Highlander University: Revenge Is Sweet

Jerri

Jul 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/16/99
If you can believe Vanity as a vengeful mortal out to wreak havoc on Duncan
MacLeod for supposedly whacking her boyfriend, a fairly evil Immortal named
Walter Reinhardt, then you are a True Believer.
There are some good scenes in the episode. Tessa climbing into that
skintight little black dress, then getting The Itch and Duncan having to
rush her into the glass-walled shower and strip her and give her a good
rinsing off. That's a good one. And Tessa imitating Vanity being superior
is a real hoot. Angie makes an appearance as Richie's non-girlfriend who
buys a used car from him and insists on satisfaction when it practically
explodes on her. I like how she grinds him down a little ("You TOLD me it
was a GOOD CAR, RICHIE!") while he squirms. Then there's the scene where
Richie is told to drive the really expensive car to the customer and pick
up a check in payment. Right. Uh-huh. The fake duel between Rebecca Lord
and Duncan for the benefit of Walter, is pretty entertaining ... a lot more
entertaining than watching her stab that dummy in the heart a few dozen
times. The quickening with all the pots exploding was good, but one has to
wonder if Dunkie just left Walter, headless, out in the garden for Rebecca
to deal with. I wonder about that, but I don't wonder hard or for very
long. The obligatory scene where Rebecca mourns that she met Walter before
she could meet Duncan and thereby Got It All Wrong was kind of sick-making,
but ... then you gotta figure that Duncan dodged a bullet on THAT one and
everything's okay again.
Questions:
1. Who ever bought a used car and had 'em deliver it to you in the dark of
night, with only the promise of a check? Whatever happened to signing 14
separate pieces of paper and waiting while the salesguy talked to the
manager 6 times to okay different parts of the deal?
Bonus Question: Would you buy a used car from Richie Ryan?
2. Walter Reinhardt must have been a salesguy at a women's clothing store
in order to fit that little black dress to Tessa to perfection like that.
Did Tessa tip the guy who delivered it to her?
3. Wouldn't Angie have made a great Immortal? Couldn't you just see her
with a sword in her hand, laughing as she beheaded ... the sales manager on
the used car lot?
4. Had the Highlander convention of Pixie Dust been invented by the time
Duncan left Walter in separate pieces in the garden?
5.. Hadn't TPTB learned their lesson from Joan Jett in Free Fall? Discuss.
6. Duncan in a poufy shirt ... serendipity or callous calculation?
7. Duncan's jeans. A fashion "DO" or a fashion "DON'T"? Could he get a
wallet in the back pocket?

Jerri
Legacy 2000
Washington, D.C.
May 26 - 29 2000
http://www.legacycon.org

Jette Goldie

Jul 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/16/99

Jerri wrote

>Questions:
>1. Who ever bought a used car and had 'em deliver it to you in the dark of
>night, with only the promise of a check? Whatever happened to signing 14
>separate pieces of paper and waiting while the salesguy talked to the
>manager 6 times to okay different parts of the deal?

That's how we know that Richie's *boss* is a very shady
character <g>

>Bonus Question: Would you buy a used car from Richie Ryan?

Not if he was working for (see above) <g>

>2. Walter Reinhardt must have been a salesguy at a women's clothing store
>in order to fit that little black dress to Tessa to perfection like that.
>Did Tessa tip the guy who delivered it to her?

Does one tip delivery people? One does not tip one's
postperson for doing his/her proper job. (except at Xmas)
(just not DONE, dahling - bad form, what?)

Jette

HISTORICON 2001: Setting the Standards for the Next Millennium
http://home.freeuk.com/bosslady/historicon-1.html
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/historicon

Kathy Morey

Jul 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/16/99
Jerri wrote:

> If you can believe Vanity as a vengeful mortal out to wreak havoc on Duncan
> MacLeod for supposedly whacking her boyfriend, a fairly evil Immortal named
> Walter Reinhardt, then you are a True Believer.
> There are some good scenes in the episode. Tessa climbing into that
> skintight little black dress, then getting The Itch and Duncan having to
> rush her into the glass-walled shower and strip her and give her a good
> rinsing off. That's a good one. And Tessa imitating Vanity being superior
> is a real hoot. Angie makes an appearance as Richie's non-girlfriend who
> buys a used car from him and insists on satisfaction when it practically
> explodes on her. I like how she grinds him down a little ("You TOLD me it
> was a GOOD CAR, RICHIE!") while he squirms. Then there's the scene where
> Richie is told to drive the really expensive car to the customer and pick
> up a check in payment. Right. Uh-huh. The fake duel between Rebecca Lord
> and Duncan for the benefit of Walter, is pretty entertaining ... a lot more
> entertaining than watching her stab that dummy in the heart a few dozen
> times. The quickening with all the pots exploding was good, but one has to
> wonder if Dunkie just left Walter, headless, out in the garden for Rebecca
> to deal with. I wonder about that, but I don't wonder hard or for very
> long. The obligatory scene where Rebecca mourns that she met Walter before
> she could meet Duncan and thereby Got It All Wrong was kind of sick-making,
> but ... then you gotta figure that Duncan dodged a bullet on THAT one and
> everything's okay again.

<snerk>

I have to say that I also enjoyed the little comeuppance Rebecca meted out to
the street punk who was being very obnoxious......

And I enjoyed the little "I know you're an immortal but you're also a man, so
don't act like a stupid one" conversation between Tess and Duncan.

Questions:

> 1. Who ever bought a used car and had 'em deliver it to you in the dark of
> night, with only the promise of a check? Whatever happened to signing 14
> separate pieces of paper and waiting while the salesguy talked to the
> manager 6 times to okay different parts of the deal?

Oh, well, see, they'd *done* that part already, and then Walter must have said
he'd get back to them, and the sleazy dealer thought he'd lost a big sale, so
when Walter called and said he'd changed his mind, said sleazy dealer was just
glad his fish had climbed back on the hook, so to speak. Yeah, that's it.
(Justifications 'R Us, at your service. Note that our title is *not* _Good_
Justifications 'R Us...)

> Bonus Question: Would you buy a used car from Richie Ryan?

Uh, er, ahem. May I plead the fifth on this one?

> 2. Walter Reinhardt must have been a salesguy at a women's clothing store
> in order to fit that little black dress to Tessa to perfection like that.
> Did Tessa tip the guy who delivered it to her?

Of course - she's a woman of taste and distinction. And she's rich.

> 3. Wouldn't Angie have made a great Immortal? Couldn't you just see her
> with a sword in her hand, laughing as she beheaded ... the sales manager on
> the used car lot?

Yes. Yes.

> 4. Had the Highlander convention of Pixie Dust been invented by the time
> Duncan left Walter in separate pieces in the garden?

I don't think so.... Besides, I do remember Mac stopping her when she was
gonna go look, so I have to believe he took care of the gruesomeness.....

> 5.. Hadn't TPTB learned their lesson from Joan Jett in Free Fall? Discuss.

Apparently not.

I know that's not much discussion, but there doesn't seem to be much else to
say.

> 6. Duncan in a poufy shirt ... serendipity or callous calculation?

Who cares? I'll take it however it comes.

> 7. Duncan's jeans. A fashion "DO" or a fashion "DON'T"? Could he get a
> wallet in the back pocket?

"DO". Definitely "DO". And again, I say, who cares? He's immortal, what does
he need with a wallet? (Yes, I know that's a ridiculous statement. But I'll
take jeans' scenes however and wherever I can get them too.)

Kathy
"Revenge Is Sweet"
Rebecca, who knew how to fence,
Challenged Duncan. To her it made sense:
Thought her boyfriend was dead.
But he'd used her, instead -
Poor thing was naive, not just dense.

sadi...@my-deja.com

Jul 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/17/99
In article <i7Oj3.7072$vc.8...@nnrp3.clara.net>,

"Jette Goldie" <bosslad...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> Does one tip delivery people? One does not tip one's
> postperson for doing his/her proper job. (except at Xmas)
> (just not DONE, dahling - bad form, what?)
>
> Jette

What about the pizza delivery guy? He gets tipped but I can't think of
anyone else...Postperson? That's a mailman right? People tip them?

~Sadie <--- The gates are down, the lights are flashing, but the train
isn't coming

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

byr...@my-deja.com

Jul 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/17/99
In article <01becfd1$e09c3280$e32a1b26@jerri-lapoint>,
"Jerri" <jerla...@earthlink.net> wrote:

*snipping Jerri's highlight of the ep*

> Questions:
> 1. Who ever bought a used car and had 'em deliver it to you in the
dark of night, with only the promise of a check? Whatever happened to
signing 14 separate pieces of paper and waiting while the salesguy
talked to the manager 6 times to okay different parts of the deal?

The one in my neighborhood? It sells cars at all hours of the night,
especially on the weekend. And the same cars mysteriously appear back a
few days later, yet the lot's been in *business* for several years.

> Bonus Question: Would you buy a used car from Richie Ryan?

Yes. But that's not necessarily a good thing. The last used car dealer
we dealt with was building a bomb shelter in his back yard out of an old
school bus that had been cut in half.

> 2. Walter Reinhardt must have been a salesguy at a women's clothing
store in order to fit that little black dress to Tessa to perfection
like that. Did Tessa tip the guy who delivered it to her?

Um...it was already covered?

> 3. Wouldn't Angie have made a great Immortal? Couldn't you just see
her with a sword in her hand, laughing as she beheaded ... the sales
manager on the used car lot?

Yes, she would have made a great Immie.

> 4. Had the Highlander convention of Pixie Dust been invented by the
time Duncan left Walter in separate pieces in the garden?

What? I think there's a story here I must not be privy to.

> 5.. Hadn't TPTB learned their lesson from Joan Jett in Free Fall?
Discuss.

I'd have to guess...no? Either that or they were still trying
unsucessfully to get the right feel for the series.

6. Duncan in a poufy shirt ... serendipity or callous calculation?

Who cares as long as I get to see him in it?

> 7. Duncan's jeans. A fashion "DO" or a fashion "DON'T"? Could he get
a wallet in the back pocket?

On Duncan a "DO". On the majority of the population (including myself)
- a "DON'T". As for the wallet, who cares? Like with the shirt - as
long as I get to see him in it, I don't care. I'm not that
picky...really. <g>

LadyReb <working on transfer credit - this is an elective, right?>

> Jerri
> Legacy 2000
> Washington, D.C.
> May 26 - 29 2000
> http://www.legacycon.org

Jerri

Jul 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/17/99
Jette Goldie <bosslad...@my-deja.com> wrote

> Does one tip delivery people? One does not tip one's
> postperson for doing his/her proper job. (except at Xmas)
> (just not DONE, dahling - bad form, what?)

