more on the Laci's pizza habits, etc

njs

Jun 20, 2004, 1:20:35 AM6/20/04
once again, interesting stuff from this great blog, is anyone keeping up
with this?

http://psychesknot.typepad.com/psyches_knot/

June 19, 2004
Peterson Case - Ranch Dressing & Sundry
The heads up I got that the pizza and ranch dressing would be brought up
again later, still intrigues me but I've found out little else. I picked
back over the transcripts for mention of it. Officer Letsinger testified it
was one of the first things he noticed upon entering the Covena house; a
pizza box on the counter with several slices left in it. Letsinger makes no
mention of the open bottle of ranch dressing and further answered during
cross examination, saying he saw the dining table was set, seemingly for
entertaining and he saw no other tables to sit and eat from.

Officer Spurlock testified that when he entered with Letsinger, he saw a
vegetarian style pizza and an open bottle of "Ranch" sitting on "a small
table" or something. Their perceptions are obviously different, as they
entered together but one perceives a counter, while the other calls it a
small table. On cross, Geragos has Spurlock confirm neither the pizza box
nor the bottle of Ranch dressing are visible. This leaves the mystery of who
moved these items, throwing them away? I do not think the police would do
such a thing. Was Scott left alone long enough in the house to discard them?
For some reason, Officer Evers, who entered the house as well in those early
hours of the investigation, was not asked in testimony about the pizza and
dressing.

I was told the rumored word is that Scott did not use Ranch dressing on
pizza, but Laci did. The idea may be that she was killed soon after eating
the pizza as it is doubtful Laci would have left out the pizza box and an
open bottle of dressing all night, much less while she ate breakfast the
next day. Something to listen for.

Other sundry bits to listen for or ruminate:

a.. Some of the recent discussion in chambers regarding new discovery may
have involved Lori Ellsworth and Stacy Boyers, both of whom will be
testifying next week, possibly before Brocchini. I believe the new discovery
pertained to things they recalled about Scott or the Peterson's relationship
that had not been relayed to the defense until last week. One item, rumored
months ago I recall, was some inappropriate touching by Scott to one of
Laci's friends. Ahem... his hands seem to gravitate to derrieres. You might
recall that photo of his paw on the red clad Amber booty.

b.. Another unsavory little rumor from the past, seems to be coming to the
fore again... that being that Scott asked a married male friend or two if a
certain part of his wife's anatomy would be/feel the same after the baby's
birth. If true... calling him a crass, cretinous clod would be kicking him a
couple of spots up the creep scale.

c.. No one in this case has ever given any indication that Laci seemed
abused by Scott in anyway. Quite the opposite was the opinion given by most,
that he was quite good and indulgent to her. But the testimony by a
pawnbroker that Laci seemed aggravated or "hesitant" about Scott being
affectionate and "rubbing her belly" in public gave me goosebumps. I may be
hypersensitive to this I admit, but it gave me feelings of a manipulator
subtly controlling his woman in public. Sharon Rocha has said Scott was
reluctant to feel the baby kick on December 15, when she was dining at the
Peterson's home.

This pawn shop incident happened on December 14, the day Scott left Laci
to go to a Christmas party alone while he partied and spent the night with
Amber in Fresno. Does it not give anyone else an uneasy feeling that before
he runs off to Amber, he has Laci in a pawn shop getting money? She also
went to the pawn shop, selling items on December 10. The very next day,
Scott went to Fresno to take Amber to Shawn Sibley's birthday party. I am
left with the uncomfortable notion he was making Laci finance his
"courtship" of Amber.

d.. Although Laura Ingle reported that the Barbara Walters interview with
the Petersons had been halted by the defense team, word is it may air on
July 4th. Something to watch for. Wonder if Barbara will ask Jackie what
kind of tree she would be?

e.. IF it is brought out in court just how Scott could afford the Del Rio
Golf Club membership... it's not going to come as a surprise to most of us.

f.. Rumored word is Scott had several phony diplomas, one of which was
thought to be for Arizona State University. His explanation was that Laci
bought them for a joke, fakes from the internet or some such thing. Odd...
but if true one of them was for Arizona State, you might recall that is the
university where it was widely reported Scott had had a golf scholarship but
left after one semester. This was disputed in a Golf Digest article. His
father Lee later said that whole story of a scholarship was misunderstood by
media. I can believe that... but who fostered the misunderstanding?

If you've travelled here from a forum link pertaining to the porn "essays"
Scott may have been perusing, the links to the possible stories were in
yesterday's blog entry. Click here to go to that entry and find the links.

I have to snicker at the contrast of Scott's family claiming Scott reads
classic literature such as Homer and does yoga in his cell but we hear the
rumor that while a free man he was reading online porn essays and doing the
horizontal mambo for exercise? Sounds like jail has been a culturally
enlightening experience for "perfect son". LOL

----------------------------------

As always, any comments I make on the Peterson case and the persons involved
is opinion and speculation on my part based on media reports and
conversations with Modesto friends which must be construed as rumor until
and unless proven otherwise.

Check the archive list for other Peterson case entries from this weblog.

----------------end of paste------------

Robert St. James (el corazon del demonio)

Jun 20, 2004, 1:33:44 AM6/20/04

"njs" <elev...@giveadamn.com> wrote in message

> once again, interesting stuff from this great blog, is anyone keeping up
> with this?
>
> http://psychesknot.typepad.com/psyches_knot/
<...>

> I was told the rumored word is that Scott did not use Ranch dressing on
> pizza, but Laci did. The idea may be that she was killed soon after eating
> the pizza as it is doubtful Laci would have left out the pizza box and an
> open bottle of dressing all night, much less while she ate breakfast the
> next day. Something to listen for.

Yeah, maybe. Or maybe they were eating it while watching some movie
and Laci fell asleep. For the last time.

> Other sundry bits to listen for or ruminate:
>

> a.. Some of the recent discussion in chambers regarding new discovery may
> have involved Lori Ellsworth and Stacy Boyers, both of whom will be
> testifying next week, possibly before Brocchini. I believe the new discovery
> pertained to things they recalled about Scott or the Peterson's relationship
> that had not been relayed to the defense until last week. One item, rumored
> months ago I recall, was some inappropriate touching by Scott to one of
> Laci's friends. Ahem... his hands seem to gravitate to derrieres. You might
> recall that photo of his paw on the red clad Amber booty.

Fascinating, but hardly relevant. We already know Scott's a booty-man.
That's not really in dispute.

> b.. Another unsavory little rumor from the past, seems to be coming to the
> fore again... that being that Scott asked a married male friend or two if a
> certain part of his wife's anatomy would be/feel the same after the baby's
> birth. If true... calling him a crass, cretinous clod would be kicking him a
> couple of spots up the creep scale.

Again, not really relevant. So he wants to know what her box is going
to be like after giving birth. Hard to go from that to sinister murder plots.

<...>

> This pawn shop incident happened on December 14, the day Scott left Laci
> to go to a Christmas party alone while he partied and spent the night with
> Amber in Fresno. Does it not give anyone else an uneasy feeling that before
> he runs off to Amber, he has Laci in a pawn shop getting money? She also
> went to the pawn shop, selling items on December 10. The very next day,
> Scott went to Fresno to take Amber to Shawn Sibley's birthday party. I am
> left with the uncomfortable notion he was making Laci finance his
> "courtship" of Amber.

Pretty cheap courtship considering Scott had no trouble pulling 1400
out of one of his accounts on Dec 9 to buy his boat. More likely Laci
was testing the waters at the pawnshops to find out how much real
cash the jewelry was worth. No indication who pocketed the cash.

<...>

> e.. IF it is brought out in court just how Scott could afford the Del Rio
> Golf Club membership... it's not going to come as a surprise to most of us.

Parents bought it for him. Unless Scott had a secret stash of money somewhere.

> f.. Rumored word is Scott had several phony diplomas, one of which was
> thought to be for Arizona State University. His explanation was that Laci
> bought them for a joke, fakes from the internet or some such thing. Odd...
> but if true one of them was for Arizona State, you might recall that is the
> university where it was widely reported Scott had had a golf scholarship but
> left after one semester. This was disputed in a Golf Digest article. His
> father Lee later said that whole story of a scholarship was misunderstood by
> media. I can believe that... but who fostered the misunderstanding?

Darth Canula. But again, it's not really in dispute that Scotty's a fake-ass.

<...>

> I have to snicker at the contrast of Scott's family claiming Scott reads
> classic literature such as Homer and does yoga in his cell but we hear the
> rumor that while a free man he was reading online porn essays and doing the
> horizontal mambo for exercise? Sounds like jail has been a culturally
> enlightening experience for "perfect son". LOL

Surprised he's not reading Agatha Christie.

