UPDATE: Natalee Holloway

tinydancer

Apr 30, 2007, 11:16:45 AM4/30/07
Like they will find any evidence after two years,

New developments could heat up in Natalee Holloway

(4/30/07) - Almost two years after Natalee Holloway disappeared in Aruba,
authorities are scrutinizing one of the case's original suspects with
renewed vigor.

Joran van der Sloot was the last person to see Holloway alive. He was never
charged in her disappearance, but investigators are searching his house and
property to see whether they can heat up a nearly cold case.

The 19-year-old's history of deception has kept investigators and the
Holloway family suspicious.

"It does add weight to the fact that they simply still have him as a
suspect," said Vinda DeSousa, attorney for David and Robin Holloway, Natalee
Holloway's parents.

Though van der Sloot has always maintained his innocence, his initial lies
to prosecutors about the last time he saw Holloway have kept him in the
spotlight. He first said he dropped her off at her hotel, but later admitted
he left her on the beach.

When ABC's Chris Cuomo pressed van der Sloot about that night in 2006, van
der Sloot implied that he lied to protect himself.

"I didn't want anyone to know. I didn't want anyone to know I left her at
the beach," he said.

Van der Sloot also told Cuomo that he couldn't get Holloway's disappearance
out of his head.

"All the time," he said about how often he thought about what happened to
Holloway. "All the time it's going around in your head."

A Last-Ditch Effort?

Authorities and Holloway's family suspect van der Sloot had something to do
with the Alabama teenager's disappearance. Though van de Sloot was held for
three months, they have not come up with enough evidence to charge him.

Holloway disappeared May 30, 2005. If prosecutors don't find something by
May 30 or convince a judge that the case should remain open, the two-year
statute of limitations could run out, preventing van der Sloot from being
charged.

Van der Sloot's lawyer believes the latest search of his property may be a
last-ditch effort to keep the case alive.

"I think this is the last thing we're going to see in relation to Joran
because the two-year time period in which he could be deemed a suspect is
fast approaching," said attorney Joe Tacopina. "There's no new evidence."

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=nation_world&id=5257664

Message has been deleted

Bo Raxo

Apr 30, 2007, 10:42:19 PM4/30/07
On Apr 30, 2:14 pm, Pneuma Pelosi <frank.sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:16:45 -0400, "tinydancer" <tinydancer...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Like they will find any evidence after two years,
>
> From what I understand the statue of limitations runs out on the suspects
> after two years so the police are just covering all their bases before closing
> the cases against the three men.

Two year statute of limitations for murder? Yeah, you're just batshit
crazy enough to believe something so ridiculous.

Under Dutch law the statute of limitations for murder is 18 years.
There is a two year window in which an investigation is considered
still open - during which investigators have leeway to question people
and otherwise probe and poke in to private matters, after which it
becomes a cold case. I think prosecutors can apply to a judge to get
that extended in any particular case, but I'm too busy to look it up
at the moment.

I suspect Tiny is correct, the chances of finding evidence is low but
heck, it is worth a try. I doubt they'll ever find a body, so the
hunt for evidence or someone talking are the only hopes for finding
out the woman's (probably grisly) fate.

Bo Raxo

Messalina

May 1, 2007, 2:43:17 AM5/1/07

With water all around, why would he bury her? Me, I would slash open
her belly and drop her in the water. Let fish do the rest. But then
he was only 17, 18? Not a clever age to be. Maybe he had help from
his dad?

Mez

op

May 1, 2007, 3:36:50 AM5/1/07
where is Nifong when we need him!

Bo Raxo

May 1, 2007, 11:34:49 PM5/1/07
On Apr 30, 11:43 pm, Messalina <destruction....@gmail.com> wrote:

> With water all around, why would he bury her? Me, I would slash open
> her belly and drop her in the water. Let fish do the rest.

Great plan if the tide is going out. Tide coming in, not so much. But
I guess if its coming in on one side of the island, it's going out on
the other? What I know about tides wouldn't fill a teacup, somebody
help me out here.

> But then
> he was only 17, 18? Not a clever age to be.

Darwin knows, I was soooooo fucking stupid at that age. And thought I
was sooooooooo smart.

( Hmmm, not sure twenty five years has made all that much of a change
in that. )

>Maybe he had help from
> his dad?

Seems possible. The girl is already dead, the father rationalized
that his boy going off to prison won't bring her back, blah de
rationalize de blah, and suddenly we're having a father-son project,
chopping her up and dropping weighted pieces in a nice deep lake.

<Sigh> The special moments I miss out on, not having kids.

Bo Raxo

tinydancer

May 2, 2007, 12:04:38 AM5/2/07

"Bo Raxo" <crimene...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Apr 30, 11:43 pm, Messalina <destruction....@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > With water all around, why would he bury her? Me, I would slash open
> > her belly and drop her in the water. Let fish do the rest.
>
> Great plan if the tide is going out. Tide coming in, not so much. But
> I guess if its coming in on one side of the island, it's going out on
> the other? What I know about tides wouldn't fill a teacup, somebody
> help me out here.

From what I recall, one would have had to take the body out past the
shallows, in order for it to not simply wash back towards shore. I can't
recall now how many hundred feet that was said to be, but IIRC it was
somewhat of a distance. I can't recall right now what it's called, but
that's why even when people drown in the ocean, usually the body washes back
to shore because they weren't out far enough to not be washed back in again
with the tide. He would have had to drag her out aways in a boat and then
dump her body.

Michael Snyder

May 2, 2007, 12:10:03 AM5/2/07

"Bo Raxo" <crimene...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Apr 30, 11:43 pm, Messalina <destruction....@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > With water all around, why would he bury her? Me, I would slash open
> > her belly and drop her in the water. Let fish do the rest.
>
> Great plan if the tide is going out. Tide coming in, not so much. But
> I guess if its coming in on one side of the island, it's going out on
> the other? What I know about tides wouldn't fill a teacup, somebody
> help me out here.

