Adventures in Driving - or Why I'm Not In Leeds afterall!

Jette Goldie

Jun 7, 2002, 4:54:49 PM6/7/02
So I set off this morning at 11am, everything going well. Weather
was a bit..... driech - misty, drizzle, visibility not great.

Heading south along the A1 the sun even began to burn
through the clouds, leading to a bright hazy sky, enough
to need the sun-visor.

Crossed the border into England and the rain came
DOWN!!! Bucketing down, as we say - torrents. The
sort of rain that makes you think of Noah building his
ark.

Not a problem - the road wasn't too busy so a bit of
rain never hurt anyone................

TILL THE BL**DY WINDSCREEN WIPER QUIT!!!

Of course it was the driver's side wiper. The passenger
side kept on going - throwing more water into my field
of vision.

And that was when I met the roadworks - a nice little
contra-flow system, with cones, reduced speeds
(I liked that - travelling slower made visibility slightly
better) and big trucks.

Manouvered my way through the contra-flow system
(in case you're not familiar with the term, that's where
traffic is directed from one lane of the highway onto
the other, so that two lanes of traffic, in opposite
directions, are travelling on the same side of the
road, seperated only by a line of plastic cones)
by driving slow and peering through the passenger
side of the windscreen. BIG road works - must have
been several miles long.

At last I get past them and spot a big blue P sign
for a layby. Never so glad to see one as then.
Pulled over and called the RAC. (Royal Automobile
Club - a breakdown service. I have the basic rate
of cover with them thanks to the fact that I took my
driving lessons with a driving school that is associated
with them)

May I take a moment here to say

"DEITY(of your choice) BLESS MOBILE (cell) PHONES!!!"

Apparently there were a lot of call outs today, for one
reason or another, so I had to wait a while. In the rain,
in the car, in a layby on the side of the road in the middle
of nowhere, with trucks whizzing past so fast (even in
the rain and mist) that the wind of their passing buffeted
the car (and the Bluebird is not a light car). It was cold,
I could only pick up one radio station in that area - a local
English station, who were......um........ overly jubilant...
about the score in the England v Argentina match
a short while before. I'm sure you won't mind if I say
here - I hope Nigeria beat England in the next match <g>
(I didn't know there *were* that many "England in the
World Cup" songs recorded!!).

Tow truck arrives, nice little mechanic tries to fix the
erring wiper.

There's an aluminium rod that connects both wipers
together, with a ball and socket joint at each end.
That's what's broken. Not fixable at the roadside, so
he tows me to his depot. He's actually a local garage
who act as agents for RAC. They don't have the part
to fix me today - they even try scrounging in the scrap
yard nearby. It's going to have to be ordered - what
to do now?

RAC will tow me and the car either home or to Leeds
(it's a one way thing) but since I only have basic cover
I'm outside the radius of either home _or_ Leeds that
is covered - I'd have to pay 200 UK pounds - and
_still_ have to get the windsceen wiper fixed. This
garage can get it fixed for me - but not till next week
at the earliest because they have to get the part.
(if they could have fixed it at the roadside, I'd have
been covered. if they could have fixed it at that
garage-depot, I'd have been covered, if I'd been
nearer either home or my destination I'd have been
covered).

So, I either leave my car there to be fixed and get a
train to Leeds or home to Edinburgh, or pay two
hundred quid to get home and still need to pay to
get it fixed. Plus the car is due for its annual MOT
(a road-worthiness test certificate) in three weeks
time anyway. I'm due to fly out to France on
Tuesday - I was going to call my garage and book
the MOT appointment for the week I got back.

I have a sudden inspiration. I ask the manager if
I can leave the car with him to be fixed AND get
its MOT and pick it up after I get back from France.
He thinks this is a good solution and promises to
do a "pre-MOT" check on it on Monday and call
me with a price for any work it needs done to bring
it to legal standard, so I know how much it will cost
before I fly out. He then also takes me to the
railway station and makes sure I get a train back
to Edinburgh safely.

So, no Leeds for me - but quite an adventure!!

--
Jette
(aka Vinyaduriel)

schatze

Jun 7, 2002, 5:12:41 PM6/7/02
Oh my! At least car and person are unscathed. Sometimes if it weren't for bad luck......

schatze --------->Never understood why people yelled *road trip* with glee~

http://members.cox.net/moosewind/1.html

"Jette Goldie" <j...@blueyonder.com.uk> wrote in message

TBird

Jun 7, 2002, 5:18:21 PM6/7/02
YIKES!