RstJ

Patty

Jun 20, 2004, 1:44:49 AM6/20/04

"njs" <elev...@giveadamn.com> wrote in message
: once again, interesting stuff from this great blog, is anyone keeping up

I thought Scott took out the pizza to eat on Christmas Eve.

:
: Other sundry bits to listen for or ruminate:

:
:
:
: a.. Some of the recent discussion in chambers regarding new discovery may
: have involved Lori Ellsworth and Stacy Boyers, both of whom will be
: testifying next week, possibly before Brocchini. I believe the new discovery
: pertained to things they recalled about Scott or the Peterson's relationship
: that had not been relayed to the defense until last week. One item, rumored
: months ago I recall, was some inappropriate touching by Scott to one of
: Laci's friends. Ahem... his hands seem to gravitate to derrieres. You might
: recall that photo of his paw on the red clad Amber booty.

:
:
I think that happened a few years earlier when one of her friends, René Tomlinson, ran
into Scott at
Bear Valley ski resort. He was alone, said Laci didn't feel like going, and was
snowboarding. I think
at one point he may have teasingly grabbed her friend's ass.

Cliff and Linda Griffith

Jun 20, 2004, 2:18:32 AM6/20/04
"njs" <elev...@giveadamn.com> wrote in message
> c.. No one in this case has ever given any indication that Laci seemed
> abused by Scott in anyway. Quite the opposite was the opinion given by
most,
> that he was quite good and indulgent to her. But the testimony by a
> pawnbroker that Laci seemed aggravated or "hesitant" about Scott being
> affectionate and "rubbing her belly" in public gave me goosebumps. I may
be
> hypersensitive to this I admit, but it gave me feelings of a manipulator
> subtly controlling his woman in public. Sharon Rocha has said Scott was
> reluctant to feel the baby kick on December 15, when she was dining at the
> Peterson's home.

I've been pregnant twice, my husband was happy that we were pregnant, and I
delivered two full-term babies. But the day my husband touched, rubbed, or
caressed my stomach in public is the day that someone should have mentioned
that there was something wrong with him. He just didn't do that. If he
had, I would have slapped him.

Linda

formica63

Jun 20, 2004, 2:23:46 AM6/20/04

"njs" <elev...@giveadamn.com> wrote:

> once again, interesting stuff from this great blog, is anyone keeping up
> with this?
>
> http://psychesknot.typepad.com/psyches_knot/

No, but I will now ... thanks for the url.

Form.

Robert St. James (el corazon del demonio)

Jun 20, 2004, 4:53:32 AM6/20/04

"Patty" <r...@what.com> wrote in message

He did. Well, maybe he did. He says he did, but he says a lot of things.
I think the point was he wouldn't have taken out any ranch dressing to
go with it. Slim, but it's not going to be easy to pinpoint time of death
or even for that matter, a good range. I think it was probably in the middle
of the night and that Laci had fallen asleep on the couch, but I doubt
we'll ever know.

RstJ

<...>

OzzieAnnie

Jun 20, 2004, 6:40:46 AM6/20/04

"njs" <elev...@giveadamn.com> wrote in message
> once again, interesting stuff from this great blog, is anyone
keeping up
> with this?

*****Thx so much for posting this stuff, njs. OA

OzzieAnnie

Jun 20, 2004, 6:47:17 AM6/20/04

"Patty" <r...@what.com> wrote in message

*****Hi Patty! I think whatever went on Xmas Eve got all screwed up
and confused with the night before (the 23rd). From Salon Salon Laci
called and ordered them a pizza which they were picking up on the
way home. This is *that* pizza. Also, it was reported Scott ate some
of this leftover pizza when he got back from "fishing" on the
afternoon of the 24th. So it's interesting that even when the cops
got there later there were still several pieces of pizza left.
Scott's a big guy - if he'd had it for dinner the night before
(23rd), with Laci having some too, and then ate some when he got
home from "fishing" (24th), seems odd there was so much still left.
And that the bottle of dressing was still out too. Maybe whatever
Scott did to Laci happened before they got around to eating the
pizza...?

OAnnie

Kris Baker

Jun 20, 2004, 12:55:56 PM6/20/04

"Patty" <r...@what.com> wrote in message

>njs wrote:
>>once again, interesting stuff from this great blog, is anyone
>>keeping up with this?
>>
>>http://psychesknot.typepad.com/psyches_knot/

I bookmarked it, njs, but you're doing such a great job! ;)

> : I was told the rumored word is that Scott did not use Ranch dressing on
> : pizza, but Laci did. The idea may be that she was killed soon after
eating
> : the pizza as it is doubtful Laci would have left out the pizza box and
an
> : open bottle of dressing all night, much less while she ate breakfast the
> : next day. Something to listen for.
>
> I thought Scott took out the pizza to eat on Christmas Eve.

Well....he said he came home and ate some pizza.

Apparently, it's the ranch dressing that points to Laci, as
Scott didn't eat it. (IIRC, there was a mention that Laci
"dipped' her pizza in ranch dressing.....but I can't imagine
that. Maybe she had salad with hers.)

What does "use Ranch dressing ON pizza" mean? Is
this something common?

It's anti all decent housekeeping/food safety rules to
have dressing sit out on the counter all night, but I've
seen people keep opened bottles of it (and mayo!)
unrefrigerated in their cabinets.

Kris

tinydancer

Jun 20, 2004, 1:03:53 PM6/20/04

"Kris Baker" <kris....@prodigyy.net> wrote in message

I've never dipped my pizza in any dressing, but I believe it was mentioned
it was a veggie pizza. Maybe some people who eat veggie pizza's dip 'em
into dressing? I know what you mean about 'housekeeping/food safety' rules
though. I was shocked when we moved here to the south. My neighbors would
make something like fried chicken and leave it out on their counter all
afternoon, waiting for their husbands to come home for dinner. When we go
to a cookout, in the hot summer mind you, I'm usually the one questioning
'why the hamburger meat' is sitting out in the sun waiting for somebody to
get the grill started. "Um, don't you think we should put the meat into the
cooler until we're ready to use it?" "And the potato salad too?"

td

Robert St. James (el corazon del demonio)

Jun 20, 2004, 1:04:15 PM6/20/04

"Kris Baker"<...>

> What does "use Ranch dressing ON pizza" mean? Is
> this something common?

Oh, all the time, especially with today's bland take-out pizzas.
Canadian Bacon and Pineapple with some ranch is a great combo.

> It's anti all decent housekeeping/food safety rules to
> have dressing sit out on the counter all night, but I've
> seen people keep opened bottles of it (and mayo!)
> unrefrigerated in their cabinets.
>
> Kris

Scott seems to have done a rather thorough job cleaning
everything in the house except the kitchen counters. Mops
the floor, but doesn't do any dishes. Very selective is our
Scott when it comes to cleaning things, and I really want
to know where that glass box is with the honeymoon pictures
and seashells, seeing as how the rumor is Scott was doing
a whole lotta vaccuuming near the couch in the days after
the murder. Rochas wanted that. Darth said it was a "no way"
but there's no indication that Darth has it in her possession.

RstJ

Uncle Dollar Bill

Jun 20, 2004, 4:16:31 PM6/20/04
In alt.true-crime on Sun, 20 Jun 2004 16:55:56 GMT, "Kris Baker"
<kris....@prodigyy.net> wrote:

<snip>

> Apparently, it's the ranch dressing that points to Laci, as
> Scott didn't eat it. (IIRC, there was a mention that Laci
> "dipped' her pizza in ranch dressing.....but I can't imagine
> that. Maybe she had salad with hers.)

Not sure why that's difficult to imagine. I do it. Pizza, fries,
chicken, so _many_ things go good dipped in Ranch or Bleu Cheese
dressing. :-)
--
L8r,
Uncle Dollar Bill

Uncle Dollar Bill

Jun 20, 2004, 4:18:39 PM6/20/04
In alt.true-crime on Sun, 20 Jun 2004 13:03:53 -0400, "tinydancer"
<tinyd...@nowhere.com> wrote:

<snip>

>I've never dipped my pizza in any dressing, but I believe it was mentioned
>it was a veggie pizza. Maybe some people who eat veggie pizza's dip 'em
>into dressing?

