Longer SPOILER for 622...

Tina

Mar 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/18/00

TOW The Ring

<this scene was prefilmed since Courtney C.A. was away doing a film>
For some reason, Monica, Phoebe and Rachel were visting a museum. They
walked into this one room and thought it was beautiful. A woman walks
in with a couple and is talking about how they can have the room done
for their wedding. Our 3 girls start saying to themselves that they
wouldn't do it like that, they would have such and such over here
etc.. Monica asks if you can hire the place for a wedding. The woman
says (bitchily) you can but there is a two year waiting list.This gets
the girls thinking and P. or R. tell Monica she should put her name
down. Monica says she isn;t going to get married, and P. and R. say in
two years she would be (I think P. may have said something about it
not being Chandler but someone else... not sure). ANyway, they all
decide to put their names down and that P. and R. would both have men
by then as well.

Next scene... Chandler is in the apartment on his own (reading I
think). The phone rings and switches to answermachine, he doesn;t
bother answering it. The call is from the woman at the museum saying
Monica is in luck, there has been a cancellation and she can have the
'Geller and Bing wedding' shortly (didn't quite hear how long.. but I
assume two weeks since that is how many episodes are afterwards).
Chandler answers the phone to speak to the woman. End of scene.

From what I gather here Chandler goes missing for the rest of the day.
When he gets back, as sson as he walks into the apartment Monica tells
him it was a mistake... Chandler acts freaked out a bit, but Monica
manages to tell him she put the name down as a joke. (he mentions that
the wopman said the band would also be available!). They hug and she
leaves. Phoebe comes out of her room and asks if 'she bought it'.
Chandler says yes and the place is booked and organised.

<another scene>
Phoebe and Chandler are in the kitchen, Chandler is going through a
ring catalogue. He says he doesn't know what ring to get her, there is
the <somthing> cut, the <something > cut and ow the paper cut. (they
did this 3 times and slightly altered it each time). Phoebe asks if
there is a Monica Cut could that would be perfect. Ross and Joey
enter, Chandler stuffs the catalogue in his pocket. Phoebe asks
Chandler if he wants to go get coffee. Ross says he was just about to
ask them that. P. and C. say they are going elsewhere and leave. Joey
at this point has gone into the fridge and got out some pizza and is
eating a slice next to Ross. After C. and P. leave, he turns to Joey
and says 'How rude'. Joey pauses then offers Ross the half eaten pizza
slice. Three times this was filmed, first time, Ross takes a big bite
off the pizza, the second time, as Ross goes to bite it Joey pulls it
back and doesn't let Ross have any, the third time, Ross, when offered
the pizza, gives Joey the typical Ross look.

Next scene.. Central Perk. (just remembered this scene!!) Phoebe and
Rachel are there. Rachel is saying that Bruce WIllis (BW) doesn't open
up much as she wants him to. Phoebe says she has to treat him like a
jar of pickles. Rachel asks if she means she should hit his head
against a table until he opens up. Phoebe says no, you do that when
you want someone to tell the truth. BW walks in. P. asks him how his
day was (3 diff. versions) he says Okay or Fine. P. motions to R. of
opening a jar. Rachel and BW get up the leave. Ross walks in. BW
quickly says hello and leaves, holding the door open for Rachel and
giving Ross a filthy look (which Ross doesn;t see). Ross sits down and
asks Phoebe what was up with them before. She says she didn;t know and
says maybe he had upset Chandler. Ross asks P. whether she knew why.
She asks him does he know why. He says he doesn't. She asks is he
sure. He then says that Joey bought tickets for a Knicks game two
weeks before using Chandlers credit card and didn't get Chandler a
ticket. P. asks if Ross thinks Chandler would be annoyed by it. Ross
says yes, and Phoebe says that must be it then.

<next scene>
Bruce Willis and Rachel are in J&Rs apartment. Rachel keeps trying to
get BW to open up. He wants to go for dinner. She wants him to tell
her just one thing about him since she doesn;t know anything. He
basically starts telling her when he was 6 he wants a <not sure what
this toy is, an American thing> but he got a rubber chicken that he
could bounce around on(!!) and all the kids at school called him
Chicken Boy... he goes on about this and then starts crying. Rachel
manages to stop him, and says she is pleased he told her that and she
feels closer to him already. She then says they should go for food. BW
says he can;t eat now. Rachel says they should go to this restaurant
since BW loves their Kung Pao Chicken. BW says 'Chiclken' and starts
crying again. Rachel looks pissed.

