Was DOCTOR Ray Mullen's wife killed in erecting the concrete wall at the Swan station ?

1 view

3_Putt

Dec 12, 2005, 6:01:59 PM12/12/05
Can someone tell me if this image is genuine (from the Lost creators)
or not ?

http://img324.imageshack.us/my.php?image=copenhagen2xk2lg.jpg

If it is, then there is way too much here for me to analyze by myself.

This picture was apparently up on the HansoFoundation site, but not for
very long. It was taken down quickly.

I *DID* blow up the letter in the lower right and attempted to
transcribe it. Can someone please check my work ? Also, does anyone
want to take a stab at "filling in" the missing pieces of the
letter ?

Notice the logo.

Notice that the recipient is DOCTOR Ray Mullen and the sender is Marvin
Candle (two "arm" amputees).

http://tinypic.com/igzzp0.jpg

Transcription:

Dr. Ray Mullen,

I am sorry about the loss of your wife and your personal sacrifice for
the ..........
...your request for time off and an extended leave until you can sort
through......
?? the labs, yet we can't return a life...yet.

....been years since the loss of my arm [as?] well. I still feel
phantom pain in the [night?]
.......and often wakes me. I hope things are better for you.

......????? information about your wife's final contribution. Due to
her ???.............
......???? I cannot get too in-depth.

................can't send personnel to the facility, so the process
is ?????
.............?? ????? after 1,200 server confirmations.
.................tion is sent every 15th press of the test [send?]
button.
...................go wrong, a six number reboot code can be ???
[entered?].....
..............????, and reset the local tally cache to 0. Any
???..............
................??? 1-14 presses will not be counted. For this
???...............
.........g?y, preferably after discussing the issue with one of

The island's unusual magnet activity caused unforeseen
Standard EMP diffusion techniques were inadequate
.and correct the problem. You wife was most qua...[qualififed for the
task ?]

Dianne [presumably Mullen's wife] was able to shield the facility
adequately....
.this work, the world owes her a debt of grat[itude]...................

Unfortunately your wife was skillful enough to ???.............
.schooner [???]. The secondary device was undiscovered,
.tried to escape the island. A leviathan from the [Dar or Bar,
Zanzibar?] fac[ility?]...
.recovered.

Enjoy your stay in Australia. No doubt Hanso will contact you when
[you arrive?]...

Namaste,

M. C. [Marvin Candle?]

_____________

Was Zanzibar where Joop was housed ? Would a "leviathan from the
Zanzibar facility" look a whole lot like
yet-another-icon-from-literature/films....King Kong ?

Other thoughts on the letter's contents?

I will post close-ups of various areas later (unless someone tells me
its a hoax in the meantime ;-)

3_Putt

Dec 12, 2005, 6:04:37 PM12/12/05
Aerial photo - "Rejected Site 20 km NE of Jackson, Michigan"

Notice the coordinates.

http://tinypic.com/ih09bn.png

3_Putt

Dec 12, 2005, 6:07:39 PM12/12/05
Does someone want to look up what each section represents and try to
relate it to the character (HR = Hugo Reyes, etc.)

Center usually contains yin/yang light/dark symbol. Walt/Aaron ?

http://tinypic.com/ih0bki.jpg

Italian Job

Dec 12, 2005, 7:53:41 PM12/12/05

"3_Putt" <dgr...@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

Wow!!! never seen this before! if it's not an hoax it would really be
interesting!!
Where did u found it exacly? do you still have the link???
Nobody out there has seen it before??
PLS help! I'm curious tooo!!! ^_^

3_Putt

Dec 12, 2005, 8:11:26 PM12/12/05

3_Putt

Dec 12, 2005, 8:30:16 PM12/12/05
http://tinypic.com/ih0bki.jpg

Clockwise:

C.S. (Christian Shephard) is crossed out and replaced with J.S. (Jack
Shephard)

H.R. (Hugo Reyes)

C.P. (Charlie Pace)

?? B.C. ?? (Boone Carlyle??)

C.L. (Claire Littleton)

S.R. (Shannon Rutherford)

JS K.(Jin-Soo Kwon)

J.L. (John Locke)

3_Putt

Dec 12, 2005, 8:39:37 PM12/12/05
http://tinypic.com/ih0bki.jpg

Forgot the middle:

W.L. (Walt LLoyd)

------------------

Does "Not her kid ! -- ARROW" mean that Claire was taken to the Arrow
bunker and tested somehow. And it was thus determined that SHE, not
Aaron belongs in the middle there with Walt. Other theories ?

/Ole

Dec 12, 2005, 9:07:12 PM12/12/05
"3_Putt" <dgr...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> [...]

So much to deal with here...

There is one more letter, which I haven't seen before. I looks like the
letters we have seen before´exchanged between Per L. and Dr. Candle. But it
has a different date...

Global Health
???
1211 ???
Switzerland

To: Hr. Per Lundqvist
From Dr. Marvin Candle
Re: The Hanso Life-Extension Project

Mr. Lundqvist

It appears that (Can't read much of the letter)

Link: www.hum.aau.dk/~ossk01/BunkerLetter.jpg

There's a new Dharma logo:
www.hum.aau.dk/~ossk01/NewDharmaLogo.jpg

There's the mystery note about Locke and the monster:

www.hum.aau.dk/~ossk01/Locke'sWork.jpg

And there's the books "Heart of Darkness" by Joseph something and
"Policeman" by Flann O'Brien

Anyone knows these titles/relevans of books/summary?

