Methos - Interview with Immortal

1 view

Dawn C.

Nov 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/1/96

I write this from a lone laptop, somewhere in these great states of ours
(okay, Texas - but this is only a temporary location, believe me). :-)

I sit here with Methos, the 5000 year-old immortal (okay, not really,
but just shut up and pretend, okay).

Each night, I shall ask him one question and post his reply.

Q: Methos, what is your first name (or last)?

Methos: Well, if you ask Duncan, my first name is OHITSJUSTYOU.

Christopher Chase

Nov 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/2/96

Dawn C. (da...@bigfoot.com) wrote:

: (okay, Texas - but this is only a temporary location, believe me). :-)

Please don't diss Texas. Some of us actually take affront at that. :)

Sorry about seeming mad in my earlier posts (off subject, of course.) I
was never mad and probably could never be so.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Texas framed show. Maybe he could be on vacation.

--
Chris Chase Computer Laboratory Supervisor - ACWL/SMF
University of Texas at Austin http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~chaser

Dawn C.

Nov 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/2/96
to Christopher Chase

My philosophy is that I live here at the moment, so I'm permitted to
diss it. ;-)

Dawn C.

Nov 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/2/96

Q: Methos, do you remember much about your family?

Methos: Its been over 5000 years, I don't remember much. I think the
the stork brought me - or was it a flying dinosaur?

Q: A dinosaur? You're not THAT old, are you?
Methos: You said one question per day.

Mark A. Berger

Nov 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/2/96

In article <327B4A...@bigfoot.com> "Dawn C." <da...@bigfoot.com> writes:
>From: "Dawn C." <da...@bigfoot.com>
>Subject: Re: Methos - Interview with the Immortal
>Date: Sat, 02 Nov 1996 07:18:03 -0600

Damn. This could get old fast...

Mark A. Berger
COMMERCIAL EMAILS TO THIS ADDRESS ARE SUBJECT TO A US$250 ARCHIVAL FEE!

Dawn C.

Nov 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/2/96

Are you making a joke, or being serious. If it doesn't interest you
then "don't switch to the channel". They are all clearly marked in the
subject.

At any rate... let's take a poll:
Who likes the Methos: Interview with the immortal posts
and who doesn't?
(I've got much better things to do with my finite time if no one
likes 'em) ;-)

Jill and Mittsy

Nov 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/3/96
to cat...@ix.netcom.com

catcon wrote:

> Velia Tanner and Friends wrote:

> > In article <327BC1...@bigfoot.com> "Dawn C." <da...@bigfoot.com> writes:
> > >
> > >At any rate... let's take a poll:
> > >Who likes the Methos: Interview with the immortal posts
> > >and who doesn't?
> >
> > Dawn, I was LOL at the first one. Keep em up, please!
> >
> > --

> I would also like to add my hearty KEEP 'EM COMING. I think they're
> wonderful
> Connie :D
> --

Ditto - Keep 'em coming! See if you can find out if he ever met Elvis :)

Jill
--
Don't forget to vote Tuesday, November 5!!!

~ All that is needed for evil to succeed is ~
~ for enough good people to do nothing. ~

Walter Arnold

Nov 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/3/96

On Sat, 02 Nov 1996 07:18:03 -0600, "Dawn C." <da...@bigfoot.com>
wrote:

>Q: Methos, do you remember much about your family?
>
>Methos: Its been over 5000 years, I don't remember much. I think the
>the stork brought me - or was it a flying dinosaur?
>
>Q: A dinosaur? You're not THAT old, are you?
>Methos: You said one question per day.

Double check with him about that name "Methos". I think it's more like
"Me Thos, You Jane" (e.g. Tarzan), so ROG's real name is "Thos".
_
Walter S. Arnold * scul...@mcs.com
carving limestone, marble, and pixels
http://www.mcs.net/~sculptor/
http://www.mcs.net/~sculptor/ntfax-faq.html

Kagetora

Nov 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/3/96

In article <55f6vg$2...@geraldo.cc.utexas.edu>, cha...@uts.cc.utexas.edu (Christopher Chase) wrote:
>Dawn C. (da...@bigfoot.com) wrote:
>
>: (okay, Texas - but this is only a temporary location, believe me). :-)
>
>Please don't diss Texas. Some of us actually take affront at that. :)
>
>Sorry about seeming mad in my earlier posts (off subject, of course.) I
>was never mad and probably could never be so.
>
>I wouldn't mind seeing a Texas framed show. Maybe he could be on vacation.