Another thought on this "eating habits" thing - it's kind of funny
that anyone would find it hard to believe _anything_ about the eating
habits of a woman who was 8 & 1/2 months pregnant. Even if dipping
pizza in Ranch dressing were so unfathomable (which to me it's not,
'cuz I do it), I should think it much less unfathomable when
discussing a very, very pregnant woman. But maybe I've been
misinformed on how pregnancy can affect one's appetite. :-#

Hester888Mofet

Jun 20, 2004, 1:19:57 PM6/20/04
TD wrote:

>I've never dipped my pizza in any dressing, but I believe it was mentioned
>it was a veggie pizza. Maybe some people who eat veggie pizza's dip 'em
>into dressing? I know what you mean about 'housekeeping/food safety' rules
>though. I was shocked when we moved here to the south. My neighbors would
>make something like fried chicken and leave it out on their counter all
>afternoon, waiting for their husbands to come home for dinner. When we
>go
>to a cookout, in the hot summer mind you, I'm usually the one questioning
>'why the hamburger meat' is sitting out in the sun waiting for somebody
>get the grill started. "Um, don't you think we should put the meat into
>the
>cooler until we're ready to use it?" "And the potato salad too?"
>
>td

Pizza Hut recently had a Buffalo Chicken pizza that came with a ranch dressing
dip.

Hester Mofet

tinydancer

Jun 20, 2004, 1:36:50 PM6/20/04

"Uncle Dollar Bill" <UncleDo...@SpamMeNot.com> wrote in message

> In alt.true-crime on Sun, 20 Jun 2004 13:03:53 -0400, "tinydancer"
> <tinyd...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
> >I've never dipped my pizza in any dressing, but I believe it was
mentioned
> >it was a veggie pizza. Maybe some people who eat veggie pizza's dip 'em
> >into dressing?
>
> Another thought on this "eating habits" thing - it's kind of funny
> that anyone would find it hard to believe _anything_ about the eating
> habits of a woman who was 8 & 1/2 months pregnant. Even if dipping
> pizza in Ranch dressing were so unfathomable (which to me it's not,
> 'cuz I do it), I should think it much less unfathomable when
> discussing a very, very pregnant woman. But maybe I've been
> misinformed on how pregnancy can affect one's appetite. :-#
> --
> L8r,
> Uncle Dollar Bill

Great catch uncle bill, <g> and to think none of us women caught it. ;) I
went on an onion ring binge with one of mine. Just couldn't seem to get
enough french fried onion rings for awhile there. In fact when I went into
labor that time, I made dh stop at Burger King and get me a Whopper & onion
rings before I'd go to the hospital.

td

njs

Jun 20, 2004, 1:37:49 PM6/20/04

"Kris Baker" <kris....@prodigyy.net> wrote in message

> "Patty" <r...@what.com> wrote in message
> >
> >njs wrote:
> >>once again, interesting stuff from this great blog, is anyone
> >>keeping up with this?
> >>
> >>http://psychesknot.typepad.com/psyches_knot/
>
> I bookmarked it, njs, but you're doing such a great job! ;)

I just find that particular blog fascinating and well-written, and I haven't
seen much mention of it here, since someone first posted the URL. I race to
it daily and there's usually something there that I've not heard from any of
the tv updates, which always seem to take place when i'm at work. The fact
that this site is so well-done makes its reports of local info more
believable.

tinydancer

Jun 20, 2004, 1:37:36 PM6/20/04

> In alt.true-crime on Sun, 20 Jun 2004 16:55:56 GMT, "Kris Baker"
> <kris....@prodigyy.net> wrote:
>
> <snip>
> > Apparently, it's the ranch dressing that points to Laci, as
> > Scott didn't eat it. (IIRC, there was a mention that Laci
> > "dipped' her pizza in ranch dressing.....but I can't imagine
> > that. Maybe she had salad with hers.)
>
> Not sure why that's difficult to imagine. I do it. Pizza, fries,
> chicken, so _many_ things go good dipped in Ranch or Bleu Cheese
> dressing. :-)
> --
> L8r,
> Uncle Dollar Bill

I like dipping fresh veggies in Ranch dressing.

td

njs

Jun 20, 2004, 1:41:55 PM6/20/04

"tinydancer" <tinyd...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

I know a lot of pizza-dippers, but I thought it was a Texas thing. People
dip every freaking thing in Ranch dressing around here, pizza included. I'm
with you, td, food left out totally freaks me out. I get nervous having the
salad dressing on the table during the time it takes to serve dinner. And
I'm no neat freak, but I thought a this pizza/salad dressing thing sounded
pretty off-kilter for one who keeps a neat house. I still think it's the
small things like this that are going to surround and smother Scott. I hope.

njs

Jun 20, 2004, 1:45:02 PM6/20/04

"Cliff and Linda Griffith" <grif...@charter.net> wrote in message

I know what you mean. About a person like Scott doing it so blatantly -- in
a store, of all places -- once again: "front-loading the alibi"

Cliff and Linda Griffith

Jun 20, 2004, 1:44:46 PM6/20/04
"Uncle Dollar Bill" <UncleDo...@SpamMeNot.com> wrote in message
> In alt.true-crime on Sun, 20 Jun 2004 16:55:56 GMT, "Kris Baker"
> <kris....@prodigyy.net> wrote:
>
> <snip>
> > Apparently, it's the ranch dressing that points to Laci, as
> > Scott didn't eat it. (IIRC, there was a mention that Laci
> > "dipped' her pizza in ranch dressing.....but I can't imagine
> > that. Maybe she had salad with hers.)
>
> Not sure why that's difficult to imagine. I do it. Pizza, fries,
> chicken, so _many_ things go good dipped in Ranch or Bleu Cheese
> dressing. :-)
> --
> L8r,
> Uncle Dollar Bill

Popcorn dipped in Ranch, too.
Linda

d~

Jun 20, 2004, 1:50:11 PM6/20/04
<tinyd...@nowhere.com> wrote:

>I've never dipped my pizza in any dressing, but I believe it was mentioned
>it was a veggie pizza. Maybe some people who eat veggie pizza's dip 'em
>into dressing?

I've been waiting to see if anyone else thought this was weird...

However, my step-sister eats ALL her pizza with ranch dressing. She
dips the pizza in the dressing and sometimes even drizzels it on the
top of the pizza. It's disgusting to see, but she made me try it and
it actually wasn't bad.

It's not something I've adopted, it was just a different taste that
was ok. I even think that there was a pizza place that offered ranch
as a side order.... what was that place? Papa Johns? Yep. At the
bottom, note their "dipping sauces"
http://www.papajohns.com/menu/index.htm

Come to think of it, at our pizza place, they inform people that there
house dressing is FABULOUS for dipping the pizza crust in. THAT I do
do with all my pizza crust (and sometimes the whole pizza slice). but
it's garlic, parmesan, oil, spices and balsamic vinegar. mmmmmm.

d~

tinydancer

Jun 20, 2004, 2:11:06 PM6/20/04

"d~" <djo...@nospamhotmail.com> wrote in message

Now I guess I'll have to try it, just to see how it tastes.

td

tinydancer

Jun 20, 2004, 2:11:56 PM6/20/04

"njs" <elev...@giveadamn.com> wrote in message

A little more towards premediation.

td

Kris Baker

Jun 20, 2004, 2:21:08 PM6/20/04

> In alt.true-crime on Sun, 20 Jun 2004 13:03:53 -0400, "tinydancer"
> <tinyd...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
> >I've never dipped my pizza in any dressing, but I believe it
> >was mentioned it was a veggie pizza. Maybe some people who
> >eat veggie pizza's dip 'em into dressing?

Ugh, no. I eat veggie pizza because I hate "meat made
for men" (ham, sausage, pepperoni, hot dogs, and other
cured/salty meats). I also have it made with extra sauce
(tomato) and hardly any cheese, because I hate cheap
greasy cheese, too ;)

The thoughts of DIPPING pizza into something else cheap
and greasy is making me nauseous.

I don't believe anyone would dip pizza.

Is it possible she dipped the CRUST (pizza bones) into
dressing.....or got the pizza from one of those places
that gives you breadsticks and dressing? (Of course,
it's pretty funny that people will eat breadsticks and not
the pizza bones, when it's all the same thing but
shaped differently).

Kris

Kris Baker

Jun 20, 2004, 2:22:36 PM6/20/04

"njs" <elev...@giveadamn.com> wrote in message

I don't need to get hooked on ONE MORE THING ;)

But you're right.....it's very interesting and I love waiting to see
what we'll hear in the trial.

It sounds like drugs are going to come up in the "financial"
thing.....and drug dealers stole Laci.

Kris

Kris Baker

Jun 20, 2004, 2:25:51 PM6/20/04

> I know a lot of pizza-dippers, but I thought it was a Texas thing.
> People dip every freaking thing in Ranch dressing around here,
> pizza included.

Oh. My. God. It's true? Pizza's a wet, greasy thing. Who
wants it wetter and greasier?