Hmm... a policeman with a heart of darkness... who could that be? :-)

/Ole

3_Putt

Dec 12, 2005, 9:23:00 PM12/12/05

3_Putt

Dec 12, 2005, 9:28:59 PM12/12/05

Is this easier to read ?

http://tinypic.com/ih4gvr.jpg

3_Putt

Dec 12, 2005, 10:36:47 PM12/12/05

So, is THAT the anticlimactic answer to the riddle of the numbers. No
wonder we have been told that the origin of the Numbers will never be
revealed. That's because they took the latitiude and longitude of the
hometown of one of the writers and put the numbers in ascending
numerical order.

42 23 16 and -84 15 00 became 4 8 15 16 23 42

Now, they are trying to say that the original site (later rejected) for
the Dharma research facility was a small town just outside Ann Arbor to
tie it to the show.

3_Putt

Dec 12, 2005, 10:41:12 PM12/12/05

In other words, go here

http://geography.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mapquest.com%2Fmaps%2Flatlong.adp

and enter

42 23 16 and -84 15 00

and you get a map showing a spot between Jackson and Ann Arbor,
probably the location of Javier's home when he was a boy.

Typhoid

Dec 12, 2005, 11:42:48 PM12/12/05
"3_Putt" <dgr...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Can someone tell me if this image is genuine (from the Lost creators)
> or not ?
>
> http://img324.imageshack.us/my.php?image=copenhagen2xk2lg.jpg
>
> If it is, then there is way too much here for me to analyze by myself.
>
> This picture was apparently up on the HansoFoundation site, but not for
> very long. It was taken down quickly.

If genuine, it offers a lot of food for thought.

After spending hours co-ordinate tracking on Google Earth, I had come to the
conclusion that combos of the numbers parsed in various ways could point
just about anywhere you wanted (South Pacific, Central African Republic) and
had given up on that train of thought. Now Michigan may be significant. Back
to Google Earth...

Argghh, this is so frustrating!

3_Putt

Dec 13, 2005, 12:18:32 AM12/13/05
the area around the compass (inverted):

http://tinypic.com/ih854w.jpg

3_Putt

Dec 13, 2005, 12:20:12 AM12/13/05

rico rich

Dec 13, 2005, 12:22:13 AM12/13/05
where was the picture found at honsofoundation.org?

3_Putt

Dec 13, 2005, 12:22:31 AM12/13/05

3_Putt

Dec 13, 2005, 12:23:55 AM12/13/05

3_Putt

Dec 13, 2005, 12:34:37 AM12/13/05

Typhoid

Dec 13, 2005, 12:36:23 AM12/13/05
"rico rich" <eric_...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> where was the picture found at honsofoundation.org?

"Allegedly" found. It could just be an elaborate set-up. In any case, it's
very well done. Kudos!

3_Putt

Dec 13, 2005, 12:36:30 AM12/13/05

3_Putt

Dec 13, 2005, 12:41:18 AM12/13/05

rico rich wrote:
> where was the picture found at honsofoundation.org?

As I said at the top of this thread...

Can someone tell me if this image is genuine (from the Lost creators)
or not ?

http://img324.imageshack.us/my.php?image=copenhagen2xk2lg.jpg

My source is here as I previously posted:

Look under "Websites" in the link below ---

http://www.deltaparkproject.com/index.cfm?page=shownotes&show=111&CFID=6609385&CFTOKEN=68503293

As you may have noticed,

http://www.thehansofoundation.org

is down completely right now. Plugging a hole ????

tdciago

Dec 13, 2005, 1:03:20 AM12/13/05

3_Putt wrote:
> the area around the compass (inverted):
>
> http://tinypic.com/ih854w.jpg

It looks like "the numbers" are all represented by the playing cards,
with the possible exception of 8, which I don't see. My monitor
display is very dark, so I might just be missing it.

4 of diamonds
Ace + 5 of diamonds = 15
Ace + 6 of spades = 16
2 + 3 of diamonds = 23
4 + 2 of hearts = 42

tdciago

Dec 13, 2005, 1:11:13 AM12/13/05

3_Putt wrote:
> ???
>
> http://tinypic.com/ih87eu.jpg

Dog tags maybe?

A.D.C.

Dec 13, 2005, 1:48:32 AM12/13/05
dogtags

> ???
>
> http://tinypic.com/ih87eu.jpg

tdciago

Dec 13, 2005, 2:03:38 AM12/13/05

3_Putt wrote:
> ???
>
> http://tinypic.com/ih87eu.jpg

The items that look like jagged rocks reminded me of some photos I saw
on the internet, showing the Hutchison Effect. It has to do with
electromagnetism. If you do a search on John Hutchison, you find
things like this:

http://www.americanantigravity.com/hutchison.html

http://www.bermuda-triangle.org/html/the__triangle__machine_.html
(Check out the photos of the aluminum bar.)

http://www.world-mysteries.com/hutchison_e.htm

"It is surmised by some researchers that what Hutchison has done is tap
into the Zero Point Energy. This energy gets its name from the fact
that it is evidenced by oscillations at zero degrees *KELVIN*, where
supposedly all activity in an atom ceases. The energy is associated
with the spontaneous emission and annihilation of electrons and
positrons coming from what is called "the quantum vacuum." The density
of the energy contained in the quantum vacuum is estimated by some at
ten to the thirteenth Joules per cubic centimeter, which is reportedly
sufficient to boil off the Earth's oceans in a matter of moments."

rob...@bestweb.net

Dec 13, 2005, 2:45:59 AM12/13/05
3_Putt wrote:

> So, is THAT the anticlimactic answer to the riddle of the numbers. No
> wonder we have been told that the origin of the Numbers will never be
> revealed. That's because they took the latitiude and longitude of the
> hometown of one of the writers and put the numbers in ascending
> numerical order.

