Are the Lost creators placing clues in the real world ?

3_Putt

Dec 17, 2005, 5:59:01 AM12/17/05
Are the Lost creators placing clues in the real world ?

We know that the Lost creators are placing clues on the Internet.

Are the Lost creators *ALSO* placing clues in the real world ?

Okay, try this one on for size. (This is a real long shot.)

Suppose that the Copenhagen photo is legit:
http://tinypic.com/incub9.jpg

We know that the photo contains travel bugs, right ? (They are located
all the way over to the left of the photo. Copenhagen close-up on the
left and travel bug on the right.)
http://tinypic.com/in9yqd.jpg

We know that travel bugs are often attached to other items. Then, they
are placed in caches. (Actually anything at all could be in a cache.)
According to the Travel Bug FAQ:
http://www.geocaching.com/track/faq.aspx
"... a Travel Bug is a trackable tag ... carried from cache to cache
(or person to person) in the real world and you can follow its progress
online."

(Now, if Desmond was on a "solo race around the world", the race
organizers
would have to have a way for the racers to prove that they had arrived
at each check-in station. So, each racer would pick up a travel bug at
pre-destined location (or "cache" of bugs) to prove they had been
there. This pile of bugs in the photo may have been Desmond's
collection before his race was rudely interrupted.)

Okay, we also know that located all the way over to the right of the
photo is the "Rejected Site" document with the coordinates (N42 23.16,
W84 15.00), which are "the numbers", all scrambled up. "Rejected Site
20 km NE of Jackson, Michigan"
Notice the coordinates (N42 23.16, W84 15.00) include 4 8 15 16 23 42.
http://tinypic.com/ih09bn.png

I was hoping that, if I went to the geocaching website, and did a
search for caches in that area, I would find one exactly located at
those coordinates. Unfortunately, the closest one is (you're gonna love
this) 4.2 miles away. (Remove the decimal and that number looks
familiar. I'm sure that is just a coincidence. ;-)

Anyway, it would sure be interesting to see what, if anything, is in
that closest cache.

Also, just because there is no cache listed at the (N42 23.16, W84
15.00) coordinates, does not mean there is not a cache there.

Is there someone on this thread who lives nearby who might want to
volunteer to go look in those two places ? (It would be an 11 hour
drive for me. :- (

At the link below, the green marker is the location of that travel bug
cache. The red marker is the location of the "numbers" coordinates (N42
23.16, W84 15.00). It should be approximately 2nd and Main St., Munith,
Michigan 49259. (You can hit the Zoom Out button to see Jackson 20 km
away and Ann Arbor to the southeast, near Pittsfield). CLICK ON THE RED
MARKER TO SEE A CLOSE-UP MAP OF "THE NUMBERS" LOCATION. And of course a
GPS device would come in real handy. Maybe you can use this excuse to
get youself one for Christmas. "...but honey, the "island" required us
to make this sacrifice."

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=from%3A+N+42%C2%B0+21.210+W+084%C2%B0+17.93
3+to%3A+%2B42%C2%B0+23'+16.00%22,+-84%C2%B0+15'+0.00%22+(42.387778,+-84.250000)&ll=42.346873,-84.292603&spn=0.226593,0.412914&f=d&hl=en

3_Putt

Dec 17, 2005, 6:03:48 AM12/17/05
Don't forget your digital camera !

lostmio

Dec 17, 2005, 7:30:44 AM12/17/05
You've pasted this same post on other Lost boards.
Not cool.

3_Putt

Dec 17, 2005, 7:34:39 AM12/17/05

3_Putt

Dec 17, 2005, 8:08:29 AM12/17/05
<You've pasted this same post on other Lost boards.
Not cool.>

Why not ? I am simply trying to find someone who lives in that area
that can check out this theory ?

I posted on two boards in order to increase my chances of finding
someone who lives in that area.

Please elaborate for me why this is "not cool", because I really REALLY
wanna hear your logic.

rico rich

Dec 17, 2005, 3:59:34 PM12/17/05
i think thats cool. and if that producer guy, Max lives near the
coordinates, it would make sense. i heard their going to ab adding
more if the "out of show" stuff over the break.

Melroseman

Dec 17, 2005, 7:42:58 PM12/17/05
3_Putt wrote:

This could be fun. Anyone wanna buy me a ticket from Toronto to wherever
this thing may or may not be?

The only hesitation I have is with that Copenhagen photo. We don't know
where it came from. Saying that it was but no longer is at one of the
ABC sites, screams hoax.

--
New to alt.tv.lost? Please read the FAQ before posting:
http://www.geocities.com/alt_tv_lost/

3_Putt

Dec 17, 2005, 8:31:28 PM12/17/05
Hey, MM ! Good to hear from you (yeah, I guess I'll stick around here a
little while...and try to keep up with the other board, too. Who needs
sleep, right ? ;-)

<....was but no longer is...screams hoax.>

Yes, a hoax is definitely the most likely explanation, but it sure has
been fun... AND I have learned a lot about many things in the process,
which for me, is a big part of all of this. I wish there was a way to
confirm this photo. I know where it originated (who originally posted
it and on what message board), but the trail goes cold at that point.
Some are attempting to authenticate, but it'll take some time. I'll
post here whatever comes up.

If interested, here is the thread where that image "originated" -(it
starts around post #69, I believe, and the photo was found by an
infrequent poster named Hodag...another reason to be suspicious) --

http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6670

Sean

Dec 19, 2005, 12:04:50 AM12/19/05
Where did these pics come from?

3_Putt

Dec 19, 2005, 12:25:31 AM12/19/05
Melroseman,

I mentioned that there were two places I was curious about. 1. the
closest cache to the coordinates and 2. the coordinates themselves (the
ones that point to Munith, Michigan at 2nd and Main. I was hoping at
that intersection there might be something like a bus station with
lockers. You know, and locker number 23 would have two combination
locks on it with combinations of 4-8-15 and 16-23-42. Of course, on the
backs of those combination locks would be the Dharma symbol. Something
cool like that.

And inside the locker would be...uh, let's see...a toy airplane ?...an
invitation for a walk-on role on Lost ?...a stack o'cash ?

MM, check my logic below, OK? (I trust your logic skills.)

The thing that makes me 60% sure that the photo is legit is the
"Rejected Site" document at the right edge.

If a fan had figured out that "the numbers", arranged in that way,
pointed to a spot very close to the U. of Michigan, then that fan would
have been all over the boards posting their "find", but none of us had
ever heard of that, right ?

So, what are the chances that a fan could come up with this
"numbers"/U. of Michigan connection AND also have the skills to create
this photo AND have the humility to bury this big "numbers" revelation
amid so many other things ?

I just convinced myself to up that 60% to 65%. ;-)

3_Putt

Dec 19, 2005, 12:36:35 AM12/19/05

Sean wrote:
> Where did these pics come from?

Sean,

This link below points to a message board where this image was first
discovered (start at post #69):

http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6670

Tere

Dec 19, 2005, 4:36:35 PM12/19/05

lostmio wrote:
> You've pasted this same post on other Lost boards.
> Not cool.

It's cool. not everyone reads both (all?) message sites. Myself
included :)