> I'm with you, td, food left out totally freaks me out. I get
> nervous having the salad dressing on the table during the
> time it takes to serve dinner. And I'm no neat freak, but
> I thought a this pizza/salad dressing thing sounded
> pretty off-kilter for one who keeps a neat house. I still
> think it's the small things like this that are going to
> surround and smother Scott. I hope.

Me too.

Kris
Hates seeing a telephone in a kitchen, too. Ugh. Ugh...
but you don't want to eat off my floor ;)

Robert St. James (el corazon del demonio)

Jun 20, 2004, 2:27:05 PM6/20/04

"tinydancer" <tinyd...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

I guess I don't see all that much one way or the other with Scott's
belly-rubbing. Other than the fact Laci apparently didn't like it, but
that doesn't mean much since I'm sure he did plenty of things she
didn't like--things like ditching her on Dec 14.

Front-loading the alibi is more Scott going to the salon and inviting
Amy over for pizza, and especially the fruit basket deal. Belly-rubbing
is more just him being an annoying dork.

RstJ

Kris Baker

Jun 20, 2004, 2:31:45 PM6/20/04

"d~" <djo...@nospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 13:03:53 -0400, "tinydancer"
> <tinyd...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
> >I've never dipped my pizza in any dressing, but I believe it was
mentioned
> >it was a veggie pizza. Maybe some people who eat veggie pizza's dip 'em
> >into dressing?
>
> I've been waiting to see if anyone else thought this was weird...
>
> However, my step-sister eats ALL her pizza with ranch dressing. She
> dips the pizza in the dressing and sometimes even drizzels it on the
> top of the pizza. It's disgusting to see, but she made me try it and
> it actually wasn't bad.
>
> It's not something I've adopted, it was just a different taste that
> was ok. I even think that there was a pizza place that offered ranch
> as a side order.... what was that place? Papa Johns? Yep. At the
> bottom, note their "dipping sauces"
> http://www.papajohns.com/menu/index.htm

Papa John's. Ugh. They have this weird "four cheese" thing,
and part of it is CHEDDAR! Cheddar.

> Come to think of it, at our pizza place, they inform people that there
> house dressing is FABULOUS for dipping the pizza crust in. THAT I do
> do with all my pizza crust (and sometimes the whole pizza slice). but
> it's garlic, parmesan, oil, spices and balsamic vinegar. mmmmmm.
>
> d~

I usually just make my own pizza, so I didn't realize that
it was a common thing.

My husband wanted shellfish boil and cream pulls for Father's
Day. I think HE is pregnant ;)

Guess what recipe I had to follow for cream puff shells?

Profiteroles (Jan/Feb 2002 Cook's Illustrated). I guess a
profiterole is just an ice-cream filled cream puff, like those
frozen cream puff things at Costco?

So last night, I'm making profiteroles and can't get away
from this case AT ALL!

Kris

Uncle Dollar Bill

Jun 20, 2004, 5:39:09 PM6/20/04
In alt.true-crime on Sun, 20 Jun 2004 18:21:08 GMT, "Kris Baker"
<kris....@prodigyy.net> wrote:

<snip>

> I don't believe anyone would dip pizza.

Are you calling me a liar? ;-)

--
L8r,
Uncle Dollar Bill

ImNot911

Jun 20, 2004, 2:41:30 PM6/20/04
>From: "Kris Baker"

>It sounds like drugs are going to come up in the "financial"
>thing.....and drug dealers stole Laci.
>
>Kris

Since the first time I saw Amber I've thought she and Scott probably had a drug
habit in common. Maybe that's what Amber had that Laci didn't. Amber had the
look of a speed freak or coke head. Didn't she go into some sort of rehab
shortly after her press conference?
I doubt Scott had anything to do with selling ingredients or manufacturing
drugs, he doesn't seem to have the dedication required for the business side of
drugs. Also, I doubt his ag chems included anhydrous ammonia. I don't know of
other agricultural chemicals used in meth production.
JoAnn

Patty

Jun 20, 2004, 3:31:38 PM6/20/04

:
: "Uncle Dollar Bill" <UncleDo...@SpamMeNot.com> wrote in message

: news:40dcf06d...@newsgroups.bellsouth.net...
: > In alt.true-crime on Sun, 20 Jun 2004 16:55:56 GMT, "Kris Baker"
: > <kris....@prodigyy.net> wrote:
: >
: > <snip>
: > > Apparently, it's the ranch dressing that points to Laci, as
: > > Scott didn't eat it. (IIRC, there was a mention that Laci
: > > "dipped' her pizza in ranch dressing.....but I can't imagine
: > > that. Maybe she had salad with hers.)
: >
: > Not sure why that's difficult to imagine. I do it. Pizza, fries,
: > chicken, so _many_ things go good dipped in Ranch or Bleu Cheese
: > dressing. :-)
: > --
: > L8r,
: > Uncle Dollar Bill
:
:
: I like dipping fresh veggies in Ranch dressing.
:
: td
:

There was a time when I liked to dip French bread in Thousand Island
dressing.

Patty

Jun 20, 2004, 3:41:05 PM6/20/04

: "Uncle Dollar Bill" <UncleDo...@SpamMeNot.com> wrote in message

: news:40dcf06d...@newsgroups.bellsouth.net...
: > In alt.true-crime on Sun, 20 Jun 2004 16:55:56 GMT, "Kris Baker"
: > <kris....@prodigyy.net> wrote:
: >
: > <snip>
: > > Apparently, it's the ranch dressing that points to Laci, as
: > > Scott didn't eat it. (IIRC, there was a mention that Laci
: > > "dipped' her pizza in ranch dressing.....but I can't imagine
: > > that. Maybe she had salad with hers.)
: >
: > Not sure why that's difficult to imagine. I do it. Pizza, fries,
: > chicken, so _many_ things go good dipped in Ranch or Bleu Cheese
: > dressing. :-)
: > --
: > L8r,
: > Uncle Dollar Bill
:
: Popcorn dipped in Ranch, too.
: Linda
:
:

That sounds terrible. How does one eat popcorn dipped in dressing?
Is it still a finger food?

Patty

Jun 20, 2004, 3:44:59 PM6/20/04

"Hester888Mofet" <hester8...@aol.com> wrote in message

I love Buffalo chicken wings, but please not on a pizza. I don't even want to see
chicken on a pizza.

Kris Baker

Jun 20, 2004, 3:56:28 PM6/20/04

"Patty" <r...@what.com> wrote in message

Same here.....and don't get me started with pineapple on pizza.

I don't think most Americans even know what a pizza is supposed to be.

What started out as a simple (but delicious) Italian bread with olive
oil and/or leftover marinara and maybe a few trimmings, is now
"casserole in a crust" dripping with greasy cheeseS and meats.

Kris

Uncle Dollar Bill

Jun 20, 2004, 7:06:21 PM6/20/04
In alt.true-crime on Sun, 20 Jun 2004 19:56:28 GMT, "Kris Baker"
<kris....@prodigyy.net> wrote:

<snip>

>I don't think most Americans even know what a pizza is supposed to be.

_Was_ supposed to be. We just took a good initial idea and perfected
it. ;-)

>What started out as a simple (but delicious) Italian bread with olive
>oil and/or leftover marinara and maybe a few trimmings, is now
>"casserole in a crust" dripping with greasy cheeseS and meats.

Stop it, you're making me hungry! ;-d

--
L8r,
Uncle Dollar Bill

njs

Jun 20, 2004, 4:29:35 PM6/20/04

"Kris Baker" <kris....@prodigyy.net> wrote in message

"pizza bones"

(SHRIEKING laughing, here)

Patty

Jun 20, 2004, 4:23:17 PM6/20/04

"Robert St. James (el corazon del demonio)" <robert...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
:
: "Kris Baker"<...>
[...]

Darth said, I mean Jackie, now you've got me started, said that
she gave Scott and Laci the seashell glass box with honeymoon
pictures, so why shouldn't the Petersons get to keep it.

Kris Baker

Jun 20, 2004, 4:32:44 PM6/20/04

> "Kris Baker" <kris....@prodigyy.net> wrote in message
> >

> > I don't believe anyone would dip pizza.
> >
> > Is it possible she dipped the CRUST (pizza bones) into
> > dressing.....or got the pizza from one of those places
> > that gives you breadsticks and dressing? (Of course,
> > it's pretty funny that people will eat breadsticks and not
> > the pizza bones, when it's all the same thing but
> > shaped differently).
> >

> > Kris
>
> "pizza bones"
>
> (SHRIEKING laughing, here)

I don't know if my husband or daughter started that, years
ago. You know men....they're on the same level as the kid
most of the time....but it stuck. I love it.