Central Perk scene. Ross walks in and goes to Joey who is at the
counter (Gunther looked fab, green tie, tellow shirt and amazing
trousers!). Ross says he think Chandler is annoyed with them about the
Nicks tickets. J says Chandler is always sponging off them and
expecting favours. They sit down. J says he didnt think C would have
minded that Ross and Joey did something together without him since him
and Chandler do it all the time without Ross. Ross gets a little
upset... then they decide to get tickets for a game that night and one
for Chandler as well. Gunther then wants them to pay for the drinks.
Joey hands over a credit card. It comes back declines, then J realises
he gave Gunther his credit card and into Chandlers and hands that one
over instead.

<next scene..in jewellers>
Phoebe and Chandler and looking at rings (3 takes... last one best)
Chandler is going bleuh at various rings and then realises the shop
clerk is next to him. He tells him he has some beautiful rings there.
Phoebe gets excited at the muskets that are on display. Chandler then
see a ring and asks to see it. Phoebe tells him to let her do the
talking since she barters and the fruit market. Chandler says to the
guy 'I want to look at this ring' and Phoebe adds 'Or not, whatever'.
He gets it out and Chandler isn;t sure about it. (its a 1.5 carat
diamond with sapphires on either side). He asks the shopkeeper to hold
the ring out and ask C. to marry him. The guy does this (English guy!)
and C. says yes it is the ring. He asks how much it is. SK replies
$8,600.. P. says 'I'll give you ten dollars' (very funny!). C. says he
only has $8,000 to spend, the guy agrees. C. then realises Joey has
his credit card and so tells Phoebe to guard the ring while he goes
and gets it. C. leaves and P. asks the shopkeeper if he has anything
for $10 dollars (on the 3rd take she also 'apologises for earlier').
He says yes he has, he has these two new crisp two $5 bills.

Now I think there was a scene with Monica here.. (previously taped
again)... R. walks into M.s apartment and says he is still crying. And
she has to go and buy more tissues. M. says she has some she can take.
Rachel declines and says she will go out to get them. (she is clearly
annoyed). I think she mentions that he is this blubbering mess of a
man. Monica says she has two ways to stop a man doing that. The first
is to have sex. R. asks what the second is, Monica says she doesn;t
know because she never has had to get to number two.

J&R apartment. BW is sitting crying (they gave away the toilet roll he
was using to the audience). Chandler walks in . BW says 'Rachel' in a
sob.. and then says 'Hello'. Chandler asks him if he is okay, he
manages a yes and then asks C. if his dad ever hugged him. Chandler
says 'No, why did he hug you?'. BW ignores this and then says he
father never hugged him. (one of the cuts C. said well if you go to a
Vegas show his father hug him). C. continues looking for the card. BW
turns around and wants C to hug him. They do. (3 takes again, third
one C didn;t mind as much). Anyway, they unhug. Joey walks in and BW
immediately goes and gives Joey a big hug. C. asks for his credit card
and J. says its in his pocket (still in the hug) and motions that he
cannot reach it since BW is still hugging him. C. goes in Joeys front
pocket to get it, J. says 'Not that one' so C gets it out of Js back
pocket. J. says he has bought tickets for a Knicks game that evening
did C want to go... C says no he is busy and leaves. BW and joey
unhug, and BW says that Chandler was being rude or nasty.

Back to the jewellers store.... Phoebe is trying on loads of
jewellery, brooch, necklace etc.. and gets the shopkeeper to put a
tiara on her. She stands up and asks him if it is too much' He says 'A
tad'. Then she takes off the tiara and asks him to pass her the
musket. She stands there holding it and still isn't sure so she asks
if she can try the ring that is reserved on. You just see a guy leave.
The shopkeeper asks the other one to pass the ring. She says she just
sold it. Phoebe says 'No no no' and with the musket starts running
towards the door after the guy who bought the ring. She gets to the
door, the alarms go off, a cage comes down and traps Phoebe in it. She
points the musket at the shopkeepers and tell them to either help her
or something like that.