I had a friend who had his wipers go out in a snowstorm on the way to the
mountains. He tied them together and ran the rope through the car windows. He
and wifey simply pulled the wipers to and fro manually until the reached their
destination and had the wipers fixed. Still one of my favorite car mishap
images ...

TBird <---- sorry to hear of your car probs!

--
One of the Four Horsewomen of the ATH Gutter

ICQ # 63568829 AIM:MethosEnchanted
MSN Messenger ID: TBird or something

The above account does NOT accept email,
Try sixt4tbird at hotmail dot com

GHorvath

Jun 7, 2002, 5:31:09 PM6/7/02
>YIKES!
>
>I had a friend who had his wipers go out in a snowstorm on the way to the
>mountains. He tied them together and ran the rope through the car windows.
>He
>and wifey simply pulled the wipers to and fro manually until the reached
>their
>destination and had the wipers fixed. Still one of my favorite car mishap
>images ...

LOL!

Great solution -- if you have a passenger to help out.

GH
<== lone driver (can't train the dog to hold the phone or hand me my drink,
either....)

http://hometown.aol.com/webgill/index.html

schatze

Jun 7, 2002, 5:43:09 PM6/7/02
"GHorvath" <ghor...@aol.com> wrote in message

> LOL!
>
> Great solution -- if you have a passenger to help out.
>
> GH
> <== lone driver (can't train the dog to hold the phone or hand me my drink,
> either....)

Reminds me of - they call them man's best friend, but will they give you a ride to the
airport ?

schatze ---------> In a car, dog is my co-pilot~

http://members.cox.net/moosewind/1.html

GHorvath

Jun 7, 2002, 5:52:40 PM6/7/02
>schatze ---------> In a car, dog is my co-pilot~

LOL! Do they make that on a bumper sticker?

GH
<== add to shopping cart <click>

http://hometown.aol.com/webgill/index.html

Jette Goldie

Jun 7, 2002, 5:59:58 PM6/7/02

> >schatze ---------> In a car, dog is my co-pilot~
>
> LOL! Do they make that on a bumper sticker?
>
> GH
> <== add to shopping cart <click>

I know someone who *might* make such ;-)

TBird

Jun 7, 2002, 6:24:14 PM6/7/02
In article <20020607173109...@mb-ba.aol.com>, ghor...@aol.com
(GHorvath) writes:

>Great solution -- if you have a passenger to help out.

Jette's got teeth..... I've seen her shake her head ...
And hey.... maybe the ambulance would have drivin her to Leeds. ;-)

>GH
><== lone driver (can't train the dog to hold the phone or hand me my drink,
>either....)

Is there Lassie school? I'm sure Lassie could have done it!!!
Or ... or .... tie the rope to his tail and make sure he wags a lot!

TBird <---- was not eating mushrooms with Donna

Rebecca Wallace

Jun 7, 2002, 10:13:45 PM6/7/02
Glad you are OK... but I have to say, it just reaffirms why I married my
mechanic hubby!! ;)
He has had to come three times in the last 2 months to school, which is
about 45-50 min. from where we live/where he works, when my car won't start.
(Pep Boys parts warranty interpretation: year warranty= 3-5 months, lifetime
warranty= 1-1.5 years! ;) )

Becky <Pep Boys Unofficial Motto-drive it in, tow it out!> <bg>
--
"This conflict was begun on the timing and terms of others; it will end in a
way and at an hour of our choosing."

"Go forth, now, into the world, in peace.
Be of good courage, hold fast to that which is good.
Render to no one evil for evil.
Strengthen the fainthearted, support the weak,
help the afflicted, honor everyone, love and serve the Lord."
-Rev. Jane Holmes Dixon, National Prayer Service, 9-14-01

----------
In article <t49M8.4990$Vd.50...@news-text.cableinet.net>, "Jette Goldie"

HiRene23

Jun 8, 2002, 1:36:13 AM6/8/02
>I'd have to pay 200 UK pounds

>or pay two

>hundred quid to get home

I am so clueless about UK money. How much is 200 UK pounds (pds? lbs?) in
American dollars?

Are "quid" the same as pounds? I think this was all explained once on ath a
long time ago, but I'm old and I can't remember things very well.

