This newsgroup slamed on Extreme Gong show

david kovarik

Dec 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/3/98
The group was slamed by the announcer. You know the usual set for the
joke on the show. Host"And wha do the losers get?" Announcer"They get
to hang out with the other losers at alt.tv-gameshows.Idon't know if
this we as a group should be taken as a insult or compliment. It's an
insult to call us losers. But it also means some from GSN reads this
newsgroup.

BBrown9326

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
GSN, ARE YOU LISTENING!?!?
GET RID OF EXTREME GONG!
WE ARE NOT LOSERS!

B.J. Brown

Joemuseum

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
>It's an
>insult to call us losers. But it also means some from GSN reads this
>newsgroup.

Well, it means that GSN reads the comments of their viewers and feels
themselves superior to the people who watch their network. "Let's try to get
some ideas from those losers who watch our network."

Michael DeVore
http://members.aol.com/joemuseum

Jeremy Soria

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
Go Joemuseum Go!

>>It's an
>>insult to call us losers. But it also means some from GSN reads this
>>newsgroup.
>
>Well, it means that GSN reads the comments of their viewers and feels
>themselves superior to the people who watch their network. "Let's try to get
>some ideas from those losers who watch our network."

Exactly. I can just hear the board meetings about suggestions from the internet:

"Keep intact the end-of-show parting gifts? Nah, we need that time for more
money."

"Get a real person at Master Control to handle the commercial transitions? Nah,
that'd be more money than we can give away."

"Put Super Password and the CBS Daytime Family Feud back on the schedule? Nah,
those internet loses are stuck in the '70s."

"Cancel Extreme Gong? Nah, we're gonna keep it on for another 5 years."

I think a group of us can run Game Show Network a million times better than
those losers at Sony run it. No wonder TPiR doesn't mention Sony on their
prizes.

- Jeremy If you think Reggie White is a jackass, gimme a HELL YEAH~!

Send me your TV Guides this week! Drop me an e-mail and let's make a deal!
--
jesoria (at) | - NTRA - | THE MATCH IS BACK - MATCH GAME
earthlink (dot) net | Go Baby Go! | 12 NOON AND 2:30am ON WTVZ WB 33

Buddy, Andre, Kerry Von Erich, Eddie Gilbert, JYD, Flyin' Brian ... Sigh ...

Joemuseum

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
>Exactly. I can just hear the board meetings about suggestions from the
>internet:

I was looking over old posts mentioning "Extreme Gong"-- thinking that GSN must
have been reading them. I saw one old post that claimed that "Extreme Gong" was
taped and chose who to gong without the telephone votes. Then I remembered a
very recent Extreme Gong show that went out of its way to show a computer
monitor that tallied the results of the phone calls. I am betting this was a
response to that person's post. So... they probably read these posts and react
to improve their show. Unfortunately, some people at GSN think we are a bunch
of losers.

This is sad because later in my browsing of posts here I saw a birthday
commemoration to the Game Show Network. It reposted member's first reactions to
the Game Show Network's premiere. It was very touching.

The Game Show Network should be ashamed of what it just put on the air. And it
points to the fact that the game shows are what we love, not the apparent
jerks who now own them and decide what to do with them and feel themselves far
superior to the losers who watch them.

Michael DeVore
http://members.aol.com/joemusem
(I keep plugging this page .:))

Card Shark

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
On Thu, 3 Dec 1998 19:58:08 -0600 (CST), opi...@webtv.net (david
kovarik) wrote:

>The group was slamed by the announcer. You know the usual set for the
>joke on the show. Host"And wha do the losers get?" Announcer"They get
>to hang out with the other losers at alt.tv-gameshows.Idon't know if

>this we as a group should be taken as a insult or compliment. It's an

>insult to call us losers. But it also means some from GSN reads this
>newsgroup.