Another scene (probably slightly out of order here)
Chandler goes into the jewellers. P. says it overs, the rings gone
etc.. C. is annoyed. P. says to try this other ring. So shes holds it
and asks C to marry her. He says it doesn't have the same affect as
when the shopkeeper asks. She says maybe ut isnt the ring, its the
shopkeeper. C. does a wonderful double take at the shopkeeper who is
smiling at him.

Joey and Ross decide that Chandler shouldn't be annoyed at them. And
decide to stop speaking to him. Joey says that Ross and him are now
best friends and they can be the next Chandler and Joey. R. asks if he
though he was better friends with Chandler. Joey says forget about it,
its them now.

Back to Joey and Rachels. Rachel walks in and BW is sitting at the
breakfast bar. He is writing things down. He tells her he has more
things to tell her. She says that is good and that writing makes her
feel sexy. She caresses him. He asks her if she knew what he wanted to
be at that age. She says 'A lover?'. He says 'No, a surfer' (they did
this scen about 3 times, her reaction her was slightly different each
time). She then unbuttons her cardigan, hops onto the counter infront
of him, showing her cleavage off and asks if what she is wearing is
too much. He galcnes at her and says no, then starts looking through
his notes and talks about them. Rachel jumps off the couhnter and says
she has had enough. She says 'You know the only person who would
listen to you. A mental health worker. Do you know how much they get
paid? $100 an hour. I would have made $2,000 listening to you'. BW
says Rachel is stiffling him, and flicks through his pad and says 'and
14 hours ago we decided that is what my mother always did'. R.
apologises for stiffling him and he comes to his senses. They hug and
Rachel basically says they should go and have sex.

Monica's apartment. Phoebe and Chandler are there. Chandler looks at
the ring and goes blue. He says he shouldnt have let P. talk him into
buying this gumball ring. P. says there is a way they can get the
other ring back instead of that gumball ring which he cannot give
monica. She says she heard the guy who bought the ring say where he
was going to propose. It was a restaurant. P says it was 'Rainbow'
something. C. says 'Rainbow Rooms' 'No' 'Rainbow something" 'No'
'Somewhere over the'. She then says some entirely different
restaurant. He says "I want to know how you got from Rainbow to
that'. She pauses and says 'No you don't, you don't want to get inside
there' (pointing at her head). They leave to go to the restaurant.

<Switch to Rachel's room>
BW and her are in bed after sex. They both said it was good. BW starts
crying. Rachel has had enough.

<Restaurant Scene>
C and P walk in and see the guy. P. goes over to the table and says
there is a call for this guy. He asks who . She says 'Your office'. He
asks 'Who in my office'. She pauses and says 'John' . He says 'Oh
john' and gets up to follow her. C. then introduced himself and says
that he has resevred the ring that the guy bought. The guys asks who
he is, C says 'Chandler, you got to keep up'. He basically then says
he wants to swap rings and that he was marrying P. who was dying. She
coughs. And C says 'of a cough apparently' (they did this 3 times). He
then shows the guy the ring. The guy isn't sure. P. then says that her
dying wish is to be burried with that ring, and if she doesn't then
her spirit will haunt the netherworld for all eternity. The guy looks
at the ring again and agrees. Chandler swaps rings and says to the
woman he is with 'You are marrying a great guy' She looks really
please. They all realise that C has spoilt the surprise (in one take,
C actually says he has done this). First two takes, he runs out and P.
follows. In the third take, he says something like count yourself
lucky, Im marrying a dead woman' and P and him walk out. The third got
the best audience reaction.

<Joey and Rachel's>
Joey and Ross are watching basketball. Chandler comes in and says he
has something to tell them. They do not react. He stands in front of
the TV, they look around him. He tells them he is going to ask Monica
to marry him and he has the ring. Joey looks at Ross and says they are
going to have to stop that. Ross says 'Oh so you two really are
serious then'. C says yes. They congraluate him. Joey says he is glad
they are friends again, C looks at him funny. Joey says 'water under
the bridge' and they hug. Rachel walks in and C tells her that he is
going to ask Monica to marry him and shows her the ring. She says its
at least 1.5 carats and is so happy for him. Phoebe walks in. Joey
tells her C is going to ask Monica to marry him. She says she already
knew and helped pick the ring. Ross and Joey say 'oh so you told her
before us' and they go back to ignoring him and watch the tv.

