CSI: Miami "Gone Baby Gone" - No complaints?

1 view

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Nov 18, 2008, 1:12:21 PM11/18/08
With all the high-tech used in CSI: Miami, not one complaint about
a professional photographer on the show using . . . film?!

Mike Minor

Nov 18, 2008, 1:19:54 PM11/18/08

"Antonio E. Gonzalez" <AntE...@aol.com> wrote in message

> With all the high-tech used in CSI: Miami, not one complaint about
> a professional photographer on the show using . . . film?!

Are you asking why none of the newsgroups members aren't
complaining?......It may be because we just don't give a damn about CSI:
Miami anymore. I for one still DVR it but haven't watched the last few shows
past the first few minutes, because I just can't stand the way the use all
the "high-tech/sci-fi" crap, the poor acting, of which Caleigh is the worst,
all the yellow background and filters, the "distorted, looking though glass
building blocks" camera shots, and most of all, the lame story lines.

What a shame, as it was our favorite CSI at one time.

May CSI: Miami rest in peace.

Mikey

Ric

Nov 18, 2008, 2:25:46 PM11/18/08
I haven't seen the episode yet since I have it on DVR as well. If you're
talking about a non CSI professional photographer, I gotta tell ya...there
are uncounted number of pros that prefer to use film for many artistic and
practical reasons. I know it seems like digital cameras are all that's out
there, but it's only been in the last few years that digital cameras even
came close to film for capturing quality images.

Joan F (MI)

Nov 18, 2008, 4:52:32 PM11/18/08
There are still some pros who use film, particularly if they have an artsy
style. They mentioned the sepia toned artistic photos that were his
signature style. It really has only been a very few years that digital
photography has reached the quality of high end film work.

Ric

Nov 18, 2008, 6:55:50 PM11/18/08

"Antonio E. Gonzalez" <AntE...@aol.com> wrote in message
> With all the high-tech used in CSI: Miami, not one complaint about
> a professional photographer on the show using . . . film?!

OK...I finally watched the ep. I sometimes hate myself for reading groups
like this. The OP is, apparently, so young that he thinks film cameras are a
relic of some ancient civilization. I'm more bothered by the sense that the
scripts are written by people who are around the age of the OP.
BTW...hobbyists use cameras with pop up flashes...not pros.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Nov 18, 2008, 10:15:59 PM11/18/08
On Nov 18, 11:19 am, "Mike Minor" <mminor...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> "Antonio E. Gonzalez" <AntEGM...@aol.com> wrote in messagenews:s516i4t0movr4otan...@4ax.com...

I watched it. It was much more disjointed than normal, and that's
saying something. Why is it that for this entire season, it has been
so (and I mean REALLY) easy to figure out "whodunnit"? On Miami and
NY both, though NY is a bit better acted, thanks.

Let me say in addition... There was a Blind Item about a network
show, whose male lead was such a diva to work with that the female
lead finally said that she wouldn't act with him anymore. (Ausiello
in Entertainment Weekly). The main guess was Caruso and Procter.

The scenes they had "together" in this show, the one they were in the
room together, she did not speak *to* him, she did not look *at* him.
The other, most 'stars' don't actually read their lines to the other
actor, if they aren't on camera at the same time. So, .... Anyway,
Calleigh is better than Horatio.

Mike Minor

Nov 19, 2008, 9:17:23 AM11/19/08

>I watched it. It was much more disjointed than normal, and that's
>saying something. Why is it that for this entire season, it has been
>so (and I mean REALLY) easy to figure out "whodunnit"? On Miami and
>NY both, though NY is a bit better acted, thanks.

>Let me say in addition... There was a Blind Item about a network
>show, whose male lead was such a diva to work with that the female
>lead finally said that she wouldn't act with him anymore. (Ausiello
>in Entertainment Weekly). The main guess was Caruso and Procter.

>The scenes they had "together" in this show, the one they were in the
>room together, she did not speak *to* him, she did not look *at* him.
>The other, most 'stars' don't actually read their lines to the other
>actor, if they aren't on camera at the same time. So, .... Anyway,
>Calleigh is better than Horatio.

Glad I'm not the only one disillusioned with CSI: Miami.....you are so rigth
about the episodes seeming disjointed......ah I see the
problem....Disillusioned, disjointed.....how about just plained dissed!

Didn't know that about the actors, but it would explain a lot about why the
acting seems so poor this year. I too did a little acting in my earlier
years, and I can't imagine acting off/to a blank wall. Guess that's why they
get paid the big bucks.

Mikey

Joan F (MI)

Nov 19, 2008, 9:55:38 AM11/19/08
And the ending. The guy jumps in his SUV, no time to buckle his seat belt,
looked like the baby was loose in a basket type carrier, they chase, SUV
rolls over several times. He jumps out, looks perfectly healthy till he
gets shot, baby appears in Horatio's arms, smiling without a scratch.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Nov 19, 2008, 10:40:13 AM11/19/08
On Nov 19, 7:55 am, "Joan F \(MI\)" <jjf...@removethisameritech.net>
wrote:

In defense of bad writing, I can actually buckle my lap/shoulder belt
in motion (and I've got fused wrists). I don't like to do that, but I
can, and quickly. And "baby broker" did have a 'head injury' as he
was bleeding from the right side of his head (not enough for a
multiple roll wreck, I agree) and he did move very quickly.