One tips anyone who performs personal service for one, especially pizza
delivery folk. One generally doesn't tip FedEx or UPS delivery folk ... but
a delivery from a store might be considered a tip-worthy service. Perhaps.
One always tips the driver of the van between airport & hotel. One always
tips Dawn the Dye Lady very well indeed. One does not, however, tip Dawn
the Dentist. One tips the skycaps outside the airport door if one wants
one's own personal luggage to arrive at one's destination on the same
flight. One tips the maid at the hotel, because cleaning the tub every day
is extraordinarily tip-worthy.
But especially, one tips pizza delivery folk, the most under-paid folk in
the world for services rendered. Especially if the pizza is hot and the
cheese still gooey, the pepperoni still bubbling in its own rendered fat.
Jerri <wonders what the pizza guys buy one-half so precious as the stuff
they deliver>

byr...@my-deja.com

Jul 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/17/99
Oops. I forgot. Another plus in this episode (besides the poufy shirt
and the walletless pants) was getting to hear Duncan say my name
numerous times.

LadyReb <yes, it's pathetic, but I told you I really wasn't that picky>

Ann Hall

Jul 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/17/99
Wasn't this the episode where Tessa asks DM which part of his 400 year old
anatomy was telling him that Rebecca Lord didn't have anything to do with
Reinhardt's disappearance? I enjoyed that!
Though Vanity's acting or lack thereof was a bit much!

Ann
"If the world were a logical place, men would ride side saddle."

<byr...@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:7moisr$v8v$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...

> > Legacy 2000
> > Washington, D.C.
> > May 26 - 29 2000
> > http://www.legacycon.org

Shomeret

Jul 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/17/99
Re Vanity's acting--I actually thought it was quite a bit better than Joan
Jett's. Yes, I'm a true believer in Rebecca Lord.(Of course it might help that
this is the only time I have ever seen Vanity, so I don't see her as a rock
star.) She's one of my favorite guest characters. Loyalty to her fiance,
courage, passion and beauty. Too bad she wasn't an immie.

Shomeret

Jerri

Jul 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/17/99
byr...@my-deja.com wrote
> "Jerri" <jerla...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> > 4. Had the Highlander convention of Pixie Dust
> > been invented by the time Duncan left Walter in
> > separate pieces in the garden?

> What? I think there's a story here I must not be privy to.

Actually, I think I may have made up the pixie dust convention. Maybe not.
Someone did. Anyhow, it goes like this: Immortals are always leaving bodies
in 2 pieces. At the beginning of the series, the cops took an interest in
finding bodies that had been beheaded. Then ... suddenly ... they no longer
took an interest. It was as if finding severed heads was ... normal. Or,
perhaps, they weren't finding the bodies at all! The bodies were
discorporated by the judicious and timely application of Pixie Dust,
carried by all the most discrete and courteous Immortals in order to a)
hide the evidence and b) spare the sensibilities and tender tummies of
folks who dwell on the unappetizing thoughts of decapitation and such.
You are now privy to details of the Pixie Dust Convention.
Remember: a little knowledge can be a Dangerous Thang. Don't spend it all
in one place.
Jerri

Philippa Chapman

Jul 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/17/99
On Fri, 16 Jul 1999 20:09:06 -0400, Kathy Morey <kmm...@ix.netcom.com>
wrote:

>> There are some good scenes in the episode. Tessa climbing into that
>> skintight little black dress, then getting The Itch and Duncan having to
>> rush her into the glass-walled shower and strip her and give her a good
>> rinsing off. That's a good one.

<THUD>.

>The fake duel between Rebecca Lord
>> and Duncan for the benefit of Walter, is pretty entertaining ... a lot more
>> entertaining than watching her stab that dummy in the heart a few dozen
>> times. The quickening with all the pots exploding was good,

Ahh, yes - the exploding flowerbeds! The same house turned up in
'Poltergeist - the Legacy' later and they never did replant those pots and
beds...<BG>.

>And I enjoyed the little "I know you're an immortal but you're also a man, so
>don't act like a stupid one" conversation between Tess and Duncan.

Aahh, yes. "And what part of your 400 year old body were you thinking
with...?!" Great, great line!

>> 1. Who ever bought a used car and had 'em deliver it to you in the dark of
>> night, with only the promise of a check? Whatever happened to signing 14
>> separate pieces of paper and waiting while the salesguy talked to the
>> manager 6 times to okay different parts of the deal?

HA! It was a Shady Deal!

>> Bonus Question: Would you buy a used car from Richie Ryan?

Not any more <G>!

>> 2. Walter Reinhardt must have been a salesguy at a women's clothing store
>> in order to fit that little black dress to Tessa to perfection like that.

He was secretly lusting after her body?!!?

>> 4. Had the Highlander convention of Pixie Dust been invented by the time
>> Duncan left Walter in separate pieces in the garden?
>

>I don't think so.... Besides, I do remember Mac stopping her when she was
>gonna go look, so I have to believe he took care of the gruesomeness.....

Probably buried him in the compost heap...

>> 5.. Hadn't TPTB learned their lesson from Joan Jett in Free Fall? Discuss.

I quite liked the fencing match between Rebecca and Duncan. Let us say it
got my motor running <G>. Ideas of trading places with her came to mind
<G>. Although Duncan would have finished me off in a heartbeat, since it
has been too many years since I last did fencing!

>> 6. Duncan in a poufy shirt ... serendipity or callous calculation?

An open poofy shirt is better!

>> 7. Duncan's jeans. A fashion "DO" or a fashion "DON'T"? Could he get a
>> wallet in the back pocket?

It's a whopping big 'DO' for me! And how did he squeeze
his...ahem...'equipment' into such a small space? Not much room for
maneouvre!! I mean, a pretty lady/Tessa passes by and he could get
arrested!

Philippa

|Philippa Chapman <phil...@dapc.globalnet.co.uk> |

| |
| HISTORICON 2001 : Setting the |
| Standards for the Next Millennium |
|http://home.freeuk.com/bosslady/historicon-1.html |
|http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/historicon |

Jette Goldie

Jul 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/17/99

sadi...@my-deja.com wrote in message <7moiin$v5t$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...
>In article <i7Oj3.7072$vc.8...@nnrp3.clara.net>,

> "Jette Goldie" <bosslad...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>> Does one tip delivery people? One does not tip one's
>> postperson for doing his/her proper job. (except at Xmas)
>> (just not DONE, dahling - bad form, what?)
>>
>> Jette
>
>What about the pizza delivery guy? He gets tipped but I can't think of
>anyone else...Postperson? That's a mailman right? People tip them?

One has never ordered pizza delivered to the house!! One
goes to an Italian restaurant if one desires pizza and tips
one's waiter if (and only if) he gives good service. (after
all he earns more than a lowly civil servant <g>). One
has occasionally bought a take away pizza and brought
it home, but I think the assistant in the take away store
would look at me strangely if one was to tip him <g>

(one's hubby is a post person <g>)

Jette

Robert Schechter

Jul 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/17/99
Jerri wrote:

> Jette Goldie <bosslad...@my-deja.com> wrote
>
> > Does one tip delivery people? One does not tip one's
> > postperson for doing his/her proper job. (except at Xmas)
> > (just not DONE, dahling - bad form, what?)
>
> One tips anyone who performs personal service for one, especially pizza
> delivery folk. One generally doesn't tip FedEx or UPS delivery folk ... but
> a delivery from a store might be considered a tip-worthy service. Perhaps.

This one tips store delivery people. I've also had people from Sears
turn down the tips. The thing that always bothers me is what to do
about the owner of a business. The man comes in and installs the
curtains. I would normally tip heavily for curtain-installation, with
all that fussy steaming and folding and such; but what if the installer
is the owner of the company? Sometimes it is difficult to know.

> One always tips the driver of the van between airport & hotel. One always
> tips Dawn the Dye Lady very well indeed. One does not, however, tip Dawn
> the Dentist. One tips the skycaps outside the airport door if one wants
> one's own personal luggage to arrive at one's destination on the same
> flight.

I have never lost a bag since the day I decided that $5 a bag was just
about right. Coincidence?

One tips the maid at the hotel, because cleaning the tub every day
> is extraordinarily tip-worthy.

If she also happens to change the sheets and vacuum.

> But especially, one tips pizza delivery folk, the most under-paid folk in
> the world for services rendered. Especially if the pizza is hot and the
> cheese still gooey, the pepperoni still bubbling in its own rendered fat.
> Jerri <wonders what the pizza guys buy one-half so precious as the stuff
> they deliver>

Oooooooh! A literary allusion! And a funny one! Nice. Good one,
Jerri.

Eleanor

Jerri

Jul 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/17/99
Jette Goldie <jette....@u.genie.co.uk> wrote

> One has never ordered pizza delivered to the house!!

Oh, I <AM> sorry. Never gotten home after a hard day of labor in the coal
mine, flopped into an easy chair and called the magic number? <I have the
number memorized> And 45 minutes later, a car pulls into the driveway and a
guy brings a pizza to the door, and actually lets you have that pizza in
exchange for some money <and a nice tip> and you don't have to go out, or
cook or anything? In fact you've probably changed into your robe and fuzzy
slippers before he even got there 'cause you knew that a pizza was on the
way and Life Is Good?

> One goes to an Italian restaurant if one desires pizza
> and tips one's waiter if (and only if) he gives good service.

Well, that's one way of getting pizza ... actually I go to an Italian
restaurant if I want fettucini al fredo (heart attack on a plate) and good
Italian bread to soak with extra virgin olive oil and freshly grated cheese
... and one tips one's waiter if (and only if) he is still breathing at the
end of the meal.

Trillseekr

Jul 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/17/99
<jerla...@earthlink.net> writes:

> The quickening with all the pots exploding was good, but one has to
>wonder if Dunkie just left Walter, headless, out in the garden for Rebecca
>to deal with. I wonder about that, but I don't wonder hard or for very long.

I thought Duncan buried him...wasn't there a grave with a sword sticking out of
it, or was that another ep? Anyway I'm pretty sure there was a grave. Darn
it, I'm going to have to go watch the ep and make sure.

>Questions:

>1. Who ever bought a used car and had 'em deliver it to you in the dark of
>night, with only the promise of a check? Whatever happened to signing 14
>separate pieces of paper and waiting while the salesguy talked to the
>manager 6 times to okay different parts of the deal?

Did that particular salesman seem like an up-front, by-the-book fellow to you?
<G>

>4. Had the Highlander convention of Pixie Dust been invented by the time
>Duncan left Walter in separate pieces in the garden?

What is Pixie Dust supposed to do?

Trilly-creature of contradictions

Trillseekr

Jul 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/17/99
In article <01bed04a$6919ac00$372a1b26@jerri-lapoint>, "Jerri"
<jerla...@earthlink.net> writes:

>Well, that's one way of getting pizza ... actually I go to an Italian
>restaurant if I want fettucini al fredo (heart attack on a plate) and good
>Italian bread to soak with extra virgin olive oil and freshly grated cheese
>... and one tips one's waiter if (and only if) he is still breathing at the
>end of the meal.

