Incredible short!

Ben Hallert

Aug 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/12/98
I just saw one of the most incredible segments on Dexter's Laboratory. In it,
the mother is deprived of her gloves and told to relax by her kids and husband.

This has to be one of the most perceptive looks into obsessive-compulsive
disorders I have ever seen. The creators of this show should be proud.

Wow...
--
/Ben Hallert/ChairBoy 13340687 Tenser said the Tensor. Tenser said the Tensor\
\DoD#2081 - <*> Be seeing you! Tension, apprehension and dissension have begun/

J. Villagomez

Aug 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/12/98
I liked that one. In fact I want to be just like her (Honest!). I wish I had
the energy and will power she had to just be so obsessive about cleaning,
but considering the way my family treats the house, I'd probably blow up a
brain vessel or something.

EatFlan

Aug 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/13/98
In article <35D25ABF...@mediaone.net>, Ben Hallert <hal...@mediaone.net>
writes:

>I just saw one of the most incredible segments on Dexter's Laboratory. In
>it,
>the mother is deprived of her gloves and told to relax by her kids and
>husband.
>
>This has to be one of the most perceptive looks into obsessive-compulsive
>disorders I have ever seen. The creators of this show should be proud.

That's the mothers day episode, right? Did you ever notice both his mom and dad
are seriously manic depressive? The mom is all sweet until her authority is
questioned and she totally flips out. The father also flips when things arent
going his way but always turns on a dime smiling "That's okay kids!" Or he's
starts crying and freaking out over silly things! Like being a former snowball
champ or being kept from those Muffins hey in that episode he got so violent he
kicked a squirrel in the nuts! (I couldn't resist that pun.)
Phil Esquire BGI/IFE
Checkerboard Kids www.newyorkers.com/ckids

J. Villagomez

Aug 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/14/98
HEY HEY! WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE! But I agree with you! I HATE THOSE GODDAMN
FLINSTONES! I NEVER LIKED THEM! The Flinstones and the Jetsons are why I
hated Hanna Barbera until Johnny Bravo, Cow and Chicken, and Dexter's
Laboratory. But they were just setting me up. I started hating Johnny Bravo
after Jungle Boy and the one where Johnny meets the Scooby Doo family was
the last straw, so I stopped watching that show. I'm still watching Dexter's
Laboratory, but it's really getting lousy. I read in this faq that the guy
was planning to make only a couple episodes, not as many as CN wanted, but
he should just quit now. He's replacing quality episodes with Hanna Barbera
crap like those two sTUPID SESAME STREET PUPPETS! Cow and Chicken, still
have no BEEF with them, but it's only long before cow and chicken starts
having the flinstones. I Hope someone bombs hanna barbera. Sailor Moon is
such a better cartoon. Sorry I had to say all of this, just hadtah let it
out.

--
GAMMAS (Gemini And Mathematic Militant Atheistic Scorpio) #1
Left Wing Chancellor
Kaolinite from Sailor Moon Super is SO GODDAMN EXOTIC EROTIC HOT!
"I have two jobs: one is to lead the Church and hold the priesthood. The
other is to raise the children. I let the men pick first." -God
"God bless America, because nobody else has." -Some playa hater
"Somebody else's junk is another's religion."
"Just Shoot Me." - NBC
"Just Sue Me." - AOL
"Just Moo Me." - Cow
"Just Screw Me." - All Theists
"Just Do Me." - Bill Clinton
"USA. The Cure for Insomnia." - USA Channel
"Boy, time does fly when you're reading.... THE BIBLE? Eeeewwww..." - Bart
Simpson
"SHUT THE F__K UP!" - Jesus Christ on Jesus and Pals
"Our Savior!" - Jesus Christ after Robert Smith destroyed Mecha Streisand

Steve Criddle

Aug 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/14/98
I believe it was Sam. who once wrote:

~ Anyway I haven't seen the episode, or indeed any episode all week,
~ because CARTOON NETWORK are putting the FLINSTONES on, all day, ALL
~ WEEK! No other cartoons at all! Just the FUCKING FLINTSTONES. Are they
~ trying to lose money? Are they trying to kill me?

I agree it's a stupid idea to put on one cartoon for a whole week.
Hell, I like Dexter, but an entire weeks worth would get a bit
tiresome.

But they did show 4 hours worth of Dexter in one go the previous week.
I'm hoping they do some more Marathon sessions, like they did back in
March.

Crid <*>
--
Steve Criddle - Hawkinge, Kent, England
http://www.criddle.demon.co.uk/

Steve Criddle

Aug 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/14/98
I believe it was J. Villagomez who once wrote:

~ HEY HEY! WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE! But I agree with you! I HATE THOSE GODDAMN
~ FLINSTONES! I NEVER LIKED THEM! The Flinstones and the Jetsons are why I
~ hated Hanna Barbera until Johnny Bravo, Cow and Chicken, and Dexter's
~ Laboratory. But they were just setting me up. I started hating Johnny Bravo
~ after Jungle Boy and the one where Johnny meets the Scooby Doo family was
~ the last straw, so I stopped watching that show.

I'm afraid I have to disagree. I'm no fan of the older HB stuff
(though I used to watch Scooby Doo as a kid). But I found the Johnny
Bravo/Scooby Doo crossover pretty funny because they were having a
real dig at Scooby Doo. All the business with Fred and Daphnie had me
laughing, and the multiple doors bit was funny when the wheelbarrow
went across on its own.

Dexter is my favourite toon on CN though, followed by Taz (which they
don't show NEARLY enough of) and Johnny Bravo.

I'm still puzzled by CN though. How do Hanna Barberra and Warner tie
in with Turner? I've noticed that the Warner shops have started
stocking HB stuff (though no Dexter stuff). Anybody know what's going
on?

Thor Harald Johansen

Aug 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/15/98
>I'm still puzzled by CN though. How do Hanna Barberra and Warner tie
>in with Turner? I've noticed that the Warner shops have started
>stocking HB stuff (though no Dexter stuff). Anybody know what's going

I'm kinda confused too....www.hanna-barbera.com (or was it
www.hannabarbera.com) points to Warner Bros Animation, but there's not HB
stuff there. I'm confused!

Thor Harald Johansen