You know, I thought the same thing, then my husband (who actually
dealt with a child in a "carrier/car seat" for my step-daughter),
pointed out something. When they show Sophie looking at the Cape Town
couple, you see her looking to her right, over the side of the
carrier, with the handle visible (and her back to the driver's seat).
He told me that she could well have been restrained properly for that
kind of seat, and since "broker" never took her out the car...

What I found amazing was that H took *her* out (wow, he must be really
good to have gotten her out of the carrier that was properly
restrained, that quickly), wrapped her in his coat, carried her away,
and no tears, wailing, whatever. Then when you see her later, it's
was painfully obvious that she hadn't been crying. As you noted.

Oh, and a blonde, blue eyed baby? I'm thinking broker could have
gotten more, and would have found a better place to make the exchange
(since he was intelligent enough to find the baby buyers in the first
place).

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Nov 21, 2008, 3:41:51 AM11/21/08

I haven't been called young in a long time, thanks!

Anyway, my problem was film cameras appearing in show where we've
seen interactive "mirrors," and the CSIs use a 3-D "touch" computer,
even as a plot device; in the last 8 years I have seen as film has
slowly disappeared from supermarket shelves, or at least become harder
to find, while little flash memory cards have become the norm.

--

- ReFlex76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Nov 21, 2008, 3:44:46 AM11/21/08

Forget digital, I know at least one pro photographer who won't even
use *color* film!

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Nov 21, 2008, 11:18:10 AM11/21/08
On Nov 21, 1:44 am, Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntEGM...@aol.com> wrote:
> >"Antonio E. Gonzalez" <AntEGM...@aol.com> wrote in message

> >>   With all the high-tech used in CSI: Miami, not one complaint about
> >> a professional photographer on the show using . . . film?!
>
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 14:25:46 -0500, "Ric" <N...@Way.com> wrote:
> >I haven't seen the episode yet since I have it on DVR as well. If you're
> >talking about a non CSI professional photographer, I gotta tell ya...there
> >are uncounted number of pros that prefer to use film for many artistic and
> >practical reasons. I know it seems like digital cameras are all that's out
> >there, but it's only been in the last few years that digital cameras even
> >came close to film for capturing quality images.
>
>   Forget digital, I know at least one pro photographer who won't even
> use *color* film!

Then why exactly, were you asking why no one was complaining about a
non-CSI using "film"?

Obviously, *you* know photographers who do not use digital cameras,
why wouldn't *we*?

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Nov 21, 2008, 11:20:21 AM11/21/08
On Nov 21, 1:41 am, Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntEGM...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 18:55:50 -0500, "Ric" <N...@Way.com> wrote:
>
> >"Antonio E. Gonzalez" <AntEGM...@aol.com> wrote in message

> >>   With all the high-tech used in CSI: Miami, not one complaint about
> >> a professional photographer on the show using . . . film?!
>
> >OK...I finally watched the ep. I sometimes hate myself for reading groups
> >like this. The OP is, apparently, so young that he thinks film cameras are a
> >relic of some ancient civilization. I'm more bothered by the sense that the
> >scripts are written by people who are around the age of the OP.
> >BTW...hobbyists use cameras with pop up flashes...not pros.
>
>     I haven't been called young in a long time, thanks!
>
>    Anyway, my problem was film cameras appearing in show where we've
> seen interactive "mirrors," and the CSIs use a 3-D "touch" computer,
> even as a plot device; in the last 8 years I have seen as film has
> slowly disappeared from supermarket shelves, or at least become harder
> to find, while little flash memory cards have become the norm.

...and you thought that we would be "put out" because a guy who takes
pictures for a living (and doesn't sell them to tabloids) using actual
film to make the photos?

Wow, I have trouble finding the memory chips for my digital, but have
absolutely no problems finding "real" film everywhere.

Ric

Nov 21, 2008, 6:24:25 PM11/21/08

">
> Anyway, my problem was film cameras appearing in show where we've
> seen interactive "mirrors," and the CSIs use a 3-D "touch" computer,
> even as a plot device; in the last 8 years I have seen as film has
> slowly disappeared from supermarket shelves, or at least become harder
> to find, while little flash memory cards have become the norm.

The whole (mispronounced) sepia tone thing was a plot device. Anything that
catches the attention of even a moderately intelligent viewer is usually a
clumsy plot device on this show.

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Nov 23, 2008, 2:56:31 PM11/23/08

As I explained elsewhere, it's how out of place it seemed in CSI:
Miami's futuristic world, I'm quite aware pro photogs tend to prefer
film . . .