 2006, 9:26:01 PM2/10/06
Request permission to write HL interview.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

<el...@aol.com> wrote in message

Gazzoo

Feb 10, 2006, 10:33:04 PM2/10/06
<el...@aol.com> wrote:

mmmm....

I think I'll take the weekend and try and read between the lines.

Gumbo ...

Feb 10, 2006, 10:34:32 PM2/10/06
First off LG I have to say you still got it... I've read the interview
twice and I could picture it more and more of Henry doing the
interview...

It came across to me as more of a later season Henry... More of how he
was in season 3... More of being educated like and not just a few word
answers or fumbling for words...

On a side note... I'm almost done with 'Wired' and will be starting
your book next from our last discussion about Belushi... I read the
chapter about what happen with Neighbors and I was just shaking my
head in amazement on what you had to be thinking when all of that was
going on...

Leslie

Feb 11, 2006, 2:20:58 AM2/11/06

Interview for Margaret and interview for HL - probably different...i
think
I agree with Mark

MarkO wrote:
"although, it would be fun to hear "the old" hot lips back"

It would be very interesting to hear Hot Lips interview.

el...@aol.com

Feb 11, 2006, 9:03:57 AM2/11/06
To Gazzoo:

Incidentally, l have never used that line before.

LG

el...@aol.com

Feb 11, 2006, 9:09:49 AM2/11/06
David Galleon:

Please remind me where and when l said about Mac, "fluff and mugging is
what he did best."

LG

PAUL GADZIKOWSKI

Feb 11, 2006, 11:59:40 AM2/11/06
Stormin Mormon <cayoung61-#spamblock*-@hotmail.com> wrote:
: Was it just me? I saw "Henry" but when I read the text, it sounded like
: Sherm.

Try listening to it in Henry's voice as you read.

Stormin Mormon

Feb 11, 2006, 12:24:50 PM2/11/06
Meadow muffins!

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"PAUL GADZIKOWSKI" <scar...@iglou.com> wrote in message

PAUL GADZIKOWSKI

Feb 11, 2006, 8:19:16 PM2/11/06
el...@aol.com wrote:
: Reflecting on have a go at a Hot Lips interview, l think it's better if

: l don't. You have to remember l wrote for HT before she became so
: thoroughly Margaret.

Well, that's appropriate in its way. Presumably in an alternate universe
where McLean and Wayne both stayed at least one more year, that
wouldn't've had an effect on whether Loretta took the leave of absence she
took.

Eddie

Feb 12, 2006, 3:38:31 PM2/12/06

"David Galleon" <saga...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Sorry friend, but Gelbart never thought that Henry was a strong actor
> either...."fluff and mugging is what he did best..."

Gelbart never said that.

terry....@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2006, 9:19:15 PM2/12/06
Mr Gelbart,

You are the best. I still cry when I see some older MASH shows and am
amazed at the language and brilliance of the words you wrote. Thinking
TV is sadly gone today and my kids will never know what it is like to
sit down and watch All in the Family, MASH, Mary Tyler Moore, Bob
Newhart and Carol Burnett like I did with my parents. That was MUST SEE
TV.