Rene

Highlandmg

Jun 8, 2002, 1:41:49 AM6/8/02
RENE-- writes"but I'm old and I can't remember things very well."

OLD and IRRITABLE it seems

running like heck and hiding behind the first Alt member I see..

Mary

Lily A

Jun 8, 2002, 2:58:51 AM6/8/02
On 6/7/ noon 6/7/02 the official exchange rate for 1 british pound was
1.4607 US dollars.
1 quid = 1 GBP [Great Britain Pound] = One pound = 1 "L" with squiggles.
[See british site like http://www.amazon.co.uk/]

LilyA <Economist, Web Goddess, [self proclaimed, though], *A*rtist at
large.><Wrote fascinating paper for a seminar on the European exchange rate
system in the early eighties. Named it "Chronicle of A Death foretold". The
system sucked [I think that was my paper's conclusion, although I used other
more scholastic terms to describe "sucked"]!>

"HiRene23" <hire...@aol.comn> wrote in message

schatze

Jun 8, 2002, 7:41:46 AM6/8/02
"Highlandmg" <highl...@aol.com> wrote in message

I didn't say it.

schatze ---------> Gone, really so say your worst behind my back ~

http://members.cox.net/moosewind/1.html

Jette Goldie

Jun 8, 2002, 7:43:56 AM6/8/02

"Rebecca Wallace" <beck...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> Glad you are OK... but I have to say, it just reaffirms why I married my
> mechanic hubby!! ;)
> He has had to come three times in the last 2 months to school, which is
> about 45-50 min. from where we live/where he works, when my car won't
start.
> (Pep Boys parts warranty interpretation: year warranty= 3-5 months,
lifetime
> warranty= 1-1.5 years! ;) )

According to the mechanic who rescued me, there
was no reason to know that this part was going to go
before hand - it's not even something that would have
been checked for at a service or MOT - even though
working wipers is something they check for at a MOT.

One thing is for sure - I will be renewing my RAC
membership and upgrading the cover. Imagine
what would have happened if I didn't have them
available, and/or if I hadn't had a mobile phone?
Strange part of the country, nearest town or
services was 19 miles away.

Jette Goldie

Jun 8, 2002, 7:43:56 AM6/8/02

"HiRene23" <hire...@aol.comn> wrote in message
> >I'd have to pay 200 UK pounds
>
> >or pay two
> >hundred quid to get home
>
> I am so clueless about UK money. How much is 200 UK pounds (pds? lbs?) in
> American dollars?

Pounds sterling = money. 200 would be about $300.

> Are "quid" the same as pounds? I think this was all explained once on
ath a
> long time ago, but I'm old and I can't remember things very well.

Quid is slang for pound sterling. Not used for pounds
advoirpois. :-)

thesnow...@hotmail.com

Jun 8, 2002, 11:30:40 AM6/8/02
hire...@aol.comn (HiRene23) wrote in message news:<20020608013613...@mb-cg.aol.com>...

> >I'd have to pay 200 UK pounds
>
> >or pay two
> >hundred quid to get home
>
> I am so clueless about UK money. How much is 200 UK pounds (pds? lbs?) in
> American dollars?

£200 UK equals about $300 American (or 340 Euros) right now. It varies
a little either way, depending on where you make the exchange, but
that's where it's been hovering since last year.

> Are "quid" the same as pounds?

Yes. Just as "bucks" are dollars.

I think this was all explained once on ath a
> long time ago, but I'm old and I can't remember things very well.
>

> Rene

Oh, I am way to old and wise myself to touch that one.

Paula

thesnow...@hotmail.com

Jun 8, 2002, 11:45:30 AM6/8/02
Jette Goldie" <j...@blueyonder.com.uk> wrote in message news:<t49M8.4990$Vd.50...@news-text.cableinet.net>...

Ow. Sorry you didn't get to Leeds, Jette, but that was a pretty clever
solution. I'd've suggested (from previous experience) that you wait
until the sun came back out, or at least until the rain settled into a
mist and do the drive for a few mile, stop and wipe thing. But it
being northern England, that would have been pointless. Obviously,
somebody up there just didn't want you to get to Leeds. Hopefully,
they'll feel kinder about you going to Paris. The Caledonian gods are
jealous gods.

