[META] Bugged Musings

1 view

Atlasbugged

Apr 6, 2006, 5:41:13 PM4/6/06
I've been beset over my half-year or so on this and other newsgroups by a
series of monkeys who talk far more of me than the group topic. Bad as this
is, even this post is probably unwise. Even with the numerous lies which
have been posted about me, it's usually better to just let them go
unrefuted. But this will be my last word addressing such worthless stuff.

One lesson I learned here is to not bother responding to all the various
detritis here, because I discovered that the vast bulk of them simply
disappear shortly after you ignore them completely. "Coincidentally," about
ten of the worst trolls disappeared from this group about a week after I
killlfiled them all, never to be seen again.

But just for the record, I'm going to cover a few things, then cut off all
the trolls and leave them spewing their effluence to the group, with no more
juveniles operating under multiple aliases to seem like it's some kind of
consensus.

First of all, let's be clear that my addy and handle never change, and
haven't for years. Anyone past the mental age of ten has no business with
me if they dislike me since I go into a killfile and I stay there.

The only possible variance is when you post from Google (which I do
sometimes,) they un-munge your address. The allegations that I rotate my
address have been made by liars, idiots who believe other liars, and one
particular vile ass who changes his name and addy with each and every post.

That particular idiot likes to file formal complaints with service
providers. Since his complaints are lies in every case, he messed with the
wrong guy - an attorney - and I've filed about two counter-complaints - all
truthful - for every one he's filed on me. One small piece of good news is
that he has to protect his real identity meticulously now - with his real
name, I could definitely cost him money by filing a modest suit.

He endangered a FIREFLY wiki that operated on a shoestring (so was unable to
defend even false charges,) then posted under a false name and said "look
what you did, you endangered the Wiki." He's the only troll/moron I've
encountered that actually has any effect whatsoever, and I changed my web
host to protect the Wiki. But no other complaint he's ever made has had any
effect.

Nevertheless, he's an obvious menace to everyone, and anyone can see his
addy and handle change with every post, not to mention we know he lies and
hides and posts under numerous identities.

Lately, all his posts have been variations upon the term "waffler." His
real address is love...@gawab.com. He likes to say I sent him "hate
mail;" It was a picture of Disney's "Dumbo."

This guy is an even worse troll than "John Shocked" or "Flipper Mike"
because he has just enough knowledge to work the system, and a wellspring of
vicious intentions that seems bottomless. There isn't much anyone can do
about him because unmoderated Usenet is just that way, but if you find it
worth your time, complaints to ab...@gawab.com might at least make him
switch providers.

All other trolls just go away when ignored or killfiled. Even "Assbug," who
appears to be my personal troll, keeps the same addresss and the same place
in my killfile. But he'll still keep on if others reply to him. So I
strongly suggest....you know. He could easily be "love2play" for all we
know.

The reason I've gathered such a "following" of losers, low IQ'ers, trolls,
and even a few smart folk is because I've presented my ideas as fact rather
than opinion, and there is a philosophical idea, very popular these days,
that *everything* is mere opinion, it's all how you look at it, and so on.
Even if they were not victims of this dangerous mentality ("Naziism bad?
Depends on your POV."), they're still free to ignore me, but
noooooooooooo....

Moreover, there's lots of whining about my FIREFLY FAQ but never been so
much as a single substantive challenge to its accuracy, an occurrence that
surprises even me. But it's almost entirely children, trolls, and fools. I
know this because site stats show thousands visiting the FAQ. That's pretty
gratifying, IIDSSM.

In the end, however, my strong message to everyone, echoed in FIREFLY and in
the philosophy I support, is that there is no substitute for making up your
*own* mind. If a hundred people (or one troll with a hundred handles) tells
you that 2+2=3, keep firmly in mind what the truth is.

I say that truth, productivity, MYOB, and individualism, and more, are all
virtues. Disagree? That's your right, but I won't respond anymore to
comments that don't have real content. So let me end off with a reprint of
resources I've developed over the last few months, all FIREFLY related,
which display these virtues. Perhaps one or two will persuade you to my
view.
--
There are positive people here always open to productive and intriguing
discussion of FIREFLY, as well as a sexy or fun diversion or two. Welcome to

If you're new, here's some fun links. My FAQ gives you the lowdown as fast
as possible and is comprehensive if you dig into the links:
http://snipurl.com/k8ui

I described and "rated" (on a 1 to 4 scale, based on my personal opinion,
but with reasons) all the shows and books here:
http://snipurl.com/krwl

FIREFLY made its mark, in part, by being true to science. Here's a brief
discussion of the show's decision to reject the (so far absurd) concept of
stuff moving faster than light-speed.
http://snipurl.com/jtgy

The women of FIREFLY and SERENITY are unusually attractive, so I posted some
hi-resolution pictures at these links, all purely G-rated:
http://snipurl.com/krg1
http://snipurl.com/lh1o
http://snipurl.com/kqa2
http://snipurl.com/l70f
http://snipurl.com/kqd9
http://snipurl.com/lt6x
http://snipurl.com/krfl
http://snipurl.com/krfg

If you'd like to hear a bit from FIREFLY's creators, they've been very
accessible with interviews and the like. You may read some of their best
comments here:
http://snipurl.com/kyjy
http://snipurl.com/k884
http://snipurl.com/jtgx

Finally, these are fabulous fake nudes of the prominent women of FIREFLY. No
hardcore, but a lot of splendid nudity, none which is real. Don't click the
link if such stuff offends you in any way, and no disrespect is meant to the
actresses, who are beloved by fans on and off the screen.
http://snipurl.com/nayn

In short, FIREFLY is meant to inspire you and bring joy. Just ignore the
various haters, trolls, twits, and miserables. Or enjoy them as you might a
circus sideshow. But keep your eye on the magnificence that is FIREFLY.

Want to know about me? That's here. http://snipurl.com/kuu4

Best wishes and keep flying. And there's far more about everything above,
except the nudes, in the FAQ. Once agin, that's here:
http://snipurl.com/k8ui

MTKnife

Apr 6, 2006, 5:57:39 PM4/6/06
I wouldn't worry about the a**holes in the NG, Atlas. You can't escape
them. I've been active on USENET more in the past month than I've been
for years...and I see the same thing in every NG I read. There are
people who just enjoy bitching, insulting, and generally tearing down
whatever topic is being talked about. In Rec.Arts.Drwho, it's how the
new series has been buffyized, how the Head Writer is gay, and How much
the Seventh Doctor should be hated by everyone. in
Alt.Games.Elder-scrolls, they're bemoaning over a software company
*selling* game material when they could give it out for free. Oh, that
and the new Elder Scrolls game sucks. And here, it's how Serenity's
boxoffice proved what a 'peice of shit' the movie and the TV series
was....not to mention that Atlas guy is such a--

Well, you get the idea. :) Buck up, in between all the mudslinging and
the whining, there's usually at least one interesting post to read.
Keep searching, keep posting, and Keep Flyin!

Waffler 3.0

Apr 6, 2006, 9:30:54 PM4/6/06
"Atlasbugged" <atlasbug...@gmail.com> wrote in

> This guy is an even worse troll than "John Shocked" or "Flipper Mike"
> because he has just enough knowledge to work the system, and a
> wellspring of vicious intentions that seems bottomless. There isn't
> much anyone can do about him because unmoderated Usenet is just that
> way, but if you find it worth your time, complaints to ab...@gawab.com
> might at least make him switch providers.

Atlas, atlas ASSFUCK!!!

You poor deluded schmuck, for someone that is 'an attorney' and has filed
complaints against me, you seem to be pretty much a fucking moron.

1. Gawab isn't an ISP, it's an email provider, BUT, if you had filed any
complaints you would have known that.
2.any attorney that files complaints, those complaints must be delivered to
the person, not the provider. You haven't made a case. You don't even know
who my provider is.
3. I've seen people play your 'I'm so damned persecuted' game many times,
the last such person was a troll named Dentice, who did pretty much the
same shit as you do here in ATF. Dentice made a mistake in using his Ham-
Radio license as one of his emails, and he was tracked down. Dentice is now
serving a few years, turns out through all his blathering (yes, he claimed
to be an attorney too), he was nothing more than a burger flipper who was
recently arrested for fucking underage runaway girls.

So enjoy yourself, perhaps someday you will wake up from your "I'm always
right" fantasy and smell the urinal cakes of your New Jersey life.

Atlas Bugged

Apr 6, 2006, 9:58:53 PM4/6/06
"MTKnife" <mtk...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>I wouldn't worry about the a**holes in the NG, Atlas.
[...]

Thanks for your kind comments.

John Coxon

Apr 7, 2006, 5:54:25 AM4/7/06
On 07/04/2006 02:30, Waffler 3.0 wrote:

> Atlas, atlas ASSFUCK!!!

Nice opening, there.

> You poor deluded schmuck, for someone that is 'an attorney' and has filed
> complaints against me, you seem to be pretty much a fucking moron.
>
> 1. Gawab isn't an ISP, it's an email provider, BUT, if you had filed any
> complaints you would have known that.