el...@aol.com

Feb 13, 2006, 8:41:19 PM2/13/06
Thanks, Terry,

LG

Stormin Mormon

Feb 14, 2006, 2:39:02 PM2/14/06
REPORTER: Do you have a moment?
MARGARET: Cooper! We need more sponges over here!
REPORTER: Is this a bad time?
MARGARET: With three days of casualties, I don't think we'll find a good
time. Suction, doctor. Yes, doctor, adjust the light.
REPORTER: You are the chief nurse, in this medical outfit?
MARGARET: Suture. Clamp. Uh, yes, I'm the chief nurse. Retraction, doctor.
REPORTER: It sounds like you have a lot of responsibility, here.
MARGARET: I'm in charge of three shifts of nurses, plus being a scrub nurse
for OR at moments like this. KELLY! Can't you see that he needs a forehead
wipe!
REPORTER: Really. How many people are under you?
MARGARET: At the moment, eight. We had nine, but she got transferred out a
couple days ago.
REPORTER: Is that really enough nurses to work in such an outfit as this?
MARGARET: No, but fortunately, CORPSMAN! Get this man to post op! we have
some skilled nurses. They often work far longer than their scheduled shift.
REPORTER: When you were a little girl, did you ever envision yourself being
charge nurse at a MASH outfit?
MARGARET: Oh, it's been so long since I was a little girl. Dad wanted me to
work in some kind of a hospital. It was peace time, and so he wanted me to
work at Walter Reed. This isn't exactly what, gown and gloves doctor, Dad
wanted. He did stop and visit the one time.
REPORTER: So, you still see your father?
MARGARET: Well, scalpel, he did visit once. He writes now and again, but he
is so busy with his career. It is hardly fair to think he'd spend all his
life on me. After all, he has a war to fight.
REPORTER: And what does your mother think?
MARGARET: Clamp. Suction. Oh, she died when I was very young. I don't
remember my mother. All I remember was that my Dad could wear boots, and he
wanted me to wear these silly dresses. I was five years old when I got my
first set of fatigues. I was so proud, I wore them to bed for a week.
REPORTER: And the Army has been your life since then?
MARGARET: I didn't know what a civillian was until I was six, and then I
finally figured it out that a civillian was KLINGER! You should know better
to wear high heels in the OR. Get into some sensible shoes! You'll trip and
fall and hurt yourself. And get some more gauze for Dr. McIntire! oh, yes, a
civillian. Well, like I say, I didn't even know what one was. Thought it was
some kind of bird or something.
REPORTER: Do you see yourself rising higher in rank than Major?
MARGARET: Well, Dad says I might make Colonel some time if I can ever get
assigned stateside.
REPORTER: Do you make friends at your assignments?
MARGARET: Scalpel. Clamp. Wipe. You know, there are so many wonderful people
I meet at my assignments. There was a doctor I knew in Seoul, he could crush
beer cans with his knees. And he had Japanese swords, too.
REPORTER: I mean, maybe someone here you'd like to stay in contact with
after the war?
MARGARET: Wipe. More gauze. KELLY! THAT BOTTLE OF A NEGATIVE IS ALMOST
EMPTY! I don't know. I mean, I never really think of my fellow soldiers as
someone I want to keep in contact with.
REPORTER: Well, maybe some of these folks are doctors as well as soldiers.
MARGARET: And some of the finest doctors I've ever worked with. I mean,
there are all kinds of things they can do. Even when they have never seen an
operation, they know it needs to be done, and they just go ahead and do it.
REPORTER: Would you be comfortable with them operating on a member of your
family?
MARGARET: Clamp. I have great confidence in these doctors.
REPORTER: How about Major Burns?
MARGARET: Suture. Just friends, sir.
REPORTER: I mean, would you trust him as a doctor?
MARGARET: Clamp. Is this going to be broadcast in the States?
REPORTER: Yes, we are preparing film for a nationwide broadcast.
MARGARET: Wipe. And, doctor, I'll get the light.
REPORTER: Would you rather talk about something else?
MARGARET: If you don't mind, sir.
REPORTER: How do you get along with the nurses?
MARGARET: They are a dedicated KELLY! ARE THOSE INSTURMENTS STERILE? DID YOU
STERILIZE THOSE? bunch of nurses. I greatly respect them.
REPORTER: What about nurse Klinger?
MARGARET: Oh, he's mostly harmless. Dad had a couple of men in dresses in
his outfit when I was a little girl. I was always jealous, they could march
better than I could.
REPORTER: What do you think you are getting out of this war?
MARGARET: I sure hope for a promotion to colonel. Dad would love that so
much.
REPORTER: Have your medical skills improved any?
MARGARET: Oh, we've had so many casualties, it's all pretty much the same
after awhile.
REPORTER: Have you ever had to discipline any of the nurses?
MARGARET: Well, yes, but we seldom discuss that as it's Army Confidential.
REPORTER: I understand.
MARGARET: But for the most part, I've given them all good reviews.
REPORTER:
MARGARET:
REPORTER:
MARGARET:
REPORTER:
MARGARET:
REPORTER:
MARGARET:
REPORTER:
MARGARET:
REPORTER:
MARGARET:
REPORTER:
MARGARET:

ls

Feb 14, 2006, 2:58:54 PM2/14/06
Thats Great! SM.Just great!

David Brunt

Feb 14, 2006, 3:01:46 PM2/14/06
"Stormin Mormon" wrote

> REPORTER:
> MARGARET:
> REPORTER:
> MARGARET:
> REPORTER:
> MARGARET:

Apparently they whispered...

ls

Feb 14, 2006, 3:34:36 PM2/14/06
Apparently we are out of operational... need masks.

No,really. SM. I think it's hard to write interview for Margaret. You
shoul think
like a women a bit.
You doing very good.

el...@aol.com

Feb 15, 2006, 8:35:01 AM2/15/06
Excellent try, SM.

l hesitate editing in a public forum.

l'm impressed by your industry and application.