> 42 23 16 and -84 15 00 became 4 8 15 16 23 42

Cute! And maybe just coincidental that 23 and 42 have such
literary/mystical/satirical/illuminated pedigrees. (Couple of 23s just
in the 12/12/05 "Arrested Development".) In a recent conversation with
John, we'd speculated as to whether Damon had heard John's solution to
The Question for which the answer is "42": "What is paradise?" (The
sum of the spots on a pair o' dice.) He's among those who've been
finding links between "Lost" and "Paradise Lost", and he definitely
recalls having told David Lindelof the "pair o' dice" thing, and that
son Damon might've been present one of those times or might've heard it
subsequently from Dave. I'd thought the 15 & 16 could've been a way of
conspicuously avoiding 17, but John pointed out that joke'd be better
if it were 16 & 18.

I like the idea of its turning out to have been such a tease for the
fans, if his closest coordinates really were those numbers. Of course
it's not a solution to the riddle of what they might mean fictionally
in "Lost" (where I suspect they mean nothing more than the mutterings
in the nut house of Lenny, who could've gotten them from a fortune
cookie), only to why the real makers of "Lost" chose them.

Robert

remyD

Dec 13, 2005, 2:58:33 AM12/13/05
That picture to the left of the $5 looks like Jacks dad.

"3_Putt" <dgr...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Can someone tell me if this image is genuine (from the Lost creators)
> or not ?
>
> http://img324.imageshack.us/my.php?image=copenhagen2xk2lg.jpg
>

> If it is, then there is way too much here for me to analyze by myself.
>
> This picture was apparently up on the HansoFoundation site, but not for
> very long. It was taken down quickly.

3_Putt

Dec 13, 2005, 10:07:16 AM12/13/05
the area around the compass (inverted):

http://tinypic.com/ih854w.jpg

To me, the photo looks like a younger photo of Wayne (Kate's dad,
played by James Horan). The book of matches nearby may "add fuel"
(sorry) to my theory that it is him. It might be a photo from his days
as a soap opera actor. (Also, he probably came to Javier's attention
as a veteran Star Trek character actor. He never actually wore a red
shirt, but he did everything else!) See link below.

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/James_Horan

3_Putt

Dec 13, 2005, 11:38:48 AM12/13/05
If (a big IF, I grant you) this photo turns out to be genuine (from the
Lost creators), then the letter from Marvin Candle to Ray Mullen
implies two things.

1. The Marshal did not maneuver Kate onto the fateful flight. Dr. Ray
Mullen did. (He tipped off the marshal AND he delayed Kate by talking
her into letting him drive her the next morning, thus allowing the
marshal time to arrive.)

2. We have long suspected, but had no proof that the Losties were
brought to the island by some human means (as opposed to some
mist-shrouded "hand of fate"). Dr. Ray Mullens' connection to Alvar
Hanso all but confirms the theory that the Dharma Initiative
hand-picked these people for their purposes on this island.

Tere

Dec 13, 2005, 12:19:06 PM12/13/05
rob...@bestweb.net wrote:
> 3_Putt wrote:
>
> > So, is THAT the anticlimactic answer to the riddle of the numbers. No
> > wonder we have been told that the origin of the Numbers will never be
> > revealed. That's because they took the latitiude and longitude of the
> > hometown of one of the writers and put the numbers in ascending
> > numerical order.
>
> > 42 23 16 and -84 15 00 became 4 8 15 16 23 42
>
> Cute!
[snip]

Or the picture is a hoax. Why split up -84 into 8 and 4? Seems pretty
arbitrary.

Input 42 23 16 -84 15 00 into

http://maps.google.com/

and you get 401 S Main St. Munith MI 49259:

http://snipurl.com/kqyb

Tere

Dec 13, 2005, 12:40:51 PM12/13/05

8C in the computer between the 4D and the toy soldier.

Tere

Dec 13, 2005, 12:54:39 PM12/13/05

/Ole wrote:
[snip]

> And there's the books "Heart of Darkness" by Joseph something and
> "Policeman" by Flann O'Brien
>
> Anyone knows these titles/relevans of books/summary?
>
> Hmm... a policeman with a heart of darkness... who could that be? :-)

Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad

http://snipurl.com/kqzu

The Third Policeman by Flann O'Brien

http://snipurl.com/kqzw

The Thiord Policeman made an appearence in the bunker when Desmond was
gathjer his things to leave. It looks like an older copy.

Tere

Dec 13, 2005, 1:07:33 PM12/13/05

Interesting. But I think it's a hoax along the lines of the mapinguari
script page, or the BBC4 Flash page. It's clearly staged. The cards are
too ordered (the numbers) but placed so as to look random. Everything
looks too new. There is *no* evidence that Ray Mullen is anyting except
what he appeared in Tabla Rosa. Locke did not do any weird genetic
science.