Kris

njs

Jun 20, 2004, 4:37:23 PM6/20/04

"Robert St. James (el corazon del demonio)" <robert...@yahoo.com> wrote
in message news:ZFkBc.85784$Sw.38399@attbi_s51...

pfff. I think he was trying to establish in public that he was a loving
daddy-to-be. I don't believe that shit for a second.

> Front-loading the alibi is more Scott going to the salon and inviting
> Amy over for pizza, and especially the fruit basket deal. Belly-rubbing
> is more just him being an annoying dork.
>
> RstJ

An annoying dork who needed to be seen as a gooey, adoring husband who
couldn't take his hands off his precious pregnant wife's belly. He's SO not
the type to do that naturally. And how many normal guys do you see in public
rubbing their pregnant wife's bellies? In private, maybe. But I bet Scott
didn't get near her in private. For one thing, he apparently was never home
to get near her!

Patty

Jun 20, 2004, 4:33:56 PM6/20/04

:
: "Patty" <r...@what.com> wrote in message
: news:9aae395f75ac783a...@news.teranews.com...
: >
: > "njs" <elev...@giveadamn.com> wrote in message
: > news:D89Bc.7895$w07....@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...
: > : once again, interesting stuff from this great blog, is anyone keeping up
: > : with this?
: > :
[...]

Sorry but ranch dressing being left out is not a smoking gun and isn't even
smoke. Could be any innocuous reason why it was out.

Patty

Jun 20, 2004, 4:45:11 PM6/20/04

[...]
He probably told Laci on the 14th that he needed cash because his boss
was coming into SF Int'l Airport, and he would get reimbursed later.

Damselfly

Jun 20, 2004, 5:23:53 PM6/20/04

Kris Baker wrote:

> Apparently, it's the ranch dressing that points to Laci, as
> Scott didn't eat it. (IIRC, there was a mention that Laci
> "dipped' her pizza in ranch dressing.....but I can't imagine
> that. Maybe she had salad with hers.)
>

> What does "use Ranch dressing ON pizza" mean? Is
> this something common?

Friend of mine used to eat his pizza ("vegetarian pizza with beef,
please" LOL) with ranch. I think he dipped it. Only person I've ever
known to do that. I like ranch, but I don't like it on pizza :-P

Damsel

Michele317

Jun 20, 2004, 5:35:00 PM6/20/04
>once again, interesting stuff from this great blog, is anyone keeping up
>with this?
>
>http://psychesknot.typepad.com/psyches_knot/
>
>June 19, 2004
>Peterson Case - Ranch Dressing & Sundry

thanks for posting this njs! as a half-italian new yorker, i'm getting queasy
reading the dip-pizza-in-ranch-dressing accounts. i hope that's just a
pregnancy craving.

Michele317

Jun 20, 2004, 5:36:52 PM6/20/04
> What does "use Ranch dressing ON pizza" mean? Is
> this something common?

i don't know kris, and i'm trying not to think about it. i'm a pizza purist...
keep your ham, pineapple, chicken etc. off my half of the pie, please!

Robert St. James (el corazon del demonio)

Jun 20, 2004, 5:37:28 PM6/20/04

"Patty" <r...@what.com> wrote in message

I doubt it makes a whole lotta difference to the Rochas, but then
again, is there any evidence they actually *asked* for it? Yes, it's
mentioned in an article about things they had on a list, but it's not
clear that box is on the list. The other things, furniture, clothes, china,
etc, I can understand. But why the hell would the Rochas want honeymoon
photos of Laci and the guy who killed her? Seriously, would that request
make any sense to you?

And what's that bit down at the end about not knowing where the box
is today? Does that mean Darth has it and won't give it up? Or does
that mean that Darth *doesn't* have it and nobody knows where it is?
Did LE take it?

"There are no photos of Laci to turn over, Peterson said. She said police
took every one that included Laci, leaving four photos in the house."

"She was adamant about a glass memento box. She said she gave the glass box to her
son and daughter-in-law for display of photos and seashells from their honeymoon
in Tahiti.

"That's a 'no-way,'" Peterson said about giving the box to the Rochas.
It is not known where the box is today."

The reason I'm so fixated on that box is that there's a persistent rumor
Scott was doing a lot of vaccuming on Dec 25, mostly around the couch.
That box was probably displayed somewhere, and when you look at some
house photos you can see Laci liked to put framed photos all over:
http://community-2.webtv.net/westttrial/laci7/page2.html so I'm guessing
the box was displayed somewhere. Where? And where is it today? Did it
get broken?

RstJ

RstJ

Michele317

Jun 20, 2004, 5:38:25 PM6/20/04
>> I love Buffalo chicken wings, but please not on a pizza. I don't even
>want to see
>> chicken on a pizza.
>
>Same here.....and don't get me started with pineapple on pizza.
>
>I don't think most Americans even know what a pizza is supposed to be.
>
>What started out as a simple (but delicious) Italian bread with olive
>oil and/or leftover marinara and maybe a few trimmings, is now
>"casserole in a crust" dripping with greasy cheeseS and meats.
>
>Kris

and not even the right cheeses, for crying out loud! cheddar???

Kris Baker

Jun 20, 2004, 5:45:42 PM6/20/04

"Michele317" <miche...@aol.combover> wrote in message

Oh, yeah. The more cheese the better, don't you know?
The cheddar's there for color. Actually, I've seen the
package of this "four cheese blend" used by so many
pizza places, and it's really "cheese food". Like the old
saying says, if it has to have the word "food" in it, it's not.

I don't know why they call that crap "pizza".....and those
chains! Sixty-five different names for a product they've
ruined. Cheese on top, cheese on the bottom, cheese
in the crust dough, "stuffed crust". Pineapple.

Kris

njs

Jun 20, 2004, 5:48:19 PM6/20/04

"Kris Baker" <kris....@prodigyy.net> wrote in message

well, it's stuck with me, now. I can't wait to use it. Might order pizza
tonight, just to talk about it. The thing is, we all eat the pizza bones, so
it's going to be difficult to work into the conversation. God, it cracks me
up, though. My mother has always said "pizza rinds" but bones is ever so
much more clever!

Patty

Jun 20, 2004, 5:48:25 PM6/20/04

"Michele317" <miche...@aol.combover> wrote in message
: >> I love Buffalo chicken wings, but please not on a pizza. I don't even

I don't know if I've seen cheddar on a pizza. Is that some sort of
Mexican pizza?

Kris Baker

Jun 20, 2004, 6:02:07 PM6/20/04

"Patty" <r...@what.com> wrote in message

I guess you don't have Papa John's in your area? It's pretty common
among the newer chains. Look closely, and you'll see orange
flecks in the cheese. I had to ask what it was, and they were
insulted when I asked them if they could pick it out.

Kris
never going back

Michele317

Jun 20, 2004, 6:02:29 PM6/20/04
>> >I don't think most Americans even know what a pizza is supposed to be.
>> >
>> >What started out as a simple (but delicious) Italian bread with olive
>> >oil and/or leftover marinara and maybe a few trimmings, is now
>> >"casserole in a crust" dripping with greasy cheeseS and meats.
>> >
>> >Kris
>>
>> and not even the right cheeses, for crying out loud! cheddar???
>
>Oh, yeah. The more cheese the better, don't you know?
>The cheddar's there for color. Actually, I've seen the
>package of this "four cheese blend" used by so many
>pizza places, and it's really "cheese food". Like the old
>saying says, if it has to have the word "food" in it, it's not.
>
>I don't know why they call that crap "pizza".....and those
>chains! Sixty-five different names for a product they've
>ruined. Cheese on top, cheese on the bottom, cheese
>in the crust dough, "stuffed crust". Pineapple.
>
>Kris

lol... yeah, a 2" tunnel of cheese through the crust, but watch those carbs,
dude; they'll make you fat!! thankfully i've only seen these things on tv
commercials and in grocery store freezers; nyc is not overrun by 'pizza'
chains.

Patty

Jun 20, 2004, 6:04:58 PM6/20/04

"Kris Baker" <kris....@prodigyy.net> wrote in message
:
: "Patty" <r...@what.com> wrote in message

We have Papa John's, at least I think we do, but I never go to the
large national chains, I prefer the local ones. With the exception of
Round Table Pizza, which actually started as a local pizza place
I think in Menlo Park. My favorite pizza place here is Pizza My Heart,
which started in Capitola and now has several other stores in
Silicon Valley.

Uncle Dollar Bill

Jun 20, 2004, 9:18:48 PM6/20/04
In alt.true-crime on Sun, 20 Jun 2004 21:37:28 GMT, "Robert St. James
\(el corazon del demonio\)" <robert...@yahoo.com> wrote:

<snip>
>[...] why the hell would the Rochas want honeymoon photos of Laci and

>the guy who killed her? Seriously, would that request make any sense
>to you?