LOL!!! "Heart attack on a plate"? I eat it all the time and my cholesterol's
not bad...must be the occasional aspirin and exercise.

Trilly-creature of contradictions

Jerri

Jul 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/17/99
Trillseekr <trill...@aol.comsnlybs> wrote

>"Jerri" <jerla...@earthlink.net> writes:

> > The quickening with all the pots exploding was good,
> > but one has to wonder if Dunkie just left Walter,
> > headless, out in the garden for Rebecca to deal with.
> > I wonder about that, but I don't wonder hard or for very long.

> I thought Duncan buried him...wasn't there a grave with a
> sword sticking out of it, or was that another ep? Anyway
> I'm pretty sure there was a grave. Darn
> it, I'm going to have to go watch the ep and make sure.

Watching the episode is a good way to put your mind at ease over the
question; however, the grave with the sword sticking out of it is in
episode Innocent Man.

Duncan obviously doesn't want Rebecca to see Walter's decapitated
condition; however, it's not stated how she'll avoid seeing him if she just
takes a walk in the garden one day. So he may have buried him, but when
he's talking to Rebecca later, he doesn't look like a fella who just dug in
the dirt and buried a guy. Maybe he makes Richie bury him later on.

Richie could start an exciting new career as a gravedigger / Immortal
funeral director (it doesn't look as if the Used Car Salesman gig really
worked out ... and did the guy actually fix Angie's car after the luxury
car deal fell through?) , but odds favor the Pixie Dust. It takes a little
while to discorporate a corpse, but eventually it does the trick. No cops
will come to call. No charges will be filed. I think it might also file the
probate stuff and settle the estate. Of course, since Walter was presumed
dead long before the episode's "now", his estate would have presumably been
settled. Rebecca keeps it all, and it couldn't happen to a nicer ...
<sheesh>

byr...@my-deja.com

Jul 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/17/99
Thank you, Professor Jerri.

LadyReb <almost always uses her knowledge for good instead of
evil><except under the influence of certain people who shall remain
nameless but know who they are, margaritas, and Ben and Jerry's Ice
Cream>

In article <01becffd$d8bd1b20$712a1b26@jerri-lapoint>,

"Jerri" <jerla...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> byr...@my-deja.com wrote
> > "Jerri" <jerla...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>

> > > 4. Had the Highlander convention of Pixie Dust
> > > been invented by the time Duncan left Walter in
> > > separate pieces in the garden?
>

> > What? I think there's a story here I must not be privy to.
>
> Actually, I think I may have made up the pixie dust convention. Maybe
>not. Someone did. Anyhow, it goes like this: Immortals are always
>leaving bodies in 2 pieces. At the beginning of the series, the cops
>took an interest in finding bodies that had been beheaded. Then ...
>suddenly ... they no longer took an interest. It was as if finding
>severed heads was ... normal. Or, perhaps, they weren't finding the
>bodies at all! The bodies were discorporated by the judicious and
>timely application of Pixie Dust, carried by all the most discrete and
>courteous Immortals in order to a) hide the evidence and b) spare the
>sensibilities and tender tummies of folks who dwell on the unappetizing
>thoughts of decapitation and such.
>
> You are now privy to details of the Pixie Dust Convention.
>
> Remember: a little knowledge can be a Dangerous Thang. Don't spend it
>all in one place.
>

> Jerri
> --
> Legacy 2000
> Washington, D.C.
> May 26 - 29 2000
> http://www.legacycon.org

Jette Goldie

Jul 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/17/99

Jerri wrote in message <01bed04a$6919ac00$372a1b26@jerri-lapoint>...

>Jette Goldie <jette....@u.genie.co.uk> wrote
>
>> One has never ordered pizza delivered to the house!!
>
>Oh, I <AM> sorry. Never gotten home after a hard day of labor in the coal
>mine, flopped into an easy chair and called the magic number? <I have the
>number memorized> And 45 minutes later, a car pulls into the driveway and a
>guy brings a pizza to the door, and actually lets you have that pizza in
>exchange for some money <and a nice tip> and you don't have to go out, or
>cook or anything? In fact you've probably changed into your robe and fuzzy
>slippers before he even got there 'cause you knew that a pizza was on the
>way and Life Is Good?

Goodness no! and WAY too slow! One gets off the bus
one stop past one's normal stop (about 100 yards) and
one pops into one of the two chinese take away shops,
the fish and chip shop who also sells pizza and pasta,
or the kebab shop, then one takes a leisurely stroll
home through the park, which takes less than five
minutes. Or one visits the deli on the corner and
buys a chilled fresh pizza or chicken enchiladas
or burritos or whatever fresh made and delicious
delights are sitting in the chill cabinet and pops it
in the microwave when one gets home while one
jumps under the shower and changes into a soft
flowing dress and wanders barefoot back into the
kitchen to collect one's dinner (and keep it out of
the clutches of one's cats <g>)

sadi...@my-deja.com

Jul 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/17/99
Jette wrote:

> Goodness no! and WAY too slow! One gets off the bus
> one stop past one's normal stop (about 100 yards) and
> one pops into one of the two chinese take away shops,
> the fish and chip shop who also sells pizza and pasta,
> or the kebab shop, then one takes a leisurely stroll
> home through the park, which takes less than five
> minutes. Or one visits the deli on the corner and
> buys a chilled fresh pizza or chicken enchiladas
> or burritos or whatever fresh made and delicious
> delights are sitting in the chill cabinet and pops it
> in the microwave when one gets home while one
> jumps under the shower and changes into a soft
> flowing dress and wanders barefoot back into the
> kitchen to collect one's dinner (and keep it out of
> the clutches of one's cats <g>)

Wait! Is this even possible? What land is that able to happen in,
because I want to go there! lol! :-)

~Sadie <--- Lives in the sleepy town of Cleveland, Ohio, USA :-)...

Jerri

Jul 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/17/99
Jette Goldie <jette....@u.genie.co.uk> wrote
> Goodness no! and WAY too slow! One gets off the bus
> one stop past one's normal stop ...

Well, there we are. The bus. And this "walking" thing. I could walk down to
the pizza delivery place ... it's about a half mile, but ... that would be
wrong. McDonalds is right across the street, and so is In A Tub (the
greasiest tacos in the entire universe). A Chinese restaurant used to be
there, too ... but was recently turned into a health food store. Won't be
darkening their doors any time soon. Used to be a Subway sandwich shop, too
... but it's being turned into a dentist's office. There's a teeny tiny
diner that used to be a doughnut shop. But ... when ya get down to it ...
after a long hot day down in the coal mines, there's nothin' like dialing
the Magic Number (in KC it's 648-8888) for pizza and knowin' the pizza guy
will come slogging through whatever weather is out there, and bring a
steaming hand-tossed supreme pizza to my door. Through rain, sleet, hail, 6
feet of snow, or dark of night, these guys will make their appointed
rounds, and offer you a coupon for your next order.

Jette Goldie

Jul 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/17/99

sadi...@my-deja.com wrote

>Jette wrote:
>
>> Goodness no! and WAY too slow! One gets off the bus

>> one stop past one's normal stop (about 100 yards) and
>> one pops into one of the two chinese take away shops,
>> the fish and chip shop who also sells pizza and pasta,
>> or the kebab shop, then one takes a leisurely stroll
>> home through the park, which takes less than five
>> minutes. Or one visits the deli on the corner and
>> buys a chilled fresh pizza or chicken enchiladas
>> or burritos or whatever fresh made and delicious
>> delights are sitting in the chill cabinet and pops it
>> in the microwave when one gets home while one
>> jumps under the shower and changes into a soft
>> flowing dress and wanders barefoot back into the
>> kitchen to collect one's dinner (and keep it out of
>> the clutches of one's cats <g>)
>
>Wait! Is this even possible? What land is that able to happen in,
>because I want to go there! lol! :-)
>
>~Sadie <--- Lives in the sleepy town of Cleveland, Ohio, USA :-)...

Well not only is it possible, it's natural and normal here
in the happening capital of Scotland <g>

(pizza delivery - we got those. most chinese places
deliver, even the Curry Oot will deliver - but why bother?
they're literally a few yards from the house <g>)
(besides which it would take longer for the guy to
deliver than it takes me to walk)

Shomeret

Jul 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/17/99
Re pizza delivery--Well, in this very non-happening area of Oakland, CA (where
there is no bus service on weekends)the only pizza place that will deliver
makes pizza so horrendous that I wouldn't feed it to the dog. So either we
settle for frozen pizza, go out to our favorite pizza place in Berkeley, or
concoct a pizza using Pillsbury pizza dough which is what we did last night.

Shomeret

Jette Goldie

Jul 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/17/99

Shomeret wrote in message <19990717184235...@ng-cb1.aol.com>...

Pillsbury make pizza dough? Hmmmm - that ain't crossed the
Atlantic yet. (but I don't think it would survive the journey in my
suitcase <g>)(will be travelling home from the Cruise with a
suitcase full of saltine crackers)

Shelby

Jul 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/17/99

Jette Goldie wrote in message <7mqfhb$gi9$1...@supernews.com>...
<snip>

>Goodness no! and WAY too slow! One gets off the bus
>one stop past one's normal stop (about 100 yards) and
>one pops into one of the two chinese take away shops,
>the fish and chip shop <snip>

Jette, you're killing me. I can almost taste those chips. You just can't
get anything like that here. I lost 10 lbs when I first got to London till
I discovered the joys of chips from a shop on the way home from the tube
station. <<<longing for chips>>>
~Shelby

Kathy Morey

Jul 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/17/99
snipping a whole bunch of discussion because the exam paper got ruined when I
dived headfirst into the gutter with it.......

Naomi A. Rose wrote:

> In article <01becfd1$e09c3280$e32a1b26@jerri-lapoint>,

> "Jerri" <jerla...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> >6. Duncan in a poufy shirt ... serendipity or callous calculation?
>

> Callous calculation. TPTB weren't above milking their boy for all he was
> worth.

Okay. Did you choose that phrase on purpose, or am I just more depraved and
gutter-minded than even I suspected?

If anyone doesn't see the gutter reference, then I *am* more depraved that I
thought, and just ..... never mind!

Kathy

depiro1

Jul 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/17/99

Jette Goldie <wrote in message >

> the fish and chip shop who also sells pizza and pasta,

Lee shudders and makes no comment.

sadi...@my-deja.com

Jul 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/18/99

> Pillsbury make pizza dough? Hmmmm - that ain't crossed the
> Atlantic yet. (but I don't think it would survive the journey in my
> suitcase <g>)(will be travelling home from the Cruise with a
> suitcase full of saltine crackers)

Yea! You haven't heard? Pizza-in-a-tube, it's the newest craze! Soon to
Come: Pizza in a reddi-whip can (j/k).