I would. Everytime we get on TV, we either look like trailer-park living,
shit-kicking hillbillies or oil barons with so much money and so little morals
its insane. And they never get the accent right. Besides, you know the immie
down here would either be some Civil War vet running around screaming the
"South Shall Rise Again," an ex-gunslinger who shoots people before he lops off
their head (that's something they haven't done time and time again...), or
someone who was at the Alamo. And the Quickening would be *at* the Alamo.
Though there's always the possibility that there will be some immie running
around who takes that "Don't Mess with Texas" slogan too far...

"Power is in tearing human minds to | Jon Hickman
pieces and putting them together again | Oni Dragon -=={UDIC}==-
in forms of our own choosing." - _1984_ | Kage...@pernet.net

Dail42rt

Nov 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/3/96

In article <327ABC...@bigfoot.com>, "Dawn C." <da...@bigfoot.com>
writes:

>Q: Methos, what is your first name (or last)?
>
>Methos: Well, if you ask Duncan, my first name is OHITSJUSTYOU.

And I always thought it was NOTFUNNY...

Dail

MJordan104

Nov 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/3/96

In article <327C3F...@ix.netcom.com>, catcon <cat...@ix.netcom.com>
writes:

>Velia Tanner and Friends wrote:
>>
>> In article <327BC1...@bigfoot.com> "Dawn C." <da...@bigfoot.com>
>writes:
>> >
>> >At any rate... let's take a poll:
>> >Who likes the Methos: Interview with the immortal posts
>> >and who doesn't?
>>
>> Dawn, I was LOL at the first one. Keep em up, please!
>

>I would also like to add my hearty KEEP 'EM COMING. I think they're
>wonderful
>Connie :D

Yup. I like them too. I'd like to see more and see if he'll let you ask
two questions per night.

Monica J.

Dawn C.

Nov 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/3/96
to Dail42rt

That's Methos' middle name.

Velia Tanner and Friends

Nov 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/4/96

OGMSAAFL!!!!

(Oh God My Sides Are Aching From Laughing!!!!)

Thanks Dail. :-)

VE...@NETCOM.COM | Dark Seraph explains it all 2U
"I'm not good I'm not nice I'm just RIGHT, I'm the Witch"
- Into The Woods
"Me dream hot fluff." -- magnetic poem of the day, 4/25

MJordan104

Nov 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/4/96

writes:

>Are you making a joke, or being serious. If it doesn't interest you

>then "don't switch to the channel". They are all clearly marked in the
>subject.
>

>At any rate... let's take a poll:
>Who likes the Methos: Interview with the immortal posts
>and who doesn't?

>(I've got much better things to do with my finite time if no one
>likes 'em) ;-)

Who complained about this wonderful thread? And isn't there a "subject"
line for people to *choose* what they want to read? I certainly don't
read *every* thread on this newsgroup. Only the ones I find interesting.
If I did read all of them I'd never see daylight! If you don't like cream
in your coffee, don't put any in!! Keep 'em coming, Dawn. I like them.
:-)

Monica J.
mjord...@aol.com
================
"I've always been partial to sequined shirts." - Die Hard

July

Nov 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/4/96

Dail42rt wrote:

> In article <327ABC...@bigfoot.com>, "Dawn C." <da...@bigfoot.com>

> writes:
>
> >Q: Methos, what is your first name (or last)?
> >
> >Methos: Well, if you ask Duncan, my first name is OHITSJUSTYOU.
> >

> And I always thought it was NOTFUNNY...
>
> Dail

That's a Duncanism: Not Funny, Methos! :)

Barbara Lee

Nov 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/4/96

In article <327BC1...@bigfoot.com>, "Dawn C." <da...@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> Are you making a joke, or being serious. If it doesn't interest you
> then "don't switch to the channel". They are all clearly marked in the
> subject.
>
> At any rate... let's take a poll:
> Who likes the Methos: Interview with the immortal posts
> and who doesn't?
> (I've got much better things to do with my finite time if no one
> likes 'em) ;-)

Hmmm, to whom are you responding? I haven't seen
anybody telling you to stop.

