T.C's van for sale!?

Martin Eden

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
This site is selling T.C's van! I have naught a clue if it is the real
McCoy. (site says it is...)

http://members.aol.com/krampetz3/

How in the heck did T.C's van end up in Louisville, Kentucky?

Dave...if you happen to be reading this...have you got room in the closet
for this baby? I am sure Rick's car is taking up some room....maybe we can
squeeze this next to Higgins' canon.

Martin

PETEKOW

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
Dave has Ricks car and the cannon?

Martin Eden

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
Well...and the house too.

:-)

"PETEKOW" <pet...@aol.com> wrote in message

David Romas

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
In article <yxD%4.102409$h01.8...@news1.rdc1.mi.home.com>, Martin says...

>This site is selling T.C's van! I have naught a clue if it is the real
>McCoy. (site says it is...) http://members.aol.com/krampetz3/
>Dave...if you happen to be reading this...have you got room

Room in my garage - yes. Room in my budget - sadly, no. Lori Krampetz
and I have corresponded about her Island Hoppers van for a few years now.
She sent me snapshots and its mechanics history two or three years ago and
she put up this website soon after that. I plugged this website here on
the newsgroup for several weeks in 1997 or early '98 - trying to help her
get the word out to the very folks who, we thought, most likely would be
interested. But I gather that there wasn't much interest. Since she's
still got the site up there, I suppose she hasn't sold the van yet, which
now is with her in Seattle, if I remember correctly.

If Deja.com's archive features were working (they haven't been for a few
weeks now - Deja says it's because they're switching server systems or
something like that), I'd be able to dredge up my earlier postings about
this and repost them. The van is in pretty good shape, for its age. And
I considered her price back then to be reasonable - at least as a place to
begin negotiation. At this point in my life, though, I just don't have the
money to lay out for something like this - a depreciating item which would
be continuously costly were I to choose to try to maintain it road-worthy.
It kills me not to be able to get this van! But getting it just isn't
realistic for me. What good would it be for me to buy it if I couldn't
afford to maintain it in the pristine condition that would do it justice?

:-(

...But, damn, what an excellent addition to Magnum Memorabilia it would be!

David Romas
Magnum Memorabilia
(MPI's international foundation for
collecting, production, scholarship and fan services)

norm_n1095a

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
...does anyone know how much they want for it?

Norm

Scott

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00

David Romas <ac2...@wayne.edu> wrote in message

> In article <yxD%4.102409$h01.8...@news1.rdc1.mi.home.com>, Martin
says...
> >This site is selling T.C's van! I have naught a clue if it is the real
> >McCoy. (site says it is...) http://members.aol.com/krampetz3/
> >Dave...if you happen to be reading this...have you got room

> I suppose she hasn't sold the van yet, which
> now is with her in Seattle, if I remember correctly.

I'll let you know if I see it cruising about!

Scott