He didn't say it was an ISP, he said it was a provider, which, if it's
an e-mail provider like you say, is perfectly reasonable.

> 2.any attorney that files complaints, those complaints must be delivered to
> the person, not the provider. You haven't made a case. You don't even know
> who my provider is.

That didn't even make sense as a sentence, much less as a structured
argument against a person.

> 3. I've seen people play your 'I'm so damned persecuted' game many times,
> the last such person was a troll named Dentice, who did pretty much the
> same shit as you do here in ATF. Dentice made a mistake in using his Ham-
> Radio license as one of his emails, and he was tracked down. Dentice is now
> serving a few years, turns out through all his blathering (yes, he claimed
> to be an attorney too), he was nothing more than a burger flipper who was
> recently arrested for fucking underage runaway girls.

That's a rather roundabout way of accusing somebody of being a
paedophile, if I'm interpreting it correctly. How do you know he was
recently arrested? Did you stalk him?

--
John Coxon
ZZ9 Secretary - http://www.zz9.org/

"OMFG!!!!
D00D!! 1 j|_|$t red thiz book, The HITchi|<er's Guild or something liek
that, and in it FORD is not blak!!!!!

Oh, wait, you wanted a NON-aol response? my apologies." - Gaz (afdaniain)

LiveJournal: http://johncoxon.livejournal.com/
Missing footnotes: http://www.nut.house.cx/cgi-bin/nemowiki.pl?ISFN

P. Burrows

Apr 7, 2006, 7:33:55 AM4/7/06
In article <ZVfZf.32101$fd3....@fe06.news.easynews.com>,
atlasbug...@gmail.com says...

> I've been beset over my half-year or so on this and other newsgroups by a
> series of monkeys who talk far more of me than the group topic.

You have a very abrasive nature, you seem very rude, condescending and
intolerant and have shown little respect for the feelings of others, its
quite likely you are hurting people left and right and some of them
apparently get angry with you. If you were a bit more ? restrained ?
perhaps fewer of them would be annoyed with you.

> One lesson I learned here is to not bother responding to all the various
> detritis here,

Its detritus or detriti.

> The only possible variance is when you post from Google (which I do
> sometimes,) they un-munge your address. The allegations that I rotate my
> address have been made by liars, idiots who believe other liars, and one
> particular vile ass who changes his name and addy with each and every post.

This for instance is very rude and generalising, the pejorative tone
seems intended to provoke.

> That particular idiot likes to file formal complaints with service
> providers. Since his complaints are lies in every case, he messed with the
> wrong guy - an attorney - and I've filed about two counter-complaints - all
> truthful - for every one he's filed on me.

I'm sure I'm not the only one would like to see some proof that you are
indeed a lawyer, I would suggest you haven't behaved in a why that would
cause most people to believe in your assertion.

> He endangered a FIREFLY wiki that operated on a shoestring (so was unable to
> defend even false charges,) then posted under a false name and said "look
> what you did, you endangered the Wiki."

Well, given that you keep angering a lot of people by posting about your
FAQ in groups where it isn't on topic, one might very well argue that
you did indeed endanger the wiki.

> The reason I've gathered such a "following" of losers, low IQ'ers, trolls,

This is very offensive to most people, and its also clearly very
defensive on your part - there is no reason to be this rude.

> and even a few smart folk is because I've presented my ideas as fact rather
> than opinion,

It is always very provocative to many people when an opinion is
presented as fact - so if your intent is to provoke people this is
certainly an effective strategy.

> and there is a philosophical idea, very popular these days,
> that *everything* is mere opinion, it's all how you look at it, and so on.
> Even if they were not victims of this dangerous mentality

Everything is mere opinion - to disagree with that is to be a
fundamentalist, and that is the true dangerous mindset. It is the sign
of an educated mind to be able to entertain a different notion without
agreeing with it, and without trying to vilify and demean those who
disagree with you.

> Moreover, there's lots of whining about my FIREFLY FAQ but never been so
> much as a single substantive challenge to its accuracy, an occurrence that
> surprises even me.

You choose to ignore that the people who have had legitimate complaints
about the FAQ are people who are not interested in Firefly, and as such
they don't care whether or not its accurate. They asked you, politely to
begin with, not to post it in non relevant groups. But then you
essentially say you are allowed to do what you want, simply because you
want it. At best that is very immature, at worst it could mistaken for
psychopathic behaviour. It shouldn't surprise you that some people end
up disliking you.

>But it's almost entirely children, trolls, and fools. I

Again we find that you believe you are above fault and everybody else is
wrong.

> In the end, however, my strong message to everyone, echoed in FIREFLY and in
> the philosophy I support, is that there is no substitute for making up your
> *own* mind. If a hundred people (or one troll with a hundred handles) tells
> you that 2+2=3, keep firmly in mind what the truth is.

This is manipulative, when you write 2+2=3 you are essentially trying to
suggest that people should not make up their own mind, but agree with
you.

> Finally, these are fabulous fake nudes of the prominent women of FIREFLY. No
> hardcore, but a lot of splendid nudity, none which is real. Don't click the
> link if such stuff offends you in any way, and no disrespect is meant to the
> actresses, who are beloved by fans on and off the screen.

Do you have the copyright of these images? If you do not have copyright
over these images, perhaps as a lawyer you could explain to us why what
you are doing is not illegal? It can hardly be considered fair use.

AssBug

Apr 7, 2006, 11:46:23 AM4/7/06
In article <49mr6fF...@individual.net>, John Coxon
<john....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dentice is now
> > serving a few years, turns out through all his blathering (yes, he claimed
> > to be an attorney too), he was nothing more than a burger flipper who was
> > recently arrested for fucking underage runaway girls.
>
> That's a rather roundabout way of accusing somebody of being a
> paedophile, if I'm interpreting it correctly. How do you know he was
> recently arrested? Did you stalk him?

Are you as stupid as you sound? Have you heard of NEWSPAPERS? Last I
checked, the reading of one doesn't make one a stalker. Not yet anyway.

And "being arrested for fucking underaged girls" (if found guilty, of
course) isn't a "roundabout way" of accusing someone of being a
pedophile. It is more a "statement of fact." Obviously you need to work
on your "interpreting" skills. I'm guessing that your "burger flipping"
skills are just fine, though.

--
I Have Spoken!

AssBug

/////////////
I know everything, and you are wrong! I AM a lawyer!
Yes, I am! Don't make me call my mommie!!

AssBug

Apr 7, 2006, 11:46:25 AM4/7/06
In article <MPG.1ea06c8a5...@news.usenetserver.com>, P.
Burrows <he_h@privacy_Starfleet.net> wrote:

> In article <ZVfZf.32101$fd3....@fe06.news.easynews.com>,
> atlasbug...@gmail.com says...

> > One lesson I learned here is to not bother responding to all the various
> > detritis here,
>
> Its detritus or detriti.

HEY! No corrections, please! Lawers no howe tu spel!!!!!

John Coxon

Apr 7, 2006, 11:55:15 AM4/7/06
On 07/04/2006 16:46, AssBug wrote:

> In article <49mr6fF...@individual.net>, John Coxon
> <john....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dentice is now
>>> serving a few years, turns out through all his blathering (yes, he claimed
>>> to be an attorney too), he was nothing more than a burger flipper who was
>>> recently arrested for fucking underage runaway girls.
>> That's a rather roundabout way of accusing somebody of being a
>> paedophile, if I'm interpreting it correctly. How do you know he was
>> recently arrested? Did you stalk him?
>
> Are you as stupid as you sound? Have you heard of NEWSPAPERS? Last I
> checked, the reading of one doesn't make one a stalker. Not yet anyway.

Yes, a newspaper would really use somebody's net alias to refer to them.
Do you really think I'm stupid enough to fall for your bullshitting?

> And "being arrested for fucking underaged girls" (if found guilty, of
> course) isn't a "roundabout way" of accusing someone of being a
> pedophile. It is more a "statement of fact." Obviously you need to work
> on your "interpreting" skills. I'm guessing that your "burger flipping"
> skills are just fine, though.

:-)

I suspect so, if I ever try my hand at it. I'm good at quite a few
things. I'm guessing you're not, or you wouldn't feel the need to
project your own imperfections onto me...

Waffler22

Apr 7, 2006, 12:03:07 PM4/7/06
John Coxon <john....@gmail.com> wrote in

> On 07/04/2006 02:30, Waffler 3.0 wrote:
>
>> Atlas, atlas ASSFUCK!!!
>
> Nice opening, there.
>
>> You poor deluded schmuck, for someone that is 'an attorney' and has
>> filed complaints against me, you seem to be pretty much a fucking
>> moron.
>>
>> 1. Gawab isn't an ISP, it's an email provider, BUT, if you had filed
>> any complaints you would have known that.
>
> He didn't say it was an ISP, he said it was a provider, which, if it's
> an e-mail provider like you say, is perfectly reasonable.

No, he stated in another post that it was my ISP, he was corrected then, as
he was now.