Keep goin', lass!

--
Barb/Nimu...@aol.com (I voted for more Methos--quelle surprise! ;-)
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Meg

Nov 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/4/96

Maybe when he was younger that is how he pronounced it (with a childish
lisp?), but methinks it was originall Me-Toes. :)

Meg, imagining playing "This little piggy" with Methos

Julia Walter

Nov 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/4/96

Nyarla...@mail.utexas.edu (Nyarlathotep) wrote:

>In article <55ihds$4...@jennifer.pernet.net>, kage...@pernet.net

>(Kagetora) wrote:
>
>> >I wouldn't mind seeing a Texas framed show.

From Anne Gwin or perhaps Nyarlathotep:
>Hey, wouldn't you love to see Molly Ivins as an immie?

Absolutely!!!
Could Anne Richards be her sidekick?...

Julia
jwa...@digiworldinc.net
(a non-Texan who recognizes there is more to Texas than the Alamo,
Austin, Phil Gramm, LBJ, and Dallas: the TV show)

Hobbes

Nov 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/5/96

Nimu...@aol.com (Barbara Lee) writes:

>In article <327BC1...@bigfoot.com>, "Dawn C." <da...@bigfoot.com> wrote:

>> Are you making a joke, or being serious. If it doesn't interest you
>> then "don't switch to the channel". They are all clearly marked in the
>> subject.
>>
>> At any rate... let's take a poll:
>> Who likes the Methos: Interview with the immortal posts
>> and who doesn't?
>> (I've got much better things to do with my finite time if no one
>> likes 'em) ;-)

>Hmmm, to whom are you responding? I haven't seen
>anybody telling you to stop.

I like them, too. But I wonder, might it be more interactive if we ask
the questions and Dawn answers them ala Methos for us?

Later,

Hobbes

--

Hobbes NRA Certified Instructor, Rifle and Pistol
Dept. of Anthropology, U of I hob...@uiowa.campus.mci.net

Dawn C.

Nov 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/5/96
to Hobbes

That's not a bad idea. Fire Away! :-)

Strax

Nov 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/5/96

On Sun, 03 Nov 1996 13:25:50 -0600, Nyarla...@mail.utexas.edu
(Nyarlathotep) wrote:

>In article <55ihds$4...@jennifer.pernet.net>, kage...@pernet.net
>(Kagetora) wrote:
>

>> >I wouldn't mind seeing a Texas framed show. Maybe he could be on vacation.
>>
>> I would. Everytime we get on TV, we either look like trailer-park living,
>> shit-kicking hillbillies or oil barons with so much money and so little
>morals
>> its insane. And they never get the accent right. Besides, you know the
>immie
>> down here would either be some Civil War vet running around screaming the
>> "South Shall Rise Again," an ex-gunslinger who shoots people before he
>lops off
>> their head (that's something they haven't done time and time again...), or
>> someone who was at the Alamo. And the Quickening would be *at* the Alamo.
>> Though there's always the possibility that there will be some immie running
>> around who takes that "Don't Mess with Texas" slogan too far...
>

>ROTFLMAggieAO! Hear hear!
>
>ATRO
>originally from Bore-mont, now in Austin, by way of College Station...

>Hey, wouldn't you love to see Molly Ivins as an immie?
>

>--
>Machine shared by Anne Gwin (ag...@mail.utexas.edu) and Nyarlathotep (nyarla...@mail.utexas.edu). Sometimes we forget to change the name on the post.
>
>"ZOG!!"--The Brady Bunch Tiki

NO!!! Not Beaumont!!! The ISP I work for services Beaumont..among
other TX towns...I'm over in Monroe, LA myself:)

Strax

Dawn C.

Nov 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/5/96

I did. He said, don't tell anyone, but that's probably the way his name
started way back then... it's a blur, so he really can't remember.

Oops, guess I told. ;-)

LeBlanc

Nov 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/6/96

We once actually, purposely took a trip to Beaumont. The Texas Energy
Museum is. . . ah. . . interesting, and . . . . the hotel was ok.

Don't ask why -- it wasn't my idea. Spur of the moment kinda thing. You
know, we don't have anything to do so lets go to Beaumont.

--
I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here.

