Due South Season 3 Delayed again!

BRETNTRACI

Mar 18, 2004, 6:22:02 PM3/18/04
I found the following at tvshowsondvd.com

Due South - Season 3 POSTPONED!
Posted by Gord Lacey
"I just got off the phone with Alliance Atlantis and they informed me that
season 3 of Due South has been postponed due to music clearance issues. Because
of these legal issues they don't have a new release date for the set. Amazon.ca
still has the set up for sale which surprised the person I spoke with since
this set has been put on hold since early Feb."

Dwight Williams

Mar 22, 2004, 10:03:40 PM3/22/04

Which could mean anything from "we can't find musician 'x'" to "musician
'u' demanded fifty times what we can afford to pay". Correct?

--

Dwight Williams, Storyteller
Artist - _Evening Shift_ Comics for Arctic Star Studios

Sniper4632

Mar 23, 2004, 3:52:16 PM3/23/04
>From: ad...@freenet.carleton.ca (Dwight Williams)

>Which could mean anything from "we can't find musician 'x'" to "musician
>'u' demanded fifty times what we can afford to pay". Correct?

Or it could mean we are never going to get Due South released.

Newshawk

Mar 23, 2004, 8:14:06 PM3/23/04
"Sniper4632" <snipe...@aol.com> wrote in message

Or perhaps we'll see the music selections altered for the DVD release.

My bets are that the holdup is on the Dire Straits "Brothers in Arms" scene
in ICBAD, or possibly the Jackson Browne duet in Bounty Hunter.

Dwight Williams

Mar 23, 2004, 9:00:38 PM3/23/04

If the one's the end result of the other, I suppose so. I'd hope that
the music issues get dealt with in short and ethical order, in any case.

longshanks

Mar 23, 2004, 10:26:38 PM3/23/04
Newshawk wrote:

>Or perhaps we'll see the music selections altered for the DVD release.
>
>My bets are that the holdup is on the Dire Straits "Brothers in Arms" scene
>in ICBAD, or possibly the Jackson Browne duet in Bounty Hunter.

Much of the period music that was used in the Vietnam War series "Tour
of Duty" couldn't be used when the show went in to syndication, so they
replaced many, many songs with a generic soundtrack -- which,
admittedly, often sounded quite good, but, still, it wasn't the songs
from the '60's that were originally in the show. Canadian broadcasts of
"ToD" still have the Rolling Stones song "Paint It Black" as the opening
credits theme, but, I'm told that U.S. broadcasts have even replaced that.

In the case of "Due South", I suppose their obvious option, if they
can't use certain songs, would be to use Jay Semko guitar tracks, and
that wouldn't be a bad thing, but I still hope they can get the rights
for the songs they originally used.

Ed Wilson

--
-- It comes as a whisper a thousand miles wide and three thousand miles long...a gentle murmur...the quiet and stirring Voice Of The Prairie
-- Cottsweb, where it's always 1985: http://briancotts.tripod.com

Sniper4632

Mar 24, 2004, 10:27:44 AM3/24/04

>If the one's the end result of the other, I suppose so. I'd hope that
>the music issues get dealt with in short and ethical order, in any case.

That makes two of us...I would love to see S3 and S4 released before the end of
time. =)

scott

Mar 28, 2004, 6:50:29 AM3/28/04
Amazon.ca has now revised the release date to May 5, 2005 !!!!

Sprite

Apr 4, 2004, 4:39:59 PM4/4/04

"Newshawk" <news...@newshawk.on.ca> wrote in message

I would be really disappointed if it were "Brothers in Arms" - I absolutely
love that scene and I fell in love with the song as a result. It fits it so
perfectly, I couldn't imagine anything else working so well there!

--
Sue