>> 2.any attorney that files complaints, those complaints must be
>> delivered to the person, not the provider. You haven't made a case.
>> You don't even know who my provider is.
>
> That didn't even make sense as a sentence, much less as a structured
> argument against a person.

If he was a lawyer, I would have seen a complaint by now. Is that a little
easier for your mind to read? (I used smaller words)

>> 3. I've seen people play your 'I'm so damned persecuted' game many
>> times, the last such person was a troll named Dentice, who did pretty
>> much the same shit as you do here in ATF. Dentice made a mistake in
>> using his Ham- Radio license as one of his emails, and he was tracked
>> down. Dentice is now serving a few years, turns out through all his
>> blathering (yes, he claimed to be an attorney too), he was nothing
>> more than a burger flipper who was recently arrested for fucking
>> underage runaway girls.
>
> That's a rather roundabout way of accusing somebody of being a
> paedophile, if I'm interpreting it correctly. How do you know he was
> recently arrested? Did you stalk him?

No, it was a fact, the troll I speak of did exactly what Ass-Bugger is
doing now. The same troll would accuse anyone that had a difference of
opinion as an abuser. Myself, and others within the affected newsgroup(s)
found out that Dentice was not a lawyer, through the simplest of means. We
found his WEBSITE, where he stated he was a burger-flipper. That same
website came down after we threw it in his face. After months of dealing
with Dentice, he suddenly stopped posting. One of the other posters living
in Vegas posted a few news-articles. Mr Self-rightous Dentice was banging
underage runaways.

So please tell me how reading publically posted information is stalking and
how stating facts is an accusation that someone is a pedophile.

John Coxon

Apr 7, 2006, 12:26:27 PM4/7/06
On 07/04/2006 17:03, Waffler22 wrote:

> If he was a lawyer, I would have seen a complaint by now. Is that a little
> easier for your mind to read? (I used smaller words)

Using smaller words wouldn't have been necessary if you'd merely put the
first sentence into English grammar.

> So please tell me how reading publically posted information is stalking and
> how stating facts is an accusation that someone is a pedophile.

You made a clear link between Atlas and this other person, and if you
can't see that then the last paragraph you posted was completely
pointless and a rather stupid addition to your post.

By the way, please stop changing your handle and e-mail address. Have
some spine, at least.

--
John Coxon
ZZ9 Secretary - http://www.zz9.org/

"I thought to myself: 'Well obviously, the parrot will only eat chicken
without tomato sauce - it would be stupid otherwise.' These were not
the thoughts of a normal person." - Adam Shaikh, 'Starship Titanic'
programmer

Andy

Apr 7, 2006, 9:33:39 PM4/7/06
Atlasbugged wrote:
> I've been beset over my half-year or so on this and other newsgroups by a
> series of monkeys who talk far more of me than the group topic.

You're a lawyer. You should know that whining isn't the way to deal
with it. Respond to it or ignore it and move on.

Atlas Bugged

Apr 8, 2006, 6:15:41 AM4/8/06

"Andy" <nonsenslett...@spe.midco.net> wrote in message
> You're a lawyer.

By George...why, yes, I do believe I am!

>You should know that whining isn't the way to deal with it. Respond to it

Check.

>or ignore it and move on.

Well, I bloody well can't do all three. But two's not bad. Are you sure
you read past the first line?

David Buchner

Apr 8, 2006, 11:32:00 AM4/8/06
Atlas Bugged <atlasbug...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >You should know that whining isn't the way to deal with it. Respond to it
>
> Check.

Okay. I wrote replies to a couple of the follow-up posts in this thread,
but I think I'm going to just drop it. As you say, probably best to stop
paying any attention. Kick 'em into the intake, and keep flying.

I just have to say how much your post reminds me what a mixed-blessing
type of deal Usenet is. For all the fun and information it's given me
over the years -- it's also made me painfully aware of a species of
bossy childish whiner I could possibly have gone along happily ignorant
of.

I'm pretty sure I've told you before that I remember people exactly like
these, from 4th Grade. All of it: the appeals to authority, the
improbable threats, the screechy tantrums they throw if they don't get
their way or your respect. I really do think they're mostly just
children whose net access isn't being supervised. Brighter-than-average
children, perhaps. I remember being that petulant at a certain age...

More FIREFLY, please!

Atlas Bugged

Apr 8, 2006, 4:19:03 PM4/8/06
"David Buchner" <buc...@wcta.net> wrote in message

> Okay. I wrote replies to a couple of the follow-up posts in this thread,
> but I think I'm going to just drop it. As you say, probably best to stop
> paying any attention. Kick 'em into the intake, and keep flying.

I did notice and definitely appreciated your comments, but you got it,
bingo, trolls disappear, sometimes in as little as hours, when no one talks
to them.

>I really do think they're mostly just
> children whose net access isn't being supervised. Brighter-than-average
> children, perhaps.

True. But there are shitty people of all ages, of course, and some here
aren't really "people" at all. Remember that "Waffler" is really doing us a
kindness by making his identity human-readable even though he's playing
hopscotch with everyone's killfile. What are the odds he has other
identities all over the place? He could be five different morons in this
newsgroup alone, and probably is.

Moderated newsgroups can help (I can think of at least one good one) but the
<alt.> hierarchy is among the most unsupervised playgrounds ever devised.
That's a huge virtue, BTW, but the only way to keep the roaches out is to
stop feeding them.

Andy

Apr 8, 2006, 7:51:40 PM4/8/06

Read what I wrote again. Here's a hint: "or"

If you're in a hostile courtroom, do you complain to the judge?

AssBug

Apr 9, 2006, 2:47:48 PM4/9/06
In article <49ni5kF...@individual.net>, John Coxon
<john....@gmail.com> wrote:

> By the way, please stop changing your handle and e-mail address. Have
> some spine, at least.

Just curious, here. What does that even matter? This is Usenet, and we
are who we say we are, and there is no connection to the real world.
Part of the lure. Some people with limited imagination or negative
creativity possibly use their "real" names, but noone is under any
obligation to do so. And what does that have to do with someone
exploring their different constructs of identity?

If you are only who you want to be, why limit yourself? And WHY would
someone else even care? Look to your own life, but don't be concerned
with mine. YOU DON'T REALLY CARE ANYWAY.

Of course I do see the irony of AB snarking on another person "hiding"
behind a patently fake sig, then bravely signing his own name,
AtlasBugged. Uh huh.

AssBug

Apr 9, 2006, 3:52:21 PM4/9/06
In article <6LadnccBfPIV0aXZ...@midco.net>, Andy
<nonsenslett...@spe.midco.net> wrote:

> > "Andy" <nonsenslett...@spe.midco.net> wrote in message
> >
> >> You're a lawyer.
> >

> > By George...why, yes, I do believe I am!

You are the ONLY one that believes that.

> >>You should know that whining isn't the way to deal with it. Respond to it
> >

> > Check.
> >

> >>or ignore it and move on.
> >

> > Well, I bloody well can't do all three. But two's not bad. Are you sure
> > you read past the first line?
> >

> Read what I wrote again. Here's a hint: "or"
>
> If you're in a hostile courtroom, do you complain to the judge?

The "lawyer" sure doesn't seem to have a very good understanding of
language, does it?

We are approaching an insurmountable ponderance of evidence that not
all assholes are lawyers, no matter what they claim online!

John Coxon

Apr 9, 2006, 5:13:32 PM4/9/06
On 09/04/2006 19:47, AssBug wrote:

> In article <49ni5kF...@individual.net>, John Coxon
> <john....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> By the way, please stop changing your handle and e-mail address. Have
>> some spine, at least.
>
> Just curious, here. What does that even matter? This is Usenet, and we
> are who we say we are, and there is no connection to the real world.
> Part of the lure. Some people with limited imagination or negative
> creativity possibly use their "real" names, but noone is under any
> obligation to do so. And what does that have to do with someone
> exploring their different constructs of identity?
>
> If you are only who you want to be, why limit yourself? And WHY would
> someone else even care? Look to your own life, but don't be concerned
> with mine. YOU DON'T REALLY CARE ANYWAY.
>
> Of course I do see the irony of AB snarking on another person "hiding"
> behind a patently fake sig, then bravely signing his own name,
> AtlasBugged. Uh huh.

No problems with people wanting to be who they want to be, and I don't
really care about their lives as long as they don't affect mine, but
changing the handle and e-mail address means that people who don't want
to read about AtlasBugged/AssBug/Waffler's World War Three and want to
read about Firefly have to read at least a third of it because Waffler's
impossible to killfile. I don't killfile people, I like to read all of
a group or none at all, but still.

--
John Coxon
ZZ9 Secretary - http://www.zz9.org/

"<Atob> Jonk.
<JohnC> My name is /not/ jonk.
<Atob> Of course it isn't, sweetie." - #afda

MTKnife

Apr 11, 2006, 12:38:06 PM4/11/06

P. Burrows wrote:

> > Moreover, there's lots of whining about my FIREFLY FAQ but never been so
> > much as a single substantive challenge to its accuracy, an occurrence that
> > surprises even me.
>
> You choose to ignore that the people who have had legitimate complaints
> about the FAQ are people who are not interested in Firefly, and as such
> they don't care whether or not its accurate. They asked you, politely to
> begin with, not to post it in non relevant groups. But then you
> essentially say you are allowed to do what you want, simply because you
> want it. At best that is very immature, at worst it could mistaken for
> psychopathic behaviour. It shouldn't surprise you that some people end
> up disliking you.