It's funny, just as I'm reading this post, I heard the words from the
horse's mouth (and I do use that term literally) on the re-broadcast.
I don't think anyone here should take that comment too seriously. When
it eventually gets knocked off the air, think how pathetic it's going
to look for the host and announcer of Extreme Gong to list their
"jobs" on any resume. Losers????? Hah, the announcer and host should
look in the mirror after they look at the bright people who perform
"acts" on that "show." Sorry to sound so negative, but I'm sure some
people will agree with me.

"Now let's open the board and get to the cards." Jim Perry on Card Sharks (1978-81)

Card Shark

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
On 4 Dec 1998 03:59:34 GMT, bbrow...@aol.comEx-Spam (BBrown9326)
wrote:

They might be listening, but don't expect them to act. After all, as
you probably know, Extreme Gong is GSN's "baby."

Rhudson765

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
>GSN, ARE YOU LISTENING!?!?
>>GET RID OF EXTREME GONG!
>>WE ARE NOT LOSERS!
>>
>>B.J. Brown
>>
>They might be listening, but don't expect them to act. After all, as
>you probably know, Extreme Gong is GSN's "baby."

Does anyone want Scott Satin's Email address?

With a little luck I might just find Scott " I have not a creative bone in my
body" Sternberg's addy as well.

PS Come on folks, I've been good! I have'nt flamed Jonathan Goodson on over
three months now. =)

Richard Hudson
Richard Hudson Autistic, 23 fan of Game shows, Babylon 5, Doctor Who , Billy
Joel, Genesis,Phil Collins , the Police, Rod Stewart, Sting, Don Henley, If you
are a cute woman with a disability from 18-25 and live in NYC or connecticut
PLEASE email me.

CA (was) in NJ

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
Joemuseum wrote:

>The Game Show Network should be ashamed of what it just put on the air. And it
>points to the fact that the game shows are what we love, not the apparent
>jerks who now own them and decide what to do with them and feel themselves far
>superior to the losers who watch them.

One can only hope that the comments were the views of a single idiot and not
of the executives. An on-air apology is definitely in order.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever
remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Stephan Mynarkiewicz

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98

Rhudson765 <rhuds...@aol.com> wrote in message
19981204023152...@ng-bw1.aol.com...

>>GSN, ARE YOU LISTENING!?!?
>>>GET RID OF EXTREME GONG!
>>>WE ARE NOT LOSERS!
>>>
>>>B.J. Brown
>>>
>>They might be listening, but don't expect them to act. After all, as
>>you probably know, Extreme Gong is GSN's "baby."
>>

>Does anyone want Scott Satin's Email address?

SSat...@aol.com

Let's not be hostile (no vulgar language!) or make fun of him (*yet*), just
let him know in a "nice" way that we heard the comment.

Chuck Donegan

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
CA (was) in NJ wrote:

> One can only hope that the comments were the views of a single idiot and not
> of the executives. An on-air apology is definitely in order.

I agree.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Kris "Xanfan" Lane

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
>>Does anyone want Scott Satin's Email address?
>SSat...@aol.com

Does it occur as a shock to anyone on the group that
this piece of crap is put on by someone named Satin?
I mean, talk about perfect, eh? :)

Kris

Ryan

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
Hello:

david kovarik wrote:

> The group was slamed by the announcer. You know the usual set for the
> joke on the show. Host"And wha do the losers get?" Announcer"They get
> to hang out with the other losers at alt.tv-gameshows.Idon't know if
> this we as a group should be taken as a insult or compliment. It's an
> insult to call us losers. But it also means some from GSN reads this
> newsgroup.

LOL, this is hilarious . . . the newsgroup got mentioned on GSN, in a
negative light perhaps, but who cares!

Do you know what this means? It means that GSN does hear peoples
comments on the board, so I wouldn't look at it in such a negative
light. So what, they called us all losers - but isn't the nature of the
gong show somewhat of a goofy setting? Hehe, don't take the compliment
so much to heart, it is just a show beginning, no one died, so don't be
upset. Another thing, I personally don't care because I don't care what
anyone thinks of me, some TV show beginning hasn't singled me out, so it
no biggy.