~Sadie <--- makes terrible jokes, then expects them to actually be
funny :-)

Naomi A. Rose

Jul 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/18/99
In article <01becfd1$e09c3280$e32a1b26@jerri-lapoint>,
"Jerri" <jerla...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>If you can believe Vanity as a vengeful mortal out to wreak havoc on Duncan
>MacLeod for supposedly whacking her boyfriend, a fairly evil Immortal named
>Walter Reinhardt, then you are a True Believer.

I am a True Believer then. I liked Vanity in this role.

Am I past all hope? I guess so.

*snip*

>And Tessa imitating Vanity being superior
>is a real hoot.

I love that moment :-). One of Tessa's most human moments.

*snip*

>The fake duel between Rebecca Lord
>and Duncan for the benefit of Walter, is pretty entertaining ... a lot more
>entertaining than watching her stab that dummy in the heart a few dozen
>times.

Oh, I don't know. I thought she did pretty good there. When she kinda
loses it and just whacks at the clothes dummy, she really looks pissed!

>The quickening with all the pots exploding was good, but one has to
>wonder if Dunkie just left Walter, headless, out in the garden for Rebecca
>to deal with. I wonder about that, but I don't wonder hard or for very
>long.

DM did not leave Walter for Rebecca to deal with. He wouldn't let her go
out to see him (she obviously wanted to *see* the body this time, get some
real closure, but he forestalled her, mercifully). Having done that, I must
conclude he dealt with it.

However, I want to say here that this was the worst waste of "Who Wants to
Live Forever" on the show, bar none. And wrong. Rebecca was *not* worth
this song, even though I liked her character.

>The obligatory scene where Rebecca mourns that she met Walter before
>she could meet Duncan and thereby Got It All Wrong was kind of sick-making,

Okay, I'll give you this one. *That* was a little over the top. I will
say, however, that there would almost certainly be *something*, some
indefinable, strongly attracting *something*, about immies that would pull
at those who go for the "still waters run deep" kinda guys.

>but ... then you gotta figure that Duncan dodged a bullet on THAT one and
>everything's okay again.

DM was with Tessa for well over a decade. No bullet to dodge. Never woulda
happened.

>Questions:

*snip*

>Bonus Question: Would you buy a used car from Richie Ryan?

No. But I wouldn't buy a used car from a lot anyway. I actually thought
Richie made a frighteningly convincing used car salesman.

>2. Walter Reinhardt must have been a salesguy at a women's clothing store
>in order to fit that little black dress to Tessa to perfection like that.

Not necessarily. He'd obviously been scoping DM and his friends. Some
people can guess other people's size quite well. Walter struck me as that
type ;-P.

>Did Tessa tip the guy who delivered it to her?

Didn't see that she did. But she's French (ooo, now I'm gonna get in
trouble).

>3. Wouldn't Angie have made a great Immortal? Couldn't you just see her
>with a sword in her hand, laughing as she beheaded ... the sales manager on
>the used car lot?

I think I've agree with you before on this. She woulda made a great immie
and I *love* the image of her laughing as she beheads that smarmy b*stard.

>4. Had the Highlander convention of Pixie Dust been invented by the time
>Duncan left Walter in separate pieces in the garden?

Nah. He had to do some heavy grade digging to get rid of that body. But
nobody woulda been looking for Walter, after all - he was already believed
to be dead!

>5.. Hadn't TPTB learned their lesson from Joan Jett in Free Fall? Discuss.

Sorry, no comparison between Joan and Vanity. Vanity *can* kinda sorta
act. Joan can't act even kinda.

>6. Duncan in a poufy shirt ... serendipity or callous calculation?

Callous calculation. TPTB weren't above milking their boy for all he was
worth.

>7. Duncan's jeans. A fashion "DO" or a fashion "DON'T"? Could he get a

>wallet in the back pocket?

Of course, for DM, they were a "Do." This is even a question? And your
point about the wallet is...?

Naomi

Legacy 2000
Washington, D.C. May 26-29, 2000
http://www.legacycon.org

Naomi A. Rose

Jul 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/18/99
In article <379131F4...@ix.netcom.com>,
Kathy Morey <kmm...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>snipping a whole bunch of discussion because the exam paper got ruined when I
>dived headfirst into the gutter with it.......
>
>Naomi A. Rose wrote:
>

>Okay. Did you choose that phrase on purpose, or am I just more depraved and
>gutter-minded than even I suspected?
>
>If anyone doesn't see the gutter reference, then I *am* more depraved that I
>thought, and just ..... never mind!
>
>Kathy

Who, me? Just what are you insinuating?

Kish home

Jul 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/18/99
>1. Who ever bought a used car and had 'em
> deliver it to you in the dark of night, with only
> the promise of a check?

Your neighborhood chop shop dealer?

>Bonus Question: Would you buy a used car from Richie Ryan?

Richie Ryan in season one -- no. Later on -- yes. The boy does know a thing
or two about mechanics. He just needs to wise up a bit in his people
discretion.

Highlanderholic

Jerri

Jul 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/18/99
Kathy Morey <kmm...@ix.netcom.com> wrote

> snipping a whole bunch of discussion because
> the exam paper got ruined when I
> dived headfirst into the gutter with it.......

> Naomi A. Rose wrote:
> > "Jerri" <jerla...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> > > 6. Duncan in a poufy shirt ... serendipity
> > > or callous calculation?

> > Callous calculation. TPTB weren't above milking
> > their boy for all he was worth.

> Okay. Did you choose that phrase on purpose,
> or am I just more depraved and
> gutter-minded than even I suspected?
> If anyone doesn't see the gutter reference, then
> I *am* more depraved that I
> thought, and just ..... never mind!

Kathy, I didn't catch the gutter reference until you brought it up ... but
you did and there's nothing for it. As for Naomi's intentions, I can't say,
but it was a pretty neat little dive into the gutter. <G> I give it a 5.75.
By the way, the philosopher <which philosopher I don't know> said Know
Thyself. In your case, Kathy ... "depraved and gutter-minded" spells it out
pretty well. <G>
Jerri

Philippa Chapman

Jul 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/18/99
On Sat, 17 Jul 1999 17:01:04 -0400, "Shelby" <blue...@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>Jette Goldie wrote in message <7mqfhb$gi9$1...@supernews.com>...
><snip>
>>Goodness no! and WAY too slow! One gets off the bus
>>one stop past one's normal stop (about 100 yards) and
>>one pops into one of the two chinese take away shops,

>>the fish and chip shop <snip>

Or one strolls from one's house about 2 to 5 minutes to the local chippys,
the Indian (curry), the Chinese or the Italian (who I THINK do takeaway!)

>Jette, you're killing me. I can almost taste those chips. You just can't
>get anything like that here. I lost 10 lbs when I first got to London till
>I discovered the joys of chips from a shop on the way home from the tube
>station. <<<longing for chips>>>

You HAVE to eat fish and chips right out of the paper! It improves the
flavour!

Philippa

|Philippa Chapman <phil...@dapc.globalnet.co.uk> |
| |

| HISTORICON 2001 : Setting the |
| Standards for the Next Millennium |
|http://home.freeuk.com/bosslady/historicon-1.html |
|http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/historicon |

Kathy Morey

Jul 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/18/99
Naomi A. Rose wrote:

> In article <379131F4...@ix.netcom.com>,

> Kathy Morey <kmm...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
> >snipping a whole bunch of discussion because the exam paper got ruined when I
> >dived headfirst into the gutter with it.......
> >
> >Naomi A. Rose wrote:

> >> Callous calculation. TPTB weren't above milking their boy for all he was
> >> worth.
> >
> >Okay. Did you choose that phrase on purpose, or am I just more depraved and
> >gutter-minded than even I suspected?
> >
> >If anyone doesn't see the gutter reference, then I *am* more depraved that I
> >thought, and just ..... never mind!
> >

> >Kathy
>
> Who, me? Just what are you insinuating?

Insinuating? Me? Never!

Hoping I'm not down here in the depths of the gutter by myself? Yep.

Kathy

Kathy Morey

Jul 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/18/99
Jerri wrote:

> Kathy Morey <kmm...@ix.netcom.com> wrote
>
> > snipping a whole bunch of discussion because
> > the exam paper got ruined when I
> > dived headfirst into the gutter with it.......
>
> > Naomi A. Rose wrote:

> > > Callous calculation. TPTB weren't above milking
> > > their boy for all he was worth.
>
> > Okay. Did you choose that phrase on purpose,
> > or am I just more depraved and
> > gutter-minded than even I suspected?
> > If anyone doesn't see the gutter reference, then
> > I *am* more depraved that I
> > thought, and just ..... never mind!
>

> Kathy, I didn't catch the gutter reference until you brought it up ... but
> you did and there's nothing for it. As for Naomi's intentions, I can't say,
> but it was a pretty neat little dive into the gutter. <G> I give it a 5.75.
> By the way, the philosopher <which philosopher I don't know> said Know
> Thyself. In your case, Kathy ... "depraved and gutter-minded" spells it out
> pretty well. <G>
> Jerri

::sigh:: Yeah. As much as I manage to control it most of the time....

Kathy

Chris Hall

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
In some fan fiction somwhere I read an excellent explanation of how those
bodies are disposed of. It seems that DM always carries extra large Hefty
bags in his cartrunk so that he can bag the body and then dispose of it
later when not so many people are about.

Jerri <jerla...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> Trillseekr <trill...@aol.comsnlybs> wrote
> >"Jerri" <jerla...@earthlink.net> writes:
>

> > > The quickening with all the pots exploding was good,
> > > but one has to wonder if Dunkie just left Walter,
> > > headless, out in the garden for Rebecca to deal with.
> > > I wonder about that, but I don't wonder hard or for very long.
>

> Legacy 2000
> Washington, D.C.

Jerri

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
Chris Hall <chri...@home.com> wrote

> In some fan fiction somwhere I read an excellent
> explanation of how those bodies are disposed of.
> It seems that DM always carries extra large Hefty
> bags in his cartrunk so that he can bag the body
> and then dispose of it
> later when not so many people are about.

Show me the Hefty bag that can support 180 lbs of dead Immortal without
tearing open or leaking severely, and I'll show you the Hefty bag that
ain't on the market. The things won't even hold a couple days worth of
garbage without leaking all over the place.
Nope. It's pixie dust. No need to carry around the bodies. Just a sprinkle
and a few hours later, no dead body. Duncan didn't have a chance to
sprinkle Slan Quince's body with pixie dust, 'cause he had to jump off the
bridge to locate Connor. That's why the cops found Quince's decapitated
corpse.
Jerri <proponent of the pixie dust convention>

TBird

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
::::: TBird comes skidding into the classroom, twigs in her hair, pebbles in
her shoes, smelling like a campfire, and a little hungover from having 2 drinks
every night just 'cos it's vacation and there were other responsible adults
available to help watch the kids :::::::

Oops.... am I too late?