Could be the same type of thing as those people who bought some of
Gacy's artwork just so they could burn it. But again, that's just
a wild, random speculation on my part. I just know anger, whether
justified or not, is almost never rational.

Robert St. James (el corazon del demonio)

Jun 20, 2004, 6:26:35 PM6/20/04

"ImNot911" <imno...@aol.commotion> wrote in message

> >From: "Kris Baker"
>
> >It sounds like drugs are going to come up in the "financial"
> >thing.....and drug dealers stole Laci.
> >
> >Kris
>
> Since the first time I saw Amber I've thought she and Scott probably had a drug
> habit in common. Maybe that's what Amber had that Laci didn't. Amber had the
> look of a speed freak or coke head. Didn't she go into some sort of rehab
> shortly after her press conference?

That's the rumor. Florida. Same place as Kobe's accuser apparently. Don't
know if its true. I think it might be because she looked like a mess at that
conference.

> I doubt Scott had anything to do with selling ingredients or manufacturing
> drugs, he doesn't seem to have the dedication required for the business side of
> drugs. Also, I doubt his ag chems included anhydrous ammonia. I don't know of
> other agricultural chemicals used in meth production.
> JoAnn

It was a rumor. But Tradecorp, while a subsidiary of a larger firm that
does produce anhydrous ammonia, does not appear to market it in any
form as part of their product line.

RstJ

Robert St. James (el corazon del demonio)

Jun 20, 2004, 6:34:14 PM6/20/04

> In alt.true-crime on Sun, 20 Jun 2004 21:37:28 GMT, "Robert St. James
> \(el corazon del demonio\)" <robert...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
> >[...] why the hell would the Rochas want honeymoon photos of Laci and
> >the guy who killed her? Seriously, would that request make any sense
> >to you?
>
> Could be the same type of thing as those people who bought some of
> Gacy's artwork just so they could burn it. But again, that's just
> a wild, random speculation on my part. I just know anger, whether
> justified or not, is almost never rational.
> --
> L8r,
> Uncle Dollar Bill

Neither is Darth Jackie's "adamant" refusal to turn over a glass box
that nobody seems to know the location of.

RstJ

tinydancer

Jun 20, 2004, 7:26:24 PM6/20/04

"njs" <elev...@giveadamn.com> wrote in message

Around here the doggies get bits of the pizza bones. ;) We've called 'em
that for years. I thought it was pretty much universal. Never heard pizza
rinds before, that ones good too.

td

njs

Jun 20, 2004, 7:32:01 PM6/20/04

"tinydancer" <tinyd...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

In fact, just cut out the middle of the damn thing, and give me the edges.
If it ain't bread, it ain't food, is my motto.

Uncle Dollar Bill

Jun 20, 2004, 10:32:41 PM6/20/04
In alt.true-crime on Sun, 20 Jun 2004 19:26:24 -0400, "tinydancer"
<tinyd...@nowhere.com> wrote:

<snip>

>Around here the doggies get bits of the pizza bones. ;) We've called 'em
>that for years. I thought it was pretty much universal. Never heard pizza
>rinds before, that ones good too.

Gosh, and here I've always just called it pizza "crust". I feel like
such an oddball, now... {=-#

--
L8r,
Uncle Dollar Bill

Glenn and Betsy

Jun 20, 2004, 7:38:56 PM6/20/04

"Kris Baker" <kris....@prodigyy.net> wrote in message

Well, here in the northwest, ham and pineapple pizza is one of the most
popular. You see, with the crust, ham, cheese and pineapple, you have a
balanced meal! All four food groups in one! No guilt giving it to your kids!

Betsy

Kris Baker

Jun 20, 2004, 8:58:45 PM6/20/04

"tinydancer" <tinyd...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

My SIL says they called it "pizza bones" in SoCal, too, so I guess
it's pretty wide-spread.

Kris

Kris Baker

Jun 20, 2004, 8:59:26 PM6/20/04

> In fact, just cut out the middle of the damn thing, and give me the edges.
> If it ain't bread, it ain't food, is my motto.

Yeah! Just a LITTLE flavoring on the crust.

Kris

Kris Baker

Jun 20, 2004, 9:00:40 PM6/20/04

"Glenn and Betsy" <b.fe...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> "Kris Baker" <kris....@prodigyy.net> wrote in message
> >

> > Same here.....and don't get me started with pineapple on pizza.
> >
> > I don't think most Americans even know what a pizza is supposed to be.
> >
> > What started out as a simple (but delicious) Italian bread with olive
> > oil and/or leftover marinara and maybe a few trimmings, is now
> > "casserole in a crust" dripping with greasy cheeseS and meats.
> >
> > Kris
> >

> Well, here in the northwest, ham and pineapple pizza is one of the most
> popular. You see, with the crust, ham, cheese and pineapple, you have a
> balanced meal! All four food groups in one! No guilt giving it to your
kids!

> Betsy

It's the most popular in Utah, too. "Hawaiian Pizza".
I like pineapple, and I can eat a bit of ham. But I don't want
either near marinara.

Kris

tinydancer

Jun 20, 2004, 9:20:45 PM6/20/04

> In alt.true-crime on Sun, 20 Jun 2004 19:26:24 -0400, "tinydancer"
> <tinyd...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
> >Around here the doggies get bits of the pizza bones. ;) We've called
'em
> >that for years. I thought it was pretty much universal. Never heard
pizza
> >rinds before, that ones good too.
>
> Gosh, and here I've always just called it pizza "crust". I feel like
> such an oddball, now... {=-#

And I bet ya feed it to the boa that way too! ;)

td

CBZ

Jun 20, 2004, 9:30:21 PM6/20/04

"Kris Baker" <kris....@prodigyy.net> wrote in message

> > In alt.true-crime on Sun, 20 Jun 2004 13:03:53 -0400, "tinydancer"
> > <tinyd...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> >
> > <snip>

> > >I've never dipped my pizza in any dressing, but I believe it
> > >was mentioned it was a veggie pizza. Maybe some people who
> > >eat veggie pizza's dip 'em into dressing?
>
> Ugh, no. I eat veggie pizza because I hate "meat made
> for men" (ham, sausage, pepperoni, hot dogs, and other
> cured/salty meats). I also have it made with extra sauce
> (tomato) and hardly any cheese, because I hate cheap
> greasy cheese, too ;)
>
> The thoughts of DIPPING pizza into something else cheap
> and greasy is making me nauseous.

> I don't believe anyone would dip pizza.

I know many people, including myself, order a side of Blue Cheese dressing
w/ pizza, --not uncommon at all. It's really not a big deal, omg DIPPING

Cliff and Linda Griffith

Jun 20, 2004, 9:49:42 PM6/20/04
> : Popcorn dipped in Ranch, too.
> : Linda
> :
> :
>
> That sounds terrible. How does one eat popcorn dipped in dressing?
> Is it still a finger food?

Yep, it's still a finger food. You put some Ranch dressing in a little bowl
and dip the popcorn in it. (Don't saturate it!)

Linda

aee1307

Jun 20, 2004, 11:54:19 PM6/20/04
"Kris Baker" <kris....@prodigyy.net> wrote in message news:<oAkBc.851$JU2...@newssvr16.news.prodigy.com>...
> > In alt.true-crime on Sun, 20 Jun 2004 13:03:53 -0400, "tinydancer"
> > <tinyd...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> > >I've never dipped my pizza in any dressing, but I believe it
> > >was mentioned it was a veggie pizza. Maybe some people who
> > >eat veggie pizza's dip 'em into dressing?
>
> Ugh, no. I eat veggie pizza because I hate "meat made
> for men" (ham, sausage, pepperoni, hot dogs, and other
> cured/salty meats). I also have it made with extra sauce
> (tomato) and hardly any cheese, because I hate cheap
> greasy cheese, too ;)
>
> The thoughts of DIPPING pizza into something else cheap
> and greasy is making me nauseous.
>
> I don't believe anyone would dip pizza.

Yep, it's true. You dip pizza just like you would dip anything else.
I've done it since college 8 yrs ago and I know lots of other people
who do it too. Maybe it's a Texas thing. One pizza place used to
give you little containers of ranch to dip, that may be where I first
tried it. I've had lots of people see me and tell me it's weird, and
then try it themselves and like it. It sounds weird, but it's really
good, at least to me.

Amanda

Kris Baker

Jun 21, 2004, 12:04:49 AM6/21/04

"aee1307" <aee...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Well, I'm convinced. I just don't see the need for it.

It's already gooey.

Next, folks here will tell me that you dip the "dipped"
pizza in breadcrumbs to soak up the dressing ;)

Kris

d~

Jun 21, 2004, 7:01:45 AM6/21/04
On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 18:31:45 GMT, "Kris Baker"
<kris....@prodigyy.net> wrote:

> I usually just make my own pizza, so I didn't realize that
> it was a common thing.