No, generally the tide will be doing the same thing on both
sides of the island. The only time that would not be true is
when the peak tide has passed one side of the island and is
on its way to the other side.

Bo Raxo

May 2, 2007, 12:42:25 AM5/2/07
On May 1, 9:10 pm, "Michael Snyder" <msny...@socmen.org> wrote:
> "Bo Raxo" <crimenewscen...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Right after I posted that, I realized the moon pulls the water up (or
lets it back down as the tidal force recedes). Duuuhhhh.

But thanks.

Messalina

May 2, 2007, 1:03:40 AM5/2/07
On May 1, 9:42 pm, Bo Raxo <crimenewscen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 1, 9:10 pm, "Michael Snyder" <msny...@socmen.org> wrote:
>

> > "Bo Raxo" <crimenewscen...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Great plan if the tide is going out. Tide coming in, not so much. But
> > > I guess if its coming in on one side of the island, it's going out on
> > > the other? What I know about tides wouldn't fill a teacup, somebody
> > > help me out here.
>
> > No, generally the tide will be doing the same thing on both
> > sides of the island. The only time that would not be true is
> > when the peak tide has passed one side of the island and is
> > on its way to the other side.
>
> Right after I posted that, I realized the moon pulls the water up (or
> lets it back down as the tidal force recedes). Duuuhhhh.
>
> But thanks.- Hide quoted text -

They really don't have tides there as we know them on the west coast.
I've dived there, I have first hand knowledge of this. The currents
don't get strong until several feet below the surface.

Mez

Snowman

May 2, 2007, 3:53:02 AM5/2/07
Ever read the Sherlock Holmes story "The Man With the Twisted Lip"?
What if Natalee is hiding in plain sight?

Message has been deleted

Bo Raxo

May 2, 2007, 11:08:07 AM5/2/07
On May 2, 12:53 am, Snowman <jkel...@zoomnet.net> wrote:
> Ever read the Sherlock Holmes story "The Man With the Twisted Lip"?
> What if Natalee is hiding in plain sight?

Ever heard of television?

Hint: Arthur Conan Doyle hadn't.

Yeah, a pretty girl everyone is looking for, in a population of
71,000. Little disguise, nobody will notice she suddenly appeared
about the time the most famous disappearance in their recent history
occurred. M'kay.

Michael Snyder

May 2, 2007, 11:33:01 AM5/2/07

"Pneuma Pelosi" <frank...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On 2 May 2007 00:53:02 -0700, Snowman <jke...@zoomnet.net> wrote:
>
> >Ever read the Sherlock Holmes story "The Man With the Twisted Lip"?
> >What if Natalee is hiding in plain sight?
>

> We had a family member up and disappear one day. About a year later the
> family member showed back up after we thought the family member was dead.

Well, speaking of wrongful executions, I did find the case of one
William Jackson Marion, hanged in Nebraska in 1887 for the murder
of John Cameron. Four years later, the "victim" showed up, alive and
well. He had run off to Mexico to avoid a shotgun wedding.

Messalina

May 2, 2007, 11:40:07 AM5/2/07
On May 2, 8:33 am, "Michael Snyder" <msny...@socmen.org> wrote:
> "Pneuma Pelosi" <frank.sp...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On 2 May 2007 00:53:02 -0700, Snowman <jkel...@zoomnet.net> wrote:
>
> > >Ever read the Sherlock Holmes story "The Man With the Twisted Lip"?
> > >What if Natalee is hiding in plain sight?
>
> > We had a family member up and disappear one day. About a year later the
> > family member showed back up after we thought the family member was dead.
>
> Well, speaking of wrongful executions, I did find the case of one
> William Jackson Marion, hanged in Nebraska in 1887 for the murder
> of John Cameron. Four years later, the "victim" showed up, alive and
> well. He had run off to Mexico to avoid a shotgun wedding.

I think you'll find that criminal investigations have evolved a bit
since 1887, even in Aruba.

Mez

Snowman

May 2, 2007, 1:59:27 PM5/2/07

Ever heard of television?

On Aruba,you have a point...but what about Curacao,or Bonaire?
Anyone look there?

Kris Baker

May 2, 2007, 4:01:33 PM5/2/07

"Snowman" <jke...@zoomnet.net> wrote in message

You wrote ALL of the above? It sounds like you're talking to yourself.
Please, learn to quote and attribute.

Bo Raxo

May 2, 2007, 11:22:18 PM5/2/07

Snowman said:
> On Aruba,you have a point...but what about Curacao,or Bonaire?
> Anyone look there?

Yeah, the public in the streets that heard the story on TV and read
about it in the newspapers looked around and didn't find a pretty
blond white American girl walking around, or at least not the right
one.

And how exactly would she get to Curacao or Bonaire without showing up
on a passenger manifest? And you don't think the Holloway
disappearance wasn't all over the news in Curacao and Bonaire? If
that girl was walking around, somebody would have spotted her. In
these kinds of cases, ,anyone *remotely* resembling the highly
publicized object of a search will get reported. Besides, you think
teen just walked away from her life, suddenly and without warning, and
is out there without making any contact with any family member or
friends?

Here's some perspective: What if she was being held as some sex slave
in some wacko's dungeon? Pretty unlikely: there aren't all that many
wackos that kidnap women to rape them, and of those a very tiny
percentage keep them alive for months on end. But *that* scenario, as
remote as it is, is far more plausible than that she is walking
around, unnoticed and letting her family and friends think she's
dead.

Bo Raxo