No Anime Episode Previews

1 view

Frank J. Lhota

Jun 15, 2008, 5:21:34 PM6/15/08
For the last two weeks, CN has aired "Bleach" and "Death Note" without
the previews of the next episode.

I've always enjoyed them, and it was interesting to see how the two
shows used the previews. The "Death Note" previews build tension for the
next episode. In contrast, the "Bleach" previews seem geared to
dissipating tension, as they have the characters act out a quick comedy
dialog over the preview clips. Both work in their own way, and I had
grown accustomed to catching them at the end of these shows.

CN must have decided that they could not afford to lose the 30 seconds
or so that these previews take from ad time. I had hoped that they would
not be so stingy with the web version of these shows, but even on
http://adultswim.com, these shows have their previews deleted.

Does everyone else miss these previews? I'm frankly displeased that they
would deprive us of seeing the full episode just so they can get in one
more half-minute commercial.

--
"All things extant in this world,
Gods of Heaven, gods of Earth,

"Drizzle, Drazzle, Drozzle, Drome,
Time for this one to come home!"
- Mr. Wizard from "Tooter Turtle"

The Eternal Lost Lurker

Jun 15, 2008, 10:47:48 PM6/15/08

It's worse in the case of Bleach, because even before they started cutting
the promos, they were ALREADY cutting valuable content--every episode of
Bleach from about episode 26 onward ends with an omake segment (usually
'Shinigami Zukan Golden') that's absolutely hysterical.

--
"My name is Forrest Gump. People
call me Forrest Gump. I et too many

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The Eternal Lost Lurker
www.lurkerdrome.com

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Jun 15, 2008, 11:46:11 PM6/15/08
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 17:21:34 -0400, "Frank J. Lhota"
<FrankLh...@rcn.com> wrote:

>For the last two weeks, CN has aired "Bleach" and "Death Note" without
>the previews of the next episode.
>
>I've always enjoyed them, and it was interesting to see how the two
>shows used the previews. The "Death Note" previews build tension for the
>next episode. In contrast, the "Bleach" previews seem geared to
>dissipating tension, as they have the characters act out a quick comedy
>dialog over the preview clips. Both work in their own way, and I had
>grown accustomed to catching them at the end of these shows.
>
>CN must have decided that they could not afford to lose the 30 seconds
>or so that these previews take from ad time. I had hoped that they would
>not be so stingy with the web version of these shows, but even on
>http://adultswim.com, these shows have their previews deleted.
>
>Does everyone else miss these previews? I'm frankly displeased that they
>would deprive us of seeing the full episode just so they can get in one
>more half-minute commercial.

Uhhh, blame for this can actually be put on Viz; they got a lot of
flak for cutting the "Inuyasha's Jar" segments way back when, and
they've cut the very similar "Shinigami's Cup" segments from Bleach.
Next episode previews seem like the next logical choice . . .

--

- ReFlex76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

Frank J. Lhota

Jun 23, 2008, 5:50:10 PM6/23/08
The Eternal Lost Lurker wrote:
> It's worse in the case of Bleach, because even before they started cutting
> the promos, they were ALREADY cutting valuable content--every episode of
> Bleach from about episode 26 onward ends with an omake segment (usually
> 'Shinigami Zukan Golden') that's absolutely hysterical.

Thanks for the tip. I've checked out the omake segments online, and they
are a lot of fun. They are also very brief, so it is a shame that they
are not broadcast or made available on the the AS web site.

Don't the folks at Cartoon Network recognize the danger of losing
viewers to web sites that show the full episodes?

Dave Turner

Jun 23, 2008, 7:30:37 PM6/23/08
Frank J. Lhota wrote:
> The Eternal Lost Lurker wrote:
>> It's worse in the case of Bleach, because even before they started
>> cutting
>> the promos, they were ALREADY cutting valuable content--every episode of
>> Bleach from about episode 26 onward ends with an omake segment (usually
>> 'Shinigami Zukan Golden') that's absolutely hysterical.
>
> Thanks for the tip. I've checked out the omake segments online, and they
> are a lot of fun. They are also very brief, so it is a shame that they
> are not broadcast or made available on the the AS web site.
>
> Don't the folks at Cartoon Network recognize the danger of losing
> viewers to web sites that show the full episodes?

