Best lines of all time

1 view

Margaret Sallee

Feb 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/6/96
QuikSil903 (quiks...@aol.com) wrote:
: Hands down best ever:
: Monica: Great news!!
: Chandler: What, the third dentist caved and now they're all recommending
: trident?

Okay, nitpick mode on:

Its actually the fifth dentist :) (I know, I know..let it go.. But I
can't.. Its my Windows exit message.. I hear it WAY too many times each
day:))

Margaret

Margaret Sallee mwsa...@ucdavis.edu
meg...@uclink4.berkeley.edu

"Tulsa? Is that in Oklahoma? What? Don't look at me.
I failed geometry" -the ever wise Vicki

Bababooie2

Feb 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/6/96
I think that the best line is from the Prom Video episode.
After talking to Casey, one of Rachel's friends.
Ross: What do you think they'll do?
Chandler: Do a little dance. Make a little love. Get down tonight.

Stephen Ch Litterst

Feb 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/6/96

>Rachel: Guys! Guess what? Guess What? Guess What? Guess What?
>Chandler: Okay, the fifth dentist caved, and now they are ALL recomending trident?

I dunno.. . I think the best line of *all* time was the episode where
Monica was dating Allen.

Chandler: I'd marry him just for his David Hasslehoff impression alone!"

StevE

--
Stephen Litterst kyr...@bach.udel.edu 302/831-4365
Technical Assistant, Professional Theatre Training Program. U of Del.

Lisa Nelson

Feb 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/7/96

Nope, the best line of all time (IMHO) was when Rachel tried one of Phoebe's
wonderful cookies, and asked why she had never brought any over before and Phoebe
said "I don't make them very often, because it's not fair to all the other cookies."

L. Nelson

Kevin Fox

Feb 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/8/96

I won't say it's my absolute favorite, but I *really, really* liked
Chandler and Phoebe's exchange in TOATSB:

Chandler: Hey! Stick a fork in me. I am done!
Phoebe: Stick a fork what?
Chandler:You know, like how you tell if steak is done?
Phoebe: Ok, well, I don't eat meat.
Chandler: So how do you tell if vegetables are done?
Phoebe: You eat them, and you just know.
Chandler: Allright then, EAT me, I'm done!

I loved it because I didn't think they'd take so long to get a laugh, but
it worked brilliantly.

--

Kevin Fox
Fury Solutions

__
//\\ Support Cyber Rights and Free Speech on the Net!
\\// Affix a blue ribbon to your posts, pages and email.
//{\ Protest the CDA Net Censorship Bill of 1996.
{/ \} See http://www.eff.org/bluehtml.txt for more information.

Ian Cochrane

Feb 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/9/96
When Phoebe tries the Monica's "mockolate" cookies and yells, "Oh, oh, this must be what evil
tastes like!!"
--
Ian Cochrane
Coch...@world.std.com

Matthew Brotman

Feb 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/11/96
Rachel: "Monica broke my lamp!"

Chandler: "Great. I'm gonna die alone!"

Rachel: [pause] "OK, you win."

--
Matt
matt...@li.net http://www.li.net/~matthewb/

Kelly Flores

Feb 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/12/96
In article <311B7C...@world.std.com> Ian Cochrane <Coch...@world.std.com>
writes:

>When Phoebe tries the Monica's "mockolate" cookies and yells, "Oh, oh, this
> must be what evil tastes like!!"
>--

Must be because I'm a technology slave (computer, TV, VCR, mircowave) my
favorite is from The List:

Ross: "Can't we just use pen and paper."
Chandler: "No, Amish boy!"

KMF
k...@cerfnet.com

"Oh, you are so the smitten kitten."
--- Phoebe, "Friends"

--
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) k...@cerfnet.com (-: (-: (-: (-: (-: (-:
THOUGHT: "Life is like a sewer, what you get out of

Phaedrus

Feb 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/16/96
Ian Cochrane (Coch...@world.std.com) wrote:
: When Phoebe tries the Monica's "mockolate" cookies and yells, "Oh, oh, this must be what evil
: tastes like!!"
: --
: Ian Cochrane
: Coch...@world.std.com

Nah...When J.A. says to D.S. in the museum last week when they were
"getting involved" and she rolled over onto a juice container and said:
J.A.: Oh honey thats all right!
D.S.: Rachel its just the juice carton,
J.A.: Oh! Thank God!

Beverly Outram

Feb 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/16/96
to phae...@snark.wizard.com
I agree the "juice box" thing was major funny and what makes it so neat is
that it had the potential of being "offensive" to some groups but the way
they handled it and the characters responses make it "sweet". They are
able to accomplish this "fine line thing" in Sienfeld shows. Do you watch
Sienfeld? They had a number of shows about masturbation and having sex
that were handled so matter of factly and with an open-oh-we-are-all
adults kind of thing that nobody in the "office" the next day commented on
its being in bad taste or any of that.

I loved it last night when Monica was in the bathroom and her parents were
making out and she came out of the bathroom "comotoast". Kids no matter
what age can't seem to handle the fact that their parents think about and
have sex. I have a 20-year old who holds her ears if I start to talk
about it. It is funny as hell because she can tell me lots and lots of
stuff about her weird life but when I start to tell her some of my
fantasies she says, "I don't want to hear this" and holds her ears and
starts humming lound.

That could be a neat skit for one of the Thursday night line ups?

Chow!

STEVEN D. WOLD

Feb 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/17/96
Does anyone remember the exact quote when Phoebe is telling Chandler in
"guyspeak" that some girl is checking him out. Phoebe walks away and
says something like "I guess I'm ready for my penis now." It was a
classic phoebe-ism.

James Gerald Marten

Feb 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/22/96
From article <4g3el3$r...@spectator.cris.com>, by "STEVEN D. WOLD" <saw...@concentric.net>:
Does anyone remember this one from way back:

"Eat me - I'm done"

Classic!
Jim

BabsnCali

Feb 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/24/96
Oh yes it was.....I think it was something like. "10 o'clock, chick,
scoping you out." Don't quote me on that...but it was something like it.
It might get someone off to a good start.

KATHY WILLS

Feb 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/28/96
On 22 Feb 1996 08:43:55 GMT, jgma...@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu writes:
That was "classic" Phoebe. When she walked away, she said "I think I'm ready
for my penis" - it was hysterical.>