We've started making our own pizza (got a pizza stone for my Italian
husband for valentines day). My husband makes the BEST pizza sauce, I
heat the stone, make the dough and shred the cheese (whole milk
mozzarella, Romano and Parmesan). Then he stretches out the dough and
builds the pizza.

It's amazing.

The whole dressing on the pizza crust thing, the dressing (from our
NYC-Style Pizza place) we use is more like vinegar and Parmesan herbed
vinegar. It's not *really* "dressing" - - I'm not a weirdo like my
step-sister (or Laci) - - right?

d~

Sarah Monroe

Jun 21, 2004, 7:56:19 AM6/21/04
>Another thought on this "eating habits" thing - it's kind of funny
>that anyone would find it hard to believe _anything_ about the eating
>habits of a woman who was 8 & 1/2 months pregnant. Even if dipping
>pizza in Ranch dressing were so unfathomable (which to me it's not,
>'cuz I do it), I should think it much less unfathomable when
>discussing a very, very pregnant woman. But maybe I've been
>misinformed on how pregnancy can affect one's appetite. :-#

>--
>L8r,
>Uncle Dollar Bill
>All one need do in order to produce evil
>is to simply not fight it.

You are right about weird eating habits. In one of my pregnancies, I craved
raw potatoes, couldn't get enough of them. Never ate raw potatoes before or
since.

Gms

A question for today too.
"Are you better off now than you were four years ago?'' Ronald Reagan 1980

Sarah Monroe

Jun 21, 2004, 7:59:15 AM6/21/04
>Gosh, and here I've always just called it pizza "crust". I feel like
>such an oddball, now... {=-#
>--
>L8r,
>Uncle Dollar Bill

I've never heard it called pizza bones. It's pizza crust around here too. Dog
food.

ravinwulf

Jun 21, 2004, 9:35:28 AM6/21/04
On 21 Jun 2004 11:59:15 GMT, gmsp...@aol.com (Sarah Monroe) wrote:

>>Gosh, and here I've always just called it pizza "crust". I feel like
>>such an oddball, now... {=-#
>>--
>>L8r,
>>Uncle Dollar Bill
>
>I've never heard it called pizza bones. It's pizza crust around here too. Dog
>food.

LOL We call it pizza bones around here =because= it's dog food. :P

Regards,
ravinwulf

Nancy Rudins

Jun 21, 2004, 9:38:50 AM6/21/04
Sarah Monroe wrote:

>>Gosh, and here I've always just called it pizza "crust". I feel like
>>such an oddball, now... {=-#
>>--
>>L8r,
>>Uncle Dollar Bill
>
> I've never heard it called pizza bones. It's pizza crust around here too.
> Dog food.

Pizza crust here too. It's my favorite part of the pizza.
The dog gets the pieces that the pizza guy skimped on--mostly
tomato sauce with maybe one mushroom.

Kind regards,
Nancy

--
Take a sad song and make it better (lennon/mccartney)
Nancy Rudins

Kris Baker

Jun 21, 2004, 11:18:33 AM6/21/04

"d~" <djo...@nospamhotmail.com> wrote in message

Nah, you're not. Confused, maybe ;)

Do you have a bread machine? I have a recipe for beer pizza
dough, that comes out tasting extra-yeasty.

Kris

PScan16416

Jun 21, 2004, 12:34:07 PM6/21/04
>I've never dipped my pizza in any dressing, but I believe it was mentioned
>it was a veggie pizza. Maybe some people who eat veggie pizza's dip 'em
>into dressing?

Pizza Hut's new chicken wing pizza comes with a side of Ranch Dressing. I
never heard of it either, until I got the pizza. It wasn't something we do in
upstate NY.

But it is quite tasty!

Kris Baker

Jun 21, 2004, 12:40:33 PM6/21/04

"PScan16416" <pscan...@aol.com> wrote in message

Chicken wing pizza? Is this supposed to be like Buffalo Wings?
On a pizza?
If so, why isn't it Blue Cheese dressing?

This isn't pizza!

Kris

Cliff and Linda Griffith

Jun 21, 2004, 1:01:51 PM6/21/04
"PScan16416" <pscan...@aol.com> wrote in message
> Pizza Hut's new chicken wing pizza comes with a side of Ranch Dressing.
> never heard of it either, until I got the pizza. It wasn't something we do
in
> upstate NY.
>
> But it is quite tasty!

"Chicken Wing Pizza"??? I can imagine *real* pizza bones in that!!!

Linda

Michele317

Jun 21, 2004, 3:19:05 PM6/21/04
>> Yep, it's true. You dip pizza just like you would dip anything else.
>> I've done it since college 8 yrs ago and I know lots of other people
>> who do it too. Maybe it's a Texas thing. One pizza place used to
>> give you little containers of ranch to dip, that may be where I first
>> tried it. I've had lots of people see me and tell me it's weird, and
>> then try it themselves and like it. It sounds weird, but it's really
>> good, at least to me.
>>
>> Amanda
>
>Well, I'm convinced. I just don't see the need for it.
>
>It's already gooey.
>
>Next, folks here will tell me that you dip the "dipped"
>pizza in breadcrumbs to soak up the dressing ;)
>
>Kris

then you deep-fry them, and dip them in more dressing :).

d~

Jun 21, 2004, 4:05:15 PM6/21/04
On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:18:33 GMT, "Kris Baker"
<kris....@prodigyy.net> wrote:

>Do you have a bread machine?

I have a bosch: http://www.nutritionlifestyles.com/compact.htm

My mom used to make bread twice a week (or more) and she'd start out
with wheat grain. She had a countertop mill that she would use to
grind her own flour.

Bread Machines are "cheats". :-)

I learned early on how to make dough. It's one of the few things *I*
can cook that my husband likes.[1]

> I have a recipe for beer pizza
>dough, that comes out tasting extra-yeasty.

Give, give, give!!!!!

d~
[1] In addition to my pizza dough and homemade pasta, he'll eat my
fried chicken & my green chili burritos. That's about it.

Uncle Dollar Bill

Jun 21, 2004, 9:06:22 PM6/21/04
In alt.true-crime on 21 Jun 2004 19:19:05 GMT, miche...@aol.combover
(Michele317) wrote:

Oh, gawd, this could get _very_ interesting... I'm getting hungrier
with every post, I think I'd best stop reading now. Got to watch my
"girlish" (for a rhinocerous) figure. ;-)

While we're on the subject, have any of you ever tried fried ice
cream? I'd be willing to bet you Texans have, 'cuz I think it's a
southwestern thing. But I'm not sure, never been that way. But I've
had it in Pennsylvania. Now _that_ is yummy... :-) Take some fatty,
gooey and over-sugared ice cream, roll it in "breading" of some sort
(it's sweet & crunchy, don't know exactly what's in it), run it
quickly through a deep fryer and wallah! Fat, sugar & grease all
rolled into one! :-d Add chocolate sauce, use coffee ice cream and
garnish it with a smoke, and you've got yourself an "Executive _Power_
Breakfast"... ;-)

--
L8r,
Uncle Dollar Bill

Uncle Buck's Dictionary of Daffynitions:
"pontificate: Something which should happen at
least once per day, provided the Pope is eating
his Wheaties."

njs

Jun 21, 2004, 7:29:36 PM6/21/04

"Sarah Monroe" <gmsp...@aol.com> wrote in message

> >Gosh, and here I've always just called it pizza "crust". I feel like
> >such an oddball, now... {=-#
> >--
> >L8r,
> >Uncle Dollar Bill
>
> I've never heard it called pizza bones. It's pizza crust around here too.
Dog
> food.
>

> Gms

*gasp* I am going to give you all my address and you can freeze the pizza
bones and send them to me! The mo' crust, the better. Lord, what is wrong
with a world in which people won't eat pizza crust? *wail*

Uncle Dollar Bill

Jun 21, 2004, 10:32:34 PM6/21/04
In alt.true-crime on Mon, 21 Jun 2004 23:29:36 GMT, "njs"
<elev...@giveadamn.com> wrote:

Oh, _I_ eat the crust - you betcha'! But my mom never did. Main
reason being that she was rendered toothless at 19, and hasn't been
able to handle anything crunchy ever since. ;-)

Kris Baker

Jun 21, 2004, 8:45:49 PM6/21/04

> On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:18:33 GMT, "Kris Baker"
> <kris....@prodigyy.net> wrote:
>

> >Do you have a bread machine?
>
> I have a bosch: http://www.nutritionlifestyles.com/compact.htm
>
> My mom used to make bread twice a week (or more) and she'd start out
> with wheat grain. She had a countertop mill that she would use to
> grind her own flour.
>
> Bread Machines are "cheats". :-)
>
> I learned early on how to make dough. It's one of the few things *I*
> can cook that my husband likes.[1]

I don't mind cheating, as I hate making dough.