Anyway, if Extreme Gong does "suck", that will be left up to a majority
of the viewers. If GSN isn't getting the viewership, the show will be
cancelled, as you can't make money by not having viewers.

The thing everyone is forgetting is that there are other viewers besides
"us" out there, and there may be a large portion that really do like the
show. I mean, it's business, there were shows we loved that were
cancelled, and there's shows we hate that aren't cancelled, but live
with it, and now that you know GSN is listening to some degree, use the
board for constructive feedback - hey, if you slam the show then you
can't honestly believe they won't react in any way, I know few people
that take crap lying down.

David, your last sentence hits the nail on the head, someone from GSN is
listening, so discard the negative and look at the positive.

Ryan Mihalus

--
Remove ANTISPAM to reply!

Ryan

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98

You see though, and no offense, this is the reason why the group was
addressed in this manner, so when you keep on fueling the fire, it won't
go out! :)

Ryan

Charles Blaquiere

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
Kris "Xanfan" Lane wrote:

> >>Does anyone want Scott Satin's Email address?
>
> Does it occur as a shock to anyone on the group that
> this piece of crap is put on by someone named Satin?

<church lady> Now who could've done a thing like that... maybe...
SATIN-IN-in-in-innnn? </church lady>

Jeremy Soria

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
Go Chuck Donegan Go!

>CA (was) in NJ wrote:
>>
>> One can only hope that the comments were the views of a single idiot and not
>> of the executives. An on-air apology is definitely in order.
>
>I agree.

Actually, Sony thinks they're better than those of us that have been enjoying
game shows more than Sony themselves. You were wrong to agree, so X gets the
square.

The day when Sony apologizes to this newsgroup for that comment will be the same
day Stone Cold Steve Austin actually gives in to Mr. McMahon's demands.

Assholes.

Jeremy Soria

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
Go Ryan Go!

>LOL, this is hilarious . . . the newsgroup got mentioned on GSN, in a
>negative light perhaps, but who cares!
>
>Do you know what this means? It means that GSN does hear peoples
>comments on the board, so I wouldn't look at it in such a negative
>light.

Bullshit. If they really do listen to us...

They wouldn't air Dating Game and Newlywed Game seventeen million times a day.

They wouldn't kill the end-of-show fee plugs to air even more commercials.

They wouldn't kill ticket plugs.

They wouldn't put crap like Extreme Gong on the air.

They would actually get their minds together and put stuff from the '80s back on
the schedule, not to mention putting Password in decent time slots once again.

They would actually get a real person behind Master Control to make commercial
transitions much easier and less abrupt.

And so on. You see what I mean?

Jeremy Soria

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
Go Stephan Mynarkiewicz Go!

>>Does anyone want Scott Satin's Email address?
>>

>SSat...@aol.com
>
>Let's not be hostile (no vulgar language!) or make fun of him (*yet*), just
>let him know in a "nice" way that we heard the comment.

I think it's a little late for that. Considering he's not with a Sony address, I
think we *should* let him have it. Give him hell.

Joemuseum

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
>Bullshit. If they really do listen to us...
>
>They wouldn't air Dating Game and Newlywed Game seventeen million times a
>day.
(etc.)

They listen. They just think you are a loser. They would take an idea that they
thought would broaden the audience beyond the group of " losers" they feel now
watches.

Michael DeVore

P.S. Funny, I agreed with all the ideas you had and I don't even post here.. :)

Jekalb329

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
I cannot understand why GSN feels that we are such LOSERS! We watch the
network, we put up with their shit such as "Extreme Gong", "Richard Dawson's
Family Feud (THE SAME DAMN SHOW THREE TIMES A DAY!), we set our VCRs and/or
stay up in the wee hours of the morning to watch 25-year-old episodes of
Password, Match Game, and Tattletales, and most of all, they give us some
stuck-up bitch name Marianne Curan with her cheesy-ass crap shows. She can't
host to save her life and even she can, she is so damn annoying.