Final scene...
Phoebe, Rachel and Ross sitting in Central Perk. Ross says he cannot
believe how lovely the ring is. Rachel says that the funny thing with
all of Ross's wives, she is the only one who didn't get a ring.Phoebe
says she shouldnt get him to have a ring, she should get a musket.
Ross says the funny thing is that when he was married to rachel he
didnt get sex. Rachel says 'No ring, no sex'. Phoebe then says 'If you
get me a musket, we'll talk'.

--
The upholder of Angelicism - or something like that...
rachelgeller at writeme dot com (remove NOSPAM to reply)

Tina

Mar 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/18/00
Again, thanks to Peter for sending me the spoiler. :)

JIROMI

Mar 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/19/00

<snip>

>Rachel says they should go to this restaurant
>since BW loves their Kung Pao Chicken.

Oh dear Lord, not the Kung Pao chicken again!
; )

>J says Chandler is always sponging off them and
>expecting favours.

WHAT??!!

>BW says 'Rachel' in a
>sob.. and then says 'Hello'. Chandler asks him if he is okay, he
>manages a yes and then asks C. if his dad ever hugged him. Chandler
>says 'No, why did he hug you?'.

Bwahahahaha! Great line.

The show sounds great, but how on earth are they going to edit this down to
twenty-something minutes?

Thanks!

--
Ronnie (TDC Iago, Parrot Royal and Screamer in the Czarina's Ear)
Iago & Zazu's Attraction of the Week http://www.emuck.com/aotw

Tina

Mar 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/19/00
Hellooooo!!! After getting drunk in Vegas, JIROMI doodled cat
whiskers on his/her face and miaowed this little lot at a statue...

>: Tina wrote:
>: >s

>: >p
>: >o
>: >i
>: >l
>: >e
>: >r
>: >
>: >s
>: >p
>: >a
>: >c
>: >e
>: >
>: >s
>: >p
>: >o
>: >i
>: >l
>: >e
>: >r
>: >
>: >s
>: >p
>: >a
>: >c
>: >e

>: >
>: >
>:

>: The show sounds great, but how on earth are they going to edit this down to
>: twenty-something minutes?

By cutting out all the parts that might actually make people like the
show again. :)

CleV

Mar 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/19/00
>Oh dear Lord, not the Kung Pao chicken again!
>; )

So maybe Paul and Nora could pair off?

Miranda

Mar 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/19/00
Spoiler space

So Chandler won't propose to Monica until 623. Is that the season finale? Will
we have to wait until September to find out if she says yes?(Of course she
will!!)

TTFN
Miranda
"Pinky, you've left the lenscap of your mind on again"
"It is still a very sad thing when a member of the family has to be
terminated."
"May your performance be filled with cellofane crinklers and standbys!"

Adeline

Mar 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/19/00

Miranda wrote...

>Spoiler space

>So Chandler won't propose to Monica until 623. Is that the season finale?

No, but you're right he probably won't propose before the season finale (624
*or* 625, don't get Tennant and Larissa started ;-)).

>Will
>we have to wait until September to find out if she says yes?(Of course she
>will!!)

Or if the show actually ends, will we have to wonder all our lives what the
final word to all this is ?

Adeline.
--
Do what you love, love what you do
And the world will come to you.

D.J. Lasko

Mar 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/19/00

Miranda wrote:

> Spoiler space

> So Chandler won't propose to Monica until 623. Is that the season finale? Will

> we have to wait until September to find out if she says yes?(Of course she
> will!!)

So THIS is what the finale is going to center around? Gee, how original. As if
we haven't seen this situation before. As much as the die-hard fans would like
the show to continue, I personally would like it to end after this season because
I am tired of tuning in every Thursday night to realize just how bad it has
gotten.
The show is nothing like it used to be. The characters have become completely
different and one-dimensional, the storylines have become so contrived and corny,
and the dynamic ensemble that once existed has been sacrificed for a less than
entertaining romantic relationship. Worst of all, the writers really seem to
believe
that this formula works and makes for good television. I'm sure that die-hard
fans want to rip me apart right about now but the truth hurts sometimes. That's
my two cents on the matter. Take it or leave it.