I'm not really sure what are 'legitimate' complaints. I've read AB's
FAQ. I don't see how it's so objectionable. And, truth be told, AB
(and any other poster on USENET) *is* allowed to do (i.e. post) what
they want, unless the NG in question is moderated. It's not immature
or psychopathic...it's a simple statement of fact.

> > Finally, these are fabulous fake nudes of the prominent women of FIREFLY. No
> > hardcore, but a lot of splendid nudity, none which is real. Don't click the
> > link if such stuff offends you in any way, and no disrespect is meant to the
> > actresses, who are beloved by fans on and off the screen.
>
> Do you have the copyright of these images? If you do not have copyright
> over these images, perhaps as a lawyer you could explain to us why what
> you are doing is not illegal? It can hardly be considered fair use.

*sigh* Y'know, it's all well and good that you are nobly defending the
copyright laws of our country...but I get the impression that you're
more concerned with smearing egg on AB than you are with preserving
nudity copyright.

Chill Out, people. Enjoy life. And if you read something on USENET
that's not your cup of tea, quite reading it rather than blasting off a
bunch of posts about "How *DARE* people post messages that I'm not
interested in!!!!".

David Buchner

Apr 11, 2006, 5:31:30 PM4/11/06
MTKnife <mtk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "How *DARE* people post messages that I'm not
> interested in!!!!".

That ought to be engraved over the USENET entrance.

:-)

P. Burrows

Apr 14, 2006, 5:07:25 AM4/14/06
In article <1144773486....@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
MTKnife says...

>I'm not really sure what are 'legitimate' complaints. I've read AB's
>FAQ. I don't see how it's so objectionable.

Its simply off topic in groups which are not firefly related.

>And, truth be told, AB (and any other poster on USENET) *is* allowed to
>do (i.e. post) what they want, unless the NG in question is moderated.
> It's not immature or psychopathic...it's a simple statement of fact.

It would say it is immature and psychopathic, human societies are build
by concensus and the wast majority agree that usenet functions better
when it is sorted into groups with topics.

>> Do you have the copyright of these images? If you do not have
copyright
>> over these images, perhaps as a lawyer you could explain to us why
what
>> you are doing is not illegal? It can hardly be considered fair use.

>*sigh* Y'know, it's all well and good that you are nobly defending the
>copyright laws of our country...

I'm not. I'm pointing out its not overly credible to have someone
claiming to be a lawyer when they show such continued disregard for the
law.

>but I get the impression that you're more concerned with smearing egg

Your use of the phrase "smearing egg" is manipulative in that it
suggests that I'm fabricating things against an innocent person. I'm
stating my opinion on his behavior.

>on AB than you are with preserving nudity copyright.

I couldn't care less about "preserving nudity copyright" - If you
thought that was the point of the words strung together might one
respectfully suggest you attend a reading comprehension class?

AssBug

Apr 14, 2006, 12:30:18 PM4/14/06
In article <MPG.1ea984b4b...@news.usenetserver.com>, P.
Burrows <he_h@privacy_Starfleet.net> smeared egg:

> >but I get the impression that you're more concerned with smearing egg
>
> Your use of the phrase "smearing egg" is manipulative in that it
> suggests that I'm fabricating things against an innocent person. I'm
> stating my opinion on his behavior.
>
> >on AB than you are with preserving nudity copyright.
>
> I couldn't care less about "preserving nudity copyright" - If you
> thought that was the point of the words strung together might one
> respectfully suggest you attend a reading comprehension class?

It seems to me (Just to do a little egg smearing here) that AB and his
apologists all seem to have problems in comprehending the English
language. It's like they recognize certain words and ignore the rest.
But then again, it is the great and mighty knower of all things. And
his minion. Who are mere mortals to point out the obvious?

John Coxon

Apr 16, 2006, 4:41:59 AM4/16/06
On 14/04/2006 10:07, P. Burrows wrote:

> In article <1144773486....@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
> MTKnife says...
>
>> I'm not really sure what are 'legitimate' complaints. I've read AB's
>> FAQ. I don't see how it's so objectionable.
>
> Its simply off topic in groups which are not firefly related.

I agree, it is, and if he's been asked not to, he shouldn't post it in
groups in which it is considered to be off topic. Having said that, a
failure to do so doesn't excuse a protracted hate campaign such as that
offered by AssBug/Waffler
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592 (or
whatever his latest name is).

>> And, truth be told, AB (and any other poster on USENET) *is* allowed to
>> do (i.e. post) what they want, unless the NG in question is moderated.
>> It's not immature or psychopathic...it's a simple statement of fact.
>
> It would say it is immature and psychopathic, human societies are build
> by concensus and the wast majority agree that usenet functions better
> when it is sorted into groups with topics.

If you feel AB's actions are "psychopathic" just because he crossposts
one FAQ, then you need to take the reading comprehension classes, I'm
afraid. Either that or a medical course. Or a class in stress and/or
anger management. Or all three of those.

--
John Coxon
ZZ9 Secretary - http://www.zz9.org/

"<Screwtape> catherinemaryonslowrutabagahowardquincydelacour.
* catherinemaryonslow is now known as cat
<Screwtape> THATS NOT WHAT I SAID" - #afda

P. Burrows

Apr 16, 2006, 6:56:04 AM4/16/06
In article <4aeeakF...@individual.net>, john....@gmail.com says...

> On 14/04/2006 10:07, P. Burrows wrote:
>
> > In article <1144773486....@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
> > MTKnife says...
> >
> >> I'm not really sure what are 'legitimate' complaints. I've read AB's
> >> FAQ. I don't see how it's so objectionable.
> >
> > Its simply off topic in groups which are not firefly related.
>
> I agree, it is, and if he's been asked not to, he shouldn't post it in
> groups in which it is considered to be off topic. Having said that, a
> failure to do so doesn't excuse a protracted hate campaign such as that
> offered by AssBug/Waffler
> 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592 (or
> whatever his latest name is).

Indeed, someone appears to get carried away.

> >> And, truth be told, AB (and any other poster on USENET) *is* allowed to
> >> do (i.e. post) what they want, unless the NG in question is moderated.
> >> It's not immature or psychopathic...it's a simple statement of fact.
> >
> > It would say it is immature and psychopathic, human societies are build
> > by concensus and the wast majority agree that usenet functions better
> > when it is sorted into groups with topics.
>
> If you feel AB's actions are "psychopathic" just because he crossposts
> one FAQ, then you need to take the reading comprehension classes, I'm
> afraid. Either that or a medical course.

Or neither. He shows aggressive behavior to a lot of people, ignores
what others say even when they are quite polite, shows no remorse or
comprehension when others feel he has done something wrong, those would
appear to be psychopathic traits - though of course I didn't claim it
was a medical diagnosis - just a personal observation.

> Or a class in stress and/or anger management.

Given that I'm not stressed or angry, that would seem a waste of time
and money.

Beth

Apr 16, 2006, 8:53:18 AM4/16/06

I don't bother about the FAQ posing as others do, but I wonder how they
would react if AB used the FAQ url as his sig line?

Just a thought.

--
Beth

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog it is too
dark to read.
Groucho Marx

AssBug

Apr 16, 2006, 2:59:04 PM4/16/06
In article <4aeeakF...@individual.net>, John Coxon
<john....@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 14/04/2006 10:07, P. Burrows wrote:
>
> > In article <1144773486....@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
> > MTKnife says...
> >
> >> I'm not really sure what are 'legitimate' complaints. I've read AB's
> >> FAQ. I don't see how it's so objectionable.
> >
> > Its simply off topic in groups which are not firefly related.
>
> I agree, it is, and if he's been asked not to, he shouldn't post it in
> groups in which it is considered to be off topic. Having said that, a
> failure to do so doesn't excuse a protracted hate campaign such as that
> offered by AssBug/Waffler
> 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592 (or
> whatever his latest name is).

Are you serious? In your world, people need an excuse to be nasty to
people that have been nasty to them? What's YOUR excuse?

By the way, John, the chances are better that you are AB's sock puppet,
than I am Waffler. Just because two people are really pissed off at a
horses ass on the internet doesn't make them the same person, just in
agreement. By that kind of figuring that would make you an asshole
lawyer who is REALLY into Ayn Rand.

> >> And, truth be told, AB (and any other poster on USENET) *is* allowed to
> >> do (i.e. post) what they want, unless the NG in question is moderated.
> >> It's not immature or psychopathic...it's a simple statement of fact.
> >
> > It would say it is immature and psychopathic, human societies are build
> > by concensus and the wast majority agree that usenet functions better
> > when it is sorted into groups with topics.
>
> If you feel AB's actions are "psychopathic" just because he crossposts
> one FAQ,

Have you been paying attention? One FAQ?

