Babylon 5 station list

Robert C. Ritter

Feb 24, 1993, 7:46:23 AM2/24/93

1318

Article #1318 (1487 is last):
From: Edward_Lee...@cup.portal.com
>Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
Subject: B5:Babylon 5/PTEN TV Station List
Date: Sat Feb 20 15:45:53 1993

NOTE: I cannot post to alt.tv.babylon5 yet, so someone please repost there.
NOTE2: I have scattered around many more airdates and times for stations that
have not yet been included in the list, but not enough time to get them all
organized. If the date and time is not listed for the station in your area,
check your local TV listings or give them a call and ask!

PRIME TIME ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK

BABYLON 5 STATIONS
(Sorted by State)
Last update 2/19/93

ST City-(Other Cities in market) NOTES I.D. CH RANK
-- -------------------------------------- ---- -- ----
AK Anchorage KYES 158
AK Fairbanks KO7U 206
AL Birmingham WTTO
AL Huntsville WZDX 54
AL Montgomery WCOV 20 109
AL Mobile WPMI 15
AR Ft. Smith KPBI 46 119
AZ Phoenix KUTP 45 20
AZ Tucson-Nogales KTTU 81
AZ Yuma-El Centro KECY 179
CA Bakersfield KUZZ 130
CA Fresno-Visalia KMPH 26 59
CA Los Angeles KCOP 13 2
CA Monterey-Salinas KCBA 35 111
CA Palm Springs K4OD 156
CA Sacramento-Stockton-Modesto KRBK 19
CA San Diego 2 KUSI 51 25
CA San Francisco/Oakland KBHK 44 5
CA Santa Barbara-Santa Marie KADY 110
CO Colorado Springs-Pueblo KXRM 100
CO Denver KDVR 31 21
CT Hartford-New Haven 1 WTXX 20 23
DC Washington, DC WDCA 20 7
FL Ft. Meyers-Naples WFTX 92
FL Gainesville WOGX 51 167
FL Jacksonville WNFT 47 55
FL Miami-Ft. Lauderdale WDZL 39 16
FL Orlando-Daytona Beach-Melbourne WOFL 35 24
FL Tampa-St. Petersburg-Sarasota 3 WTOG 44 14
FL Tallahassee-Thomasville WTLH 49 115
FL W. Palm Beach-Ft. Pierce WTVX 46
GA Atlanta WATL 36 11
GA Augusta WFXG 113
GA Columbus WXTX 121
HI Honolulu 4 KHNL 13 71
IA Cedar Rapids-Waterloo-Dubuque KOCR 83
IA Davenport KLJB
IA Des Moines-Ames KDSM 17 73
IL Chicago WPWR 50 3
IL Peoria-Bloomington WYZZ 43 112
IN Indianapolis-Bloomington WTTV 26
KY Lexington WDKY 56 72
KY Louisville WBNA 21 49
KY Paducah-C. Girardeau-Harrisburg KBSI 75
LA Alexandria K47D 170
LA Baton Rouge WGMB 44 96
LA Lafayette KADN 15 118
LA New Orleans WNOL 38 39
MA Boston WSBK 38 6
MD Baltimore WNUV 54 22
ME Portland-Auburn WPXT 51 74
MI Detroit WXON 9
MI Flint-Saginaw-Bay City WSMH 66 58
MI Traverse City-Cadillac WGKI 124
MI West Michigan WXMI 17
MN Minneapolis-St. Paul KMSP 9 15
MO Kansas City KSMO 62 30
MO Springfield KDEB 27 80
MO St. Louis KPLR 18
NC Charlotte WJZY 46 31
NC Asheville-Greenville (SC)-Spartanburg(SC) WHNS 21 35
NC Greenville(NC)-New Bern-Washington WFXI 105
NC Greensboro WGGT 48
NC Raleigh-Durham WLFL 22 32
NC Winston-Salem WNRW 45
ND Fargo-Valley City KVRR 15 108
NE Omaha KPTM 42 76
NM Albuquerque-Santa Fe KGSW 14 50
NV Las Vegas KVVU 5 79
NV Reno KAME 21 117
NY Buffalo WUTV 29
NY Albany-Schenectady-Troy WXXA 23 52
NY New York (Secaucus, NJ) WWOR 9 1
NY Plattsburgh 27
NY Syracuse WSYT 68 65
OH Cincinnati WSTR 64 29
OH Cleveland WUAB 43 12
OH Dayton WRGT 45
OH Toledo WUPW 36 64
OK Oklahoma City KOCB 34 44
OR Portland KPTV 12 27
PA Johnston-Altoona (WWPC-23) WWCP 8 91
PA Philadelphia WPHL 17 4
PA Pittsburgh WPGH 53 17
PA York (Harrisburg-Lancaster-Lebanon) WPMT 43 45
SC Columbia WACH 87
TN Jackson WMTU 16 185
TN Knoxville WKCH 43 63
TN Memphis WLMT 30 42
TX Abilene-Sweetwater KTXS 159
TX Amarillo WCIT 126
TX Austin KBVO 42 68
TX Corpus Christi KDF 128
TX Dallas - Ft. Worth KTXA 21 8
TX El Paso KCIK 101
TX Houston KTXH 10
TX Lubbock KJTV 149
TX Odessa-Midland KPEJ 152
TX San Antonio KABB 29 40
TX Waco-Temple KWKT 98
TX Wichita Falls-Lawton KJTL 142
UT Salt Lake City KXIV 14 41
VA Richmond WRLH 35
VA Roanoke-Lynchburg (27) WJPR 21 66
VA Portsmouth-Newport-Norfolk WGNT 27 38
WA Seattle-Tacoma KSTW 11 13
WA Spokane KAYU 28 78
WA Yakima KCY 53 123
WI Green Bay-Appleton WGBA 67
WI La Crosse-Eau Claire WLAX 134
WI Madison WMSN 47 93
WI Milwaukee WVTV 18 28

