Family Feud Drinking Game revisited

Jason Compton

Sep 6, 2000, 1:53:33 AM9/6/00
I got inspired to compile the Family Feud drinking game that we discussed
back in April. The "project" was started by Matt Kaiser, with a number of
contributors. I've added a bunch of entries, changed the wording and/or
the "score" of some others, and dropped a few that I thought were
spurious...the object of a drinking game shouldn't necessarily be to
catalog _every single event_ that may happen on a show.

Feedback is welcome.

Family Feud Drinking Game
(Classic Richard Dawson Rules)

Sip if...

Richard shouts an answer at the top of his lungs. (He's normally loud, so
only real lungbusters qualify)
Richard calls out a "dreaded" answer ("Is it there, the dreaded peacock?")
Richard employs bastardized Espanol ("El rocking horse!")
Richard gets a t-shirt as a gift
Richard scratches his head
Richard does a Paul Lynde impersonation
Richard sings a few notes from the Dragnet theme
Richard does a W.C. Fields impersonation
A terrible answer gets a "Good Answer" from the family

1 drink if...

One team is all women
One or more of the players do a musical number
Richard threatens the audience when a joke falls flat
A female contestant consistently refuses to let Richard kiss her on the
lips (you should play this as a sort of post-Fast Money bonus drinking
round, after he's done kissing everyone. Keep track during the show.
Alternately, you can sip every time Richard doesn't get a kiss on the lips
because of an intentional dodge)
The second Fast Money speech is "Once you've stopped laughing, give me 20
seconds on the clock."
A male contestant requests a kiss from Richard
Howard Felsher is mentioned in any context
Fast Money is won on the 10th reveal
Richard knows Fast Money is about to be won, so ushers in the point value
with a cry ("BAM!", "Yabba dabba doo!", etc.), or hides with the
contestant behind the question card
Richard makes a stock German joke ("Herr Dryer", "Herr Stylist", etc.)
Richard makes a Card Sharks joke
A Fast Money player scores under 50
A team scores a clean sweep
Richard devotes most of his flirting to the oldest woman on stage
Richard does a Don Adams impersonation

2 drinks if...

Both teams are all women
One team is all men
A male contestant kisses Richard
Richard physically touches the board
Richard gets a personalized t-shirt as a gift
Richard gets a ridiculous hat as a gift (bonus: 1 more drink if he wears
it past the first commercial break)
Richard gets a "proclamation" gift (a key to a city, a "Family Feud
Day/Week" city/county/state resolution, etc.)
Richard sings the Monkees theme
Richard mentions that Cathy Hughart Dawson is producing the show instead
of Howard
Richard mentions Match Game in any context (76-78)
Richard refers to an answer by its initials ("As we call it in the
business, T.P.")
A contestant says that their answer is "dreaded" before Richard does.
Richard makes a belligerent comment about Howard's instructions (to speed
up, slow down, talk louder, etc.)
The Fast Money total is 199
The Fast Money total is under 100
Richard reveals the final Fast Money answer expecting a win, but it falls
short
Howard and Richard hug on camera
Richard brings a crew member out on stage
Richard makes a reference to a fellow game show MC
Richard insists that a Fast Money answer be accepted when it was clearly
given after the buzzer
Richard requests a very short strike buzz
A team passes on a Triple round (or the second Double round in 200 point)
Richard gives a team even more money than they won, or more than the usual
"round up to" amount after they start rounding to $100 or $250.

3 drinks if...

Richard mentions Match Game in any context (79-85)
Richard gets an extravagant gift that is clearly either hundreds of
dollars in value, or required dozens of hours to make by hand.
Howard and Richard kiss on camera (supercedes the two drinks for the hug
if they do both, unless you're so grossed out that you need them)
The game ends early and Gene Wood kills time with fake parting gift plugs
for the departing family
Richard does an Art Fleming impersonation
A round scores less than 10 points

Chug if...

Both teams are all men
The game lasts a long time (5 rounds in 200 point, 6 in 300 point, 7 in
400 point)
A technical error invalidates a round (and it doesn't get edited out of
the broadcast)
A team hits the winnings limit
One player wins Fast Money by themselves (downgrade to 2 drinks during
celeb weeks)

Drain the bottle if...

Howard Felsher hosts any portion of the show

--
Jason Compton jcom...@xnet.com

John Sergent

Sep 6, 2000, 6:29:05 AM9/6/00
Jason Compton wrote:

> Richard requests a very short strike buzz

Oh, he did that on the original too? Old jokes die hard...
--
"Just because the cat has kittens in the oven doesn't make them biscuits"

Jason Compton

Sep 6, 2000, 10:17:38 AM9/6/00
John Sergent <feu...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

: Jason Compton wrote:
:>
:> Richard requests a very short strike buzz

: Oh, he did that on the original too? Old jokes die hard...

Generally he didn't do it as a joke, but to be kind to an old lady, a
young lady, or a really frazzled lady.

--
Jason Compton jcom...@xnet.com

Your Name Here:

Sep 6, 2000, 9:29:41 PM9/6/00
Drain the bottle if...
GSN shows any Ray Combs ep.

Zach Horan

Sep 6, 2000, 9:38:34 PM9/6/00
>Drain the bottle if...
>GSN shows any Ray Combs ep.

They'll have drained ten bottles by this Friday, as the last two weeks in the
celeb FF time slot have been Combs shows.

Your Name Here:

Sep 6, 2000, 10:43:27 PM9/6/00

"Zach Horan" <zach...@aol.com> wrote in message

Okay. I honestly would have said that celeb shows were to be DQd, but I
thought they stopped airing the Combs celeb eps.

John Sergent

Sep 8, 2000, 4:19:35 AM9/8/00
Your Name Here: wrote:

> Drain the bottle if...
> GSN shows any Ray Combs ep.

A poor choice (except for one poster here) for two reasons: 1) They are
now show ing Combs Feud celebrity episodes every day, and 2) the list
stated at tbe top that it was only for the original run.