> then you need to take the reading comprehension classes, I'm
> afraid. Either that or a medical course. Or a class in stress and/or
> anger management. Or all three of those.

On the other hand, you could stand to get a clue. Seriously. Have you
looked in a mirror recently? And do you understand what the term
"looking into a mirror" means?

John Coxon

Apr 16, 2006, 4:57:26 PM4/16/06
I really can't be bothered replying. As far as I can tell, this
newsgroup merely contains off-topic rambling about sci-fi which is
barely related to Firefly and arguments between wankers, at least one of
whom can't even keep his name and e-mail address static between posts.

It's time I left and persued newsgroups which are worth reading.

I have to say that if it wasn't for a bunch of people kicking up a fuss
over a single fucking FAQ, this newsgroup would still be an enjoyable
read, as it was in the month or so before the movie came out. Anybody
looking for information on Firefly will be vastly put off by this
newsgroup, so if you liked Firefly or had any desire to see it sell well
in stores, you wouldn't be arguing.

As such, I recommend you get out, since if you don't like Firefly, this
is the wrong place for you. You can't change Atlas' crossposting
habits, and just hanging around here to take the piss out of him isn't
constructive.

And don't pretend you input anything else which is meaningful, since
most of the posts by you which I have had the misfortune to read simply
exclaim as to how clever everybody else is, and to how glad you are at
the level of intelligent debate, from which you promptly detract.

Good day to you. Have a pleasant evening.

--
John Coxon
ZZ9 Secretary - http://www.zz9.org/

"Yet again proving how invaluable the towel is the the hitchhiker!
Should you chance to meet a Dark Jedi in your space travels, just wrap
your towel around his head and it will instantly sound like he is
ordering a Danish dessert and he will shrivel up and die from
embarrassment!" - Gusty (afdaniain)

Ian Galbraith

Apr 16, 2006, 6:39:26 PM4/16/06
On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 21:57:26 +0100, John Coxon wrote:

[snip]

> I have to say that if it wasn't for a bunch of people kicking up a fuss
> over a single fucking FAQ,

FFS you've been told its about more than that, use google if you don't
believe it.

[snip]

--
You Can't Stop The Signal

AssBug

Apr 16, 2006, 8:17:53 PM4/16/06
In article <4afpdmF...@individual.net>, John Coxon
<john....@gmail.com> wrote:

> I really can't be bothered replying.

He replied...

> As far as I can tell, this
> newsgroup merely contains off-topic rambling about sci-fi which is
> barely related to Firefly and arguments between wankers, at least one of
> whom can't even keep his name and e-mail address static between posts.

Yup, pretty much ever since The Ass Bug discovered it and chased off
everyone that disagreed with him...

> It's time I left and persued newsgroups which are worth reading.

Don't let the door...(you know the rest) Can you take The AssBug with
you? Then maybe some of the old timer, INTERESTING people may come
back.

> I have to say that if it wasn't for a bunch of people kicking up a fuss
> over a single fucking FAQ, this newsgroup would still be an enjoyable
> read, as it was in the month or so before the movie came out.

You should have seen it during the "broadcast" years. And on the
release of the series DVDs. A pretty interesting place. That is pretty
much all gone now.

> Anybody
> looking for information on Firefly will be vastly put off by this
> newsgroup, so if you liked Firefly or had any desire to see it sell well
> in stores, you wouldn't be arguing.

It does take more than one to carry on an argument, me bucko. And if
anyone, other than The AssBug and/or his sycophants, wants to actually
talk about Firefly or Serenity, I'm sure that there are still some
people around that are eager to discuss it.

> As such, I recommend you get out,

I think I'll stay.

> since if you don't like Firefly,

Interesting. And how did you come up with this brain fart? Are you a
Medium? Or just Well Done?

> this
> is the wrong place for you. You can't change Atlas' crossposting
> habits, and just hanging around here to take the piss out of him isn't
> constructive.

Seriously, why in HELL would people hang around here to be
CONSTRUCTIVE? This is a place to (theoretically) discuss Firefly, not
change the world. For that, you need to go to alt.change.the_world

> And don't pretend you input anything else which is meaningful,

See the part above, about "changing the world." I don't "pretend" to be
anything more than my words.

> since
> most of the posts by you which I have had the misfortune to read simply
> exclaim as to how clever everybody else is,

Don't recognise sarcasm, huh?

> and to how glad you are at
> the level of intelligent debate, from which you promptly detract.

OOPS! Comprehension level just went to ZERO. Was that line SUPPOSED to
be "fancy word gibberish?"

> Good day to you. Have a pleasant evening.

Thank you!

(See, sarcasm! You pretend to be nice, and I pretend to believe you.)

MTKnife

Apr 17, 2006, 11:02:43 AM4/17/06

P. Burrows wrote:
> In article <1144773486....@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
> MTKnife says...
>
> >I'm not really sure what are 'legitimate' complaints. I've read AB's
> >FAQ. I don't see how it's so objectionable.
>
> Its simply off topic in groups which are not firefly related.

Just out of curiousity, what groups did he cross-post into? And if he
did cross-post into a group where it'd be off-topic, why are we
discussing it here in a.t.f and not in the offended NG?

> >And, truth be told, AB (and any other poster on USENET) *is* allowed to
> >do (i.e. post) what they want, unless the NG in question is moderated.
> > It's not immature or psychopathic...it's a simple statement of fact.
>
> It would say it is immature and psychopathic, human societies are build
> by concensus and the wast majority agree that usenet functions better
> when it is sorted into groups with topics.

I should put 'immature and psychopathic' in quotes like so, since i
really believe these terms are hyperbolic in the current context. Just
because someone doesn't use a particular group sorting does not make
him a psychopath.

> >> Do you have the copyright of these images? If you do not have
> copyright
> >> over these images, perhaps as a lawyer you could explain to us why
> what
> >> you are doing is not illegal? It can hardly be considered fair use.
>
> >*sigh* Y'know, it's all well and good that you are nobly defending the
> >copyright laws of our country...
>
> I'm not. I'm pointing out its not overly credible to have someone
> claiming to be a lawyer when they show such continued disregard for the
> law.

Lawyers argue the meanings of law all the time...its their job. Just
because someone argues that a law doesn't mean what you think it means
(in this case, copyright law) isn't evidence against them having an
education.

Or, in other words, thinking people who disagree with you are idiots
does not make it so.

> >but I get the impression that you're more concerned with smearing egg
>
> Your use of the phrase "smearing egg" is manipulative in that it
> suggests that I'm fabricating things against an innocent person. I'm
> stating my opinion on his behavior.

Uh-huh. Just like the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth were 'just stating
their opinion' of John Kerry.

It's my opinion that you're mudslinging AB. Mudslinging, or smearing
egg, et al, doesn't require fabrication...indeed, you're trying to
shame him on things that can be proven done. That doesn't change the
fact that you're trying to portray AB in a negative light.

> >on AB than you are with preserving nudity copyright.
>
> I couldn't care less about "preserving nudity copyright" - If you
> thought that was the point of the words strung together might one
> respectfully suggest you attend a reading comprehension class?

Oh, I think I'm comprehending your missive quite fine, thank you. And,
if you read what *I* said, you'd find I don't think you give a damn
about copyright issues. You just want to take AB down several pegs.

Makes no difference. All you're doing is yet another trash talk
session in the electronic version of pro-wrestling style drama that is
USENET.

AssBug

Apr 17, 2006, 11:36:40 AM4/17/06
In article <1145286163....@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
MTKnife <mtk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > It would say it is immature and psychopathic, human societies are build
> > by concensus and the wast majority agree that usenet functions better
> > when it is sorted into groups with topics.
>
> I should put 'immature and psychopathic' in quotes like so, since i
> really believe these terms are hyperbolic in the current context. Just
> because someone doesn't use a particular group sorting does not make
> him a psychopath.

This has been a "discussion" (an exchange of ideas and OPINIONS), not a
scientific dissertation. Quotations is merely something that IN YOUR
OPINION (see how I CAPITALLIZED that for emphasis?) you would have
used. In plenty of "opposing opinions" the afore mentioned AB IS
"immature and psychopathic" BY definitions, as shown in his ACTUAL
posts. He is also an "Asshole." That is MY opinion.

(I love how the Dorm Lawyers love to pick apart "opposing statements"
with arguments about definition, rather than come up with actual
substantial and thoughtful replies.

Atlasbugged

Apr 17, 2006, 4:03:53 PM4/17/06

> Just out of curiousity, what groups did he cross-post into? And if he
> did cross-post into a group where it'd be off-topic, why are we
> discussing it here in a.t.f and not in the offended NG?

Just FYI, I've had the same name and e-mail for years now. This twit
rotates his so he can't be killfiled. You can lose me with two clicks, but
Burrows forces everyone to tolerate his drool.