> Apparently there were a lot of call outs today, for one
> reason or another, so I had to wait a while. In the rain,
> in the car, in a layby on the side of the road in the middle
> of nowhere, with trucks whizzing past so fast (even in
> the rain and mist) that the wind of their passing buffeted
> the car (and the Bluebird is not a light car). It was cold,
> I could only pick up one radio station in that area - a local
> English station, who were......um........ overly jubilant...
> about the score in the England v Argentina match
> a short while before. I'm sure you won't mind if I say
> here - I hope Nigeria beat England in the next match <g>
> (I didn't know there *were* that many "England in the
> World Cup" songs recorded!!).

My boss refused to buy any newspapers today because she was sure
they'd be full of English gloating. There is not much joy in Mudville
(as one might call Scotland at the moment) today regarding the footie.

Paula

SUQKRT

Jun 8, 2002, 12:59:28 PM6/8/02

<j...@blueyonder.com.uk> wrote:

>So, no Leeds for me - but quite an adventure!!

Oy vey!
Suz
Iron Chef Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Chocolate heals all wounds.

SUQKRT

Jun 8, 2002, 12:59:29 PM6/8/02

In article <LWhM8.5561$qE3.41...@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, "Lily A"
<wild...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On 6/7/ noon 6/7/02 the official exchange rate for 1 british pound was
>1.4607 US dollars.
>1 quid = 1 GBP [Great Britain Pound] = One pound = 1 "L" with squiggles.
>[See british site like http://www.amazon.co.uk/]

or watch Bargain Hunt on HGTV or Antiques Roadshow UK. They show the dollar
value when they show a Brit Pound amount. It been around 1.5 per $ for quite a
while now give or take .x or so.

Jette Goldie

Jun 8, 2002, 1:01:03 PM6/8/02

<thesnow...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Jette Goldie" <j...@blueyonder.com.uk> wrote in message
>

> Ow. Sorry you didn't get to Leeds, Jette, but that was a pretty clever
> solution. I'd've suggested (from previous experience) that you wait
> until the sun came back out, or at least until the rain settled into a
> mist and do the drive for a few mile, stop and wipe thing. But it
> being northern England, that would have been pointless.

Totally pointless - I sat for two hours waiting for the
garage pick-up truck and it never let up in that time.
It was still raining when I got home at 8pm (by train).

>Obviously,
> somebody up there just didn't want you to get to Leeds. Hopefully,
> they'll feel kinder about you going to Paris. The Caledonian gods are
> jealous gods.

Actually I'm off to Nice, on the French Riviera. At least
there even if I don't get non-stop sunshine, the rain will
be warmer <g>

Susan Stansfield

Jun 8, 2002, 2:57:55 PM6/8/02
What a day! Glad you're OK, Jette.

Susan

In article <t49M8.4990$Vd.50...@news-text.cableinet.net>, "Jette Goldie"
<j...@blueyonder.com.uk> wrote:

Darth Maul's Highlander Site:
http://pub54.ezboard.com/fdarthscommunityfrm20

Rebecca Wallace

Jun 8, 2002, 5:05:26 PM6/8/02
In Virginia, we have state inspections, sounds like your MOT (some states do
not have them), and hubby has a state inspection license. I could tell some
pretty funny stories of cars/customers he has had to deal with over the
years concerning inspections. They do check the wiper blades that they will
actually *clean* the windshield (iow, the rubber is not all chewed up), and
that they function when turned on, but like you say, so many things can/do
happen to parts on vehicles that tend to "surprise" you when you least
expect it! Which is why I find being married to a mechanic *very*
convenient, at times! :) Even funnier, Buddy will get calls at work from
customers to diagnose problems over the phone (sometimes he will play around
with them and pretend he is a psychic! ;)), or come back in a week or a
month later to the shop after having one thing fixed there, and something
totally unrelated breaks, and they complain that he should have known this
other part would break or problem would happen (again, with his psychic
abilities, I guess)!

Becky

--
"This conflict was begun on the timing and terms of others; it will end in a
way and at an hour of our choosing."
-President George W. Bush, National Prayer Service, 9-14-01

"Go forth, now, into the world, in peace.
Be of good courage, hold fast to that which is good.
Render to no one evil for evil.
Strengthen the fainthearted, support the weak,
help the afflicted, honor everyone, love and serve the Lord."
-Rev. Jane Holmes Dixon, National Prayer Service, 9-14-01

----------
In article <06mM8.5587$el2.55...@news-text.cableinet.net>, "Jette Goldie"

Jette Goldie

Jun 8, 2002, 5:27:32 PM6/8/02

> In Virginia, we have state inspections, sounds like your MOT (some states
do
> not have them), and hubby has a state inspection license.