3_Putt

Dec 13, 2005, 1:18:53 PM12/13/05
<Why split up -84 into 8 and 4? Seems pretty arbitrary. >

I agree. It is arbitrary, but if I were devising a number mystery AND I
knew that many many people were going to try to figure it out, I might
do something arbitrary to help obfuscate the answer.

The "Numbers", arranged in this way, basically point us to the
University of Michigan. (N42 23.16, W84 15.00). (As you know, W84 is
the same as -84.) The first time we become aware of the connection to
the U. of Michigan, the DeGroots and the Dharma Initiative is with the
film in episode 2.3 ("Orientation"), written by Javier Grillo-Marxuach.

Javier Grillo-Marxuach was born in Puerto Rico, but moved with his
family at the age of 10 to Ann Arbor (the home of the U. of Michigan).

Most writers are taught to "write what you know", so when Javier was
faced with the task of fictionally hosting the DeGroots at a
university, he naturally chose the U. of Mich.

Tere

Dec 13, 2005, 1:37:45 PM12/13/05

3_Putt wrote:
> <Why split up -84 into 8 and 4? Seems pretty arbitrary. >
>
> I agree. It is arbitrary, but if I were devising a number mystery AND I
> knew that many many people were going to try to figure it out, I might
> do something arbitrary to help obfuscate the answer.
[snip]

But he could have come up with any sequence and few simple arbitrary
transformations later come out to some significant coordinates (or
birthdate or phone number or SSN, or whatever). Add 10, invert the
digits, respace them and its the coordinates of *my* house! If you
allow completely the arbitrary, then you get into robgood territory.

3_Putt

Dec 13, 2005, 1:37:49 PM12/13/05
<Interesting. But I think it's a hoax along the lines of...>

It may be. I am merely investigating this image as a way to fill the
time until the next episode (which may be exactly the purpose for which
the photo was intended...to occupy us and keep us interested.)

<There is *no* evidence that Ray Mullen is anyting except what he

appeared in Tabula Rasa.>

I disagree that there is no evidence. His missing arm supplies us with
at least a slim chance of a connection to Dharma. (Also, it fits with
the writers' modus operandi to trick us into believing we know a
characters motivation (the $23,000 reward) while planning to pull the
rug out from under our assumptions later).

<Locke did not do any weird genetic science. >

The note says "Locke's work shows us." That sentence can be interpeted
in many ways. It doesn't necessarily imply that he is "in on" the
conspiracy. The sentence is really too cryptic to draw many conclusions
at all. The Locke referred to may not even be the John Locke that we
have seen. It could even be a reference to the philosoper Locke and his
writings.

3_Putt

Dec 13, 2005, 1:50:37 PM12/13/05
Just a thought regarding the props used in this photo (or any photo).

Here's the link again:
http://img324.imageshack.us/my.php?image=copenhagen2xk2lg.jpg

Keep in mind that there is the production crew in Hawaii and then there
is undoubtedly a completely different group of people back in the
continental U.S. somewhere (probably L.A.) who are responsible for the
official websites and any props used within them. This may account for
any visual discrepancies we may see between the "look" of something in
an episode and the "look" of something that is "mocked up" for a
website.

Tere

Dec 13, 2005, 2:10:52 PM12/13/05

3_Putt wrote:
> <Interesting. But I think it's a hoax along the lines of...>
>
> It may be. I am merely investigating this image as a way to fill the
> time until the next episode (which may be exactly the purpose for which
> the photo was intended...to occupy us and keep us interested.)
>
> <There is *no* evidence that Ray Mullen is anyting except what he
> appeared in Tabula Rasa.>
>
> I disagree that there is no evidence. His missing arm supplies us with
> at least a slim chance of a connection to Dharma. (Also, it fits with
> the writers' modus operandi to trick us into believing we know a
> characters motivation (the $23,000 reward) while planning to pull the
> rug out from under our assumptions later).

A lot of people have missing limbs, particularly people who lived
through a war.

> <Locke did not do any weird genetic science. >
>
> The note says "Locke's work shows us." That sentence can be interpeted
> in many ways. It doesn't necessarily imply that he is "in on" the
> conspiracy. The sentence is really too cryptic to draw many conclusions
> at all. The Locke referred to may not even be the John Locke that we
> have seen. It could even be a reference to the philosoper Locke and his
> writings.

I was surprised to find this on a French Lost group:

http://snipurl.com/kr2k

Scroll down to the mssage dated 07-12-2005 11:16:26. Highlight the big
spoiler section and click on it. The quote is from Some Turns of
Thought in Modern Philosophy by George Santayana. Follow the link the
Project Gurenberg version.

Now I think is a hoax more like the mapinguari script and less along
the lines of the BBC4 stuff. :)

Still, it's fun to analyze and talk about.

3_Putt

Dec 13, 2005, 2:42:01 PM12/13/05
Tere,

Thank you ! That was fascinating ! French people discussing "Lost" !
Way cool !

AND, on there, I found another transcription of the Mullen letter AND
of the Lundquist letter. I will copy and paste below (with appropriate
credit given to our French comrades-in-Lost. Merci beaucoup or however
you spell that.)

<Scroll down to the message dated 07-12-2005...>

Readers should keep in mind that Europeans normally use a date format
of DAY-MONTH-YEAR rather than the "American" format of MONTH-DAY-YEAR,
so 07-12-2005 is December 7th (a few days ago, when the photo was up at
the Hanso site).

The French transmission: (OK, it's not really a transmission, but how
many chances am I gonna get to use that phrase, so...chill)

"7 of 8"
"Dr. Ray Mullen," <note - name of rancher in Kate episode>
"I am sorry about the loss of your wife and your personal sacrafice for
th...

your request for time off and an extended leave until you can sort

things o...
of the Labs, yet we can't return a life... yet"

"... been years since the loss of my arm as well. I still feel phantom
pain in the ...
... and often wakes me. I hope things are better for you." <clear
reference to Mullen's arm missing also - tied with personal loss
mention above>

" .. can't send personnel to the facility, so the process is autom...
... is ended after 1,200 server confirmations.
... tion is sent every 15th press of the test button.
...go wrong, a six number reboot code can be ...
..., and reset the local tally cache to 0. Any ...
...ious 1-14 presses will not be counted. For this re...
...gly, preferably after discussing the issue with one of..."

"The island's unusual magnetic activity caused unfores...

Standard EMP diffusion techniques were inadequate...

and correc the problem. Your wife was most qu..."

"Dianne was able to shield the facility adequa...
... this work, the world owes her a debt of grat..."

"Unfortunately your wife was skilled enough to...
schooner. The secondary device was undiscovered, ...
tried to escape the island. A leviathan from the Bar fac...
recovered." <note schooner???>

"Enjoy your stay in Australia. No doubt Hanso will contact you when...
Namaste,

M.C."

And the left letter upside down:

"Confidential"

Global Hea...
Avenue Ap
1211 Geneva..
Switzerland

23 August - 2005

To: Hr. Per Lindquis..... Council
Hr. Tanar Ragna... Deputy Communications Officer
>From Dr. Marvin Cancle
RE: The Hanso Life Extension Project

Mr Lindquist,

It appears that meo..ccal desease is has run it's course .... Tunisia
facility.
While standard antibiotic treatment had been ineffective against ...
the desease
massive antibiotic treatment immediately before exposure have proven
effective at retarding and even preventing infection.

A fortuitous discover was made immediately after the first of the MRI
scans of the
Theta and Omnikron groups. While the MRI scans showed no....
irregularities, some
subjects reported a warm sensation along their spine, expecially near
the base of the cranium.

After the tests, at the 08.00 blood screening, a sharp decrease in
infection was noticed.
Dr. Pev..nie ordered an immediate spinal tap which also yielded
exciting results.

It did not take so long to link the MRI scan with the decrease in
infectant. More scans were ordered and by 23.00 that night the disease
was what we assume to be remission.

Unfortunately, no matter how intense or how long we exposed patients to
high intensity magnetic waveswe were unable to remove the disease
completely. We can only send the disease into a state of dormancy.
Without op...... magnetic treatment ..... ...
re....re days or months later.

Namaste,

Dr. Marvin Hanso <huh???>
GHO Executive Committee" <?>

_______________

Dr. Marvin Hanso ???????????????????? (The crazy French chicks are
right. That's exactly what it says...Marvin Hanso (combination of
Marvin Candle and Alvar Hanso). So, it's either a typo or it is Lost
Mystery Number 4,815,162,342. ;-)

Tere

Dec 13, 2005, 4:45:30 PM12/13/05

3_Putt wrote:
[snip]

> Namaste,
>
> Dr. Marvin Hanso <huh???>
> GHO Executive Committee" <?>
>

> _______________
>

> Dr. Marvin Hanso ???????????????????? (The crazy French chicks are
> right. That's exactly what it says...Marvin Hanso (combination of
> Marvin Candle and Alvar Hanso). So, it's either a typo or it is Lost
> Mystery Number 4,815,162,342. ;-)

I *thought* it said Hanso, but I couldn't really make it out. At the
top it definatly say, Marvin Candle.

dudette5

Dec 13, 2005, 7:47:59 PM12/13/05
Just an FYI to whoever copied what they saw on the letter - it is
"meningococcal" disease... that is a disease of the spine. The letter
goes on to say about MRI results, infections, that the infection is
dormant right now, etc. Maybe it has somethng to do with Locke?

dudette5

Dec 13, 2005, 8:01:30 PM12/13/05
I think the photo is of Christain Sheperd. The letter from "M.C."
talks about bringing people back to life, that they can't do that
"yet"... so they are working on that as part of their research. And
the picture of Christian in teh suit looks like when JAck saw him on
the beach. Plus him being missing from his coffin... he could be
brought back to life.

Zamboni

Dec 13, 2005, 8:05:22 PM12/13/05

"Tere" <terence...@nist.gov> wrote in message

> Or the picture is a hoax. Why split up -84 into 8 and 4? Seems pretty
> arbitrary.

"84" won't fit on a lottery ticket. (Would Hurley still have been on the
plane if he hadn't won the lottery?)
--
Zamboni

Zamboni

Dec 13, 2005, 8:10:42 PM12/13/05

> /Ole wrote:
> [snip]
>> And there's the books "Heart of Darkness" by Joseph something and
>> "Policeman" by Flann O'Brien
>>
>> Anyone knows these titles/relevans of books/summary?
>>
>> Hmm... a policeman with a heart of darkness... who could that be? :-)
>
> Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
>
> http://snipurl.com/kqzu

"Heart of Darkness" was also the basis for "Apocolypse Now", just set a
hundred years earlier. (Fortunately, I haven't seen much of a river on the
island yet.)
--
Zamboni

Zamboni

Dec 13, 2005, 8:11:52 PM12/13/05

> toy soldier
>
> http://tinypic.com/ih85zt.jpg

WWII-era minesweeper figure. I used to have that exact set once.
--
Zamboni

Zamboni

Dec 13, 2005, 8:19:52 PM12/13/05

> the cash
>
> http://tinypic.com/ih8ay9.jpg

The quarter pre-1964 or earlier (silver, not layered copper, with Ben
Franklin's face).