Caroline

Paige Foster

Nov 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/6/96

LeBlanc wrote:

> st...@iamerica.net (Strax) wrote:
> >On Sun, 03 Nov 1996 13:25:50 -0600, Nyarla...@mail.utexas.edu
> >(Nyarlathotep) wrote:

> >>morals
> >>immie
> >>lops off
> >>

> >>ROTFLMAggieAO! Hear hear!
> >>
> >>ATRO
> >>originally from Bore-mont, now in Austin, by way of College Station...
> >>
> >>Hey, wouldn't you love to see Molly Ivins as an immie?

Or a reporter who starts asking questions? Would she give Duncan a run for his
money, or what!!!

> >>--
> >>Machine shared by Anne Gwin (ag...@mail.utexas.edu) and Nyarlathotep (nyarla...@mail.utexas.edu). Sometimes we forget to change the name on the post.
> >>
> >>"ZOG!!"--The Brady Bunch Tiki
> >

> >NO!!! Not Beaumont!!! The ISP I work for services Beaumont..among
> >other TX towns...I'm over in Monroe, LA myself:)
> >
> >Strax
> >

> We once actually, purposely took a trip to Beaumont. The Texas Energy
> Museum is. . . ah. . . interesting, and . . . . the hotel was ok.
>
> Don't ask why -- it wasn't my idea. Spur of the moment kinda thing. You
> know, we don't have anything to do so lets go to Beaumont.
>
> --
> I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here.
>
> Caroline

Hey, I was down in Baytown, TX on business just a few weeks ago! That's right next
to Beaumont. Believe me, Galveston is much more fun if you have a few hours to kill
- unless you're one of those incomprehensible people who don't like the beach. :)

"It's a small world after alllllll....."

Paige

"Lord, what fools these mortals be!" - Puck, A Midsummer Night's Dream

CGolytlee

Nov 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/7/96

In article <3281316e...@news.digiworldinc.com>,
jwa...@globalone.net (Julia Walter) writes:

>From Anne Gwin or perhaps Nyarlathotep:

>>Hey, wouldn't you love to see Molly Ivins as an immie?
>

>Absolutely!!!
>Could Anne Richards be her sidekick?...
>
>Julia
>jwa...@digiworldinc.net
>(a non-Texan who recognizes there is more to Texas than the Alamo,
>Austin, Phil Gramm, LBJ, and Dallas: the TV show)

Oh MY GOD! Now that's the best suggestion for guest immie I've seen yet!
Anne Richards... in leather... on a Harley... with a big sword! I love
it! "All right now, sonny! I don't care what Clan you're from... you're
in my neck-o-the-woods now!"

Christine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CGol...@aol.com
"We are on a journey to keep an appointment
with who we are." --G. Roddenberry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vicki Farmer

Nov 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/7/96

article <32810F...@earthlink.net>, Paige Foster
<morr...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> LeBlanc wrote:
> >
> > st...@iamerica.net (Strax) wrote:

But the Alamo is Holy Ground!

If we want to do San Antonio, they could have the Quickening down on the
Riverwalk. Yucky, dirty water splashing up all over the place...

> Or a reporter who starts asking questions? Would she give Duncan a run for
> his money, or what!!!

What I would *really* love would be to read the column she would write
about the experience... What would Molly Ivins have to say about the
DDGG?

> > >NO!!! Not Beaumont!!! The ISP I work for services Beaumont..among
> > >other TX towns...I'm over in Monroe, LA myself:)
> > >
> > >Strax
> > >

> > We once actually, purposely took a trip to Beaumont. The Texas Energy
> > Museum is. . . ah. . . interesting, and . . . . the hotel was ok.
> >
> > Don't ask why -- it wasn't my idea. Spur of the moment kinda thing. You
> > know, we don't have anything to do so lets go to Beaumont.
> >

> > Caroline
>
> Hey, I was down in Baytown, TX on business just a few weeks ago! That's
right
> next to Beaumont. Believe me, Galveston is much more fun if you have a few
> hours to kill - unless you're one of those incomprehensible people who don't
> like the beach. :)
>
> "It's a small world after alllllll....."
>
> Paige

Well, we'll *all* have to have a big party in Austin (*sigh*) if JB and
his boys play South By Southwest next spring. Woo-hoo!!!

Vicki F.
"The past is never dead. It isn't even past."
-- William Faulkner