All's I am saying is for GSN to quit placing rank above us and give the viewers
what we want to see: the shows most of us grew up as a child. If GSN wants to
do original shit, FINE! REVAMP the game shows and keep them with the classic
format. I swear we "LOSERS" can name off a ton of shows we'd liked to see
revamped.

But that doesn't matter because all GSN cares about is making a quick buck. If
Sony/GSN wants to do any business with us "LOSERS" or "NERD FARMS," they need
to quit bashing us on the air. We pay their salaries, by the way, of putting
up with their crap.

If this continues, the "original" crap shows and the LOSER NERDS will all be
gone; meaning NO money for Sony/GSN. This form of business is a no-win
situation!

SHAPE UP GSN or WE ARE SHIPPING OUT and taking our beloved REAL game shows with
us.

Stephan Mynarkiewicz

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98

Jeremy Soria <jesori...@TOREPLYearthlink.net> wrote in message
366817dd...@news.earthlink.net...

>Go Chuck Donegan Go!
>
>>CA (was) in NJ wrote:
>>>
>>> One can only hope that the comments were the views of a single idiot and
not
>>> of the executives. An on-air apology is definitely in order.
>>
>>I agree.
>
>Actually, Sony thinks they're better than those of us that have been
enjoying
>game shows more than Sony themselves. You were wrong to agree, so X gets
the
>square.

And aside from that, I don't know if I'd accept the sincerity of any apology
anyway (since they'd probably figure a way to make a joke out of that too).

Another thought to ponder...if the ratings on EG were so great, why would
they even care what we thought of it?!?!?

glock...@sprynet.com

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
In article <19981204154050...@ng25.aol.com>,
jeka...@aol.com (Jekalb329) wrote:

> I cannot understand why GSN feels that we are such LOSERS!
> We watch the
> network, we put up with their shit such as "Extreme Gong", "Richard Dawson's
> Family Feud (THE SAME DAMN SHOW THREE TIMES A DAY!), we set our VCRs and/or
> stay up in the wee hours of the morning to watch 25-year-old episodes of
>Password, Match Game, and Tattletales, and most of all, they give us some
>stuck-up bitch name Marianne Curan with her cheesy-ass crap shows. She can't
>host to save her life and even she can, she is so damn annoying.
>All's I am saying is for GSN to quit placing rank above us and give the >
>viewers what we want to see: the shows most of us grew up as a child. If GSN
>wants to do original shit, FINE! REVAMP the game shows and keep them with the
>classic format. I swear we "LOSERS" can name off a ton of shows we'd liked to
>see revamped.

<rest snipped>

First of all, it's not GSN's fault. You're blaming the whole network because
of one idiot's remark. Give me a break! You claim you don't know why this
newsgroup has been called "a bunch of losers". If we keep up posts like
these, GSN will get the impression that we are nothing but a bunch of
inarticulate, whining losers who deserved everything said to them on. The
least you could do is be professional about what you say if you want GSN to
read it. And I won't even go into how I hate it when you call Marianne Curan
a "bitch". They may have already established a negative first impression on
many of us. I'm sorry, but there are some people in this newsgroup who
deserved every single word said on "Extreme Gong". Flame away.

Joemuseum

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
>I'm sorry, but there are some people in this newsgroup who
>deserved every single word said on "Extreme Gong"

They didn't say "some people."

T. Jay

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
On 4 Dec 1998 03:59:34 GMT, bbrow...@aol.comEx-Spam
(BBrown9326)
> wrote:
>
> >GSN, ARE YOU LISTENING!?!?
> >GET RID OF EXTREME GONG!
> >WE ARE NOT LOSERS!
> >
> >B.J. Brown
> >
> They might be listening, but don't expect them to act. After all, as
> you probably know, Extreme Gong is GSN's "baby."