<jerla...@earthlink.net> writes:

Now wait - how the heck many email addies do you have, woman??? <actually, I
don't care, I'm just a little amazed to see yet another one...>

>Questions:

>1. Who ever bought a used car and had 'em deliver it to you in the dark of

>night, with only the promise of a check? Whatever happened to signing 14
>separate pieces of paper and waiting while the salesguy talked to the
>manager 6 times to okay different parts of the deal?

Not me. I had a dealership take my car for two days to install the cruise
control that they promised I could have, only to find out that you can't have
cruise control *and* turbo in a Plymouth Colt because it will randomly
accelerate on the highway. And I found out that if you go into the showroom
and yell at the owner of said dealership about this "mishap" they will try to
shove you into a back office and start writing checks to make you shut up
because they already sold the car you loved and traded in for this hunk of
garbage that doesn't even have airconditioning. <what was the question?>

>Bonus Question: Would you buy a used car from Richie Ryan?

<sigh> no.

>2. Walter Reinhardt must have been a salesguy at a women's clothing store
>in order to fit that little black dress to Tessa to perfection like that.

>Did Tessa tip the guy who delivered it to her?

Yes. <She's a classy lady>

>3. Wouldn't Angie have made a great Immortal?

I answered this one last time.

> Couldn't you just see her
>with a sword in her hand, laughing as she beheaded ... the sales manager on
>the used car lot?

Hmmmm..... only because he'd be standing like a deer in headlights at the shock
of such a sight.

>4. Had the Highlander convention of Pixie Dust been invented by the time
>Duncan left Walter in separate pieces in the garden?

Sorry ... I have no clue what you are asking...please clarify.

>5.. Hadn't TPTB learned their lesson from Joan Jett in Free Fall? Discuss.

I thought the Japanese backers of S1 wanted rock stars in as many eps as
possible. <That's the justification I heard for Joan Jett, Irish chick,
Vanity.... etc...>

>6. Duncan in a poufy shirt ... serendipity or callous calculation?

>7. Duncan's jeans. A fashion "DO" or a fashion "DON'T"? Could he get a
>wallet in the back pocket?

Now I have to go back and watch this again.....

TBird <----- looking over someones shoulders for the notes I missed......
~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"It's a Cruel, Crazy, Beautiful World,
Every day you wake up I hope it's under a blue sky.."
- Johnny Clegg and Savuka

TBird

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
<bosslad...@my-deja.com> writes:

>Does one tip delivery people? One does not tip one's
>postperson for doing his/her proper job. (except at Xmas)
>(just not DONE, dahling - bad form, what?)

Well, UPS, no.
But a private delivery guy, yes.

TBird <----- guessing

TBird

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
In article <mARj3.706$bV6....@dfiatx1-snr1.gtei.net>, "Ann Hall"
<ach...@gte.net> writes:

>Wasn't this the episode where Tessa asks DM which part of his 400 year old
>anatomy was telling him that Rebecca Lord didn't have anything to do with
>Reinhardt's disappearance? I enjoyed that!

Ann, do you have any idea how hard it is to laugh and sneeze at the same time?

TBird <----- nearly snapped something reading this post

TBird

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
In article <37906C...@worldnet.att.net>, Robert Schechter
<robert-s...@worldnet.att.net> writes:

>One tips the skycaps outside the airport door if one wants
>> one's own personal luggage to arrive at one's destination on the same
>> flight.
>
>I have never lost a bag since the day I decided that $5 a bag was just
>about right. Coincidence?

YIKES!!!

TBird <---- flies standby with carryon luggage only

TBird

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
In article <7moppq$1cc$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, byr...@my-deja.com writes:

>Oops. I forgot. Another plus in this episode (besides the poufy shirt
>and the walletless pants) was getting to hear Duncan say my name
>numerous times.
>
>LadyReb <yes, it's pathetic, but I told you I really wasn't that picky>

ROTFLOL.........

Now if he'd just talk about the Thunderbird a bit more....

TBird <----- easy

TBird

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
In article <19990717081730...@ngol08.aol.com>,
trill...@aol.comsnlybs (Trillseekr) writes:

>>Well, that's one way of getting pizza ... actually I go to an Italian
>>restaurant if I want fettucini al fredo (heart attack on a plate) and good
>>Italian bread to soak with extra virgin olive oil and freshly grated cheese
>>... and one tips one's waiter if (and only if) he is still breathing at the
>>end of the meal.
>
>LOL!!! "Heart attack on a plate"? I eat it all the time and my
>cholesterol's
>not bad...must be the occasional aspirin and exercise.

PHEW!!!

Me too, Trilly. I have great cholesterol - lots of the good stuff, and not so
much bad.

TBird <----- had fettucini alfredo tonight for dinner.

TBird

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
In article <01bed058$8b27e6a0$6c2a1b26@jerri-lapoint>, "Jerri"
<jerla...@earthlink.net> writes:

>Duncan obviously doesn't want Rebecca to see Walter's decapitated
>condition; however, it's not stated how she'll avoid seeing him if she just
>takes a walk in the garden one day. So he may have buried him, but when
>he's talking to Rebecca later, he doesn't look like a fella who just dug in
>the dirt and buried a guy. Maybe he makes Richie bury him later on.

ROTFLMAO ... as for Richie - I just can't see this. The kid had to quit his
life of crime 'cos he just didn't have the knack of sneaking around. I highly
doubt DM would send him back to bury a decapitated body. DM was pretty sick of
bailing RR out and making excuses for him by then....

>Richie could start an exciting new career as a gravedigger / Immortal
>funeral director

Oh godohgod ohgod...too funny....

TBird <---- poor richie....

TBird

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
In article <Vjvk3.1405$Sx4....@news.rdc1.fl.home.com>, "Chris Hall"
<chri...@home.com> writes:

>In some fan fiction somwhere I read an excellent explanation of how those
>bodies are disposed of. It seems that DM always carries extra large Hefty
>bags in his cartrunk so that he can bag the body and then dispose of it
>later when not so many people are about.
>

>Ann

That's an excellent explanation? <g> Are you sure it wasn't a xover fanfic
with The Godfather? <giggle>

TBird <---- thinks that's too tacky for DM....

Mr. Mom

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
"Jerri" <jerla...@earthlink.net> uttered the following:

>If you can believe Vanity as a vengeful mortal out to wreak havoc on Duncan
>MacLeod for supposedly whacking her boyfriend, a fairly evil Immortal named
>Walter Reinhardt, then you are a True Believer.

True Believer chiming in. (Even tho she was a better Crack Ho' in that
forgettable "Action Jackson" flic a few years back.)
She coulda beena contendah, if she hadn't Found Jesus.

>Questions:
>1. Who ever bought a used car and had 'em deliver it to you in the dark of
>night, with only the promise of a check? Whatever happened to signing 14
>separate pieces of paper and waiting while the salesguy talked to the
>manager 6 times to okay different parts of the deal?

I'm sure that the Real Deal was in the trunk.

>Bonus Question: Would you buy a used car from Richie Ryan?

Uh, no. (I guess Angie wasn't as smart as a few of us, huh?)

>2. Walter Reinhardt must have been a salesguy at a women's clothing store
>in order to fit that little black dress to Tessa to perfection like that.

Don't know about that, but it did fit her well, did it not? Hmmmm.

>Did Tessa tip the guy who delivered it to her?

I'm sure she did in the Sino-minutes.

>3. Wouldn't Angie have made a great Immortal? Couldn't you just see her

>with a sword in her hand, laughing as she beheaded ... the sales manager on
>the used car lot?

Yes and oooooh, yes!

>4. Had the Highlander convention of Pixie Dust been invented by the time
>Duncan left Walter in separate pieces in the garden?

I'm sure it did.

>5.. Hadn't TPTB learned their lesson from Joan Jett in Free Fall? Discuss.

Vanity had JJ beat by a loooong shot. In the looks department, bod
department, as well as the sword handling and acting departments. No
comparison.

>6. Duncan in a poufy shirt ... serendipity or callous calculation?

Callous calculation, no doubt.

>7. Duncan's jeans. A fashion "DO" or a fashion "DON'T"? Could he get a
>wallet in the back pocket?

Didn't/wouldn't have noticed. Now Rebecca's riding pants were a dream
to behold/be held.

Michael <Loves this ep just for the gratuitous eye candy>

Mr. Mom's little corner of The Net:
http://members.tripod.com/MJHouse
======================================
E-Mail address to discourage Spambots:
mjhouse at bellsouth dot net
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
"Where shall I begin, please your Majesty?" she asked. "Begin
at the beginning," the King said, gravely, "and go on till
you come to the end: then stop."
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Radster

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
Jerri:
<< But ... when ya get down to it ... after a long hot day down in the coal
mines, there's nothin' like dialing the Magic Number for pizza and knowin' the
pizza guy will come slogging through whatever weather is out there, and bring a
steaming hand-tossed supreme pizza to my door. Through rain, sleet, hail, 6
feet of snow, or dark of night, these guys will make their appointed rounds,
and offer you a coupon for your next order.>>

/Delurking/

Jerri, as an ex-delivery driver and current General Manager of a Pizza
Restaurant here in sunny CA, I would welcome your testimonial (and your
business) anyday!!!!!

/Re-Lurking/

------------------------------
Remove "edy.net" from E-mail address to E-Mail me........

Maggie

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99

Jerri wrote, among other things about Revenge is Sweet:

> There are some good scenes in the episode.

snip

> The fake duel between Rebecca Lord
> and Duncan for the benefit of Walter, is pretty entertaining ... a lot
more
> entertaining than watching her stab that dummy in the heart a few dozen
> times.

You know, I love Roger Bellon's music in the series. It's usually just
right. A couple times I've seen episodes dubbed in other languages that have
lost the music, and the loss is not trivial. That stabbing practice is about
the only scene I can think of where the music stood out as wrong for me. I
don't think the scene would have been quite as silly without it. The music
is just vague atmospherics with a little build-up, so I'm not quite sure why
it was so annoying - maybe it hinted at importance that the scene didn't
supply.

Maggie, assuming a critical stance

Jerri

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
Radster <radde...@aol.comedy.net> wrote
> /Delurking/
>
> Jerri, as an ex-delivery driver and current General Manager of a Pizza
> Restaurant here in sunny CA, I would welcome your testimonial (and your
> business) anyday!!!!!
>
> /Re-Lurking/

Glad you de-lurked! Welcome to the sandbox.
Jerri

Claire Maier

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
Radster (radde...@aol.comedy.net) wrote:

: Jerri:

: << But ... when ya get down to it ... after a long hot day down in the coal
: mines, there's nothin' like dialing the Magic Number for pizza and knowin' the
: pizza guy will come slogging through whatever weather is out there, and bring a
: steaming hand-tossed supreme pizza to my door. Through rain, sleet, hail, 6
: feet of snow, or dark of night, these guys will make their appointed rounds,
: and offer you a coupon for your next order.>>

: Jerri, as an ex-delivery driver and current General Manager of a Pizza

: Restaurant here in sunny CA, I would welcome your testimonial (and your
: business) anyday!!!!!