LG

Stormin Mormon

Feb 15, 2006, 8:51:09 AM2/15/06
Everyone's a critic. You were supposed to help me by filling in the blanks.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"David Brunt" <dv...@davidbrunt.fsnet.co.u.k.> wrote in message

Stormin Mormon

Feb 15, 2006, 8:55:52 AM2/15/06
Some folks have writing talent and genius (such as yourself). Others have a
deep longing to be part of the MASH family (such as myself). I do what I can
to participate, but at the same time realizing I will never be truly part of
the MASH family. I have no military experience, and have never met in person
any of the writers, actors, producers. I remain just a watcher of the show,
and a reader of the news group.

I will probably write again, and I thank you for your patience with my
writing efforts -- such as they are.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

<el...@aol.com> wrote in message

el...@aol.com

Feb 15, 2006, 10:05:37 AM2/15/06
Filling in the blanks:

> REPORTER: What is it that you miss the most, not being home?
> MARGARET:This hospital is my home, sir.
> REPORTER: You don't miss being stateside?
> MARGARET: There's never any shortage of Americans around here.
> REPORTER: You're a remarkable woman, Major.
> MARGARET: It's the doctors who are the real heroes. It's an honor for me to serve under each and everyone of them.

LG

el...@aol.com

Feb 15, 2006, 10:07:35 AM2/15/06
"I will never be truly part of the MASH family."

What do you this this NG is?

Kepp writing, SM.

LG

Parry

Feb 15, 2006, 1:21:46 PM2/15/06
el...@aol.com wrote:
> Filling in the blanks:

>> MARGARET: It's the doctors who are the real heroes. It's an honor
>> for me to serve under each and everyone of them.

thought that was just generals?

--
Parry
http://www.pazza.biz

ls

Feb 15, 2006, 6:26:23 PM2/15/06

I am not a critic in this post.
Good work!!

Bill Parr

Feb 15, 2006, 8:36:04 PM2/15/06
Agreed on Hot Lips being at her peak the first few years - before she was so
thoroughly tamed and normalized.

And agreed on the quality of the writing when LG appeared in the credits.

Bill Parr

"MarkO" <mar...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

David Galleon

Feb 16, 2006, 5:06:05 PM2/16/06

NEVER SAID MR. GELBART SAID THAT ABOUT "Mac"....MR. GELBART NEVER
THOUGHT STEVENSON WAS A STRONG ACTOR....A REVIEWER TALKING ABOUT
STEVENSON CAREER (WHICH INCLUDED "LARRY" buuurrrppp) SAID THAT AND I
MERELY AGREE AND I AM NAUGHT, BUT A MASH FAN.....I DON'T PRETEND TO ME
MR. GELBART.

Parry

Feb 16, 2006, 6:14:29 PM2/16/06

elsig is Mr Gelbart.....

--
Parry
http://www.pazza.biz

Gumbo ...

Feb 18, 2006, 10:46:59 PM2/18/06
Stormin... Love the interview but it gave me more of a Hot Lips
feeling from the movie... I know Margaret was hard on the nurses but
don't recall snappin at them for each and every little thing they
didn't do...

Stormin Mormon

Feb 19, 2006, 2:01:31 PM2/19/06
The scene was that she was in surgery, and trying to coordinate nursing, and
also do an interview. So, shouts for sutures, etc. Cause she couldn't leave
the table. She was also passing insturments at that time of the interview.

Shoulda made that more clear.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Gumbo ..." <Gu...@mkx.org> wrote in message

Stormin Mormon

Feb 19, 2006, 2:01:31 PM2/19/06
Ah, that's the good old team spirit showing through. Thanks for the creative
genius, Mr. Gelbart.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

<el...@aol.com> wrote in message

Stormin Mormon

Feb 19, 2006, 2:01:31 PM2/19/06
Oh, I never thought of it that way. I'll keep writing.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

<el...@aol.com> wrote in message

TheUberBob

Feb 20, 2006, 8:45:55 PM2/20/06
Ever since AOL discontinued newsgroup access and I've had to go through
Google I've spent less time looking through newsgroups. I haven't been
on this one in several months, but after signing on today and seeing
this beautiful post I'll be making a point to pop by more often.

elsig, thank you so very much for this. As many others have noted it's
a rare treat to see someone of your status do something like this and
we really do appreciate it.

All the best,
-Bob Schaefer, Jr.-

el...@aol.com

Feb 21, 2006, 12:27:19 PM2/21/06
Thanks, Bob.

LG

David Galleon

Feb 21, 2006, 3:28:11 PM2/21/06
AND I AM DAVID GALLEON.......

sg

Feb 21, 2006, 3:36:56 PM2/21/06

Stormin Mormon wrote:
> Everyone's a critic. You were supposed to help me by filling in the blanks.

Impressive, SM.

Just one thing, Elsig is attentive to every single person here..