Latin on the map...

Jordan

Mar 30, 2006, 1:46:42 AM3/30/06
I only got the first one of these on my own, Googled the rest:

Cogito ergo doleo means "I think therefore I'm depressed."

Sursum corda:
<http://www.thefreedictionary.com/sursum%20corda>
"Noun 1. sursum corda - (Roman Catholic Church) a Latin
versicle
meaning `lift up your hearts' versicle - a short verse said or sung by
a priest or minister in public worship and followed by a response from
the congregation Church of Rome, Roman Catholic Church, Roman Church,
Western Church, Roman Catholic - the Christian Church based in the
Vatican and presided over by a pope and an episcopal hierarchy"

"Malum consilium quod mutari non potest"
It's a bad plan that can't be changed. (Publilius Syrus)

"Ut sit magna, tamen certe lenta ira deorum est"
The wrath of the gods may be great, but it certainly is slow. (Juvenal)

Aegrescit medendo
Loosely, the cure is worse than the disease. The disease gets worse
with treatment.

- Jordan

yeknomusa

Mar 30, 2006, 8:43:14 AM3/30/06
Very cool...thx for the info!

Ted

Mar 30, 2006, 11:16:14 AM3/30/06
Hic sunt dracones: Here be dragons

Joni

Mar 30, 2006, 4:32:52 PM3/30/06
Ursus Maritimus is a polar bear.

"Stated goal regeneration accelerated de-territorial of ursus maritimus
through gene therapy and extreme climate change." (it's bottom right
cornerish)

Joni

Hunter

Mar 30, 2006, 4:56:47 PM3/30/06
----
REALLY!?! That is what it says? If so, then it is a major part of my
accelerated growth theory of what happened to the Lostaway's children.
I.E. Walt and "Ana-Lucia's" kids Not to read to much but I am keying on
"gene therapy" and "accelerated". More evidence about outside world
contact: Did they have gene therapy in 1980? I don't think so. Perhaps
they did import a new washing machine, but why not upgrade most if not
all the rest of the equipment?

---->Hunter