Woolery Wof Question

Mark

Dec 10, 2000, 10:08:15 PM12/10/00
I was just wondering, since there are at least 2 episodes of Chuck & Susan
WoF in the trading circut, wouldn't you think if we have them, that GSN
would have easier access getting them?

Also, i thought that original game shows never had the commercials included
on tape. If GSN sometimes shows old plugs and commercials by accident, they
must not be studio recordings or are they? Please excuse my ignorance, but i
don't get GSN nor know a lot about this sort of thing

Thank You.

Card Shark

Dec 10, 2000, 11:02:37 PM12/10/00
Mark wrote:

> I was just wondering, since there are at least 2 episodes of Chuck & Susan
> WoF in the trading circut, wouldn't you think if we have them, that GSN
> would have easier access getting them?

The two and a half (there is another one; it's the first few minutes and the
last few minutes of Chuck's final episode, which I do have) episodes of Chuck
and Susan were put on the trading circuit from a Joe Shmo like you and me.
Someone was good enough to have the forsight that these episodes would be rare
and recorded them. There are a very small number that exist in the TV and Radio
museums in this country. When I went in April 1994, there was one episode. I
can't remember what year it was from, but I ordered it. I have no idea if there
have been more added or how many are in the museum in L.A. But, bottom line is
that there are very few and the likelihood of GSN acquiring or even finding any
are about as rare as them taking off their Newlywed Game airings and putting on
G-T shows.

--
"Now, let's open the board and get to the cards"-Jim Perry

Zach Horan

Dec 10, 2000, 11:13:06 PM12/10/00
>But, bottom line is
>that there are very few and the likelihood of GSN acquiring or even finding
>any
>are about as rare as them taking off their Newlywed Game airings and putting
>on
>G-T shows.

This doesn't take into account the possibility that GSN might have a couple up
their ass, and don't have a reason to show them. I mean, they do have at least
two Fleming J!'s.

John Sergent

Dec 11, 2000, 4:12:10 AM12/11/00

As I understand it, GSN has whatever copy of a show happens to still
exist. If it's from a broadcast it will have commercials and such in
it; if it's the original studio tape it won't. If it's a
tenth-generation copy from what someone recorded off the TV 20 years
ago, well, they wouldn't have that and wouldn't show it if they did.

(The copy I saw of one of the Chuck/Susan shows had fine audio, but the
picture was so bad half the time I couldn't see the letters! Still
interesting, of course.)
--
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's
too dark to read."

torca...@hotmail.com

Dec 11, 2000, 9:08:08 AM12/11/00

> This doesn't take into account the possibility that GSN might have a couple up
> their ass, and don't have a reason to show them. I mean, they do have at least
> two Fleming J!'s.

I've always thought they have way more than we'll ever know about. For
example, in the trading circuit are studio masters of "The Better Sex"
finale and a "Jeopardy" episode that originally aired April 24, 1974,
just to name two. You'd think if studio masters still exist that GSN
should have them but they've never aired either one - it would seem odd
for GSN to own both shows but not have either of those episodes if the
studio masters actually still exist.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.