Have you found any that show it in English, not Japanese with subtitles?
Beyond AS of course. I mean I saw episode 178 or 179 online last week
available for viewing, and I'm wondering why the hell AS is so damn slow
in getting these going.

On a side note, any idea of how many episodes there actually are? If
it's over 180, then it's going to take CN about what 3-4 years to air
the entire series ( by the time they pull it, re-run episodes, etc...)?

Frank J. Lhota

Jun 23, 2008, 7:52:59 PM6/23/08
Dave Turner wrote:

> Frank J. Lhota wrote:
> Have you found any that show it in English, not Japanese with subtitles?
> Beyond AS of course. I mean I saw episode 178 or 179 online last week
> available for viewing, and I'm wondering why the hell AS is so damn slow
> in getting these going.
>
> On a side note, any idea of how many episodes there actually are? If
> it's over 180, then it's going to take CN about what 3-4 years to air
> the entire series ( by the time they pull it, re-run episodes, etc...)?

No, I was it in Japanese with English subtitles, so I'm not sure if an
English dub has been done for these segments. I should rent the DVD's to
see if they are included.

The Eternal Lost Lurker

Jun 24, 2008, 2:59:06 AM6/24/08

"Dave Turner" <da...@wrightpopcorn.com> wrote in message

> Have you found any that show it in English, not Japanese with subtitles?
> Beyond AS of course. I mean I saw episode 178 or 179 online last week

No you didn't. Because Bleach has only aired up to episode 175 in Japan.

> available for viewing, and I'm wondering why the hell AS is so damn slow
> in getting these going.

....you're fucking joking, right?

You can't honestly be serious with such a retarded question.

> On a side note, any idea of how many episodes there actually are?

The series is still running. As of last week, there are 175 episodes, and it
is NOWHERE NEAR FINISHED, because the manga is still running.

Now, as to the answer to your incredibly retarded dipshit question:

Adult Swim is not responsible for the actual production of the series. The
series is produced for the English language market by Viz Communications.
The series has to be dubbed in English, which is a time-consuming process.
At the time the dub began airing on Adult Swim, the series was only up to
about episode 95 or so in Japan. The dub went on hiatus around episode 52 or
so, because Viz ran into trouble and needed extra time to dub enough
episodes for a smooth, continuous run (like they do with Naruto--actually,
it's possible the hyperspeed of Viz's dubbing of Naruto CAUSED the Bleach
hiatus.)

Point of fact: Shows that air weekly in Japan and also air weekly in the US
are almost always way out of synch with each other.

Point of fact: Bleach is over 100 episodes further along in Japan than it is
in the US, and that is NOT GOING TO CHANGE.

Point of fact: Bitching about it isn't going to do anyone any good, because
it's something that can't be changed.

Dave Turner

Jun 24, 2008, 11:48:20 AM6/24/08

> Point of fact: Bitching about it isn't going to do anyone any good, because
> it's something that can't be changed.

Jesus, don't have a fucking stroke. I was only curious about how many
episodes there were because after investing almost a year and a half in
Full Metal Alchemist I was wondering how long the series was going to
run. And so I made a mistake on the episode that I saw available on the
web, so fuck me. It was only in passing.

Glad to know you're so goddamn perfect.

The Eternal Lost Lurker

Jun 24, 2008, 5:00:06 PM6/24/08

> Glad to know you're so goddamn perfect.

I'm not perfect. I'm just not retarded.

Dave Turner

Jun 24, 2008, 6:21:16 PM6/24/08
The Eternal Lost Lurker wrote:
> "Dave Turner" <da...@wrightpopcorn.com> wrote in message
>> Glad to know you're so goddamn perfect.
>
> I'm not perfect. I'm just not retarded.

Durrrr saree.

critic

Jun 24, 2008, 11:48:50 PM6/24/08
On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 15:00:06 -0600, "The Eternal Lost Lurker"
<kuraebakayaro...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>"Dave Turner" <da...@wrightpopcorn.com> wrote in message
>> Glad to know you're so goddamn perfect.
>
>I'm not perfect. I'm just not retarded.

I only browse here every now and then. You however always stand out
as an asshole I recognize each time.