Home many people did Barnabas murder?

Joe

Dec 12, 2008, 8:42:57 AM12/12/08

In the beginning he was a bad guy. Then a good guy. He murdered Jason
Maguire. How about his cousin Karl that was trapped in the crypt with
him that came running out saying "we are going to kill cousin barnabas
tonight". That was murder as Karl didnt do anything to deserve that.
One could argue that Angelique was not murder in the 1795 timeline.

Who else did he outright murder? Some may be called self defense like
getting rid of a ghost or something. Trask was murder. Or was it
Barnabas that did that. Havent seen the show in a long time.

Anim8rFSK

Dec 12, 2008, 9:44:41 AM12/12/08
In article <6cq4k45biboi8hrld...@4ax.com>,
Joe <skyki...@comcast.net> wrote:

Funny you should ask that; I read the first DS comic book last night.
Barnabas spends the issue running from place to place (fangs always
out), trying to kill people, but fails. Through one trick or another,
everybody ends up alive again at the end (I'm thinking maybe there was a
comic code thing that kept him from *successfully* murdering anyone).

Except for Trask; they showed him walling up Trask in a flashback.

--
Bad Reboot's 'Crap Trek' 2009: "No Shat, No Show"

Wind River

Dec 12, 2008, 9:50:56 AM12/12/08

He wasn't murdering them; he was giving them eternal life. Okay, maybe
not. Barnabas was pretty selfish. :)

Joe

Dec 12, 2008, 7:52:43 PM12/12/08

So what is the body count? A lot I bet.

FredHerring

Dec 12, 2008, 8:33:07 PM12/12/08
Among others: Barnabas as vigilante was responsible for stalking and
murdering Nathan Forbes and Sky Rumson.

--
Message posted using http://www.talkabouttelevision.com/group/alt.tv.dark_shadows/
More information at http://www.talkabouttelevision.com/faq.html

Joe

Dec 13, 2008, 6:57:13 AM12/13/08
On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 19:33:07 -0600, "FredHerring"
<fredhe...@cs.commode> wrote:

>Among others: Barnabas as vigilante was responsible for stalking and
>murdering Nathan Forbes and Sky Rumson.

Didnt he also kill some prostitutes in 1795? They were calling him
the Collinsport strangler.

FredHerring

Dec 13, 2008, 9:54:56 AM12/13/08
>Among others: Barnabas as vigilante was responsible for stalking and
>murdering Nathan Forbes and Sky Rumson.

>>Didnt he also kill some prostitutes in 1795? They were calling him
the Collinsport strangler. <<

Yes, Barnabas can also lay claim to being a serial ho'-killer. When Trask
invoked the ghosts of Barnabas' victims to pass sentence on Barnabas there
was already quite a large jury pool to choose from.

Also in Barnabas' death tally are his him-or-me fight to the death battles
with John Yeager and vampire Tom Jennings.

And credit Barnabas, too, with the vicious murder of Dave Woodard.

Joe

Dec 13, 2008, 9:49:39 PM12/13/08
On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 08:54:56 -0600, "FredHerring"
<fredhe...@cs.commode> wrote:

>>Among others: Barnabas as vigilante was responsible for stalking and
>>murdering Nathan Forbes and Sky Rumson.
>
>>>Didnt he also kill some prostitutes in 1795? They were calling him
>the Collinsport strangler. <<
>
>Yes, Barnabas can also lay claim to being a serial ho'-killer. When Trask
>invoked the ghosts of Barnabas' victims to pass sentence on Barnabas there
>was already quite a large jury pool to choose from.
>
>Also in Barnabas' death tally are his him-or-me fight to the death battles
>with John Yeager and vampire Tom Jennings.
>
>And credit Barnabas, too, with the vicious murder of Dave Woodard.

How did he kill Dave Woodard and why did he kill Dave? Oh was that
the guy that tried to trick him by saying he saw Sarah Collins?
Forgot the reason he was trying to do whatever. Would he have killed
Dave if he didnt mention Sarah?

vince garcia

Dec 14, 2008, 8:24:18 AM12/14/08

The Dr woodard murder really got me mad, just as it did Sarah.

