Mention of Chuck on Wheel?

Mark

Jul 29, 2001, 9:22:23 AM7/29/01
Hi. just wondering, has Pat ever mentioned that he was not the original host
and that Chuck spun the wheel for 6 years before him? I didnt get to see the
3000th special, so i dont know if they ever mentioned him on that. Also any
mention about Susan after she left?

Thanks

CoolBritguy82

Jul 30, 2001, 9:46:25 AM7/30/01
Pat has mentioned before that Chuck was indeed the original host. In fact I
recall as a puzzle (the category was "Clue") "The Original host of Wheel of
Fortune". The contestants didn't answer the bonus question correctly, and Pat
explained that it was Chuck. I don't recall any mention of Chuck on the 3000th
episode, but then again, it was the 3000th episode of the syndicated version,
and not "Wheel" as a whole.

Zach Horan

Jul 30, 2001, 9:54:11 AM7/30/01

>Hi. just wondering, has Pat ever mentioned that he was not the original host
>and that Chuck spun the wheel for 6 years before him?

I remember one occasion around 1992 where the Clue puzzle was "First Wheel of
Fortune Host" and Pat mentioned then that Chuck was the original host.

> I didnt get to see the
>3000th special, so i dont know if they ever mentioned him on that

I don't believe he was mentioned on that show. Clips were shown of the pilot
with Edd Byrnes, but Woolery wasn't shown on an opening spiel of Chuck era WOF.

>Also any
>mention about Susan after she left?

Susan was not only mentioned, she stood in for Vanna for a week of Daytime WOF
in June 1986(a Teen Week), when Vanna's then-boyfriend was killed in a plane
crash.

Dan Berger

Jul 30, 2001, 4:08:21 PM7/30/01
Their was one time during the post game segment in '99 when Pat looked into
a knight's suit on the set[dunno the name of the theme week off-hand]and
jokingly asked if Chuck Woolery was in it.

--

-"Dazztardly" Dan Berger
geekm...@pinenet.com

"Mein bratwurst has a first name, it's F-R-I-T-Z. Mein bratwurst has a
second name, it's S-C-H-N-A-C-K-E-N-P-F-E-F-F-E-R-H-A-U-S-E-N..."

-Young Reineer Wolfcastle, The Simpsons

CdC ProductionS FLASH Game Show Games Homepage
http://cdcproductions.50megs.com/flashgames.html

The Unofficial Tic Tac Dough Supersite
http://www.ttdsite.cjb.net
"Mark" <m.c...@roadrunner.nf.net(nospam)> wrote in message

Streaming Wizard

Jul 30, 2001, 6:13:21 PM7/30/01
In article <9k3mpj$mhg$1...@horsefly.nf.net>,
"Mark" <m.c...@roadrunner.nf.net(nospam)> wrote:

On one of the Halloween episodes (1998, if I recall correctly), Pat and
Vanna entered the stage from a "dungeon" and Pat said, "It was nice
visiting with Chuck and Susan, wasn't it?"

-- DZ

--
David Zinkin's Happy Fun World -- http://www.davidzinkin.com
CompuZink Computer Consulting -- http://www.compuzink.com

Ksb1530

Aug 2, 2001, 6:00:30 PM8/2/01
No mention at all was made of Chuck being the original host on the 3000th ep.
They even showed a clip of the 1974 pilot with Ed Burns and Susan as the letter
turner, yet they made no mention of her.