Very probably - it's an annual test of road-worthiness for
cars over a certain age. (two years old ) Tests for things
like exhaust emissions, rust on the chassis and structural
points, tyres not bald, etc. Doesn't test if the car is likely
to *break down* ...... just that it won't fall apart and kill
someone else!

>I could tell some
> pretty funny stories of cars/customers he has had to deal with over the
> years concerning inspections. They do check the wiper blades that they
will
> actually *clean* the windshield (iow, the rubber is not all chewed up),
and
> that they function when turned on, but like you say, so many things can/do
> happen to parts on vehicles that tend to "surprise" you when you least
> expect it!

Right. In this case the ball and socket joint (the mechanic
explained it "like an egg and egg cup" in case I wasn't
familiar with the term <g>) kept popping out because
the rod has a slight bend in the middle, which was why
he couldn't even turn it round to make the driver's side
wiper work (a temporary fix to get me home, or to my
destination).

>Which is why I find being married to a mechanic *very*
> convenient, at times! :) Even funnier, Buddy will get calls at work from
> customers to diagnose problems over the phone (sometimes he will play
around
> with them and pretend he is a psychic! ;)),

a good mechanic might well get an idea what it *might* be,
based on the behaviour of the car - but only what it *might*
be - and only if the person doing the describing is accurate
in what he's describing. ( oh come on - a "rattle" could be
anything! <g>)

>or come back in a week or a
> month later to the shop after having one thing fixed there, and something
> totally unrelated breaks, and they complain that he should have known this
> other part would break or problem would happen (again, with his psychic
> abilities, I guess)!

right <g>

Princess

Jun 8, 2002, 11:29:23 PM6/8/02
*runs away screaming as she starts having flashbacks*

Glad you got through it ok Jette....sorry you didn't make it to Leeds
though.

Tracey
(will never drive in Denver again)

HiRene23

Jun 9, 2002, 12:18:43 AM6/9/02
>OLD and IRRITABLE it seems
>

>running like heck and hiding behind the first Alt member I see..

Ahem.. you can run, but you can't hide.

Rene

HiRene23

Jun 9, 2002, 12:19:13 AM6/9/02
>schatze ---------> Gone, really so say your worst behind my back ~

Where's the fun in that? We'll await your return. ;)

Rene

TBird

Jun 9, 2002, 6:49:02 PM6/9/02
In article <3d02bd77$1...@news3.accesscomm.ca>, "Princess"
<princesst...@HLcancelled.hotmail.com> writes:

>*runs away screaming as she starts having flashbacks*
>
>Glad you got through it ok Jette....sorry you didn't make it to Leeds
>though.
>

>Tracey
>(will never drive in Denver again)

I remember THAT trip .... It wasn't Denvers fault! :-)

TBird <--- glad you made it safely there and eventually home ....

Patrick W. Heinske

Jun 10, 2002, 9:57:22 PM6/10/02
"Jette Goldie" j...@blueyonder.com.uk writes:

>I have a sudden inspiration. I ask the manager if
>I can leave the car with him to be fixed AND get
>its MOT and pick it up after I get back from France.
>He thinks this is a good solution and promises to
>do a "pre-MOT" check on it on Monday and call
>me with a price for any work it needs done to bring
>it to legal standard, so I know how much it will cost
>before I fly out. He then also takes me to the
>railway station and makes sure I get a train back
>to Edinburgh safely.

Yay!!!! Great thinking there!!! :-D

LZ -- Patrick W. Heinske
LZeit...@aol.NOSPAM.com
BronzeA...@aol.NOSPAM.com
ATH Resident Methos

tiber...@webtv.net

Jun 11, 2002, 7:42:14 PM6/11/02
Sorry about your trip, Jette. See, you should have gone camping with me;
it was a blast, literally.

Tiberius

Committed to life, liberty, and the pursuit of those that threaten it.

~The United States Navy

Jette Goldie on location

Jun 12, 2002, 10:11:14 AM6/12/02
tiber...@webtv.net wrote in message news:<21442-3D0...@storefull-2278.public.lawson.webtv.net>...