Nymshifting is probably as inconsiderate as it gets on Usenet. I urge
everyone to never, ever respond to this guy, it's the one sure cure for such
trolls. Even this very post is food for the doofus, but there's always new
participants here, and they don't know.

Here, check his mymshifts:
http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=8IZ0tREAAAC8BC5Mh3aylhttiqpguh03IZ6HvvJW0y4Pue0pYgAOJQ&hl=en
http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=VguHBA4AAADs7HJltCRTWfvJM7i_iyrZ&hl=en
http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=AknEhxAAAABoz3jEfTQhYdYKBp5hfBTR&hl=en
http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=wCbiWxIAAABaTUsWXKTOfNkZmlfC5PT6ji1nkffzf06x-V45DDHsXw&hl=en
http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=poztDBoAAABAAbau82q0BK6YA3mpCqnyfJFW8PqYKtcYs9xjDtIRjQ&hl=en
http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=poztDBoAAABAAbau82q0BK6YA3mpCqnyfJFW8PqYKtcYs9xjDtIRjQ&hl=en

There's more, at least twice as many if you look. My all-time favorite post
of his is where he disses Flipper Mike for....nymshifting:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.tv.stargate-sg1/msg/a9307fa23abb0078?hl=en&

Wafflerr

Apr 18, 2006, 1:17:12 AM4/18/06
"MTKnife" <mtk...@gmail.com> wrote in

> Just out of curiousity, what groups did he cross-post into? And if he
> did cross-post into a group where it'd be off-topic, why are we
> discussing it here in a.t.f and not in the offended NG?

alt.tv.stargate-sg1
alt.tv.stargate-atlantis
alt.tv.battlestar-galactica
rec.sports.wrestling
rec.arts.sf.movies
alt.tv.surface
and even once in alt.godzilla
are a few of them

then you can also view a few threads here where he was asked by many people
to stop posting the FAQ, and he uses every excuse in the book to tell them
he has every right to do what he wants.

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=&num=100&scoring=r&hl=en&as_epq=&as_oq
=&as_eq=&as_ugroup=&as_usubject=SERENITY%2FFIREFLY+FAQ&as_uauthors=&lr=&as_
drrb=q&as_qdr=&as_mind=1&as_minm=1&as_miny=1981&as_maxd=18&as_maxm=4&as_max
y=2006&safe=off

or for wrap impaired http://tinyurl.com/qks5j

Atlas Bugged

Apr 18, 2006, 6:20:30 AM4/18/06

"Wafflerr" <waff...@yeayousuck.com> wrote in message

Atlas Bugged

Apr 18, 2006, 6:20:41 AM4/18/06

Atlas Bugged

Apr 18, 2006, 6:31:01 AM4/18/06
"Wafflerr" <waff...@yeayousuck.com> wrote in message

Oh, look, it's "Wafflerr" with two r's now, a new identity with each post.

In law, the one thing that is always relevant is whether soneone's a liar.
This one can't even keep his name straight.

All that follows is the usual lies and half-truths. I hate liars. Since
you can't killfile this jerkoff, I recommend writing him at his real address
to let him know if you too hate liars. He's at love...@gawab.com.
Posting here is probably unwise because it encourages him.

This threads ends now, at least for me. Thanks to all those who tuned in.

MTKnife

Apr 18, 2006, 10:02:22 AM4/18/06

AssBug wrote:

> This has been a "discussion" (an exchange of ideas and OPINIONS), not a
> scientific dissertation. Quotations is merely something that IN YOUR
> OPINION (see how I CAPITALLIZED that for emphasis?) you would have
> used. In plenty of "opposing opinions" the afore mentioned AB IS
> "immature and psychopathic" BY definitions, as shown in his ACTUAL
> posts. He is also an "Asshole." That is MY opinion.
>
> (I love how the Dorm Lawyers love to pick apart "opposing statements"
> with arguments about definition, rather than come up with actual
> substantial and thoughtful replies.

Uh-huh. Because calling someone an immature psychopathic asshole is
*such* a substantial and thoughtful post...

Y'all need to breathe in the brown paper bag for a bit. Consider the
following equation:

Crossposting a FAQ != End of the World

P. Burrows

Apr 18, 2006, 11:33:07 AM4/18/06
In article <JwS0g.240373$fd3....@fe06.news.easynews.com>,
atlasbug...@gmail.com says...

> "MTKnife" <mtk...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Nymshifting is probably as inconsiderate as it gets on Usenet.

Nymshifting? I'm not really up on school yard slang, is it related to
saying something rude and then killfiling people before they can reply?

> Here, check his mymshifts:

Except most of these are not me (perhaps other people you have annoyed?)
Also note, that runs privacy.net urges people to use the m...@privacy.net
as a spam eater - so thousands, perhaps more are using it.

P. Burrows

Apr 18, 2006, 11:47:08 AM4/18/06
In article <1145286163....@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
mtk...@gmail.com says...

> P. Burrows wrote:
> > In article <1144773486....@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
> > MTKnife says...
> >
> > >I'm not really sure what are 'legitimate' complaints. I've read AB's
> > >FAQ. I don't see how it's so objectionable.
> >
> > Its simply off topic in groups which are not firefly related.
>
> Just out of curiousity, what groups did he cross-post into? And if he
> did cross-post into a group where it'd be off-topic, why are we
> discussing it here in a.t.f and not in the offended NG?

Don't remember, stargate and battlestar galactica was amont them,
however I'm not really disgussing "it" anymore, i was simply defending
myself - however now that AB has started to post lies about me, I guess
its time to do something more constructive - and Firefly is, alas, way
over by now.

> > >And, truth be told, AB (and any other poster on USENET) *is* allowed to
> > >do (i.e. post) what they want, unless the NG in question is moderated.
> > > It's not immature or psychopathic...it's a simple statement of fact.
> >
> > It would say it is immature and psychopathic, human societies are build
> > by concensus and the wast majority agree that usenet functions better
> > when it is sorted into groups with topics.
>
> I should put 'immature and psychopathic' in quotes like so, since i
> really believe these terms are hyperbolic in the current context.

Well, I wouldn't since that seems to indicate I don't mean it, and I do
- even though its obviously not a medical diagnoisis - which I haven't
claimed either.

> Just because someone doesn't use a particular group sorting does not make
> him a psychopath.

I think people have told you that its not "just because" of that, its
many things - though you are clearly not interested.

> > copyright
> > what
> >
> > >*sigh* Y'know, it's all well and good that you are nobly defending the
> > >copyright laws of our country...
> >
> > I'm not. I'm pointing out its not overly credible to have someone
> > claiming to be a lawyer when they show such continued disregard for the
> > law.
>
> Lawyers argue the meanings of law all the time...its their job.

Not quite, though it would be interesting to see the argument which wins
a case for being able to ignore tons of copyright violations. To post a
link when that happens.

> Just
> because someone argues that a law doesn't mean what you think it means
> (in this case, copyright law) isn't evidence against them having an
> education.

I haven't heard any argument, except that he thinks he is allowed to do
what he pleases - including, as i see it, breaking the law - which would
be immediate disbarment. Having a written langauge which seems at home
in the gutter, totally disrespecting other points of view, always trying
to kill file people to have the last word and ignoring anyone who dares
suggest that perhaps he did something just a little bit wrong does
suggest that to me.

> Or, in other words, thinking people who disagree with you are idiots
> does not make it so.

I agree - but AB does not - which is why i think he wasn't overburdened
by an overabundance of schooling.

> > >but I get the impression that you're more concerned with smearing egg
> >
> > Your use of the phrase "smearing egg" is manipulative in that it
> > suggests that I'm fabricating things against an innocent person. I'm
> > stating my opinion on his behavior.
>
> Uh-huh. Just like the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth were 'just stating
> their opinion' of John Kerry.

Not, mix other people into this - its not relevant.

> It's my opinion that you're mudslinging AB. Mudslinging, or smearing
> egg, et al, doesn't require fabrication...

It does according to some dictionaries.

>indeed, you're trying to
> shame him on things that can be proven done. That doesn't change the
> fact that you're trying to portray AB in a negative light.

I was originally trying to get him to behave in an adult fashion, but it
would be evident that I think he is behaving in a rude and bulling
fashion.

> > >on AB than you are with preserving nudity copyright.
> >
> > I couldn't care less about "preserving nudity copyright" - If you
> > thought that was the point of the words strung together might one
> > respectfully suggest you attend a reading comprehension class?
>
> Oh, I think I'm comprehending your missive quite fine, thank you. And,
> if you read what *I* said,

I did. What you mean to write is "if you guess what i ment when i wrote
something else".

>You just want to take AB down several pegs.

No, I just wished he would stop acting anti socially and lying about
people.

> Makes no difference. All you're doing is yet another trash talk
> session in the electronic version of pro-wrestling style drama that is
> USENET.

Indeed. He isn't interested in debate, and neither are you. This is an
utter waste of time. So goodbye and good luck (and remember when some
other person gets pissed of at his psychotic behvoir, and Ab tells you
that its really me under a new name - that's another lie)

DanTXD

Apr 18, 2006, 11:56:48 AM4/18/06
"Waffler 3.0" <guar...@assfucker.com> wrote in message

<snip load of crap>

You've never had even a little sex have you?