> > I have a recipe for beer pizza
> >dough, that comes out tasting extra-yeasty.
>
> Give, give, give!!!!!
>
> d~
> [1] In addition to my pizza dough and homemade pasta, he'll eat my
> fried chicken & my green chili burritos. That's about it.

My husband will eat anything (Thank God!) Tonight, it was
leftover Penne Vodka. We'll always eat anything with green
chiles in them.

OK, here's the Beer Pizza Dough:

1 cup flat beer
2 tablespoons butter/margarine
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2-1/2 cups (ten ounces) all-purpose flour
1 package active dry yeast

Make dough manually, or run it through the
"dough" setting on the cheater machine ;)

Kris

Cliff and Linda Griffith

Jun 21, 2004, 9:29:15 PM6/21/04

> While we're on the subject, have any of you ever tried fried ice
> cream? I'd be willing to bet you Texans have, 'cuz I think it's a
> southwestern thing. But I'm not sure, never been that way. But I've
> had it in Pennsylvania. Now _that_ is yummy... :-) Take some fatty,
> gooey and over-sugared ice cream, roll it in "breading" of some sort
> (it's sweet & crunchy, don't know exactly what's in it), run it
> quickly through a deep fryer and wallah! Fat, sugar & grease all
> rolled into one! :-d Add chocolate sauce, use coffee ice cream and
> garnish it with a smoke, and you've got yourself an "Executive _Power_
> Breakfast"... ;-)
> --
> L8r,
> Uncle Dollar Bill

I think I've heard of it, but I haven't had it. I'm a Native Texan, but
desserts aren't "my thing". I think I would enjoy a frozen
chocolate-covered banana, but I read in the paper the other day that we
shouldn't freeze bananas...so I guess I missed my chance.

Linda

d~

Jun 21, 2004, 9:57:02 PM6/21/04

Cool, cool, cool!!!!

Thanks! Thanks! thanks!

can't wait to try it!!!!

d~

d~

Jun 21, 2004, 9:59:44 PM6/21/04
On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 01:06:22 GMT, UncleDo...@SpamMeNot.com (Uncle
Dollar Bill) wrote:

>While we're on the subject, have any of you ever tried fried ice
>cream? I'd be willing to bet you Texans have, 'cuz I think it's a
>southwestern thing. But I'm not sure, never been that way. But I've
>had it in Pennsylvania. Now _that_ is yummy... :-) Take some fatty,
>gooey and over-sugared ice cream, roll it in "breading" of some sort
>(it's sweet & crunchy, don't know exactly what's in it), run it
>quickly through a deep fryer and wallah! Fat, sugar & grease all
>rolled into one! :-d Add chocolate sauce, use coffee ice cream and
>garnish it with a smoke, and you've got yourself an "Executive _Power_
>Breakfast"... ;-)

the one's I've had have been a kind of cornflake mixture of some sort.

The other night at our favorite Sushi place, we went *wild* and
ordered the flame of love desert for two and it was a large ball of
vanilla ice cream covered with tempura batter and set on fire.

It was so fucking good I couldn't believe it.

d~

Glenn and Betsy

Jun 21, 2004, 10:07:26 PM6/21/04

> "Uncle Dollar Bill" <UncleDo...@SpamMeNot.com> wrote in message
> > While we're on the subject, have any of you ever tried fried ice
> > cream? I'd be willing to bet you Texans have, 'cuz I think it's a
> > southwestern thing. But I'm not sure, never been that way. But I've
> > had it in Pennsylvania. Now _that_ is yummy... :-) Take some fatty,
> > gooey and over-sugared ice cream, roll it in "breading" of some sort
> > (it's sweet & crunchy, don't know exactly what's in it), run it
> > quickly through a deep fryer and wallah! Fat, sugar & grease all
> > rolled into one! :-d Add chocolate sauce, use coffee ice cream and
> > garnish it with a smoke, and you've got yourself an "Executive _Power_
> > Breakfast"... ;-)
> > --
> > L8r,
> > Uncle Dollar Bill
>
> I think I've heard of it, but I haven't had it. I'm a Native Texan, but
> desserts aren't "my thing". I think I would enjoy a frozen
> chocolate-covered banana, but I read in the paper the other day that we
> shouldn't freeze bananas...so I guess I missed my chance.
>
> Linda

I do not like frozen bananas, so I don't really care, but I am curious as to
*why* the paper says we should not freeze bananas. Is it just because they
don't taste as good? Does it do something to their nutrition value? I just
can't imagine why anyone would say not to when people have been doing it for
so long, and I have never heard of anyone dying from it!

Betsy

Kris Baker

Jun 21, 2004, 10:27:06 PM6/21/04

"d~" <djo...@nospamhotmail.com> wrote in message

I promise, it's good. Just don't overload it with crap,
or you'll get a visit. ;)

Kris

Kris Baker

Jun 21, 2004, 10:30:32 PM6/21/04

"d~" <djo...@nospamhotmail.com> wrote in message

What's your fave sushi? (Email me if necessary.)

If you're still where you said you were, I might change
your mind on "fave" sushi.

Kris

Kris Baker

Jun 21, 2004, 10:31:27 PM6/21/04

"Glenn and Betsy" <b.fe...@comcast.net> wrote in message

It doesn't hurt them, in a dangerous way. I don't know how else
to put this, but they turn into snot when they defrost ;)

Kris

Cliff and Linda Griffith

Jun 21, 2004, 11:47:13 PM6/21/04
> > > I think I've heard of it, but I haven't had it. I'm a Native Texan,
but
> > > desserts aren't "my thing". I think I would enjoy a frozen
> > > chocolate-covered banana, but I read in the paper the other day that
we
> > > shouldn't freeze bananas...so I guess I missed my chance.
> > >
> > > Linda
> >
> > I do not like frozen bananas, so I don't really care, but I am curious
as
> > *why* the paper says we should not freeze bananas. Is it just because
they
> > don't taste as good? Does it do something to their nutrition value? I
just
> > can't imagine why anyone would say not to when people have been doing it
> for
> > so long, and I have never heard of anyone dying from it!
> >
> > Betsy
>
> It doesn't hurt them, in a dangerous way. I don't know how else
> to put this, but they turn into snot when they defrost ;)
>
> Kris

Well, I tried to find the article, but I couldn't; so NEVERMIND! I promise
I didn't make it up, though.

Linda

Anne Warfield

Jun 22, 2004, 1:18:22 AM6/22/04
Dollar Bill) wrote:

>While we're on the subject, have any of you ever tried fried ice
>cream? I'd be willing to bet you Texans have, 'cuz I think it's a
>southwestern thing.

I've had it & it's delicious. :) A lot of Mexican restaurants
feature it.

--
Anne Warfield
indigoace at goodsol period com

Anne Warfield

Jun 22, 2004, 1:19:42 AM6/22/04
wrote:

>*gasp* I am going to give you all my address and you can freeze the pizza

>bones and send them to me! The mo' crust, the better. Lord, what is wrong
>with a world in which people won't eat pizza crust? *wail*

They're eating crappy pizza crust? (Not all pizza crust is created
equal.)

d~

Jun 22, 2004, 6:55:59 AM6/22/04
On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 02:30:32 GMT, "Kris Baker"
<kris....@prodigyy.net> wrote:

>What's your fave sushi? (Email me if necessary.)
>
>If you're still where you said you were, I might change
>your mind on "fave" sushi.

I doubt it.

url sent to above address.

d~

OzzieAnnie

Jun 23, 2004, 8:12:38 PM6/23/04

"Anne Warfield" <indi...@aolxxx.com> wrote in message

We've had it in Chinese restaurants. Multicultural dessert. OA

Patty

Jul 4, 2004, 3:12:35 AM7/4/04
From the Daily News 6/15:

Among items not yet explained is the missing pizza. Police said that
when they
entered Scott's home the first time, they saw on the kitchen counter
an open box of pizza with a few slices left. Scott was subsequently
permitted in his home briefly while accompanied by officers, but none
reported his touching the pizza box.

But in crime scene photos taken later that evening, the pizza and box
have vanished.

Volfie

Jul 4, 2004, 9:26:58 AM7/4/04

"Patty" <eartha...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Maybe they've slipped into the mysterious and rarely seen crime scene food
vortex along with JohBenet's damn pineapple chunks.

Giselle (I've come to the conclusion that this whole newsgroup is dieting
because we are overly fascinated with food :)