Tip in '95 Disappearance of TV Anchor Jodi Huisentruit Doesn't Yield Much

Chocolic

Dec 5, 2006, 11:50:25 PM12/5/06
Tip in Huisentruit disappearance doesn't yield much, police say

Authorities investigating the 1995 disappearance of TV anchor Jodi
Huisentruit are continuing to follow up on a possible lead provided by
a Minnesota woman who has claimed to have direct knowledge about the
case.

But Lt. Ron Vande Weerd of the Mason City, Iowa, Police Department
said investigators aren't sure that information from the woman, whom
he declined to identify, is credible or will help solve the case.

"Not much new came of it," Vande Weerd said Monday of the weekend
interview with the woman. "She gave us some information to try and
substantiate."

Huisentruit disappeared from the parking lot of her Mason City
apartment building about 4 a.m. June 27, 1995, while on her way to
work. The Long Prairie, Minn., native has not been seen since.

Vande Weerd said investigators spoke with the tipster a few days ago
after she notified police in Minnesota that she knew what happened to
Huisentruit.

He said the woman had e-mailed the website www.findjodi.com and
claimed to have been a 13-year-old runaway at the time Huisentruit
disappeared. She said she learned what happened to Huisentruit from
men who claimed they participated in abducting and killing her.

http://www.startribune.com/462/story/854162.html

---------------------------------

Chocolic

Hester Mofet

Dec 6, 2006, 9:21:00 AM12/6/06
In article
<l_rdh.156400$Fi1.1...@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, Chocolic
<chatter448@nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:

In an interview where she was in shadows, the woman said she had to
watch the event. I find it nearly impossible to believe that six men
committed a murder and word hasn't leaked out. Two guys, even three
guys might be able to keep it low profile, but six? Come on! You know
the old saying, "Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead." It
seems like one of them would have gotten picked up for something else
(I can't believe guys who would do this would go on to have a crime
free life) and tried to use it as a get out of jail free card: "Hey, I
know who killed Jodi Huisentruit. I was there, but I didn't do it."

There's something hinky about this whole thing.

Hester Mofet

Kris Baker

Dec 6, 2006, 11:19:30 AM12/6/06

"Hester Mofet" <HesterNO...@speakeasy.net> wrote in message

Probably needs attention. Buy her some lip gloss and send her
on her way ;)

Kris

cro...@earthlink.net

Dec 6, 2006, 1:17:10 PM12/6/06