--
Dan

AssBug

Apr 18, 2006, 11:59:53 AM4/18/06
In article <1145368942....@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
MTKnife <mtk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> AssBug wrote:
>
> > This has been a "discussion" (an exchange of ideas and OPINIONS), not a
> > scientific dissertation. Quotations is merely something that IN YOUR
> > OPINION (see how I CAPITALLIZED that for emphasis?) you would have
> > used. In plenty of "opposing opinions" the afore mentioned AB IS
> > "immature and psychopathic" BY definitions, as shown in his ACTUAL
> > posts. He is also an "Asshole." That is MY opinion.
> >
> > (I love how the Dorm Lawyers love to pick apart "opposing statements"
> > with arguments about definition, rather than come up with actual
> > substantial and thoughtful replies.
>
> Uh-huh. Because calling someone an immature psychopathic asshole is
> *such* a substantial and thoughtful post...

As opposed to stomping your foot and exclaiming "NO HE ISN'T!"?

> Y'all need to breathe in the brown paper bag for a bit.

Y'all need to extricate yer head out'n yer ass. See, I can talk
made-up redneck, too.

> Consider the
> following equation:

Gollie Moses, Mudhead! Ain't we got enough Math over in the OTHER post?

> Crossposting a FAQ != End of the World

Talk about reading level of incomprehension! Here is a clue. Where in
the above by ME, AssBug, do I even mention FAQ. Go ahead, check, I'll
wait.

The point here (try to keep up) Is that Your Buddie, The AssBug, is a
psychopathic asshole, NOT that, as a psychopathic asshole, he
crossposts "his" FAQ to such meaningful places such as WRESTLING
GROUPS.

See, psychopathic asshole is what he is.

One of the things that he does to prove that he is a psychopathic
asshole is to make a psychopathic asshole pest of himself in diverse
uncaring newsgroups, thereby destroying the street cred of BOTH Firefly
fans and Libertarians, IN THESE GROUPS.

It is not so much what he does as what he is. Because, you see, if he
wasn't a psychopathic asshole, he wouldn't be doing such psychopathic
asshole things.

Comprehende compadre? (SEE! I can use regional slang TOO!)

MTKnife

Apr 18, 2006, 1:23:41 PM4/18/06

*sigh* You're reminding me forcibly of the reasons why I avoided
Usenet in the past. If it weren't for the fact that Google Groups is
about the only thing my company allows me to access....

Not that this hasn't happened before to you, and not that the
implications of this are going to sink into your brain, and not that
you're going to stop posting until you have the last word, but I really
need to get this off my chest:

1) All of you (or y'all, which, astoundingly, actually gets used by
people *other* than yo' Alabama white trash mama) are blowing the 'sins
of AB' way out of proportion.

2) This thread has no merit, and I will not contribute to it
anymore...nor should you.

and 3)....

Oh, yeah. You're an idiot. Have a nice day.

AssBug

Apr 18, 2006, 3:16:36 PM4/18/06
In article <1145381021.8...@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
MTKnife <mtk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> AssBug wrote:
> > In article <1145368942....@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,

> > Comprehende compadre? (SEE! I can use regional slang TOO!)
>
> *sigh* You're reminding me forcibly of the reasons why I avoided
> Usenet in the past.

Glad to be of service.

> If it weren't for the fact that Google Groups is
> about the only thing my company allows me to access....

Seems to me, if you are the "responsible adult" that ypu claim to be,
that you would realize that using your company's internet connection
for other than official company business is not proper?

> Not that this hasn't happened before to you, and not that the
> implications of this are going to sink into your brain, and not that
> you're going to stop posting until you have the last word, but I really
> need to get this off my chest:

Hit me with "your best shot!"

> 1) All of you (or y'all, which, astoundingly, actually gets used by
> people *other* than yo' Alabama white trash mama)

Oh, GOLLIE GEE! Captain Mac! REALLY? Y'All don't say? Why, the internet
is not just a pleasant diversion, it is truly a Formal Ejikashun!

> are blowing the 'sins
> of AB' way out of proportion.

No, not at all. For you to be claiming this is the first clue that you
are either CLUELESS to AB's sparkling personality (sarcasm intended,
for those who miss such things), or, I don't know, sucking his tiny
uninspired member?

> 2) This thread has no merit, and I will not contribute to it
> anymore...nor should you.

I love having no merit. It is a perfect thing to have in the "alt'
groups.

> and 3)....
>
> Oh, yeah. You're an idiot. Have a nice day.

IS THAT THE BEST YOU CAN DO?! (To paraphrase what was obviously the
elas thing you heard after your last "Doing It" encounter. :0)=)

After such a massively witty put-down, how could I ever have anything
less than a "nice day?" Or am I not smart enough to understand?
Gollie!?

(Did I get "the last word" yet?)

AssBug

Apr 18, 2006, 3:16:38 PM4/18/06
In article <4akgi1F...@individual.net>, DanTXD <m...@privacy.net>
wrote:

Does "your Momma" count?

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

David Buchner

Apr 18, 2006, 3:35:47 PM4/18/06
MTKnife <mtk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> *sigh* You're reminding me forcibly of the reasons why I avoided
> Usenet in the past.

There's another way of dealing with it, and that's to simply avoid
certain posts or posters or threads. I'm not saying it's easy: sometimes
stuff screams out to be responded to and "set straight" -- but I've come
to believe that just shrugging off a lot of the obnoxious stuff makes it
more pleasant and saves valuable time.

MTKnife

Apr 18, 2006, 7:20:45 PM4/18/06

Thanks for the advice, David. My job has long spaces of empty time
waiting, where I need to occupy my mind with something. Google Groups
and Usenet give me the opportunity to talk about things I'm interested
in. But then you have, as it was years ago, the majority of posts
being obnoxious trash talk. And I can't help piping up in support of
people I feel are getting a bum rap...cause, like I say, I need
something to keep my attention up.

Yeah, bad reason for posting, I suppose. But at least there are people
who understand. It makes breaking away from trying to argue with the
chimps easier. You can't win an arguement with a chimp. In the end,
they'll just fling their feces and laugh. I'll try to stay away from
such topics....but I know inevitably, I won't be able to resist
responding. Such is life, I guess.

Atlas Bugged

Apr 18, 2006, 8:51:07 PM4/18/06

> Yeah, bad reason for posting, I suppose. But at least there are people
> who understand. It makes breaking away from trying to argue with the
> chimps easier. You can't win an arguement with a chimp. In the end,
> they'll just fling their feces and laugh. I'll try to stay away from
> such topics....but I know inevitably, I won't be able to resist
> responding. Such is life, I guess.

You need "Posters Anonymous," a 12 step program for people who cannot help
posting. You must surrender to both the Usenet God and His Noodly
Appendage. This is The Way, and you will find salvation.
http://www.venganza.org/

AssBug

Apr 18, 2006, 9:37:34 PM4/18/06
In article <1145402445....@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com>,
MTKnife <mtk...@gmail.com> wrote:

HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE! <splat!>

Lio Convoy

Apr 20, 2006, 4:31:26 PM4/20/06
P. Burrows <me...@ilprivacy.06> wrote in

> I haven't heard any argument, except that he thinks he is allowed to do
> what he pleases - including, as i see it, breaking the law - which would
> be immediate disbarment. Having a written langauge which seems at home
> in the gutter, totally disrespecting other points of view, always trying
> to kill file people to have the last word and ignoring anyone who dares
> suggest that perhaps he did something just a little bit wrong does
> suggest that to me.

I've stayed out of this thread until today, when I noticed Atlas posted
something in the BSG group. Didn't have anything to do with the thread,
just a bash on myself when I have left the dick alone.

That basically proves P.Burrows's comment above. AB thinks he has the right
to harass other people, but when somebody points out something to him that
he is doing wrong, he can never be wrong.

Here's the post he made in ATBSG, and then I'm done with this single post
in the thread, also note the nymshift he uses as Atlasbugged to get past
killfiles (which he claims not to do).

From: "Atlas Bugged" <atlasbug...@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.battlestar-galactica
Subject: Re: BSG Prime Directive
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 08:26:25 -0400

"Bob" <sp...@uce.gov> wrote in message
> Good riddance. Just you be sure to stay killfiled, you hear.

Lio is a major ass I had to killfile half a year ago. But the important
thing about him and his ilk is that they killfile merely to silence views
they don't like, not to prevent spam, or some such. You don't have to
killfile Johnboy, even if our disagreements are profound.

I am not completely above that, however. After all, some KKK-style jerk
spewing his shit may have a fraction of actual content, but I just don't
like him. But guys like Lio are just an internet version of hate-mongers,
low-IQ's, and closed-minders.

Then they separate into two groups. Once I killfiled Lio, I never saw him
anymore. There's a far lower breed about which rotates their ID's (and
probably falsifies others) so you can't killfile them. This group is
either
7 years old or never moved mentally beyond 7 years old. But they remain
rude, annoying Usenet plagues.