At least the trip to Nice worked out - despite BOTH my planes being
"returned to the stand" (Edin - London and London - Nice)and being
delayed. First time it was so they could pick up extra fuel,
anticipating being placed in "a holding pattern" at Heathrow (one of
the runways was blocked) and the second one because someone checked
luggage on and never appeared themselves, so we had to return and have
it taken off (not allowed to take off with unaccompanied luggage these
days)

It's WARM here!!

Jette

TBird

Jun 12, 2002, 11:13:55 AM6/12/02
In article <c277cbd3.02061...@posting.google.com>,

boss...@scotlandmail.com (Jette Goldie on location) writes:

>At least the trip to Nice worked out - despite BOTH my planes being
>"returned to the stand" (Edin - London and London - Nice)and being
>delayed. First time it was so they could pick up extra fuel,
>anticipating being placed in "a holding pattern" at Heathrow (one of
>the runways was blocked) and the second one because someone checked
>luggage on and never appeared themselves, so we had to return and have
>it taken off (not allowed to take off with unaccompanied luggage these
>days)

Well, at least you got to Nice. :-)
My exotic vacation of the year is going to be car camping in South Dakota.
Exotic to me ... In all the times I've driven/flown across the country, I've
never made it to the Dakotas. And part of our trip coincides with the Sturgis
motorcycle rally, which makes navigating interesting. My nearly 7 year old
opted not to join us, even though he was studying Mt. Rushmore and got all bent
out of shape that we were going without him. Honey offered to take the boys,
they declined because they want to spend the week with Daddy.

>It's WARM here!!

Warm here too. And still clear ... the wind is apparently blowing the fires
back down onto themselves now. That's a small tiny blessing, considering it's
still the biggest fire in CO history. Ack.

TBird <----- still housecleaning and it's still not making a difference ...
what... is this junk BREEDING? I have two huge industrial trash cans out there
and two big computer boxes full of trash.....

John Biltz

Jun 12, 2002, 12:51:47 PM6/12/02
Make sure you go up to see The Devils Tower since you will be in the
neighborhood. I was on my way from there to Rushmore and had to give up.
My car was having mechanical problems and I had to get from there to Ohio.
I really wanted to see it too.

Close Encounters of the Moose Kind

"TBird " <methose...@aol.comedancing> wrote in message

TBird

Jun 12, 2002, 2:02:43 PM6/12/02
In article <D_KN8.2154$bf7....@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>, "John Biltz"
<bilt...@earthlink.net> writes:

>Make sure you go up to see The Devils Tower since you will be in the
>neighborhood. I was on my way from there to Rushmore and had to give up.
>My car was having mechanical problems and I had to get from there to Ohio.
>I really wanted to see it too.
>
>Close Encounters of the Moose Kind

I am pretty sure that's on the list.
And Honey's truck is just barely a year old, so I'm sure we'll be fine.

I never really enjoyed or appreciated CEotTK. <shrug> Even with the added
footage. My fave part was the mashed potato version of Devil's Tower.

TBird <------ Honey reserved the trailer ... we're set to go ... in 6 weeks....

cdb

Jun 12, 2002, 7:31:54 PM6/12/02
I have a question to the ATH members from the US, Canada, etc. If you were
fortunate enough to vacation in Nice, would you have sought out an Internet
connect *that* quickly? <g>

Diane
just wonderin'

"Jette Goldie on location" <boss...@scotlandmail.com> wrote in message

TBird

Jun 12, 2002, 7:41:48 PM6/12/02
In article <eSQN8.3167$tw1.1...@eagle.america.net>, "cdb" <c...@sowega.net>
writes:

>I have a question to the ATH members from the US, Canada, etc. If you were
>fortunate enough to vacation in Nice, would you have sought out an Internet
>connect *that* quickly? <g>

LOL - uh ... well, only if I was traveling alone.

When I'm traveling with Honey - sorry, but you folks are pretty far from my
mind ...

TBird <------ luvs ya, but really ... not thinking about my other RL friends
either...

tiber...@webtv.net

Jun 12, 2002, 8:33:39 PM6/12/02
methose...@aol.comedancing (TBird) wrote:

>When I'm traveling with Honey - sorry,
> but you folks are pretty far from my
> mind ...

Well...I for one am offended. What may I ask could be more important
than us? What could be more stimulating or arousing that than a
conversation about Duncan, Buffy, or why immortals do or don't drown?