Well, it's nice to know *someone* would. Only Domino's will deliver to
where I live. Their shop is about 5 miles away. Both Pizza Hut and Papa
John's are closer, but neither of them will deliver to me. The Papa
John's is even next door to a Chinese place that will deliver to me, but
the Papa John's won't. (We're talking about 3 1/2 miles away, here. The
Pizza Hut is about the same distance.)

I always give Pizza Hut and Papa John's a Bronx cheer when I see their
ads. They claim their product is better, and they want your business.
But if they wanted more business that bad, they'd deliver to people living
less than 5 miles away!

--
Claire Maier bioa...@emory.edu CLMaier (within AOL only)

To be different is not necessarily to be ugly;
to have a different idea is not necessarily to be wrong.
The worst possible thing is for all of us to begin
to look and act and think alike.
-- Gene Roddenberry

Jana Smart

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
Personally I think it is the same part that keeps him tolerating Amanda
afr\ter all these centuries.
GUTTER WARNING !!!
See that female highlander...thread.
Blech!!! NOT EVEN for DM !!!!

TBird <sixt4...@aol.comedancing> wrote in message

> In article <mARj3.706$bV6....@dfiatx1-snr1.gtei.net>, "Ann Hall"
> <ach...@gte.net> writes:
>
> >Wasn't this the episode where Tessa asks DM which part of his 400 year
old
> >anatomy was telling him that Rebecca Lord didn't have anything to do with
> >Reinhardt's disappearance? I enjoyed that!
> >

> Ann, do you have any idea how hard it is to laugh and sneeze at the same
time?

> TBird <----- nearly snapped something reading this post

Lorna Hanrahan

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
RE: the discussion of disposing f bodies and fan fic reminded me of a
discussion I have heard but do not know if it is fan ficiton or not. It
involves a group similar to the watchers called the moppers who clean up
afer immortal battles.

Considering that some of the swords these immortals use are fairly old they
could support themselves by selling swords of dead immortals if they could
get them before the watchers do.

Lorna
back from computer he!! the whole story of this catastrophe took a page and
a half in e-mail and it was an abridged edited version.

Susan Stansfield

Jul 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/20/99

In article <379cfaa6....@news.atl.bellsouth.net>,
mjh...@bellsouth.getthenet wrote:

<<>Did Tessa tip the guy who delivered it to her?

I'm sure she did in the Sino-minutes.

Uh, Michael, I've heard of Eurominutes, but what are Sino-minutes?

Susan <confused>

Susan Stansfield

Jul 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/20/99

In article <_ZGk3.2128$L96.1...@typhoon1.austin.rr.com>, "Maggie" wrote:

<<You know, I love Roger Bellon's music in the series. It's usually just
right. A couple times I've seen episodes dubbed in other languages that have
lost the music, and the loss is not trivial. That stabbing practice is about
the only scene I can think of where the music stood out as wrong for me. I
don't think the scene would have been quite as silly without it. The music
is just vague atmospherics with a little build-up, so I'm not quite sure why
it was so annoying - maybe it hinted at importance that the scene didn't
supply.

Maggie, assuming a critical stance

Maggie, you've got my curiosity up. Now I gotta go watch that ep again just to
see that scene.

Susan <also likes Roger Bellon's music>

Susan Stansfield

Jul 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/20/99

In article <19990719005108...@ngol07.aol.com>,
sixt4...@aol.comedancing wrote:

<<I thought the Japanese backers of S1 wanted rock stars in as many eps as
possible. <That's the justification I heard for Joan Jett, Irish chick,
Vanity.... etc...>

TBird, the "Irish chick" was Sheena Easton, and she was in a Season *2* ep.

Susan <suddenly wondering where Roger Daltrey was in S2>

TBird

Jul 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/20/99
In article <19990719205647...@ngol07.aol.com>, susie...@aol.com
(Susan Stansfield) writes:

><<I thought the Japanese backers of S1 wanted rock stars in as many eps as
>possible. <That's the justification I heard for Joan Jett, Irish chick,
>Vanity.... etc...>
>>>

>TBird, the "Irish chick" was Sheena Easton, and she was in a Season *2* ep.
>
>Susan <suddenly wondering where Roger Daltrey was in S2>

Hi Susan - thanks - I have a major head cold and was blanking out on Sheena's
name. :-)

AAAAAAAHHHHHHH_CCCCHOOOOOOOOOOOO

TBird <----- snuffle snuffle moan

Mr. Mom

Jul 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/20/99
susie...@aol.com (Susan Stansfield) uttered the following:
Eurominutes, of course, are the minutes that are not present in the
US version (The Euro/Canadian version). Sinominutes are the minutes
not present in the Euro/Canadian version (Mythical Chinese version)
that are *usually* used to solve YAHIs (Yet Another Highlander
Inconsistancy).

Michael <Didn't invent it, just using it>

Mr. Mom

Jul 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/20/99
"Jerri" <jerla...@earthlink.net> uttered the following:
>7. Duncan's jeans. A fashion "DO" or a fashion "DON'T"? Could he get a
>wallet in the back pocket?

Another reason that he can't have kids?

Michael <4 outta 5 Doctors say "Let 'em breathe!">

Mr. Mom

Jul 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/20/99
bioa...@emory.edu (Claire Maier) uttered the following:

>I always give Pizza Hut and Papa John's a Bronx cheer when I see their

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a Bronx cheer is when you stick your
tongue out and go "pppppptttt", right? We call it a raspberry. Anyone
else got other names for it?

Michael <Has evidence that we are born knowing that gesture>

Jerri

Jul 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/20/99
Mr. Mom <mjh...@bellsouth.getthenet> wrote

> Eurominutes, of course, are the minutes that
> are not present in the US version (The Euro/Canadian
> version). Sinominutes are the minutes not present
> in the Euro/Canadian version (Mythical Chinese version)
> that are *usually* used to solve YAHIs (Yet Another
> Highlander Inconsistancy).

Very good explanation, Michael. Perhaps, one day, all these really
interesting concepts and conventions will be combined into an ATH
pseudo-FAQ. It's gonna be a long winter ...

Jerri

Jul 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/20/99
Mr. Mom <mjh...@bellsouth.getthenet> wrote

> "Jerri" <jerla...@earthlink.net> uttered the following:

> >7. Duncan's jeans. A fashion "DO" or a fashion "DON'T"?
> > Could he get a wallet in the back pocket?

> Another reason that he can't have kids?

Another reason he's wearing that frown most of the time? The little crease
between his eyes? That slight pout on those oh-so-sensuous lips?
Jerri <daydreaming>

Philippa Chapman

Jul 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/20/99
On 20 Jul 1999 11:50:06 GMT, "Jerri" <jerla...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>> Another reason that he can't have kids?
>
>Another reason he's wearing that frown most of the time? The little crease
>between his eyes? That slight pout on those oh-so-sensuous lips?
>Jerri <daydreaming>

Philippa <Now I've got 'Please release me, let me go' in my head and my
stomach hurts...!>

|Philippa Chapman <phil...@dapc.globalnet.co.uk> |
| |
| HISTORICON 2001 : Setting the |
| Standards for the Next Millennium |
|http://home.freeuk.com/bosslady/historicon-1.html |
|http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/historicon |

Jana Smart

Jul 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/20/99
Sorry Susan,

I just cannot see her caring THAT deeply for anyone but herself. Sure, she
has genuine affection for him and in her way, the best she's capable of,
loves him. Yes, he loves her even though she uses and manipulates him
unmercilessly. He knows and understands exactly what she's up to every
time, and STILL allows her to pull his strings. That's the one character
flaw he has that I find difficult to stomach.

Susan Stansfield <susie...@aol.com> wrote in message

> In article <3793d...@209.4.101.246>, "Jana wrote:
>
> <<Personally I think it is the same part that keeps him tolerating Amanda
> afr\ter all these centuries.
> GUTTER WARNING !!!
> See that female highlander...thread.
> Blech!!! NOT EVEN for DM !!!!
> >>

> Jana, I disagree on that one. Yes, the sex was good, but it was more than
sex
> that kept them together. They genuinely cared for each other as people.
>
> Susan <JMHO, as usual>

Susan Stansfield

Jul 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/21/99

Susan Stansfield

Jul 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/21/99

In article <37944af0....@news.atl.bellsouth.net>,
mjh...@bellsouth.getthenet wrote:

<<>Uh, Michael, I've heard of Eurominutes, but what are Sino-minutes?

>Susan <confused>

Eurominutes, of course, are the minutes that are not present in the
US version (The Euro/Canadian version). Sinominutes are the minutes
not present in the Euro/Canadian version (Mythical Chinese version)
that are *usually* used to solve YAHIs (Yet Another Highlander
Inconsistancy).

Michael <Didn't invent it, just using it>

So in other words, it's just something someone made up. ;-)

Susan <has seen many Eurominutes, but never a Sino-minute>

Stacie Willis

Jul 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/21/99
Well, here you go. Enjoy! :)

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Set/9018/sinomin.html

Stacie

Susan Stansfield wrote:

> <snip>

Mr. Mom

Jul 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/21/99
"Jerri" <jerla...@earthlink.net> uttered the following:
>Mr. Mom <mjh...@bellsouth.getthenet> wrote
>> "Jerri" <jerla...@earthlink.net> uttered the following:
>
>> >7. Duncan's jeans. A fashion "DO" or a fashion "DON'T"?
>> > Could he get a wallet in the back pocket?
>
>> Another reason that he can't have kids?
>
>Another reason he's wearing that frown most of the time? The little crease
>between his eyes?

No doubt.

>That slight pout on those oh-so-sensuous lips?

Whatever.

>Jerri <daydreaming>

Obviously.

Michael <The repercussions to the Anti-Charlie feelings, no doubt>

TBird

Jul 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/21/99
In article <37953...@209.4.101.246>, "Jana Smart" <ja...@worldnetla.net>
writes:

>I just cannot see her caring THAT deeply for anyone but herself. Sure, she
>has genuine affection for him and in her way, the best she's capable of,
>loves him. Yes, he loves her even though she uses and manipulates him
>unmercilessly. He knows and understands exactly what she's up to every
>time, and STILL allows her to pull his strings. That's the one character
>flaw he has that I find difficult to stomach.