Then GSN had better hurry and change Extreme's diaper, because IT IS FULL
OF SHIT!!!!

T. Jay

T. Jay

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
> I was looking over old posts mentioning "Extreme Gong"-- thinking that GSN must
> have been reading them. I saw one old post that claimed that "Extreme Gong" was
> taped and chose who to gong without the telephone votes. Then I remembered a
> very recent Extreme Gong show that went out of its way to show a computer
> monitor that tallied the results of the phone calls.

Then we should designate a date in which we decide that we deluge the show
with votes to gong every act. It happened before on the original Gong, it can
happen again!!

I am betting this was a
> response to that person's post. So... they probably read these posts and react
> to improve their show. Unfortunately, some people at GSN think we are a bunch
> of losers.

You know, if they add up the total winnings of all the so-called "losers" who are
on Jay Lewis' website, we'd have more money (in cash & prizes) than what
GSN as made in profits (they are still running in the red, IIRC).

Now you tell me who are the real losers??? I rest my case.

T. Jay

Randy Amasia

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
<366abf37...@allnews.nbnet.nb.ca>...

<net...@ohio.net> wrote:

>>You know, if they add up the total winnings of all the
so-called "losers" who are
>>on Jay Lewis' website, we'd have more money (in cash &
prizes) than what
>>GSN as made in profits (they are still running in the
red, IIRC).

>That would be over $1,700,000 and can be found at
>http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/8580/atgswinners.html
>
>-----
>If loving gameshows makes me a loser...then
>I'm proud to be one of the biggest losers EVER!

<Beck> I'm a loser, Scotty, so why don't you flame me!
</beck>

Randy Amasia
The limp-wristed overlord of GS-L (and ATGS!)
http://www.geocities.com/~randy_amasia/
---
Loser of over $34,000 in cash and prizes

BroFrost1

Dec 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/5/98
Hey, I even got a personal e-mail from Scott Satin himself, when I joked about
how my "warped" sense of humor wouldn't take EG, based on opinions from atgs.
Has anyone else?

Brandon

Joemuseum

Dec 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/5/98

I got one, but I'm not sure its polite to post private e-mail. Is it? I mean he
uses his powerful medium to unfairly make us look like losers... so...

Anyway. He is so hypocritical. He somewhat appologized and explained that it
was just a joke. Claimed he did it because this group is so negative against
EG. He said he didn't mean to offend me. Then I watched the show that night and
the second dis of this group appeared showing he and GSN couldn't care less.

I told him as my first reply that he might want to start a group called
alt.tv.extreme-gong if he wanted some positive opinions. I mean, that would
attract everyone. Then... after watching the second (and final for me) dissing
of this group, I sent another reply. :)

Michael DeVore
GSN thinks we're losers...
"Its not what you say that counts, it's what You Don't Say."

Jay Lewis

Dec 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/5/98

Keith Privett

Dec 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/5/98

Card Shark wrote in message <3667983f....@news.emirates.net.ae>...

>On 4 Dec 1998 03:59:34 GMT, bbrow...@aol.comEx-Spam (BBrown9326)
>wrote:
>
>>GSN, ARE YOU LISTENING!?!?
>>GET RID OF EXTREME GONG!
>>WE ARE NOT LOSERS!
>>
>>B.J. Brown wrote

>They might be listening, but don't expect them to act. After all, as
>you probably know, Extreme Gong is GSN's "baby."

Like some babies, it's loud, annoying and stinky (change that diaper, ugh)
mommy and daddy love it so much that they are blind to the fact that
everyone else in the store/on the plane wants to put a freaking pillow in
its face to SHUT IT UP!

scArA

Dec 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/6/98

>"Get a real person at Master Control to handle the commercial transitions?
Nah,
>that'd be more money than we can give away."

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that notices those Godawful transitions.