NOTE: RANK is the national rank of the station's market, thus WWOR is
in the New York City Market, which is #1, Yakima WA is in market
#123, etc.

This station list is based on a list originally posted by
J. Michael Straczynski, sorting the stations by state, not
market rank. Station channel numbers are being added as they
are mentioned. The stations listed may not carry all of the
Prime Time Entertainment Network Programming but are signed up
for the Babylon 5 movie.

Station Notes:

1. This status of this station has been in doubt. It's owners have
bought the local FOX affilliate and are selling WTXX to a home
shopping network. However, the transfer will not happen until
after Babylon 5 airs.

2. XETV has passed on Babylon 5 with KUSI/51 picking it up.

3. WTOG is also broadcast on channel 29 north of the Tampa area.

4. KHNL 13 is carrying B5 instead of KFVE 5.

5. In Canada, CITV in Edmonton will be showing Babylon 5.
It is also available on the Anik D1 satellite. Also, some
Ontario Baton stations may also be showing B5.
Also: CHEK 6 Victoria, Vancouver Island Feb 27th

Part 2 - Known Airdates on local stations

Satellite Feeds:

Friday 2/19/93 from 1:30am to 3:45am ET on T301/9H (18)
Saturday 2/20/93 from 6:00pm to 8:30pm ET on T301/2V ( 3)

ST Station First Airdate and Time Repeat Airdate and Time

AL WZDX 54 Feb 23, 7:00 p.m.
AZ KUTP 45 Feb 25, 7:00 p.m. Feb 28, 3:00 p.m.
CA KUSI 51 Feb 27, 8:00 p.m.
CO KDVR 31 Feb 28, 4:00 p.m. Mar 7, 3:00 p.m.
CT WTXX 20 Feb 23, 8:00 p.m.
DC WDCA 20 Feb 26, 8:00 p.m. Feb 28, 4:00 p.m.
FL WTOG 44 Mar 2, 8:00 p.m.
FL WZDL 39 Feb 23, 8:00 p.m. Following Weekend
FL WOFL 35 Mar 1, Mar 6,
HI KHNL 13 Mar 1, 8:00 p.m.
IA KLJB Feb 22, 7:00 p.m.
IL WPWR 50 Feb 22,
IN WTTV 4 Mar 7, 6:00 p.m.
LA WGMB 44 Feb 22, 7:00 p.m. Mar 6, 1:00 p.m.
MA WSBK 38 Feb 23, 8:00 p.m. Mar 6, 8:00 p.m.
MI WXMI 17 Feb 22,
MI WXON 20 Mar 1, 8 p.m.
NC WGGT 48 Feb 28, noon
NC WNRW 45 Feb 28, noon
NE KPTM 42 Mar 1,
NM KGSW 14 Feb 22, 7:00 p.m.
NY WWOR 9 Feb 26, 8:00 p.m.
NY WUTV 29 Feb 22, 9:00 p.m.
NY WSYT 68 Feb 22 8:00 p.m.
PA WPHL 17 Feb 23, 8:00 p.m.
OH WSTR 64 Feb 23, 9:00 p.m.
OH WRGT 45 Feb 27,
TN WKCH 43 Feb 22, 8:00 p.m.
TN WLMT 30 Feb 22,
TX KTXH 20 Feb 25, 8:00 p.m.
TX KVBO 42 Mar 1, 7:00 p.m.
VA WJPR 21 Mar 1, 8:00 p.m.
VA WRLH 35 Feb 28, 4:00 p.m.
WA KSTW 11 Feb 27

Others:

CHEK 6 Victoria, Vancouver Island Feb 27th

Station List compiled by Lee Whiteside, send updates or additions to:
L.WHITESIDE on GEnie
76044,502 on Compuserve
P14...@email.mot.com \___ Internet mail addresses
e...@cup.portal.com /

Enter Command: t

Article #118 (139 is last):
From: ti...@vax2.concordia.ca (TIM LAPIN)
Subject: Montreal B5 showing dates!!!!
Date: Mon Feb 22 11:05:00 1993

Well, after doing some detective work ( I called a local station :-)) I
have found out that B5 WILL be shown in Montreal.

According to Bill Merrill, program director of CFCF 12, the date will be:

April 16, 1993
9:00 pm to 11:00 pm
CFCF12 (Cable 11)

Why the long wait? Well, the reason is simply that since no other station
reaching our area is broadcasting it, they could take their time in finding
an appropriate slot for it.

Whew. Happy Happy Joy Joy.

--
Tim Lapin
Computing Services Concordia University Montreal, Quebec, Canada