I dunno.... I don't think she would do it if he didn't let her. He must be
getting something out of it. ANd I do believe that if Mac put his foot down
and said "This has got to stop" then Amanda would leave him out of her crap.
SHe knows he always is on to her, he always gets the truth eventually, so it
really is a mutual game, symbiotic. She gets someone to cover he back, he gets
someone to make his heart glad. And they both enjoy a good mattress mambo. I
don't think it's a character flaw, I think it's a strength. Mac isn't stupid.
If she was truly out to hurt him, he leave, or take that pretty head of hers
right off her shoulders.

JMHO

TBird <----- yup

Philippa Chapman

Jul 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/21/99
On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 21:27:20 -0500, "Jana Smart" <ja...@worldnetla.net>
wrote:

>Sorry Susan,

>I just cannot see her caring THAT deeply for anyone but herself. Sure, she
>has genuine affection for him and in her way, the best she's capable of,
>loves him. Yes, he loves her even though she uses and manipulates him
>unmercilessly. He knows and understands exactly what she's up to every
>time, and STILL allows her to pull his strings. That's the one character
>flaw he has that I find difficult to stomach.

I'm largely with you, Jana on this one. Most guys would go apes**t if
their lady abused their credit card, but Duncan just lets her get away with
it! Dumb fool! AND she sets him up with Kimmies that are after HER,
knowing DM is likely to whack them out of a sense of gallantry. You'd have
thought he'd be smart enough to realise this by now....<G>.

Philippa <I still find Amanda an intriguing character though!>

Judith Cornish

Jul 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/22/99
Jana wrote:
>I just cannot see her caring THAT deeply
> for anyone but herself. Sure, she has
> genuine affection for him and in her
> way, the best she's capable of, loves
> him. Yes, he loves her even though she
> uses and manipulates him
> unmercilessly.

I disagree that Amanda uses and manipulates Duncan mercilessly. As I see
it Amanda did use and manipulate Duncan in the past and even in the
first two eps of HL:TS she was in (Lady and the Tiger and Return of
Amanda) but what evidence is there that she continued to do that. Yes,
they pretty much fell into bed whenever they met but I don't remember
her ever holding a sword to his neck to force him to make love to her
<bg>.

She doesn't use him in Legacy (except for emotional support as any
friend would). He rescues her but she didn't ask for his help in fact
she went to great lengths to keep him out of it. He uses her in Rites of
Passage (to take Michelle off his hands) and Cross of St Antoine (to
break into Durgan's collection). She doesn't use him in Finale I&II, in
fact she's trying to make up for the times he's bailed her out in the
past. She doesn't use him in Double Eagle (unless you call just showing
up using him, I don't. I think once he got over his surprise he was glad
to see her.). In Reunion she asks a favor of him (to let Kenny stay a
while) and she does use a little sexual persuasion so maybe you could
call that a minor manipulation. In the Colonel she saves his (very cute)
butt by pressing Joe to find out where he was and breaking him out. She
certainly didn't use or manipulate him then. She does go to him for help
when she's scared in Methuselah's Gift but again, I consider that a part
of their friendship not manipulation or using. She didn't use him in
Immortal Cimoli (unless you count talking him into joining her circus
act which I think deep down he probably got a kick out of :-) ). She
didn't use him in Dramatic License (except for his credit card <g>). He
rescued her in Money No Object but she didn't ask for his help. In FUOT,
she does manipulate him because she feels like it's the only way to save
his life (so I can easily forgive her). In 2B/N2B she is put in danger
because of Duncan, she doesn't use or manipulate him.

So, the way I see it, out of the 17 eps she was in Amanda seriously
manipulated Duncan 3 times (once for what she thought was his own good).
I'm not trying to paint Amanda as a saint (lord knows she isn't) but
she's certainly not a cold hearted, manipulating bitch either. I grant
that she sometimes cajoles Duncan into doing things he wouldn't
ordinarly do but those things are usually good for him. She helps him
loosen up and have fun.

> He knows and
> understands exactly what she's up to
> every time, and STILL allows her to pull
> his strings. That's the one character flaw
> he has that I find difficult to stomach.

I don't think Duncan allowing Amanda to "pull his strings" is a
character flaw. Duncan may allow Amanda to have her way most of the time
but, IMO, he does it because he cares for her and feels responsible for
her (as he feels responsible for everyone in his 'clan'). He lets her
get away with things because her pleasure gives him pleasure. She
stimulates him (and I don't just mean in bed <g>) and pulls him out of
his rut. And, as he tells Tessa, Amanda makes him laugh. Duncan could
certainly have used more laughter in his life.

Judy

John A. Biltz

Jul 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/22/99

Philippa Chapman <phil...@dapc.globalnet.co.uk> wrote in message

> On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 21:27:20 -0500, "Jana Smart" <ja...@worldnetla.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Sorry Susan,
> >
> >I just cannot see her caring THAT deeply for anyone but herself. Sure,
she
> >has genuine affection for him and in her way, the best she's capable of,
> >loves him. Yes, he loves her even though she uses and manipulates him
> >unmercilessly. He knows and understands exactly what she's up to every

> >time, and STILL allows her to pull his strings. That's the one character
> >flaw he has that I find difficult to stomach.

Well strings are not the only things of Duncan that she pulls.

Understanding Moose

John A. Biltz

Jul 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/22/99

Suddenly Susan Stansfield <susie...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Susan <suddenly wondering where Roger Daltrey was in S2>

He was in the Kalas arc, but he was in season 1 at the end.

Sudden Moose

John A. Biltz

Jul 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/22/99

> In article <37953...@209.4.101.246>, "Jana Smart" <ja...@worldnetla.net>
> writes:
>
> >I just cannot see her caring THAT deeply for anyone but herself. Sure,
she
> >has genuine affection for him and in her way, the best she's capable of,
> >loves him. Yes, he loves her even though she uses and manipulates him
> >unmercilessly. He knows and understands exactly what she's up to every
> >time, and STILL allows her to pull his strings. That's the one character
> >flaw he has that I find difficult to stomach.
>
> I dunno.... I don't think she would do it if he didn't let her. He must
be
> getting something out of it. ANd I do believe that if Mac put his foot
down
> and said "This has got to stop" then Amanda would leave him out of her
crap.
> SHe knows he always is on to her, he always gets the truth eventually, so
it
> really is a mutual game, symbiotic. She gets someone to cover he back, he
gets
> someone to make his heart glad. And they both enjoy a good mattress
mambo. I
> don't think it's a character flaw, I think it's a strength. Mac isn't
stupid.
> If she was truly out to hurt him, he leave, or take that pretty head of
hers
> right off her shoulders.
>
> JMHO

I have always thought the first flash back where she sets him up with the
soldier's and steals his horse and he thinks it is funny really defines
their relationship. Sure it is dangerous and expensive but so is sky
diving. I think with Amanda there is not really many men capable of keeping
up with her much less beating her. So they are a challenge and a pleasure
for each other. I am not so sure Mac would even be interested in her if she
was not so much trouble, he seems drawn to damsels in distress. For sure she
would get bored with him otherwise.

Relationship Moose

Jana Smart

Jul 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/22/99

John A. Biltz <bilt...@cyberhighway.net> wrote in message

> Philippa Chapman <phil...@dapc.globalnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> > On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 21:27:20 -0500, "Jana Smart" <ja...@worldnetla.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Sorry Susan,
> > >
> > >I just cannot see her caring THAT deeply for anyone but herself. Sure,
> she
> > >has genuine affection for him and in her way, the best she's capable
of,
> > >loves him. Yes, he loves her even though she uses and manipulates him
> > >unmercilessly. He knows and understands exactly what she's up to every
> > >time, and STILL allows her to pull his strings. That's the one
character
> > >flaw he has that I find difficult to stomach.
> >
> Well strings are not the only things of Duncan that she pulls.
>
> Understanding Moose

And FURTHERMORE, he seems to LIKE it!

John A. Biltz

Jul 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/22/99
Martin Kemp? Was he the loony tunes ex British SAS commando? Season 1,
Roland Gift was season 1 as well, Darius was still alive.

Rock and Roll Moose

JunkyJim69 <junky...@aol.commontrash> wrote in message
> TBird, with twigs still gently falling from her hair, answered:

> >I thought the Japanese backers of S1 wanted rock stars in as many eps as
> >possible. <That's the justification I heard for Joan Jett, Irish chick,
> >Vanity.... etc...>
>

> ARRGH!
> Now I have to go to the website to search which season Roland Gift made
his
> first appearance in, and when we saw the looney tunes Martin Kemp.
> Not to doubt you, TBird, just to look for some future argume.....er,
topics.
> <g>
> JunkyJim

JunkyJim69

Jul 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/23/99

TBird

Jul 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/23/99
In article <7n89n5$i0p$2...@news.cyberhighway.net>, "John A. Biltz"
<bilt...@cyberhighway.net> writes:

>Well strings are not the only things of Duncan that she pulls.
>
>Understanding Moose

Why John....welcome home. And whatever are you talking about????

TBird <----- trying to look innocent and naive

TBird

Jul 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/23/99
In article <19990722213343...@ng-fq1.aol.com>,
junky...@aol.commontrash (JunkyJim69) writes:

Challenge away. I'm just spreading rumours I read somewhere. Maybe (probably)
right here. I think Roland Gift starts in S1...and Avenging Angel is
definately S1. S2 is conveniently here on my desk from answering an IM
question yesterday (you know who you are, you lurker, you) and.....S2 has Gift
in Unholy Alliance as his first appearance of the season, so he must have shown
up first in the series S1.

There... I did your homework for you. :-)

TBird <----- got the twigs out of my hair, now if I could just get this GUNK
out of my head..... accchhhoooo!

JunkyJim69

Jul 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/23/99
Yesterday I wrote:
>>Now I have to go to the website to search which season Roland Gift made his
>>first appearance in, and when we saw the looney tunes Martin Kemp.

John Blitz & TBird, thanks to both of you for saving me all that clicking.
Believe me, I appreciate it. OK....season 1 it is.

>TBird <----- got the twigs out of my hair, now if I could just get this GUNK
>out of my head..... accchhhoooo!

BTW......WD40 works wonders on anything, even hair!
JunkyJim

Claire Maier

Jul 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/23/99
Yes, the Japanese backers in season 1 wanted lots of rock stars. And
then they didn't back HL any more after that because there weren't
*enough* rock stars.

The only rock star who first appeared after season 1 was Sheena Easton, in
the season 2 episode "Eye for an Eye."

But in season one we have:

Joan Jett (Free Fall)
Vanity (Revenge is Sweet)
Roland Gift (For Tomorrow We Die)
Dee Dee Bridgewater (The Beast Below)
Martin Kemp (Avenging Angel)
Roger Daltrey (The Hunters)

(I think that's all of them.)

Roland Gift and Roger Daltrey reprised their roles in later seasons.