Rhudson765

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
>>On 4 Dec 1998 03:59:34 GMT, bbrow...@aol.comEx-Spam (BBrown9326)
>>wrote:
>>
>>>GSN, ARE YOU LISTENING!?!?
>>>GET RID OF EXTREME GONG!
>>>WE ARE NOT LOSERS!

>>They might be listening, but don't expect them to act. After all, as
>>you probably know, Extreme Gong is GSN's "baby."
>>
>Like some babies, it's loud, annoying and stinky (change that diaper, ugh)
>mommy and daddy love it so much that they are blind to the fact that
>everyone else in the store/on the plane wants to put a freaking pillow in
>its face to SHUT IT UP!

Oh and by the way how did the TV version Battan Death March otherwise know as
the extreme gongathon do in the ratings.

Richard Hudson

You know 8:30 would make a perfect time slot
for well, anything but but Extreme Gong.

Richard Hudson I'm an Autistic Disability Right Activist & Computer Tech
Looking For a Girlriend from 18-25 in New York or Connecticut. I Also run a
mailing list for Disabled people from
15-30.http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Resort/3613/index/htm

Rhudson765

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98

>>Does anyone want Scott Satin's Email address?
>>

>SSat...@aol.com
>
>Let's not be hostile (no vulgar language!) or make fun of him (*yet*), just
>let him know in a "nice" way that we heard the comment.

So you think we should save our spite and venom until the show acutally apes
its 13 week of hsows and quickly dies.

Richard Hudson

NO DICE!

Rhudson765

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98

>> >SSat...@aol.com
>>

>You see though, and no offense, this is the reason why the group was
>addressed in this manner, so when you keep on fueling the fire, it won't
>go out! :)
>
>Ryan

They insulted us on television. Mabye if we keep the flames goign on long
enough GSN
will finally get the hint.!

Richard hudson

Rhudson765

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98

>>>Does anyone want Scott Satin's Email address?
>>SSat...@aol.com
>

>Does it occur as a shock to anyone on the group that
>this piece of crap is put on by someone named Satin?
>I mean, talk about perfect, eh? :)
>
>Kris

Boggles the mind.

Richard Hudson

Rhudson765

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98

>Joemuseum wrote:
>
>>The Game Show Network should be ashamed of what it just put on the air. And
>it
>>points to the fact that the game shows are what we love, not the apparent
>>jerks who now own them and decide what to do with them and feel themselves
>far
>>superior to the losers who watch them.

>One can only hope that the comments were the views of a single idiot and not
>of the executives. An on-air apology is definitely in order.

Rhudson765

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
>Actually, Sony thinks they're better than those of us that have been enjoying
>game shows more than Sony themselves. You were wrong to agree, so X gets the
>square.
>
>The day when Sony apologizes to this newsgroup for that comment will be the
>same
>day Stone Cold Steve Austin actually gives in to Mr. McMahon's demands.
>
>Assholes.

Card Shark

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
On 8 Dec 1998 04:51:21 GMT, rhuds...@aol.com (Rhudson765) wrote:

>They insulted us on television. Mabye if we keep the flames goign on long
>enough GSN
>will finally get the hint.!

Don't count on it.

"Now let's open the board and get to the cards." Jim Perry on Card Sharks (1978-81)

Stephan Mynarkiewicz

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98

Card Shark <ast...@goucher.edu> wrote in message
366cc84b....@news.emirates.net.ae...

>On 8 Dec 1998 04:51:21 GMT, rhuds...@aol.com (Rhudson765) wrote:
>>
>>They insulted us on television. Mabye if we keep the flames goign on long
>>enough GSN
>>will finally get the hint.!
>
>Don't count on it.

We keep the flames going on, they'll just keep going with it--just drop it,
and get on with your lives.

T. Jay

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
Stephan Mynarkiewicz wrote:

> We keep the flames going on, they'll just keep going with it--just drop it,
> and get on with your lives.

But on the flip side, the more they keep going on it, the more the general GSN
viewer will get tired of it. What does this mean???