{@-@}

Dec 14, 2008, 4:51:19 PM12/14/08

"Joe" <skyki...@comcast.net> wrote in message

I thought Julia Hoffman killed Dr Woodard. Didn't she inject him with
something?

Joe

Dec 14, 2008, 10:03:02 PM12/14/08

Been a long time but I think it was barnabas. Julia was supposed to
kill somebody with an injection but didnt go through with it.
Barn did actually kill him.

DivaM...@webtv.net

Dec 14, 2008, 11:38:15 PM12/14/08
Barnabas murdering prostitutes... would that make him Drac The Nipper?

Diva, apologizing in advance <g>

--

DivaMagenta @}{~~>~~~>~~~>~~~~~

"Religion is man's futile attempt to reach out to God, trying to earn
His favor. Christianity is the good news that God has reached out in
love to us through His Son, because He knows that our arms are not long
enough..."

My Homepage:
http://www.geocities.com/sistermagenta

My Dark Shadows Page:
http://community.webtv.net/DivaMagenta/DivasDarkShadowsPage

My Sha Na Na Page:
http://www.geocities.com/sistermagenta/shanana.html

Joe

Dec 15, 2008, 9:41:33 AM12/15/08
On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 20:38:15 -0800, DivaM...@webtv.net wrote:

>Barnabas murdering prostitutes... would that make him Drac The Nipper?
>
>Diva, apologizing in advance <g>

Or Drac the Sipper. Equally as bad.

Anim8rFSK

Dec 15, 2008, 8:53:02 AM12/15/08
In article <20938-494...@storefull-3153.bay.webtv.net>,
DivaM...@webtv.net wrote:

> Barnabas murdering prostitutes... would that make him Drac The Nipper?

That would be Baby Barnabas.

Tim

Dec 15, 2008, 1:18:53 PM12/15/08
Joe <skyki...@comcast.net> wrote in

Or equally as good! I was gonna use that one.

Speaking of vampires, though, has any "body" seen a recent Swedish vampire
flick called "Let the Right One In"? It is one twisted, kooky-spooky
romance! Any DS fan who isn't subtitles-impaired should check it out.

Tim
--
"People often ask me why I dress in black. I say
it's because nobody has invented anything darker."

DivaM...@webtv.net

Dec 15, 2008, 4:48:04 PM12/15/08
Thanks for the heads-up on "Let The Right One In," Tim! I checked out
some online articles about it, and it looks like a really intriguing
film, lots of great buzz about it.

Apparently, it will be relesed on DVD this spring, and they're already
doing an English-language remake.

Will definitely check it out when it comes to DVD (our small town only
has one 6-plex theatre and it's unlikely we'll get it here)

Diva

Joe

Dec 15, 2008, 7:19:32 PM12/15/08
On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:48:04 -0800, DivaM...@webtv.net wrote:

>Thanks for the heads-up on "Let The Right One In," Tim! I checked out
>some online articles about it, and it looks like a really intriguing
>film, lots of great buzz about it.
>
>Apparently, it will be relesed on DVD this spring, and they're already
>doing an English-language remake.
>
>Will definitely check it out when it comes to DVD (our small town only
>has one 6-plex theatre and it's unlikely we'll get it here)
>
>Diva

Can we now return to the question of how many people Barnabas
murdered? That does not include those that were killed in self
defense. Was he evil Barnabas or good Barnabas when he killed Dave
Woodard?

Tim

Dec 16, 2008, 1:21:37 AM12/16/08
DivaM...@webtv.net wrote in news:7723-4946D094-1006@storefull-
3151.bay.webtv.net:

> Thanks for the heads-up on "Let The Right One In," Tim! I checked out
> some online articles about it, and it looks like a really intriguing
> film, lots of great buzz about it.

There's a nice one minute clip from the movie over at the Internet Movie
Database:
http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi3478126617

> Apparently, it will be relesed on DVD this spring, and they're already
> doing an English-language remake.

Blurg! I think that's terrible. For example, why bother watching "Point of
No Return" when "La Femme Nikita" is such a better movie.

