Dr. Turner

A. Kimbrough

Jul 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/27/98
This may have been pointed out already...but, the episode where Afre
Woodard appeared as Dr. Roxanne Turner from St Elsewhere has me puzzled.
If, in the final episode of St. Elsewhere it was determined that the whole
hospital and staff were just part of the imagination of an autistic boy,
then the character of Dr. Turner never existed! And since she is a
fictional character, how can she be questioned by the Homicide
detectives...unless they are fictional as well??!! And if they are
fictional...and Det. Munch appeared on The X-Files...Mulder and Sculley
must also be fictional!!! And since a character on the X-Files also
appeared on Millenium, the characters on that program also do not exist!!
Thus is the danger of crossover.

Steve Jung

Jul 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/27/98
In article <01bdb8f3$83e616a0$8ed48dce@hkyxytrz>
"A. Kimbrough" <kimb...@ameritech.net> writes:

> detectives...unless they are fictional as well??!! And if they are
> fictional...and Det. Munch appeared on The X-Files...Mulder and Sculley
> must also be fictional!!! And since a character on the X-Files also

To further twist your mind... Didn't Munch have a line once about
people staying
home Friday nights to watch "The X-Files"? I don't remember what
episode it was, but a clue would be when "The X-files" was on Fridays.

Steve Jung

Lynn

Jul 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/27/98
In article <6pgpno$p2$1...@newsmonger.rutgers.edu>,
ju...@mbcl.rutgers.edu (Steve Jung) wrote:

Wasn't it the grand opening of The Waterfront? Lewis and Bayliss were
worried because no one had shown up and Munch said it was only 9:00.

Lynn

LittleEva1

Jul 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/27/98
A Kimbrough said
<snip>

>And since a character on the X-Files also
>appeared on Millenium, the characters on that program also do not exist!!
>Thus is the danger of crossover.

Hey, don't forget Law & Order! They've also crossed over with HLOTS.

"I'm just a Jerry Springer guest waiting to happen."

Tim Dunleavy

Jul 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/28/98

LittleEva1 wrote in message
<199807272049...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...

>Hey, don't forget Law & Order! They've also crossed over with HLOTS.

And don't forget the HLOTS cameo appearance by Dr. Geiger of "Chicago Hope"
(Mandy Patinkin). Plus, Mandy and several other "Chicago Hope" cast members
appeared on a crossover episode of "Picket Fences."

That Tommy Westphall has one HECK of an imagination!

-Tim

Lauren Koons

Jul 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/29/98
Tim Dunleavy (ti...@voicenet.com) wrote:
:
: And don't forget the HLOTS cameo appearance by Dr. Geiger of "Chicago Hope"

: (Mandy Patinkin). Plus, Mandy and several other "Chicago Hope" cast members
: appeared on a crossover episode of "Picket Fences."

it wasn't until I finally saw "A Doll's Eyes" again the other nite that I
finally got this reference....

anyway, back to the subject at hand....New York Undercover is affected too
since Olivet (the Psychologist from L&O) made an appearance or two on that
show.

--

--Lauren, RC Buffy--

--
"You can do anything you want, as long as you don't call it what it is."
--Jeffrey, from "The Dying Gaul" by Craig Lucas

Ehrhead

Jul 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/30/98
Re: if St. Elsewhere was all imaginary, therefore Dr. Turner was
imaginary, therefore the worlds of H:LotS and every show it's ever
touched don't exist:

I don't recall any mention of St. Eligius in the H:LotS episode.
Although we all get the connection with St. Elsewhere, the fact that
St. E's wasn't "real" in TV world doesn't preclude the possibility of
a Dr. Roxanne Turner existing. She just wouldn't be the *same* Dr.
Turner...

But try explaining *that* to the credit bureaus!

Ehrhead
Still trying to figure out how her mom's credit cards wound up on her
report, just because the *first* name (not middle, not SS#) is the
same...

TVFan87656

Jul 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/30/98
eh...@hotmail.com (Ehrhead) wrote:

>I don't recall any mention of St. Eligius in the H:LotS episode.
>Although we all get the connection with St. Elsewhere, the fact that
>St. E's wasn't "real" in TV world doesn't preclude the possibility of
>a Dr. Roxanne Turner existing. She just wouldn't be the *same* Dr.
>Turner...

Think of the confusions if Tim had introduced her to his cousin Jim.

Don Cotnoir-Strong

Jul 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/30/98

A. Kimbrough wrote in message <01bdb8f3$83e616a0$8ed48dce@hkyxytrz>...

>This may have been pointed out already...but, the episode where Afre
>Woodard appeared as Dr. Roxanne Turner from St Elsewhere has me puzzled.
>If, in the final episode of St. Elsewhere it was determined that the whole
>hospital and staff were just part of the imagination of an autistic boy,
>then the character of Dr. Turner never existed! And since she is a
>fictional character, how can she be questioned by the Homicide
>detectives...unless they are fictional as well??!! And if they are
>fictional...and Det. Munch appeared on The X-Files...Mulder and Sculley
>must also be fictional!!! And since a character on the X-Files also

>appeared on Millenium, the characters on that program also do not exist!!
>Thus is the danger of crossover.

Wanna hear something funny?

Okay, but it's going to hurt...

THEY'RE ALL FICTIONAL!

Thank you.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled newsgroup.

Don

Who wonders what's on NBC in Baltimore at 10 PM on Friday nights...

Lauren Koons

Jul 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/30/98
TVFan87656 (tvfan...@aol.com) wrote:

well, and Kyle was on St. Elsewhere as a dying AIDS patient. not to
mention if she met Judge Andahl who was Wade, the perpetually
uninteresting surgical resident.

TVFan87656

Jul 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/31/98
lk...@is5.nyu.edu (Lauren Koons) wrote:

>well, and Kyle was on St. Elsewhere as a dying AIDS patient. not to
>mention if she met Judge Andahl who was Wade, the perpetually
>uninteresting surgical resident.

And what if they all met the very short-lived interior decorator for the
Waterfront? I can't imagine Wayne Fiscus in inteior decorating, but I also
could never imagine Dr. Ehrlich as Tim's chiropractor. One of my favorite
scenes in Sniper 1, even if only his name was mentioned. If I had any doubts of
the Fontana connection between the two shows, they were permanently taken away
with the "Sunny Side of the Street" montage on a TV Land rerun a few weeks ago.
That was so much like Homicide, I was expecting to see Frank and Olivia after
the scene of Jack and his son Peter.

A. Kimbrough

Aug 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/1/98
All advertisments made reference to the fact that Afre Woodard was
returning to her role as Dr. Turner from St. Elsewhere. Therefore the St.
Elsewhere reference is inferred.

Ehrhead <eh...@hotmail.com> wrote in article
<35bfe9b2...@news.earthlink.net>...

> Re: if St. Elsewhere was all imaginary, therefore Dr. Turner was
> imaginary, therefore the worlds of H:LotS and every show it's ever
> touched don't exist:
>

> I don't recall any mention of St. Eligius in the H:LotS episode.
> Although we all get the connection with St. Elsewhere, the fact that
> St. E's wasn't "real" in TV world doesn't preclude the possibility of
> a Dr. Roxanne Turner existing. She just wouldn't be the *same* Dr.
> Turner...

Ehrhead

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
Quoth "A. Kimbrough":

>All advertisments made reference to the fact that Afre Woodard was
>returning to her role as Dr. Turner from St. Elsewhere. Therefore the St.
>Elsewhere reference is inferred.

Advertisement, schmadvertisement. I repeat, with emphasis added: I
don't recall any mention of St. Eligius *in the H:LotS episode.* What
NBC chooses to say in its ads for the show has no bearing on what the
characters know -- and sometimes has no resemblance to what actually
happens in the show, anyway. After all, doesn't NBC say those "Ripped!
From! The! Headlines!" shows are supposed to be exciting?

Ehrhead
Damn, I hate Mondays...

Ehrhead

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
Quoth "A. Kimbrough":

>All advertisments made reference to the fact that Afre Woodard was
>returning to her role as Dr. Turner from St. Elsewhere. Therefore the St.
>Elsewhere reference is inferred.

Um, not by me. If you mean *implied,* that's a whole different story.

Ehrhead
Yeah, I know I already responded, but I missed this, and I have to do
my part to help a.t.h. live up to its rep for nitpicking...

Homicide42

Aug 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/7/98
If this is the case, this means Tim Russert of Meet the Press isn't real? So
if a real life person isn't real.. then were not real! So who's watching us on
TV? Sorry, I'v been just going nuts every since i saw "The Last Action Hero"
for the first time.

Lynn

Aug 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/7/98
homic...@aol.com (Homicide42) wrote:

We're just brains in vats. I bid three quatloos!

Lynn
Don't ask.

A. Kimbrough

Aug 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/7/98
A Star Trek fan and a Homicide fan...OUTSTANDING!!

Lynn

Aug 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/7/98
"A. Kimbrough" <kimb...@ameritech.net> wrote:

>A Star Trek fan and a Homicide fan...OUTSTANDING!!
>

>Lynn wrote in message...

>> We're just brains in vats. I bid three quatloos!
>>
>>Lynn
>>Don't ask.

My guess is, there's a few of us out there. References pop up, here and
there.

Lynn
Hoping like Hell the cable upgrade includes the sci-fi channel, so she can
see TOS again.

Dan Hole

Oct 11, 2012, 7:34:50 PM10/11/12

Has anyone read the analysis over at http://home.vicnet.net.au/~kwgow/crossovers.html ? It's pretty extensive. It seems this universe continues to expand and absorb other universes.