The 5-dollar bill is from the 1953-1962 series.

Old money.
--
Zamboni

dudette5

Dec 13, 2005, 8:20:08 PM12/13/05

Tere

Dec 14, 2005, 11:01:40 AM12/14/05

Well, since it's s fiction lottery, they could have made any rules
they wanted.. PowerBall uses 1-55 for the first five number and 1-42
for the PowerBall. HotLotto uses 1-39 and 1-19. Wild card2 uses 1-31
and 1-16 (well, 1 of 16 cards) 2-by-2 limits the range to 1-26. They
could have used 1-89 and made the last number 01 instead of 00.
According to Google Maps, that would have moved the location a little
closer to the street.

My point is that if they are doing arbitrary
transformations/modifictations than it is impossible to determine the
how the writer *really* came up with the numbers to start with.

3_Putt

Dec 14, 2005, 12:25:55 PM12/14/05
Regarding this part of the photo:

http://tinypic.com/ih87eu.jpg

I now believe those are what are known as geocache travel bugs.

image: http://tinypic.com/im6sde.jpg

FAQ: http://www.geocaching.com/track/faq.aspx

"... a Travel Bug is a trackable tag ... carried from cache to cache
(or person to person) in the real world and you can follow its progress
online."

If Desmond was on a "solo race around the world", the race organizers
would have to have a way for the racers to prove that they had arrived
at each check-in station. So, each racer picks up a travel bug at a
pre-destined location (or "cache" of bugs) to prove they had been
there. This pile of bugs in the photo may have been Desmond's
collection before his race was rudely interrupted.

enhanced image: http://tinypic.com/im6sl2.jpg

The tags serial number may be 316X77. The fourth number may be a 5, 6,
or 8.

Here you can track bugs : http://www.geocaching.com/track/

I tried all three numbers and 316577 has been missing since Feb 2004.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=316577

3_Putt

Dec 14, 2005, 12:41:47 PM12/14/05

According to the Lundquist letter : http://tinypic.com/im6whx.jpg

it appears that "the infection" is treatable with periodic "magnetic
treatments". "Periodic", as in, every 106 minutes, give or take 2
minutes. And, whatever you do, don't forget to blast the whole island
with magnetic waves at least every 108 minutes or another "incident"
could happen.

Me

Dec 14, 2005, 1:11:19 PM12/14/05
3_Putt wrote:
> ???
>
> http://tinypic.com/ih87eu.jpg

That looks like a geocaching travel bug -
http://www.geocaching.com/images/track/travelbugs.jpg
Which you can track using the number here - http://www.geocaching.com/track/

But the last 3 numbers on the bug in the picture aren't clear.
I guessed 361671, not activated, 361677 last seen in Michigan 4/04

3_Putt

Dec 14, 2005, 1:29:11 PM12/14/05
My attempt at "filling in the blanks"of this paragraph of the Mullen
letter----

http://tinypic.com/im7bqs.jpg

"Unfortunately your wife was skillful enough to secure the facility but
not the
schooner. The secondary device was undiscovered, and some test
subjects tried to escape the island. A leviathan from the Bar facility
also escaped and is yet to be recovered."

Asterbark

Dec 14, 2005, 7:54:24 PM12/14/05
wrote:

> in "Lost" (where I suspect they mean nothing more than the mutterings
> in the nut house of Lenny, who could've gotten them from a fortune
> cookie), only to why the real makers of "Lost" chose them.

I thought you said Lenny was planted in the hospital to give Hurley those
numbers, and only acted mentally ill or was coherent enough to do as
instructed and make sure Hurley got those numbers.

rob...@bestweb.net

Dec 14, 2005, 9:17:08 PM12/14/05
Asterbark wrote:

> I thought you said Lenny was planted in the hospital to give Hurley those
> numbers, and only acted mentally ill or was coherent enough to do as
> instructed and make sure Hurley got those numbers.

No, I never wrote that. I suppose it might be possible for Lenny to
have been planted there, but very unlikely. Rather, I think he was
already in place for reasons having nothing to do with the plot,
muttering the numbers for no reason having to do with the plot, and
that Hurley was in his proximity for no special reason (just whatever
reasons brought them to the nut house).

However, AFTER Hurley decided to play the lotto with those numbers, and
won, he became a target of the Island Powers. They probably
investigated a number of big lottery winners, Hurley being among them.
They instigated dirty tricks around Hurley (and possibly other lottery
winners), making him think he was cursed, while they determined what
inspired his choice of numbers. (Lottery players play hunches. Many
of the other big winners would've had a story about how they got THEIR
winning numbers.) They found Lenny and "turned" him, inducing him to
tell a story they fed him about some nonexistent guy in Australia.
Once it was clear they had Hugo hooked, they engraved The Numbers on
the Hatch, supplied them on Rousseau's papers in her shack, and made
them the code to enter into the Swan station terminal.