--
Claire Maier bioa...@emory.edu CLMaier (within AOL only)

To be different is not necessarily to be ugly;
to have a different idea is not necessarily to be wrong.
The worst possible thing is for all of us to begin
to look and act and think alike.
-- Gene Roddenberry

Claire Maier

Jul 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/23/99
: wrote:

: >I just cannot see her caring THAT deeply for anyone but herself. Sure, she

: >has genuine affection for him and in her way, the best she's capable of,
: >loves him. Yes, he loves her even though she uses and manipulates him
: >unmercilessly. He knows and understands exactly what she's up to every
: >time, and STILL allows her to pull his strings. That's the one character
: >flaw he has that I find difficult to stomach.

: I'm largely with you, Jana on this one. Most guys would go apes**t if
: their lady abused their credit card, but Duncan just lets her get away with
: it! Dumb fool! AND she sets him up with Kimmies that are after HER,

: knowing DM is likely to whack them out of a sense of gallantry. You'd have
: thought he'd be smart enough to realise this by now....<G>.

Duncan is smart enough to realize it. And the reason he lets her do this
to him is because he likes it, deep down. I think Amanda appeals to his
inner naughty boy. With Amanda, he can get into things and do things that
he is too straight laced to get into or do on his own behalf. As the
conversation went in Finale part 2 (twice!), Duncan says something like,
"Why do I let you get me into this?" And Amanda replies, "Because you
love it!" She's right.

Duncan called Amanda a "bad habit" in "The Lady and the Tiger." And like
any bad habit, it's something that maybe logically you shouldn't do, but
actually enjoy doing too much to give it up.

Michael J. House Sr.

Jul 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/23/99
It wasn't exactly rock, but we had whats-his-face (I always forget his
name.)
from The Fine Young Cannibals that played Xavier St. Cloud.

Claire Maier wrote:

> Yes, the Japanese backers in season 1 wanted lots of rock stars. And
> then they didn't back HL any more after that because there weren't
> *enough* rock stars.
>
> The only rock star who first appeared after season 1 was Sheena Easton, in
> the season 2 episode "Eye for an Eye."
>
> But in season one we have:
>
> Joan Jett (Free Fall)
> Vanity (Revenge is Sweet)
> Roland Gift (For Tomorrow We Die)
> Dee Dee Bridgewater (The Beast Below)
> Martin Kemp (Avenging Angel)
> Roger Daltrey (The Hunters)
>
> (I think that's all of them.)
>
> Roland Gift and Roger Daltrey reprised their roles in later seasons.

M.O.D

Jul 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/23/99

> Martin Kemp? Was he the loony tunes ex British SAS commando? Season 1,
> Roland Gift was season 1 as well, Darius was still alive.
>
> Rock and Roll Moose
>
> JunkyJim69 <junky...@aol.commontrash> wrote in message

> > TBird, with twigs still gently falling from her hair, answered:
> >
> > >I thought the Japanese backers of S1 wanted rock stars in as many eps
as
> > >possible. <That's the justification I heard for Joan Jett, Irish
chick,
> > >Vanity.... etc...>
> >

> > ARRGH!

> > Now I have to go to the website to search which season Roland Gift made
> his
> > first appearance in, and when we saw the looney tunes Martin Kemp.

> > Not to doubt you, TBird, just to look for some future argume.....er,
> topics.
> > <g>
> > JunkyJim

Yes. Martin Kemp was Alfred Cahill. However, ::pedant alert:: the phrase
"looney tunes" always summons images of Bugs Bunny and Porky Pig. Could
anyone see Cahill as Elmer Fudd? <g>

Cahill was *deep breath* An man driven insane by his experiences in the SAS,
and his seeming supernatural resurrection. Furthermore, he had delusions of
grandeur, was obsessed with the Templars, and was, in short, a complete and
utter psycho....IMO.. "Looney tunes" doesn't cover it <g>

Oh, and could you see DM say; "That's all folks" post beheading? I
couldn't..<eg>

MOD <Oh he called DM Satan as well>
<DM in goat leggings...ROTFLMAO>
--
MOD "Nuns. No sense of humour.." -The Kurgan.
Graduate of the Institute of Gutter Studies (BGs)

Jette Goldie

Jul 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/23/99

Michael J. House Sr. wrote in message
<37989A57...@bellsouth.getthenet>...

>It wasn't exactly rock, but we had whats-his-face (I always forget his
>name.)
>from The Fine Young Cannibals that played Xavier St. Cloud.

Roland Gift - Claire mentioned him.

Jette

Shomeret

Jul 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/23/99
Re DM as Satan--MOD, Alfred Cahill isn't the only one who said so. Larca and
his group of apprentice immies were calling DM Satan too in Little Tin God.

Shomeret

M.O.D

Jul 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/23/99

Yes I thought of that, after I sent it. Hey...Do you think TPTB are trying
to tell us something? <vbeg> ::Ducking and running from all the DM fans::

MOD <Death wish? Moi?>

--
MOD "Nuns. No sense of humour.." -The Kurgan.
Graduate of the Institute of Gutter Studies (BGs)
'Just lure him outside and take his head..problem solved' - Methos

Shomeret <shom...@aol.com> wrote in message

Mr. Mom

Jul 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/24/99
"Jette Goldie" <jette....@u.genie.co.uk> uttered the following:

>Michael J. House Sr. wrote in message
><37989A57...@bellsouth.getthenet>...
>>It wasn't exactly rock, but we had whats-his-face (I always forget his
>>name.)
>>from The Fine Young Cannibals that played Xavier St. Cloud.
>>

>Roland Gift - Claire mentioned him.

{Doin' the Homer Simpson "DOH!" and slappin' forehead}
Sorry Claire.
Thanks Jette.
On a rock-n-roll flavored kinda thang, wouldn't Rowdy Roddy Piper be
put into that catagory? (Galen-"Epitaph for Tommy")
He is/was a "Professional" 'Rassler (wrestler).

Michael <Used to be a 'Rasslin' fan back in the day>

Susan Stansfield

Jul 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/24/99

Sudden Moose>>

Actually, John, I know all that. What I meant was, why not a Fitz ep in season
2? BTW, like the "Suddenly Susan" stuff, though I've seen very little of the
show. ;-)

Susan --- loves Fitz

Susan Stansfield

Jul 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/24/99

In article <19990722213343...@ng-fq1.aol.com>,
junky...@aol.commontrash wrote:

<<ARRGH!
Now I have to go to the website to search which season Roland Gift made his
first appearance in, and when we saw the looney tunes Martin Kemp.
Not to doubt you, TBird, just to look for some future argume.....er, topics.
<g>
JunkyJim>>

No need to go to the website, Jim; I've got the answer. Roland gift first
appeared in the first season ep, "For Tomorrow We Die". Martin Kemp also
appeared in S1, in "Avenging Angel".

Susan --- has the feeling Jim will have found the answer on the website before
he reads this

Susan Stansfield

Jul 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/24/99

In article <37989...@news.netdirect.net.uk>, "M.O.D" wrote:

<<Oh, and could you see DM say; "That's all folks" post beheading? I
couldn't..<eg>

No, but Adrian says it at the end of the first blooper reel. ;-)

Susan --- has both blooper reels

Susan Stansfield

Jul 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/24/99

In article <7n9uri$rfk$1...@jet.cc.emory.edu>, bioa...@emory.edu wrote:

[...]

I know who all those rock stars are, except for Martin Kemp. I know he played
Alfred Cahill, but who is he as a rock star? Anyone know what band he was in?

Susan

Jette Goldie

Jul 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/24/99

Susan Stansfield wrote in

>I know who all those rock stars are, except for Martin Kemp. I know he
played
>Alfred Cahill, but who is he as a rock star? Anyone know what band he was
in?

??????????????? <g>

Spandau Ballet

(now I feel my age!!)(she doesn't know who Martin Kemp
is/was!!)

Fardreemer

Jul 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/25/99
Jette said:>(now I feel my age!!)(she doesn't know who Martin Kemp
>is/was!!)

How'd ya like to feel *my* age? I heard of Joan Jett and Vanity because of my
kids. The only one I knew on my own is the wonderful Mr. Daltrey.

Fardreemer--<goin' to get the Geritol>

Claire Maier

Jul 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/25/99
Mr. Mom (mjh...@bellsouth.getthenet) wrote:
: On a rock-n-roll flavored kinda thang, wouldn't Rowdy Roddy Piper be

: put into that catagory? (Galen-"Epitaph for Tommy")
: He is/was a "Professional" 'Rassler (wrestler).

Unless he sang during his bouts, no.

Trillseekr

Jul 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/26/99
<cm...@Spambots.should.play.the.Game.earthling.net> writes:

>Oh, and could you see DM say; "That's all folks" post beheading? I
>couldn't..<eg>

He did in the first blooper reel, so...yeah I could! <g>

Trilly-creature of contradictions

Susan Stansfield

Jul 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/26/99

In article <19990724214721...@ng-cb1.aol.com>, fardr...@aol.com
wrote:

<<How'd ya like to feel *my* age? I heard of Joan Jett and Vanity because of
my
kids. The only one I knew on my own is the wonderful Mr. Daltrey.

Fardreemer--<goin' to get the Geritol>

I gotta agree with ya about Roger Daltrey being wonderful!

Susan --- likes the who, especially Roger

Susan Stansfield

Jul 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/26/99

In article <7ndb9o$lcn$1...@supernews.com>, "Jette wrote:

<<Spandau Ballet

(now I feel my age!!)(she doesn't know who Martin Kemp
is/was!!)

Jette>>

Oh yeah, I remember Spandau Ballet. Just didn't know the names of the members
;-) . Thanks, Jette.

Susan

TBird

Jul 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/26/99
In article <19990723172933...@ng-fy1.aol.com>, shom...@aol.com
(Shomeret) writes:

>Re DM as Satan--MOD, Alfred Cahill isn't the only one who said so. Larca and
>his group of apprentice immies were calling DM Satan too in Little Tin God.

I wonder if this is part of the immie psychological warfare. I mean, we all
know DM often questions The Game and his part in it, not without a few regrets.
As must most of the "good" immies. So a tuned in k'immie might use this line
of thought to his advantage.... Does that make sense?

TBird <----- has blown her body weight out her nose at least 3 times this
week....

<aaacccchhhoooo>

M.O.D

Jul 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/27/99
> - Johnny Clegg and Savuka--

Yes, T-Bird...your brains have not exited your body via your nasal passages,
<g> It does make sense. But, thinking bout it, it would only work with those
Immies who were brought up as Christians or became them..and often kimmies
don't quite research their prey..so I guess whether that gambit would work
would be down to age of the target ::shrug::

MOD <Say, can we get a Doc Adams clone to T-Bird?>
<Methinks she needs a _house-call_>

Shomeret

Jul 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/27/99
Re getting a Doc Adams Clone to TBird--That's just what's needed here. He has
a lovely bedside manner (judging from Indiscretions) if I say so myself. One
Doc Adams Clone on the way by Express Clone Mail.

Shomeret

It is loading more messages.