1) The average John/Jane Doe will change the channel. Just like if a
horrendous TV commercial is shown for the Nth time (like those Imagine TV
commercials from Mercury), people WILL change the channel.

2) Sooner or later, the brass (who currently lack the brass balls) at GSN are
finally going to say THEY are tired of it as well and tell Extreme Gongheads to
cut it out or face the inevitable consequences of cancellation sooner than they
think.

Let's face it, they are only screwing themselves. Look at it this way, the
gongheads are out in the open, and we are in the corner....

We can flip the bird, moon them, and do other obscene things to them via our
atgs....Most of the general public cannot see or hear us because we are only
hiding in the corner -- only in the sight of the Gongheads.....

But since the Gongheads are out in the open and seen by all, any retaliation
they do WILL be seen by all, and they are the ones who will get the bigger
chastizing in the long run...

Hopefully you get the idea. So in my opinion, keep the ball rolling!!! I think
nearly 99.95% of us "losers" AND atgs will be around in 1999 and beyond far
longer than Extreme Gong will be!!!

I hereby propose a joyous national atgs holiday the day Extreme Gong ceases
production of first run episodes.

I also propose that to mark that holiday, we send those Hallmark suicide cards
(if they are still available) to Mr. Satan, er......Satin when it's all over...

Just remember, HAD Mr. Satin not open his mouth up on atgs about how
"excellent" and "superior" his show was, this all wouldn't have happened.

I'm starting to wonder if Mr. Satin and Sadaam Hussein are related?? Both
seem to think that the world is against them, and they deserve to be supported
financially by all of us so they can live their lives in peace. However,
intellegent sources say otherwise -- both Satin & Hussein are in posession of
BOMBS!!!!!!!!

T. Jay

Chris Lemon

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98

>Just remember, HAD Mr. Satin not open his mouth up on atgs about how
>"excellent" and "superior" his show was, this all wouldn't have happened.

I missed this...you mean I had the chance to tell Satin to his FACE that his
show sucked mule dick? :)

Rhudson765

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98
Please send this wonderful post to SSAt...@aol.com

>Just remember, HAD Mr. Satin not open his mouth up on atgs about how
>"excellent" and "superior" his show was, this all wouldn't have happened.

DubleUD40

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98

To Rhudson:

I think all you need is a little lovin'

It's much easier to be nice than it is to be mean.

This is old news, please don't perpetuate it.

Subject: Re: This newsgroup slamed on Extreme Gong show
From: rhuds...@aol.com (Rhudson765)
Date: Tue, Dec 15, 1998 00:45 EST

Bobbogong

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98
DubleUD40: Agreed - certainly you must have better things to do with your time
- and if not, that's a REAL shame.....

RHudson: Why not just be glad that there's such a thing as a game show channel?
Did you ever really think that you would one day be able to see all the shows
that GSN has on from the 50's, 60's and '70's (many of which we never saw at
all because we weren't born yet or just never watched as a kid) every day?
Please - just be glad that a network like GSN exists, and if you don't like a
particular show that's on - THEN DON'T WATCH IT!! Do something else for that 30
minutes - and let's start some fun and interesting questions back in the
newsgroup again like it used to be.....

Robert

Card Shark

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98
On 15 Dec 1998 05:45:47 GMT, rhuds...@aol.com (Rhudson765) wrote:

This "slamming" happened two weeks ago and we're still bitching about
it?????

Stephan Mynarkiewicz

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98

Card Shark wrote in message <3677528a...@apollo.cnx.net>...

>On 15 Dec 1998 05:45:47 GMT, rhuds...@aol.com (Rhudson765) wrote:
>
>This "slamming" happened two weeks ago and we're still bitching about
>it?????

This is the last post on EG I'm going to make:

If you really thought that they truly felt that we were idiots, do you think
the people that supposedly work on the show would post here (like has been
the case for the past week or so)??? Think about it.

hatp...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2019, 9:17:14 PM6/24/19
A great episode!