The Numbers became The Numbers only because they won a big lottery pot.
I do not think the drawing was rigged, even with Sawyer's cx to the
lottery drawing lady, her handling of the balls, and her wearing long
sleeves. Lottery drawing personnel and facilities are just too guarded
a target; it's much easier to wait until AFTER someone has won a
lottery.

Robert

Ryan Robbins

Dec 14, 2005, 9:23:59 PM12/14/05
<rob...@bestweb.net> wrote in message

>They found Lenny and "turned" him, inducing him to
> tell a story they fed him about some nonexistent guy in Australia.

Once more, your whacko theory hits a big block: There is virtually no way
for the conspiracy nuts in charge of this ridiculous ruse to get to Lenny in
the hospital. Mental hospitals are more restrictive on visitors than general
hospitals.

Asterbark

Dec 14, 2005, 9:47:52 PM12/14/05
Ryan Robbins wrote:

Everyone at that hospital was a shill except Hurley, obviously. This
means Hurley is obviously not a shill. If Hurley turns out to be a shill,
that means someone else at the hospital was supposed to be the mark but
Hurley tricked the other shills because not all shills are always
informed as to who are the other shills, except on an as-needed basis. No
one at the hospital was told to watch out for Hurley and that's how he
got the numbers from his connection, Lenny, who plays Connect Four,
that's how you can see he's the connection. The real mark, who was
fortuitously named "Mark," so the other shills could recognize him, also
got the numbers, but played them in the wrong state and lost. That's
actually the reason why the show is called "Lost." I see a lot of
similarities between Mark and The Comedian because they both wore pants
with pockets.

A.D.C.

Dec 14, 2005, 10:08:36 PM12/14/05
OMG! That has to be the dumbest theory I've read to date!

A.D.C.

Dec 14, 2005, 10:09:39 PM12/14/05
NICE catch!

"3_Putt" <dgr...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Typhoid

Dec 15, 2005, 2:38:02 AM12/15/05

> As you may have noticed,
>
> http://www.thehansofoundation.org
>
> is down completely right now. Plugging a hole ????

Still down. Is an update imminent?

3_Putt

Dec 15, 2005, 10:26:04 AM12/15/05

I have also traced travel bug 315577 and found it to be missing (last
seen March 2005):

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=315577

3_Putt

Dec 15, 2005, 10:31:05 AM12/15/05
Here is a new enhanced close-up of the travel bugs (I inverted and made
it a negative):

http://tinypic.com/in6g6g.jpg

3_Putt

Dec 15, 2005, 10:33:30 AM12/15/05
I have emailed the owner of travel bug 316677 to inform them of the
potential fate of their travel bug and await their response, if any.
I'm sure that they have wondered where it could have been "Lost". ;-)

3_Putt

Dec 15, 2005, 4:37:47 PM12/15/05
The original photo has been taken down from the first free hosting site
due to high bandwidth usage.

I have uploaded it here for now: http://tinypic.com/incub9.jpg

3_Putt

Dec 15, 2005, 4:39:32 PM12/15/05
I just received an email back from the owners of travel bug, pasted
below. They named it Rex.

Hello,
We don't know if that is our tag or not. Looks like someone enjoys
stealing the tags. Rex has been missing for quite awhile, though. I
would suggest contacting the last person to have Rex to see if he/she
may have some idea. Thanks.

3_Putt

Dec 15, 2005, 4:42:18 PM12/15/05
"Copenhagen photo" close-up on the left and a typical travel bug on
the right, if you still doubt that they are travel bugs.

http://tinypic.com/in9yqd.jpg

TNKEV

Dec 15, 2005, 5:05:02 PM12/15/05
A.D.C. wrote:
> OMG! That has to be the dumbest theory I've read to date!

well then why not read the rest!

http://users.bestweb.net/~robgood/teach

--
When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead,
And the white knight is talking backward, and the red queen's off with

rob...@bestweb.net

Dec 15, 2005, 7:59:39 PM12/15/05
Ryan Robbins wrote:

> Once more, your whacko theory hits a big block: There is virtually no way
> for the conspiracy nuts in charge of this ridiculous ruse to get to Lenny in
> the hospital.

ISTR that the person who pretended to be Locke's mother also resided in
that nut house at one time.

> Mental hospitals are more restrictive on visitors than general
> hospitals.

That's not true. But even if it were, what does "more restrictive"
mean? When I visited a friend in a mental institution (in the very
bldg. I'm posting this from, where I teach now that it's a college
campus), I wasn't subjected to any more scrutiny than in other
institutions (hospitals, nursing homes).

But if an institution demanded more of a visitor, I don't see why
whoever visited Lenny for whatever reason couldn't comply with those
demands.

Robert

rob...@bestweb.net

Dec 15, 2005, 8:03:09 PM12/15/05
A.D.C. wrote:

> OMG! That has to be the dumbest theory I've read to date!

Do you have a more plausible idea as to how Hugo's Numbers wound up on
the Hatch, in Rousseau's paraphernalia, as as entry code for the
terminal?

Ryan Robbins

Dec 15, 2005, 9:03:38 PM12/15/05

> Ryan Robbins wrote:
>
>> Once more, your whacko theory hits a big block: There is virtually no way
>> for the conspiracy nuts in charge of this ridiculous ruse to get to Lenny
>> in
>> the hospital.
>
> ISTR that the person who pretended to be Locke's mother also resided in
> that nut house at one time.