You'd rather be with your Honey than talk about Amanda? What is this
world coming to? I'm shattered.

Tiberius...Single

TBird

Jun 12, 2002, 9:20:22 PM6/12/02
In article <23696-3D...@storefull-2276.public.lawson.webtv.net>,
tiber...@webtv.net writes:

>methose...@aol.comedancing (TBird) wrote:
>
>>When I'm traveling with Honey - sorry,
>> but you folks are pretty far from my
>> mind ...
>
>Well...I for one am offended. What may I ask could be more important
>than us? What could be more stimulating or arousing that than a
>conversation about Duncan, Buffy, or why immortals do or don't drown?
>
>You'd rather be with your Honey than talk about Amanda? What is this
>world coming to? I'm shattered.
>
>Tiberius...Single

Honey hasn't descovered the joys of Amanda yet. He swears he won't be
impressed because he only has eyes for me.

TBird <------- we shall see ... we have about 8 eps until we get to Lady and
The Tiger

tiber...@webtv.net

Jun 12, 2002, 10:40:29 PM6/12/02
methose...@aol.comedancing (TBird) wrote:

>Honey hasn't descovered the joys of
> Amanda yet. He swears he won't be
> impressed because he only has eyes for
> me.

It sounds like you've got a keeper there. That was the perfect answer.
<g>

Tiberius

TBird

Jun 13, 2002, 8:47:55 AM6/13/02

>methose...@aol.comedancing (TBird) wrote:
>
>>Honey hasn't descovered the joys of
>> Amanda yet. He swears he won't be
>> impressed because he only has eyes for
>> me.
>
>It sounds like you've got a keeper there. That was the perfect answer.
><g>

Oh yeah ... he is definitely a keeper.
Definitely.

TBird <----- we can even cook and do chores together without getting on one
anothers nerves ...

Jette Goldie on location

Jun 13, 2002, 2:16:35 PM6/13/02
"cdb" <c...@sowega.net> wrote in message news:<eSQN8.3167$tw1.1...@eagle.america.net>...

> I have a question to the ATH members from the US, Canada, etc. If you were
> fortunate enough to vacation in Nice, would you have sought out an Internet
> connect *that* quickly? <g>
>
> Diane
> just wonderin'

Cheek!!!

and here is me, puzzling out the intracies <sp?> of a French keyboard
to speak to you people!!!

For your information, it`s night-time here and the hotel tv doesn`t
get English language programs - and I can`t afford the Casino!!!

Went to Grasse today and toured the Perfumeries - the scent of jasmine
gets into your clothes and hair and you can`t get rid of it
easily...... but no alcohol in the perfume, TBird - this is 100%
perfume.

One very French thing at the Nice airport - the "drop off" zone is
labelled "kiss and fly" zone!!!!!!

Jette (mouah! mouah! mouah!)(that`s your kisses)

Robina99

Jun 13, 2002, 5:51:50 PM6/13/02
<bilt...@earthlink.net> writes:

>Make sure you go up to see The Devils Tower since you will be in the
>neighborhood. I was on my way from there to Rushmore and had to give up.
>My car was having mechanical problems and I had to get from there to Ohio.
>I really wanted to see it too.
>
>Close Encounters of the Moose Kind

You might also want to check out Bear Butte. An old volcano in the middle of a
plain. The Native Americans consider it sacred and use it as a site for
ceramonies. There are prayer flags and offerings in the trees and a trail to
the top. very........moving....

R <----no words

Susan Stansfield

Jun 13, 2002, 9:12:53 PM6/13/02

In article <20020612140243...@mb-mj.aol.com>,
methose...@aol.comedancing (TBird ) wrote:

>I never really enjoyed or appreciated CEotTK. <shrug> Even with the added
>footage. My fave part was the mashed potato version of Devil's Tower.

Hey T, ever see the parody "Closet Cases of the Nerd Kind"? It's pretty funny.

Susan

Susan Stansfield

Jun 13, 2002, 9:12:52 PM6/13/02

<bilt...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Make sure you go up to see The Devils Tower since you will be in the
>neighborhood. I was on my way from there to Rushmore and had to give up.
>My car was having mechanical problems and I had to get from there to Ohio.
>I really wanted to see it too.

I've seen Devil's Tower a couple of times; it's pretty cool.

>Close Encounters of the Moose Kind

LOL!! This is one of your best sigs yet!