>>If I want to hear O'Reilly/Limbaugh type
>>propaganda, I'll watch them.
>
> You are far too dull to understand what these people have to say.

Lio is rather dull. Before killfiling him, I googled up his past posts and
reviewed them for content. The conclusion was that....Lio is rather dull.

Of course, you do need to realize that O'Reilly and Limbaugh are indeed
rather disgusting. The latter advocated putting drug users in prison while
swallowing handfulls of Vicoden in order to make it to the studio. And if
O'Reilly hs any consistent or rational philosophy he holds, I have yet to
locate it.

AssBug

Apr 20, 2006, 5:07:45 PM4/20/06
In article <Xns97ABA01CF58BBli...@69.28.186.121>, Lio
Convoy <lioc...@iwonttellyou.com> wrote:

> I've stayed out of this thread until today, when I noticed Atlas posted
> something in the BSG group. Didn't have anything to do with the thread,
> just a bash on myself when I have left the dick alone.
>
> That basically proves P.Burrows's comment above. AB thinks he has the right
> to harass other people, but when somebody points out something to him that
> he is doing wrong, he can never be wrong.
>
> Here's the post he made in ATBSG, and then I'm done with this single post
> in the thread, also note the nymshift he uses as Atlasbugged to get past
> killfiles (which he claims not to do).

(The AssBugs post: )

> Lio is a major ass I had to killfile half a year ago.

A HALF A YEAR AGO!!! Six months down and the asshole is STILL harping
on his enemys list! Does that sould Mature and Non-psychotic to
ANYBODY?

> But the important
> thing about him and his ilk is that they killfile merely to silence views
> they don't like, not to prevent spam, or some such. You don't have to
> killfile Johnboy, even if our disagreements are profound.

Is he saying that he only killfiles for SPAMMERS? Or is he saying that
when other people killfile him, it is wrong, but when HE does it, it's
the RIGHT thing to do? That's not psychotic, huh?

> I am not completely above that, however. After all, some KKK-style jerk
> spewing his shit may have a fraction of actual content, but I just don't
> like him. But guys like Lio are just an internet version of hate-mongers,
> low-IQ's, and closed-minders.

As I've said, he must have been looking into a mirror when he typed
that last bit. Your understanding of his typewritten word may vary...

> Then they separate into two groups. Once I killfiled Lio, I never saw him
> anymore. There's a far lower breed about which rotates their ID's (and
> probably falsifies others) so you can't killfile them. This group is
> either
> 7 years old or never moved mentally beyond 7 years old. But they remain
> rude, annoying Usenet plagues.

But he STILL rags on someone he has killfiled SIX MONTHS AGO! What
upsets him more, people refusing to talk to him, or people who refuse
to stop talking to him? Let me add another Obvious condition,
schizophrenia.

But, hey, you defenders of AssBug, you Must Be Right, TOO. Assbug is
UNJUSTLY being picked on. Yeah, RIGHT.

MTKnife

Apr 20, 2006, 6:40:14 PM4/20/06

AssBug wrote:
> But he STILL rags on someone he has killfiled SIX MONTHS AGO! What
> upsets him more, people refusing to talk to him, or people who refuse
> to stop talking to him? Let me add another Obvious condition,
> schizophrenia.
>
> But, hey, you defenders of AssBug, you Must Be Right, TOO. Assbug is
> UNJUSTLY being picked on. Yeah, RIGHT.
>
> --
> I Have Spoken!
>
> AssBug
>
> /////////////
> I know everything, and you are wrong! I AM a lawyer!
> Yes, I am! Don't make me call my mommie!!

Oh, wait....wait....you're kidding? I just assumed your name was a
scatalogical reference to DCs Ambush Bug... But you *named* yourself
'AssBug"...which is what you use as a derogatory term of Atlas Bugged?

So, you basically named yourself for the purpose of deriding some guy
on Usenet??

BWAH-HAH-HAHAHAAH!!!!!! XD

I'm sorry....I know I said I wouldn't post anymore....But that's just
too totally pathetic. XD

AssBug

Apr 21, 2006, 1:42:20 AM4/21/06
In article <1145572814.2...@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com>,
MTKnife <mtk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> AssBug wrote:
> > But he STILL rags on someone he has killfiled SIX MONTHS AGO! What
> > upsets him more, people refusing to talk to him, or people who refuse
> > to stop talking to him? Let me add another Obvious condition,
> > schizophrenia.
> >
> > But, hey, you defenders of AssBug, you Must Be Right, TOO. Assbug is
> > UNJUSTLY being picked on. Yeah, RIGHT.
> >
> > --
> > I Have Spoken!
> >
> > AssBug
> >
> > /////////////
> > I know everything, and you are wrong! I AM a lawyer!
> > Yes, I am! Don't make me call my mommie!!
>
> Oh, wait....wait....you're kidding?

Technically, I believe it may be called "spoofing"

> I just assumed your name was a
> scatalogical reference to DCs Ambush Bug...

Big comic book fan are you? Somehow I am not surprised.

> But you *named* yourself
> 'AssBug"...which is what you use as a derogatory term of Atlas Bugged?

Are you just NOW figuring that out? Are you REALLY that stupid? So
MacTheKnife is NOT a reference to your sharpness, then?

> So, you basically named yourself for the purpose of deriding some guy
> on Usenet??

Oh, maybe you ARE "sharp."

Here's something else you probably haven't figured out: ASSBUG is not
my only "personality" See, in usenet, with A Lot of newsreaders, they
allow you to Use Different Names as the Fancy strikes. And before you
make an ass of yourself again, I am not Waffler. Unless you want me to
be?

> BWAH-HAH-HAHAHAAH!!!!!! XD

"BWA hah ha?" Are you pretending to laugh?

> I'm sorry....I know I said I wouldn't post anymore....But that's just
> too totally pathetic. XD

You would be the one to understand "pathetic."

MTKnife

Apr 24, 2006, 9:55:32 AM4/24/06

AssBug wrote:

> > So, you basically named yourself for the purpose of deriding some guy
> > on Usenet??
>
> Oh, maybe you ARE "sharp."
>
> Here's something else you probably haven't figured out: ASSBUG is not
> my only "personality" See, in usenet, with A Lot of newsreaders, they
> allow you to Use Different Names as the Fancy strikes. And before you
> make an ass of yourself again, I am not Waffler. Unless you want me to
> be?

Ah, so you're hiding behind a fake name to insult and deride someone
without them knowing who you really are. That's *much* less laughable,
beg pardon.

And who the hell is Waffler?

> > BWAH-HAH-HAHAHAAH!!!!!! XD
>
> "BWA hah ha?" Are you pretending to laugh?

As Wash would say, "Mine is an evil laugh!" Perhaps you prefer the
1337speak hackneyed OMG ROTFLMAO!!!!?

> > I'm sorry....I know I said I wouldn't post anymore....But that's just
> > too totally pathetic. XD
> >
> You would be the one to understand "pathetic."

...Annnnd the dreaded "I know you are, but what am I?" defense. You
really got me there.

Keep hiding behind your AssBug mask. I really don't think you want
people to know The Real You.

AssBug

Apr 24, 2006, 6:52:27 PM4/24/06
In article <1145886932.2...@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com>,
MTKnife <mtk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > So, you basically named yourself for the purpose of deriding some guy
> > > on Usenet??
> >
> > Oh, maybe you ARE "sharp."
> >
> > Here's something else you probably haven't figured out: ASSBUG is not
> > my only "personality" See, in usenet, with A Lot of newsreaders, they
> > allow you to Use Different Names as the Fancy strikes. And before you
> > make an ass of yourself again, I am not Waffler. Unless you want me to
> > be?
>
> Ah, so you're hiding behind a fake name to insult and deride someone
> without them knowing who you really are. That's *much* less laughable,
> beg pardon.

So, is your real last name TKnife, or just Knife? Just like Mr & Mrs
Bugged's son Atlas?

> And who the hell is Waffler?

How would I know? An old Batman villan?

> > > BWAH-HAH-HAHAHAAH!!!!!! XD
> >
> > "BWA hah ha?" Are you pretending to laugh?
>
> As Wash would say, "Mine is an evil laugh!" Perhaps you prefer the
> 1337speak hackneyed OMG ROTFLMAO!!!!?

The point would remain the same. You are pathetically attempting
sarcasm by pretending to laugh.

> > > I'm sorry....I know I said I wouldn't post anymore....But that's just
> > > too totally pathetic. XD
> > >
> > You would be the one to understand "pathetic."
>
> ...Annnnd the dreaded "I know you are, but what am I?" defense. You
> really got me there.

I know. That is why I used it. I suspected that you would not have any
kind of actual clever comeback. Because, well, you are pathetic!

> Keep hiding behind your AssBug mask.

As opposed to a "MYKnife" mask, you mean? I sort of see mine as a
"truth in advertising" kind of mask.

> I really don't think you want
> people to know The Real You.

I know that you probably wouldn't want to meet "the real" me. I mean,
what would we talk about?