FredHerring

Dec 16, 2008, 6:56:41 AM12/16/08
<<Can we now return to the question of how many people Barnabas
murdered? That does not include those that were killed in self
defense. Was he evil Barnabas or good Barnabas when he killed Dave
Woodard? >>

He was definitely being evil, vicious, SOB Barnabas when he murdered Dave
Woodard.

Have we already counted that he killed Angelique at least twice?

His murder of Lamar Trask because Lamar killed Angelique seems especially
hypocritical on that basis.

Didn't Barnabas also kill Dirk Wilkins? And use his hypno-powers to get
Istvan to jump off Widows Hill?

Anim8rFSK

Dec 16, 2008, 1:20:59 PM12/16/08
In article
<50a3e8e5327a47a3...@localhost.talkabouttelevision.com>,
"FredHerring" <fredhe...@cs.commode> wrote:

> Have we already counted that he killed Angelique at least twice?

If she gets better, does it count as killing her?

FredHerring

Dec 16, 2008, 7:10:27 PM12/16/08
> Have we already counted that he killed Angelique at least twice?

>>If she gets better, does it count as killing her

I believe there is already a Dark Shadows line of dialogue to that effect:
"I didn't say she was dead... I said I killed her."

Anim8rFSK

Dec 17, 2008, 12:11:21 AM12/17/08
In article
<b557d483a1635b2f...@localhost.talkabouttelevision.com>,
"FredHerring" <fredhe...@cs.commode> wrote:

> > Have we already counted that he killed Angelique at least twice?
>
> >>If she gets better, does it count as killing her
>
> I believe there is already a Dark Shadows line of dialogue to that effect:
> "I didn't say she was dead... I said I killed her."

hee hee

Will Dockery

Dec 25, 2008, 5:36:02 AM12/25/08
On Dec 12, 9:44 am, Anim8rFSK wrote:

>  Joe wrote:
>
> In the beginning he was a bad guy. Then a good guy.  He murdered Jason
> > Maguire.  How about his cousin Karl that was trapped in the crypt with
> > him that came running out saying "we are going to kill cousin barnabas
> > tonight".  That was murder as Karl didnt do anything to deserve that.
> > One could argue that Angelique was not murder in the 1795 timeline.
>
> > Who else did he outright murder?  Some may be called self defense like
> > getting rid of a ghost or something.  Trask was murder. Or was it
> > Barnabas that did that. Havent seen the show in a long time.
>
> Funny you should ask that; I read the first DS comic book last night.
> Barnabas spends the issue running from place to place (fangs always
> out), trying to kill people, but fails.  Through one trick or another,
> everybody ends up alive again at the end (I'm thinking maybe there was a
> comic code thing that kept him from *successfully* murdering anyone).
>
> Except for Trask; they showed him walling up Trask in a flashback.

Gold Key comics never submitted to the actual Comics Code but they
pretty much put out the most kid-friendly comix of the 1960s & 70s.
The Code did have a special section forbidding the appearances of
"vampires, werewolves and zombies" from their approved comics.

Just ran across a great blog reproducing an entire issue of the Dark
Shadows comic book, #6, where Barnabas encounters a mummy, of all
things:

http://monstermemories.blogspot.com/2008/12/dark-shadows-issue-6.html

"...In the story, a downright hefty and obviously well-fed mummy ends
up in Collinsport. Barnabas, turning into a detective, only needed to
don a deerstalker cap and smoke a pipe, while wielding a magnifying
glass to be Sherlock Holmes. There's a lot of running, and finger-
pointing, and Barnabas is suspected; while he blames poor lycanthropic
Quentin for the mummy's misdeeds. Ol' Barney, being the good guy that
he is, prepares to poison his pal to help him out. After all, what are
friends for, if not to show tough love? Quentin has a killer hangover
and just wants to be left alone. As for the mummy's murderous ways,
there's never any reason for the bandaged one to attack those random
people, but I guess it's just what he does, being a mummy and all..."

--
"Twilight Girl" and other song-poems by Will Dockery:
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery