OT: Spoiler “X-Factor LIve Bootcamp”

The_LA_Flash

Jul 24, 2011, 7:36:21 PM7/24/11
There were 2 shows that took place yesterday, one in the afternoon and
the other in the evening, I went to the evening show. At the start of
the show Simon came out with the other 3 judges and told us that over
200,000 people tried out for X-Factor this season and now we are down
to the top 70, he said this is the best crop of singers he has ever
had. Simon also said that the performers have been here all week and
they have been putting in extra long hours in X-Factor’s bootcamp.
This is basically what A.I. refers to as “Hollywood week” except X-
Factor is doing it with a live studio audience. This show is also
taking place in the same auditorium where A.I. does their Hollywood
week. They had 25 singers in the afternoon so that means we would be
seeing 45 singers. Just before each singer came on stage one of the
judges would ask them to say their name and what city they are from, a
few times due to the noise in the auditorium and or the singer not
speaking clearly I was not able to catch their full name, but I’ll do
the best I can for this post. Rather than bore you guys with a report
of 45 singers I’ll only report on the most memorable either really
great or they sucked and rather than just going by my opinion I
decided to base it by overall fan reaction after they sang.

Since Simon said half of the 70 from bootcamp go through to the next
round, I’m going to predict which of the 70 will make the top 35. The
judges did not talk to the singers after they sung because just like
in A.I.’s Hollywood week they don’t do that, so we did not get to hear
any classic Simon remarks.

A “crowd liked it” means the singer got more than a 25% standing
ovation.
A “crowd really liked it” the singer got more than 50% standing
ovation.
A “crowd loved it” the singer got more than 75% standing ovation.

Of the 45 singers I saw I think these 12 will make it through to the
top 35.

Jeremy Easily (sp?) from Memphis sung “Somewhere only we know” the
crowd liked him.

Torra Walbon (sp?) sung “Ain’t no mountain high enough” the crowd
really liked her and Simon gave her a thumbs up as she left the
stage.

Francesca Duncan (sp?) a 17 year old sung “Summer Time” the crowd
loved her.

Melanie Amarro (sp?) sung “I swear” the crowd loved her.

Stacy Frances, a 42 yr old singer told a sad story about her dad
passing away her first day at X Factor boot camp, she sung “Summer
Time” the crowd loved her and 3 of the judges gave her a standing O,
I’ll let you guys guess which judge did not. No doubt she is a can’t
miss for the 35.

Josh from Columbus, Ohio a 30 yr old sung “Up to the Mountain” the
crowd loved him.

Aaron Surgen (sp?) A black guy with long black hair he came out and
sung his song and then towards the end of the song he took off his
long hair and threw it on stage and said this is not me I gotta be
real; the crowd went nuts, they loved him.

Andrew 12 year old kid came out wearing a baseball cap backwards, he
sung “Jar of Hearts” the crowd loved this kid, he got the crowd to do
the arm wave in the middle of the song. I predict this kid will be
among Judy’s favorites if she watches the show, the kid is really
good, I predict he’ll make the top 10.

A group of 5 guys that called themselves “Stereo whores” at least I
think that’s what they said, they sung “Cry me a river” they had more
than just singing going for them they put together some cool moves on
stage too, the crowd really liked them.

A group of 3 guys called “The Answer” One of the guys said before they
sung: “we are in this to win this” they sung “Somewhere only in time”
the crowd loved these guys.

Ryan Sims sung “hit me baby one more time” the crowd loved him.

Haley Stagner (sp?) I don’t know what she sang, but the crowd really
liked her.

I think these 8 singers are on the bubble to make it, I think for them
it will depend on how they did during the whole bootcamp.

Chrissy Feliciano from Chicago, I did not know the name of the song
she sang.

Nick Vass (sp?) 21 yr old comes out crying on stage saying how this
means every thing to him, he sung “Pray for time” and he forgot the
lyrics but just kept singing making up stuff, I thought he was good
but is he really worth all the drama if he can’t remember his lyrics?

Elaine Gibbs a 53 yr old she told a sad story about her mom being in
the hospital, she sung “First time I saw your face.”

Jocelyn Little
a 16 yr old that did a mix between “Ain’t no sunshine” and “Every
breath I take” I thought it was very good and different, Simon had a
word with her after she sung in private, I don’t think Simon talked to
any of the singers the whole night but her.

4 young girls called “Little ladies” sung “Ain’t no sunshine, they
might make it due to the cute factor.