You're forgetting that your conspiracy theory is whacko.

>> Mental hospitals are more restrictive on visitors than general
>> hospitals.
>
> That's not true. But even if it were, what does "more restrictive"
> mean? When I visited a friend in a mental institution (in the very
> bldg. I'm posting this from, where I teach now that it's a college
> campus), I wasn't subjected to any more scrutiny than in other
> institutions (hospitals, nursing homes).

As we saw in Hurley's flashback, you don't just walk in and visit a patient.
When I visit someone in a general hospital during normal visiting hours, I
can simply walk through the door and go directly to the patient's room. You
can't do that in a mental hospital. You would be stopped right at the
reception area. And even if you got through there, you wouldn't be able to
enter the ward without permission. You would need to identify the patient
you're visiting (which Hurley had problems with) and you would need to be on
that patient's visitors list. The writers took some license with Hurley
being able to get in, but that was because Hurley knew Lenny and the doctor
knew both Hurley and Lenny. But a stranger walking in and trying to do that?
Fat chance.

3_Putt

Dec 15, 2005, 9:30:04 PM12/15/05
STOP !!!!!!!!!!!

I STARTED THIS THREAD AND YOU HAVE HIJACKED IT !

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE PHOTO THAT I POSTED IN THE FIRST MESSAGE OF
THIS THREAD.

IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO DISCUSS IT, GET THE HELL OUT !!!!!!!!!!! NOW
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Asterbark

Dec 15, 2005, 9:32:54 PM12/15/05
3_Putt wrote:

Jesus Cayriced. You wrote 27 posts in a row discussing it with yourself.
Let anyone get a word in edgewise before you go fucking berserk on them.

3_Putt

Dec 15, 2005, 9:44:26 PM12/15/05
What happens is that you and others keep "baiting" this robgood guy in
whatever thread you encounter him and the next thing we know is that
thread has devolved yet again into something that no one in their right
mind would want to read.

Take a hike.

3_Putt

Dec 15, 2005, 9:48:15 PM12/15/05
Better yet. Take this thread. It's yours.

Asterbark

Dec 15, 2005, 10:12:48 PM12/15/05
3_Putt wrote:

> Better yet. Take this thread. It's yours.

Thanks, I think you covered your points very thoroughly.

And then followed them up with abundant follow-ups.

Congratulations for not having the courtesy to just sit and think out what
you wanted to say once and for all and then being very strict about it.

Robert

Dec 15, 2005, 11:57:39 PM12/15/05

rob...@bestweb.net wrote:

> ISTR that the person who pretended to be Locke's mother also resided in
> that nut house at one time.

Pretended to be Locke's mother? Let me guess. The man Locke hired to
investigate her claims was part of the conspiracy? Lucky for the
conspiracy he didn't hire an independent investigator.

TNKEV

Dec 16, 2005, 8:32:09 AM12/16/05

How about what we watched on the show!

--

http://www.hostmybb.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=rftg
B-N-Ps, no B no Ps,no spam, trades,post,chat

rob...@bestweb.net

Dec 16, 2005, 9:20:00 AM12/16/05
Ryan Robbins wrote:

> As we saw in Hurley's flashback, you don't just walk in and visit a patient.
> When I visit someone in a general hospital during normal visiting hours, I
> can simply walk through the door and go directly to the patient's room. You
> can't do that in a mental hospital. You would be stopped right at the
> reception area. And even if you got through there, you wouldn't be able to
> enter the ward without permission. You would need to identify the patient
> you're visiting (which Hurley had problems with) and you would need to be on
> that patient's visitors list.

Funny, I didn't have to do any of those things when I visited my friend
Michael at Bronx State. But even if I did, I fail to see how that
would stop someone from doing what was required for Lenny.

Robert

rob...@bestweb.net

Dec 16, 2005, 9:23:30 AM12/16/05
Robert wrote:

> Pretended to be Locke's mother? Let me guess. The man Locke hired to
> investigate her claims was part of the conspiracy?

Obviously. IIRC Locke was referred to him by a friend. Same way
Claire was referred to her fortune teller. Notice a pattern?

Robert

Dec 16, 2005, 10:02:42 AM12/16/05

You recall incorrectly. We have no idea why Locke contacted that
particular investigator. Therefore there is no pattern.

Tere

Dec 16, 2005, 2:30:53 PM12/16/05

Now I'm convinced it's a hoax. Travel Bugs seem to have started in
c.2000. Yet the letter references the *building* or working on the Swan
bunker.

Ryan Robbins

Dec 16, 2005, 4:36:50 PM12/16/05

> Robert wrote:
>
>> Pretended to be Locke's mother? Let me guess. The man Locke hired to
>> investigate her claims was part of the conspiracy?
>
> Obviously. IIRC Locke was referred to him by a friend.

You seem to remember a lot of things incorrectly.

Zamboni

Dec 16, 2005, 5:24:08 PM12/16/05

"Tere" <terence...@nist.gov> wrote in message
Could it have been taken while just after Desmond arrived? (I'm assuming
that he brought the bags to the island.)
--
Zamboni

rico rich

Dec 16, 2005, 7:28:20 PM12/16/05
i am officially ending all talk on this thread. hijacked and crashed
into a skyscrapper

A.D.C.

Dec 16, 2005, 9:58:09 PM12/16/05
not funny you piece of crap