D.J.

SHNOCODY

Mar 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/19/00
spoiler space

>>So Chandler won't propose to Monica until 623. Is that the season finale?
>Will
>>we have to wait until September to find out if she says yes?(Of course she
>>will!!)

does anybody think that maybe courtney cox is pregnant?. And that's why the
writers are marrying her off? She has said that they want to have kids. So, if
she is pregnant, marrying her would be a good way to handle it.

Adriana loves Matt

Mar 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/19/00
D.J. wrote:
>So THIS is what the finale is going to center around? Gee, how original. As
>if
>we haven't seen this situation before. As much as the die-hard fans would
>like
>the show to continue, I personally would like it to end after this season
>because
>I am tired of tuning in every Thursday night to realize just how bad it has
>gotten.
>The show is nothing like it used to be. The characters have become
>completely
>different and one-dimensional, the storylines have become so contrived and
>corny,
>and the dynamic ensemble that once existed has been sacrificed for a less
>than
>entertaining romantic relationship. Worst of all, the writers really seem to
>believe
>that this formula works and makes for good television. I'm sure that
>die-hard
>fans want to rip me apart right about now but the truth hurts sometimes.
>That's
>my two cents on the matter. Take it or leave it.

I think you actually just expressed the opinions of many of the die-hard fans.

Adriana

Ross: I don't know if anything is ever going to happen with us again, ever, but
I don't want to know that it never could. So I stopped it, and she got mad and
broke my projector.
-TOW Chandler Can't Cry

JIROMI

Mar 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/19/00

Adriana wrote:

I've seen several people express this opinion about the show ending after this
season, but what's the big deal if it continues? If you don't enjoy it
anymore, then just don't watch it. Why feel that you must torture yourself by
tuning in every week?

These aren't real people you know who have changed and disappointed you.
They're TV characters. I've lost interest in other shows over the years, like
"Roseanne," "Drew Carey," and "E.R.," so I simply stopped watching. I still
have fond memories of some of the episodes I enjoyed, though.

What I'm saying is, rather than hoping that the show ends, why not just walk
away from it? Those who still enjoy it can continue to watch if the show does
indeed return.

D.J. Lasko

Mar 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/19/00

JIROMI wrote:

> I've seen several people express this opinion about the show ending after this
> season, but what's the big deal if it continues? If you don't enjoy it
> anymore, then just don't watch it.

Believe me I have. I've probably missed the last 2 or 3 episodes because
as of recently, the show just does not catch my interest anymore.

> Why feel that you must torture yourself by
> tuning in every week?

Because everyone once in awhile I will tune in with the hope that I might see
some glimpse of what it used to be.

> These aren't real people you know who have changed and disappointed you.
> They're TV characters.

I know they are just T.V. characters. But they are T.V. characters who are not as

funny, interesting, or lovable as they used to be. To me, Joey, Phoebe, and
Rachel are
the only ones who still border on being likable. The other 3 are just plain
annoying and
aggravating to watch. In the beginning, it was impossible to dislike any of them.

> What I'm saying is, rather than hoping that the show ends, why not just walk
> away from it?

Believe me I will, I just would like to see the show go out on as good of a note
as it can. If it ends after this season, hopefully people will overlook this
waste
of television time season 6 and mostly remember season 5 as being the show's
great last hurrah. If there is a season 7 it will probably be mostly about
C+M's journey to the alter which will send most of us into hibernation for the
season. I'm sure die-hard C+M fans will love it. But to your average regular
fan like myself which I think makes up the majority of the viewing audience, it
will
be one big snoozefest if it carries on for the entire season.

In order for season 7 to be successful, Chandler needs to spend
alot more time with Joey, Rachel needs to grow up, Phoebe needs a point, Monica
needs
to disappear, and they need to let Ross have some happiness in his life.

D.J.

Claire Abraham

Mar 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/20/00
JIROMI wrote:

> I've seen several people express this opinion about the show ending after this
> season, but what's the big deal if it continues? If you don't enjoy it
> anymore, then just don't watch it. Why feel that you must torture yourself by
> tuning in every week?

Because I am hoping that if they end the show now, there is a slim
chance we may get closure on Ross and Rachel. That is the only reason.