James Kenny (sp?) sung “Jar of hearts” he was a likable guy that
talked about how he has 6 jobs trying to support his family.

Dexter Haygen (sp?) talked about he was homeless in 1999, he sung
“Man’s world”

Chesty Springs (sp?) a heavy set lady told a sad story about how her
husband hates the fact that she sings, she sung “Ain’t no mountain
high enough”
Matthew Johnson sung “Jar of hearts” he started shaky but then he
really got going and finished really well.

I will be shocked if these 3 singers make it through....

Symphony, she got 15 seconds into her song and stop and asked if she
could start again then she started again and this time got about 1
minute into the song and stop and asked if she could change songs and
Simon told her forget it, you blew it.

Semon Battle 22 yr old from LA sung “your song” she forgot her lyrics
and pretty much sucked.

A guy and girl sung “Billie Jean” and they really sucked, it’s sinful
to do what they did to a MJ song.

Overall it was pretty cool to be lucky enough to be at a taping of X
Factor; WOO-HOO for me for getting out of the house and having a life.

@gmail.com Zob

Jul 24, 2011, 9:07:40 PM7/24/11

>the hospital, she sung “First time I saw your face.” ??Jocelyn Little

Glad you got to go, and glad you had a great time! Thanks for the
recap.
--
Zob

"So You Think You Can Dance" Season 6 Certainty Contest Champion

The_LA_Flash

Jul 26, 2011, 1:36:40 AM7/26/11
On Jul 24, 6:07 pm, Zob <zobva1 @ gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 16:36:21 -0700 (PDT), The_LA_Flash

> >Overall it was pretty cool to be lucky enough to be at a taping of X

> >Factor; WOO-HOO for me for getting out of the house and having a life.
>
> Glad you got to go, and glad you had a great time!  Thanks for the
> recap.
> --

You are welcome; I was wondering if you could tell me does X-Factor do
the same thing that A.I. does showing a little drama of things that go
on away from the stage, like when A.I. this past season showed Scotty
looking for a group to sing with and the young heavy kid getting
kicked out of one group, will we see X-Factor do something like that?
I'm asking because it seemed that Simon and the other judges were
asking certain singers questions trying to get them to open up and
others they just said what is your name and that was it. I'm just
wondering if they will be showing sad stories too, talking about the
homeless guy, and the heavy woman that is married to a guy that does
not want her to sing and the lady that lost her father during boot
camp.

Sandi

Jul 26, 2011, 9:50:09 AM7/26/11

Yes, they do the backstory thing and try to stir up feelings for
different contestants. I noticed it more on the British version with
the "over 25s".

Sandi

The_LA_Flash

Jul 26, 2011, 10:08:46 AM7/26/11
> Sandi- Hide quoted text -

Thank you Sandi, it all adds up now why the judges were mostly talking
to the singers that were about late 20's and older, I guess they are
going to try to do the same thing with this version too. One thing I
did notice about sitting there watching the show was that the more a
singer came on and talked big about themselves the less likely they
were to be any good. It was amazing, it happened time and time again,
no wonder the judges are the way they are sometimes in the early
process of looking for talent.

@gmail.com Zob

Jul 27, 2011, 2:09:24 AM7/27/11
On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 22:36:40 -0700 (PDT), The_LA_Flash
<Phil...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Jul 24, 6:07�pm, Zob <zobva1 @ gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 16:36:21 -0700 (PDT), The_LA_Flash
>
>> >Overall it was pretty cool to be lucky enough to be at a taping of X
>> >Factor; WOO-HOO for me for getting out of the house and having a life.
>>
>> Glad you got to go, and glad you had a great time! �Thanks for the
>> recap.
>> --
>
>You are welcome; I was wondering if you could tell me does X-Factor do
>the same thing that A.I. does showing a little drama of things that go
>on away from the stage, like when A.I. this past season

X-Factor actually does much more with backstories than AI does.
Sometimes in the early stages it's aggravating; they'll really show a
whole lot of backstory about a particular auditionee, they send camera
crews to their home town, tell their story, etc., and then just when
you get drawn in they;re never shown again after their audition and
you don't know what happened to them. (AI has done that a couple of
times also).

Lesmond

Jul 30, 2011, 8:56:38 PM7/30/11
On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 16:36:21 -0700 (PDT), The_LA_Flash wrote:

>Aaron Surgen (sp?) A black guy with long black hair

SOLD.

he came out and
>sung his song and then towards the end of the song he took off his
>long hair and threw it on stage

Well, fuck.

--
If there's a nuclear winter, at least it'll snow.